PDA

View Full Version : The media is ridiculously one sided on the Israel-Palestine conflict

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jacob1983
07-15-2014, 03:39 AM
Yeah, I know why but damn it's just pathetic and blatantly obvious. Pretty much propaganda if you ask me but hey that's how we roll. And I know old news but it has to be at an all time high.

Infinite_limit
07-15-2014, 04:10 AM
Increase in social media has trickled down the truth to the masses. Israel no longer gets a pass like they did 20 years ago. But this has also exposed the USA foreign policy

pgardn
07-15-2014, 08:39 AM
Yeah, I know why but damn it's just pathetic and blatantly obvious. Pretty much propaganda if you ask me but hey that's how we roll. And I know old news but it has to be at an all time high.

You know Eurpoean papers put out English versions.

So give me a news source you find to be unbiased?
Nazis like Infinite Limit read what they want to be told.
Never trust a Nazi to give you the truth, their lifeblood is prapoganda.

pgardn
07-15-2014, 08:50 AM
And the feigned outrage over the plight of the Palestinians is amusing.
From the same group that finds Mexicans to be dirty little people.

boutons_deux
07-15-2014, 09:24 AM
And the feigned outrage over the plight of the Palestinians is amusing.
From the same group that finds Mexicans to be dirty little people.

"dirty little people's" problem is that they don't have AIPAC's or financial/Hollywood sectors' $100Ms to buy the support of Congress whores (nor do Human-Americans, whose votes are mostly ignored in policies and laws).

pgardn
07-15-2014, 09:31 AM
"dirty little people's" problem is that they don't have AIPAC's or financial/Hollywood sectors' $100Ms to buy the support of Congress whores (nor do Human-Americans, whose votes are mostly ignored in policies and laws).

True.

But it still does not change the disingenuous outrage of Nazis concerning the Palestians.

Winehole23
07-15-2014, 10:21 AM
In the flood of angry words that poured out of Israel and Gaza during a week of spiraling violence, few statements were more blunt, or more telling, than this throwaway line by the chief spokesman of the Israeli military, Brigadier General Moti Almoz, speaking July 8 on Army Radio’s morning show: “We have been instructed by the political echelon to hit Hamas hard.”

That’s unusual language for a military mouthpiece. Typically they spout lines like “We will take all necessary actions” or “The state of Israel will defend its citizens.” You don’t expect to hear: “This is the politicians’ idea. They’re making us do it.”
Admittedly, demurrals on government policy by Israel’s top defense brass, once virtually unthinkable, have become almost routine in the Netanyahu era. Usually, though, there’s some measure of subtlety or discretion. This particular interview was different. Where most disagreements involve policies that might eventually lead to some future unnecessary war, this one was about an unnecessary war they were now stumbling into.

Spokesmen don’t speak for themselves. Almoz was expressing a frustration that was building in the army command for nearly a month, since the June 12 kidnapping of three Israeli yeshiva boys. The crime set off a chain of events in which Israel gradually lost control of the situation, finally ending up on the brink of a war that nobody wanted — not the army, not the government, not even the enemy, Hamas.

The frustration had numerous causes. Once the boys’ disappearance was known, troops began a massive, 18-day search-and-rescue operation, entering thousands of homes, arresting and interrogating hundreds of individuals, racing against the clock. Only on July 1, after the boys’ bodies were found, did the truth come out: The government had known almost from the beginning that the boys were dead. It maintained the fiction that it hoped to find them alive as a pretext to dismantle Hamas’ West Bank operations.

The initial evidence was the recording of victim Gilad Shaer’s desperate cellphone call to Moked 100, Israel’s 911. When the tape reached the security services the next morning — neglected for hours by Moked 100 staff — the teen was heard whispering “They’ve kidnapped me” (“hatfu oti”) followed by shouts of “Heads down,” then gunfire, two groans, more shots, then singing in Arabic. That evening searchers found the kidnappers’ abandoned, torched Hyundai, with eight bullet holes and the boys’ DNA. There was no doubt.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu immediately placed a gag order on the deaths. Journalists who heard rumors were told the Shin Bet wanted the gag order to aid the search. For public consumption, the official word was that Israel was “acting on the assumption that they’re alive.” It was, simply put, a lie.
Read more: http://forward.com/articles/201764/how-politics-and-lies-triggered-an-unintended-war/?p=all#ixzz37YCksQGd

Winehole23
07-15-2014, 10:22 AM
Nor was that the only fib. It was clear from the beginning that the kidnappers weren’t acting on orders from Hamas leadership in Gaza or Damascus. Hamas’ Hebron branch — more a crime family than a clandestine organization — had a history of acting without the leaders’ knowledge, sometimes against their interests. Yet Netanyahu repeatedly insisted Hamas was responsible for the crime and would pay for it.

This put him in a ticklish position. His rhetoric raised expectations that after demolishing Hamas in the West Bank he would proceed to Gaza. Hamas in Gaza began preparing for it. The Israeli right — settler leaders, hardliners in his own party — began demanding it.

But Netanyahu had no such intention. The last attack on Gaza, the eight-day Operation Pillar of Defense in November 2012, targeted Hamas leaders and taught a sobering lesson. Hamas hadn’t fired a single rocket since, and had largely suppressed fire by smaller jihadi groups. Rocket firings, averaging 240 per month in 2007, dropped to five per month in 2013. Neither side had any desire to end the détente. Besides, whatever might replace Hamas in Gaza could only be worse.

The kidnapping and crackdown upset the balance. In Israel, grief and anger over the boys’ disappearance grew steadily as the fabricated mystery stretched into a second and third week. Rallies and prayer meetings were held across the country and in Jewish communities around the world. The mothers were constantly on television. One addressed the United Nations in Geneva to plead for her son’s return. Jews everywhere were in anguish over the unceasing threat of barbaric Arab terror plaguing Israel.

This, too, was misleading. The last seven years have been the most tranquil in Israel’s history. Terror attacks are a fraction of the level during the nightmare intifada years — just six deaths in all of 2013. But few notice. The staged agony of the kidnap search created, probably unintentionally, what amounts to a mass, worldwide attack of post-traumatic stress flashback.
same

TE
07-15-2014, 10:25 AM
No shit. And this is coming from somebody who could give two shits about arguing and siding in politics/media relations.

pgardn
07-15-2014, 03:13 PM
same

So efforts were made to find the kidnappers.

The most relevant event occurring BEFORE the recent outbreak is Sisi taking power and shutting the supply lines and support of Hamas.

Infinite_limit
07-15-2014, 03:28 PM
So efforts were made to find the kidnappers.

The most relevant event occurring BEFORE the recent outbreak is Sisi taking power and shutting the supply lines and support of Hamas.
LOL @ starting a War over the kidnapping of 3 regular citizens. Good thing Israel doesn't border Nigeria or Mexico

pgardn
07-15-2014, 04:29 PM
LOL @ starting a War over the kidnapping of 3 regular citizens. Good thing Israel doesn't border Nigeria or Mexico

Starting a war...

Do you have any idea how long this war has been going on?

Infinite_limit
07-15-2014, 04:54 PM
Starting a war...

Do you have any idea how long this war has been going on?
Good point. Starting the slaughter of 200 innocent people

Why couldn't the Germans finish the job?

pgardn
07-15-2014, 05:01 PM

Because they got bloed up?
They had a hot time in Dresden?

Infinite_limit
07-15-2014, 05:02 PM
Because they got bloed up?
They had a hot time in Dresden?
Good point and now we have

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/426/096/6af.png

pgardn
07-15-2014, 05:07 PM
Good point and now we have

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/426/096/6af.png

Sure we do...

Jews live in your closet and come out of your closet at night.
You gotta lotta baggage, Nazi.

Jacob1983
07-15-2014, 10:29 PM
I just think the media sides with Israel. You always hear about the death count in Israel but never about the death count in the West Bank or Gaza Strip. I know Palestine isn't innocent but innocent people die there too. Not every Palestinian is firing rockets or killing Israelis. Both sides have losses of life and blood on their hands.

m>s
07-15-2014, 10:34 PM
I just think the media sides with Israel. You always hear about the death count in Israel but never about the death count in the West Bank or Gaza Strip. I know Palestine isn't innocent but innocent people die there too. Not every Palestinian is firing rockets or killing Israelis. Both sides have losses of life and blood on their hands.
it's not that the media sides with them, they ARE the media. it's something like 98% jewish owned. only fox is owned and run by gentiles.

Jacob1983
07-15-2014, 10:50 PM
I know but it's just pathetic and blatantly obvious that it's propaganda. If you say that then you are called antisemitic. It's like Palestine=bad and Israel=good.

pgardn
07-15-2014, 11:44 PM

The death count in Israel just reached 1 Jacob.

Im glad you were keeping up with zero, zero, zero... And the guy who died was helping feed Israeli soldiers just today. The Palestinian death and injured account is in most large US papers everyday. And it's huge compared to Israel's. But you have to try something other than the comic section.

Please say your are a teenager Jacob.

Infinite_limit
07-16-2014, 12:12 AM
I know but it's just pathetic and blatantly obvious that it's propaganda. If you say that then you are called antisemitic. It's like Palestine=bad and Israel=good.
Why do you think events like 9/11 occur? Because the USA backs & funds these radicals to murder 200 innocent people in the span of 5 days

pgardn
07-16-2014, 12:38 AM
Why do you think events like 9/11 occur? Because the USA backs & funds these radicals to murder 200 innocent people in the span of 5 days

Deeper.

Its total rejection of a Western values.
You know the scantily clad women in SS uniforms you like so much.
Well, you can't do that stuff in a fundamentalist society.

And your grief for the Palestinians is touching, and total BS.

Jacob1983
07-16-2014, 03:34 AM
I know I'm beating a dead horse but this shit is just mind boggling. I know it's true but fuck, this is propaganda and no one ever gets called out on it.

Shastafarian
07-16-2014, 06:45 AM
lol Every single major news organization has reported the number of Palestinian dead. How about we talk about Hamas rejecting a cease-fire brokered by Egypt? One that Isreal had agreed to. What about that?

pgardn
07-16-2014, 10:35 AM
For jacob

A graphic is in the article so you can keep up with the deaths:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/17/world/middleeast/israel-gaza-strip.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&version=LedeSum&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

boutons_deux
07-16-2014, 10:47 AM
I just think the media sides with Israel.

The corporate media sides with the federal govt, no matter what, just like in the run up to the Iraq war.

The corporate media only talks about US deaths, injuries never about the deaths, injuries, suffering the US visits on it Imperial/Corporate victims.

pgardn
07-16-2014, 10:51 AM
The corporate media sides with the federal govt, no matter what, just like in the run up to the Iraq war.

The corporate media only talks about US deaths, injuries never about the deaths, injuries, suffering the US visits on it Imperial/Corporate victims.

Well then all the articles should simply talk about a cease fire.
But they don't.

boutons_deux
07-16-2014, 11:20 AM
Well then all the articles should simply talk about a cease fire.
But they don't.

Israel's brutality is repulsive, sickening, but NO MORE SO THAN than the USA bombing Afghanistan WEDDING PARTIES, multiple times, and other "collateral damage" to non-combattants.

Before you self-righteous assholes condemn Israel, take a look at the US ongoing, unending disasters in VN, Afghanistan, Iraq.

pgardn
07-16-2014, 11:53 AM
Israel's brutality is repulsive, sickening, but NO MORE SO THAN than the USA bombing Afghanistan WEDDING PARTIES, multiple times, and other "collateral damage" to non-combattants.

Before you self-righteous assholes condemn Israel, take a look at the US ongoing, unending disasters in VN, Afghanistan, Iraq.

So how do you feel about Hamas?

boutons_deux
07-16-2014, 11:59 AM
So how do you feel about Hamas?

Hamas, a proxy for Syria and Iran, should stop firing rockets that bring Israeli hellfire down on the strip.

pgardn
07-16-2014, 11:59 AM

Like these places were not brutal before.

So you liked what the Taliban was doing to women before the US got involved? You think afgh.. Was peaceful? Iraq?
WE royally screwed up a royally screwed up situation. Get real boots, we tripped a wire that led to a huge amount of pent up hatred bomb. The potential energy of the hatred already present was enormous.

Read some history.

pgardn
07-16-2014, 12:02 PM
Hamas, a proxy for Syria and Iran, should stop firing rockets that bring Israeli hellfire down on the strip.

Syria is in shambles. Past tense proxy. Proxy for who in Syria now?

Btw we stayed out of Syria, so it turned into a travelers paradise?

pgardn
07-16-2014, 12:07 PM

Hamas gains leverage by these human sacrifices. They won't stop till the Israeli brutality reaches sufficient levels to bring them aid and more rockets in the future. They are fodder to sting Israel. No one in the Arab world wants Palestians, they have caused to much trouble. Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, all reject taking them in. And have done so for many years.

FuzzyLumpkins
07-16-2014, 02:32 PM
I know I'm beating a dead horse but this shit is just mind boggling. I know it's true but fuck, this is propaganda and no one ever gets called out on it.

You to this point have given the example of said bias in the body counts and that assertion was recently trounced with you doing nothing to respond. At this point you are losing the argument. You are just assuming it's true anyway but your inability to present examples in what is supposedly blatant is pretty damning to your argument.

I am big on empirical truth. Try providing some.

boutons_deux
07-16-2014, 02:57 PM

no, Syria is still run by Assad, and Assad/Iran are still supplying Hamas. Assad, and his father before, also dick around in Lebanon to fight the Christians.

damn right, we stayed out of Syria.

and should have stayed out of VN, Afghanistan, Iraq.

