PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Still the best front office in the league.

21_Dickings
07-12-2014, 06:28 PM
Holy shit, Mitch making opposing GMs looking like the chumps they are! I know the Lin signing is old news on here, but I've been partying it up motherfuckin' Hollywood style since I heard the news and been too busy to visit you Fatnecks.

But I'm here now and what a fuckin' roster Mitch and Co. have built us. Lin is easily a 15 and 10 dimes kind of a player who will excel playing alongside the Mamba. Speaking of the Mamba, he is 100% healthy and should have an MVP year. Then we got Swaggy, a deadly offensive player, at the 3. Randle, who is easily the best rookie, will be a double-double machine. And we have the hard-working Jordan Hill at the 5. I expect Hill to be a DPOY candidate this season.

Now, I'm not claiming title just yet, this roster still needs some playoff seasoning, but I do fully predict a WCF berth where we will lose to the Thunder in a hard fought 7 game series.

But in the 2015-16 season, it's on.

J.H.U.T.T.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/87/Jabba_the_Hutt.png

Damn, feels so fuckin' good being a Lakers fan. Enjoy your meaningless 1 year of glory, Burrito Breaths.

Lakers are back! :hat

HI-FI
07-12-2014, 06:30 PM
:lmao
the goods.

Thread
07-12-2014, 06:30 PM
:lmao
the goods.

Oh, yeah, just side splitting hilarious.:rolleyes

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-12-2014, 06:31 PM
No. Once Jerry Buss died that ended the Lakers supremacy in the FA market. Now the LAkers sells pitches are I'll teach you how to be a champion and your wife can be more famous than you.

AaronY
07-12-2014, 06:33 PM
No. Once Jerry Buss died that ended the Lakers supremacy in the FA market. Now the LAkers sells pitches are I'll teach you how to be a champion and your wife can be more famous than you.
Excellent rebuttal.

HemisfairArena
07-12-2014, 06:36 PM
That's the spirit,,,,you tell 'em.

Thread
07-12-2014, 06:43 PM

Horseshit. One thing changed and that was in the early '70s? I'm not sure of the exact date, but, there is most assuredly a hard date. It's the birth of The Cubes. If he hadn't been born we'd still be rockin' & rollin' nary a care in the world.

Everything ends.

midnightpulp
07-12-2014, 06:50 PM
Horseshit. One thing changed and that was in the early '70s? I'm not sure of the exact date, but, there is most assuredly a hard date. It's the birth of The Cubes. If he hadn't been born we'd still be rockin' & rollin' nary a care in the world.

Everything ends.

The CBA

Thread
07-12-2014, 06:59 PM
The CBA

Don't start tonite, Midst. It's my baby. I was first. Me.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-12-2014, 07:02 PM

Everything ends.

Lakers couldn't buy a championship in the 70s. Kareem had like 4 title less season when he first join the Lakers. It wasn't until Buss bought team in 79 did the Lakers start to win championships again. He turned that franchise around and sustained it for the most part.

Thread
07-12-2014, 07:05 PM
Lakers couldn't buy a championship in the 70s. Kareem had like 4 title less season when he first join the Lakers. It wasn't until Buss bought team in 79 did the Lakers start to win championships again. He turned that franchise around and sustained it for the most part.

& we'd still be rockin' & rollin' had The Cubes parents not broke a nut that stuck.

Kool Bob Love
07-12-2014, 07:31 PM
Couldn't even sign one decent player?

Thread
07-12-2014, 07:34 PM
Couldn't even sign one decent player?

You let Gasol get away. You've nary room.

Kool Bob Love
07-12-2014, 07:35 PM
DMC said we have room because of FIVE.....Not one tho?

Mugen
07-12-2014, 07:36 PM
Mid always brings the goods.

But I think the Lakers have had a solid offseason so far from a realistic standpoint. They were never gonna get a FA of note as long as Kobe was there and paying Pau 10mil doesn't make sense for a team that'll struggle to make the playoffs.

They just have to hope that Kirby retires when his contract is up or walks. In which case, they've got a good chance at rebuilding.

Splits
07-12-2014, 07:48 PM

What did the Lakers get in return for MVPau? Dwert?

spurraider21
07-12-2014, 07:50 PM
Mid always brings the goods.

But I think the Lakers have had a solid offseason so far from a realistic standpoint. They were never gonna get a FA of note as long as Kobe was there and paying Pau 10mil doesn't make sense for a team that'll struggle to make the playoffs.

They just have to hope that Kirby retires when his contract is up or walks. In which case, they've got a good chance at rebuilding.
they should have tried harder to get a pick out of MVPau

Mugen
07-12-2014, 07:54 PM
they should have tried harder to get a pick out of MVPau

I'm guessing Mitch tried to play hardbull with Chi and they didn't budge. Not much you could do about tbh.

They didn't tie big money to Melo or Pau so they've got a chance at a FA next summer or 2016 and they've put together a roster shitty enough to keep that Top 5 pick next year tbh :lol

It sucks for Kirby fans but if I were a Laker fan, I'd be okay with how the summer has been so far.

spurraider21
07-12-2014, 07:55 PM
I'm guessing Mitch tried to play hardbull with Chi and they didn't budge. Not much you could do about tbh.

