PDA

View Full Version : Urban Legends...

gospursgojas
08-20-2005, 01:38 AM
Hey guys I was surfin the net and came across some urban legend sites, and that got me thinking about all the shit I hear and wondering if it were true.

Well known ones like:
Was Marilyn Manson really Paul from "The Wonder Years"?
Does Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" synch up with the "Wizard of Oz"?

And also local ones like:
The "Donkey Lady" and
Midget Mansion

Any UL's you guys would like to share???

SpursFanDan
08-20-2005, 01:40 AM
The pink floyd song does match up with the wizard of oz, and the donkey lady, lives about 100 yards from my house, atleast she did when I was a kid.

ZStomp
08-20-2005, 01:41 AM
Those aren't urban legends

SpursFanDan
08-20-2005, 01:45 AM
Those are more like myths, urban legends are like you getting slipped a roofie, someone cuts out your liver, and you wake up in a tub of ice with a sign that says, "you're liver is gone". Something like that, it might not even be a liver, who knows its supposed to be a urban legends.

If you're really curious, watch the movie urban legends.

ZStomp
08-20-2005, 01:49 AM
The Ghost Tracks are an Urban Legend.

The Llorona..

gospursgojas
08-20-2005, 01:51 AM
The Ghost Tracks are an Urban Legend.

The Llorona..

I used to travel back and forth from here to Houston alot and I would always point out to my fiance that one of the creeks had a funny name. Woman hollering creek. Then I heard about Llorona and suppoably the story behind the creek is that thats were some lady's child drowned and you can still hear calling out for him

Cant_Be_Faded
08-20-2005, 02:23 AM
the pink floyd/wizard of oz thing shouldnt be considered an urban legend

Dre_7
08-20-2005, 03:53 AM
Or the classic Mexican Hairless Dog(Rat) legend.

Babysitter takes LSD and bakes an infant in the oven instead of the turkey.

Alligators in NYC sewers.

Snakes in McDonalds ballpits.

AIDs needles in movie theater seats.

Killer calling the babysitter from upstairs.

Woman boils her insides in a tanning both.

Girl Microwaves her small dog to get it dry.

Etc, etc, etc. TLC used to have an Urban Legend program. Kinda interesting.

King
08-20-2005, 08:24 AM
www.snopes.com

great site for urban legends.

samikeyp
08-20-2005, 09:58 AM
I used to travel back and forth from here to Houston alot and I would always point out to my fiance that one of the creeks had a funny name. Woman hollering creek. Then I heard about Llorona and suppoably the story behind the creek is that thats were some lady's child drowned and you can still hear calling out for him

the same story is part of the San Antonio Ghost Tour downtown.

BadlyDrawnBoy
08-20-2005, 10:05 AM
1 entry found for urban legends.

urban legend
n.

An apocryphal story involving incidents of the recent past, often including elements of humor and horror, that spreads quickly and is popularly believed to be true.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-20-2005, 02:43 PM
Well I don't know about american urban legends. Over here in Argentina, there are plenty of Urban legends. For example, there is one lake (more like a lagoon) that is situated about 250 km from Cordoba (a city). This lagoon is called "La laguna de los llantos" and its called that way because when the gauchos ride past the lagoon at night, you can hear what sounds like babies crying. This isn't really an urban legend since this does happen, however, its nothing ghostly or anything. The sound is created by the chorus of thousands of ducks that live in the lagoon. I suppose it was creepy for the local people though.

Shelly
08-20-2005, 04:19 PM
www.snopes.com

great site for urban legends.

Always, always, check snopes first.

Snopes is your friend.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
08-20-2005, 04:41 PM
Try www.jkcinema.com they have a few urban legends, Myths, and Ghost videos

samikeyp
08-20-2005, 06:19 PM
Midget Mansion. Depending on who you talked to, it was in several different places.

Jester1525
08-20-2005, 09:52 PM
Always, always, check snopes first.

Snopes is your friend.

http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/marilyn.htm

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/vanities/ribs.htm

The sone
08-21-2005, 02:24 AM
i always liked the tracks...you know all of the dead little kids. how sad, but good for the halloween season.

ZStomp
08-21-2005, 02:25 AM
i always liked the tracks...you know all of the dead little kids. how sad, but good for the halloween season.

Especially the last one...oh nevermind.

The sone
08-21-2005, 02:28 AM
Especially the last one...oh nevermind.

??? :rolleyes

Marklar MM
08-21-2005, 12:19 PM
Marilyn Manson is not Paul from the Wonder Years.

BadlyDrawnBoy
08-21-2005, 12:25 PM
Midget Mansion. Depending on who you talked to, it was in several different places.

Isn't it off of I-10 north where the Lowe's is.

