PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: Why do Americans think Monkeyball works in Soccer?

JohnnyMax
07-13-2014, 07:31 PM
Check out this article saying if our best athletes played soccer, we would win every World Cup.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/dream-team-if-americas-best-athletes-played-soccer-wed-win-e

Pelicans78
07-13-2014, 07:38 PM
It's not about the athletes. It's about the skills and technical abilities which aren't developed in this country compared to the rest of the overseas powers. Heck basketball isn't as developed in this country as it should be.

Clipper Nation
07-13-2014, 07:43 PM
If we actually cared about soccer, the rest of the world would be f:lolcked, but luckily for the liberal shitholes and third-world countries that win in the World Cup, we focus our energy towards actual sports instead....

Pelicans78
07-13-2014, 07:45 PM
If we actually cared about soccer, the rest of the world would be f:lolcked, but luckily for the liberal shitholes and third-world countries that win in the World Cup, we focus our energy towards actual sports instead....

Thats the truth. We don't care enough to develop soccer players compared to our main sports.

DMX7
07-13-2014, 07:56 PM

Truth...

Women's soccer is somewhat popular among women and we have the best women's soccer program in the world.... same would be true if men cared about men's soccer.

mystargtr34
07-13-2014, 07:58 PM

:lol i'm born and raised in Australia but both my parents are European so soccer was one of the main sports i played as a kid and still follow it today.. but thank god i developed a bigger interest in basketball and australian football :lol.

Soccer is like wrestling.. the older you get the more you realise what a bitch made sport it is with grown men diving and rolling around over every inch of the field.. pulling each other's hair, biting, slapping etc. It really is a sport for 3rd world countries tbh.

'Merica will never fully embrace soccer for the same reason Australia never will.. because of grown man sports like football and to a lesser extent basketball being available.

mystargtr34
07-13-2014, 08:01 PM
I still follow soccer though fwiw.

Bynumite
07-13-2014, 08:05 PM
Pele was scrawny dude and Maradona was a chubby little midget... those are your top 2 best football players of all time.

If you have an offensive role, football is about natural born talent more than anything else, a brief moment of brilliance can decide a game. Sure you can work on stuff like positioning, awareness, stamina etc. but you still need gifted players on your team.

Pumping yourself full of roids won't help you that much, HGH midget being an exception :lol

jeebus
07-13-2014, 08:41 PM
I watched the soccer game today for about 15 mins. First soccer game I've seen since the 90s. I think half the time was spent on "injuries" with players rolling around and rubbing their hurt owies. I turned that gay shit off.

DMC
07-14-2014, 12:09 AM
Soccer is a baby sitting tool tbh.

Floyd Pacquiao
07-14-2014, 12:14 AM
Imagine if the likes of LeBron and Kawhi grew up playing soccer with good coaching? The US would dominate, tbh.

Thebesteva
07-14-2014, 12:28 AM
:lol At the butthurt over not being dominant in international soccer. I'm a proud American, but anyone who has actually traveled to various parts of the world should know the only sport people play is Futbol. No one gives a shit about anything else tbh.

Personally, I love football and basketball as well as boxing but Im not going to sit there and deny the importance of soccer.

JohnnyMax
07-14-2014, 12:37 AM
What I was trying to hint at is Whites are better at soccer than Blacks.

Cry Havoc
07-14-2014, 12:43 AM
:lol At the butthurt over not being dominant in international soccer. I'm a proud American, but anyone who has actually traveled to various parts of the world should know the only sport people play is Futbol. No one gives a shit about anything else tbh.

Personally, I love football and basketball as well as boxing but Im not going to sit there and deny the importance of soccer.

Thebesteva
07-14-2014, 01:41 AM

Give black people a chance - 2pac

Infinite_limit
07-14-2014, 02:26 AM
Check out this article saying if our best athletes played soccer, we would win every World Cup.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/dream-team-if-americas-best-athletes-played-soccer-wed-win-e
Because Americans watch sports with low skill requirements: Football & Basketball

Infinite_limit
07-14-2014, 02:28 AM
Imagine if the likes of LeBron and Kawhi grew up playing soccer with good coaching? The US would dominate, tbh.
Imagine if the likes of Hummels and Mertesacker grew up playing basketball with good coaching? The Germans would dominate, tbh.

Huey Freeman
07-14-2014, 02:40 AM
Imagine if the likes of Hummels and Mertesacker grew up playing basketball with good coaching? The Germans would dominate, tbh.

BULLSHIT Infinite, and you know it

smaka
07-14-2014, 02:51 AM
:lol Americans thinking they could be good at soccer

Huey Freeman
07-14-2014, 02:57 AM
:lol Americans thinking they could be good at soccer

If Americans gave two shits about the sport, I'm sure we could at least compete with the best of them. Problem is we may never know so.....whatever

rogues
07-14-2014, 03:03 AM

/thread

Infinite_limit
07-14-2014, 03:21 AM
If Americans gave two shits about the sport, I'm sure we could at least compete with the best of them. Problem is we may never know so.....whatever
USA does technically compete. But only 8 Nations have ever won & only 6 since the 60's.

Soccer is many times a reflection of the culture. USA is for the most part a big dumb brute. That doesn't reflect well in this sport.

Huey Freeman
07-14-2014, 03:30 AM
USA does technically compete. But only 8 Nations have ever won & only 6 since the 60's.

Soccer is many times a reflection of the culture. USA is for the most part a big dumb brute. That doesn't reflect well in this sport.

When you say the US is a big dump brute, I assume you speak American's taste in sports (could be wrong). In a previous post you suggested that it took more skill to play soccer then it does to play basketball or football. Explain that for me.

MI21
07-14-2014, 03:41 AM
Soccer is quite fun to play, it's absolute fucking shit to watch these professionals faggots roll around being faggots.

testies
07-14-2014, 05:22 AM
That article is so retarded. You know how rare it is for an athlete above 6'3 to make it in soccer (except goalie position)? The guy puts LeBron, Westbrick and Calvin Johnson in the team haha

The guys that do good in soccer have low center of gravity, think of someone like Ray Rice

testies
07-14-2014, 05:23 AM
America cares about baseball and tennis, but never wins at them..

America is actually a fucking huge failure for their population at sports.. Per capta they suck

Pelicans78
07-14-2014, 06:23 AM
America cares about baseball and tennis, but never wins at them..

America is actually a fucking huge failure for their population at sports.. Per capta they suck

Not true. Their best players don't participate in that World Baseball Classic, especially right before Spring Training. Honestly, most Americans don't give a crap about that tournament.

dfens
07-14-2014, 07:11 AM
so let's bring some clarity into this thing.

America not interested:
America isn't interested in soccer as in basketball but the usa-belgium 1/8 of a finals had better tv ratings than the fucking nba finals (per ESPN nonetheless http://www.espnfc.com/united-states/story/1929447/us-soccer-tv-ratings-top-nba-finals-average ). Even after usa got knocked out the WC still had excellent TV ratings..... Another read for the skeptics http://www2.thepostgame.com/blog/daily-take/201406/us-soccer-way-bigger-you-think-youth-mls-world-cup. About 20% of the super bowl ratings. Damn son, it seems usa is quite into soccer tbh.

Why monkeyball don't work
What americans don't understand is that soccer is a game of tactics. What may look like a game decided by moments of genius with tons of flopping, is just two tactical systems trying to control the space on the field (one side might attack with all the team, the other will defend to leave more space upfront for attackers, etc). Those genius moments 99% come from tactical preparation and nerves of steel (the WC final was between two equally good sides, the germans won because they maintained their composure better than the argies) ... so size and athelticism aren't that important.... in the WC finals there was only 1 black dude out of 46 players (full rosters).
The reason behind the same teams always being deep in the WC/Euros is that tactics+skill >>>> everything else.

A sport for flopping girls
Sure you get idiots (Mueller :lol) that flop like hell but doesn't manu play for the spurs? wade 2006? dubeta? thunder as a whole? kevin martin? harden? griffin? cp3? countless other examples. I think that in basketball the stars are even more fed by the refs than in soccer tbh.

Why HGH roids don't work
Lebron with all the training in the world won't have messi/suarez/etc ability to do multiple direction shifts with the ball .. his legs are simply too long. In football close control is more important than being a beast.
Also since tactics+skill >>>> everything else monkeyball super athletic teams (africans, usa's ideal game) almost always are easy prey for a big team.
Finally, americans lack the patience to win in the soccer game.

Imo there is no need to be ashamed, the country is well past being introduced to the game but it still doesn't understand the subtleties that differentiate the better teams from the rest of the crop.

dfens
07-14-2014, 07:15 AM
BULLSHIT Infinite, and you know it

actually the germans and the dutch could be pretty good since their height averages are huge (6'1' in netherlands and northern germany) while having sufficient population and gene variety (alot of immigrants). It's not unthinkable tbh. Idiots waste it on volleyball :lol

07-14-2014, 08:09 AM

:lol

Daniel Sedin
07-14-2014, 09:54 AM
so let's bring some clarity into this thing.

America not interested:
America isn't interested in soccer as in basketball but the usa-belgium 1/8 of a finals had better tv ratings than the fucking nba finals (per ESPN nonetheless http://www.espnfc.com/united-states/story/1929447/us-soccer-tv-ratings-top-nba-finals-average ). Even after usa got knocked out the WC still had excellent TV ratings..... Another read for the skeptics http://www2.thepostgame.com/blog/daily-take/201406/us-soccer-way-bigger-you-think-youth-mls-world-cup. About 20% of the super bowl ratings. Damn son, it seems usa is quite into soccer tbh.

Why monkeyball don't work
What americans don't understand is that soccer is a game of tactics. What may look like a game decided by moments of genius with tons of flopping, is just two tactical systems trying to control the space on the field (one side might attack with all the team, the other will defend to leave more space upfront for attackers, etc). Those genius moments 99% come from tactical preparation and nerves of steel (the WC final was between two equally good sides, the germans won because they maintained their composure better than the argies) ... so size and athelticism aren't that important.... in the WC finals there was only 1 black dude out of 46 players (full rosters).
The reason behind the same teams always being deep in the WC/Euros is that tactics+skill >>>> everything else.

A sport for flopping girls
Sure you get idiots (Mueller :lol) that flop like hell but doesn't manu play for the spurs? wade 2006? dubeta? thunder as a whole? kevin martin? harden? griffin? cp3? countless other examples. I think that in basketball the stars are even more fed by the refs than in soccer tbh.

Why HGH roids don't work
Lebron with all the training in the world won't have messi/suarez/etc ability to do multiple direction shifts with the ball .. his legs are simply too long. In football close control is more important than being a beast.
Also since tactics+skill >>>> everything else monkeyball super athletic teams (africans, usa's ideal game) almost always are easy prey for a big team.
Finally, americans lack the patience to win in the soccer game.

Imo there is no need to be ashamed, the country is well past being introduced to the game but it still doesn't understand the subtleties that differentiate the better teams from the rest of the crop.

+10000 what a truth bomb...

You would think Clipper Nation would love football.. considering his hometown country loves football.. whether it is Korea DPR or South Korea I do not know..

Henrik Sedin
07-14-2014, 09:56 AM

You would think Clipper Nation (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=28500) would love football.. considering his hometown country loves football.. whether it is Korea DPR or South Korea I do not know..

:lmao

dfens
07-14-2014, 11:20 AM

You would think Clipper Nation (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=28500) would love football.. considering his hometown country loves football.. whether it is Korea DPR or South Korea I do not know..

tbh, is there any other difference besides weight?

Blizzardwizard
07-14-2014, 11:33 AM
What I don't get is you never see any other country saying "If our athletes trained to player 'American Sport X' all their lives we would dominate". Arrogant American opinion per par :lol

TDMVPDPOY
07-14-2014, 11:59 AM
monkeyball = look at the african teams who display no soccer skillset....they always get exposed

Thread
07-14-2014, 11:59 AM
What I don't get is you never see any other country saying "If our athletes trained to player 'American Sport X' all their lives we would dominate". Arrogant American opinion per par :lol

Because "we're" late, real late and now we can't figure a way in there...while at the same time wanting to rig it to suit us...{change the rules, install instant replay, etc.} Incendiary, isn't it? I don't blame you for being incensed.

spurraider21
07-14-2014, 12:06 PM

interesting usernames. way to pat urself on the back bruh

KL2
07-14-2014, 02:31 PM
I saw enough to see how much a goalie can affect the game, and the US was competitive as well. Put a guy like Westbrook at goalie, a FS, anyone with beast genetics and they can dominate.

KL2
07-14-2014, 02:34 PM

Except I haven't any of these athletes, you've got a few bball players from Europe that have been molded by playing in clubs amongst grown men, and still they don't produce shit compared to these American bball players that are getting their experience on the streets.

KL2
07-14-2014, 02:39 PM
That article is so retarded. You know how rare it is for an athlete above 6'3 to make it in soccer (except goalie position)? The guy puts LeBron, Westbrick and Calvin Johnson in the team haha

The guys that do good in soccer have low center of gravity, think of someone like Ray Rice

These are not your athletes, understand? There are no European versions of Lebron, Westbrook, etc. even in boxing, all Europe produces are stiff robotic athletes, very rare to produce someone like a Manu.

Infinite_limit
07-14-2014, 02:55 PM
I saw enough to see how much a goalie can affect the game, and the US was competitive as well. Put a guy like Westbrook at goalie, a FS, anyone with beast genetics and they can dominate.
:(

Goalie is mostly mental: positioning, knowing when to come out. So you need a brain. This eliminates 90% of the NBA

testies
07-14-2014, 03:00 PM
These are not your athletes, understand? There are no European versions of Lebron, Westbrook, etc. even in boxing, all Europe produces are stiff robotic athletes, very rare to produce someone like a Manu.

Brazil, Africa produce athletic players like USA

Ibaka is arguably NBA's most athletic player, Olajwon was athletic as fk

yet, there still aren't any relevant 6'4, 6'5 african players playing in field positions?

