Clipper Nation
07-15-2014, 02:49 PM

:lol Meanwhile, Kirby's 48.5 is about to kick in

-21-
07-15-2014, 02:54 PM
Wow, props to Dirk.

Infinite_limit
07-15-2014, 02:55 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1105/dirk.nowitzki.rare.photos/images/dirk-germany2.jpg

Spur-Addict
07-15-2014, 02:56 PM

:lol Battling with Sacramento to avoid being the worst in the division

TE
07-15-2014, 02:56 PM
Dirks a badass

mavsfan1000
07-15-2014, 02:59 PM
Dirk is awesome.

Fpoonsie
07-15-2014, 02:59 PM
:cry hero :cry

Infinite_limit
07-15-2014, 03:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOHLeXxfNu0

Buddy Mignon
07-15-2014, 03:04 PM
Dirk's a sucka!!! None of you jackasses would take a pay cut at your jobs... why should he? Role players should take pay cuts, no the stars. You niggas got the game fucked up. Dirk should be making 25 mil. Parson should be making 2-5 mil.

NBAFan
07-15-2014, 03:05 PM
"Story going online now detailing how Rockets AND Lakers called w/max offers for Nowitzki, but he rebuffed all outside interest to stay w/DAL."
OMG the drama queen and Melo need to learn from Dirk!

dude1394
07-15-2014, 03:06 PM
Dirk's a sucka!!! None of you jackasses would take a pay cut at your jobs... why should he? Role players should take pay cuts, no the stars. You niggas got the game fucked up. Dirk should be making 25 mil. Parson should be making 2-5 mil.

And here I was thinking how classy the spurs forum was compared to the rockettes. Too bad...

Brunodf
07-15-2014, 03:08 PM
And here I was thinking how classy the spurs forum was compared to the rockettes. Too bad...
He is a lakers fan

Clipper Nation
07-15-2014, 03:09 PM
You're missing the point that the NBA's salary cap, which only gets stricter with each new CBA, forces stars to choose between money and winning....

Some players, like Dirk, value winning, and on the other end of the spectrum, there's Kirby :lol

dude1394
07-15-2014, 03:09 PM
He is a lakers fan

That explains a lot.. thanks...

Infinite_limit
07-15-2014, 03:11 PM
Dying alone on a pile of money long forgotten sounds like fun

Dex
07-15-2014, 03:15 PM
Props to The Big German. :tu Classy guy. Almost :cry Spurs classy :cry

Fpoonsie
07-15-2014, 03:17 PM
That explains a lot.. thanks...

That said, don't be a faggot.

LkrFan
07-15-2014, 03:21 PM

Which one is the greater achievement?

A) 1
B) 5
C) 0

PS - guess which one is a Cottonpicker?

:downspin:

Clipper Nation
07-15-2014, 03:22 PM
Which one is the greater achievement?

A) 1
B) 5
C) 0

:downspin:
B. Tim Duncan's 5

LkrFan
07-15-2014, 03:23 PM
B. Tim Duncan's 5

Any B2Bs or 3peat? :downspin:

Clipper Nation
07-15-2014, 03:25 PM
Any B2Bs or 3peat? :downspin:
Definitely no shitbags... those are located in Los Angeles :downspin:

Buddy Mignon
07-15-2014, 03:25 PM
You're missing the point that the NBA's salary cap, which only gets stricter with each new CBA, forces stars to choose between money and winning....

Some players, like Dirk, value winning, and on the other end of the spectrum, there's Kirby :lol

Tell me something Clippa fan. What the fuck would you know about winning? The players are the idiots that agreed to this new CBA. I think it makes perfect sense for the players that put asses in the seats to make the bulk of the salary cap. I saw nothing wrong with MJ making 30 mil while Pippen made 3 mil. I see nothing wrong with Kobe making 25 mil while some stiff like Pau should make 5 mil.

Leon Black
07-15-2014, 03:26 PM
Dirk is one of a kind. And lol at Rockets and Lakers thinking he would ever entertain leaving Dallas.

LkrFan
07-15-2014, 03:27 PM
Definitely no shitbags... those are located in Los Angeles :downspin:
The cotton stays across the hall.

Clipper Nation
07-15-2014, 03:28 PM
The cotton stays across the hall.
The Bag stays in California.

LkrFan
07-15-2014, 03:31 PM
The Bag stays in Texas.

Agreed.

