PDA

View Full Version : Blazers: top 10 teams in NBA as of now, iyo?

Ghazi
07-15-2014, 09:31 PM
1. San Antonio
2. Oklahoma City
3. LA Clippers
4. Chicago
5. Cleveland
6. Houston
7. Golden State
8. Dallas
9. Portland
10. Memphis

ElNono
07-15-2014, 09:37 PM
You're selling short your own mavs, IMO... except for Felton, I think they addressed the needs really well...

1. San Antonio
2. Oklahoma City
3. LA Clippers
4. Cleveland
5. Dallas
6. Houston
7. Portland
8. Pacers
9. Heat
10. Golden State

Last 4 are interchangeable, tbh

FkLA
07-15-2014, 09:38 PM
1. Champs
2. OKC
3. Clips
4. Cavs
5. Indiana
6. Rockets
7. Grizzlies
8. Warriors
9. Bulls
10. Blazers

Obviously the Bulls jump into the Top 5 with a healthy Rose but thats a pretty big assumption at this point tbh.

FkLA
07-15-2014, 09:40 PM
Mavs are overrated. Per par for ST. Never seen an opposing fanbase suck off a supposed rival as much as spurfan does the Mavs tbh. :lol

07-15-2014, 09:40 PM
1. Champs
2. OKC
3. Clips
4. Cavs
5. Indiana
6. Rockets
7. Grizzlies
8. Warriors
9. Bulls
10. Blazers

Obviously the Bulls jump into the Top 5 with a healthy Rose but thats a pretty big assumption at this point tbh.
Griz too high? Did they make a move I'm unaware of?

MeloHype
07-15-2014, 09:41 PM
1. Spurs
2. Thunder
3. Warriors(if healthy)
4. Clippers
5. Cavs
6. Bulls
7. Rockets
8. Memphis
9. Dallas
10. Wizards

FkLA
07-15-2014, 09:42 PM
Griz too high? Did they make a move I'm unaware of?

Who would you put ahead of them and what move did that team make?

07-15-2014, 09:43 PM
You're selling short your own mavs, IMO... except for Felton, I think they addressed the needs really well...

1. San Antonio
2. Oklahoma City
3. LA Clippers
4. Cleveland
5. Dallas
6. Houston
7. Portland
8. Pacers
9. Portland
10. Golden State

Portland twice

FkLA
07-15-2014, 09:44 PM

1. San Antonio
2. Oklahoma City
3. LA Clippers
4. Cleveland
5. Dallas
6. Houston
7. Portland
8. Pacers
9. Portland
10. Golden State

7. Portland vs 9. Portland would be a great series tbh.

07-15-2014, 09:46 PM
7. Portland vs 9. Portland would be a great series tbh.7 game series for sure

spurraider21
07-15-2014, 09:46 PM
Portland twice
they're really good :lol

ElNono
07-15-2014, 09:47 PM
Portland twice

7. Portland vs 9. Portland would be a great series tbh.

fixed, tbh

ElNono
07-15-2014, 09:48 PM
Mavs are overrated. Per par for ST. Never seen an opposing fanbase suck off a supposed rival as much as spurfan does the Mavs tbh. :lol

I never been high on them, and I'm still putting them middle of the pack in the West... I just thought the two things they needed going into free agency, they addressed:

1) Defensive anchor to cover for Dirk
2) An upgrade to the SF position

07-15-2014, 09:50 PM
Who would you put ahead of them and what move did that team make?
1 SA
2 OKC
3 LA Clippers
4. Cleveland
5. Dallas
6 Portland
7 Houston
8 Golden State
9 WAS
10 Pacers

Griz matchup well with OKC, but they still can't score and I don't trust that new coach of theirs. WAS added Paul Pierce and the the Bulls added Pau, drafted McBuckets(even though I'm skeptical of how his game will translate), and the Warriors and POR were already better.

Also MEM lost Mike Miller.

ElNono
07-15-2014, 09:52 PM
I think losing Mike Miller puts Memphis out of contention... they would be relatively solid in the slow-tempo of the playoffs, but I don't think they have the personnel to actually make it to the playoffs...

