PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: This is Lebron's 2 Year Hiatus from Basketball (ala MJ)

DMC
07-12-2014, 11:22 PM
MJ made 3 consecutive Finals and then took time off (for whatever reason). Lebron made 4 and now he's signed a 2 year deal in Cleveland, his home area, and he's openly admitted that they won't be contenders for the ring in the 1st year. Ok, so the 2nd? Probably not. He knows that, so he's just there to bring back some money to his home state and to gather more fans since the Miami fans are flaky anyhow and will come back to him if he ever returns (for half the game, and depending on the game itself, could be either half).

So I don't take this move to mean anything in terms of a ring for Cleveland, though I do expect them to make the playoffs next year in that weak ass conference (especially weak now). Lebron is just following the leader, in a different fashion.

Infinite_limit
07-12-2014, 11:28 PM
Gasol signing must have scared him off

Spurs 4 The Win
07-12-2014, 11:30 PM
MJ made 3 consecutive Finals and then took time off (for whatever reason). Lebron made 4 and now he's signed a 2 year deal in Cleveland, his home area, and he's openly admitted that they won't be contenders for the ring in the 1st year. Ok, so the 2nd? Probably not. He knows that, so he's just there to bring back some money to his home state and to gather more fans since the Miami fans are flaky anyhow and will come back to him if he ever returns (for half the game, and depending on the game itself, could be either half).

So I don't take this move to mean anything in terms of a ring for Cleveland, though I do expect them to make the playoffs next year in that weak ass conference (especially weak now). Lebron is just following the leader, in a different fashion.

They are instant title contenders. LeBeta is just lowering the bar this time instead of guaranteeing 8 championships. He learned his lesson. He isnt a winner and its a pussy move to say you wont win a title (would you ever hear Duncan, MJ, or Kobe say that, fuck no).

DMC
07-12-2014, 11:38 PM
They are instant title contenders. LeBeta is just lowering the bar this time instead of guaranteeing 8 championships. He learned his lesson. He isnt a winner and its a pussy move to say you wont win a title (would you ever hear Duncan, MJ, or Kobe say that, fuck no).

No they aren't. They won't get past the Pacers or probably even the Bulls or Wizards next season.

Spurs 4 The Win
07-12-2014, 11:40 PM
No they aren't. They won't get past the Pacers or probably even the Bulls or Wizards next season.

Love, LeBron, Kyrie.... That will win the shitty east. They are NBA champion favorites according to Vegas.... Cmon man

Clipper Nation
07-12-2014, 11:41 PM

Typical blind LeBron hater, bashing him for guaranteeing championships and then bashing him for not guaranteeing them :lol

m>s
07-12-2014, 11:41 PM
gotta disagree with you brah. indiana is shit and who knows if stephenson or hibbert are even coming back.

DMC
07-12-2014, 11:42 PM
Love, LeBron, Kyrie.... That will win the shitty east. They are NBA champion favorites according to Vegas.... Cmon man

Love cannot guard a locked room. He never made the playoffs, even with AK47 and Rubio and, I think, Beasley. Three ball dominant players on the same team? Where have we seen that?

DMC
07-12-2014, 11:43 PM
gotta disagree with you brah. indiana is shit and who knows if stephenson or hibbert are even coming back.

1st season together means feeling out. New teammates, new coach... friction in the city and with the management... nah.

Spurs 4 The Win
07-12-2014, 11:44 PM
1st season together means feeling out. New teammates, new coach... friction in the city and with the management... nah.

Like Miami in season 1 right? There is no roster in the East that can beat them lol

Spurs 4 The Win
07-12-2014, 11:45 PM
Typical blind LeBron hater, bashing him for guaranteeing championships and then bashing him for not guaranteeing them :lol

Typical LeBeta dick sucker, excusing all of his actions just because you like the taste of his cock

m>s
07-12-2014, 11:46 PM
but there is literally not even a remotely decent team in the east anymore. they'll make the ECF or finals only to get BTFO by the spurs or thunder or rockets

Spurs 4 The Win
07-12-2014, 11:47 PM
but there is literally not even a remotely decent team in the east anymore. they'll make the ECF or finals only to get BTFO by the spurs or thunder or rockets

:lmao

Venti Quattro
LeBron will enter the Finals next year. Whether he'll win or lose is another story. Depends on who he faces.

