PDA

View Full Version : War and Peace

Avante
07-11-2014, 11:39 PM
Had to run a few errands today, on my way I pass a yard sale, I stop. I look for...

tapes
CD's
candles
old comics
football cards
lamps...always upgrading
cool whatevers

Well there wasn't much there other than books. little old lady with a ton of books. Yep....a quarter. So I score a couple Lee Child (Jack Ranger), a few J.T.Edson's (Dusty Fog) and Tolstoy's...War and Peace. Has anyone out there ever actually read this door stop? Over 1400 pages, whoa! Is it worth the time? I usually read about 30 pages a day, so....hmmmm?...6/7 weeks? I'd hate to get 100 pages into this monstrosity before realizing.......this sucks. Then again, it was just...... a quarter:hat

DJR210
07-11-2014, 11:51 PM
Your life reminds me of that old Bill Murray movie Groundhogs Day.

Avante
07-12-2014, 12:20 AM
Your life reminds me of that old Bill Murray movie Groundhogs Day.

I've never seen that movie, it didn't interest me. Yet you watched it, hmmmm? I don't like goofy comedy.

DJR210
07-12-2014, 12:23 AM
I've never seen that movie, it didn't interest me. Yet you watched it, hmmmm? I don't like goofy comedy.

You should watch it, you'll know what I mean.

Avante
07-12-2014, 12:31 AM
You should watch it, you'll know what I mean.

I seriously doubt the guy in the movie mixed early Ernest Tubb, Roy Acuff, Bill Monroe and The Stanley Brothers today. I doubt he just wrapped up Hermann Hesses's first book.

Dude, you always appear so clueless about everything. You seem so simple/shallow, totally lacking any depth. You watch silly comedies, I don't.

ChumpDumper
07-12-2014, 09:23 AM
Phil Conners spent about 40 years living the same day over and over -- and there is no chance he spent one of those days making almanac lists trying to impress strangers on the internet or bitching when someone pointed that fact out to him.

Now you may whine like a 2 year old.

Clipper Nation
07-12-2014, 09:39 AM
Had to run a few errands today, on my way I pass a yard sale, I stop. I look for...

tapes
CD's
candles
old comics
football cards
lamps...always upgrading
cool whatevers

Well there wasn't much there other than books. little old lady with a ton of books. Yep....a quarter. So I score a couple Lee Child (Jack Ranger), a few J.T.Edson's (Dusty Fog) and Tolstoy's...War and Peace. Has anyone out there ever actually read this door stop? Over 1400 pages, whoa! Is it worth the time? I usually read about 30 pages a day, so....hmmmm?...6/7 weeks? I'd hate to get 100 pages into this monstrosity before realizing.......this sucks. Then again, it was just...... a quarter:hat

You're one to talk about long, boring writing, faggot :lol

Al Bundy
07-12-2014, 10:57 AM
This guys a real loser.

benefactor
07-12-2014, 01:05 PM
Welcher, liar.

That is all.

UZER
07-12-2014, 05:01 PM
Phil Conners spent about 40 years living the same day over and over -- and there is no chance he spent one of those days making almanac lists trying to impress strangers on the internet or bitching when someone pointed that fact out to him.

Now you may whine like a 2 year old.

Love that movie. Never really did research how long repeated same day. 40 years is interesting though.

ChumpDumper
07-12-2014, 05:05 PM
Love that movie. Never really did research how long repeated same day. 40 years is interesting though.Think that's what Ramis ended up saying it was. It's a light movie but it's pretty thought provoking if you're comfortable with never having any real answers.