PDA

View Full Version : Leaving AA

Fabbs
07-14-2014, 10:05 AM
I remember when Chuck Sheen was in his spat with Two and a Half Men producer Chuck Lorre and the Happy Merchant company Warner Bros.
Addiction recovery issues came up, as obviously Charlie was and is. Sheen claimed he was going to help himself thru some South American getaway called out AA as a farce that only helps 5%.
Low and behold, Dr. Drew confirmed Sheens stats about AA.

Which brings up the group, "Leaving AA".
Welcome to “Leaving AA” Alcoholics Anonymous
http://leavingaa.com/welcome-to-leaving-aa-alcoholics-anonymous-or-narcotics-anonymous/
Interesting.

I've never been to an AA meeting, but i did have a distant relative call on the phone once to try and recruit me. I was left with the impression they get financial and/or brownie points for getting new members to join. My other experience is with a higher up AA guy who honestly, makes issues of anything and is full of shit most of the time. Other times he is right on and to be commended for getting topics on the table.

I am not here to diss AA, to me simply getting addiction, abuse, related issues up for conversation is in and of itself a part of the healing process. That having been said.....

Discuss.

cantthinkofanything
07-14-2014, 10:44 AM
No sexual harassment, no bullying, no homophobic slurs, no threats allowed ever

Seems like a non starter for SpursTalk members