InRareForm
07-15-2014, 03:34 PM
Cuban will ttake Care of him after he retires as well

Buddy Mignon
07-15-2014, 03:36 PM
Cuban will ttake Care of him after he retires as well

Yeah right. Dirk will retire in Kenya and become a goat herder in a couple of years.

Malik Hairston
07-15-2014, 03:39 PM
Taking a paycut is cool if your owner/management uses your generosity to built a nice team around you..not sure if getting Chandler Parsons is really "rewarding" Dirk for taking a paycut, but I guess it's better than nothing, tbh:lol..

Infinite_limit
07-15-2014, 03:42 PM
Taking a paycut is cool if your owner/management uses your generosity to built a nice team around you..not sure if getting Chandler Parsons is really "rewarding" Dirk for taking a paycut, but I guess it's better than nothing, tbh:lol..
Blacks can't comprehend less money for better living

lefty
07-15-2014, 03:43 PM
Ze Mazter Race is very zmart

Buddy Mignon
07-15-2014, 03:46 PM

Kobe 5
Spurs 5

???

DPG21920
07-15-2014, 03:54 PM

This is a terrible argument given the context - especially the "our jobs" part. Should Dirk be making more? Absolutely. But players are having to decide.

You were complaining about Lin & LA being a massive joke of a team now & possibly getting Lance. That's all because Kobe. Guys taking cuts are going further. Kobe is finished at 5 and you have to suffer through it as a fan because Kobe got paid. You're the sucka. You're broke, root for a terrible team & get called an idiot by the player you love.

Buddy Mignon
07-15-2014, 04:05 PM
This is a terrible argument given the context - especially the "our jobs" part. Should Dirk be making more? Absolutely. But players are having to decide.

You were complaining about Lin & LA being a massive joke of a team now & possibly getting Lance. That's all because Kobe. Guys taking cuts are going further. Kobe is finished at 5 and you have to suffer through it as a fan because Kobe got paid. You're the sucka. You're broke, root for a terrible team & get called an idiot by the player you love.

Like I've said... the players fucked themselves. And I will never sign on or give credit to a guy that takes less than his value to appease, or split the pie with a bunch of scrubs.

DPG21920
07-15-2014, 04:12 PM
Like I've said... the players fucked themselves. And I will never sign on or give credit to a guy that takes less than his value to appease, or split the pie with a bunch of scrubs.

Well if those scrubs keep you from being a joke & help you stack titles & improve your legacy, might be worth it.

These guys are here for our entertainment. Kobe just sh*t all over your hopes & dreams & you're paying him to do so. Sounds a lot like being a cuck.

Infinite_limit
07-15-2014, 04:17 PM
Dirk will never see that money. Many wealth people choose not to give their offspring any inheritance because it just fuels lazy entitlement.

If my choice is donating to charity OR having a quality SF. . . .

spurraider21
07-15-2014, 04:25 PM
Dirk is dat dude. He's been one of my favorites for a long time, and that's saying something considering he plays for the mavs. Props to him and mavfan

SpurSwag
07-15-2014, 04:47 PM

I actually agree with you to an extent, but give I give Dirk a pass because of his age. Although 25 mil is an extreme pay cut for a player of that caliber, even at his advanced age. That's why I was all for Lebron demanding the max, the best player in the game should be paid as that and it sets a bad example for him not to be making the most money. Stars should be paid as stars in their primes.

Infinite_limit
07-15-2014, 04:57 PM
I actually agree with you to an extent, but give I give Dirk a pass because of his age. Although 25 mil is an extreme pay cut for a player of that caliber, even at his advanced age. That's why I was all for Lebron demanding the max, the best player in the game should be paid as that and it sets a bad example for him not to be making the most money. Stars should be paid as stars in their primes.
Or what?

Buddy Mignon
07-15-2014, 05:01 PM

Dirk took a pay cut a few years ago to keep his title team together. How was he rewarded? Cuban broke up the team for a pipe dream. The NBA owners are laughing their asses off at the stupidity of the players. They've used the media to create this negative stigma about teams that go over the salary cap, and castrate players that demand max contracts. This is why you see max players taking pay cuts. You only have only one winner at the end of the season. But with this current mindset all of the owners win. To prove my point and to show how stupid most of these guys are in this thread... the Bulls refused to break bread with its role players even after winning a three-peat, yet they were more than willing to cut MJ his 30 mil. That's the way it should be... not the other way around where superstar players are taking less so that scrub role players can be overpaid.