You know why? It doesn't fucking work

Infinite_limit
07-14-2014, 03:01 PM
Ronaldo > Lebron & Westbrook

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac255/kegstermd/legs_zpscd5373d2.jpg

http://110nationsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/While-the-Game-One-loss-by-the-Miami-Heat-could-be-chaulked-up-to-LeBron-James-getting-cramped-up-loses-in-games-three-and-four.jpg

spurraider21
07-14-2014, 03:03 PM
:(

Goalie is mostly mental: positioning, knowing when to come out. So you need a brain. This eliminates 90% of the NBA
:lol a lot of it is just animal instinct too. quick-twitch reflexes. westbrook would be ideal

KL2
07-14-2014, 03:27 PM
Brazil, Africa produce athletic players like USA

Ibaka is arguably NBA's most athletic player, Olajwon was athletic as fk

yet, there still aren't any relevant 6'4, 6'5 african players playing in field positions?

You know why? It doesn't fucking work

Africa is a a fcuking mess, constant wars, poverty, diseases (which can easily be spread both sexually and by insects like mosquitoes), starvation, lack of education, lack of hospitals (GL getting a torn ACL fixed or even a broken bone properly healed over there) etc. the list goes on and on. They've even got a massive language barrier, hundreds of different dialects.

The Spurs' GM, RC Buford, tried introducing bball to Africa after seeing the potential in guys like Olajuwon. He failed miserably, he said a big reason was the language barrier, just couldn't get past it. How can you teach someone when you can't even speak their language?

Infinite_limit
07-14-2014, 03:29 PM
:lol a lot of it is just animal instinct too. quick-twitch reflexes. westbrook would be ideal
You trust Mr.Hero Ball not venturing forward out of Net?

KL2
07-14-2014, 03:31 PM
Soccer is the most popular youth sport in America. Most school's allow you to play team sports when you're around 12, that's when it gets abandoned.

spurraider21
07-14-2014, 04:08 PM
You trust Mr.Hero Ball not venturing forward out of Net?
dude would run out and swat any corner kick tbh :lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-14-2014, 04:30 PM
Because Americans watch sports with low skill requirements: Football & Basketball

Low skill requirement for the fan?

I'd argue basketball requires more skill than soccer. You can play soccer with your arms chopped off. Try doing that in basketball.

Infinite_limit
07-14-2014, 04:43 PM
Low skill requirement for the fan?

I'd argue basketball requires more skill than soccer. You can play soccer with your arms chopped off. Try doing that in basketball.
Basketball has a height requirement. That means you are automatically eliminating 2/3 of the male population on this globe from participating. How talented can the players truly be when it's a small talent pool.

The Top players in Soccer are the finest Males chosen from a talent pool of 3 Billion. They are the definition of Elite

Dick Jones
07-14-2014, 04:43 PM
for the most part comparing US basketball players to soccer players isn't as effective as comparing NFL players. If you took the elite RB's/DB's/other skill position players in the NFL and trained them from childhood to be soccer players, they'd overwhelm every other team on earth with their speed/athleticism. If you had genius stratetists like Lombardi/Walsh/Belichick spending their life studying soccer instead of football, our coaches would be the best in the world as well.

Infinite_limit
07-14-2014, 04:45 PM
for the most part comparing US basketball players to soccer players isn't as effective as comparing NFL players. If you took the elite RB's/DB's/other skill position players in the NFL and trained them from childhood to be soccer players, they'd overwhelm every other team on earth with their speed/athleticism. If you had genius stratetists like Lombardi/Walsh/Belichick spending their life studying soccer instead of football, our coaches would be the best in the world as well.
Usuain Bolt would be the greatest NFL player of All Time huh?

BanditHiro
07-14-2014, 04:52 PM

na he would get injured to easily but he would still be a good talent. Euros has shitty athletes and America has the best athletes and a ton of money to spend on the development of such athletes. If America liked soccer than world would probably pick another sport to be the unofficial sport of the world.

TampaDude
07-14-2014, 04:59 PM
They are the dentition of Elite

They are the teeth of Elite? WHAT? :lol

Infinite_limit
07-14-2014, 05:00 PM
na he would get injured to easily but he would still be a good talent. Euros has shitty athletes and America has the best athletes and a ton of money to spend on the development of such athletes. If America liked soccer than world would probably pick another sport to be the unofficial sport of the world.
American Athletes

http://nbchardballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/prince-fielder-cecil-fielder.jpg

http://worldonline.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/photos/2003/07/30/sptsbrown_t640.jpg

http://www.gwiazdybasketu.pl/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/om.jpg

BanditHiro
07-14-2014, 05:08 PM
American Athletes

http://nbchardballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/prince-fielder-cecil-fielder.jpg

http://worldonline.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/photos/2003/07/30/sptsbrown_t640.jpg

http://www.gwiazdybasketu.pl/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/om.jpg

yep, still more athletic than most of those Euros.

dfens
07-14-2014, 05:24 PM
so let me get this straight, an usa team with kobe/bron/wade/howard/bosh/west/cp3/deron/etc all in their fucking prime barely got by an unathletic soft spanish team in the 2008 Olympics finals with the game being close till deep in the fourth. In a sport where atheltical ability is a PRIME asset, much much greater than in soccer. With some friendly whistles if anybody has already forgotten. Against pau flopping gasol and a baby ricky rubio.

And these monkeys in this thread argue about athleticism. The spurs won with one of the least athletic champ teams of all time and still these faggots here talk about athleticism. The amount of retarded takes in this thread is :lmao:lmao

On a more serious note, I do agree that basketball is a slightly more skillful at individual level sport than soccer but from a tactics and mental standpoint it's the other way around by a wide margin.

Seriously you honkeys and niglets better come out the trailer park and see the world because it's much wider than texas. You'll soon need to learn be@ner anyways so that's a good cultural start, nothing too hard.

I'm done with this thread, another bad take and I might have a stroke while laughing.:lol

Beaverfuzz
07-14-2014, 05:36 PM
This isn't American Football where you can have track stars as WR's. What a stupid fucking article.

midnightpulp
07-14-2014, 05:40 PM
Newcastle is taking his Euro/German love to unheralded cuck levels.

:cry I'm trying to learn German so I can move to Berlin :cry

:lol Stupid Polack.

KL2
07-14-2014, 05:47 PM
so let me get this straight, an usa team with kobe/bron/wade/howard/bosh/west/cp3/deron/etc all in their fucking prime barely got by an unathletic soft spanish team in the 2008 Olympics finals with the game being close till deep in the fourth. In a sport where atheltical ability is a PRIME asset, much much greater than in soccer. With some friendly whistles if anybody has already forgotten.

The only reason those games are even close is due to the rule changes, lack of chemistry, and guys don't really care. These same Euro teams get annihilated during the PRE SEASON against 3rd stringers lmfao.

rogues
07-14-2014, 05:49 PM

:lol He hates American sports because none of his teams have won shit in a verrrrry long time
:lol 49ers
:lol Bulls

Infinite_limit
07-14-2014, 05:50 PM

Greatest city I've ever been to

midnightpulp
07-14-2014, 05:52 PM
:lol He hates American sports because none of his teams have won shit in a verrrrry long time
:lol 49ers
:lol Bulls

It's funny to because he posted like only 5 times in the soccer forum under NewcastleKeg.

I bet he got into the 3rd world lawn game because of a bitch.

Come clean, Keg. Did you meet some ugly German girl and got into soccer because of her?

Infinite_limit
07-14-2014, 05:54 PM
It's funny to because he posted like only 5 times in the soccer forum under NewcastleKeg.

I bet he got into the 3rd world lawn game because of a bitch.

Come clean, Keg. Did you meet some ugly German girl and got into soccer because of her?
I believe I was banned before the 2012 Euros

I'm currently dating a German girl

midnightpulp
07-14-2014, 05:56 PM
I believe I was banned before the 2012 Euros

I'm currently dating a German girl

Naturally. :lol

:cry Come watch the 3rd world lawn game with me, honey :cry

Infinite_limit
07-14-2014, 06:02 PM
Naturally. :lol

:cry Come watch the 3rd world lawn game with me, honey :cry
Hahah. She was working during most the matches. I forced her to watch highlights afterwards

MP, doesn't it sadden you that because of Americans multiculturalism there is no one single event everyone comes together for? No matter the event or occasion, there is always a significant percentage of the American population that doesn't care.

"1:40 AM in Berlin 300,000 of the 500,000 that gathered to watch were still partying". It's the city that truly never sleeps. There aren't Cops on every street corner eye fucking you or worse threatening you to do shit. That is FREEDOM

midnightpulp
07-14-2014, 06:06 PM
Hahah. She was working during most the matches. I forced her to watch highlights afterwards

MP, doesn't it sadden you that because of Americans multiculturalism there is no one single event everyone comes together for? No matter the event or occasion, there is always a significant percentage of the American population that doesn't care.

"1:40 AM in Berlin 300,000 of the 500,000 that gathered to watch were still partying". It's the city that truly never sleeps. There aren't Cops on every street corner eye fucking you or worse threatening you to do shit. That is FREEDOM

That is a BRAINWASHED POPULATION

I like the variety and dynamism of the United States. Most Euro countries are monochromatic blobs of sameness.

But, Europe is trying to turn that around with all the Somalis and Muslims they're importing. Good for them :tu But they'll have a long way to go before they reach the US's cultural landscape.

There's a reason your parents left their European shithole and chose to birth you in the United States.

Infinite_limit
07-14-2014, 06:14 PM

I like the variety and dynamism of the United States. Most Euro countries are monochromatic blobs of sameness.

But, Europe is trying to turn that around with all the Somalis and Muslims they're importing. Good for them :tu But they'll have a long way to go before they reach the US's cultural landscape.

There's a reason your parents left their European shithole and chose to birth you in the United States.
I was born in Poland. We immigrated a couple years before the Fall of the Berlin Wall (otherwise maybe not). We were unable to immigrate to Australia or Canada and now my father daily regrets immigrating and is a couple years away from retiring and returning. Like my sister did 4 years ago. Parents are debating paying off the Home and keeping it for Vacation. There is a reason Whites (from around the World) stopped immigrating to the USA in the 1990's.

I find American population to be apathetic. I'd prefer if people illustrated passion beyond money. It's beneficial to be sameness when you can catch a train and be in a foreign country/culture. For example the USA would be best suited to split up into 3 or so nations.

The Gemini Method
07-14-2014, 06:14 PM
Midnight going Dresden up in this thread. I don't think the majority of U.S. people who jumped into the WC understand the nuances of the game. If you're not a fan of it--that's fine. However, I have to say it has grown on me and I don't know all that much about the history or technical aspects of the game. However, I think it takes more than just brute force and athleticism to be successful or people like Hulk would be the best ballers on the pitch. It may not take off in this country and that's understandable. However, I'll probably keep up with it more than I did prior to the WC.

midnightpulp
07-14-2014, 06:28 PM
I was born in Poland. We immigrated a couple years before the Fall of the Berlin Wall (otherwise maybe not). We were unable to immigrate to Australia or Canada and now my father daily regrets immigrating and is a couple years away from retiring and returning. Like my sister did 4 years ago. Parents are debating paying off the Home and keeping it for Vacation. There is a reason Whites (from around the World) stopped immigrating to the USA in the 1990's.

I find American population to be apathetic. I'd prefer if people illustrated passion beyond money. It's beneficial to be sameness when you can catch a train and be in a foreign country/culture. For example the USA would be best suited to split up into 3 or so nations.

That has more to do with the fall of Communism and the subsequent improvement of the overall European economy than it has to do with white people being afraid of the changing demographics of the United States. And on the latter point, the US is not really significant "less white" than it was in the 1950s. Latinos were once considered white, as they should be, since genetically, that's what they fuckin' are. Special (leftist) interest groups had the bright idea of separating Hispanic and "Whites" into two distinct races for the purposes of political manipulation. If Manu Ginobili or Tiago Splitter were American citizens, they wouldn't be considered "white" in the census. They'd be considered "Hispanic".

And as far as the United States going to ruin, you should know that the murder rate is the lowest it has been since the 60's.

You're just in your mid-20s anti-American, Euro-loving phase.

Clipper Nation
07-14-2014, 06:32 PM
so let me get this straight, an usa team with kobe/bron/wade/howard/bosh/west/cp3/deron/etc all in their fucking prime barely got by an unathletic soft spanish team in the 2008 Olympics finals with the game being close till deep in the fourth. In a sport where atheltical ability is a PRIME asset, much much greater than in soccer. With some friendly whistles if anybody has already forgotten. Against pau flopping gasol and a baby ricky rubio.
MVPau :worthy:

Infinite_limit
07-14-2014, 06:44 PM
That has more to do with the fall of Communism and the subsequent improvement of the overall European economy than it has to do with white people being afraid of the changing demographics of the United States. And on the latter point, the US is not really significant "less white" than it was in the 1950s. Latinos were once considered white, as they should be, since genetically, that's what they fuckin' are. Special (leftist) interest groups had the bright idea of separating Hispanic and "Whites" into two distinct races for the purposes of political manipulation. If Manu Ginobili or Tiago Splitter were American citizens, they wouldn't be considered "white" in the census. They'd be considered "Hispanic".

And as far as the United States going to ruin, you should know that the murder rate is the lowest it has been since the 60's.