Muslims vs Hindus, check

Muslims vs Christians, check

Muslims vs Jews, check

Muslims vs Muslims, check

mercos
07-16-2014, 03:57 PM

Son you must have some severe ADD. The Palestinian death count is plastered EVERYWHERE. That has been the headline since this recent conflict started, despite the fact that Hamas is to blame for firing rockets that are aimed at innocent civilians. At least Israel is trying to minimize civilian deaths. Let's be clear, Israel is a nuclear armed power. They could wipe Gaza off the face of the Earth if they so pleased, and there is not much anyone who would do about it.

If the Palestinians want to stop their hospitals and schools from getting hit by missiles, stop letting terrorists fire rockets from them.

boutons_deux
07-16-2014, 03:58 PM
If the Palestinians want to stop their hospitals and schools from getting hit by missiles, stop letting terrorists fire rockets from them.

I don't think Palestinians have any control of Hamas, like Americans have no control of NSA.

angrydude
07-16-2014, 04:21 PM

We stayed out of Syria....but our weapons sure didn't.

mercos
07-16-2014, 04:53 PM
I don't think Palestinians have any control of Hamas, like Americans have no control of NSA.

The people of Gaza voted them into power. Hell, the people in West Bank have been recorded celebrating the firing of rockets against Israeli citizens. I feel for the children, who did nothing to bring this upon themselves, but many of the adults in Gaza are getting what they voted for.

DarrinS
07-16-2014, 06:06 PM
The people of Gaza voted them into power. Hell, the people in West Bank have been recorded celebrating the firing of rockets against Israeli citizens. I feel for the children, who did nothing to bring this upon themselves, but many of the adults in Gaza are getting what they voted for.

They celebrated 9/11 too

Infinite_limit
07-16-2014, 07:02 PM
They celebrated 9/11 too
Who didn't?

pgardn
07-16-2014, 11:19 PM
no, Syria is still run by Assad

No Syria is not run by Assad.
No one runs Syria.

Jacob1983
07-17-2014, 12:51 AM
Can't you at least agree that media has a Palestine=bad and Israel=good bias?

FuzzyLumpkins
07-17-2014, 12:59 AM

can you at least agree that painting the hundreds of new outlets all with the same brush is for the simpleminded?

Jacob1983
07-17-2014, 01:09 AM
Maybe so. Mainstream media is a joke.

Infinite_limit
07-17-2014, 01:20 AM
Didn't surprise me. Just like you don't hear about under age sex in Hollywood because Jews run it.

Jacob1983
07-17-2014, 01:43 AM
Hasn't it been proven that Israel's rockets are like a million times more powerful and deadly than the rockets of Hamas in the Gaza Strip? Israel has nukes. Does Hamas have nukes? Yeah, I'm not saying Palestine is right or innocent but both sides have blood on their hands. And didn't the Israelis steal some of the land from the Palestinians?

Infinite_limit
07-17-2014, 02:26 AM
Hasn't it been proven that Israel's rockets are like a million times more powerful and deadly than the rockets of Hamas in the Gaza Strip? Israel has nukes. Does Hamas have nukes? Yeah, I'm not saying Palestine is right or innocent but both sides have blood on their hands. And didn't the Israelis steal some of the land from the Palestinians?
USA is butt buddies with Israel. You aren't going to receive the full story. My sister posted on Fbook

http://scgnews.com/the-gaza-bombardment-what-youre-not-being-told
The Gaza Bombardment - What You're Not Being Told

Infinite_limit
07-17-2014, 02:57 AM
I'll Cliff-Notes the link

- Israel's official justification for this wholesale slaughter: the murder of three Israeli teenagers which Israel blames on Hamas. That's not the real reason. First of all Israel has not produced one single piece of evidence implicating Hamas or even a Palestinian in the murders, and in fact the the evidence we do have indicates that that murderers were Israeli. You see on Tuesday July 1st, The Jerusalem Post released the audio of the kidnapped teen's distress call to police, (http://www.jpost.com/Operation-Brothers-Keeper/Recording-of-distress-call-to-police-by-kidnapped-teen-released-361169) and in that call the kidnappers can be heard telling the boys to put their heads down in HEBREW. According to the Jerusalem Post prior to being leaked to the public this audio was being held under a gag order by the Israeli government.

- What this is really about is natural gas.It turns out that Gaza has quite a bit of natural gas on its coastline. One of the largest sources in the region. British Gas, which holds a joint exploration agreement for the area estimates that the fields hold at least 1 trillion cubic feet of gas. (http://www.bg-group.com/260/where-we-work/areas-of-palestinian-authority-/) That gas belongs to the Palestinian people and they should be the ones to benefit from it. Israel disagrees. (http://www.theguardian.com/environment/earth-insight/2014/jul/09/israel-war-gaza-palestine-natural-gas-energy-crisis)

After the death of Yasser Arafat, under questionable circumstances (http://www.aljazeera.com/investigations/killing-arafat/swiss-french-arafat-conclusion-debatable-201312515585837332.html), Israel has controlled those fields, and British Gas has negotiated with Tel Aviv.

With power divided between the Palestinian Authority and Hamas, the Palestinians have been too weak to put up any meaningful ,resistance and Israel would like to keep it that way. The Unity Government between Hamas and the Palestinian Authority threatens Israel's control of those fields, and as such it has to be destroyed.

- The bombing heavily populated residential areas is a war crime, and the U.S. government is funding it with your tax dollars. That's right. Israel receives over 3 billion dollars in foreign aid from the U.S. each year. (But hey, it's not like the American people actually need that money, the national debt is only 17 trillion dollars.)

- Israel isn't defending itself against the Palestinians any more than the Europeans were defending themselves against the natives of the Americas. Year after year the Israelis have taken more Palestinian land, bulldozed more homes, set up new settlements, and systematically expelled the inhabitants. You can make up justifications or deny it all you want, but the maps don't lie.
http://d56amtpp2y9sx.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/imagecache/full_page_image/inline_image_uploads/palestinian-loss-of-land-1946-2010.jpg
This isn't defense, this is ethnic cleansing.

Infinite_limit
07-17-2014, 03:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K_w3d6vRgQ#t=124

Jacob1983
07-17-2014, 04:05 AM
I thought the West Bank was still Palestine?

TDMVPDPOY
07-17-2014, 07:12 AM
apparently 1 missile wasnt enough to kill 4 boys on a coastal beach, instead the jews shot a few more just to make sure they got all 4 dead

lol jews

pgardn
07-17-2014, 10:02 AM
This is great fun now.

The Nazi is attempting to indoctrinate the great minds of the board.
Pretending he cares about Palestianians...
:wakeup

pgardn
07-17-2014, 10:05 AM
I'll Cliff-Notes the link

- Israel's official justification for this wholesale slaughter: the murder of three Israeli teenagers which Israel blames on Hamas. That's not the real reason. First of all Israel has not produced one single piece of evidence implicating Hamas or even a Palestinian in the murders, and in fact the the evidence we do have indicates that that murderers were Israeli. You see on Tuesday July 1st, The Jerusalem Post released the audio of the kidnapped teen's distress call to police, (http://www.jpost.com/Operation-Brothers-Keeper/Recording-of-distress-call-to-police-by-kidnapped-teen-released-361169) and in that call the kidnappers can be heard telling the boys to put their heads down in HEBREW. According to the Jerusalem Post prior to being leaked to the public this audio was being held under a gag order by the Israeli government.

- What this is really about is natural gas.It turns out that Gaza has quite a bit of natural gas on its coastline. One of the largest sources in the region. British Gas, which holds a joint exploration agreement for the area estimates that the fields hold at least 1 trillion cubic feet of gas. (http://www.bg-group.com/260/where-we-work/areas-of-palestinian-authority-/) That gas belongs to the Palestinian people and they should be the ones to benefit from it. Israel disagrees. (http://www.theguardian.com/environment/earth-insight/2014/jul/09/israel-war-gaza-palestine-natural-gas-energy-crisis)

After the death of Yasser Arafat, under questionable circumstances (http://www.aljazeera.com/investigations/killing-arafat/swiss-french-arafat-conclusion-debatable-201312515585837332.html), Israel has controlled those fields, and British Gas has negotiated with Tel Aviv.

With power divided between the Palestinian Authority and Hamas, the Palestinians have been too weak to put up any meaningful ,resistance and Israel would like to keep it that way. The Unity Government between Hamas and the Palestinian Authority threatens Israel's control of those fields, and as such it has to be destroyed.

- The bombing heavily populated residential areas is a war crime, and the U.S. government is funding it with your tax dollars. That's right. Israel receives over 3 billion dollars in foreign aid from the U.S. each year. (But hey, it's not like the American people actually need that money, the national debt is only 17 trillion dollars.)

- Israel isn't defending itself against the Palestinians any more than the Europeans were defending themselves against the natives of the Americas. Year after year the Israelis have taken more Palestinian land, bulldozed more homes, set up new settlements, and systematically expelled the inhabitants. You can make up justifications or deny it all you want, but the maps don't lie.
http://d56amtpp2y9sx.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/imagecache/full_page_image/inline_image_uploads/palestinian-loss-of-land-1946-2010.jpg

Lets use 1946 as the starting point for Germany... Shit we took part of Berlin from the Russians, ethnic cleansing.
Give it back.

mercos
07-17-2014, 11:49 AM

Given all that knowledge about Israeli weaponry, would it not be wise for Hamas to stop blindly firing rockets into Israel and picking a fight?

Infinite_limit
07-17-2014, 01:06 PM
This is great fun now.

The Nazi is attempting to indoctrinate the great minds of the board.
Pretending he cares about Palestianians...
:wakeup
Current day Jews are worse than 1940's Nazis

pgardn
07-17-2014, 01:17 PM

Your paranoia is well established.
The Jews are in the theatre, the banks, and Sandy Koufax threw fastballs at the heads of Nazi MLBers...

Infinite_limit
07-17-2014, 01:49 PM
Your paranoia is well established.
The Jews are in the theatre, the banks, and Sandy Koufax threw fastballs at the heads of Nazi MLBers...
What's the genocide death count today?

mercos
07-17-2014, 02:09 PM

Shock troll fail.

Infinite_limit
07-17-2014, 02:50 PM
NBC News Pulls Veteran Reporter from Gaza After Witnessing Israeli Attack on Children

https://prod01-cdn00.cdn.firstlook.org/wp-uploads/sites/1/2014/07/hospital-inset.jpg

Ayman Mohyeldin, the NBC News correspondent who personally witnessed yesterday’s killing by Israel of four Palestinian boys (http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/middle-east-unrest/innocent-gone-israeli-strike-gaza-kills-four-children-n157301) on a Gazan beach and who has received widespread praise (http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/tv/z-on-tv-blog/bal-tv-reporters-gaza-israel-warfare-20140716,0,5445863.story) for his brave and innovative coverage of the conflict, has been told by NBC executives to leave Gaza immediately.

NBC sent another correspondent, Richard Engel, along with an American producer who has never been to Gaza and speaks no Arabic, into Gaza to cover the ongoing Israeli assault (both Mohyeldin and Engel speak Arabic).

Yesterday, Mohyeldin witnessed and then reported on (http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/middle-east-unrest/innocent-gone-israeli-strike-gaza-kills-four-children-n157301) the brutal killing by Israeli gunboats of four young boys as they played soccer on a beach in Gaza City.

Last week, as he passed over the border from Israel, he said while reporting (http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/ayman-mohyeldin-crosses-gaza-border-n152681) that “you can understand why some human rights organizations call Gaza ‘the world’s largest outdoor prison,’”; he added: “One of the major complaints and frustrations among many people is that this is a form of collective punishment. You have 1.7 million people in this territory, now being bombarded, with really no way out.”

pgardn
07-17-2014, 04:36 PM
NBC News Pulls Veteran Reporter from Gaza After Witnessing Israeli Attack on Children

https://prod01-cdn00.cdn.firstlook.org/wp-uploads/sites/1/2014/07/hospital-inset.jpg

Ayman Mohyeldin, the NBC News correspondent who personally witnessed yesterday’s killing by Israel of four Palestinian boys (http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/middle-east-unrest/innocent-gone-israeli-strike-gaza-kills-four-children-n157301) on a Gazan beach and who has received widespread praise (http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/tv/z-on-tv-blog/bal-tv-reporters-gaza-israel-warfare-20140716,0,5445863.story) for his brave and innovative coverage of the conflict, has been told by NBC executives to leave Gaza immediately.

NBC sent another correspondent, Richard Engel, along with an American producer who has never been to Gaza and speaks no Arabic, into Gaza to cover the ongoing Israeli assault (both Mohyeldin and Engel speak Arabic).

Yesterday, Mohyeldin witnessed and then reported on (http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/middle-east-unrest/innocent-gone-israeli-strike-gaza-kills-four-children-n157301) the brutal killing by Israeli gunboats of four young boys as they played soccer on a beach in Gaza City.

Last week, as he passed over the border from Israel, he said while reporting (http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/ayman-mohyeldin-crosses-gaza-border-n152681) that “you can understand why some human rights organizations call Gaza ‘the world’s largest outdoor prison,’”; he added: “One of the major complaints and frustrations among many people is that this is a form of collective punishment. You have 1.7 million people in this territory, now being bombarded, with really no way out.”

Like you care...

Crocodilian Nazi tears.

The Reckoning
07-17-2014, 08:01 PM
if i were palestinian i would get the fuck out of there and move to egypt.

pgardn
07-17-2014, 08:30 PM
if i were palestinian i would get the fuck out of there and move to egypt.

They don't want Palestians.

The neighbors don't want the problems associated with a very poor people.
Same with Jordan, Lebanon...

pgardn
07-17-2014, 08:50 PM
The ground campaign ensues.