SpurSwag
07-15-2014, 05:02 PM
Or what?

I remember reading something about the Lebron situation with him demanding the max where it said he had to do it or else it weakens the players case against owners. Him taking any less than the max gives owners the power to guilt other players into taking less than their market value, as it becomes some sort of "if lebron's willing to sacrifice for the good of the team, you should be too" type of situation. Again it makes sense for Tim and Dirk to take less, but I think it'd be ridiculous if Lebron were to come out now and take a 3 year 30 million dollar contract

Malik Hairston
07-15-2014, 05:03 PM

I completely support the idea of taking less to win, I'm just saying that I don't think that Chandler Parsons is a sufficient reward for Nowitzki's generosity, tbh..

SpurSwag
07-15-2014, 05:05 PM
Dirk took a pay cut a few years ago to keep his title team together. How was he rewarded? Cuban broke up the team for a pipe dream. The NBA owners are laughing their asses off at the stupidity of the players. They've used the media to create this negative stigma about teams that go over the salary cap, and castrate players that demand max contracts. This is why you see max players taking pay cuts. You only have only one winner at the end of the season. But with this current mindset all of the owners win. To prove my point and to show how stupid most of these guys are in this thread... the Bulls refused to break bread with its role players even after winning a three-peat, yet they were more than willing to cut MJ his 30 mil. That's the way it should be... not the other way around where superstar players are taking less so that scrub role players can be overpaid.

Yes and no, If the only way for Dallas to have enough room to sign help is for Dirk to take less money, then for him its probably worth it because Dirk legitimately needs more help to win now. At this point, it's debatable to call Dirk a superstar anymore so a pay cut makes some sense. But for someone like Lebron to take a pay cut in his prime now that he's a free agent would be ridiculous, and I'm glad he demanded the max

Infinite_limit
07-15-2014, 05:08 PM
I remember reading something about the Lebron situation with him demanding the max where it said he had to do it or else it weakens the players case against owners. Him taking any less than the max gives owners the power to guilt other players into taking less than their market value, as it becomes some sort of "if lebron's willing to sacrifice for the good of the team, you should be too" type of situation. Again it makes sense for Tim and Dirk to take less, but I think it'd be ridiculous if Lebron were to come out now and take a 3 year 30 million dollar contract
Are we assuming owners will spend over the Cap? If they don't, guys taking Max contracts are taking money out of the pockets of lower tier guys that live modest lives

Buddy Mignon
07-15-2014, 05:09 PM

Exactly!!! But even Dirk and Jim should demand for much more than they got. Maybe not max, but damn there close. The players are thinking about the perception of being greedy, while the owners are at constant war with the bottom line. Very few owners give a fuck about the fans or the players. Dr. Buss was a rare breed in this situation. I'd rather see the owners pay the luxury tax than to see the stars lose money... knowing only one team can win a title. If I had my way the role players would catch hell at the negotiating table.

Killakobe81
07-15-2014, 05:14 PM

This. Im a corporate trainer I should take a paycut so some bottom level entry level employee (God bless'em) can get a raise?

Buddy Mignon
07-15-2014, 05:14 PM
Are we assuming owners will spend over the Cap? If they don't, guys taking Max contracts are taking money out of the lower tier guys that live modest lives

And this is the way it should be. In every company that has a sales team you'll find the guys in the top percentile winning the huge bonuses, the free trips, the corner offices... and such. The lower tier agents either step their game up, or continue to barely make over base salary. This is how the NBA should work. Who gives a fuck if a Chandler Parson isn't happy.

Buddy Mignon
07-15-2014, 05:16 PM
This. Im a corporate trainer I should take a paycut so some bottom level entry level employee (God bless'em) can get a raise?

Yet all of these fans are applauding this shit like a bunch of minions.

~O~
07-15-2014, 05:19 PM
Doesn't matter. Still rich and bills will be paid and eating.

spurraider21
07-15-2014, 05:20 PM
Yet all of these fans are applauding this shit like a bunch of minions.
There isn't a predetermined income cap in the corporation though

Kool Bob Love
07-15-2014, 05:22 PM
Lakers really offered dirk a max contract??? Wtf.:lmao

Killakobe81
07-15-2014, 05:24 PM
I said it at the time the players were dumb. If league was struggling how can I shit franchise like the bucks in a crappy market get sold for over $550 million and Cuban to complain they got off "cheap" and be right. Players took a dumb deal. Yes Kobe's deal sucks ... but the CBA is worse. You dummies applaud a CBA that forces the best players to take paycuts only to overpay Hayward, Parsons and Chandler Frye.

