PDA

View Full Version : Bulls just amnestied Boozer! What do y'all think?

sammy
07-15-2014, 04:31 PM
Maybe a good pickup if it's doable?

elemento
07-15-2014, 04:32 PM
Someone with cap space will probably take him first !

TheGoldStandard
07-15-2014, 04:33 PM
Nope not useful

Fireball
07-15-2014, 04:34 PM
please stop it ...

Prose
07-15-2014, 04:34 PM
Nope! Unless we need somebody to scream AND 1!

Old School 44
07-15-2014, 04:37 PM
He needs to go back to the Cavs to apologize to Cleveland too.

benefactor
07-15-2014, 04:39 PM

SpursFan4-Life
07-15-2014, 04:40 PM
He isn't trash or washed up

he won't come to the spurs

Hoops Czar
07-15-2014, 04:43 PM
They already have a poor man's Boozer in Ayres. They don't need the real thing. He'll be somebody else's problem.

Trainwreck2100
07-15-2014, 04:45 PM
Lakers will pick him up

purist
07-15-2014, 05:07 PM
here come the rockets!

Emperor
07-15-2014, 05:09 PM
Rather have him than Ayers.

Raven
07-15-2014, 05:10 PM

doesn't work that way.

Mel_13
07-15-2014, 05:12 PM
doesn't work that way.

It pretty much does work that way. There will be a blind bidding process and only teams with at least 1.448M in cap space can bid. The Spurs have no cap space.

Richie
07-15-2014, 05:13 PM
doesn't work that way.

That's exactly how it works. There's a blind auction on amnestied players, whoever bids the most gets him. I imagine he can only sign with another team if nobody bids on him, but someone will almost certainly bid the minimum

baseline bum
07-15-2014, 05:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1hgnNQo.jpg

LittleCriminal
07-15-2014, 05:16 PM
http://community.sephora.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/98743iFCC3528742EBFEDF?v=mpbl-1

Raven
07-15-2014, 05:16 PM
It pretty much does work that way. There will be a blind bidding process and only teams with at least 1.448M in cap space can bid. The Spurs have no cap space.

missed that part tbh, my misstake.

jeebus
07-15-2014, 05:17 PM
you people would want this piece of shit

http://i.imgur.com/OnGqdeQ.gif

manufan10
07-15-2014, 05:19 PM
http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/popcrush.com/files/2013/01/miley-haha-no.gif

siraulo23
07-15-2014, 05:22 PM
He sucks

xmas1997
07-15-2014, 05:23 PM
Boozer repellent please!

Two10Whitey
07-15-2014, 05:26 PM
How about no, Scott..

ironman2886
07-15-2014, 05:30 PM

:lol

Ron Swanson
07-15-2014, 05:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmePLg3hdCw

TXstbobcat
07-15-2014, 05:37 PM
Take a pass on Boozer.

Twisted_Dawg
07-15-2014, 05:55 PM
Shocked that cheap shit Chicago owner actually amnestised him. I guess this means Gasol does get a contract bigger than the MLE.

ChosenSavior
07-15-2014, 05:59 PM

:rollin

Spurs Brazil
07-15-2014, 06:06 PM
pass

Dex
07-15-2014, 06:11 PM
How about not.

Taking it to the Hole
07-15-2014, 06:49 PM
Why would we want to make our team worse?

G-Dawgg
07-15-2014, 06:54 PM
Give Boozer a bit of credit, he's a good rebounder, brings toughness, has good range on his jumper for a PF, and scores well in the post. I'd take him on the Spurs for a decent price... Better than Jeff Ayers......

dbreiden83080
07-15-2014, 07:22 PM
Fucking sucks.. No..

Jenks
07-15-2014, 07:46 PM

The fuck, is that Travis the Moonstar from the special poetry slam?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ8-ETHE9AI

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-15-2014, 08:13 PM
No fucking way. :nope

VBM
07-15-2014, 08:18 PM
Better than Ayers, Bonner and Daye http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/manny.png

Arcadian
07-15-2014, 09:29 PM
^Exactly... If you can name 3 players on the roster who are worse, then he is definitely worth consideration.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-15-2014, 09:35 PM
Better than Ayers, Bonner and Daye http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/manny.png

^Exactly... If you can name 3 players on the roster who are worse, then he is definitely worth consideration.