DMC
Like Miami in season 1 right? There is no roster in the East that can beat them lol

You cannot compare Kyrie Irving to Dwayne Wade, nor Kevin Love to Chris Bosh.

Spurs 4 The Win
07-12-2014, 11:49 PM
You cannot compare Kyrie Irving to Dwayne Wade, nor Kevin Love to Chris Bosh.

Who will beat them? Miami, no way, although that would be hilarious. Washington, doubtful. Chicago, no unless Rose is a fuckin beast. Indiana... :lmao

DMC
07-12-2014, 11:49 PM

The East lacks good offense, but they have somewhat decent defense. The Cavs defense remains to be seen, and it also remains to be seen whether or not Irving will want to co-exist with James, basically to take a back seat.

DMC
07-12-2014, 11:52 PM
Who will beat them? Miami, no way, although that would be hilarious. Washington, doubtful. Chicago, no unless Rose is a fuckin beast. Indiana... :lmao

I said already in my first response. The Bulls will have D Rose back, and have Pau Gasol as well. That's a formidable team now especially with Tom T coaching (against who the fuck ever is coaching the Cavs, let's not dismiss coaching in the equation). The Wizards looked good in the post season. They will likely improve. I don't know what the Knicks are going to look like under Phil, but we'll see. The Pacers will be fine. They struggled late in the season but they are still probably the strongest team in the East atm.

BatManu20
07-12-2014, 11:52 PM
The Cavs are already the favorites to win the East.. that's how bad the East is. They could win or lose in the Finals, depending on who they play.

DMC
07-12-2014, 11:53 PM
The Cavs are already the favorites to the East.. that's how bad the East is. They could win or lose, depending on who they play.

Then they aren't the favorites.

Infinite_limit
07-12-2014, 11:53 PM
LeBron will enter the Finals next year. Whether he'll win or lose is another story. Depends on who he faces.
Not without Kevin Love

Clipper Nation
07-12-2014, 11:55 PM
Not without Kevin Love
Goddamn, hop off Kevin Love's dick, son.... you need defense to win championships, not a selfish stat-padder who would rather get into rebounding position than contest shots....

Spurs 4 The Win
07-12-2014, 11:58 PM
I said already in my first response. The Bulls will have D Rose back, and have Pau Gasol as well. That's a formidable team now especially with Tom T coaching (against who the fuck ever is coaching the Cavs, let's not dismiss coaching in the equation). The Wizards looked good in the post season. They will likely improve. I don't know what the Knicks are going to look like under Phil, but we'll see. The Pacers will be fine. They struggled late in the season but they are still probably the strongest team in the East atm.

They looked fucking awful, getting ass whipped by a garbage Pacers team. Pacers the best in the East, gtfo :lmao

And when did Tom I run my players into the ground every game Thibedeau (however the fuck you spell that shit) become some basketball guru with his no rings (and rose sucks now anyways)

DMC
07-13-2014, 12:01 AM
They looked fucking awful, getting ass whipped by a garbage Pacers team. Pacers the best in the East, gtfo :lmao

And when did Tom I run my players into the ground every game Thibedeau (however the fuck you spell that shit) become some basketball guru with his no rings (and rose sucks now anyways)

That's easy to say when you haven't seen the Cavs even play yet. Bench... anyone? Tom has a ring under Doc. He's taken his team to the playoffs even with his star player out every year. That's more than the Cavs did even with their star player. Wizards beat the Bulls.

Kawhi
07-13-2014, 12:02 AM
Goddamn, hop off Kevin Love's dick, son.... you need defense to win championships, not a selfish stat-padder who would rather get into rebounding position than contest shots....
That's why clippers ain't winning shit with Blake Griffin, just cares about dunks then turns into a huge pussy in the playoffs

DMC
07-13-2014, 12:04 AM
That's why clippers ain't winning shit with Blake Griffin, just cares about dunks then turns into a huge pussy in the playoffs

Blake was fine in the playoffs. Chris Paul pulled a Pop and micromanaged the game into extinction with hotdog "I gots high BB IQ" bullshit.

Clipper Nation

"Blake Griffin only dunks" is pretty much the litmus test for whether you actually watch basketball or just highlights.... clearly, you only watch SportsCenter....

Kevin Love has never even sniffed the playoffs....

Spurs 4 The Win
That's easy to say when you haven't seen the Cavs even play yet. Bench... anyone? Tom has a ring under Doc. He's taken his team to the playoffs even with his star player out every year. That's more than the Cavs did even with their star player. Wizards beat the Bulls.