Yes the lakers suck but I said it was a shitty deal back when it was signed. Owners are not offering a cheaper or better product with the money they saved by placing salary restrictions and ceilings ... that is straight cash for dem owners. Screw them. Kobe should get paid if we suck ... Oh, well. I wanted him to take $15 (never 10 like Dirk or Tim) but I dont begrudge him it. This CBA is dumb and the GM's dumber.

spurraider21
07-15-2014, 05:24 PM
:lol paying Jordan Hill 9 million when Dirk gets 8.3

3/25 is the same as Lin/Asik got, but without the poison pill

Buddy Mignon
07-15-2014, 05:25 PM
There isn't a predetermined income cap in the corporation though

There is a budget, and in most cases when management repeatedly go over it heads roll.

Buddy Mignon
07-15-2014, 05:26 PM
Lakers really offered dirk a max contract??? Wtf.:lmao

Dirk is worth it.

Killakobe81
07-15-2014, 05:26 PM
There is a budget, and in most cases when management repeatedly go over it heads roll.

There are income caps it just is not called that ...

spurraider21
07-15-2014, 05:29 PM
There are income caps it just is not called that ...
Bonuses and such are based on profit, aren't they? I don't think there is a predetermined cap on how much profit a corporation takes in. You are comparing apples to oranges

Buddy Mignon
07-15-2014, 05:32 PM
I said it at the time the players were dumb. If league was struggling how can I shit franchise like the bucks in a crappy market get sold for over $550 million and Cuban to complain they got off "cheap" and be right. Players took a dumb deal. Yes Kobe's deal sucks ... but the CBA is worse. You dummies applaud a CBA that forces the best players to take paycuts only to overpay Hayward, Parsons and Chandler Frye.

Yes the lakers suck but I said it was a shitty deal back when it was signed. Owners are not offering a cheaper or better product with the money they saved by placing salary restrictions and ceilings ... that is straight cash for dem owners. Screw them. Kobe should get paid if we suck ... Oh, well. I wanted him to take $15 (never 10 like Dirk or Tim) but I dont begrudge him it. This CBA is dumb and the GM's dumber.

I've sided with the owners all along. As a businessman I see their point, and agree with it. But as someone who was always in the top tier in sales, I cringe to see guys like Pau, Parson, Joe Johnson, Amare, and so many others get overpaid. This is where the owners are at fault. The end result will be an improvement in overseas play. You'll find much more top tier talent going overseas to cash in. Makes me feel like were turning into a 3rd world country...:lmao

midnightpulp
07-15-2014, 05:34 PM
I've sided with the owners all along. As a businessman I see their point, and agree with it. But as someone who was always in the top tier in sales, I cringe to see guys like Pau, Parson, Joe Johnson, Amare, and so many others get overpaid. This is where the owners are at fault. The end result will be an improvement in overseas play. You'll find much more top tier talent going overseas to cash in. Makes me feel like were turning into a 3rd world country...:lmao

Sup with that 200.00, homie.

Buddy Mignon
07-15-2014, 05:38 PM
Sup with that 200.00, homie.

I told you... if Cully says pay... I pay. That's my word. For what it's worth, I feel shitty about you being caught in the cross fire. You're an honest man... but I'm loyal to a fault.

Killakobe81
07-15-2014, 05:56 PM
Bonuses and such are based on profit, aren't they? I don't think there is a predetermined cap on how much profit a corporation takes in. You are comparing apples to oranges

There is no cap in how much profit a team can make either (IIRC) the players just get a pre-determined % of "profits". But the owners are notorious for not accurately reporting said profits. My issue is that the owners "collude" to keep salaries down in CBA negotiations but once a new deal is struck go spending like crazy since they know they screwed the players over. If DPG and others are worried about the fans, then why not push owners not to lower ticket prices or NBALP fees? They dont give a shit even less than the players do. Screw them. But Kobe, Dirk and duncan all time GOAT caliber players at their positions should take less?