Think big picture - Boozer is going to want court time, and with us he wouldn't get much. Also, he doesn't know the system, which usually takes 12-18 months for players to learn. The last thing this team needs is a locker-room distraction, which is almost certainly what Boozer would become. For those reasons I'd rather have Bonner over Boozer.

As for Ayers and Daye, they are capable of holding down the 14-15th spots on the roster, know the system, good locker-room guys. Why replace that with Boozer, a shoot-first guy who is a poor passer and plays no D, and whose team-mates don't seem to like him? (Oh, and also a guy who made a commitment to the Jazz then reneged on it.)

Boozer does not fit with the Spurs.

sexinthatsx
07-15-2014, 10:38 PM
Spurs still have the MLE to spend. If Boozer can be had for the MLE, I don't see why not. However, Spurs have had a similar player like Boozer in the past with Drew Gooden, and he didn't work out too well. Who knows.

SpurPadre
07-15-2014, 10:41 PM
Spurs still have the MLE to spend. If Boozer can be had for the MLE, I don't see why not. However, Spurs have had a similar player like Boozer in the past with Drew Gooden, and he didn't work out too well. Who knows.

I'd say Boozer is a better defender and jump shooter than gooden.

Arcadian
07-15-2014, 10:44 PM
Think big picture - Boozer is going to want court time, and with us he wouldn't get much. Also, he doesn't know the system, which usually takes 12-18 months for players to learn. The last thing this team needs is a locker-room distraction, which is almost certainly what Boozer would become. For those reasons I'd rather have Bonner over Boozer.

As for Ayers and Daye, they are capable of holding down the 14-15th spots on the roster, know the system, good locker-room guys. Why replace that with Boozer, a shoot-first guy who is a poor passer and plays no D, and whose team-mates don't seem to like him? (Oh, and also a guy who made a commitment to the Jazz then reneged on it.)

For some reason, I had a good impression of Boozer overall as a player and teammate. I didn't realize he has had issues with past teammates. To me, he always seemed like a smart, coachable player. But IDK, I could be wrong.

ducks
07-15-2014, 10:47 PM
think he go to laker

exstatic
07-15-2014, 11:30 PM
I'd say Boozer is a better defender and jump shooter than gooden.

I'd say Thibs disagrees with you. There was a graphic put up in a late season game about 4th Q minutes played on the Bulls. Booz had played fewer 4Q minutes than players no longer on the team like Deng, and players out for a while with injuries. Thibs didn't trust him with the game in the balance. He's a wretched defender, and sort of a big man version of Rudy Gay these days, an inefficient chucker on offense.

No thanks.

exstatic
07-15-2014, 11:32 PM
For some reason, I had a good impression of Boozer overall as a player and teammate. I didn't realize he has had issues with past teammates. To me, he always seemed like a smart, coachable player. But IDK, I could be wrong.

He tricked the former Cavs owner (who was blind) into non-tendering him so Cleveland could pay him more for having two good seasons. He promptly solicited offers around the league, and bolted for Utah. He's amoral at best, and a bad bad man at worst.

Malik Hairston
07-15-2014, 11:39 PM
It's not just from a basketball perspective(his style of play is awful), it's also from a personality standpoint, Boozer would cause problems with his lack of playing time/complaints, tbh..

His game is no longer able to compliment his ego..

sexinthatsx
07-15-2014, 11:59 PM
It's not just from a basketball perspective(his style of play is awful), it's also from a personality standpoint, Boozer would cause problems with his lack of playing time/complaints, tbh..

His game is no longer able to compliment his ego..

Why a sig of Delonte West? LOL... LBJ's mom?

SpurPadre
07-16-2014, 12:29 AM
I'd say Thibs disagrees with you. There was a graphic put up in a late season game about 4th Q minutes played on the Bulls. Booz had played fewer 4Q minutes than players no longer on the team like Deng, and players out for a while with injuries. Thibs didn't trust him with the game in the balance. He's a wretched defender, and sort of a big man version of Rudy Gay these days, an inefficient chucker on offense.

