PDA

View Full Version : The Kite Runner

cantthinkofanything
07-11-2014, 03:59 PM
First time I saw this book was years ago in a bookstore and it was Oprah's book choice of the month. So I never ever even thought about reading it. Week or so ago, I was in Half Price books looking for my daughter's summer reading books. Saw Kite Runner and decided to give it a chance.

Not usually the kind of book I read but it's been very good so far (about half way through). Really like the writing. Tells a good story and sets the mood without being too wordy. If it holds up, I'll probably check out his other books.

leemajors
07-11-2014, 04:44 PM
My daughter moved on to Percy Jackson land after living in Harry Potter land for a few years. I'm trying to get her to read Ender's Game.

cantthinkofanything
07-11-2014, 04:52 PM
My daughter moved on to Percy Jackson land after living in Harry Potter land for a few years. I'm trying to get her to read Ender's Game.

that funny...same story...she liked Percy Jackson...I can't quite get her to read Ender's Game. Anything I suggest, she'll "think about it". Of course after seeing the movie, it'll (the book) lose a lot punch.
She liked Divergent but not enough to read the 2nd book. In any event, she has a school reading list so all the above have to take a back seat. She picked Journey to the Center of the Earth. She also has to read a non-fiction book.

Avante
07-11-2014, 10:20 PM
If ya haven't seen the movie it's a better read.

mrsmaalox
07-12-2014, 12:02 AM
I loved the book, but the movie is so well-done and so full of emotion and just beautiful to watch, that I may like it better.

leemajors
07-12-2014, 01:20 AM
that funny...same story...she liked Percy Jackson...I can't quite get her to read Ender's Game. Anything I suggest, she'll "think about it". Of course after seeing the movie, it'll (the book) lose a lot punch.
She liked Divergent but not enough to read the 2nd book. In any event, she has a school reading list so all the above have to take a back seat. She picked Journey to the Center of the Earth. She also has to read a non-fiction book.

Yeah, my only luck recommending is if a friend of hers has read/heard about it. The only reason she read Wizard of Earthsea.

Avante
07-12-2014, 01:22 AM
Yeah, my only luck recommending is if a friend of hers has read/heard about it. The only reason she read Wizard of Earthsea.

I have that 4 book saga, been thinking about starting it. Yes?

cantthinkofanything
07-14-2014, 10:48 AM
Finished this last night. Enjoyed the book but probably won't read his other works. Kind of a one off-for me.

Franklin
07-14-2014, 08:26 PM
CTOA's avatar :lmao yes, there're still one or two posters who don't yet know you're a pedo, thanks for being honest and telling them the truth.

cantthinkofanything
07-14-2014, 09:18 PM
CTOA's avatar :lmao yes, there're still one or two posters who don't yet know you're a pedo, thanks for being honest and telling them the truth.

Lol. You're just mad because I poop in your Whore Goddess.