Very_Limited gets to see more Israeli deaths now.

RandomGuy
07-17-2014, 08:58 PM

Yeah. It is shocking how much of a pass israel gets.

Jacob1983
07-17-2014, 11:21 PM
Gaza Strip is fucked. If you are a citizen there, you're basically screwed. Can't go West, East, South, or North.

pgardn
07-17-2014, 11:30 PM
Gaza Strip is fucked. If you are a citizen there, you're basically screwed. Can't go West, East, South, or North.

Yep.

Very sad. Born in a horrible place.

Jacob1983
07-17-2014, 11:45 PM
Over a million people on that tiny piece of land. Isn't the population density there like NYC?

Infinite_limit
07-18-2014, 12:11 AM
Yep.

Very sad. Born in a horrible place.
OR

USA/UK placed scorned blood hungry ex European-Jews on their land and supplied them with weapons, money and intelligence to destabilize the region.

pgardn
07-18-2014, 08:20 AM
OR

USA/UK placed scorned blood hungry ex European-Jews on their land and supplied them with weapons, money and intelligence to destabilize the region.

Blood hungry...

Why were the Jews blood hungry?

DarrinS
07-18-2014, 11:29 AM

As opposed to Israel? Not a single enemy on any of their borders. :lol

DarrinS
07-18-2014, 11:32 AM
Stop firing rockets from Gaza and there will be peace.

"Dealing w/ Hamas is like dealing w/ a crazy woman who’s trying to kill u – u can only hold her wrists so long before you have to slap her." -Bill Maher

DarrinS
07-18-2014, 11:38 AM
Moral clarity in Gaza

Israel accepts an Egyptian-proposed Gaza cease-fire; Hamas keeps firing. Hamas deliberately aims rockets at civilians; Israel painstakingly tries to avoid them, actually telephoning civilians in the area and dropping warning charges, so-called roof knocking.

“Here’s the difference between us,” explains the Israeli prime minister. “We’re using missile defense to protect our civilians, and they’re using their civilians to protect their missiles.”

Rarely does international politics present a moment of such moral clarity. Yet we routinely hear this Israel-Gaza fighting described as a morally equivalent “cycle of violence.” This is absurd. What possible interest can Israel have in cross-border fighting? Everyone knows Hamas set off this mini-war. And everyone knows the proudly self-declared raison d’etre of Hamas: the eradication of Israel and its Jews.

Apologists for Hamas attribute the blood lust to the Israeli occupation and blockade. Occupation? Does no one remember anything? It was less than 10 years ago that worldwide television showed the Israeli army pulling die-hard settlers off synagogue roofs in Gaza as Israel uprooted its settlements, expelled its citizens, withdrew its military and turned every inch of Gaza over to the Palestinians. There was not a soldier, not a settler, not a single Israeli left in Gaza.

And there was no blockade. On the contrary. Israel wanted this new Palestinian state to succeed. To help the Gaza economy, Israel gave the Palestinians its 3,000 greenhouses that had produced fruit and flowers for export. It opened border crossings and encouraged commerce.

The whole idea was to establish the model for two states living peacefully and productively side by side. No one seems to remember that, simultaneous with the Gaza withdrawal, Israel dismantled four smaller settlements in the northern West Bank as a clear signal of Israel’s desire to leave the West Bank as well and thus achieve an amicable two-state solution.

This is not ancient history. This was nine years ago.

And how did the Gaza Palestinians react to being granted by the Israelis what no previous ruler, neither Egyptian, nor British, nor Turkish, had ever given them — an independent territory? First, they demolished the greenhouses. Then they elected Hamas. Then, instead of building a state with its attendant political and economic institutions, they spent the better part of a decade turning Gaza into a massive military base, brimming with terror weapons, to make ceaseless war on Israel.

Where are the roads and rail, the industry and infrastructure of the new Palestinian state? Nowhere. Instead, they built mile upon mile of underground tunnels to hide their weapons and, when the going gets tough, their military commanders. They spent millions importing and producing rockets, launchers, mortars, small arms, even drones. They deliberately placed them in schools, hospitals, mosques and private homes to better expose their own civilians. (Just Thursday, the U.N. announced that it found 20 rockets in a Gaza school.) And from which they fire rockets at Jerusalem and Tel Aviv.

Why? The rockets can’t even inflict serious damage, being almost uniformly intercepted by Israel’s Iron Dome anti-missile system. Even West Bank leader Mahmoud Abbas has asked: “What are you trying to achieve by sending rockets?”

It makes no sense. Unless you understand, as Tuesday’s Post editorial explained, that the whole point is to draw Israeli counterfire.

This produces dead Palestinians for international television. Which is why Hamas perversely urges its own people not to seek safety when Israel drops leaflets warning of an imminent attack.

To deliberately wage war so that your own people can be telegenically killed is indeed moral and tactical insanity. But it rests on a very rational premise: Given the Orwellian state of the world’s treatment of Israel (see: the U.N.’s grotesque Human Rights Council), fueled by a mix of classic anti-Semitism, near-total historical ignorance and reflexive sympathy for the ostensible Third World underdog, these eruptions featuring Palestinian casualties ultimately undermine support for Israel’s legitimacy and right to self-defense.

In a world of such Kafkaesque ethical inversions, the depravity of Hamas begins to make sense. This is a world in which the Munich massacre is a movie and the murder of Klinghoffer is an opera — both deeply sympathetic to the killers. This is a world in which the U.N. ignores humanity’s worst war criminals while incessantly condemning Israel, a state warred upon for 66 years that nonetheless goes to extraordinary lengths to avoid harming the very innocents its enemies use as shields.

It’s to the Israelis’ credit that amid all this madness they haven’t lost their moral scruples. Or their nerve. Those outside the region have the minimum obligation, therefore, to expose the madness and speak the truth. Rarely has it been so blindingly clear.

Infinite_limit
07-18-2014, 12:22 PM
Blood hungry...

Why were the Jews blood hungry?
Because they don't want the Holocaust to repeat. I can understand

DarrinS
07-18-2014, 01:16 PM

If that's their goal, they are failing miserably.

Infinite_limit
07-19-2014, 05:29 AM
Another day, another re-assigned corespondent

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac255/kegstermd/DIANA_zps3d14203c.png

NEW YORK -- CNN has removed correspondent Diana Magnay from covering the Israeli-Palestinian conflict after she tweeted that Israelis who were cheering the bombing of Gaza, and who had allegedly threatened her, were “scum.”

“After being threatened and harassed before and during a liveshot, Diana reacted angrily on Twitter,” a CNN spokeswoman said in a statement to The Huffington Post.

LOL @ American news

dorrrr
07-19-2014, 07:02 AM
Good point. Starting the slaughter of 200 innocent people

LOL you fucking nazi. blaming Israel for killing innocent people and in the same sentence supporting Nazis who killed 6 million innocent jews.
You fucking tard is the one who shouldn't even be alive. go kill yourself you anti semitic fuck

pgardn
07-19-2014, 08:22 AM
Another day, another re-assigned corespondent

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac255/kegstermd/DIANA_zps3d14203c.png

NEW YORK -- CNN has removed correspondent Diana Magnay from covering the Israeli-Palestinian conflict after she tweeted that Israelis who were cheering the bombing of Gaza, and who had allegedly threatened her, were “scum.”

“After being threatened and harassed before and during a liveshot, Diana reacted angrily on Twitter,” a CNN spokeswoman said in a statement to The Huffington Post.

LOL @ American news

How did you find out about this?

American News...
Idiot.

boutons_deux
07-19-2014, 10:11 AM
New York Times Rewrites Gaza Headline: Was It Too Accurate?

http://www.fair.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/NYT-Gaza-headline-600x304.png

then changed to:

http://www.fair.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/strife-boys-drawn-557x450.png

https://www.commondreams.org/view/2014/07/18-6

Jacob1983
07-19-2014, 11:47 PM
So if you say something bad about Israel that is true, you are anti Semitic?

m>s
07-19-2014, 11:56 PM
LOL you fucking nazi. blaming Israel for killing innocent people and in the same sentence supporting Nazis who killed 6 million innocent jews.
You fucking tard is the one who shouldn't even be alive. go kill yourself you anti semitic fuck
fuck off shekelstein

mercos
07-20-2014, 12:24 AM

When you attack Israel for accidentally killing civilians, but ignore Hamas intentionally trying to kill civilians, you are probably anti-Semitic.

Jacob1983
07-20-2014, 01:01 AM
How do you know Israel isn't intentionally killing civilians?

mercos
07-20-2014, 01:39 AM
How do you know Israel isn't intentionally killing civilians?

Two reasons. First, Israel outright says it is not trying to kill civilians. Second, if they wanted to do so, the death toll would be catastrophic, not in the hundreds. Israel has state of the art military technology, nuclear weapons, and the backing of the world's strongest military in the US. If civilian deaths were the goal, the Gaza Strip would be a radioactive wasteland right now.

On the other hand, Hamas specifically says that Israeli citizens are targets.

TDMVPDPOY
07-20-2014, 02:57 AM
Two reasons. First, Israel outright says it is not trying to kill civilians. Second, if they wanted to do so, the death toll would be catastrophic, not in the hundreds. Israel has state of the art military technology, nuclear weapons, and the backing of the world's strongest military in the US. If civilian deaths were the goal, the Gaza Strip would be a radioactive wasteland right now.

On the other hand, Hamas specifically says that Israeli citizens are targets.
i dont have a problem with what hamas is doing, at the end of the day they did got robbed how ww2 winnings was shared around losing ur country to abunch of wankers who didnt even thought in the war

pgardn
07-20-2014, 09:09 AM
i dont have a problem with what hamas is doing, at the end of the day they did got robbed how ww2 winnings was shared around losing ur country to abunch of wankers who didnt even thought in the war

What?

Is it possible to use English when attempting to convey a thought?
My auto correct sometimes goes wild sometimes, is this the problem?

mercos
07-20-2014, 09:47 AM

Palestine was never a country. The Arabs in the area weren't robbed of shit. When some Jews who had already been living there were given their own country, the Arabs fled because the neighboring countries invaded. They gave up their homes because they thought they were going to get the Jewish peoples lands too. Their side lost. Tough shit on them.

pgardn
07-20-2014, 09:58 AM

“We are not Hamas, and we are not with the others,” Ms. Harazin said. “We just want to live in our homes. The people are not Hamas. Israel has a problem with Hamas. What’s the fault of the other people? We have nothing to do with it.”

Asked what she thought of Hamas’s handling of the current war, she said, “Sometimes it’s difficult to express your opinion.”

She faulted Israel for shelling civilian homes, but said of Hamas’s actions, “If you say any word, it’s held against you.” She said her husband had been beaten for complaining about Hamas.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/21/world/middleeast/gaza-israel.html?_r=0

Hamas knew exactly where Israel would concentrate its ground assault. The Israelis told them. They did not remove civilians. They want civilians to remain, especially children so the media can take pictures of them while they die. Hamas does not give a shit about civilians. They are fodder to be used for propaganda. They want to be funded and the lower tier want to die like good terrorists. Just like Arafat who just took money and strung people along.

Read about Arafat and where his riches went.

pgardn
07-20-2014, 10:03 AM
Palestine was never a country. The Arabs in the area weren't robbed of shit. When some Jews who had already been living there were given their own country, the Arabs fled because the neighboring countries invaded. They gave up their homes because they thought they were going to get the Jewish peoples lands too. Their side lost. Tough shit on them.

The 6 day war... The Arabs decided to attack, the Israelis threw them way back. This is really how Israel got so large.

velik_m
07-20-2014, 10:40 AM
http://www.respectparty.org/2014/07/19/tens-of-thousands-march-through-london-the-bbc-is-silent/

pgardn
07-20-2014, 10:53 AM
http://www.timesofisrael.com/tens-of-thousands-rally-in-london-against-israels-gaza-op/

http://yalibnan.com/2014/07/20/anti-israeli-protests-rock-paris-london-gaza-invasion/

So you can get a slant from both sides.

Shastafarian
07-20-2014, 11:14 AM
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/07/20/world/meast/mideast-crisis/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Some highlights:

Overnight, Hamas fired rockets from Shaja'ia toward Israel. The militant group also turned down an invitation by Egypt to talk about a cease-fire initiative that Cairo had proposed.

For three days, the IDF had warned residents of Shaja'ia to flee, Israel said. Such warnings are delivered through calls and text messages as well as fliers that said "it is the intention of the IDF to carry out aerial strikes against terror sites and operatives" in the area. The fliers told people to head to Gaza City by Wednesday morning and not to return until further notice. The IDF posted an English translation of the fliers Sunday on Twitter.

Some residents said they received the warnings but felt that even if they fled, they could face the same dangers in other parts of Gaza.

On Saturday, a rocket killed an Israeli in Negev and wounded four others, including an infant, Israeli authorities said.

The hospital is frequently hit by rocket attacks from Gaza. It has emergency procedures in place, including moving its neo-natal ward into a reinforced rocket shelter.

Israel announced Sunday it would open a field hospital at the Erez Crossing to treat injured Palestinians. On Saturday, the defense forces delivered truckloads of medical supplies to Gaza.

Israel agreed to a two-hour cease-fire Sunday, at the request of the Red Cross, to allow Palestinian emergency medical workers to tend to the wounded and dead in Shaja'ia, the IDF said. Israel also announced it was extending its cease-fire, but said Hamas was not holding its fire.

Hamas, meanwhile, said Israeli forces shelled Shaja'ia after the cease-fire was declared.