As we saw this year, LeBron was more than capable of carrying a team full of scrubs through the shit east, now he will have Kyrie and Love, which is about a push to the Miami squad from last season, plus Allen and Miller. They will be good enough to take the East and then get plowed by the Spurs/Thunder

Clipper Nation
07-13-2014, 12:05 AM
Blake was fine in the playoffs. Chris Paul pulled a Pop and micromanaged the game into extinction with hotdog "I gots high BB IQ" bullshit.

Pretty much, it's Choke Paul and Crawford who were to blame for this year's collapse....

DMC
As we saw this year, LeBron was more than capable of carrying a team full of scrubs through the shit east, now he will have Kyrie and Love, which is about a push to the Miami squad from last season, plus Allen and Miller. They will be good enough to take the East and then get plowed by the Spurs/Thunder

Lebron didn't go to Cleveland to carry scrubs. He went there to chill and "build". Building is an excuse for losing. No one is serious about building after signing a 2 year deal.

Spurs 4 The Win
"Blake Griffin only dunks" is pretty much the litmus test for whether you actually watch basketball or just highlights.... clearly, you only watch SportsCenter....

Kevin Love has never even sniffed the playoffs....

Lol, CPchoke will never get to the WCF

DMC
07-13-2014, 12:06 AM
Pretty much, it's Choke Paul and Crawford who were to blame for this year's collapse....

Clippers had the Thunder on the ropes. Chris Paul let them off of it.

Clipper Nation
Lol, CPchoke will never get to the WCF

I agree, I've wanted his deadweight ass to be traded for months now and have said as much plenty of times.... you must have thought that was one sick burn :lol

Spurs 4 The Win
Lebron didn't go to Cleveland to carry scrubs. He went there to chill and "build". Building is an excuse for losing. No one is serious about building after signing a 2 year deal.

He is going to carry scrubs man... what else is he going to do... lose on purpose.... he will carry them straight to the ECF at minimum

BatManu20
07-13-2014, 12:07 AM
Then they aren't the favorites.

The Cavs are already the favorites to win the East.. that's how bad the East is. They could win or lose in the Finals, depending on who they play.

Fify

Kawhi
Yeah, he was being guarded by that scrub David Lee :lol

Spurs 4 The Win
I agree, I've wanted his deadweight ass to be traded for months now and have said as much plenty of times.... you must have thought that was one sick burn :lol

Not at all, I know you dont like him, just reminding you that your team blows nuts

DMC
07-13-2014, 12:08 AM
He is going to carry scrubs man... what else is he going to do... lose on purpose.... he will carry them straight to the ECF at minimum

You don't have to lose on purpose in the NBA. He's going to try to get Kryie and Wiggins involved, and try to develop chemistry with the team. The Heat will still be formidable, don't sleep on them. Bosh and Wade on the same team is still a dangerous combination, and this is a prime opportunity for some young buck to earn his antlers.

DMC
07-13-2014, 12:09 AM
Yeah, he was being guarded by that scrub David Lee :lol

I'm talking about the 2nd round. The Warriors were a joke.

Spurs 4 The Win
07-13-2014, 12:14 AM
You don't have to lose on purpose in the NBA. He's going to try to get Kryie and Wiggins involved, and try to develop chemistry with the team. The Heat will still be formidable, don't sleep on them. Bosh and Wade on the same team is still a dangerous combination, and this is a prime opportunity for some young buck to earn his antlers.

I guarantee the Cavs will make the ECF next season and im about 75% sure they win the East and should be favored without question. Also Wiggins wont be on the team if they get Love

DMC
07-13-2014, 12:15 AM
Fify

It was your statement, not mine.

You cannot possibly say the Cavs are the favorites to win the East when you've never seen them play a single game. Lebron is great, no doubt, but there's more to it than that. You're discounting the coach, the owner, the rest of the team... and other teams as well. You're taking 2014 Lebron and putting him with 2007 Cavs. If the Cavs were making the playoffs without Lebron, sure. That's what the Heat were doing. Then they got Bosh, Lebron, Allen, Battier, Miller... Quite different from a group of rookies with a PG who's accustomed to taking all the offensive load. If Deng is still there, he's a big bonus, but then again there's only one ball.