You're just in your mid-20s anti-American, Euro-loving phase.
I'm 30. In my mid-20s I was Pro-American and saw myself spending the rest of my life in the USA

I didn't mean demographics were why Whites stopped immigrating. It is known that USA is more mixed but Europeans view that as both good & bad. Yes murder rate is lower but that was a byproduct of the explosion in Prison incarcerations. Are the streets safer today than in the 90's or early 2000's? Probably about the same

I think White immigration stopped because of the creation of the Euro Union and the USA living standards are declining. If I were wealthy or non-White, I would choose to live in the USA. If you are middle-class White, I believe it's wiser to live in Europe.

midnightpulp
07-14-2014, 07:03 PM
I'm 30. In my mid-20s I was Pro-American and saw myself spending the rest of my life in the USA

I didn't mean demographics were why Whites stopped immigrating. It is known that USA is more mixed but Europeans view that as both good & bad. Yes murder rate is lower but that was a byproduct of the explosion in Prison incarcerations. Are the streets safer today than in the 90's or early 2000's? Probably about the same

I think White immigration stopped because of the creation of the Euro Union and the USA living standards are declining. If I were wealthy or non-White, I would choose to live in the USA. If you are middle-class White, I believe it's wiser to live in Europe.

Our HDI is the 3rd highest in the world. Housing is more affordable because real estate isn't such a prime commodity due to the country's size. And our Purchasing Power Parity (which adjust for cost of living) is higher than every European country aside from Norway and Luxembourg.

If you want to live in Europe for a new experience and all that, that's cool. But I don't think middle-class whites are any financially and socially better off in Europe than they are here (that also depends on the city/state you live in).

HI-FI
07-14-2014, 07:06 PM
why is everyone on ST an expert on WW2 and economics?

UZER
07-14-2014, 07:08 PM
Ronaldo > Lebron & Westbrook

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac255/kegstermd/legs_zpscd5373d2.jpg

Bullshit....LeBron has two legs.

midnightpulp
07-14-2014, 07:12 PM
why is everyone on ST an expert on WW2 and economics?

That's everyone on the Internet :lol

dfens
07-14-2014, 07:12 PM
The only reason those games are even close is due to the rule changes, lack of chemistry, and guys don't really care. These same Euro teams get annihilated during the PRE SEASON against 3rd stringers lmfao.

Lack of chemistry
Say again??!?
we're talking about the same team that won the qualifying cup in 2007 a year earlier in las vegas. The same team that was planned after the 2006 debacle. The same team that had 1 month of pre Olympics training. We ain't talkin about the 2004/2006 team here, we are talking about a team that was constructed for 2008 and trained many times for it in the previous years plus a full training camp....... so, bullshit.

rule changes
they favor the bigs and the shooters. A team with dwight/bosh/kobe/melo should thrive.
Also, the team was constructed over a long period (2 years) and the players oftenly met and trained under FIBA rules. They even declared they were familiar with the FIBA rules and that they practiced alot. Coach K really emphasised this...... again bullshit.

Guys not caring
Look at the finals. Does it look to you like guys were not caring? Is it a secret that the cavs jumped from 45 wins to 60 in 2009 after lebron declared he understood the importance of defence after the 2008 Olympics. So unmotivated that kobe bryant came after an extremely long season when he was 30+. This on a team with crazy hype where no mistakes were permitted. Cmon son,............... bullshit.

You are hopefully trolling or borderline retarded. Equally probable on ST, I gave you the benefit of doubt.

dfens
07-14-2014, 07:15 PM
Our HDI is the 3rd highest in the world. Housing is more affordable because real estate isn't such a prime commodity due to the country's size. And our Purchasing Power Parity (which adjust for cost of living) is higher than every European country aside from Norway and Luxembourg.

If you want to live in Europe for a new experience and all that, that's cool. But I don't think middle-class whites are any financially and socially better off in Europe than they are here (that also depends on the city/state you live in).

median & mean. A huge difference. One is much more telling than the other but the other is much more used. I wonder why ?

Daniel Sedin
07-14-2014, 07:15 PM
interesting usernames. way to pat urself on the back bruh

What's it to ye wanker?

Not even 20 posts in and ye already assuming.

Daniel Sedin
07-14-2014, 07:16 PM
Lack of chemistry
Say again??!?
we're talking about the same team that won the qualifying cup in 2007 a year earlier in las vegas. The same team that was planned after the 2006 debacle. The same team that had 1 month of pre Olympics training. We ain't talkin about the 2004/2006 team here, we are talking about a team that was constructed for 2008 and trained many times for it in the previous years plus a full training camp....... so, bullshit.

rule changes
they favor the bigs and the shooters. A team with dwight/bosh/kobe/melo should thrive.
Also, the team was constructed over a long period (2 years) and the players oftenly met and trained under FIBA rules. They even declared they were familiar with the FIBA rules and that they practiced alot. Coach K really emphasised this...... again bullshit.

Guys not caring
Look at the finals. Does it look to you like guys were not caring? Is it a secret that the cavs jumped from 45 wins to 60 in 2009 after lebron declared he understood the importance of defence after the 2008 Olympics. So unmotivated that kobe bryant came after an extremely long season when he was 30+. This on a team with crazy hype where no mistakes were permitted. Cmon son,............... bullshit.

You are hopefully trolling or borderline retarded. Equally probable on ST, I gave you the benefit of doubt.

Be careful. Certain members up here cannot handle knowledge. It is a sad reality when a country gets so bitchy because they suck at a sport to resort to calling other countries third-world..

jimbo
07-14-2014, 07:33 PM
However, I'll probably keep up with it more than I did prior to the WC.

tbh wont' happen unless you're talking about MLS/USMNT

I thought the same thing after the last world cup, but there's just too many fucking games and they're all midday so it's hard to watch em if you work a 9-5.

Dick Jones
07-14-2014, 07:35 PM
He certainly possessed the physical tools necessary to be an elite player. If he had trained his entire life to play football I have no doubt he'd be a great player.

DMC
07-14-2014, 07:36 PM

Who gives a fuck what other parts of the world play? Soccer is a game of faggots acting like faggots.

midnightpulp
07-14-2014, 08:08 PM
median & mean. A huge difference. One is much more telling than the other but the other is much more used. I wonder why ?

http://content.gallup.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/xnsmmuvwz0ww5ductyp7rq.png

And cost of living is lower in the US than the average European country, meaning the typical American has more spending power than the typical European.

Infinite_limit
07-15-2014, 02:45 AM

I have no doubt Americans earn more. But they also work much more. My experience was you are out of work or over-worked.

We obviously won't agree but I find the average European citizen better to live amongst. Whether it be because of superior K-12 education, less focus on material belongings or less crime resulting in more trust. I want to live without a Car and so in the USA such places are scare & expensive/crime ridden. I want to live in a busy Downtown area so the quality of everyday encounters with strangers is a big factor. I think if I traveled throughout the USA I could find these remote areas.

ezau
07-15-2014, 03:18 AM
Football would be far more enjoyable if they just remove that bullshit offside rule.

Infinite_limit
07-15-2014, 03:21 AM
Football would be far more enjoyable if they just remove that bullshit offside rule.
The equivalent of ditching line of scrimmage in American football

ezau
07-15-2014, 03:26 AM
The equivalent of ditching line of scrimmage in American football

It's the equivalent of stopping someone to make a fastbreak layup because no one is guarding the man with the ball. :lol

ezau
07-15-2014, 03:34 AM
Put a 7'1 freak with superb reflexes and athleticism and train him to be a goalie and it's over. If Lebron trained as a goalie, he would be very, very good.

ezau
07-15-2014, 03:40 AM

Jesus, Mid just went balls deep there.

spurraider21
07-15-2014, 03:42 AM
there's truth to it :lol... its why my family left Soviet Armenia and came to LA

Infinite_limit
07-15-2014, 04:02 AM
A) Wasn't born in USA
B) USA was 4th choice behind Australia, Canada & Germany
C) Whites stopped immigrating to USA in the 1990's

Infinite_limit
07-15-2014, 04:03 AM
It's the equivalent of stopping someone to make a fastbreak layup because no one is guarding the man with the ball. :lol
Off sides doesn't affect the guy dribbling

Infinite_limit
07-15-2014, 04:05 AM
Put a 7'1 freak with superb reflexes and athleticism and train him to be a goalie and it's over. If Lebron trained as a goalie, he would be very, very good.
Hasn't worked in Hockey. Hasn't worked in Soccer.

"Put a 7'1 freak at Safety and it's over. They'd eliminate every long pass"

Huey Freeman
07-15-2014, 04:31 AM
Soccer has the greatest athletes in the world bottom line. They may not run the fastest. They may not be the strongest. They may not have the highest verticals. What footballers (as they are called around the world) have is the skill to kick a ball around a field for a long period of time. This skill set alone makes them the greatest athletes in the world. Oh, and they rank their wives (or wags) so there's that to.

dfens
07-15-2014, 07:36 AM
http://content.gallup.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/xnsmmuvwz0ww5ductyp7rq.png

And cost of living is lower in the US than the average European country, meaning the typical American has more spending power than the typical European.

Firstly LOL @ 2000 people samples and at self reported. You know all those poor detroit/oklahoma people were represented there.

very cute but monstrously skewed. It doesn't account :
- taxation, especially federal tax
- productivity per hour : americans work more per day and have much fewer vacation days than europeans. You can look it up if you want, all the figures show it. Please don't troll and take the EU figures which include the economic powerhouses of Poland, Estonia or Bulgaria.
- a working non corrupt bureaucracy in the central-northern part of the continent. In the south things vary.
- the benefits of a working social system which include but are not limited to a functional health care. How is that medicare working for you? I heard it is quite expensive tbh and not that efficient. Or how about safety? How do you compare New york to Paris? Miami to Barcelona? Berlin to Los Angeles? Chicago to Vienna? Detroit to Copenhagen?
- the fact that the quality of life, human development index and all the other quality metrics out there put all these european cities much higher on their lists which means that the administration must be more efficient in spending the tax revenue resulting in indirect purchasing power. Of course those metrics should be used with their inequality adjusted variants as to represent a statstical reality closer to the median than to the mean.

The fact that these averages are close after not taking into account all of those things and while eu is affected more by the economic crisis... it leads to a sad conclusion imo.

If you think the average american lives better than the average german / austrian/ dutchman/ dane/ swede/ finn you are wrong tbh. I recommend visiting those countries to experience another reality. And if you think the average american compares to the average swiss/norwegian/luxembourgian you are out of your mind. Go there to experience first hand dudes selling you hamburgers at mcdonalds who drive a brand new audi like I saw in oslo or in zurich... these dudes are way way way ahead, not even a discussion.

I won't even go into cultural things and their implications in the quality of life discussion because I tried to keep this a pure economics argument, it would make this one a laugher.

DMC
07-15-2014, 07:46 AM
I have no doubt Americans earn more. But they also work much more. My experience was you are out of work or over-worked.

We obviously won't agree but I find the average European citizen better to live amongst. Whether it be because of superior K-12 education, less focus on material belongings or less crime resulting in more trust. I want to live without a Car and so in the USA such places are scare & expensive/crime ridden. I want to live in a busy Downtown area so the quality of everyday encounters with strangers is a big factor. I think if I traveled throughout the USA I could find these remote areas.

Good that you prefer to live amongst Europeans, because they pack into small rooms like the Chinese and so being in close proximity is normal for them. I guess if you're metrosexual it suits you just fine.

DMC
07-15-2014, 07:50 AM
Firstly LOL @ 2000 people samples and at self reported. You know all those poor detroit/oklahoma people were represented there.

- productivity per hour : americans work more per day and have much fewer vacation days than europeans. You can look it up if you want, all the figures show it. Please don't troll and take the EU figures which include the economic powerhouses of Poland, Estonia or Bulgaria.
- a working non corrupt bureaucracy in the central-northern part of the continent. In the south things vary.
- the benefits of a working social system which include but are not limited to a functional health care. How is that medicare working for you? I heard it is quite expensive tbh and not that efficient. Or how about safety? How do you compare New york to Paris? Miami to Barcelona? Berlin to Los Angeles? Chicago to Vienna? Detroit to Copenhagen?
- the fact that the quality of life, human development index and all the other quality metrics out there put all these european cities much higher on their lists which means that the administration must be more efficient in spending the tax revenue resulting in indirect purchasing power. Of course those metrics should be used with their inequality adjusted variants as to represent a statstical reality closer to the median than to the mean.

The fact that these averages are close after not taking into account all of those things and while eu is affected more by the economic crisis... it leads to a sad conclusion imo.

If you think the average american lives better than the average german / austrian/ dutchman/ dane/ swede/ finn you are wrong tbh. I recommend visiting those countries to experience another reality. And if you think the average american compares to the average swiss/norwegian/luxembourgian you are out of your mind. Go there to experience first hand dudes selling you hamburgers at mcdonalds who drive a brand new audi like I saw in oslo or in zurich... these dudes are way way way ahead, not even a discussion.

I won't even go into cultural things and their implications in the quality of life discussion because I tried to keep this a pure economics argument, it would make this one a laugher.
I have visited those countries many times. They pay a large tax for socialism, don't border third world countries with minority influx and don't harbor a large ex-ignorant ass slave population. Some of them still bow to a monarch. No thanks.

PingPong
07-15-2014, 09:45 AM
Truth...

Women's soccer is somewhat popular among women and we have the best women's soccer program in the world.... same would be true if men cared about men's soccer.

Because most of the countries around the world don't give a fuck about women's soccer even more than U.S. to the men's soccer.

Strong nigs don't go anywhere in the soccer. See the africans. They should be great defenders, but not good strikers. And LeBron shouldn't play more than half of the games without rolling into the ground with cramps. And mostly of the dumb egoccentric american nigs aren't tough minded enough to resist a lockerroom full of walking cancers.

Well, the best thing of soccer is the fact it doesn't give advantage to a specific colour skin or specif ethinical group. But having higher iq and playing as a team is the key for the modern soccer, as Germany proved, beating individual-skilled teams as Brazil and Argentine.