No thanks.

We're comparing boozer to gooden here, not to deng. And Boozer's Drtg was a 98 this past season which was the second highest of his career and the same as TD's and better than Splitter's. His usage percentage was also his fourth highest of his career this past season so your stats are not telling the whole story. What's more is that total rebound percentage was 16.8, which was also better than Splitter's. Rebounding is a needed element we can use off the bench for the next season. Boozer simply would not be a bad pickup.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-16-2014, 01:03 AM
Some team will claim him for about 4-4.5 mil and will strike gold at that price. He's severely underrated.

Sean Cagney
07-16-2014, 01:09 AM
Some team will claim him for about 4-4.5 mil and will strike gold at that price. He's severely underrated.

Probably a WC rival of ours will get him at that price. He is not done either as you said, he is not a bum like some said in here.

Sean Cagney
07-16-2014, 01:10 AM
Give Boozer a bit of credit, he's a good rebounder, brings toughness, has good range on his jumper for a PF, and scores well in the post. I'd take him on the Spurs for a decent price... Better than Jeff Ayers......A LOT OF PLAYERS are better than Jeff Ayres in this league :lol

Kineto
07-16-2014, 04:02 AM
Probably a WC rival of ours will get him at that price. He is not done either as you said, he is not a bum like some said in here.

teams must have cap space or trade exception to bid for him. I don't see much WC rival of ours with such asset. (OKC and GSW used to have big trade exception, but they have expired around 10th july).

I can see the Hornet go after him, maybe the raptor (they have a 4.5M trade exception after the rudy Gay transfert to the king).

minuzzo21
07-16-2014, 04:31 AM
No thanks

Malik Hairston
07-16-2014, 04:37 AM
We're comparing boozer to gooden here, not to deng. And Boozer's Drtg was a 98 this past season which was the second highest of his career and the same as TD's and better than Splitter's. His usage percentage was also his fourth highest of his career this past season so your stats are not telling the whole story. What's more is that total rebound percentage was 16.8, which was also better than Splitter's. Rebounding is a needed element we can use off the bench for the next season. Boozer simply would not be a bad pickup.

Boozer had the 2nd worst RAPM on/off numbers on the Bulls roster last year, along with the 2nd worst defensive RAPM on/off..

His individual defensive metrics(Synergy, opposing PER, etc) are absolutely awful, too..

His style of play doesn't fit with the Spurs, at all..he could still be useful for some other teams as a 4th big, but he wouldn't fit well with the Spurs..

Chinook
07-16-2014, 05:03 AM
I sort of want Boozer, and I am on record saying I preferred him to Gasol, but he is the poster child for why I hate DRtg. He isn't good on defense, but because his team is good and he gets a lot of rebounds, he has a good DRtg. Meanwhile, Danny Green is an elite defender, but he only has a really good DRtg because he doesn't get rebounds (because he's a guard and isn't supposed to).

Obi Juan Kenobi
07-16-2014, 05:17 AM
Wouldn't mind Boozer but if no one claims him through the amnesty bidding process he'll prolly head to Miami...

BillMc
07-16-2014, 05:27 AM

I agree. Plus because of his distance shooting, Bonner has times when he's useful (for example pulling Ibaka out of the paint in the Western Conference finals). At this point Boozer is just another generic big. No need for him.

Canibspur
07-16-2014, 06:26 AM
The main thing is, this is San Antonio. We need a man named Carlos on the team Guey!

Spurs9
07-16-2014, 06:38 AM
Hes terrible.

ambchang
07-16-2014, 09:12 AM
He's going to be a good pickup for a team requiring inside scoring and some defensive rebounding. The Spurs strive on ball movement (Boozer can be a ball stopper) and is already an excellent defensive rebounding team, so that is not a fit.

What he wants would be playing time and meaningful contribution. The Spurs already have Duncan, Splitter and Diaw, the spurs will not provide what Boozer wants.

Just a bad fit overall.