DMC
07-13-2014, 12:16 AM
I guarantee the Cavs will make the ECF next season and im about 75% sure they win the East and should be favored without question. Also Wiggins wont be on the team if they get Love
Or I get my money back? They won't make the ECF with Kevin Love on the team. He cannot guard the other team's bigs.

Spurs 4 The Win
07-13-2014, 12:21 AM
Or I get my money back? They won't make the ECF with Kevin Love on the team. He cannot guard the other team's bigs.

I hate LeBeta and would love for you to be right, but I guarantee they make the ECF. It isnt even a question

DMC
07-13-2014, 12:25 AM
I hate LeBeta and would love for you to be right, but I guarantee they make the ECF. It isnt even a question
Or what? Guarantees are worthless without an "or".

Sean Cagney
07-13-2014, 12:28 AM
Will D ROSE EVER be back? I mean seriously will he? He is far from back, he needs to play half a year and show he is back before I say he is back. Wiz did look good, agreed there. They lost Ariza though who was a key part IMO. Otto Porter will have to play worth a shit and Pierce will have to show he still has it. Knicks? LMFAO. Pacers be fine? They fell apart last year, bigtime! They showed nothing late for me to think they are fine! Hibbert being shopped too? I just don't know man.

Spurs 4 The Win
07-13-2014, 12:30 AM
Or what? Guarantees are worthless without an "or".

What would you want to bet

DMC
07-13-2014, 12:32 AM
What would you want to bet
ELE yourself. There's no bet in a guarantee. Bets aren't guaranteed.

DMC
07-13-2014, 12:34 AM
Will D ROSE EVER be back? I mean seriously will he? He is far from back, he needs to play half a year and show he is back before I say he is back. Wiz did look good, agreed there. They lost Ariza though who was a key part IMO. Otto Porter will have to play worth a shit and Pierce will have to show he still has it. Knicks? LMFAO. Pacers be fine? They fell apart last year, bigtime! They showed nothing late for me to think they are fine! Hibbert being shopped too? I just don't know man.

You could say the Spurs fell apart in 2012, getting back doored by a team that was backdoored in the Finals.

Spurs 4 The Win
07-13-2014, 12:36 AM
ELE yourself. There's no bet in a guarantee. Bets aren't guaranteed.

Pussy, you scared to bet?

Infinite_limit
Bulls might have the best front court in the League. But that won't translate well in the Playoffs without more backcourt Help for Rose

Spurs 4 The Win
You could say the Spurs fell apart in 2012, getting back doored by a team that was backdoored in the Finals.

Falling apart does not constitute getting rigged out of the series... game 6 cough cough

DMC
07-13-2014, 12:39 AM
Falling apart does not constitute getting rigged out of the series... game 6 cough cough

Spurs didn't get rigged for a backdoor sweep. Stop already.

My point is that you don't know what a team has to offer until you seem them play a few dozen games, and we haven't seen even one. That being the case, we have to go by who was there last, despite how well they did. They weren't swept, that's for sure. They are a good PG away from being dangerous, and George Hill needs to come off the bench.

Spurs 4 The Win
07-13-2014, 12:41 AM
Spurs didn't get rigged for a backdoor sweep. Stop already.

My point is that you don't know what a team has to offer until you seem them play a few dozen games, and we haven't seen even one. That being the case, we have to go by who was there last, despite how well they did. They weren't swept, that's for sure. They are a good PG away from being dangerous, and George Hill needs to come off the bench.

Lol, so you didnt watch game 6? That was as blatant as blatant could be

DMC
07-13-2014, 12:44 AM
Lol, so you didnt watch game 6? That was as blatant as blatant could be

One game is not a backdoor sweep. Miami could lodge the AC game. You win or you lose, and Spurs lost.

Spurs 4 The Win
07-13-2014, 12:48 AM
One game is not a backdoor sweep. Miami could lodge the AC game. You win or you lose, and Spurs lost.