Robz4000
07-15-2014, 09:53 PM
1. Spurs
2. Meth
3. Clipps
4. Bulce
5. Indy
6. Dubs
7. Cavs
8. Guests
9. Rockest
10. Wiz

Mavs might be top 10 but I need to see what TC they get first.

Ghazi
07-15-2014, 09:54 PM
I feel like I'm probably overrating the Bulls, it's based on them at their absolute peak, with everything going their way.

Cavs/Spurs seems like the likeliest of Finals to me.

Malik Hairston
07-15-2014, 09:56 PM
Elite teams
1. San Antonio
2. OKC

Darkhorse contenders
3. Cleveland
4. LA Clippers

Health/1 move away from contending
5. Golden State
6. Chicago
7. Houston

1 big move away from contending
8. Dallas
9. Memphis
10. Indiana

Portland had everything go right for them last season, including a gimmick offense that surprised the league..they weren't nearly as good during the 2nd half of the season, and they probably won't be as good next season..

Nathan89
07-15-2014, 09:56 PM
1. San Antonio
2. Oklahoma City
3. Chicago
4. LA Clippers
5. Cleveland
6. Dallas
7. Golden State
8. Portland
9. Houston
10. Suns

07-15-2014, 09:58 PM
1. Spurs
2. Meth
3. Clipps
4. Bulce
5. Indy
6. Dubs
7. Cavs
8. Guests
9. Rockest
10. Wiz

Mavs might be top 10 but I need to see what TC they get first.
Indy @ 5? maybe in the East.

Ghazi
07-15-2014, 10:00 PM
as of now, the Mavs have one of the weaker backcourts in the West... that's bound to be a problem. They simply were not good enough defensively last year, so its critical Chandlers/Parsons significantly improve them on that end... we'll see.

Ghazi
07-15-2014, 10:00 PM
we need Rondo :)... Rondo/Ellis/Parsons/Dirk/Chandler we staaaacked

Ghazi
07-15-2014, 10:02 PM
For people who say this Cavs team is stronger than 08-10... I dont believe so.

Obviously those teams lacked the elite talent necessary to win it all, Lebron had no sidekick... but they did have defensive cohesiveness and better chemistry than this Cavs team should be expected to have right now with a new coach and a bunch of new integrations in place. They had defensive culture at least under Mike Brown, last year they were a bad defensive team and Irving one of the worst defenders in the league.

I view it as Lebron and a bunch of raw young talent... Lebron alone is why they will win 50+ games, but I don't think they'll be a regular season phenomenon like those Cavs.

This team has a bigger upside though.

ElNono
07-15-2014, 10:02 PM
as of now, the Mavs have one of the weaker backcourts in the West... that's bound to be a problem. They simply were not good enough defensively last year, so its critical Chandlers/Parsons significantly improve them on that end... we'll see.

I agree Felton is a no-go... but I think they can survive with Harris, and I think Cubes will eject Felton sooner rather than later... Mavs don't need an elite PG, IMO.

FkLA
07-15-2014, 10:03 PM
I never been high on them, and I'm still putting them middle of the pack in the West... I just thought the two things they needed going into free agency, they addressed:

1) Defensive anchor to cover for Dirk
2) An upgrade to the SF position

1. Can we still consider Chandler a defensive anchor though? If theyre getting '11 TC then sure but I dont think they are.

2. Is adding Parsons while subtracting Marion+VC really a net gain? Dejuanito is likely getting traded to Washington too, I know hes a scrub but he played role in the Spurs series which is the main reason why people are so high on the Mavs.

m>s
07-15-2014, 10:08 PM

1. San Antonio
2. Oklahoma City
3. LA Clippers
4. Cleveland
5. Dallas
6. Houston
7. Portland
8. Pacers
9. Heat
10. Golden State

good list, south aryan comrade

FkLA
07-15-2014, 10:10 PM
Also why is swapping Vince Carter for Mike Miller such a bad thing? The Grizz are built for playoff basketball imo. They may finish with a lower seed but in the playoffs Id take them over offensive teams like GS, Portland and Dallas tbh.