Mel_13
07-16-2014, 09:14 AM

TampaDude
07-16-2014, 09:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmePLg3hdCw

^ this :lol

Spur|n|Austin
07-16-2014, 09:20 AM
He isn't trash or washed up

he won't come to the spurs

Because those are the only players who play for the champion Spurs, washed up and trash right fucktard?

jag
07-16-2014, 09:44 AM
:lol I don't get all these people who don't want Boozer, even if just for one year. If he doesn't mesh with any of the lineups, he'll just sit the bench. Is that roster spot reserved for someone better? Ayers? Bonner? Daye? Baynes?

Yeah, he sucks relative to what he's being paid, but people here are delusional if they think any of the players I just listed are better than Boozer. It's just funny to see expressions of approval for the Bryce Cotton signing, a guy who will probably never see the floor for the Spurs, but Carlos Boozer isn't "good enough."

RD2191
07-16-2014, 10:36 AM
Because those are the only players who play for the champion Spurs, washed up and trash right fucktard?
:cry

lmbebo
07-16-2014, 10:37 AM
I would take Boozer over Daye, Bonner, Baynes, Ayers, CoJo, Belli

100%duncan
07-16-2014, 10:45 AM
Fuck off

Obstructed_View
07-16-2014, 10:59 AM
If the Spurs were going to offer the MLE to Pau, doesn't that mean they don't have cap room to bid on him?

Malik Hairston
07-16-2014, 11:13 AM
:lol I don't get all these people who don't want Boozer, even if just for one year. If he doesn't mesh with any of the lineups, he'll just sit the bench. Is that roster spot reserved for someone better? Ayers? Bonner? Daye? Baynes?

Usually I agree with this premise, but Boozer has been known to complain about minutes and disrupt the locker room, tbh..

phxspurfan
07-16-2014, 11:14 AM

Yeah, he sucks relative to what he's being paid, but people here are delusional if they think any of the players I just listed are better than Boozer. It's just funny to see expressions of approval for the Bryce Cotton signing, a guy who will probably never see the floor for the Spurs, but Carlos Boozer isn't "good enough."

While I agree that Cotton will never see the floor (as should the Spurs' entire SL roster this year), Boozer on the Spurs would be a locker room cancer, like SJax back in 2013. We don't need that in a year we're favored to repeat as champions. We already have the right recipe, just need to set the oven and bake.

xmas1997
07-16-2014, 11:24 AM
While I agree that Cotton will never see the floor (as should the Spurs' entire SL roster this year), Boozer on the Spurs would be a locker room cancer, like SJax back in 2013. We don't need that in a year we're favored to repeat as champions. We already have the right recipe, just need to set the oven and bake.

Can you tell me who is favoring the Spurs to repeat? I have been trying to find it somewhere in the media and the closest I have found is Vegas odds makers favoring Cleveland.

phxspurfan
07-16-2014, 11:25 AM
Can you tell me who is favoring the Spurs to repeat? I have been trying to find it somewhere in the media and the closest I have found is Vegas odds makers favoring Cleveland.

Yeah I was thinking Vegas there. I think a week ago (before the Heat got Bosh back but after LeBron left) we were 4-1 odds, tied for the lead in odds to win it all.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-16-2014, 01:08 PM
Bulls just amnestied Boozer! What do y'all think? (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237470&page=3&p=7512058)

He just got amnestied. Pretty obvious to me.

BackHome
07-16-2014, 10:11 PM
I don't think Cotton is going to make the team and I would rather have Green then Boozer...don't want him on the "Game of Thrones" vid next year...jinx if you were a player other the a Spur....lol

tmtcsc
07-16-2014, 10:25 PM
Who knows.

I do. No.

exstatic
07-16-2014, 10:40 PM

You're making a MASSIVE assumption that he would just sit quietly and take his benching.

jag
07-16-2014, 10:43 PM
You're making a MASSIVE assumption that he would just sit quietly and take his benching.

You're making a MASSIVE assumption that the Spurs wouldn't release him if he didn't sit quietly and take his benching.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-16-2014, 10:56 PM

Good enough at what? What does he provide that the Spurs need? And at what risk? I'm posting what I wrote from page 2 again:

"Think big picture - Boozer is going to want court time, and with us he wouldn't get much. Also, he doesn't know the system, which usually takes 12-18 months for players to learn. The last thing this team needs is a locker-room distraction, which is almost certainly what Boozer would become. For those reasons I'd rather have Bonner over Boozer.