BlackSwordsMan
07-15-2014, 05:57 PM
great fucking guy :cry

BlackSwordsMan
07-15-2014, 05:57 PM
Whoever wins mavs v spurs next season is the new NBA champ

spurraider21
07-15-2014, 06:06 PM
There is no cap in how much profit a team can make either (IIRC) the players just get a pre-determined % of "profits". But the owners are notorious for not accurately reporting said profits. My issue is that the owners "collude" to keep salaries down in CBA negotiations but once a new deal is struck go spending like crazy since they know they screwed the players over. If DPG and others are worried about the fans, then why not push owners not to lower ticket prices or NBALP fees? They dont give a shit even less than the players do. Screw them. But Kobe, Dirk and duncan all time GOAT caliber players at their positions should take less?
i'm just saying comparing paycuts on a corporate level are apples and oranges when comparing NBA players taking paycuts. lebron took a paycut to play alongside Wade/Bosh because he wants to win. you have no incentive to take a paycut for a low level employee. its a different ballpark

Splits
07-15-2014, 08:33 PM
Dayummmm, Kirbystan is maaaaddd

Killakobe81
07-15-2014, 08:33 PM
i'm just saying comparing paycuts on a corporate level are apples and oranges when comparing NBA players taking paycuts. lebron took a paycut to play alongside Wade/Bosh because he wants to win. you have no incentive to take a paycut for a low level employee. its a different ballpark

I get that, but that is also a silly response. Lebron took less for Wade & Bosh not Chalmers and Norris cole that is the point I am making ...

Juggity
07-15-2014, 08:38 PM
Dirk will recoup that money and more after Cuban offers him an ownership stake/FO job when his NBA career is over. He made the right choice taking less now.

If only Kobe were that intelligent...maybe the ol' bag would be prepping for a run at #6 instead of another run at the lottery :lol

Killakobe81
07-15-2014, 08:38 PM
Dayummmm, Kirbystan is maaaaddd

Im not mad said this when the CBA was struck. Just pointing it out because people want to give dirk saint-hood ...and he probably doesn't ring and gave Cube's rich ass a discount. I just dont support that shit. I was a victim of a layoff from a great job with one of dem shady banks some years back so I guess now I have love for corporate big wigs with their golden parachutes and profit sharing fuck 'em. It's supposed to be a free capitalist economy so no one should be restricted on how much they can make.

spurraider21
07-15-2014, 08:42 PM
I get that, but that is also a silly response. Lebron took less for Wade & Bosh not Chalmers and Norris cole that is the point I am making ...
duncan took less to keep splitter, green, diaw

Killakobe81
07-15-2014, 08:45 PM
duncan took less to keep splitter, green, diaw

Splitter was already signed same with Green ... Yes it helped keep Diaw and mills. but if they did walk wgaf? you play someone else those are role players. Valuable sure but Spurs can find others they always do.

Splits
07-15-2014, 08:50 PM
Look, the players union fucked up in the last CBA. The owners pwned them. There's no way around that. I'm on the players side. Fuck the owners. But the situation is what it is. Kobe taking a third of the salary cap and then "expecting" to compete for a title is disingenuous at best and psychotic at worst. Unless he's completely delusional, there was no way he could have expected the Lakers to compete for anything if he was going to eat $24m per year with 0 young assets and minimal draft picks thanks to Mitch/Nash. He's trying to have it both ways, everyone can see through the charade, but Kirbystan wants to deflect and make excuses.

spurraider21
07-15-2014, 08:52 PM
Splitter was already signed same with Green ... Yes it helped keep Diaw and mills. but if they did walk wgaf? you play someone else those are role players. Valuable sure but Spurs can find others they always do.
duncan signed for 3 years 30 million a few years ago. that money was used for splitter, green, diaw

ambchang
07-15-2014, 09:12 PM
You guys are comparing different situations, after the 12.3% California tax (0% tax) and the 50% Vanessa tax (vs. 0 for Dirk), they take home about the same.

Finally, the CBA is stupid, it makes no sense to have the best player take a pay cut so that mid level players can earn the same as the max players. However, a few issues here:
1) Players do not have leverage. What are you going to do if you don't sign a CBA? Play in Italy? Flip burgers in the local joint? Mean while, owners continue to rake in millions from their other business ventures.
2) Signing dumbass contracts for mid level players are management's issues. When a star signs a reduced contract, conditions on player moves should be there. Without it, management can sign a bunch of high school kids to $15M contracts and get nothing in return.
3) Duncan didn't really sign a reduced contract based on his play level when he signed it. Duncan wasn't playing that well when he signed it back then. It was a reduced contract as compared to his legacy with the Spurs. But why hamstrung the organization with a financial reward when all you want is to win more rings? You sign on for getting rewarded with something you want, not what some Naruto lover thinks you should have.