The IDF said it has held fire three times since beginning the operation in Gaza, but "Hamas never stopped shooting rockets."

dorrrr
07-20-2014, 02:29 PM

Are you that fucking retarded or you're just acting like one?
He said: "Why couldn't the Germans finish the job?"
He encouraged Jews holocaust. Doesn't sound anti-semitic to you huh? I bet it doesn't.
Another fucking hypocrite terrorist lover. You deserve some Hamas activists near your house. bombing and stuff.

You guys are the worst people, you think you know anything about the truth?
I bet you also blame Israel/America for 9/11. You love muslim terrorists so much.
I truly hope you take your stuff and go live in some muslim country.
I can hardly believe that americans can be THAT stupid. wow

dorrrr
07-20-2014, 02:40 PM
These people are seriously not worth talking to. they obviously know NOTHING and don't wanna know.
If a person tells you that Israel might be killing innocent people intentionally, they're obviously trolls.
I never take seriously people who blame USA for 9/11 for the same reason. It's ridicules in so many ways.
Those people are just sick and hopeless. They're delusional and unattached to reality. plus they're conspirators, and haters.
Actually I doubt they believe their own words. I think they might just be trollin'. once again, I hardly believe anyone can be that stupid.
save your energy.

TDMVPDPOY
07-20-2014, 11:18 PM
lol israels ground offense has got to be fkn joke, did they really think they could just walk into gaza and not expect any casualties when ur fighting against guerrilla tactics?

a bunch of idiots anyway, 17 soldiers dead and all they do is blame hamas, what did you expect hamas to do? sit back and do nothing?

then u go and purge gaza....

BN is a wanker hitler reincarnated with the most arrogant replies, israel already regulating tight control on gaza land and sea border with nowhere else to run out, and the ppl say they have no way off running out, but his answer is they know they can run out, in other words run to those tunnels...not everyone has a tunnel faggot...

these clowns already own the puppet state algeria, now all they need is to own gaza, and that whole western sea board is theirs

El Guapo
07-20-2014, 11:31 PM
These pinche jews mean bizness.

dorrrr
07-21-2014, 12:01 AM
lol israels ground offense has got to be fkn joke, did they really think they could just walk into gaza and not expect any casualties when ur fighting against guerrilla tactics?

a bunch of idiots anyway, 17 soldiers dead and all they do is blame hamas, what did you expect hamas to do? sit back and do nothing?

BN is a wanker hitler reincarnated with the most arrogant replies, israel already regulating tight control on gaza land and sea border with nowhere else to run out, and the ppl say they have no way off running out, but his answer is they know they can run out, in other words run to those tunnels...not everyone has a tunnel faggot...

these clowns already own the puppet state algeria, now all they need is to own gaza, and that whole western sea board is theirs

Another retard...
do you even understand why they went with ground forces into gaza? instead of just wiping out the whole godamn city with air force? like putin would do..
thats in order to minimize civilian casualties. they risk having their own soldiers killed (17 by now dead as you said) in order to not kill innocent ppl
and then this idiots says that israel wanna hurt innocent ppl....so stupid

pgardn
07-21-2014, 12:01 AM

You are truly an idiot.
The Israelis basically made Gaza and The West Bank (except for the illegal settlements ), Palestian. They were a part of Israel. Own Algeria... Wtf?

The tunnels are access to Israel to kidnap soldiers or to kill. These are not the transport tunnels that have been shut down by Egypt and used to bring food, medicine, and missiles.

Jesus Christ you are confused. Side with the Palestianians, that's fine, but for gods sake get something right.

TDMVPDPOY
07-21-2014, 12:03 AM
lol the puppet state thats USA agreeing with israels actions...lmao who wouldve thought a super power is a puppet state to be controlled by a bunch wankers who did nothing for in its entire existence worth mentioning

TDMVPDPOY
07-21-2014, 12:05 AM
You are truly an idiot.
The Israelis basically made Gaza and The West Bank (except for the illegal settlements ), Palestian. They were a part of Israel. Own Algeria... Wtf?

The tunnels are access to Israel to kidnap soldiers or to kill. These are not the transport tunnels that have been shut down by Egypt and used to bring food, medicine, and missiles.

Jesus Christ you are confused. Side with the Palestianians, that's fine, but for gods sake get something right.

you bomb the shit out of them and go used that 3billion dollar yearly welfare check from the USA to buy and send aid into palestine like ur doing some humanitarian shit...nobody buys ur lies

pgardn
07-21-2014, 12:12 AM
you bomb the shit out of them and go used that 3billion dollar yearly welfare check from the USA to buy and send aid into palestine like ur doing some humanitarian shit...nobody buys ur lies

What have I lied about?
Are you drunk or just daft?

What, in anything I have posted, is a lie?

Jacob1983
07-21-2014, 01:34 AM
I don't love terrorists or side with them but I also don't drink koolaid. Israel isn't 100 percent innocent. They have blood on their hands just as much as Palestine does. You can't just say it's all Palestine's fault.

The reason why 9/11 happened is because America is always in other countries' business. You can't expect to knock down a million bee hives without getting stung by one. Blowback is real

Wild Cobra
07-21-2014, 01:47 AM
I don't love terrorists or side with them but I also don't drink koolaid. Israel isn't 100 percent innocent. They have blood on their hands just as much as Palestine does. You can't just say it's all Palestine's fault.

I agree with you except for saying Israel has as much blood on their hands.

I do not accept someone dying while defending anything the same.

The reason why 9/11 happened is because America is always in other countries' business. You can't expect to knock down a million bee hives without getting stung by one. Blowback is real
Maybe so, but we do have the highest Jewish population in the world. That's something to think of as well.

pgardn
07-21-2014, 09:08 AM

9/11 was more than that according to the perps.

They claimed a complete rejection of Western ideals. Women's rights, religious freedom, alcohol, keep going...
It was fundamentalist backlash. And 9/11 was not the first attempt. Go back to the Clinton administration and look at the garage bombings. The beast really got going when USSR invaded Afghanistan.

I really don't like to sound like a know it all but does anyone read anymore? These issues conservatives seem to want in black and white are more complex. Then we got Boots who invests with the same companies he rails against. Amazing stuff.

boutons_deux
07-21-2014, 09:15 AM
"9/11 was more than that according to the perps."

OBL said he hit WTC because of US military boots occupying, defiling sacred Saudi sands (after the Gulf war), and because of US support of Israel against Muslims.

Palestinians, and Muslims elsewhere, cheering the WTC attack is completely understandable.

pgardn
07-21-2014, 09:19 AM
"9/11 was more than that according to the perps."

OBL said he hit WTC because of US military boots occupying, defiling sacred Saudi sands (after the Gulf war), and because of US support of Israel against Muslims.

Palestinians, and Muslims elsewhere, cheering the WTC attack is completely understandable.

The group said much more than that.
Read about ultimate goals of which 9/11 was to be one in a series.
Islamic world.

OBL was not going to recruit well using just the above. It's a completely back to basics philosophy. Railing against communism as well.

dorrrr
07-21-2014, 10:32 AM

You're delusional. If you can't tell the difference between terrorists who bomb themselves on civillians in order to kill as many innocent people as possible,
And a country that's trying to defend their people who get shot at daily by rockets and still send postcards from the sky s to warn Gaza civillians before attacking Hamas weapon supllies with air force, ( http://edition.cnn.com/2014/07/13/world/meast/mideast-tensions/ )
then something's wrong with your judging. go check yourself.

"If the Arabs were to put down their arms there would be no more war. if Israel were to put down its arms there would be no more Israel."
http://img2.timg.co.il/forums/1_174296755.jpg

CosmicCowboy
07-21-2014, 12:18 PM
It's hilarious that you guys think the coverage is slanted in Israels favor. If anything it's the exact opposite. New York Times is the worst.

pgardn
07-21-2014, 01:41 PM
It's hilarious that you guys think the coverage is slanted in Israels favor. If anything it's the exact opposite. New York Times is the worst.

Read the European papers. Except for perhaps Germany, they are very tough on Israel.

DarrinS
07-21-2014, 02:20 PM

exactly

CosmicCowboy
07-21-2014, 03:23 PM
Something important is missing from the New York Times's coverage of the war in Gaza: photographs of terrorist attacks on Israel, and pictures of Hamas fighters, tunnels, weaponry, and use of human shields.

New York Times
It appears the Times is silently but happily complying with a Hamas demand that the only pictures from Gaza are of civilians and never of fighters. The most influential news organization in the world is thus manufacturing an utterly false portrait of the battle—precisely the portrait that Hamas finds most helpful: embattled, victimized Gaza civilians under attack by a cruel Israeli military.

A review of the Times's photography in Gaza reveals a stark contrast in how the two sides are portrayed. Nearly every picture from Israel depicts tanks, soldiers, or attack helicopters. And every picture of Gaza depicts either bloodied civilians, destroyed buildings, overflowing hospitals, or other images of civilian anguish. It is as one-sided and misleading a depiction of the Gaza battle as one can imagine.

Today's Times photo essay contains seven images: three of Gaza civilians in distress; one of a smoke plume rising over Gaza; and three of the IDF, including tanks and attack helicopters. The message is simple and clear: the IDF is attacking Gaza and harming Palestinian civilians. There are no images of Israelis under rocket attack, no images of grieving Israeli families and damaged Israeli buildings, no images of Hamas fighters or rocket attacks on Israel, no images of the RPG's and machine guns recovered from attempted Hamas tunnel infiltrations into Israel.

A second report yesterday, ostensibly about Hamas tunnel attacks on Israel, bizarrely contained not a single picture related to those attacks. The three pictures it contained presented the same one-sided narrative of Israelis as attackers, Palestinians as victims. One picture showed an IDF artillery gun firing into Gaza; a second showed Palestinian mourners at a funeral; a third showed Palestinians waiting in line for food rations.

Indeed, a check of the Twitter feed of the Times’s photographer in Gaza shows not a single image that portrays Hamas in a negative light. It's nothing but civilian victims of the IDF.

Likewise, the Twitter feed of Anne Barnard, the Beirut bureau chief for the Times currently "reporting" from Gaza, is almost entirely devoted to one thing: anecdotes, pictures, and stories about civilian casualties. Perusing her feed, one would think there are simply no terrorists in Gaza who started this war, who are perpetuating it, who are intentionally attacking Israel from neighborhoods and apartment buildings and thereby guaranteeing the very civilian casualties Barnard appears so heartbroken over.

Maybe all of this is an illustration of just how biased against Israel the Times has become—so biased that Times photographers and editors are simply blind to any image that doesn’t conform to their view of the war.

Or maybe, in the interest of the safety and access of their journalists, the Times is complying with Hamas instructions. As reported by MEMRI, Hamas published media guidelines instructing Gazans to always refer to the dead as "innocent civilians" and to never post pictures of terrorists on social media. Hamas is currently preventing foreign journalists from leaving the Strip, in effect holding them hostage. These journalists must be terrified—and they also must know that the best way to ensure their safety is to never run afoul of the terrorists in whose hands their fates lie.

ElNono
07-21-2014, 03:41 PM
http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2014/07/is-israel-losing-the-american-media-war-192522.html

Th'Pusher
07-21-2014, 07:46 PM
Something important is missing from the New York Times's coverage of the war in Gaza: photographs of terrorist attacks on Israel, and pictures of Hamas fighters, tunnels, weaponry, and use of human shields.

New York Times
It appears the Times is silently but happily complying with a Hamas demand that the only pictures from Gaza are of civilians and never of fighters. The most influential news organization in the world is thus manufacturing an utterly false portrait of the battle—precisely the portrait that Hamas finds most helpful: embattled, victimized Gaza civilians under attack by a cruel Israeli military.

A review of the Times's photography in Gaza reveals a stark contrast in how the two sides are portrayed. Nearly every picture from Israel depicts tanks, soldiers, or attack helicopters. And every picture of Gaza depicts either bloodied civilians, destroyed buildings, overflowing hospitals, or other images of civilian anguish. It is as one-sided and misleading a depiction of the Gaza battle as one can imagine.

Today's Times photo essay contains seven images: three of Gaza civilians in distress; one of a smoke plume rising over Gaza; and three of the IDF, including tanks and attack helicopters. The message is simple and clear: the IDF is attacking Gaza and harming Palestinian civilians. There are no images of Israelis under rocket attack, no images of grieving Israeli families and damaged Israeli buildings, no images of Hamas fighters or rocket attacks on Israel, no images of the RPG's and machine guns recovered from attempted Hamas tunnel infiltrations into Israel.

A second report yesterday, ostensibly about Hamas tunnel attacks on Israel, bizarrely contained not a single picture related to those attacks. The three pictures it contained presented the same one-sided narrative of Israelis as attackers, Palestinians as victims. One picture showed an IDF artillery gun firing into Gaza; a second showed Palestinian mourners at a funeral; a third showed Palestinians waiting in line for food rations.

Indeed, a check of the Twitter feed of the Times’s photographer in Gaza shows not a single image that portrays Hamas in a negative light. It's nothing but civilian victims of the IDF.

Likewise, the Twitter feed of Anne Barnard, the Beirut bureau chief for the Times currently "reporting" from Gaza, is almost entirely devoted to one thing: anecdotes, pictures, and stories about civilian casualties. Perusing her feed, one would think there are simply no terrorists in Gaza who started this war, who are perpetuating it, who are intentionally attacking Israel from neighborhoods and apartment buildings and thereby guaranteeing the very civilian casualties Barnard appears so heartbroken over.

Maybe all of this is an illustration of just how biased against Israel the Times has become—so biased that Times photographers and editors are simply blind to any image that doesn’t conform to their view of the war.