Boozer does not fit with the Spurs."

exstatic
07-16-2014, 11:33 PM
You're making a MASSIVE assumption that the Spurs wouldn't release him if he didn't sit quietly and take his benching.

So, pay someone to go away, and then likely (based on his history) pay Boozer to go away? Let's say Daye. Spurs waive him, and sign Boozer. Boozer doesn't like his role (VERY likely).

Daye $1M
Booz $1.5M (vet min)

So, $2.5M for no player?

lmbebo
07-17-2014, 09:25 AM
I could see Boozer going to Miami unless he got a big money offer. I think he has his off season home there and its where his kids live (I could be very wrong, its from an old memory)

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-17-2014, 09:28 AM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/gallery/carlos-boozer-hair/carlos-boozer-hair-2.jpghttp://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg195/scaled.php?tn=0&server=195&filename=l3hn.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

peacemaker885
07-17-2014, 04:15 PM

ducks
07-17-2014, 04:16 PM
Los Angeles Lakers have submitted the winning claim for free agent F Carlos Boozer, amnestied by Chicago.

Dex
07-17-2014, 04:17 PM
:lol Lakers

tuncaboylu
07-17-2014, 04:18 PM
So it's a Gasol for Boozer trade.

DPG21920
07-17-2014, 04:25 PM
Lakers getting just good enough to be an 8th seed.

In the East.

BatManu20
07-17-2014, 04:33 PM
Lakers are keeping themselves in NBA purgatory. Just good enough to be an average team, but not bad enough to warrant a lottery pick. Horrible GM'ing.

kobyz
07-17-2014, 04:34 PM
Good for lakers, they needed that backup for Randle!

DPG21920
07-17-2014, 04:35 PM
Lakers are keeping themselves in NBA purgatory. Just good enough to be an average team, but not bad enough to warrant a lottery pick. Horrible GM'ing.

Well, outside of the Hill/Swaggy P deals, their pick ups like Boozer/Davis are just one year long or really cheap (Ed Davis) and two years.

BatManu20
07-17-2014, 04:42 PM
Well, outside of the Hill/Swaggy P deals, their pick ups like Boozer/Davis are just one year long or really cheap (Ed Davis) and two years.

But for a team who's pretty much guaranteed not to win anything this year, they're basically delaying the inevitable. I'm assuming this is all to appease Kobe and their impatient fan base but every team has to go through some dog years in order to rebuild. This is just going to keep them relevant imo.

hitmantb
07-17-2014, 05:29 PM
Boozer is a terrible player at 15M, an unbetable value at 5M, you don't get a big man anywhere near his stats for that kind of money period.

I am glad Laker got him instead of Rockets, would absolutely make my year if Jeremy Lin and Lakers beat Rockets for 8th seed (completely possible with an injury on say Howard for the Rockets).

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-17-2014, 05:43 PM
Lakers had a good week so far. Instead of trading for Boozer, they held out their cap space and put in the highest bid for him. Only have to pay him five mil, while the bulls have to pay Gasol 7mil plus the 12 mil still owed Boozer.

Lakers really pushing to get out of the lottery with their pick top 5 protected going to the Suns next year.

elemento
07-17-2014, 05:44 PM
Bid was 3.25m

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-17-2014, 05:48 PM
Bid was 3.25m

Even better. Lakers actually had a half decent offseason for a change.

DPG21920
07-17-2014, 05:55 PM
Lakers had a good week so far. Instead of trading for Boozer, they held out their cap space and put in the highest bid for him. Only have to pay him five mil, while the bulls have to pay Gasol 7mil plus the 12 mil still owed Boozer.

Lakers really pushing to get out of the lottery with their pick top 5 protected going to the Suns next year.

Even better. Lakers actually had a half decent offseason for a change.

So wouldn't that be a bad off season for LA then? If their pick is top 5 protected, they should try and be terrible (which they will be).