Sportstudi
07-15-2014, 09:13 PM

Yes and no. Dirk turned down $16 million in 2010 to get a better roster. It paid off by winning in 2011. However, the team broke up afterwards. So, it was not a perfect outcome.

And for the paycut he took this time: The max contract for Dirk from another team is 4/102. That means he turned down $77 million as apparently both the Rockets and the Lakers offered him a max contract (according to rumours). Seriously, is there any other guy in the NBA who would turn down that amount of money just for the team? The only one I could think of would be Duncan, but that's it.

Killakobe81
07-15-2014, 09:34 PM
duncan signed for 3 years 30 million a few years ago. that money was used for splitter, green, diaw

wasnt talking about that cut ...talking the latest one with new CBA which is the one that is relevant to topic at hand ...

Bill_Brasky
07-15-2014, 09:46 PM
:lol why would you even pretend that those jobs are comparable?

Thebesteva
07-15-2014, 09:47 PM
After Kobe won in 09-10 he stopped giving a shit tbh, he wants that max money. People forget that he wasnt even a top 10 paid NBA player until 2007. That's 96-2007 without seeing top 10 money.

m>s
07-15-2014, 10:02 PM
dirk is a humble man of great honor..unlike the guys you see at the complete opposite end of the spectrum.

he did it for his team as much as he did it for himself..so that the mavs could sign a little young talent that will be around even after dirk is gone. he's alluded to the fact that he doesn't expect to win another championship he just wants to stay competitive and retire a maverick. i'm happy to have had him as our franchise player for so long..thank you dirk.

Ghazi
07-15-2014, 10:11 PM
I have a tough time believing Dirk was offered 4/102 by anyone..that's absurd

m>s
07-15-2014, 10:19 PM
I have a tough time believing Dirk was offered 4/102 by anyone..that's absurd
i thinkt he rockets actually did it..makes sense. howard is the ultimate compliment to dirk and they are trying to put together a team that can contend now.

Reck
07-15-2014, 10:49 PM
Hard to hate on this guy.

Muser
07-16-2014, 04:20 AM

This comparison is stupid and you know it is.

Pelicans78
07-16-2014, 05:49 AM

I agree. Dirk had a strong season. No reason for him to take a big paycut.

resistanze
07-16-2014, 09:09 AM
Wow, players are really taking it up the ass nowadays tbh. 'Sacrificing money to win' but the owners put all their efforts in the last CBA in achieving the exact opposite.

So now players have to sign for less money than their worth for their teams to operate in the system THEY wanted? :lol

TDMVPDPOY
07-16-2014, 09:24 AM
seriously how much money does a team make from winning a championship?

its not like the nba cba revenue sharing gives the team that wins the championship or RS alot of money anyway for finish 1st place...

Killakobe81
07-16-2014, 10:14 AM
Look, the players union fucked up in the last CBA. The owners pwned them. There's no way around that. I'm on the players side. Fuck the owners. But the situation is what it is. Kobe taking a third of the salary cap and then "expecting" to compete for a title is disingenuous at best and psychotic at worst. Unless he's completely delusional, there was no way he could have expected the Lakers to compete for anything if he was going to eat $24m per year with 0 young assets and minimal draft picks thanks to Mitch/Nash. He's trying to have it both ways, everyone can see through the charade, but Kirbystan wants to deflect and make excuses.

I actually agree with you here, Splitts. He has to be delusional as is the Lakers front office. The way I see it the 48 million is "hush" money. If Kobe feels the need to gripe Laker's FO can point to 48 million reasons why he should suck it up, shut it up and play. This is not about Kobe for me, I just think the players got hosed. Kobe did not but his team will suffer for it in the short term. Long-term building around young players and avoiding long contracts the Lakers will be better for it. Kobe is done rinning as an alpha he does not see it, but everyone else (non kirb stans) can see that. He should be a #2 at this point ...

Killakobe81
07-16-2014, 10:26 AM
:lol why would you even pretend that those jobs are comparable?

Never said it was a direct comparison dont be obtuse ... Im speaking in the spirit of the last shitty CBA. At every company I worked for and I have trained sales, service collections etc. Almost every company pays for performance. I get that team sports are different. But in no business does it make sense for top perfomers to take a cut to to pay low or mediocre performers. All bonuses, annual increases or special bonuses for company success is tied to sales numbers, KPI's, customer surveys or % collected etc. The better you perform the better your pay. Not sure how they would go to that model in the NBA but I guess the closest in sports to that is "arbitration" in MLB ... at least in that setup guys get raises based on what they did.