BadlyDrawnBoy
08-21-2005, 12:26 PM
??? :rolleyes

but good for the halloween season.

BadlyDrawnBoy
08-21-2005, 12:29 PM

You do know all of that is untrue. No true hitting a school bus, no streets being named after the chidren, no ghosts pushing you.

The road leading up to the tracks is actually slanted forward but looks like it goes up hill. An illlusion.

Take a basketball and hold it where you would stop your car, let it go and the ball will roll down the street. The tracks have been debunked many times.

The names of the roads nearby are named after the developers family members.

The sone
08-21-2005, 03:16 PM
You do know all of that is untrue. No true hitting a school bus, no streets being named after the chidren, no ghosts pushing you.

The road leading up to the tracks is actually slanted forward but looks like it goes up hill. An illlusion.

Take a basketball and hold it where you would stop your car, let it go and the ball will roll down the street. The tracks have been debunked many times.

The names of the roads nearby are named after the developers family members.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :pctoss
YOU RUINED IT!!!! :bang :cuss :flipoff :makemyday :stfu NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

arg...

gospursgojas
08-21-2005, 06:48 PM
I10 North I thought it was an East West highway

BadlyDrawnBoy
08-21-2005, 07:09 PM
I10 North I thought it was an East West highway

Nope, where the Lowe's is.

howbouthemspurs
08-24-2005, 11:40 PM
DAMN gospursgojas!!! your girlfriend is hot!! I would like to get a piece of that!!!!

TheTruth
08-25-2005, 03:12 AM
DAMN gospursgojas!!! your girlfriend is hot!! I would like to get a piece of that!!!!
Damn, Don't beat around the bush do you.

gospursgojas
08-25-2005, 03:17 AM

:lol fuck you Arnold...

That new chimp you are dating aint as bad as the donkey you were fucking

TheTruth
08-26-2005, 02:03 AM
^ oh snap...dem sound like fighting words

gospursgojas
08-26-2005, 02:04 AM
Nah...howboutthemspurs is some guy with down syndrome I take care of

Nbadan
08-26-2005, 03:14 AM
Bride and Seek

During the wedding reception of a young couple, the guests decided to play a drunken game of hide and seek. It was decided that the groom was "it" and he eventually found everyone except his new bride.

The longer he searched the more frusturated he became and he was soon furious thinking she had left. He decided the game wasn't funny anymore and went home without his bride. As weeks went by, he accepted that she'd had second thoughts and went on with her life so he did the same.

A few years later a cleaning lady dusted off an old trunk in the attic of the building where the reception had taken place, out of curiosity she opened it.

Inside the trunk was the rotted body of the missing bride who'd apparently became locked in the trunk she'd chosen to hide in. Whether she'd suffocated or starved was unknown, but her face was frozen in a scream.

Nbadan
08-26-2005, 03:42 AM
Aren't You Glad You Didn't Turn on the Light?

Two college roommates were complete opposites, one liked to study while the other liked to party. In preparation for their upcoming midterms, the studious roommate (Jane) planned a Friday night of studying while the partier (Mary) decided to go to a frat party.

The two were friends, regardless of their differences, and while Mary got ready for the party, she tried to get Jane to go. Jane insisted on studying and Mary set out for the party. Jane agreed to leave the door unlocked, so that Mary wouldn't have to bring her keys.

While Mary was at the party, she met up with another group of friends and they convinced Mary to stay at their place for the night. Mary agreed but had to stop back at her room to get her keys. It was about 2 a.m. when Mary got back. She snuck in and grabbed her keys, leaving the lights off, not wanting to wake her roommate.

The next morning Mary walked home, intent to ask Jane for some study help. When she reached her room and opened the door she saw Jane murdered at her desk! Written on the wall in Jane's blood was "Aren't you glad you didn't turn on the light?"

Nbadan
08-26-2005, 03:47 AM
Which Tire?

Two students decide to go skiing for the weekend, and are having such a good time they decide to blow off the (calculus, I believe) exam that they have scheduled for Monday morning in order to get some final runs in before they head back to school. They decide to tell the prof that they got a flat tire and therefore deserve to take the exam at a rescheduled time.

Hearing the story, said professor agrees that it really was just bad luck, and of course they can take the exam later. At the appointed time, the prof greets them and places them in two separate rooms to take the exam.

The few questions on the first page are worth a minor 10% of the overall grade, and are quite easy. Each student grows progressively confident as they take the test, sure that they have gotten away with fooling the professor. However, when they turn to the second page they discover that they really haven't.

The only question on the page, worth 90% of the exam, reads: "Which tire?"

Taco
08-26-2005, 12:38 PM
Does Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" synch up with the "Wizard of Oz"?

Try this one it's pretty neat