Germay was like the Spurs of the soccer in the world cup. They hadn't any fantastic talent or superstar like Messi, Neymar, Hazard, Robben, but they were a great team with good players, passing the ball all the time. No monkeyballers

When americans got their asses fucked in any sport, they say "We don't give a fuck about this sport". Or Hollywood makes shitty movies depicting their antagonists as doping made athletes, like Ivan Drago in the Rocky 4. Were Florence Griffith-Joyner and Lance Armstrong soviets?

monkeyball = look at the african teams who display no soccer skillset....they always get exposed

The africans are more skilled than most of europeans, tbh. But they don't have a colletive mind.

dfens
07-15-2014, 10:12 AM
I have visited those countries many times. They pay a large tax for socialism, don't border third world countries with minority influx and don't harbor a large EX-ignorant ass slave population. Some of them still bow to a monarch. No thanks.

:lmao:lol :lmao:rollin

PingPong
07-15-2014, 10:17 AM

Higuita, the colombian goalkeeper, did his best Westchimp impression in the 90 worlds. All the another 10 Durants just stared a tosb Milla doing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT790tEixVA

Clipper Nation
07-15-2014, 10:19 AM
And LeBron shouldn't play more than half of the games without rolling into the ground with cramps.
So basically he'd be the exact same as any other soccer player, except with a legit injury?

PingPong
07-15-2014, 10:24 AM
Soccer has the greatest athletes in the world bottom line. They may not run the fastest. They may not be the strongest. They may not have the highest verticals. What footballers (as they are called around the world) have is the skill to kick a ball around a field for a long period of time. This skill set alone makes them the greatest athletes in the world. Oh, and they rank their wives (or wags) so there's that to.

Some soccer players are faster than any NBA player. Most of the soccer players have better vertical than most of the NBA player. For example, Cristiano Ronaldo can reach 30.7086614 inches of vertical impulsion, Arjen Robben can reach 22.9907341 miles/hour in a sprint.
I don't like soccer, I think it make people dumb and nationalistic. But there are lots of bullshit here.

PingPong
07-15-2014, 10:26 AM
So basically he'd be the exact same as any other soccer player, except with a legit injury?

I'd like to see LeCramps running 26,5325499 miles in four games in six days. LOL.

Clipper Nation
07-15-2014, 10:28 AM
I'd like to see LeCramps running 26,5325499 miles in four games in six days. LOL.
:lol Pretending that soccer players don't waste half the game time celebrating, pouting, and rolling around on the ground faking injuries instead of running

Bill_Brasky
07-15-2014, 10:32 AM
:lol oversized hackey sack
:lol 'sport'

PingPong
07-15-2014, 10:34 AM
:lol Pretending that soccer players don't waste half the game time celebrating, pouting, and rolling around on the ground faking injuries instead of running

You see what you want to see. Brazilians, argentinians do it a lot because of their soccer school. Europeans like Germans, britons, don't waste much time faking injuries or anything else. And the premier league is more brutal than any american sport.

PingPong
07-15-2014, 10:54 AM

It doesn't mean shit if you don't put the inequality in the table. The european countries have more equal societies, without big income disparities. Almost everyone have good living standards. In the U.S. millions of citizens live under the poverty line and some makes billions. In the Latin America, the disparities are even bigger than U.S.

For example, Brazil is the 5th country with most billionaires in the world, ahead of U.K, France, Italy, Canada, Australia, South Korea, Japan, Switzerland, Sweden. But most of the brazilians are living in low living standards, being one of most inequal countries of the world.

The Gemini Method
07-15-2014, 10:55 AM
tbh wont' happen unless you're talking about MLS/USMNT

I thought the same thing after the last world cup, but there's just too many fucking games and they're all midday so it's hard to watch em if you work a 9-5.

You have a good point. I won't watch nearly as many games as I have this past month but I will still catch a game when possible. I watched the Sounders vs. Timber on Sunday and it was pretty entertaining with Dempsey and Yedlin looking like they were the best on the pitch and Dempsey scored a tremendous goal. I will catch as many Arsenal/Barca games as I can since I do have the Soccer Channel and all the other channels that will have the EPL. I follow the NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB on a regular basis. If i'm not watching the games, I'm reading up and keeping an eye on the scores.

Clipper Nation
07-15-2014, 11:02 AM
You see what you want to see. Brazilians, argentinians do it a lot because of their soccer school. Europeans like Germans, britons, don't waste much time faking injuries or anything else. And the premier league is more brutal than any american sport.
:lol Nice spin, but let's be real now.... NBA fans complain when the average basketball game contains maybe two or three egregious flops (other than MethKC and Harden, who do it every possession).... in soccer, the players flop every five seconds and it's encouraged....

PingPong
07-15-2014, 11:17 AM
:lol Nice spin, but let's be real now.... NBA fans complain when the average basketball game contains maybe two or three egregious flops (other than MethKC and Harden, who do it every possession).... in soccer, the players flop every five seconds and it's encouraged....

Spanish and italians flop all the time too. But in the english premier league...

http://i.imgur.com/YtL0k4l.jpg

The kid almost had his feet amputed. The skin was the only thing holding it. Volleyball and basketball players are injured more often because the hard ground generates more impact than grass, but soccer can be brutal too.

Infinite_limit
07-15-2014, 02:14 PM
I have visited those countries many times. They pay a large tax for socialism, don't border third world countries with minority influx and don't harbor a large ex-ignorant ass slave population. Some of them still bow to a monarch. No thanks.
Which is why it would be best suited for USA to split up into 3 or more separate nations. Then the disparities wouldn't be city to city or even in some cases neighborhood to neighborhood.

spurraider21
07-15-2014, 02:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCxe4r6SjH0

midnightpulp
07-15-2014, 05:12 PM

It appears you don't know how polls work.

Most European countries are taxed higher, at every level, this is why their "wealth inequality" (in itself a spurious term) is closer. Canada (which has a European style universal healthcare system) taxes the average family 10K per year to pay for their "free" healthcare.

In 2013, a typical Canadian family of four can expect to pay $11,320 for public health care insurance. For the average family of two parents with one child that bill will be $10,989, and for the average family of two adults (without children) the bill comes to $11,381. As a result of lower average incomes and differences in taxation, the bills are smaller for the average unattached individual ($3,780), for the average one-parent-one-child family ($3,905), and the average one-parent two-child family ($3,387). But no matter the family type, the bill is not small, much less free.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/nadeem-esmail/canada-free-health-care_b_3733080.html

Somewhat true, but overstated. Idiots like you look at the number of vacation days that are legally required by the Government for employers to give their employees and conclude "Oh my God, US workers get no days off!" Since we're not a Nanny State, the number of vacation days to give an employee is determined by the employer, which is the way it should be. What if a firm needs their workers to work straight through a month to meet a deadline? Or to work 16 hour shifts? I can already hear you bemoaning the "inhumanity" of this, but I'm not talking about a retail job at Walmart here. In a corporate environment, sometimes workers need to sacrifice like this, and usually, they're up for it, since they're ambitious and trying to climb the proverbial corporate ladder. This is why little innovation comes out of Europe and an overwhelming number of companies on the Forbes 500 are American. Even the highly touted "German Engineering" isn't what it once was. The Japs and even American cars are outperforming Germany in most classes.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/05/are-german-cars-reliable-myth-german-engineering.html

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine/2014/04/top-picks-2014/index.htm

And when is the last time anything of note has come out of the digital/electronics space from Europe? (I'm sure there's something, but I can't think of anything off the top of my head, which demonstrates Europe's irrelevancy here. Meanwhile, Samsung, Sony, Google, Microsoft, Apple, are worldwide household names)

Healthcare is fine here. Even illegal immigrants can have babies in an American hospital and the tax payers pick up the bill. And here in Southern California, there's a host of socialized healthcare options that are quite good. On the safety issues, I agree that European countries/large cities are overall safer. I can't argue against that fact.

Jesus, shut up about "wealth inequality," I don't think you understand how that doesn't relate to quality of life at all. Cost of living should be the foundational metric here. So what if the "ebil 99%" controls all the wealth (which isn't really true). Take a fictional society where it costs 1000.00 a year to live a decent, healthy life. 98% of these citizens make 50K per year while the top 2% make 1 billion per year. On "paper," the wealth inequality is deplorable, but the country's standard of living is fine.

Gini coefficient is yet another political tool used to manipulate policy. It's a flawed metric, as explained:

Gini coefficients are simple, and this simplicity can lead to oversights and can confuse the comparison of different populations; for example, while both Bangladesh (per capita income of $1,693) and the Netherlands (per capita income of $42,183) had an income Gini index of 0.31 in 2010,[53] the quality of life, economic opportunity and absolute income in these countries are very different, i.e. countries may have identical Gini coefficients, but differ greatly in wealth. Basic necessities may be available to all in a developed economy, while in an undeveloped economy with the same Gini coefficient, basic necessities may be unavailable to most or unequally available, due to lower absolute wealth.

You've obviously never lived in the US for any extended period of time. Our "poor" have a wealth (no pun intended) of social programs available to them that put their standard of living well above the OECD average.

http://b-i.forbesimg.com/timworstall/files/2013/06/inequality.png

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2013/06/01/astonishing-numbers-americas-poor-still-live-better-than-most-of-the-rest-of-humanity/

Our HDI is also 3rd highest in the world.

:lol Anecdotes

Please don't. Your whole "argument" has been nothing but spouting subjective bullshit. You back nothing up with facts and figures, and simply commit the "argument from experience" fallacy over and over again.

DMC
07-15-2014, 06:41 PM
Which is why it would be best suited for USA to split up into 3 or more separate nations. Then the disparities wouldn't be city to city or even in some cases neighborhood to neighborhood.

They tried that once. Didn't work out so well.

dfens
07-15-2014, 06:59 PM
It appears you don't know how polls work.

it appears you don't understand how statistics work and what is a meaningful sample size. 2000 for a population of 300+ million is a absolutely too low and too bias prone. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sample_size_determination

Most European countries are taxed higher, at every level, this is why their "wealth inequality" (in itself a spurious term) is closer.

http://scalar.usc.edu/works/growing-apart-a-political-history-of-american-inequality/who-pays-taxes-and-american-inequality cry me a river.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_inequality_in_the_United_States
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_policy_and_economic_inequality_in_the_United_S tates
so basically the entire civilized world understands that high taxation of wealth leads to a better balance in capitalism and a better balanced free market but you take the most basic form of the equation and realize that the absolute difference is lower on high taxation and only that affects inequality. :lol No mention of the mechanism to control the derivate of the taxation evolution, which in plain words means the ability to balance the market from hoarding. Maybe you got a phd in economics or some fundamental superior knowledge but otherwise I'll take the word of all the referenced papers/graphs in the links.

Somewhat true, but overstated. Idiots like you look at the number of vacation days that are legally required by the Government for employers to give their employees and conclude "Oh my God, US workers get no days off!" Since we're not a Nanny State, the number of vacation days to give an employee is determined by the employer, which is the way it should be. What if a firm needs their workers to work straight through a month to meet a deadline? Or to work 16 hour shifts? I can already hear you bemoaning the "inhumanity" of this, but I'm not talking about a retail job at Walmart here. In a corporate environment, sometimes workers need to sacrifice like this, and usually, they're up for it, since they're ambitious and trying to climb the proverbial corporate ladder. This is why little innovation comes out of Europe and an overwhelming number of companies on the Forbes 500 are American. Even the highly touted "German Engineering" isn't what it once was. The Japs and even American cars are outperforming Germany in most classes.
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/05/are-german-cars-reliable-myth-german-engineering.html
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine/2014/04/top-picks-2014/index.htm
And when is the last time anything of note has come out of the digital/electronics space from Europe? (I'm sure there's something, but I can't think of anything off the top of my head, which demonstrates Europe's irrelevancy here. Meanwhile, Samsung, Sony, Google, Microsoft, Apple, are worldwide household names)

Tbh I think you are either an idiot or a troll. Why not go back to working in the mines since the country is in recession to help her? Nevermind said recession came from predatory unchecked economics in which the average joe had 0% control and from which he got fired in the layoffs that came after the nice dividents. But the company needs him :lol
How about providing a decent life and a balance for a family?. Nobody gives a shit about who invented what, the only thing that matters is for a state to provide for its citizens. LMAO thinking people in south korea/japan are close to happy when their suicide rates trumple all in oecd.

Apple payed 2% of profit in taxes for the last 10 years. All the other big companies are comparable. All that worker hard work is finally coming back as economic value to the community :lol

@engineering... look at detroit and then look at stuttgart/munich. You tell me which manufacturer is doing a better job for his workers... that's economy right? People working for living better. Or do you prefer the food-for-oil sustainable process? :lol

Also Nokia, Bayer, german cars, AirBus, Maersk, Deutche Bank etc are household names too.

And generally from a market standpoint: http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2010/02/12/who-wins-in-u-s-vs-europe-contest/
quote:
"It marshals an impressive army of facts and comparative statistics to show that the United States is behind Europe in nearly every socio-economic category that can be measured and that neither America’s trickle-down, Wall Street-driven capitalism nor China’s state capitalism hold the keys to the future. While China’s growth has been impressive, says Hill, the country remains, in essence, a sub-contractor to the West and is racked by internal contradictions.
“When I talk to American audiences,” Hill said in an interview, “many find the figures I cite hard to believe. They haven’t heard them before. U.S. businesses making more profits in Europe than anywhere else, 20 times more than in China? 179 of the world’s top companies are European compared with 140 American? That does not fit the preconceptions.”

Canada (which has a European style universal healthcare system) taxes the average family 10K per year to pay for their "free" healthcare.

In 2013, a typical Canadian family of four can expect to pay $11,320 for public health care insurance. For the average family of two parents with one child that bill will be $10,989, and for the average family of two adults (without children) the bill comes to $11,381. As a result of lower average incomes and differences in taxation, the bills are smaller for the average unattached individual ($3,780), for the average one-parent-one-child family ($3,905), and the average one-parent two-child family ($3,387). But no matter the family type, the bill is not small, much less free.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/nadeem-esmail/canada-free-health-care_b_3733080.html

Healthcare is fine here. Even illegal immigrants can have babies in an American hospital and the tax payers pick up the bill. And here in Southern California, there's a host of socialized healthcare options that are quite good. On the safety issues, I agree that European countries/large cities are overall safer. I can't argue against that fact.