Thread
07-16-2014, 10:27 AM
The Cubes has always kicked him around with impunity. When you stand by an owner and allow him to piss on your Championship, refusing to defend it you're light in the heels and more than a little cowardly. At least Cuban didn't defend it in broad daylight. Dirk is cowering in the shadows.

100%duncan
07-16-2014, 10:35 AM
All this for Chandler fucking Parsons

Killakobe81
07-16-2014, 10:40 AM

:lol

djohn2oo8
07-16-2014, 10:42 AM
:lol If Dirk goes down that team is fucked, with zero cap space.

100%duncan
07-16-2014, 10:44 AM

Cuban is an idiot. God what a disgrace to Dirk.

Thread
07-16-2014, 11:07 AM
Cuban is an idiot. God what a disgrace to Dirk.

Though his idiocy cleared just long enough for him to knock the air, stuffing and pins out from under us.

UNCLE-DREW
07-16-2014, 12:22 PM
Mavs this year looks legit though on paper gotta give props to it

Rummpd
07-16-2014, 12:30 PM
Mavs going to be tough out next year. Several subtle moves have them in a good place with a great coach

mavsfan1000
07-16-2014, 12:52 PM
Still worried about their defense though.

illusioNtEk
07-16-2014, 12:55 PM
mavs are a team not to take lightly..

Gotta give it to the mavs and dirk, they are truly elite

Leetonidas
07-16-2014, 12:58 PM
lol Kirbystans making complete fools out of themselves, trying to rationalize their hero not giving a fuck about winning or the fanbase and just taking money he doesn't deserve :lmao Kirbystan actually attempting to :downspin: that shit in a good light to make it justifiable :lmao

Clipper Nation
07-16-2014, 01:01 PM
lol Kirbystans making complete fools out of themselves, trying to rationalize their hero not giving a fuck about winning or the fanbase and just taking money he doesn't deserve :lmao Kirbystan actually attempting to :downspin: that shit in a good light to make it justifiable :lmao
They're just parroting their messiah, who started shit-talking the owners and pretending to understand the CBA on Twitter immediately after signing the 48.5 :lol

Thread
07-16-2014, 01:03 PM
They're just parroting their messiah, who started shit-talking the owners and pretending to understand the CBA on Twitter immediately after signing the 48.5 :lol

The Bag stays in Texas.

Clipper Nation
07-16-2014, 01:06 PM
The Bag stays in Texas.
With Kirby in it.

Kidd K
07-16-2014, 02:57 PM
Dirk will get paid a large amount of money to occasionally appear on Mavs broadcasts as an "expert analyst", which will make up for the pay cut now.

Plenty of ways to get around salary cap stuff

Brunodf
07-16-2014, 04:10 PM
Sounds about right for a player that was outplayed by Splitter 5 games in a 7 games series...

whitemamba
07-16-2014, 05:09 PM
http://www.exohuman.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/images.jpg

Killakobe81
07-16-2014, 05:27 PM

No spin ... Like I said I thought $15 million would be fair to Kobe (healthy) Dirk or Duncan ... in fact I called it "hush" money he shouldnt say shit if we suck. I just dont like the new CBA and the dumb GM's ... if Hayward can get 63million makes no sense for legit stars not to get as much.

Kobe being past his prime is obvious ...

Franklin
07-16-2014, 10:52 PM
at least the German God already lasted much longer than that 7'6 piece of elephant shit, tbh.

jARS mEsH sEt
07-16-2014, 10:56 PM
No spin ... Like I said I thought $15 million would be fair to Kobe (healthy) Dirk or Duncan ... in fact I called it "hush" money he shouldnt say shit if we suck. I just dont like the new CBA and the dumb GM's ... if Hayward can get 63million makes no sense for legit stars not to get as much.

Yeah but you're like one of 5 reasonable Kirby fans on earth, tbh :lmao The vast majority of that fan base is perpetually drunk off of that Kirby Koolaid.

Leetonidas
07-17-2014, 12:18 AM

Difference is Hayward is young and trying to get paid, Kirby on the other hand...

http://www.spotrac.com/career-earnings/nba/all-time/

3. Kobe Bryant $244,358,502