Or maybe, in the interest of the safety and access of their journalists, the Times is complying with Hamas instructions. As reported by MEMRI, Hamas published media guidelines instructing Gazans to always refer to the dead as "innocent civilians" and to never post pictures of terrorists on social media. Hamas is currently preventing foreign journalists from leaving the Strip, in effect holding them hostage. These journalists must be terrified—and they also must know that the best way to ensure their safety is to never run afoul of the terrorists in whose hands their fates lie.

Seems you forgot to link your source.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/all-news-hamas-sees-fit-print_796823.html

Wild Cobra
07-21-2014, 07:59 PM
Seems you forgot to link your source.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/all-news-hamas-sees-fit-print_796823.html

Nothing as biased as someone who solely points out to credited the messenger.

Th'Pusher
07-21-2014, 08:11 PM
Nothing as biased as someone who solely points out to credited the messenger.

You'll notice CC tends to "forget" to link his content when it comes from a right wing rag like the Weekly Standard. Not so much, if it comes from less biased source.

Infinite_limit
07-21-2014, 09:05 PM
The 6 day war... The Arabs decided to attack, the Israelis threw them way back. This is really how Israel got so large.
Israel started that War.....preemptive strikes

pgardn
07-21-2014, 09:55 PM
Israel started that War.....preemptive strikes

Why did you call them PREemptive?

Infinite_limit
07-21-2014, 10:02 PM
Why did you call them PREemptive?
Because if I called it unjustified attack, we would do the same ole song & dance. Who ever shoots first, starts the War. The strike was critical as it nearly destroyed the entire Egyptian air force.

Jews pulling a classic Jew maneuver lied, changed their story and then came up with a creative label that sugarcoated their actions.

"Though Israel had struck first, Israel initially claimed that it was attacked first. Later it claimed that its attack was a preemptive strike in the face of a planned invasion of Israel by the Arab countries"

pgardn
07-21-2014, 10:07 PM
So tell me your view of the PLO in this.

TDMVPDPOY
07-22-2014, 02:24 AM
lol bombin a hospital

shooting a clown who was searchin for his family when his house was bomb, dude got up and was shot again..

lol israels....if you want to be hard kents why not go after the germans or someone on equal fighting power?

Infinite_limit
07-22-2014, 02:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h52z-mYLIk8

Infinite_limit
07-22-2014, 01:00 PM
http://oi59.tinypic.com/2llbtqh.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/v4q7mq.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/k3afsh.jpg

http://oi62.tinypic.com/2dlrdl4.jpg

http://oi60.tinypic.com/2mesaae.jpg

pgardn
07-22-2014, 08:26 PM
Ten Israeli human rights organisations have written to the attorney general to raise concerns about grave violations of international law in the conflict. They questioned the legality of Sunday's operation in Shujai'iya, "in particular, the potential violation of the fundamental principles of the laws of war, specifically the principle of distinguishing between combatants and civilians".

From the Guardian...

Does Hamas allow alternative views in Gaza? Don't think so.

pgardn
07-22-2014, 08:27 PM
Very_Limited wants some sort of parity in the number of deaths in Gaza.
Nazis have a love for humanity, it's touching.

Infinite_limit
07-22-2014, 08:51 PM
Very_Limited wants some sort of parity in the number of deaths in Gaza.
Nazis have a love for humanity, it's touching.
U wot mate?

This thread is about the disparity in news reporting

DarrinS
07-22-2014, 09:28 PM
Here is an example of serious pro-Israeli media bias

http://youtu.be/M_-76H-YRjs

Cry Havoc
07-22-2014, 11:16 PM
"On Monday night, a strike hit an eight-story apartment building in downtown Gaza City — an area where Israeli officials had urged Gazans to take shelter. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/22/world/middleeast/questions-about-tactics-and-targets-as-civilian-toll-climbs-in-israeli-strikes.html

Fucking brutal. There is no excuse for this. Fuck you, Israel.

Wild Cobra
07-23-2014, 12:01 AM
"On Monday night, a strike hit an eight-story apartment building in downtown Gaza City — an area where Israeli officials had urged Gazans to take shelter. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/22/world/middleeast/questions-about-tactics-and-targets-as-civilian-toll-climbs-in-israeli-strikes.html

It's horrible, but when will they stop attacking Israel.

It would end if they simply stopped attacking Israel.

Israel has the right to defend itself.

Jacob1983
07-23-2014, 01:19 AM
That spokesperson sounds like a massive koolaid drinker. That old fuck was really hitting that guy with tough questions.

I think the media has a problem with differentiating between Gaza and Hamas.

Infinite_limit
07-23-2014, 01:24 AM

If no one is being harmed, is it really attacking?

m>s
07-23-2014, 01:32 AM
i don't understand israel's endgame in all of this. people will say b-b-but muh right to defend themselves until they're blue in the face but this type of stuff only undermines their legitimacy and turns the world against them. as a nationalist i support israel's right to existence but they are behaving like psychopaths.

Infinite_limit
07-23-2014, 01:34 AM
i don't understand israel's endgame in all of this. people will say b-b-but muh right to defend themselves until they're blue in the face but this type of stuff only undermines their legitimacy and turns the world against them. as a nationalist i support israel's right to existence but they are behaving like psychopaths.
I rather be an American welfare state than respected around the Globe.

Does anyone truly envision Palestine being around in 300 years?

m>s
07-23-2014, 01:47 AM
not at the current rate this is going rofl

america won't always be around as the world police..they really might think about what the rest of the world thinks about them.

Cry Havoc
07-23-2014, 07:06 AM

By bombing hospitals? That's defending yourself? Targeting non-military personnel is defending yourself?

pgardn
07-23-2014, 08:06 AM
U wot mate?

This thread is about the disparity in news reporting

Look at your posted images.
And about the thread, tough luck... mate.

pgardn
07-23-2014, 08:13 AM

Fuck Hamas, the revel in this.
They use Palestinians civilians as fodder.

Cry Havoc
07-23-2014, 08:18 AM
Fuck Hamas, the revel in this.
They use Palestinians civilians as fodder.

No one is forcing Israel to decimate hospitals. The Israeli government is every bit as bad as Hamas.

boutons_deux
07-23-2014, 09:11 AM
Why Jon Stewart can't say 'Israel' on The Daily Show (+video)

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/full-episodes/z8t65n/july-22--2014---richard-linklater?xrs=youtube_tds_fullep_endslate

pgardn
07-23-2014, 09:24 AM
No one is forcing Israel to decimate hospitals. The Israeli government is every bit as bad as Hamas.

Then you don't know the history of this conflict.
That being said, Israel is going all out to get rid of the tunnels and missiles.
They are treating civilians almost as poorly as Hamas (terrorist scum).

boutons_deux
07-23-2014, 09:59 AM
Hamas Gambled on War as Its Woes Grew in Gaza

When war between Israel and Hamas broke out two weeks ago, the Palestinian militant group was so hamstrung, politically, economically and diplomatically, that its leaders appeared to feel they had nothing to lose.

Hamas took what some here call “option zero,” gambling that it could shift the balance with its trump cards: its arms and militants.

Now, this conflict has demonstrated that while Hamas governed over 1.7 million people mired in poverty, its leaders were pouring resources into its military and expanding its ability to fight Israel. If it can turn that improved military prowess into concessions, like opening the border with Egypt, that may boost its standing among the people of Gaza — although at an extraordinarily high cost in deaths and destruction.

“There were low expectations in terms of its performance against the recent round of Israeli incursions. It’s been exceeding all expectations,” said Abdullah Al-Arian, a professor at Georgetown University’s School of Foreign Service in Qatar who is currently in Washington. “And it’s likely to come out in a far better position than in the last three years, and maybe the last decade.”

(http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/07/23/world/middleeast/hamas-gambled-on-war-as-its-woes-grew-in-gaza.html?_r=0#modal-lightbox)Hamas had been struggling. The turmoil in the region meant it lost one of its main sponsors, President Bashar al-Assad of Syria, whom it broke with over his brutal fight against a Sunni Muslim-led insurgency, and weakened its alliance with Iran. It lost support in Egypt when the Islamist president, Mohamed Morsi, was ousted and replaced with a military-backed government hostile to Hamas.
Unemployment in Gaza is around 50 percent, having risen steeply since Israel pulled out its troops and settlers in 2005 and severely tightened border restrictions.

Hamas appeared powerless to end the near-blockade of its border by Israel and more recently Egypt. It could not even pay its 40,000 government workers their salaries.

The group was so handicapped that it agreed to enter into a pact with its rival party, Fatah, to form a new government. But that seemed only to make matters worse, sowing division within its own ranks, with some in the military wing angry at the concession, while providing none of the economic relief Hamas had hoped for.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/07/23/world/middleeast/hamas-gambled-on-war-as-its-woes-grew-in-gaza.html?_r=0

DarrinS
07-23-2014, 10:09 AM
Unemployment in Gaza is around 50 percent, having risen steeply since Israel pulled out its troops and settlers in 2005...

No surprise there.

pgardn
07-23-2014, 10:34 AM
Hamas Gambled on War as Its Woes Grew in Gaza

When war between Israel and Hamas broke out two weeks ago, the Palestinian militant group was so hamstrung, politically, economically and diplomatically, that its leaders appeared to feel they had nothing to lose.

Hamas took what some here call “option zero,” gambling that it could shift the balance with its trump cards: its arms and militants.

Now, this conflict has demonstrated that while Hamas governed over 1.7 million people mired in poverty, its leaders were pouring resources into its military and expanding its ability to fight Israel. If it can turn that improved military prowess into concessions, like opening the border with Egypt, that may boost its standing among the people of Gaza — although at an extraordinarily high cost in deaths and destruction.

“There were low expectations in terms of its performance against the recent round of Israeli incursions. It’s been exceeding all expectations,” said Abdullah Al-Arian, a professor at Georgetown University’s School of Foreign Service in Qatar who is currently in Washington. “And it’s likely to come out in a far better position than in the last three years, and maybe the last decade.”

(http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/07/23/world/middleeast/hamas-gambled-on-war-as-its-woes-grew-in-gaza.html?_r=0#modal-lightbox)Hamas had been struggling. The turmoil in the region meant it lost one of its main sponsors, President Bashar al-Assad of Syria, whom it broke with over his brutal fight against a Sunni Muslim-led insurgency, and weakened its alliance with Iran. It lost support in Egypt when the Islamist president, Mohamed Morsi, was ousted and replaced with a military-backed government hostile to Hamas.
Unemployment in Gaza is around 50 percent, having risen steeply since Israel pulled out its troops and settlers in 2005 and severely tightened border restrictions.

Hamas appeared powerless to end the near-blockade of its border by Israel and more recently Egypt. It could not even pay its 40,000 government workers their salaries.

The group was so handicapped that it agreed to enter into a pact with its rival party, Fatah, to form a new government. But that seemed only to make matters worse, sowing division within its own ranks, with some in the military wing angry at the concession, while providing none of the economic relief Hamas had hoped for.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/07/23/world/middleeast/hamas-gambled-on-war-as-its-woes-grew-in-gaza.html?_r=0

As I stated before, this recent outbreak coincides nicely with Egypt's about face back to good relations with Israel. It's pretty clear Morsi's democratically elected gov. gave people the shivers of what it means to include radical Islamic militants in your government. The Egyptians hate Israel killing their brothers, but they certainly want nothing to do with the radical element. When you take on Palestinians, you take on the radical Shira law groups. They have attached themselves. No country around wants the Palestinians, they are glad Israel deals with them, it's a win win.

The losers are the Palestinians with no affiliation.

pgardn
07-23-2014, 10:55 AM

The end game is clearly this for the majority of Israelis:

An indepedentPalestinian state thriving economically and not hostile towards Israel. And... This is the kicker:

Israel with a huge Jewish majority that will never be anything but a Jewish State. This is the really difficult part, but it is the reality. This is what makes the partioning difficult. Israel wants to control safe boundaries and really wants nothing to do with Arab Israeli citizenship that has a vote. This "purity" should warm the heart of m>s. Jewish Israelis only basically.

TDMVPDPOY
07-23-2014, 01:36 PM
what would israel do once ISIS has their eyes on them next?

Cry Havoc
07-23-2014, 04:17 PM
Then you don't know the history of this conflict.
That being said, Israel is going all out to get rid of the tunnels and missiles.
They are treating civilians almost as poorly as Hamas (terrorist scum).

So you're agreeing with what I said while at the same time saying you disagree with me?

pgardn
07-23-2014, 10:46 PM
So you're agreeing with what I said while at the same time saying you disagree with me?

No actually.

Go back and read what you wrote.

Hamas does not want Israel to exist.
Period.

Cry Havoc
07-24-2014, 12:18 AM
No actually.

Go back and read what you wrote.

Hamas does not want Israel to exist.
Period.

Wow. They're bombing hospitals. Do you really think the Israeli government would eradicate the entire Gaza Strip if they could get away with it internationally? The only reason they don't is because of the backlash they'd face.

Jacob1983
07-24-2014, 12:54 AM
Israel would annihilate Gaza in a heart beat if they could get away with it.

boutons_deux
07-24-2014, 05:51 AM
AIPAC Is the Only Explanation for America's Morally Bankrupt Israel Policy

And why did Netanyahu decide to go on another rampage in Gaza? As Nathan Thrall of the International Crisis Group points out (http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/18/opinion/gaza-and-israel-the-road-to-war-paved-by-the-west.html?_r=2), the real motive is neither vengeance nor a desire to protect Israel from Hamas' rocket fire, which has been virtually non-existent over the past two years and is largely ineffectual anyway. Netanyahu's real purpose was to undermine the recent agreement between Hamas and Fatah for a unity government. Given Netanyahu's personal commitment to keeping the West Bank and creating a "greater Israel," the last thing he wants is a unified Palestinian leadership that might press him to get serious about a two-state solution. Ergo, he sought to isolate and severely damage Hamas and drive a new wedge between the two Palestinian factions.

http://www.commondreams.org/views/2014/07/23/aipac-only-explanation-americas-morally-bankrupt-israel-policy

I've read other places the Israel will never allow a Palestinian state, iow, no two-state solution.