:lol:lol:lol
how about reading instead of living in a fairytale?
http://www.commonwealthfund.org/~/media/Files/Publications/Issue%20Brief/2011/Jul/1532_Squires_US_hlt_sys_comparison_12_nations_intl _brief_v2.pdf (http://www.commonwealthfund.org/%7E/media/Files/Publications/Issue%20Brief/2011/Jul/1532_Squires_US_hlt_sys_comparison_12_nations_intl _brief_v2.pdf)
http://dpeaflcio.org/the-u-s-health-care-system-an-international-perspective/
it seems other healthcare systems perform significanty better while having lower overall costs per individual.
Direct quote:

Despite the relatively high level of health expenditure, in the U.S. there are fewer physicians per capita than in most other OECD countries. In 2011, the U.S. had 2.4 practicing physicians per 1,000 people—below the OECD average of 3.1.[64]

In the U.S., there are only about 1.2 primary care physicians per 1,000 people. Projections indicate that the U.S. will need 52,000 more primary care physicians by 2025 to meet demand.[65] While population growth and aging make up a substantial proportion of this increased need, expanded access to insurance under the Affordable Care Act means more people will seek out treatment. Therefore, there are provisions in the legislation to increase the number of primary care physicians in the U.S.

There is a significant spatial mismatch within the United States for physicians as well. While the U.S. averages 226 doctors active in patient care per 100,000 people in 2012, there is a wide variance across states; Massachusetts ranks highest with 324.1 active doctors per 100,000 people, while Mississippi has only 164.4.[66]

In 2011, the U.S. infant mortality rate was 6.1 per 1,000 live births, while the OECD median was 4.1.[67]

The obesity rate among adults in the U.S. was 36.5 percent in 2011, up from 33.8 percent in 2008. This is the highest rate among OECD countries. The average for the OECD countries was 17.6 percent in 2011.[68]

Jesus, shut up about "wealth inequality," I don't think you understand how that doesn't relate to quality of life at all. Cost of living should be the foundational metric here. So what if the "ebil 99%" controls all the wealth (which isn't really true). Take a fictional society where it costs 1000.00 a year to live a decent, healthy life. 98% of these citizens make 50K per year while the top 2% make 1 billion per year. On "paper," the wealth inequality is deplorable, but the country's standard of living is fine.
Gini coefficient is yet another political tool used to manipulate policy. It's a flawed metric, as explained:
Gini coefficients are simple, and this simplicity can lead to oversights and can confuse the comparison of different populations; for example, while both Bangladesh (per capita income of $1,693) and the Netherlands (per capita income of $42,183) had an income Gini index of 0.31 in 2010,[53] the quality of life, economic opportunity and absolute income in these countries are very different, i.e. countries may have identical Gini coefficients, but differ greatly in wealth. Basic necessities may be available to all in a developed economy, while in an undeveloped economy with the same Gini coefficient, basic necessities may be unavailable to most or unequally available, due to lower absolute wealth.

You've obviously never lived in the US for any extended period of time. Our "poor" have a wealth (no pun intended) of social programs available to them that put their standard of living well above the OECD average.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/04/15/map-how-35-countries-compare-on-child-poverty-the-u-s-is-ranked-34th/
http://www.economist.com/blogs/buttonwood/2013/01/life-expectancy
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/05/us/harder-for-americans-to-rise-from-lower-rungs.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
http://20somethingfinance.com/american-hours-worked-productivity-vacation/

(http://20somethingfinance.com/american-hours-worked-productivity-vacation/)

http://b-i.forbesimg.com/timworstall/files/2013/06/inequality.png
http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2013/06/01/astonishing-numbers-americas-poor-still-live-better-than-most-of-the-rest-of-humanity/
Our HDI is also 3rd highest in the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_inequality-adjusted_HDI (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_inequality-adjusted_HDI) .... in reality it is 16th not bad but a far cry from norway/sweden/germany.
how about using data from right now? http://www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org/topics/life-satisfaction/

quality of life in cities, usa nowhere to be found..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercer_Quality_of_Living_Survey
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World%27s_most_livable_cities
http://www.businessinsider.com/monocle-quality-of-life-2011-6?op=1

other links:
http://www.eoionline.org/blog/myth-6-europe-has-a-lower-standard-of-living-than-the-united-states/

:lol Anecdotes

Reality son.

Please don't. Your whole "argument" has been nothing but spouting subjective bullshit. You back nothing up with facts and figures, and simply commit the "argument from experience" fallacy over and over again.

I only gave the argument from experience once, as it was very revealing and not some statistical aberration. People really live very very nice in norway/swiss/luxembourg, far far far better than us and better than the rest of eu/oecd.

But whatever retard, if the facts &links are not enough for you you can continue enjoying the american dream, and god bless tbh, hope some be@ner/nigga won't gun you down for 10 bucks.

midnightpulp
07-15-2014, 08:24 PM
it appears you don't understand how statistics work and what is a meaningful sample size. 2000 for a population of 300+ million is a absolutely too low and too bias prone. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sample_size_determination

Official Census statistics has the US Median Income (as of 2014) at 53K

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/00000.html

Polls are good for an estimate and usually prove to be rather accurate when compared to harder data. So actually, the "harder data" has the US at 9K higher :lol

Is this where you blather on about "wealth inequality" again?

Also, poverty rate:

US: 14.9

Germany: 15.1

EU: 16.4

http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2014/01/06/germ-j06.html

http://www.inequalitywatch.eu/spip.php?article99

http://scalar.usc.edu/works/growing-apart-a-political-history-of-american-inequality/who-pays-taxes-and-american-inequality cry me a river.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_inequality_in_the_United_States
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_policy_and_economic_inequality_in_the_United_S tates
so basically the entire civilized world understands that high taxation of wealth leads to a better balance in capitalism and a better balanced free market but you take the most basic form of the equation and realize that the absolute difference is lower on high taxation and only that affects inequality. :lol No mention of the mechanism to control the derivate of the taxation evolution, which in plain words means the ability to balance the market from hoarding. Maybe you got a phd in economics or some fundamental superior knowledge but otherwise I'll take the word of all the referenced papers/graphs in the links.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/money/dam/assets/130311153403-tax-share-chart-620xa.jpg

http://money.cnn.com/2013/03/12/news/economy/rich-taxes/

Anyhow, you're going off on a tangent. You stated that the figure (median income) I posted can't be taken seriously because it isn't after tax (which it is, see above data figure) and that the American Middle Class pays more in taxes than their European counterparts. Not true at all.

Europe’s top marginal tax rates kick in at middle-income levels (Belgium at $46,000, Netherlands at $72,000, and France at $92,000). Only in Germany does it register at an income level ($326,000) comparable to the United States ($379,000). Europe applies its highest marginal income tax rates to middle class incomes by U.S. standards. The European middle class pays marginal tax rates similar to the highest tax rates in the United States.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/paulroderickgregory/2012/12/05/the-liberal-lefts-dirty-little-secret-the-middle-class-and-poor-pay-for-the-entitlement-state/

And here's an OP-ED that examines how the middle-class would have to pay MORE in taxes so that we can fund a European-Style Welfare State for the purpose of helping the poor.

The only way to finance a big European-style state is to have it paid for by massive taxation of everyone, mostly the middle class. Right now, we are avoiding honest debate on this fact.

The second truth is that you cannot pay for the Life of Julia, or any vision of a cradle-to-grave welfare state, without massive and increasingly regressive middle-class taxes. The poor don't have the money to pay for a European-style welfare state, and the rich, rich as they are, don't have anywhere near enough.

The author even argues AGAINST over-taxing the rich:

but soaking the rich means taxing investments. Investments are complicated and can be restructured to minimize taxes. Also, investments are the lifeblood of economic growth. Raising significantly more taxes from the rich also requires higher marginal tax rates — and their rates are already quite high. High marginal rates distort the economy and yield less revenue than anticipated because they increase the rewards for legal and illegal tax avoidance.

And a truth bomb:

Klein is mild compared to Eduardo Porter, who writes in the New York Times on November 27th, “Many Americans may find this hard to believe, but the United States already has one of the most progressive tax systems in the developed world” and “Taxes on American households do more to redistribute resources and reduce inequality than the tax codes of most other rich nations.” Mr. Porter, it is shocking to see you argue in the New York Times that the United States is a progressive paragon! Those in the Occupy Wall Street movement must be surprised to learn that you, one of their standard-bearers, think the United States already does considerably more redistribution than Western Europe!

These pundits know the math. To achieve anything like the European-style entitlement state they advocate, we need to tax everyone a lot more, not just the 1 percent. Despite all the drum circles protesting the inequitable distribution of resources, the wealthy just don’t have enough. The middle class and even the poor must step up to carry more of the burden if this is our desired endgame.

http://www.american.com/archive/2013/january/we-are-the-98-percent

In other words, that's how Europe pays for its Nanny State, by heavily taxing the middle-class on the same level as the rich (again, refer to the Forbes article that illustrates this).

Conclusion: The average Middle Class American has more purchasing power than the average Middle Class European. All the data supports this, from PPP (per capita) to Median (after tax) Income. As for the poor, the social programs are quite generous and are shown to raise their standard of living well above the OECD average.

Tbh I think you are either an idiot or a troll. Why not go back to working in the mines since the country is in recession to help her? Nevermind said recession came from predatory unchecked economics in which the average joe had 0% control and from which he got fired in the layoffs that came after the nice dividents. But the company needs him :lol
How about providing a decent life and a balance for a family?. Nobody gives a shit about who invented what, the only thing that matters is for a state to provide for its citizens. LMAO thinking people in south korea/japan are close to happy when their suicide rates trumple all in oecd.

Apple payed 2% of profit in taxes for the last 10 years. All the other big companies are comparable. All that worker hard work is finally coming back as economic value to the community :lol

@engineering... look at detroit and then look at stuttgart/munich. You tell me which manufacturer is doing a better job for his workers... that's economy right? People working for living better. Or do you prefer the food-for-oil sustainable process? :lol

Also Nokia, Bayer, german cars, AirBus, Maersk, Deutche Bank etc are household names too.

And generally from a market standpoint: http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2010/02/12/who-wins-in-u-s-vs-europe-contest/
quote:
"It marshals an impressive army of facts and comparative statistics to show that the United States is behind Europe in nearly every socio-economic category that can be measured and that neither America’s trickle-down, Wall Street-driven capitalism nor China’s state capitalism hold the keys to the future. While China’s growth has been impressive, says Hill, the country remains, in essence, a sub-contractor to the West and is racked by internal contradictions.
“When I talk to American audiences,” Hill said in an interview, “many find the figures I cite hard to believe. They haven’t heard them before. U.S. businesses making more profits in Europe than anywhere else, 20 times more than in China? 179 of the world’s top companies are European compared with 140 American? That does not fit the preconceptions.”

:lol Well of course when you invoke the EU and its 175 million more people, they're going to have more Fortune 500 companies. The fact they only have 30 more, most of which are at the middle/bottom of the list, despite the population differences proves my point.

:lol:lol:lol
how about reading instead of living in a fairytale?
http://www.commonwealthfund.org/~/media/Files/Publications/Issue%20Brief/2011/Jul/1532_Squires_US_hlt_sys_comparison_12_nations_intl _brief_v2.pdf (http://www.commonwealthfund.org/%7E/media/Files/Publications/Issue%20Brief/2011/Jul/1532_Squires_US_hlt_sys_comparison_12_nations_intl _brief_v2.pdf)
http://dpeaflcio.org/the-u-s-health-care-system-an-international-perspective/
it seems other healthcare systems perform significanty better while having lower overall costs per individual.
Direct quote:

Despite the relatively high level of health expenditure, in the U.S. there are fewer physicians per capita than in most other OECD countries. In 2011, the U.S. had 2.4 practicing physicians per 1,000 people—below the OECD average of 3.1.[64]

In the U.S., there are only about 1.2 primary care physicians per 1,000 people. Projections indicate that the U.S. will need 52,000 more primary care physicians by 2025 to meet demand.[65] While population growth and aging make up a substantial proportion of this increased need, expanded access to insurance under the Affordable Care Act means more people will seek out treatment. Therefore, there are provisions in the legislation to increase the number of primary care physicians in the U.S.

There is a significant spatial mismatch within the United States for physicians as well. While the U.S. averages 226 doctors active in patient care per 100,000 people in 2012, there is a wide variance across states; Massachusetts ranks highest with 324.1 active doctors per 100,000 people, while Mississippi has only 164.4.[66]

In 2011, the U.S. infant mortality rate was 6.1 per 1,000 live births, while the OECD median was 4.1.[67]

The obesity rate among adults in the U.S. was 36.5 percent in 2011, up from 33.8 percent in 2008. This is the highest rate among OECD countries. The average for the OECD countries was 17.6 percent in 2011.[68]

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/04/15/map-how-35-countries-compare-on-child-poverty-the-u-s-is-ranked-34th/
http://www.economist.com/blogs/buttonwood/2013/01/life-expectancy
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/05/us/harder-for-americans-to-rise-from-lower-rungs.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
http://20somethingfinance.com/american-hours-worked-productivity-vacation/

(http://20somethingfinance.com/american-hours-worked-productivity-vacation/)

The US population isn't as dense as the European population. Of course we're going to have lesser physicians per capita. And as far your "metrics" go:

We need to go behind those numbers though and have a look at how they are calculated. It's not all that unusual for international statistics of these kinds to contain some, well, how to put this, odd assumptions. The answers to that are here. This is what the WHO uses to calculate those numbers and the weightings they put upon them.

1. Health Level: 25%
2. Health Distribution: 25%
3. Responsiveness: 12.5%
4. Responsiveness Distribution: 12.5%
5. Financial Fairness: 25%

As you can see, there's a great deal of assuming going on there about what makes a decent health care system. In fact, only 37.5% of the weighting is actually about health care itself: the other 62.5% is about distribution and fairness, how equal or unequal it all is.