The AC game was not rigged... Refs calling anything and everything and fouls that dont even occur is rigging, not to mention most of the NBA knows that game was rigged. Go watch the second half of that game if you can stomach it. We had 3 pointers taken off the board, phantom and 1s, and phantom shooting fouls all over the place, we got mauled repeatedly, bogus charge calls, it had everything, even Durant crying and hugging his mom with 30 seconds left in the game, it was a fucking shitshow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjxFgXse5oo

m>s
07-13-2014, 01:13 AM
The East lacks good offense, but they have somewhat decent defense. The Cavs defense remains to be seen, and it also remains to be seen whether or not Irving will want to co-exist with James, basically to take a back seat.
didn't irving make public statements encouraging lebron to come?

scanry
07-13-2014, 02:10 AM

You'all should trade CP3 for Dragic man. Now that's a cold blooded mofcker. Enrique will actually sh!t his pants if he sees Dragic in the playoffs.

scanry
07-13-2014, 02:15 AM
The AC game was not rigged... Refs calling anything and everything and fouls that dont even occur is rigging, not to mention most of the NBA knows that game was rigged. Go watch the second half of that game if you can stomach it. We had 3 pointers taken off the board, phantom and 1s, and phantom shooting fouls all over the place, we got mauled repeatedly, bogus charge calls, it had everything, even Durant crying and hugging his mom with 30 seconds left in the game, it was a fucking shitshow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjxFgXse5oo

Once OKC figured it out (Spurs offense), there was no looking back. We had Stephen Jackson playing major minutes. Now think about that for a second before you sound like a bitter Kings/Suns fan.

benstanfield
07-13-2014, 02:29 AM
The Wizards are the only team in the East that stands a puncher's chance of beating the Cavs. Let's go down the list:

The Pacers suck and Bird is a dogshit GM. They will either WAY overpay for Stephenson or lose him and not be able to manage 90 points in the playoffs again. Cavs in 6.

The Bulls don't stand a chance unless Rose is completely recovered and back to his old self (don't hold your breath). Trading Pau for Boozer is at best a marginal improvement. If your only scorers are Butler, Snell, and Pau it won't be enough. Cavs in 5.

lolNets. Cavs in 4.

Raptors won't be serious contenders next year. Lowry and Derozan are losersPERIOD. They couldn't even beat the 2014 Nets. Cavs in 5.

Even if the Bobcats sign Hayward they aren't touching a Lebron team. Lebron's old Cavs teams would beat the Bobcats. Cavs in 5.

Wade will probably be injured, Deng is overrated, and Bosh is basically Channing Frye at this point. Cavs in 6.

In all likelihood the East will be weak enough that LBJ will be competing for a 'ship in June again next year. All this "we aren't ready" talk is just setting the bar low so he won't be criticized, per par.

Nathan89
07-13-2014, 02:36 AM
Bulls will be the biggest threat to the Cavs even if all they have a pg is Kirk Hinrich. If Rose is healthy they'll be the best team in the East. I don't think the Pacers, Wizards, or Raptors beat the Cavs or Bulls.

TampaDude
07-13-2014, 06:11 AM
Bulls will be the biggest threat to the Cavs even if all they have a pg is Kirk Hinrich. If Rose is healthy they'll be the best team in the East. I don't think the Pacers, Wizards, or Raptors beat the Cavs or Bulls.

...and the winner of the ECF will have the right to get smashed in the Finals by the Spurs or Thunder. :lol

Jenks
07-13-2014, 08:42 AM
I'll take that bet.

Clipper Nation
07-13-2014, 08:54 AM
You'all should trade CP3 for Dragic man. Now that's a cold blooded mofcker. Enrique will actually sh!t his pants if he sees Dragic in the playoffs.

I'd do that trade in an instant, but unfortunately, we invested $107 million and a ton of marketing into that loser Choke Paul, so we're stuck with him....

baseline bum
07-13-2014, 08:58 AM

Those teams are all shit. Cleveland's competition in the East is Miami if Wade can have a strong bounce-back year. I'm not giving Rose the benefit of the doubt when he sat out the last two seasons, Wall is for some reason ridiculously overrated after a garbage playoffs, and Indiana can't score.

Mugen
07-13-2014, 09:09 AM
Yeah, the East is wide open next year tbh. I really wouldn't be surprised if any of CLE, WAS, CHI, or Indy wins the ECF. If the Cavs get Love then they're clearly a tier above the rest.

RsxPiimp
07-13-2014, 09:20 AM
The overrating of the Pacers and Wizards continues:lmao

Pacers peaked in 2013, with Hibbert possibly returning even worse this year and Lance is on his way out. No one should put them above Chicago and Miami.

Ariza's lost was huge for the Wizards. And even if Pierce gives them a solid season which is doubtful at this point, you can't rely on Wall to carry this franchise.

Cavs are certainly guaranteed an ECF berth with Chicago being the only team standing in their way.