Malik Hairston
07-15-2014, 10:11 PM
Vince is a significant upgrade over Miller, tbh:lol..

The Warriors are going to be a huge threat, tbh, health-permitting..their new coach is an analytics guy and understands the direction of the NBA, it'll be interesting watching them play in a non-ISO system for the first time in the Curry era..

ElNono
07-15-2014, 10:15 PM
1. Can we still consider Chandler a defensive anchor though? If theyre getting '11 TC then sure but I dont think they are.

2. Is adding Parsons while subtracting Marion+VC really a net gain? Dejuanito is likely getting traded to Washington too, I know hes a scrub but he played role in the Spurs series which is the main reason why people are so high on the Mavs.

We'll see about 1, but he should be many times better than Dalembert/Wright.

About 2, I think it is. Marion just was too old for a starting role, and Vince was great, but was really having to play SF when Monta was out there. Parsons is simply a better fit overall and can play more minutes without issue.

Floyd Pacquiao
07-15-2014, 10:16 PM
Spurs
Cleveland
OKC
Clippers
Dallas
Houston

ElNono
07-15-2014, 10:17 PM
Vince is a significant upgrade over Miller, tbh:lol..

The Warriors are going to be a huge threat, tbh, health-permitting..their new coach is an analytics guy and understands the direction of the NBA, it'll be interesting watching them play in a non-ISO system for the first time in the Curry era..

Forgot Memphis got Vince... my issue with Memphis is, who is their shooting guard? Is it still Courtney Lee? Vince isn't a starter at this point in his career.

And yeah, Golden State is a dark horse, IMO. Rooting for Kerr.

tlongII
07-15-2014, 10:19 PM
Portland should be #1 obviously.

ElNono
07-15-2014, 10:21 PM
Also why is swapping Vince Carter for Mike Miller such a bad thing? The Grizz are built for playoff basketball imo. They may finish with a lower seed but in the playoffs Id take them over offensive teams like GS, Portland and Dallas tbh.

I don't think it's bad, but they already barely made it into the playoffs last season. Regular season is a more loose, up tempo game, with more scoring, and they're a team that struggles with that, and are not dominant enough to dictate the tempo of games all the time. The playoffs kinda do that for them automatically, games are called tighter, runs are stopped with timeouts, etc. I do like their coach though.

Malik Hairston
07-15-2014, 10:24 PM
Forgot Memphis got Vince... my issue with Memphis is, who is their shooting guard? Is it still Courtney Lee? Vince isn't a starter at this point in his career.

And yeah, Golden State is a dark horse, IMO. Rooting for Kerr.

I don't think Memphis is anything special(as myself and Chinook repeated last year during the playoffs:lol), but I'd still have them as a top 10 team with a healthy Gasol..

Xylus
07-15-2014, 10:25 PM
Suns will be in the top 10 this year, thanks to ROY TJ Warren.

ElNono
07-15-2014, 10:27 PM
I don't think Memphis is anything special(as myself and Chinook repeated last year during the playoffs:lol), but I'd still have them as a top 10 team with a healthy Gasol..

If they can sneak into the playoffs, I think they can put up a fight... Another question for them is, which ZBo are they going to get?

FkLA
07-15-2014, 10:33 PM
Yeah, the Grizz have their flaws. They dont have a realistic shot at the title but they dont have to to be able to beat teams like Portland, GS and Dallas IMO.

timtonymanu
07-15-2014, 10:36 PM
1. Spurs
2. Thunder
3. Cavs
4. Clippers
5. Warriors
6. Bulls
7. Rockets
8. Mavs
9. Grizzlies
10. Blazers

Jenks
07-15-2014, 10:57 PM

The Grizz are built for playoff basketball imo. They may finish with a lower seed but in the playoffs Id take them over offensive teams like GS, Portland and Dallas tbh.