I take it from that that what the (yes, hugely expensive) US health care system actually offers is responsiveness. That when we desire to be looked at, we get looked at. When we need or desire treatment then we get it faster than any place else on the planet. That's simply an extremely expensive thing to provide.

http://www.examiner.com/article/america-has-the-best-health-care-the-world

http://www-tc.pbs.org/prod-media/newshour/photos/2012/10/02/Cancer_system_is_generally_performing_well_slidesh ow.jpg

http://oregoncatalyst.com/2594-Chart-2-US-has-better-access-to-health-tech-than-world.html

And citing obesity rates and life expectancy has more to do with life style choices than quality of healthcare.

Our healthcare system is a miracle considering the geographic size and population of this country. This is what you Euros don't understand. You compare a 320 million population country the size of a continent with a country like Sweden, the size of a small state with the population of a large American city. We also have some of the openest borders on the planet, which means they're will always be a poor immigrant underclass. Why should we further tax our citizens to "provide" services for these people? You might think I'm being callous, but the fact of the matter is, these immigrants are far better off here, even without these social benefits, than they are selling gum in a Mexican border town.

I'm not claiming our healthcare system is the best in the world, but it's pretty good, all things considered.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_inequality-adjusted_HDI (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_inequality-adjusted_HDI) .... in reality it is 16th not bad but a far cry from norway/sweden/germany.
how about using data from right now? http://www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org/topics/life-satisfaction/

I already demonstrated the flaws in Income Inequality metrics. From the IHDI Wiki:

This is an experimental measure that will be subject to changes in the future. One issue is in the inequality adjusted income index, which forms a third of the overall index. Effectively countries with much lower inequality adjusted GNI will score higher in the income index than other countries who have higher inequality adjusted GNI, but higher inequality. For example, country A has GNI per capita of $40,000 (index= .858), inequality adjusted GNI per capita of $30,000 (index=.816), and country B has a GNI per capita of $18,000 (.743), inequality adjusted GNI per capita of $16,000 (.735). So country A is clearly better off by both measures. However, this is not the way the inequality adjusted income index is calculated. As the text says, "The HDI income index is adjusted for inequality in income distribution based on data from household surveys." [3] It is the index itself which is adjusted for inequality. Thus, for country A, the index of (.858) gets multiplied by the ratio (.1478/.166)=.642. For country B, the index of (.735) gets multiplied by the ratio (16,000/18,000)=.661. Therefore, country B has a higher income index in terms of income even though it actually receives about half the income of country B

Quit using shitty inequality metrics.

As for "using data from right now."

Sure:

Only 4 European countries can post a "Better Life" than the US.

http://www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org/#/55555555555

Considering those countries are the size of some American cities compared to our 320 million large melting pot, it's a damn miracle we're this functional. Speaks to our greatness.

quality of life in cities, usa nowhere to be found..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World%27s_most_livable_cities
http://www.businessinsider.com/monocle-quality-of-life-2011-6?op=1

other links:
http://www.eoionline.org/blog/myth-6-europe-has-a-lower-standard-of-living-than-the-united-states/

I would admit large European cities are more livable than large American cities, since elements like public safety and pollution are better in European cities. But I'd still rather live in an American city/Suburb because cost of living is much cheaper while the quality of life isn't much worse. 8 US cities still made the top 50:

I only gave the argument from experience once, as it was very revealing and not some statistical aberration. [B]People really live very very nice in norway/swiss/luxembourg, far far far better than us and better than the rest of eu/oecd.

The stats don't show that. Sorry. Better? Maybe. Far better? No.

But whatever retard, if the facts &links are not enough for you you can continue enjoying the american dream, and god bless tbh, hope some be@ner/nigga won't gun you down for 10 bucks.

:lol I thought Europeans were all about social justice? You better watch that racist speak. Wouldn't want you to get arrested for hate speech.

http://chalcedon.edu/Research/Articles/Swedish-Pastor-Faces-Jail-For-Preaching-Against-Homosexuality/

ezau
07-15-2014, 09:02 PM
A) Wasn't born in USA
B) USA was 4th choice behind Australia, Canada & Germany
C) Whites stopped immigrating to USA in the 1990's

Europe would've been head and shoulders ahead of USA right now if they didn't play around with Socialism, tbh. When much of Europe was having cute little 'economic' revolutions, Americans were busy innovating, selling, and making money. It's amazing what America has actually achieved in just over 200 years of independence.

ezau
07-15-2014, 09:05 PM

:lol Like how Germany and former Soviet Union skullfucked Poland then left after blowing their wad? No thanks

ambchang
07-15-2014, 09:16 PM
People totally ignoring the fact that the recently crowned NBA championships borrowed elements of soccer (futbol) into the offense, using team work, skills, and ball movement to neutralize athleticism.

RD2191
07-15-2014, 09:17 PM
People totally ignoring the fact that the recently crowned NBA championships borrowed elements of soccer (futbol) into the offense, using team work, skills, and ball movement to neutralize athleticism.

spurraider21
07-15-2014, 09:27 PM
is there a team sport outside of baseball that doesn't stress ball movement/passing, tbh?

ambchang
07-15-2014, 09:33 PM

What is funny is the ignorance of the general Americans about sports outside of the big 4 (mostly big 3) sports.

http://www.thenational.ae/thenationalconversation/sport-comment/tikitaka-san-antonio-spurs-dethroned-king-james-with-a-new-kind-of-basketball
http://www.examiner.com/article/san-antonio-spurs-and-spanish-football-part-1
http://butthegameison.com/5037/tiki-taka/

ambchang
07-15-2014, 09:33 PM
is there a team sport outside of baseball that doesn't stress ball movement/passing, tbh?

Well, the NBA in the 90s and 00s.

Splits
07-15-2014, 09:38 PM
:lol American cricket
:lol American rugby

Clipper Nation
07-15-2014, 09:50 PM
:lol American cricket
:lol American rugby

Both >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the third-world lawn game

ezau
07-16-2014, 12:03 AM
lol at these retards thinking that a midget Messi or an STD-infected Ronaldo are better athletes than Jordan, Westbrook, or Lebron.

PingPong
07-16-2014, 12:39 AM
Both >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the third-world lawn game

Soccer was created by the britons and was a gentlemans sport. Not created by some weird athletics teacher from a obscure School in the midle of nowhere like basketball, or a barbarian medieval sport like baseball.

lol at these retards thinking that a midget Messi or an STD-infected Ronaldo are better athletes than Jordan, Westbrook, or Lebron.

Being short is an advantage in soccer, because having a low gravity center, you can dribble easily and quicker. Most of the american sports use the hands wich we learn to control since we were born. Being skilled enough to control the ball with the feet at high speed and dribbling is something. The habilities of the soccer players make the basketball and football players look like awkward unskilled and moving monkeys.
And how I said before, some soccer players are extremely fast, have good vertical impulsion. And a 100 meters hurdle racer has a different body than a marathon runner but both are high level athletes, right? Chimbrook, Jordan and Lebron never would play soccer simply because they don't have agility enough to dribble with the feet and the high center of gravity doesn't help them. It's very rare to see soccer players taller than 6'6. But in the NBA you had Spud Webb....

midnightpulp
07-16-2014, 12:47 AM
Soccer was created by the britons and was a gentlemans sport. Not created by some weird athletics teacher from a obscure School in the midle of nowhere like basketball, or a barbarian medieval sport like baseball.

Being short is an advantage in soccer, because having a low gravity center, you can dribble easily and quicker. Most of the american sports use the hands wich we learn to control since we were born. Being skilled enough to control the ball with the feet at high speed and dribbling is something. The habilities of the soccer players make the basketball and football players look like awkward unskilled and moving monkeys.
And how I said before, some soccer players are extremely fast, have good vertical impulsion. And a 100 meters hurdle racer has a different body than a marathon runner but both are high level athletes, right? Chimbrook, Jordan and Lebron never would play soccer simply because they don't have agility enough to dribble with the feet and the high center of gravity doesn't help them. It's very rare to see soccer players taller than 6'6. But in the NBA you had Spud Webb....

For a guy who doesn't like soccer, you sure spend a lot time defending it.

So what if it was once a "Gentlemen's Game?" It's now the preferred game of the 3rd world because you can play it with a rolled up wad of trash on the streets of Rio or with the detached head of a cartel victim.

Its financial accessibility is why it's so popular. Not because it's "Beautiful."

hater
07-16-2014, 12:54 AM
futbol is a very tough sport to get your head around to

truth is even countries that have vast resources and populations suck at it.(:lol England :lol) it is not a sport you grab the nearest 5 nigs and give them the ball and they will start playing better than the average whitie that has played it since age 5.

you need lots of brainpower for this sport and it takes your 100% attention for a full 90 minutes NONSTOP

Americans barely can keep their attention span to a mere 30 seconds to watch an American Football play and then they need to dig in their Nachos and Beer :lol

I would say it could be 100 years from now and USA still barely get out of the group round to get demolished in the round of 16 :lol :lol

sorry america this ain't your cup of tea :lol

midnightpulp
07-16-2014, 01:01 AM
futbol is a very tough sport to get your head around to

truth is even countries that have vast resources and populations suck at it.(:lol England :lol) it is not a sport you grab the nearest 5 nigs and give them the ball and they will start playing better than the average whitie that has played it since age 5.

you need lots of brainpower for this sport and it takes your 100% attention for a full 90 minutes NONSTOP

Americans barely can keep their attention span to a mere 30 seconds to watch an American Football play and then they need to dig in their Nachos and Beer :lol

I would say it could be 100 years from now and USA still barely get out of the group round to get demolished in the round of 16 :lol :lol

sorry america this ain't your cup of tea :lol

:lol The most successful soccer country of all-time is Brazil, home to Favela monkeys
:lol Greatest player of all time is a 5'3" cokehead
:lol "Takes Brain Power."

sook
07-16-2014, 01:01 AM
:lol The most successful soccer country of all-time is Brazil, home to Favela monkeys
:lol Greatest players of all time is a 5'3" cokehead

hater
07-16-2014, 01:05 AM
:lol Greatest player of all time is a 5'3" cokehead

:lol Brazil got pummeled 1-7 by the Krouts this year because they assembled a group of lazy nigs

Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Zico, Bebeto, Pele, Romario, etc. those were great players tbh.

:lol in 100 years someone bump this thread when USA gets outed by Belgium in the round of 16 AGAIN :lmao

PingPong
07-16-2014, 01:17 AM
For a guy who doesn't like soccer, you sure spend a lot time defending it.

Because my favorite sport is trolling.

:hat

So what if it was once a "Gentlemen's Game?" It's now the preferred game of the 3rd world because you can play it with a rolled up wad of trash on the streets of Rio or with the detached head of a cartel victim.

Soccer was introduced in Brazil by the british engineers working at the railways construction. At first black and poor people were just watchers. When the blacks and the poor started to play, they couldn't hit or be aggressives against their bosses, then they learned to dribble and guard players using skills instead of charges. Some of dibbling had roots in the capoeira, an african-brazilian dance and fight art. That's the origin of the beautiful game. In the Argentina, soccer was introduced by the british engineers of the railways too. In Uruguay, it was introduced by some english high school or college. And the rest of the south america doesnt mean shit in the global context.

It's financial accessibility is why it's so popular. Not because it's "Beautiful."

As I wrote above, the soccer was spreaded because it was an elite sport, wich led to the construction of fields at the clubs and they build teams. Some elite clubs like Sport Club Germânia, were founded by germans to be a soccer team. Nowadays it's a higher middle class recreational club called Pinheiros Sport Club.

Another pioneer of the soccer in Brazil, the elite recreational club called Paulistano is located at the most expensive neighbourhood of São Paulo. They abandoned soccer when clubs like Corinthians, popular among the working class started to pop here and there.
And for the poor people, soccer is an opportunity to get rich and famous. Nothing different than the fatherless nigs from the american sports. Volleyball, basketball, handball are more middle class sports, because it requires a court to practice. And courts arent exactly everywhere, at least the ones in good shape.

Bill_Brasky
07-16-2014, 01:17 AM
soccer players are some of the dumbest people on the planet. Stop talking about it as if it takes smarts. An average NFL defense has over 100 base looks. Way more shit to remember than oversized hackey sack with *gasp* running involved.

hater
07-16-2014, 01:19 AM
soccer players are some of the dumbest people on the planet. Stop talking about it as if it takes smarts. An average NFL defense has over 100 base looks. Way more shit to remember than oversized hackey sack with *gasp* running involved.

and the average NFL defense needs a break in the game every 20 seconds to be reminded what play they are playing :lmao :lol :lmao

gimme a break. Even a donkey can follow directions if having to be reminded every 20 seconds :lol

NASpurs
07-16-2014, 01:21 AM

:lol thinking memorizing something actually involves being smart

hater
07-16-2014, 01:21 AM
:lol thinking memorizing something actually involves being smart

Bill_Brasky
07-16-2014, 01:34 AM
NFL = chess

Soccer = chutes and ladders

hater
07-16-2014, 01:40 AM
NFL = chess

played with monkeypawns by white men in headsets

NASpurs
07-16-2014, 01:43 AM
NFL = chess

Soccer = chutes and ladders

:lmao It's just a bunch of old farts on the sidelines telling a field of monkeys what to do after 40 seconds of rest inbetween plays after 3 seconds of action

NASpurs
07-16-2014, 01:44 AM
played with monkeypawns by white men in headsets

Damn, beat me to it. :lol

Splits
07-16-2014, 01:48 AM
NFL = chess

NFL = American Rugby

Too pussified to emulate real Rugby so they have to wear pads and helmets and institute rules about how players are not allowed to tackle each other unless they use their arms and cvnts

Floyd Pacquiao
07-16-2014, 01:53 AM
NFL is one of the greatest sports ever created, it's a combination of art and war...

