PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: James contract just two years with an opt out after one

MarioSpeedwagon
07-12-2014, 04:37 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11207703/lebron-james-deal-cleveland-cavaliers-2-years-421-million

AaronY
07-12-2014, 06:26 PM
This is gonna become a big deal if they struggle at all this year

Thread
07-12-2014, 06:29 PM
This is gonna become a big deal if they struggle at all this year

At first blush on a pedestrian contract yes, but, not this.

AaronY
07-12-2014, 06:32 PM
At first blush on a pedestrian contract yes, but, not this.
The media will make a big deal out of it if there are injuries/struggles. It's what they do

Thread
07-12-2014, 06:34 PM
The media will make a big deal out of it if there are injuries/struggles. It's what they do

I don't think so, AY. They'll be a general gag order on it. If the gag order activates and holds then I'm right. If it's Katie bar the door, you're right and I'll cite ya.

AaronY
07-12-2014, 06:35 PM
I don't think so, AY. They'll be a general gag order on it. If the gag order activates and holds then I'm right. If it's Katie bar the door, you're right and I'll cite ya.
Let's say Wiggins is a bust and Varejao tears an acl you don't think those retard talking heads on espn won't bring it up regularly? I think they will.

Thread
07-12-2014, 06:47 PM
Let's say Wiggins is a bust and Varejao tears an acl you don't think those retard talking heads on espn won't bring it up regularly? I think they will.

But they won't marry it to James. If they were to do that,,,and with sustained gusto then yes, you'd be onto something. I just believe he is there for the long run and Media will shroud him as necessary.