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-17-2014, 06:10 PM
So wouldn't that be a bad off season for LA then? If their pick is top 5 protected, they should try and be terrible (which they will be).

But the competitive committee are right now holding hearings of reverting back to the old lottery rules pre 94, which greatly increases the odds of teams out of the top 5 of getting a top 5 pick, which means the Lakers could have a bottom 5 record and still not have a top 5 pick. Lakers need to be shooting for a bottom 3 record, which I don't think Kobe will be playing for that, or they need to push to close to the 8 th seed.

If the Lakers were serious about tanking, they would not have put in a bid for boozer.

DPG21920
07-17-2014, 06:15 PM
But the competitive committee are right now holding hearings of reverting back to the old lottery rules pre 94, which greatly increases the odds of teams out of the top 5 of getting a top 5 pick, which means the Lakers could have a bottom 5 record and still not have a top 5 pick. Lakers need to be shooting for a bottom 3 record, which I don't think Kobe will be playing for that, or they need to push to close to the 8 th seed.

If the Lakers were serious about tanking, they would not have put in a bid for boozer.

I agree. To me that makes them dumb and a bad off season. They aren't anywhere close to a playoff team. They signed Kobe to an awful basketball contract. Spent nearly 40M on Nick Young/Jordan Hill. Not a good off season. The only good things they did were use their cap space to get a first round pick & get Boozer for very cheap.

They had numerous chances to trade Pau over the years and lost him for nothing too.

07-17-2014, 06:27 PM
There is no question the Lakers are straight up taking. They struck out on a bunch of free agents that did not want to play with Kobe (most notably Melo and Gasol). Has anyone reviewed their roster lately? They will be sending out Nash, Kobe, Young, Boozer, and Hill/Randle. This team will be completely terrible. They might be able to score offensively but every team is going to be able to score 100+ against the Lakers every night. They will also have zero bench depth. They are tanking and they are tanking hard.

Of course the Lakers need to keep up appearances that they are "trying." But their acquisitions have been absolute trash. Hard to find a Western Conference team worse than the Lakers.

Obstructed_View
07-17-2014, 08:15 PM
I'm thinking "LOL Lakers".

exstatic
07-17-2014, 08:56 PM
I'm thinking "LOL Lakers".

Emperor
07-17-2014, 09:47 PM
Lakers can have him. Someone's gotta take that 9th seed.

hitmantb
07-17-2014, 09:53 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/v5e8t0.jpg

Obstructed_View
07-17-2014, 10:00 PM
I think all Boozer does is guarantee that the Lakers' first round pick goes to Phoenix.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-18-2014, 07:43 AM
I think all Boozer does is guarantee that the Lakers' first round pick goes to Phoenix.

Pretty much, but it probably won't be a top 10 pick, and I think that is what the Lakers are shooting for. Lakers might as well get it over with now. B/c next year they are in the same ordeal and in two years, the Suns will have a completely unprotected pick of LA and Kobe is probably gone by then.

Lakers should be glad they at least got Randle this year. I can see them winning 35-41 games and taking the 9th or 10th seed out West and b/n the 12-14th spot in the draft.

wildbill2u
07-18-2014, 10:18 AM
Clearly on the downside of his career and hasn't always been a good presence in the locker room or with coaches and FO. He might resent taking a cut in salary or playing time.

I'd rather keep looking for a younger big man with upside and years to go. That guy Green on our SL roster looks like he has lots of athleticism and I think he'll work his tail off to get better. He's showing lots of good attitude in SL so put him to work with Chip on his shot and we got another rotation 'find' on a cheap contract.

TD 21
07-18-2014, 06:34 PM

In this case, the GM doesn't have a choice. The Lakers, like the Knicks, will probably never re-build and they doubly won't while Bryant is still active, so within' that context, Kupchak actually did well, aside from foolish giving Young four years. Sure, they're going to be one of the worst teams in the league again, but nothing he could have realistically done was going to change that.

As for Boozer, though he'd have been a somewhat awkward fit on the Rockets, at least he's a proven rotation player, something they only have five of at the moment, with probably only one signing (backup SF) remaining.