Splits
07-16-2014, 01:57 AM
Although there are mentions of Native Americans (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_Americans_in_the_United_States) playing games, modern American football has its origins in traditional ball games played at villages and schools in Europe for many centuries before America was settled by Europeans.

midnightpulp
07-16-2014, 01:58 AM
NFL = American Rugby

Too pussified to emulate real Rugby so they have to wear pads and helmets and institute rules about how players are not allowed to tackle each other unless they use their arms and cvnts

No forward pass in Smear the Queer, meaning collisions with both players running at full speed don't happen nearly as often. Rugby is basically all arm and gang tackling for the most part.

NFL players also hit with considerably more force than Rugby players.

Which country you from, Splits?

Splits
07-16-2014, 01:59 AM
The history of American football can be traced to early versions of rugby football and association football. Both games have their origin in varieties of football played in Britain in the mid-19th century, in which a football is kicked at a goal or run over a line.

Although there are mentions of Native Americans playing games, modern American football has its origins in traditional ball games played at villages and schools in Europe for many centuries before America was settled by Europeans.

Splits
07-16-2014, 02:00 AM
Which country you from, Splits?

Grew up in SA, graduated from Marshall HS and Baylor U

midnightpulp
07-16-2014, 02:04 AM

Why do you love Euro sports so much?

Floyd Pacquiao
07-16-2014, 02:06 AM
Those euro sissys never played football the way we do though.1000 page play books, 100 different offensive and defensive formations, 1000s of different strategies. Theirs nothing like the great sport of American football, nothing...

rogues
07-16-2014, 02:08 AM

Buuuuullshit. You're a foreigner with American citizenship via a Green Card. This was confirmed as was your cuckery.

:lol You're a third worlder son :downspin:

rogues
07-16-2014, 02:10 AM
You can tell who all the foreigners and third-worlders are ITT:lmao..

Splits
07-16-2014, 02:14 AM
Buuuuullshit. You're a foreigner with American citizenship via a Green Card. This was confirmed as was your cuckery.

:lol You're a third worlder son :downspin:

Says the guy who doesn't have a passport and has never traveled across the OKshitty border

Why do you love Euro sports so much?

Link? I just hate american cricket and american rugby because they are dominated by advertisements and boring to watch.

NASpurs
07-16-2014, 02:15 AM
You can tell who all the foreigners and third-worlders are ITT:lmao..

:lmao a bunch of foreigners beat your OKC Methheads

:lol dumb fucking faggot who got his account banned and Kori didn't give a shit to reinstate his account

rogues
07-16-2014, 02:16 AM
:lol Cute little retort, Ronaldinho. We all know you're a foreigner now reaping the benefits of our great country. If I could find you I'd throw back into the ocean. You'd have to swim back to your country.

Splits
07-16-2014, 02:19 AM
:lol Cute little retort, Ronaldinho. We all know you're a foreigner now reaping the benefits of our great country. If I could find you I'd throw back into the ocean. You'd have to swim back to your country.

Do you have a passport?

rogues
07-16-2014, 02:23 AM
:lmao a bunch of foreigners beat your OKC Methheads

:lol dumb fucking faggot who got his account banned and Kori didn't give a shit to reinstate his account

:lol Look at this foreigner passion. Just oozing out of the pixels from the computer screen.
:lol Keep living in your shitty third world country. And I'll keep making fun of you.
:lol One of the shittiest posters ever being here on a basketball forum for that long to prop up that shitty lawn game.

rogues
07-16-2014, 02:24 AM
Do you have a passport?

I'm homegrown American son, born and raised. I have that honor and privilege.

:lol You don't

Splits
07-16-2014, 02:27 AM
I'm homegrown American son, born and raised. I have that honor and privilege.

:lol You don't

So you don't have a passport? :lmao

Have you ever been outside the city limits of your flashing-yellow-light town?

NASpurs
07-16-2014, 02:28 AM
:lol Look at this foreigner passion. Just oozing out of the pixels from the computer screen.
:lol Keep living in your shitty third world country. And I'll keep making fun of you.
:lol One of the shittiest posters ever being here on a basketball forum for that long to prop up that shitty lawn game.

:lol me being a foreigner automatically made me better than you
:lol begging to be unbanned and no one gave a shit
:lol I asked for a Soccer forum and boom, there it was
:lol insignificant maggot can't compare to me
:lol being from Oklahoma, nothing more needs to be said

rogues
07-16-2014, 02:31 AM
So you don't have a passport? :lmao

Have you ever been outside the city limits of your flashing-yellow-light town?

:lol Are you fucking retarded? It's called birthright citizenship, Ronaldinho.

Has it ever occurred to you how much better my life is than yours just out of the fact that I'm 100% American? It must suck to be you.

rogues
07-16-2014, 02:33 AM
:lol me being a foreigner automatically made me better than you

:lol The foreigner complex rearing its ugly head once again

Splits
07-16-2014, 02:34 AM
:lol Are you fucking retarded? It's called birthright citizenship, Ronaldinho.

Has it ever occurred to you how much better my life is than yours just out of the fact that I'm 100% American? It must suck to be you.

:lmao thinking that being born in shithole methstate makes one "100% American"
:lmao so poor he can't afford a $50 passport
:lmao no income other than his parents
:lmao comments on other countries when he can't even visit them
:lmao loser of the highest order

NASpurs
07-16-2014, 02:36 AM
:lol The foreigner complex rearing its ugly head once again

:lol only replying to that, fucking insignificant faggot
:lol calls himself Big Dog to prop himself online
:lol fucking no life loser
:lol How's Shabazz working out for the Methheads?
:lol started crying like a faggot when OKC didn't draft Shabazz

rogues
07-16-2014, 02:39 AM
:lmao thinking that being born in shithole methstate makes one "100% American"
:lmao so poor he can't afford a $50 passport
:lmao no income other than his parents
:lmao comments on other countries when he can't even visit them
:lmao loser of the highest order
:lol Oklahoma >>> the third world country whose shores you swam from
:lol Lying about being from SA, along with going to high school there.
:lol Forgetting that you admitted having a green card to me after BD exposed you for being a cuck and a cockroach

rogues
07-16-2014, 02:40 AM
:lol NASpurs isn't mad, at all, tbh.
:lol I'm American, therefore, I win.

NASpurs
07-16-2014, 02:43 AM
:lol NASpurs (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=386) isn't mad, at all, tbh.
:lol I'm American, therefore, I win.

:lol selective replying
:lol still banned
:lol The Beg didn't work for the Lakers and didn't work when you did it to get unbanned
:lol Shabazz
:lol American
:lol Big Pussy
:lol toothless methhead hillbilly

rogues
07-16-2014, 02:49 AM
Boiled down::::

Me: American

You: Some bitter cat eating third worlder

I win, tee hee.

NASpurs
07-16-2014, 02:51 AM
:sleep

rogues
07-16-2014, 02:53 AM
I win.

That's what American's tend to do. :)

NASpurs
07-16-2014, 02:55 AM
I win.

That's what American's tend to do. :)

Except when they get beat by a team full of foreigners in OKC...

So... I win.

PingPong
07-16-2014, 11:23 AM
Those euro sissys never played football the way we do though.1000 page play books, 100 different offensive and defensive formations, 1000s of different strategies. Theirs nothing like the great sport of American football, nothing...

1.000 pages playbook, 100 different formatons, 1000 strategies. Theorically. In real life some old fart yelling to the dumb apes running after their counterpart guy.

scanry
07-16-2014, 11:40 AM
Says the guy who doesn't have a passport and has never traveled across the OKshitty border

Link? I just hate american cricket and american rugby because they are dominated by advertisements and boring to watch.

Couldn't care about cricket, but the rugby superbowl was watched by 115 million this year. NFL is growing fast across the world.

Clipper Nation
07-16-2014, 11:47 AM
You should probably do some research before you try to talk shit, because baseball actually evolved from an 18th century British sport known as "stoolball".... not even kidding, look it up....

Hardly a "barbarian medieval sport" :lol

Clipper Nation
07-16-2014, 11:48 AM
:lol NASpurs can always be counted on to melt down whenever anyone says anything bad about his beloved third-world povertyball....

Splits
07-16-2014, 11:51 AM
Couldn't care about cricket, but the rugby superbowl was watched by 115 million this year. NFL is growing fast across the world.

:lol no. Nobody outside the US watches american rugby. The fucking winter olympics opening ceremony got more viewers.

NASpurs
07-16-2014, 11:52 AM
:lol NASpurs can always be counted on to melt down whenever anyone says anything bad about his beloved third-world povertyball....

Owning faggots like yourself is melting down? Suuuure.

Clipper Nation
07-16-2014, 11:53 AM
:lol no. Nobody outside the US watches american rugby. The fucking winter olympics opening ceremony got more viewers.
That's because football is too manly for them.... all the inferior countries prefer sissy-ass, pussified poorball :lol

Clipper Nation
07-16-2014, 11:54 AM
Owning faggots like yourself is melting down? Suuuure.
:lol You also always claim victory in addition to melting down....

Splits
07-16-2014, 11:57 AM
That's because football is too manly for them.... all the inferior countries prefer sissy-ass, pussified poorball :lol

:cry greatest country in the world :cry

scanry

It's growing in Europe. Heck I've seen people in Singapore, China, India & South Korea have started following the sport. If they tap the Russian market, they're set.

NASpurs
:lol You also always claim victory in addition to melting down....

:lol and you always claim "meltdown" when I'm pushing your shit in. Beta like usual when someone superior owns your ass

Clipper Nation
07-16-2014, 11:59 AM
:lol and you always claim "meltdown" when I'm pushing your shit in. Beta like usual when someone superior owns your ass
:cry "I'm winning, guys! I swear!" :cry

Who knew that fat soccer players' pictures could inspire this much butthurt months later? :lol

Splits
07-16-2014, 12:02 PM
It's growing in Europe. Heck I've seen people in Singapore, China, India & South Korea have started following the sport. If they tap the Russian market, they're set.

On Super Bowl Sunday, the US might as well be on a different planet. American football’s annual crescendo is typically the country’s most watched TV show of the year, usually by a considerable margin. Last year’s edition was, by some measures, the third most viewed show (http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8913211/2013-super-bowl-falls-short-television-ratings-record) in American broadcast history.
+
But on the global stage, it’s a very different story. In 2010, the National Football League’s grand finale was for the first time usurped in viewing numbers (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8490351.stm) by European club soccer’s rough equivalent, the UEFA Champions League final. This year, with international soccer’s quadrennial centerpiece, the World Cup final, and the Winter Olympics in Sochi both on the schedule, America’s favorite sporting event could be relegated to fourth place in terms of global viewers.

+

http://img.qz.com/2014/01/projected-global-viewership-for-major-sporting-events-in-2014-live-average-audience_chartbuilder-2.png?w=640&h=241

NASpurs
07-16-2014, 12:02 PM
:cry "I'm winning, guys! I swear!" :cry

Who knew that fat soccer players' pictures could inspire this much butthurt months later? :lol

:lol Says the guy who's on this board to make friends with others and look good.
:lol You're this forum's common denominator, always going with the flow
:lol what a faggot
:lol 28,000 posts of sucking others off

Clipper Nation
07-16-2014, 12:04 PM
:lol Says the guy who's on this board to make friends with others and look good.
:lol You're this forum's common denominator, always going with the flow
:lol what a faggot
How am I "going with the flow" when most people on this site love povertyball and hate baseball and/or football? :lol

Your comebacks make no sense, tbh....

NASpurs
07-16-2014, 12:07 PM
How am I "going with the flow" when most people on this site love povertyball and hate baseball and/or football? :lol

Your comebacks make no sense, tbh....

:lol stop twisting shit around, you know this forum is more American than anything else and love American football. Stop bullshitting me.

Clipper Nation
07-16-2014, 12:09 PM
:lol stop twisting shit around, you know this forum is more American than anything else and love American football. Stop bullshitting me.
Povertyball is more liked herePERIOD

NASpurs
07-16-2014, 12:13 PM
Povertyball is more liked herePERIOD

:lol what a crock of shit

scanry
07-16-2014, 12:17 PM
You should probably do some research before you try to talk shit, because baseball actually evolved from an 18th century British sport known as "stoolball".... not even kidding, look it up....

Hardly a "barbarian medieval sport" :lol

Dude every sport in the world evolved from Britain. Be it motorsports, Soccer, Baseball, Badminton, Racket ball, Ping Pong, Tennis, Rugby, Golf, Snooker, cricket, ice hockey, boxing, polo and etc.

Not bad for a country smaller than Uzbekistan.

Clipper Nation
07-16-2014, 12:25 PM
Football: hundreds of plays with different looks, complex strategy on both sides of the ball, and that's not even considering the college game with so many innovative formations being used

Povertyball: run around, kick ball, flop

scanry
07-16-2014, 12:30 PM
For some reason soccer never interested me. I remember watching the 99 and 2003 world cup, but after that I stopped watching soccer altogether. Heck I used to watch golf and tennis on non football weekends in college. It's good that we have NFL & NBA from September to June.

scanry
07-16-2014, 12:32 PM
Football: hundreds of plays with different looks, complex strategy on both sides of the ball, and that's not even considering the college game with so many innovative formations being used

As a kid growing up, it was probably my favorite sport to play though.

Splits
07-16-2014, 12:32 PM
American Rugby: hundreds of timeouts and commercials, pussified rules, takes over 3 hours to complete a game where there is only 15 minutes of actual play and the rest filled by talking heads blabbering about turduckon

Clipper Nation
07-16-2014, 12:36 PM
:lol Soccer fan calling any other sport pussified
:lol Soccer games take 3 hours by the time the corrupt refs get done adding time onto the game to make the favored team win

scanry
07-16-2014, 12:39 PM
Cuck's going full retard tbh.