DMC
07-13-2014, 09:45 AM
didn't irving make public statements encouraging lebron to come?

Yes, and Kobe met with him. We both know Kobe won't share the ball or take a back seat.

DMC
07-13-2014, 09:46 AM
The overrating of the Pacers and Wizards continues:lmao

Pacers peaked in 2013, with Hibbert possibly returning even worse this year and Lance is on his way out. No one should put them above Chicago and Miami.

Ariza's lost was huge for the Wizards. And even if Pierce gives them a solid season which is doubtful at this point, you can't rely on Wall to carry this franchise.

Cavs are certainly guaranteed an ECF berth with Chicago being the only team standing in their way.

Pacers made the ECF in two consecutive years. They aren't juggernauts, but they play well enough together to beat most Eastern teams.

DMC
07-13-2014, 09:48 AM
Those teams are all shit. Cleveland's competition in the East is Miami if Wade can have a strong bounce-back year. I'm not giving Rose the benefit of the doubt when he sat out the last two seasons, Wall is for some reason ridiculously overrated after a garbage playoffs, and Indiana can't score.

Do you think Phil Jackson is kicking himself right now for signing with NY when he could have bandwagon signed to coach the Cavs?

baseline bum
07-13-2014, 10:05 AM
Do you think Phil Jackson is kicking himself right now for signing with NY when he could have bandwagon signed to coach the Cavs?

Doubt it since Dolan is paying him $12 million a year.

BlackSwordsMan
07-13-2014, 10:09 AM
So why does lebron ask for the max if he makes 450 million a year?

moisaenz
07-13-2014, 10:21 AM

That way other players don't think they are the leaders on the court

DMC
07-13-2014, 10:22 AM
Doubt it since Dolan is paying him $12 million a year.

But he could see that "1st championship for the city" thing as a nail in the "GOAT coach" coffin. They couldn't win until Phil came aboard... you know.

BlackSwordsMan
That way other players don't think they are the leaders on the court

this is like one piece the one with the higher bounty is usually the captain you know?

DMC

That's why he makes that much. If he settled for less, he'd make less. No one wants to give money away.

RsxPiimp
07-13-2014, 10:23 AM
Pacers made the ECF in two consecutive years. They aren't juggernauts, but they play well enough together to beat most Eastern teams.

They're going to have take a break this year until they make some key changes particularly a ball handler and a back up big. They have been absolutely horrible in the second half of the year and like Miami, took advantage of a weak competition. There's no reason they'll suddenly improve after that mid season implosion. It comes to a point where you start questioning if Hibbert and George can sustain what the Pacers need.

Dragic will address one of their biggest issue, but if they acquire him through a S&T for Lance, are they're really that better if their depth is still a huge question mark? Highly doubtful.

IMO Chicago and Cavs will be the two best teams in Postseason (EC). Rose returning to form with Gasol replacing Boozer and Cavs, obviously with Lebron are tremendous game changers.

BlackSwordsMan
07-13-2014, 10:25 AM
That's why he makes that much. If he settled for less, he'd make less. No one wants to give money away.
I mean still if hes making 450 from sponsors and he wants to supposedly build a better team what's 10 million less to him?

DMC
07-13-2014, 10:28 AM
Take a break? No. There are no breaks for teams on the cusp in their respective conferences. Pacers have to make Roy Hibbert the go to man in the paint, pass or fail. Otherwise he's just a tall guy out there with a ton of potential and zero confidence. They don't need that. They'd be better off with Dejuan Blair, at least he rebounds and can make a layup.

DMC
07-13-2014, 10:31 AM
I mean still if hes making 450 from sponsors and he wants to supposedly build a better team what's 10 million less to him?

You're bullshitting of course, 450 is his total earnings since being in the league. He makes about 70m a year combined. He should be a max contract player seeing how the franchise will make hundreds of millions from him. Hell they've probably already made a profit on him and he's not played a game there yet.

moisaenz
07-13-2014, 11:05 AM
Nah I actually think those four years were LeBron's hiatus

moisaenz
07-13-2014, 11:09 AM

Look at Kobe.. Lol

RsxPiimp
07-13-2014, 11:13 AM
That cusp was broken. They threw a golden opportunity with HCA. They are not better this year both in paper (so far), chemistry and none of their star players screams "Catalyst". Hibbert's All Star form was a charade, his claim to fame was dominating a small Miami frontline, otherwise he's been vastly overrated and disappointing. Nene and Gortat ran circles on this fool, take that as an example. Also, you can't fix a player with emotional insecurities.

