PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: 2 year window left with Dwight

RsxPiimp
07-13-2014, 01:37 PM
Or Dwight may bolt. Interesting, since Howard has an opt out option after his third year, same year Lebron's contract ends with the Cavs (Correct me If I'm wrong).

Makes you wonder how important this decision is (match Dallas' offer sheet) at this point as it basically puts them in a severely tight situation to improve. That's 4 max deals, assuming Houston matches.

The ball is on Morey's court. This move by Cuban and the botched Bosh acquisition IMO has really hurt the Rockets championship aspiration.

Double-Up
07-13-2014, 01:38 PM
^ Captain Obvious here..

RsxPiimp
07-13-2014, 01:41 PM
If you're a Rocket fan sure, but most people aren't even aware Dwight could basically walk in 2 years.

Daniel Sedin
07-13-2014, 01:43 PM
How much longer does Dwight have in his prime? He's starting to turn into the Shaq from LA (albeit a poor version). Seems like his best days (Orlando) are behind him.

Henrik Sedin
07-13-2014, 01:45 PM
How much longer does Dwight have in his prime? He's starting to turn into the Shaq from LA (albeit a poor version). Seems like his best days (Orlando) are behind him.

To be fair, you cannot judge the two because he was Orlando's number one option. The only two players that were worth a fuck were Dwight and Nelson.. Turk and Lewis were good too.. but known as playoff chokers and fulfilling that shows they were nothing more than role players at their best..

StrengthAndHonor
07-13-2014, 01:49 PM
This offseason has been crazy. Lebron's decision definitely changed the leagues forecast. Who would've thought the Cavs has a better shot at winning the title in 3 years than the Rockets a year from ago?

I wasn't aware Dwight could bolt in 2 years though. I remember him signing a 4 year deal. Considering how disappointing the Rockets season was last year and Morey's failure to acquire a key FA, I will not be surprised if Dwight leaves and gives us Dwightmare II.

StrengthAndHonor
07-13-2014, 01:52 PM

He was a beast in the postseason. I think he has 2 more years, if healthy. He still relies in athleticism and does not appear to be getting better despite working out with Olajuwon in the off-season.

Thread
07-13-2014, 02:00 PM
If you're a Rocket fan sure, but most people aren't even aware Dwight could basically walk in 2 years.

Howard doesn't walk, he skulks.

Thread
07-13-2014, 02:02 PM
He was a beast in the postseason.

Sure, once he was down 0-2 & on a plane. Try that 0-0.

Killakobe81
07-13-2014, 02:02 PM
He was a beast in the postseason. I think he has 2 more years, if healthy. He still relies in athleticism and does not appear to be getting better despite working out with Olajuwon in the off-season.

this. He was very good in the playoffs.

StrengthAndHonor
07-13-2014, 02:04 PM
But it is worth noting though, that if Houston does match Parsons, Cuban appears to be the biggest loser. They lost Dalambert, Carter (got an oft injured TC and Fat Felton) and missed out on other notable free agents for cheap (Ariza, Deng) while waiting for Houston to match Parsons. If you're Dirk, you're probably thinking how awful this move is considering you just took a pay cut.

This will probably blow up in Cuban's face, and I don't claim to know how Morey handles his business but it looks like he will most certainly match Dallas' offer just so he can claim victory over Cuban.

moisaenz
07-13-2014, 02:10 PM
What window? Oh the window to win a playoff series

Thread
07-13-2014, 02:10 PM
If you're Dirk, you're probably thinking how awful this move is considering you just took a pay cut.

But, you keep your mouth shut, because if you didn't inter seed when he categorically refused to defend your title this is certainly no time to act like somebody.

Bill_Brasky
07-13-2014, 02:38 PM
Im curious as to OP's thoughts on the mavs not resigning chandler and whether or not it was a good idea for josh gordon to drive drunk.