They didn't tie big money to Melo or Pau so they've got a chance at a FA next summer or 2016 and they've put together a roster shitty enough to keep that Top 5 pick next year tbh :lol

It sucks for Kirby fans but if I were a Laker fan, I'd be okay with how the summer has been so far.
kirby fans are legit happy about the Lin pickup, thinking it had anything to do with Lin on the court :lol

Mugen
07-12-2014, 07:56 PM
kirby fans are legit happy about the Lin pickup, thinking it had anything to do with Lin on the court :lol

You and I both know that SoCal is asian enough that Lin has a good chance of surpassing Kirby in popularity by the All Star break next season tbh :lol

spurraider21
07-12-2014, 08:06 PM
You and I both know that SoCal is asian enough that Lin has a good chance of surpassing Kirby in popularity by the All Star break next season tbh :lol
thank god i'm done with UCLA tbh :lol

elmanutres
07-12-2014, 08:14 PM
duncan 5 > kobe 5

Thread
07-12-2014, 08:21 PM
duncan 5 > kobe 5

The Bag stays in Texas.

Mugen
07-12-2014, 08:27 PM
Hey shoeshines, you missed a spot.

elmanutres
07-12-2014, 08:30 PM
The Bag stays in Texas.

yes it is in texas. Until kobe comes to town in the next spurs lakers meeting to pick it up and take it back to cali.

moisaenz
07-12-2014, 08:31 PM
yeah the spurs being contenders are dependant upon the arrival of Gasol. Spurs missed their chances to contend next season..

moisaenz
07-12-2014, 08:32 PM
yes it is in texas. Until kobe comes to town in the next spurs lakers meeting to pick it up and take it back to cali.

will he attempt to rape the bag???

Thread
07-12-2014, 08:33 PM
Hey shoeshines, you missed a spot.

Damn your soul, Mugs!!!

Thread
07-12-2014, 08:35 PM
yeah the spurs being contenders are dependant upon the arrival of Gasol. Spurs missed their chances to contend next season..

That's not the point, moist. The point is Pop declared for him and failed to get him. By God, if he'd a got him I'd be stripped naked and my ass turned to two Jap flags over it. I have every right to strip you down---naked---and beat your ass like a tom-tom.

HemisfairArena
07-12-2014, 08:37 PM
Its sad to say for Laker fans but the Bag is not only in L.A.,,,it has consumed the Laker organization as a whole. They cant even find a coach,,,get a 2nd tier free agent,,,and fall back on broken sidekicks for 48.5. The bag has taken on a life of its own and crushing LA and leaving it in its wake,,,

elmanutres
07-12-2014, 08:41 PM
That's not the point, moist. The point is Pop declared for him and failed to get him. By God, if he'd a got him I'd be stripped naked and my ass turned to two Jap flags over it. I have every right to strip you down---naked---and beat your ass like a tom-tom.
we didn't need gasol thready. Gasol was not a piece we bothered to pursue aggressively. The main thing we wanted to do was bring the gang back. We got duncan, diaw and mills back. The fo did their jobs. Gasol was just the optional cherry on top. If we got him, great, that would help alot. If we didn't (which happened), we are still ok. The loss is on gasol.

moisaenz
07-12-2014, 08:45 PM

yeah keep saying that, i know its comforting. Spurfans are so upset about this non-signing,we are wondering why pop signed an extension if he can not get someone signed.

baseline bum
07-12-2014, 08:54 PM
thank god i'm done with UCLA tbh :lol

:rollin

Thread
07-12-2014, 08:54 PM
we didn't need gasol thready. Gasol was not a piece we bothered to pursue aggressively. The main thing we wanted to do was bring the gang back. We got duncan, diaw and mills back. The fo did their jobs. Gasol was just the optional cherry on top. If we got him, great, that would help alot. If we didn't (which happened), we are still ok. The loss is on gasol.

It's says on ESPN you went after him aggressively, Elms. Pop failed. Let him take it and you take it as well. Had he went with you guys I'd have no peace tonite, or for the next few days. I'm gonna stomp me some keester over this. And I ain't a goin' to stop. I'm blood drunk.

CHARGE!!!!!!

elmanutres
07-13-2014, 12:24 AM
It's says on ESPN you went after him aggressively, Elms. Pop failed. Let him take it and you take it as well. Had he went with you guys I'd have no peace tonite, or for the next few days. I'm gonna stomp me some keester over this. And I ain't a goin' to stop. I'm blood drunk.

CHARGE!!!!!!

Look at you. Always the first to bitch about the media.always the first to discredit them. Now here you are siding with them for your own benefit. Cause BSpn said so. You should still sleep worried thread. A new 6 is coming.

And ain't a Dam thing you gonna do about it

Splits
07-13-2014, 12:34 AM
Its sad to say for Laker fans but the Bag is not only in L.A.,,,it has consumed the Laker organization as a whole. They cant even find a coach,,,get a 2nd tier free agent,,,and fall back on broken sidekicks for 48.5. The bag has taken on a life of its own and crushing LA and leaving it in its wake,,,

Hemi

DMC
07-13-2014, 12:36 AM

We just destroyed the super team and hold the throne. We don't need additions. We have more than room, we have the entire fucking building.