Not sure about the article's claim of low rocket activity recently, but even IDF accounting shows 2013 very low compared to other years.

http://www.idfblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/graph-640x640.jpg

TDMVPDPOY
07-24-2014, 06:15 AM
making up shit to get more welfare checks from usa

pgardn
07-24-2014, 08:34 AM
Wow. They're bombing hospitals. Do you really think the Israeli government would eradicate the entire Gaza Strip if they could get away with it internationally? The only reason they don't is because of the backlash they'd face.

Hamas would do it immediately. So you tell me what is worse.
Israel set up the Gaza Strip and allowed it to function on its own.
Once the mortars then rockets started coming down, they shut down the arms that were being brought in along with essential items. Hamas essentially dared Israel by sacrificing Palestinian well being. The international community criticized Israel for stopping the flow of building material like concrete. Israel knew it was going to make tunnels.

Now Israel is at a point that they will not stop until they have severely damaged the tunnel networks and missile launchers. This required people on the ground. Once this occurred, Israel knew its death toll would go up as would civilians. UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon expressed "outrage and regret" at rockets which were placed inside a UN-run school in Gaza. BBC

Israel was willing to take the likely deaths to insure future security... for a while. Israel has accepted the fact that Hamas rules Gaza, and this means constant conflict. Their public is in that mode now. They want to live free of random rocket attacks and tunnels allowing kidnapping.

The middle ground shrinks when a war begins. See the beginning of planning right after 9/11. The revenge factor gets huge. This latest episode began with the 3 Israeli teenagers. People love revenge.

Israel is surrounded by neighbors who use the Palestinians as fodder. Sadly, Israel is right now happy to oblige. There are court cases in Israel made by Jewish peace groups trying to stop this in Israeli courts. Yes, it's a democracy. The doves in Israel get completely overshadowed when the rockets come, go figure...

DarrinS
07-24-2014, 02:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjW_H1ydFas

DisAsTerBot
07-24-2014, 03:09 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2703894/Bizarre-trend-bomb-shelter-selfies-takes-Israel-siege-Tel-Aviv-residents-vow-smiling.html

Bizarre trend of 'bomb shelter selfies' takes off in Israel as under-siege Tel Aviv residents vow to 'keep on smiling'
Hundreds of Israelis have documented their experiences on Facebook
'There’s a selfie for everything so why not bomb shelters?' said creator
Many show Israeli citizens smiling and laughing as they pose for the photos
16-day conflict has claimed lives of 718 Palestinians and 32 Israel soldiers

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2703894/Bizarre-trend-bomb-shelter-selfies-takes-Israel-siege-Tel-Aviv-residents-vow-smiling.html#ixzz38Q1BA8ZA

they look so scared!

SnakeBoy
07-24-2014, 03:21 PM
At least Stern has the right take

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-PKphSF88M#t=51

Infinite_limit
07-24-2014, 03:24 PM
At least Stern has the right take

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-PKphSF88M#t=51
HAHA. What's next Chelsea Lately?

Infinite_limit
07-24-2014, 03:25 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2703894/Bizarre-trend-bomb-shelter-selfies-takes-Israel-siege-Tel-Aviv-residents-vow-smiling.html

Bizarre trend of 'bomb shelter selfies' takes off in Israel as under-siege Tel Aviv residents vow to 'keep on smiling'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2703894/Bizarre-trend-bomb-shelter-selfies-takes-Israel-siege-Tel-Aviv-residents-vow-smiling.html#ixzz38Q1BA8ZA

they look so scared!
More politically overstated:

Hamas Rockets OR Holocaust Gas Chambers?

DarrinS
07-24-2014, 03:29 PM

they look so scared!

Going into bomb shelters has become a fairly routine event for Israeli citizens.

I'd be willing to bet that bomb shelters are a common amenity for homes there.

I don't have a bomb shelter. Do you?

SnakeBoy
07-24-2014, 03:50 PM
This pretty much sums up the conflict. Some of you feel bad for the skinny kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnbINwBxg0Y

mercos
07-25-2014, 01:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjW_H1ydFas

Hot damn they have some drama at the UN. Its like an episode of House of Cards.

Jacob1983
07-25-2014, 01:55 AM
What's Israel's response to the Israelis only roads and the Palestinians only roads in the West Bank?

TDMVPDPOY
07-25-2014, 07:04 AM
its funni the jews are trying to deflect shit about other conflicts

this jew is a fkn clown

DarrinS
07-25-2014, 12:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmmPl-84dM8

boutons_deux
07-25-2014, 12:47 PM
http://images.dailykos.com/images/96324/large/Kos-Gaza.jpg?1406214856

Big Empty
07-25-2014, 10:03 PM
This was shot a couple of days ago in a small town in missourri
http://youtu.be/pYCg7_qVLzo

Wild Cobra
07-25-2014, 11:15 PM
This was shot a couple of days ago in a small town in missourri
http://youtu.be/pYCg7_qVLzo
Are those the ones we are sending to the Ukraine?

TDMVPDPOY
07-26-2014, 08:08 AM
israelis make no fkn sense

u want cease fire, then u go put troops on the ground to go in

so tell me whats the point of a cease fire?

u go in expecting clowns to bend over and surrender? u come out with 18 dead soldiers and u blame it on hamas (its either hamas dead or jews dead, might as well save urself and shoot first talk later), the fkn clown in charge of the mission should be shot....did he not take any risk control analysis b4 deciding to go in?

john kerry the clown pushin for a cease fire and jew pm doesnt want one...wtf

lol US puppet state of israel now? wtf did little brother state had the courage to stand up and tell americans what to do, does israel think they are the saudis now? telling US what to do

pgardn
07-26-2014, 08:19 AM
israelis make no fkn sense

u want cease fire, then u go put troops on the ground to go in

so tell me whats the point of a cease fire?

u go in expecting clowns to bend over and surrender? u come out with 18 dead soldiers and u blame it on hamas (its either hamas dead or jews dead, might as well save urself and shoot first talk later), the fkn clown in charge of the mission should be shot....did he not take any risk control analysis b4 deciding to go in?

john kerry the clown pushin for a cease fire and jew pm doesnt want one...wtf

lol US puppet state of israel now? wtf did little brother state had the courage to stand up and tell americans what to do, does israel think they are the saudis now? telling US what to do

Israel is going to make sure they badly damage Hamas capabilities before they leave, idiot.
When they go in on the ground they know the loss of life on both sides will be large.
This is what has happened fairly repetitively. Then Hamas will again try to sneak in armaments with food and medicine.

Repeat process. This is how Hamas has decided how to deal with the situation when Gaza was given self control from within. This is how Israel will retaliate. The block aides would not be necessary if a Hamas did not bring in rockets, etc...

Th'Pusher
07-26-2014, 10:00 AM
So is the media one sided on this or not? Some more objective reporting would be nice, but it Seems you can get both sides of the story if you want.

Shastafarian
07-26-2014, 10:36 AM
The biases are clear on both sides with respect to media coverage. You just have to be mildly intelligent to sift through the bullshit.

Winehole23
07-26-2014, 10:53 AM
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/07/hamas-didnt-kidnap-the-israeli-teens-after-all.html

boutons_deux
07-26-2014, 11:35 AM
‘Witch Hunt’: Fired MSNBC Contributor Speaks Out on Suppression of Israel-Palestine Debate

MSNBC contributor Rula Jebreal’s on-air protest (http://www.mediaite.com/online/msnbc-guest-who-slammed-israel-coverage-claims-upcoming-tv-appearances-cancelled/) of the network’s slanted coverage of Israel’s ongoing assault on the Gaza Strip has brought media suppression of the Israel-Palestine debate into sharp focus. Punished for her act of dissent with the cancellation of all future appearances and the termination of her contract, Jebreal spoke to me about what prompted her to speak out and why MSNBC was presenting such a distorted view of the crisis.

“I couldn’t stay silent after seeing the amount of airtime given to Israeli politicians versus Palestinians,” Jebreal told me. “They say we are balanced but their idea of balance is 90 percent Israeli guests and 10 percent Palestinians. This kind of media is what leads to the failing policies that we see in Gaza.”

She continued, “We as journalists are there to afflict the comfortable and who is comfortable in this case? Who is really endangering both sides and harming American interests in the region? It’s those enforcing the status quo of the siege of Gaza and the occupation of the West Bank.”

Jebreal said that in her two years as an MSNBC contributor, she had protested the network’s slanted coverage repeatedly in private conversations with producers. “I told them we have a serious issue here,” she explained. “But everybody’s intimidated by this pressure and if it’s not direct then it becomes self-censorship.”

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/witch_hunt_fired_msnbc_contributor_suppression_isr ael-palestine_20140724?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%253A+Truthdig+Truthdig%253A+Dril ling+Beneath+the+Headlines

pgardn
07-26-2014, 11:45 AM
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/07/hamas-didnt-kidnap-the-israeli-teens-after-all.html

The Israeli govt. did not torture and burn the poor Arab kid. Hamas applauded the kidnapping. Like OJ, they have not found the perps...

Infinite_limit
07-26-2014, 01:06 PM
You may disagree with Muslims views & way of life but you know where they stand and they make their intentions known. Jews *constantly* say one thing & do another. It's why Europe booted them out

It is time for USA to shut up about Eastern Europe and do something about the the extremist they fund in Israel.

Winehole23
07-27-2014, 03:55 AM
There's no equivalence between Jews and Israel. A political state isn't a race. It isn't even a tribe.

Infinite_limit
07-27-2014, 05:10 AM
‘Witch Hunt’: Fired MSNBC Contributor Speaks Out on Suppression of Israel-Palestine Debate

MSNBC contributor Rula Jebreal’s on-air protest (http://www.mediaite.com/online/msnbc-guest-who-slammed-israel-coverage-claims-upcoming-tv-appearances-cancelled/) of the network’s slanted coverage of Israel’s ongoing assault on the Gaza Strip has brought media suppression of the Israel-Palestine debate into sharp focus. Punished for her act of dissent with the cancellation of all future appearances and the termination of her contract, Jebreal spoke to me about what prompted her to speak out and why MSNBC was presenting such a distorted view of the crisis.

“I couldn’t stay silent after seeing the amount of airtime given to Israeli politicians versus Palestinians,” Jebreal told me. “They say we are balanced but their idea of balance is 90 percent Israeli guests and 10 percent Palestinians. This kind of media is what leads to the failing policies that we see in Gaza.”

She continued, “We as journalists are there to afflict the comfortable and who is comfortable in this case? Who is really endangering both sides and harming American interests in the region? It’s those enforcing the status quo of the siege of Gaza and the occupation of the West Bank.”

Jebreal said that in her two years as an MSNBC contributor, she had protested the network’s slanted coverage repeatedly in private conversations with producers. “I told them we have a serious issue here,” she explained. “But everybody’s intimidated by this pressure and if it’s not direct then it becomes self-censorship.”

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/witch_hunt_fired_msnbc_contributor_suppression_isr ael-palestine_20140724?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%253A+Truthdig+Truthdig%253A+Dril ling+Beneath+the+Headlines
Wow we got a looker. Italian-Palestinian

http://www4.images.coolspotters.com/photos/426138/rula-jebreal-profile.jpg

http://www.lifestylemirror.com/sites/default/files/styles/cover_gallery/public/COVER_Rula_Jebreal_3-5-12_105647971_ref-image7_996x665.jpg

http://pics.wikifeet.com/Rula-Jebreal-Feet-500315.jpg

FuzzyLumpkins
07-27-2014, 07:20 AM
There's no equivalence between Jews and Israel. A political state isn't a race. It isn't even a tribe.

Nice bullshit semantic tap dancing. Too bad it's bullshit.

On May 14, 1948, the independence of the State of Israel was proclaimed by the National Council of the Jewish people in Palestine by virtue of the natural and historic right of the Jewish people to independence in its own sovereign state and in pursuance of the General Assembly resolution of November 29, 1947. Since that date, Israel has been consolidated administratively and defended itself successfully against the aggression of neighboring states. It has so far achieved recognition by nineteen powers.

Israel is a jewish state from it's very inception. The 'Torah is our constitution and our body of law." So what's next? TCU isn't christian?

Winehole23
07-27-2014, 01:57 PM
http://972mag.com/no-more-deaths-israelis-protest-the-gaza-war/94380/

Winehole23
07-27-2014, 01:59 PM
Nice bullshit semantic tap dancing. Too bad it's bullshit.

Israel is a jewish state from it's very inception. The 'Torah is our constitution and our body of law." So what's next? TCU isn't christian?Israel isn't "the Jews." Please try to follow the conversation.

(btw, TCU isn't "the Christians" either.)

Winehole23
07-27-2014, 02:15 PM
Periodically bombing and/or invading a blockaded population is a guaranteed way of ensuring that Israel will face continued hostility from increasingly radical enemies, who thrive on the outrages that any government will inevitably inflict when it uses modern weapons in a densely populated area. These operations not only generate propaganda coups for the people that Israel is supposed to be punishing, but they ensure that the better part of entire generations of Palestinians will opt for violence for years and decades to come. Lowry’s argument is similar to Western justifications for the Iraq sanctions regime during the ’90s. The sanctions inflicted enormous suffering on the civilian population of Iraq and by the most conservative estimates caused the premature deaths of almost three hundred thousand Iraqis, but this was always blamed on the Iraqi government. No matter what the U.S. or its allies and clients do, it is always “ultimately” someone else’s fault. Instead of facing up to the fact that it was the U.S. and other outside powers that were strangling Iraqis with sanctions, we declared Hussein responsible for a horrible policy that was primarily our doing. So it is again today that we have people striving mightily to place the responsibility for Israeli actions on anyone except the government that has ordered them.http://www.theamericanconservative.com/larison/gaza-and-moral-idiocy/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=gaza-and-moral-idiocy

pgardn
07-27-2014, 04:33 PM
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/larison/gaza-and-moral-idiocy/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=gaza-and-moral-idiocy

Israel faced hostility before Gaza was blockaded or even created.