I like George, but the Pacers have lofty expectations. Defensively he delivers but when they're running dry, George cannot guarantee an offensive run to put them over the hump. His biggest game against the Heat were in garbage time.

I've seen them grow and it has been stunt for the meantime. Until they make moves, I honestly can't trust a team whose biggest intangible strength was "chemistry".

Thread
07-13-2014, 11:18 AM
Nah I actually think those four years were LeBron's hiatus

Bend over, moist. I show you a fuckin' hiatus.

BanditHiro
07-13-2014, 11:41 AM
unless LeBron simply doesn't try the Cavs are probably going to win the East, that is how pathetic the East is right now so i there will be no vacation for the King.

Thread
07-13-2014, 12:02 PM
unless LeBron simply doesn't try the Cavs are probably going to win the East, that is how pathetic the East is right now so i there will be no vacation for the King.

I hope it's an utter disaster for James. I want to see that fuck Silver & Media scramble & squirm, watch 'em conspire & lie.

Spurs 4 The Win
07-13-2014, 12:03 PM
Once OKC figured it out (Spurs offense), there was no looking back. We had Stephen Jackson playing major minutes. Now think about that for a second before you sound like a bitter Kings/Suns fan.

They figured out our offense so well that we were up almost 20 at halftime in their place? That it was only a 1 point game with 5 minutes to play, even with the refs giving them everything? GTFO. We win that game, where they had over 10 points in phantom fouls gifted and we had 6 points taken off, more than making up the margin. And if we win game 6, we win game 7 in SA and play in the Finals.

Dont hate on Jackson, he dominated in that game

Trill Clinton
07-13-2014, 12:10 PM
so many struggle posts itt

moisaenz
07-13-2014, 02:17 PM
Bend over, moist. I show you a fuckin' hiatus.

Hahaha faggot

vander
07-13-2014, 02:24 PM
all these young guys on Cleveland will just keep getting better and better around him, there won't be a better place for him to go to in 2 years.

Thread
07-13-2014, 02:36 PM
all these young guys on Cleveland will just keep getting better and better around him, there won't be a better place for him to go to in 2 years.

It's one thing to primp & preen in the first 82. Them booty holes be gettin' tight, real tight thereafter. Then we'll see. It was not too along ago that Bosh & Allen pulled his fat outta the fire and enabled his return to Cleveland upright instead of across a saddle.

I don't want to hear any bullshit about youth, and patience and margins and allowances. He'll ring in 11 months or, he'll answer here.

Let us proceed...

Infinite_limit
07-13-2014, 02:57 PM
Young guys bust.

Clipper Nation
07-13-2014, 03:03 PM
It was not too along ago that Bosh & Allen pulled his fat outta the fire
Though Bosh & Allen are irrelevant had James not lodged this beaut:::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFl8KUq3By0

spurraider21
07-13-2014, 03:29 PM
Though Bosh & Allen are irrelevant had James not lodged this beaut:::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFl8KUq3By0
Thank god Wade bailed him out by preventing a spurs rebound

Thread
07-13-2014, 03:33 PM

Bosh came in and saved the day with that rebound. Aided by Pop's strategy to flood the paint---up 3.:rolleyes

Clipper Nation
07-13-2014, 03:34 PM

Thank god Kang bailed Wade's chucking, spacing-ruining ass out by hitting that three....

Thread
07-13-2014, 03:38 PM
Thank god Kang bailed Wade's chucking, spacing-ruining ass out by hitting that three....

Thank God dj took your ass to the woodshed.

Sean Cagney
07-14-2014, 01:40 AM

The Pacers fell apart the second half of the year man, not just one series. The Pacers are not fine, they had some serious problems there and it was locker room and some gave up. That is the truth. The 012 Spurs had none of that, they just lost 4 in a row and the Refs helped a little in one game not to be mentioned.

