PDA

View Full Version : JaMyChal Green > Austin Daye, I'd rather he be on the roster

$pursDynasty
07-13-2014, 05:12 PM
I know a couple of Summer league games isn't a great predictor on NBA success, but from what I have seen I think JaMychal Green would be a better fit on the roster than Austin Daye. JG has been on the Toro's and our D League team for a few years and I like his game. I remember Daye going off for a couple of games offensively last year but he doesn't seem to offer much on defense. Green has some polish on the offensive end but better but offers much more on the boards and better yet defensively and as a shot blocker, a skill the Spurs could use more of. Green has grit which the Spurs could use Daye seems soft and if his shot isn't falling then like Belli, he is worse than useless, he is a detriment. I know we are talking the end of the bench but if I had my choice I'd rather have a defensive shot blocking big instead of another finesse outside shooter.

ChumpDumper
07-13-2014, 05:15 PM
Was pretty inconsistent on the Toros. I'm fine with his being back in camp. No need to waive anyone at this point.

TXstbobcat
07-13-2014, 05:21 PM
Daye has looked like garbage so far in sunner league.

DJR210
07-13-2014, 05:26 PM
Daye has looked like garbage period, minus the couple of minutes last year when he made a few threes.

littlecoyotecoin
07-13-2014, 05:36 PM
I know a couple of Summer league games isn't a great predictor on NBA success, but from what I have seen I think JaMychal Green would be a better fit on the roster than Austin Daye. JG has been on the Toro's and our D League team for a few years and I like his game. I remember Daye going off for a couple of games offensively last year but he doesn't seem to offer much on defense. Green has some polish on the offensive end but better but offers much more on the boards and better yet defensively and as a shot blocker, a skill the Spurs could use more of. Green has grit which the Spurs could use Daye seems soft and if his shot isn't falling then like Belli, he is worse than useless, he is a detriment. I know we are talking the end of the bench but if I had my choice I'd rather have a defensive shot blocking big instead of another finesse outside shooter.

His defense in the first game was not bad. He was altering shots, getting deflections, 9 rebounds, etc. Had a good all-around game, enough to keep him on the floor if he is knocking down shots. The caveat is: he isn't knocking down shots. The only good thing going for him is that I am sure that Pop and the FO are not going to make their decision based upon these two summer league games. If they did, the decision would be obvious, and in line with the ST summary.

xmas1997
07-13-2014, 05:39 PM
Training camp make the difference.