Clipper Nation
07-16-2014, 12:41 PM
As a kid growing up, it was probably my favorite sport to play though.
Povertyball is the perfect sport for little kids, tbh.... not much brainpower required to play it...

Infinite_limit
07-16-2014, 02:30 PM

American Football: Obese lards taking turns falling over and then standing around for 75% of the match

spurraider21
07-16-2014, 02:36 PM
i like how people here claim soccer is a superior sport because it involves running :lol

PingPong
07-16-2014, 04:10 PM

Superbowl is the only sports event in the world that people talk more about the tv commercials and musical gigs than the game itself....

i like how people here claim soccer is a superior sport because it involves running

If running were the key for soccer, Japan and Korea would dominate soccer. Some rare players as Zico (Br), Stojkovic (SRB) and Maradona were extremely skilled, had a fantastic court vision and high IQ Ball. But they were rare, extremely talented players.
And there are some skilled like Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Messi and athletically gifted players Christiano Ronald, Robben. Pelé probably was one of the first monkeyballers of the soccer, nig was athletically gifted for that time. But the had the skills and a great sense of opportunity. The brazilian nt was one of less talented of the last 30 years, same for the argentinians who had only Leonel Messi. Soccer is a very dynamic sport and the players create by themselves, not following coach directions step by step like football. When a team doesn't have high IQball midfielders, the team struggle a lot and probably will never be able to win a world cup or any major event.

Blizzardwizard
07-16-2014, 04:40 PM
Dude every sport in the world evolved from Britain. Be it motorsports, Soccer, Baseball, Badminton, Racket ball, Ping Pong, Tennis, Rugby, Golf, Snooker, cricket, ice hockey, boxing, polo and etc.

Not bad for a country smaller than Uzbekistan. And yet we still suck at all of these except maybe motorsports and boxing :lol

rogues
07-16-2014, 06:35 PM
American football is by far the hardest sport of all to play. Like CN said, there are tons of complex formations and strategies. Povertyball doesn't include any of that.

:lol Complex "strategies" in soccer include "parking the bus", "attack the ride or left side!," etc

Infinite_limit
07-16-2014, 06:39 PM
American football is by far the hardest sport of all to play. Like CN said, there are tons of complex formations and strategies. Povertyball doesn't include any of that.

:lol Complex "strategies" in soccer include "parking the bus", "attack the ride or left side!," etc
Moving for 11 minutes of a 2 & half hour match is hard?

http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/OB-FG885_Footba_DV_20100115010106.jpg

67 minutes - standing around
17 minutes - replays
11 minutes - actual playing time
3 seconds - cheerleaders

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/001/312/301/i3OtXsk_original.png

Only Americans are gullible enough to fall for this shit

Clipper Nation
07-16-2014, 06:42 PM
In America, soccer is the "sport" that little kids play until they get the brainpower necessary to play real sports like football and basketball :lol

:lol Povertyball fans trying to claim it's more complex than football

rogues
07-16-2014, 06:44 PM
Yeah, scoring against an 11 man team featuring the most athletic players on earth is a tough feat in and of itself. It's a wonder these offenses even score. American football has evolved so much over the decades. Can't say the same about medieval povertyball.

Daniel Sedin
07-16-2014, 06:45 PM
Yeah, scoring against an 11 man team featuring the most athletic players on earth is a tough feat in and of itself.

I agree. Which is why football completely outclasses american football.

Clipper Nation
07-16-2014, 06:45 PM
Moving for 11 minutes of a 2 & half hour match is hard?

http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/OB-FG885_Footba_DV_20100115010106.jpg

67 minutes - standing around
17 minutes - replays
11 minutes - actual playing time
3 seconds - cheerleaders

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/001/312/301/i3OtXsk_original.png

Only Americans are gullible enough to fall for this shit
We're talking about coaching and you're deflecting to TV broadcasts :lol

rogues
07-16-2014, 06:50 PM
I agree. Which is why football completely outclasses american football.
Nope Frizzell. American football is more beautiful and complex than povertyball.

Clipper Nation
07-16-2014, 07:06 PM
Nope Frizzell. American football is more beautiful and complex than povertyball.

:lol I'd be hopping on the povertyball bandwagon too if my team's quarterback was Cum Newton....

Infinite_limit
07-16-2014, 07:08 PM
Indeed, this is beautiful

http://undergroundstrengthclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Fat-NFL.jpg

spurraider21
07-16-2014, 07:10 PM

this is a man running between cones, not football

Clipper Nation

http://i.imgur.com/T92yEyJ.jpg

rogues

You would. Your love for black men and dick is documented on here.

RD2191
07-16-2014, 07:12 PM
You would. Your love for black men and dick is documented on here.

Infinite_limit
07-16-2014, 07:28 PM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3953761/lorenzen2.png

Clipper Nation
07-16-2014, 07:38 PM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3953761/lorenzen2.png
http://i.imgur.com/m9gkG2O.jpg

Infinite_limit
07-16-2014, 07:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/m9gkG2O.jpg
Those are coaches and minor league players. Find me a Fat guy in the World Cup

Clipper Nation
07-16-2014, 07:43 PM
Those are coaches and minor league players. Find me a Fat guy in the World Cup

http://i.imgur.com/axghhKL.jpg

rogues
07-16-2014, 07:46 PM
Newcastle getting dick slapped from every direction ITT

Infinite_limit
07-16-2014, 07:47 PM
Wrong but Brazil might have challenged Germany if he still started at Striker

Infinite_limit
07-16-2014, 07:48 PM
Newcastle getting dick slapped from every direction ITT
Sounds like a good ole time

nickbroken
07-16-2014, 08:01 PM
Heh this thread...

https://i.imgur.com/1Auof.gif

PingPong
07-16-2014, 11:43 PM

This isn't a soccer player. Just some supporter or coaching staff member.
Ronaldo in his last days as a professional was the fattest player I've ever seen. And he was a rare talent with tremendous skills playing in a shitty championship.

http://i.imgur.com/7ZiyqbS.jpg

Huey Freeman
07-17-2014, 01:11 AM
Some soccer players are faster than any NBA player. Most of the soccer players have better vertical than most of the NBA player. For example, Cristiano Ronaldo can reach 30.7086614 inches of vertical impulsion, Arjen Robben can reach 22.9907341 miles/hour in a sprint.
I don't like soccer, I think it make people dumb and nationalistic. But there are lots of bullshit here.

Lol this is pure bullshit tbh

A 30 inch vertical is not impressive for any professional athlete (NBA, NFL, whatever). It's ok

22 miles an hour is fast for an average man your right. For an athlete, no it's not elite speed

spurraider21
07-17-2014, 01:31 AM
:lol "vertical impulsion"

just say jump

dg7md
07-17-2014, 04:49 AM

Pretty much. It's pretty :lol about how Americans in here suggest that their sports are the only ones that count when nobody really cares about American football, baseball, or hockey outside of a few countries.

I like all sports tbh... I appreciate any and all forms of athletic display and talent.

UNCLE-DREW
07-17-2014, 05:10 AM
lol refer to a fat ronaldo

that guy in his prime was single handed the most gifted striker ever to play soccer. because of that he could still play on a decent level of soccer when he became fat.

Thebesteva
07-17-2014, 05:34 AM
Pretty much. It's pretty :lol about how Americans in here suggest that their sports are the only ones that count when nobody really cares about American football, baseball, or hockey outside of a few countries.

I like all sports tbh... I appreciate any and all forms of athletic display and talent.

I truly believe we are another 3 world cups away from being a legit contender. Once we win, Americans are going to change their tune

:cry Oh my gosh I always loved soccer its the best sport ever, its the real futbol

Clipper Nation
07-17-2014, 06:05 AM
lol refer to a fat ronaldo

that guy in his prime was single handed the most gifted striker ever to play soccer. because of that he could still play on a decent level of soccer when he became fat.
Boiled down:::it's possible for a fatass to be good at povertyball.... yet povertyball fans stick their nose up at football for the same thing :lol

dg7md
07-17-2014, 06:21 AM
I truly believe we are another 3 world cups away from being a legit contender. Once we win, Americans are going to change their tune

:cry Oh my gosh I always loved soccer its the best sport ever, its the real futbol

Definitely happening slowly but surely now. Many people talked about futbol during the World Cup, watching non-America games as well. A lot of this can be pinned to the FIFA games that a lot of kids grew up playing and they are transitioning to the real game. It's the fastest growing sport in America, too, I think. The World Cup got ratings nobody but the NFL can beat.

PingPong
07-17-2014, 07:52 AM

This Picture is from some friendly match with retired players. Like Barkley, Shaq playing around.

Lol this is pure bullshit tbh

A 30 inch vertical is not impressive for any professional athlete (NBA, NFL, whatever). It's ok

22 miles an hour is fast for an average man your right. For an athlete, no it's not elite speed

LOL, Fat potato couch without a clue. This is not the fucking monkey jump bending the knees to gain more impulse. This is a vertical impulsion, wich means straigh legs.

jag
07-17-2014, 07:55 AM

http://i.imgur.com/Ueh9u4C.jpg

Probably because other countries dont routinely dominate sports across the globe.

rogues
07-17-2014, 08:07 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Ueh9u4C.jpg

Probably because other countries dont routinely dominate sports across the globe.
This, this, this, this is ether. Now will you please shut the fuck up, foreigners and povertyball apologists?
Blizzardwizard, PingPong, Splits, 85% of the rest of the board..

Blizzardwizard
07-17-2014, 08:23 AM
:lol:lol:lol:lol

Boiled down::: Soccer > Life

Clipper Nation
07-17-2014, 08:40 AM
:lol:lol:lol:lol

Boiled down::: Soccer > Life
Choking a 3-0 lead > povertyball

Infinite_limit
07-17-2014, 02:08 PM
This, this, this, this is ether. Now will you please shut the fuck up, foreigners and povertyball apologists?
Blizzardwizard (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=42696), PingPong (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=29755), Splits (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=24583), 85% of the rest of the board..
2nd best in North America

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac255/kegstermd/winterolympics_zps47ec8b22.png

midnightpulp
07-17-2014, 02:10 PM
2nd best in North America

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac255/kegstermd/winterolympics_zps47ec8b22.png

An American won 2 golds for Russia.

That's how great we are. We even win golds for other countries. :)

KoolAid Mans Brother
07-17-2014, 02:27 PM
:lmaoSoccer

:lmaoFaggots who get all butthurt when people talk bad about this shit game

:cry"Please watch and care about soccer, it's the world's most popular sport"

:lmao3rd world country lawn game for poor people

:lmao0-0 ties and games decided by a penalty kicks where people stand 5 feet from the goal with a helpless goalie in front of them

:lmaoPeople from other countries who hang out on this USA website with an inferiority complex

:lmaoAnyone who actually think that soccer is anything close to NFL or NBA as far as skillset, athletic ability, and entertainment value

:lmaoMorons who think that the USA couldn't dominate soccer if they actually gave a shit about it and chose to

:lmaoSo much butthurt by certain users on this website

Infinite_limit
07-17-2014, 02:33 PM
:lmaoSoccer

:lmaoFaggots who get all butthurt when people talk bad about this shit game

:cry"Please watch and care about soccer, it's the world's most popular sport"

:lmao3rd world country lawn game for poor people

:lmao0-0 ties and games decided by a penalty kicks where people stand 5 feet from the goal with a helpless goalie in front of them

:lmaoPeople from other countries who hang out on this USA website with an inferiority complex

:lmaoAnyone who actually think that soccer is anything close to NFL or NBA as far as skillset, athletic ability, and entertainment value

:lmaoMorons who think that the USA couldn't dominate soccer if they actually gave a shit about it and chose to

:lmaoSo much butthurt by certain users on this website
http://www.ussoccer.com/~/media/images/fan-activities/usmntra061614117.jpg

http://cbschicago.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/grant-park-viewing-party-world-cup.jpg

KoolAid Mans Brother
07-17-2014, 02:38 PM
:lmao ^Oh look, USA cares about soccer for 5 minutes every 4 years during the World Cup. And now we can go back to 4 more years of watching SportsCenter with a total of 5 minutes of soccer coverage until 2018 while we focus on sports that we actually care about.

Infinite_limit
07-17-2014, 02:43 PM
:lmao ^Oh look, USA cares about soccer for 5 minutes every 4 years during the World Cup. And now we can go back to 4 more years of watching SportsCenter with a total of 5 minutes of soccer coverage until 2018 while we focus on sports that we actually care about.
You watch Sportscenter?

Embarrassing

KoolAid Mans Brother
07-17-2014, 02:47 PM
You watch Sportscenter?

Embarrassing

You think a bunch of spics, be@ners, and flopping Euro faggots running around for 90 minutes trying to kick a ball in a goal is the best sport in the world?

Embarrassing

Henrik Sedin
07-17-2014, 02:48 PM
You think a bunch of spics, be@ners, and flopping Euro faggots running around for 90 minutes trying to kick a ball in a goal is the best sport in the world?

Embarrassing

Are you missing a chromosome?

rogues
07-17-2014, 02:50 PM
Are you missing a chromosome?
One of the worst attempts at trolling, logging in and out of that other account for backhanding. Good god, Frizzell. At least be a philo, this is embarrassing.

Infinite_limit
07-17-2014, 02:54 PM

Embarrassing
I'll side with the majority of this Globe

Daniel Sedin
07-17-2014, 02:55 PM
One of the worst attempts at trolling, logging in and out of that other account for backhanding. Good god, Frizzell. At least be a philo, this is embarrassing.

What are you talking about?

Clipper Nation
07-17-2014, 03:01 PM
:lol Creating another account strictly to laugh at and back up your own "sick burns" (because nobody else will)
:lol Fan of flopping faggot Euros in povertyball honoring two flopping faggot Euros in hockey
:lol Actually enjoying povertyball

Henrik Sedin
07-17-2014, 03:02 PM
What are you talking about?

Deflection from their horrid opinions.

Nothing but a set of wankers that were not talented enough to play football as kids.