Thebesteva
07-14-2014, 01:54 AM

When Phil came to the Lakers, the first thing he announced at his press conference is that 'this teams not ready to win it all' and he went on to win the next 3. Its a slick move tbh, it lowers expectations

DMC
07-14-2014, 07:33 PM
When Phil came to the Lakers, the first thing he announced at his press conference is that 'this teams not ready to win it all' and he went on to win the next 3. Its a slick move tbh, it lowers expectations

As if Phil would ever coach a team that wasn't already built to win it all.

spurraider21
07-14-2014, 07:34 PM
As if Phil would ever coach a team that wasn't already built to win it all.
when Phil re-joined in the summer of 05 they weren't built to win it all

DMC
07-14-2014, 08:13 PM
when Phil re-joined in the summer of 05 they weren't built to win it all

^Philo

spurraider21
07-14-2014, 08:23 PM
^Philo
am i wrong?

DMC
07-14-2014, 08:26 PM
am i wrong?

Technicality. He was already the coach there, he just returned knowing what was going to occur. It's not magic.

spurraider21
07-14-2014, 08:46 PM
Technicality. He was already the coach there, he just returned knowing what was going to occur. It's not magic.
he knew they would acquire an all star big man for free 2.5 years later? damn

DMC
07-14-2014, 09:04 PM
he knew they would acquire an all star big man for free 2.5 years later? damn

Where was Jerry West? Oh that's right... He was the GM of the Grizzlies. Surely you're not that dense.

spurraider21
07-14-2014, 09:14 PM
Where was Jerry West? Oh that's right... He was the GM of the Grizzlies. Surely you're not that dense.
and they waited for 2 full seasons + another half until bynum got hurt to pull off the heist. diabolitcal

RsxPiimp
07-14-2014, 09:47 PM
Vegas has the Cavs winning it all. I know they have potential but seriously?:lol

DMC
07-14-2014, 10:10 PM
and they waited for 2 full seasons + another half until bynum got hurt to pull off the heist. diabolitcal

Wow 2 full seasons.. really? That's an eternity. How long did Phil sign on for? When did West retire?

spurraider21
07-14-2014, 10:42 PM
Wow 2 full seasons.. really? That's an eternity. How long did Phil sign on for? When did West retire?
:lol are you seriously implying that Phil only took the Lakers gig in June of 2005 because he had a wink and nod agreement with Jerry West to send over Pau Gasol in February 2008?

DMC
07-15-2014, 05:39 AM
:lol are you seriously implying that Phil only took the Lakers gig in June of 2005 because he had a wink and nod agreement with Jerry West to send over Pau Gasol in February 2008?

No, it was a total coincidence that he returned and the Lakers got a franchise big for peanuts from a team run by Jerry West.

Clipper Nation
07-15-2014, 07:03 AM

^Philo

Calispursfan11
07-15-2014, 09:18 AM

When did he admit they won't be contenders? I would think they would at least make the playoffs with Kyrie and himself.

DMC
07-15-2014, 06:38 PM
When did he admit they won't be contenders? I would think they would at least make the playoffs with Kyrie and himself.

Do you understand what a contender is?

Venti Quattro
11-22-2014, 09:32 PM
:lol DMC throwing it down

DMC
11-23-2014, 01:54 AM
"When I crack it trickles down to these guys" -Lebron

When you put yourself on a pedestal, the rest of the team (that was there before you arrived) are not going to build chemistry with you. Could you imagine Duncan saying something condescending like that about his team? What makes it worse is that Lebron didn't even know he was being condescending because he feels he actually is above them, in talent, in stature, in everything. He's probably right, but you cannot build team chemistry by coming in and acting like a douchebag and perhaps someone should suggest he hire a life coach to teach him how to not forget he was a poor little negro kid just like the others, and once you're rich you're rich, and that his legacy would look better if he could actually set his ego aside for a moment and mentor the teammates without pretending to be some basketball grandmaster. He should admit he needed 3 franchise faces and Ray Allen's shot to barely beat a group of foreigners with an autistic kid as their best player, and then quit when it didn't work out the 2nd time around.

I never knew the prodigal son was a self absorbed prick, I guess I'll need to re-read that chapter.

Thread
11-23-2014, 07:32 AM
"When I crack it trickles down to these guys" -Lebron

When you put yourself on a pedestal, the rest of the team (that was there before you arrived) are not going to build chemistry with you. Could you imagine Duncan saying something condescending like that about his team?

Hell, D, I couldn't imagine Duncan lettin' a white woman get the drop on him.

DMC
11-23-2014, 12:11 PM
Hell, D, I couldn't imagine Duncan lettin' a white woman get the drop on him.

Katelyn says hi.

Bynumite
11-23-2014, 12:13 PM
This thread should be renamed Lebeta's 2 year hiatus from steroid use tbh.