What basically has happened is Israeli civilians face fewer direct bombings at bus stops and markets, etc... via suicide radicals, but now face random rocket attacks.

Winehole23
07-27-2014, 04:55 PM
the recriminations on both sides go back much further than that.

Winehole23
07-27-2014, 04:56 PM
hasbara isn't working this time, is the main difference

pgardn
07-27-2014, 05:34 PM
the recriminations on both sides go back much further than that.

Of course they do, one step at a time.
Why was Gaza allowed Palestinian control? Why did Israel allow Gaza to become a Palestinian territory?

Infinite_limit
07-27-2014, 06:03 PM
Ron Paul: Israel Created Hamas

According to several current and former U.S. intelligence officials, beginning in the late 1970s, Tel Aviv gave direct and indirect financial aid to Hamas over a period of years. Israel “aided Hamas directly — the Israelis wanted to use it as a counterbalance to the PLO (Palestinian Liberation Organization),” said Tony Cordesman, Middle East analyst for the Center for Strategic Studies.

Israel’s support for Hamas “was a direct attempt to divide and dilute support for a strong, secular PLO by using a competing religious alternative,” said a former senior CIA official.

According to documents United Press International obtained from the Israel-based Institute for Counter Terrorism, Hamas evolved from cells of the Muslim Brotherhood, founded in Egypt in 1928. Islamic movements in Israel and Palestine were “weak and dormant” until after the 1967 Six Day War in which Israel scored a stunning victory over its Arab enemies.

After 1967, a great part of the success of the Hamas/Muslim Brotherhood was due to their activities among the refugees of the Gaza Strip. The cornerstone of the Islamic movements success was an impressive social, religious, educational and cultural infrastructure, called Da’wah, that worked to ease the hardship of large numbers of Palestinian refugees, confined to camps, and many who were living on the edge.

“Social influence grew into political influence,” first in the Gaza Strip, then on the West Bank, said an administration official who spoke on condition of anonymity.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2012/11/israel-and-the-u-s-created-hamas-hezbollah-and-other-terrorists-via-blowback.html

Israel started Hamas. It was a project of Shin Bet, which had a feeling that they could use it to hem in the PLO.

pgardn
07-27-2014, 08:55 PM
We also gave money to Iran and supplied them with weapons. Hamas was not the only group Israel gave money to, but they knew what could happen as the Shah was toppled by a similar movement.

Then we gave money to radical Muslims in Afghanistan.

Very_Limited understands that times change and allegiances change?

Btw, the French supplied this breakaway English colony with arms.

boutons_deux
07-27-2014, 09:48 PM
Israel Is Trying To Make Genocide Sexy (http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/07/25/israel-is-trying-to-make-genocide-sexy/)

Throughout history, authoritarian regimes have sought to make their chief perpetrators sexy. For the Nazi’s it was the Aryan‘strength through joy” (http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/strength_through_joy.htm), but North Korea (http://www.businessinsider.com/kim-jong-il-kim-jong-un-north-korea-propoganda-2011-12?op=1), the USSR (http://www.sovietposters.com/), East Germany (http://digitalpostercollection.com/propaganda/1945-1991-cold-war/ddr/)…and yes, even our own Western cultures (http://www.allposters.com/-st/American-Propaganda-Vintage-Art-Posters_c98230_.htm) engage in this.

Israel continues its attacks on Gaza, which cannot be described as anything short of a massacre, with more then 800 dead, 4,000 injured and 80% of those civilians. (http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0725/632975-gaza-israel/)

There are more than 5 million (http://www.unrwa.org/palestine-refugees) Palestinian refugees living in UNWRA camps having been displaced from their lands by Israel
The UN has made 69 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_UN_resolutions_concerning_Israel_and_P alestine) resolutions against Israel, declared its settlement program ‘deplorable’ and illegal (http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=46378#.U8j7uLHCc60)and that its occupation of Gaza and the West Bank violates International Law (http://scholarship.law.berkeley.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1299&context=bjil)
Before and since Israel ‘withdrew’ from Gaza in 2009, it has imprisoned Gaza’s 1.8m inhabitants behind an apartheid wall, and blockaded the strip of land by air and sea too. In 2006, Israeli government adviser Dov Weisglass (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-19975211) said of the deliberate policy to cap food imports to imprisoned Gaza: “The idea is to put the Palestinians on a diet, but not to make them die of hunger.” Nevertheless, the UN describe the blockade as making Gaza “uninhabitable” (http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/nov/22/gaza-uninhabitable-blockade-united-nations).
The United Nations under secretary general for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator John Holmes states that Gaza’s citizens are “living in a large open-air prison,” (http://www.thenational.ae/news/world/middle-east/gaza-is-open-air-prison-un-humanitarian-chief#ixzz37oiU1xVx)
Gaza is the 40th (http://www.vox.com/2014/7/16/5904691/hamas-israel-gaza-11-things) most densely populated place on earth.

It is this open prison into which Israel is firing the full capacity of its land, sea and air forces. This, is a massacre.

So, time to make it sexy. You can rely on the IDF to do their level best to step up. A Facebook page has been set up this week called“Standing With the IDF” (https://www.facebook.com/StandingWithIDF?fref=photo), where women are encouraged to post revealing images of themselves covered in pro-IDF graffiti.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/A00045.jpg?w=590

tits'n'ass'n'guns slide show:

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/07/25/israel-is-trying-to-make-genocide-sexy/?utm_source=crowdignite.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=crowdignite.com

pgardn
07-27-2014, 10:13 PM
Oh good lord boots...

I'm sure this is the trend in Israeli. It's a happy, sexy affair.
Time to party...

boutons_deux
07-27-2014, 10:33 PM
Egyptian army destroys 13 more Gaza tunnels

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/A-Palestinian-man-is-lowered-into-a-smuggling-tunnel-beneath-the-Gaza-Egypt-border-in-the-southern-Gaza-Strip-on-September-11-2013-AFP-Photo_Mahmud-Hams.jpg

Egypt’s army said Sunday it has destroyed 13 more tunnels connecting the Sinai Peninsula to the Gaza Strip, taking to 1,639 the overall number it has laid waste to.
Cairo has poured troops into the peninsula to counter a rising insurgency since the ouster of Islamist president Mohamed Morsi last year, and its security operation involves the destruction of these tunnels.
The Palestinian militant group Hamas, which is the main power in Gaza, reportedly uses the tunnels to smuggle arms, food and money into the blockaded coastal enclave

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/27/egyptian-army-destroys-13-more-gaza-tunnels/?utm_source=crowdignite.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=crowdignite.com

Jacob1983
07-27-2014, 11:25 PM
Huckabubba was drinking the Israeli koolaid on his show. Apparently, it's just a sad fact that innocent civilians are dying in Gaza. Not very Christ like if you ask me but he has to be careful because he can't bash the higher ups.

pgardn
07-28-2014, 07:03 AM
Huckabubba was drinking the Israeli koolaid on his show. Apparently, it's just a sad fact that innocent civilians are dying in Gaza. Not very Christ like if you ask me but he has to be careful because he can't bash the higher ups.

Some of the fundamentalist Christians have a Biblical thing for Israel. John Hagee here in SA has an Israeli flag in his gym.
This mess has some deep roots that have been twisted through time. There is even a ultra orthodox Jewish group that does not believe Israel should even exist based on scripture.

You try to make this simple and you will get very confused. History and interpretations from old texts... It's messed up.
They just gotta stop this massacre of innocents. And eventually agree that Israel is here to stay, or this will never end.
Palestine must be created somehow and be allowed to flourish. Both groups could use the load of tourists that want to visit holy sites in the area. To dream...

Winehole23
07-28-2014, 01:27 PM
http://mondoweiss.net/2012/01/arendt-born-in-conflict-israel-will-degenerate-into-sparta-and-american-jews-will-need-to-back-away.html

Jacob1983
07-28-2014, 03:53 PM
I just don't think some Christians are very Christ like when it comes to their views and opinions of Palestinians. They think every Palestinian is firing rockets at Israel when in reality it's a small number of barbarians.

Aztecfan03
07-28-2014, 11:40 PM
I just don't think some Christians are very Christ like when it comes to their views and opinions of Palestinians. They think every Palestinian is firing rockets at Israel when in reality it's a small number of barbarians.

No one thinks that.

Wild Cobra
07-28-2014, 11:43 PM

Are you really that stupid as to believe that?

boutons_deux
07-29-2014, 08:23 AM
Tunnels Lead Right to the Heart of Israeli Fear

“We will not complete the operation without neutralizing the tunnels, the sole purpose of which is the destruction of our civilians and the killing of our children,” Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel declared in a televised address afterward.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/newsgraphics/2014/07/22/gaza-tunnels/4eceb3a8e5b9d007ee881b4e8e4ed066b840b039/gaza_tunnels-ai2html-945.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/29/world/middleeast/tunnels-lead-right-to-heart-of-israeli-fear.html?_r=0

Shastafarian
07-29-2014, 08:39 AM
Remember when people were all pissed off that Israel wasn't allowing building materials like concrete into Gaza? It would be nice if the palestinians were informed on how their elected govt was using aid materials. Maybe then they'd be smart enough to vote them out.

DarrinS
07-29-2014, 09:25 AM
Remember when people were all pissed off that Israel wasn't allowing building materials like concrete into Gaza? It would be nice if the palestinians were informed on how their elected govt was using aid materials. Maybe then they'd be smart enough to vote them out.

I think they are quite informed on who Hamas is and what they stand for.

boutons_deux
07-29-2014, 09:55 AM
I think they are quite informed on who Hamas is and what they stand for.

and they support Hamas in this war, any horribly desperate, cornered rat would

people were surprised that the Palestinians danced in the streets on 9/11? :lol

Winehole23
07-29-2014, 09:56 AM
Over 1000 dead Palestinians. 236 of them under the age of 18. thousands injured.

Forty IDF killed, four Israeli civilians, one Thai guest laborer.

Winehole23
07-29-2014, 10:32 AM
from the anti-semitic commies at FP: http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2014/07/27/the_eye_of_the_storm_gaza_israel_hamas_cease_fire

Shastafarian
07-29-2014, 10:42 AM
from the anti-semitic commies at FP: http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2014/07/27/the_eye_of_the_storm_gaza_israel_hamas_cease_fire

Israel can be its own worst enemy. I was not a fan of the right-wing movement of recent years.

Infinite_limit
07-29-2014, 02:47 PM
and they support Hamas in this war, any horribly desperate, cornered rat would

people were surprised that the Palestinians danced in the streets on 9/11? :lol
Wait who wasn't dancing?

DarrinS
07-29-2014, 03:57 PM
Wait who wasn't dancing?

prick

pgardn
07-29-2014, 05:39 PM
Wait who wasn't dancing?

So you were?

You wanna give some NYers your address?

Shastafarian
07-29-2014, 08:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KakxXN5Z-XI

Infinite_limit
07-30-2014, 12:28 AM
Jews leveling Gaza

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c77_1406577312

pgardn
07-30-2014, 07:01 AM
Jews leveling Gaza

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c77_1406577312

Amazing yet very sad.

Those strikes don't throw out near as much crap as I thought they would. It's almost like those weapons are imbedded in the structure itself. The dust is to be expected, but the blast is much more contained than I would have thought.

From that perspective anyways...

Cry Havoc
07-30-2014, 08:37 AM
News out of Gaza reporting that Israel bombed a UN school. These are nothing short of war crimes.

Shastafarian
07-30-2014, 09:44 AM
The same UN school that was housing rockets? Israel is not without fault in this fiasco but your hatred clearly clouds judgement.

Shastafarian
07-30-2014, 09:48 AM
Instead of jumping to conclusions and assuming big bad Israel is indiscriminately bombing and droning everything they can hit, maybe you need to understand the situation better:

"More than 200 rockets fired from Gaza have hit Gaza since July 8. Palestinian terrorists fire from civilian areas and hit their own people," the IDF said on Twitter, along with videos that the military said show Hamas fighters launching attacks from inside homes, mosques, hospitals and schools.
Rockets have been found inside U.N. facilities in Gaza. The latest such discovery was Tuesday, the United Nations said.

DarrinS
07-30-2014, 10:02 AM
Come again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Pjl3DzewZ1w

Winehole23
07-30-2014, 11:40 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/world/gaza-counter/

Winehole23
07-30-2014, 11:45 AM
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/07/28/as-israel-enforces-its-buffer-zone-gaza-shrinks-by-40-per-cent.html

Winehole23
07-30-2014, 11:51 AM
Sheera Frankel exposes the rift between intelligence and the politicians over the putative casus belli:

But one Israeli intelligence officer who works in the West Bank and is intimately involved in investigating the case spoke to BuzzFeed on condition of anonymity and said he felt the kidnapping had been used by politicians trying to promote their own agenda.

“That announcement was premature,” the intelligence officer said. “If there was an order, from any of the senior Hamas leadership in Gaza or abroad, this would be an easier case to investigate. We would have that intelligence data. But there is no data, so we have come to conclude that these men were acting on their own.”

Israeli police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld told the BBC (https://twitter.com/JonDonnison/status/492632584736612353) last week that police believed the killers did not have ties to Hamas in Gaza — but did to Hamas in the West Bank. But the Israeli intelligence officer noted that the Shin Bet, Israel’s internal security agency, and Israeli intelligence are the ones taking the lead on the investigation, not the police.

Like other Israeli military officials, the officer said he was worried that events on the ground had been misrepresented by politicians. Netanyahu has long been pressed by more right-wing elements of his government to address Hamas’ growing popularity in the West Bank. In the month prior to the kidnapping, Israel had strongly lobbied against Hamas joining together in a unity government with the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank — a move that brought Hamas into the fold of political life there and could, one day, allow its elected officials to openly campaign in the West Bank. “Hamas in the West Bank is fragmented, there are many factions — could these teens have broken off and called themselves a separate Hamas faction? Possibly. But that is not the most likely scenario, nor the one we are pursuing,” the officer said.

Former Shin Bet Chief Yuval Diskin, who long oversaw Israel’s security operation in the West Bank, recently told (http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/interview-with-former-israeli-security-chief-yuval-diskin-a-982094.html) Der Spiegel he did not believe Hamas was behind the kidnapping.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/sheerafrenkel/israeli-intelligence-officers-doubt-hamas-involvement-in-inc

DarrinS
07-30-2014, 12:03 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/world/gaza-counter/

Just don't hurt our children!!!

From 1970

http://www.oldlifemagazines.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/v/cv061270.jpg

DarrinS
07-30-2014, 12:09 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-dYEFXDaDkKc/TjAS1GTCv-I/AAAAAAAAGg0/3kpScWi-zmA/s640/firstplacesamackerman.jpg

mingus
07-30-2014, 01:22 PM
I'm a Jew and I think whats going on over there with the mass killings of children and civilians is just getting out of hand, it's been getting out of hand for a while. It needs to stop. Israel has shown that a "pin point" offensive is not realistic seeing how the enemy is right in the thick of civilian population. I'd rather Israel take a more defensive approach. The Iron Dome works most of the time (90%), make improvements to that. Also try and search out and destroy the tunnels from Israel. Set up posts all along the border to prevent attacks. Use trip wires, proximity mines--whatever. The cost of the war with all the civilian casualties right now calls for a different strategy.

Winehole23
07-30-2014, 01:23 PM
Darrin waves off the death of innocents with a one panel cartoon and an old Time magazine cover shot.

Trite as ever.

Shastafarian
07-30-2014, 02:31 PM
I agree with mingus. Israel should have a right to destroy tunnels and rockets aimed at killing israeli citizens. However, the civilian casualties are too great. Precise strikes aren't possible in a population that densely packed and with such an organization as Hamas leading them (Hamas wants dead palestinians more than the majority of israelis). I don't know what realistic resolution there can be.

Cry Havoc
07-30-2014, 02:38 PM
The same UN school that was housing rockets? Israel is not without fault in this fiasco but your hatred clearly clouds judgement.

The UN notifies authorities the moment they find anything suspicious. They also notified Israel SEVENTEEN times that they were in a school with civilians and nothing of aggression.

My hatred? Way to put words in my mouth. Go back through my posts on the other topics. I used to be a supporter of Israel. Which would be an odd thing indeed if I hated them. But they have gone over the line. Repeatedly.

Cry Havoc
07-30-2014, 02:40 PM
Darrin waves off the death of innocents with a one panel cartoon and an old Time magazine cover shot.

Trite as ever.

Hey, swallowing the tone-deaf, soon to be out on their ass party line isn't a weekend retreat. To buy into that kind of ignorance you have to go in hook, line, and sinker.

Shastafarian
07-30-2014, 02:52 PM
The UN notifies authorities the moment they find anything suspicious.And? That doesn't do a lot of good if rockets and arms have already been fired from said location.

They also notified Israel SEVENTEEN times that they were in a school with civilians and nothing of aggression. Right so there are two possibilities.
1. Israel wants to kill women and children
2. There was aggression from somewhere in the vicinity.

While I certainly don't think Israel is above reproach, I find it hard to believe they would do this on purpose unless they had a reason. I have actually personally talked to israeli soldiers and have heard horrifying things about what they had done (to civilians). However, I don't think israeli higher command would do this, especially with the media fallout sure to come. Like I said, maybe you need to understand the situation better before labeling an entire country as war criminals.

My hatred? Way to put words in my mouth. Go back through my posts on the other topics. I used to be a supporter of Israel. Which would be an odd thing indeed if I hated them. But they have gone over the line. Repeatedly.From how you spoke it seemed like a "hate" yes. My mistake. You do however seem easily swayed and outraged. Can you link me to your outrage at Hamas using civilians as human shields or hiding weapons in schools?

FuzzyLumpkins
07-30-2014, 03:38 PM
Sheera Frankel exposes the rift between intelligence and the politicians over the putative casus belli:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/sheerafrenkel/israeli-intelligence-officers-doubt-hamas-involvement-in-inc

So the intelligence officer concludes that because there was no radio transmission they intercepted from Hamas commend that it precludes high command from complicity. This sounds like the same type of intelligence that leads to war. No evidence does not necessitate that conclusion.

What you guys seem to refuse to acknowledge is that rockets have been fired form Gaza every single day. If the high command is not complicit, at the very lkeast they cannot control the men that they arm with their best weaponry. Hey its certainly possible but that does not mitigate that those rockets are still coming and represent a de facto cassus belli for reprisal

And whine, you shouldn't call anyone trite when you are putting casualty figures of children absent even the slightest context. BABY KILLLERS!!!!

Anyway the premise if this thread has been thoroughly shown to be asinine bullshit for our resident couple of racists.

DarrinS
07-30-2014, 03:44 PM

Trite as ever.

I feel sorry for those children. You can't choose your parents. Or where you are born.

Winehole23
07-30-2014, 07:23 PM
I feel sorry for those children.Obviously, that was your point.

Winehole23
07-30-2014, 07:25 PM
What you guys seem to refuse to acknowledge is that rockets have been fired form Gaza every single day.who denied it?

Winehole23
07-30-2014, 07:26 PM
And whine, you shouldn't call anyone trite when you are putting casualty figures of children absent even the slightest context.please provide it, profe. i'm all ears.

mingus
07-30-2014, 08:30 PM
I agree with mingus. Israel should have a right to destroy tunnels and rockets aimed at killing israeli citizens. However, the civilian casualties are too great. Precise strikes aren't possible in a population that densely packed and with such an organization as Hamas leading them (Hamas wants dead palestinians more than the majority of israelis). I don't know what realistic resolution there can be.

exactly. Hamas is a pos and wants this. Israel is playing into their hands. All these civilian deaths is just plain wrong and they're not going prevent fundamentalist radicals by doing this. It will only further exacerbate that problem (from within and out of Palestine), which is what Hamas and their equivalents want. They want to spawn new generations of radicalists, and this is precisely how to do it.

Capt Bringdown
07-30-2014, 09:46 PM
Our congress critters hard at work:
S.2673 – A bill to enhance the strategic partnership between the United States and Israel. -- more -->> (https://beta.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/senate-bill/2673/actions)
Sponsor: Sen. Boxer, Barbara [D-CA] (Introduced 07/28/2014)
Number of cosponsors at the time of this posting: 78

http://previous.presstv.ir/photo/20140713/371124_Gaza-Child.jpg

DarrinS
07-30-2014, 09:59 PM
Meanwhile, the death toll in Syria tops 170,000 -- at least a third of those, civilians

pgardn
07-30-2014, 10:31 PM
Meanwhile, the death toll in Syria tops 170,000 -- at least a third of those, civilians

Iraq and Afghanistan are worsening as well.

Places people are not quite as interested in anymore, but obviously more fun if you just want to keep track of deaths via political violence.

Infinite_limit
07-30-2014, 10:32 PM
S.2673 – A bill to enhance the strategic partnership between the United States and Israel. -- more -->> (https://beta.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/senate-bill/2673/actions)

"Barbara Levy Boxer was born in Brooklyn (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooklyn), New York, to Jewish parents"

Adolf where are thou

pgardn
07-30-2014, 10:37 PM

Damn gruesome and sad.

They let photographers in.

Curiously people who like to take pictures find it a bit tougher in Syria.
I guess it's not quite so comfy when you don't have clean delineation of sides.
Yet dead children are dead children. I presume.

FuzzyLumpkins
07-30-2014, 11:03 PM
please provide it, profe. i'm all ears.

Since when is it my job to provide context for your bullshit? Your 'save the children' take was about as trite as possible. That is the point and it still stands. It undermines any veracity that you have which is little.

FuzzyLumpkins
07-30-2014, 11:04 PM
who denied it?

Ignored it then. Amounts to the same sophist shit from you.

TDMVPDPOY
07-31-2014, 01:09 AM
http://www.theage.com.au/world/us-restocks-israel-with-ammunition-as-it-condemns-attack-on-united-nations-school-20140731-zyv3w.html

lol america, israels bitch nothing to see here

if ur american non jew or any interest in these faggots, lol ur taxpayers money

Jacob1983
07-31-2014, 01:24 AM
Why doesn't Murica put some sanctions and pressure on Egypt to let the non psycho non Hamas Palestinians into their country? That would decrease the death toll by a lot.

TDMVPDPOY
07-31-2014, 04:39 AM
Why doesn't Murica put some sanctions and pressure on Egypt to let the non psycho non Hamas Palestinians into their country? That would decrease the death toll by a lot.

question why doesnt america support hamas when they also supported the muslim brotherhood another terrorists group in egypt during the arab spring?

pgardn
07-31-2014, 06:07 AM

Let the terrorists Hamas into their country?
The Egyptians just got done throwing out their much milder mannered big brother.
Hamas was already turning out to be a problem on the border for Morsi.

Middle Eastern countries don't want Hamas, except in Israel.

pgardn
07-31-2014, 06:17 AM
question why doesnt america support hamas when they also supported the muslim brotherhood another terrorists group in egypt during the arab spring?

Because we seem to prefer stability over values for these Arab spring countries in a state of flux.

We learned a lot from Iraq and Afghanistan.
And we watched the Europeans lead in making a mess of Syria and Lybia.
Vacuums in institutions allow for habitation of thugs and zealots it seems.
And we may hate the institutions, but the alternative is often chaotic hell.
Its often easier to navigate places that have rules, even if the rules are repugnant.

DarrinS
07-31-2014, 07:20 AM

Srsly?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/31/world/middleeast/fighting-political-islam-arab-states-find-themselves-allied-with-israel.html?_r=1

Capt Bringdown
07-31-2014, 08:01 AM
US Stands Alone in Vote Against UN Inquiry Into Gaza Assault --- more -->> (http://www.commondreams.org/news/2014/07/24/us-stands-alone-vote-against-un-inquiry-gaza-assault)
The United States was the only country in the world that voted Wednesday against the United Nations investigating human rights violations in Gaza unleashed by Israel's military assault.

http://commondreams.org/sites/default/files/media/gaza_strip_banner.png
You take my water
Burn my olive trees
Destroy my house
Take my job
Steal my land
Imprison my father
Kill my mother
Bomb my country
Starve us all
Humiliate us all
But … I am to blame: I shot a rocket back.

DarrinS
07-31-2014, 08:10 AM
Lol, I shot a rocket back

Shastafarian
07-31-2014, 08:47 AM
There should be an investigation into human rights violations, but from BOTH sides. Hard to say that would be the case when this is the statement coming from the UN:

The council criticized Israeli military operations for perpetuating “widespread, systematic and gross violations of international human rights and fundamental freedoms.

Also, SEVENTEEN countries abstained from the vote. As the US official said this resolution does nothing to end the fighting. Maybe the UN should adopt a resolution requiring Hamas to accept a cease-fire.

Edit: My last sentence wasn't as clearly sarcastic as I intended. Everyone knows the UN is a sham organization shown to be grossly incompetent which also has no real power.

TDMVPDPOY
07-31-2014, 09:32 AM
lol jews lets see you fight against these clowns on equal footing without tanks and shit

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/gaza-crisis-isis-vows-help-palestinians-fight-barbaric-jews-605700

The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) has asked the Palestinians to be patient and stressed that the group will come to fight the "barbaric Jews".

MultiTroll
07-31-2014, 10:17 AM
US Stands Alone in Vote Against UN Inquiry Into Gaza Assault --- more -->> (http://www.commondreams.org/news/2014/07/24/us-stands-alone-vote-against-un-inquiry-gaza-assault)
The United States was the only country in the world that voted Wednesday against the United Nations investigating human rights violations in Gaza unleashed by Israel's military assault.

You used me as a human shield, forced me to stay in an area where you knew return fire rockets would be coming.
Then you photographed me for propoganda purposes
But … Izi is to blame: they shot a rocket back.

DarrinS
07-31-2014, 11:08 AM
lol jews lets see you fight against these clowns on equal footing without tanks and shit

Meh, ISIS too busy killing fellow Muslims.

Infinite_limit
07-31-2014, 12:26 PM

You take my water
Burn my olive trees
Destroy my house
Take my job
Steal my land
Imprison my father
Kill my mother
Bomb my country
Starve us all
Humiliate us all
But … I am to blame: I shot a rocket back.
"9/11 happened because they hate our freedoms"

Shastafarian
07-31-2014, 03:31 PM
9/11 happened because idiots (such as yourself) are easily manipulated.

Infinite_limit
07-31-2014, 03:55 PM
9/11 happened because idiots (such as yourself) are easily manipulated.
"The United States was the only country in the world that voted Wednesday against the United Nations investigating human rights violations"

You fund & defend it. Deserve another attack to be honest.