So much truth

cd021
07-15-2014, 11:25 PM
1. Spurs
2. Thunder
3. Bulls
4. Mavericks

5. Pacers
6. Clippers
7. Rockets
8. Cleveland
9. Memphis
10. Portland

-Don't trust the Clippers (front court weak after Jordan and Blake, Barnes can't be your best perimeter defender)

-Rockets worse: lost Parsons for Ariza (probably a wash or a slight improvement) but losing Asik leaves them thin in terms of bigs. Lin was a good backup pg losing him for nothing is pretty bad

-Memphis figures to be better. They dealt with a new coach and half a dozen new rotation players. Post Gasol injury they were 35-13 and won 3 games as a 7th seed in the first round

-Dallas is going to be dangerous next year. Adding Parsons to the 3rd best offense last season is a good get. Chandler is an upgrade (even at 33) Wright is a good backup big. RJ for Carter is a loss but RJ is a very good 3pt shooter and younger. Liked Harris better off the bench not as a starter but Felton can't be as bad as last season (one would think) Dirk can still get buckets into his 50's so his age isn't much of an issue. Lewis can still shoot and as a stretch four is a good pickup on the cheap. Harris-Ellis-Parson-Nowitzki-Chandler. Felton-Crowder-Jefferson-Lewis-Wright off the bench.

-Spurs should be even better as long as they don't have a injury epidemic in January-February. Parker was underwhelming for most of the year, should be much better with no summer basketball.

-Cavs are better without Love.

cd021
07-15-2014, 11:28 PM
If they can sneak into the playoffs, I think they can put up a fight... Another question for them is, which ZBo are they going to get?

You mean he isn't 2011 ZBo all the time?

Clipper Nation
07-15-2014, 11:32 PM
-Don't trust the Clippers (front court weak after Jordan and Blake, Barnes can't be your best perimeter defender)

While I agree that we still need a small forward who can defend, you must not be paying attention to free agency, because we signed Hawes, who's a huge upgrade over the likes of Hollins, Turiaf, Odom, Mullens, Jamison, and Big Baby, and could possibly be adding Ed Davis next.... not to mention, the Pacers, Mavs and Bulls all have far more crippling flaws (Pacers are a mentally-weak joke who might be losing one of their few talented players, Mavs' defense in general, Bulls still need a scorer)....

cd021
07-15-2014, 11:38 PM
Elite teams
1. San Antonio
2. OKC

Darkhorse contenders
3. Cleveland
4. LA Clippers

Health/1 move away from contending
5. Golden State
6. Chicago
7. Houston

1 big move away from contending
8. Dallas
9. Memphis
10. Indiana

Portland had everything go right for them last season, including a gimmick offense that surprised the league..they weren't nearly as good during the 2nd half of the season, and they probably won't be as good next season..

Skeptical about the Clippers. Jamison, Mullens, Odom, Turkoglu, Granger have been players who they added to try and give them front court depth and each was a disaster. A front court consisting of Barnes, Griffin and Jordan along with Hawes and Jared Dudley is pretty underwhelming. Jordan is a great re bounder and shot blocker, but can be trash offensively. Blake is a beat and Barnes is better suited as a backup not a guy who is responsible for checking other teams best wings.

Indy should be much better in a wide open East. I think they could probably take the Bulls in a series.

Leon Black
07-15-2014, 11:46 PM
lol rating Houston waaaaaay too high. No way you lose your SF and depth at PG and C and aren't worse. 7/8 seed at best until they fire that dumbass mcfail.

cd021
07-15-2014, 11:59 PM
While I agree that we still need a small forward who can defend, you must not be paying attention to free agency, because we signed Hawes, who's a huge upgrade over the likes of Hollins, Turiaf, Odom, Mullens, Jamison, and Big Baby, and could possibly be adding Ed Davis next.... not to mention, the Pacers, Mavs and Bulls all have far more crippling flaws (Pacers are a mentally-weak joke who might be losing one of their few talented players, Mavs' defense in general, Bulls still need a scorer)....

Mentioned Hawes in a different post. He is better ,sure, but when it comes down to it Jordan and Blake has to be on the floor late in games and Jordan is a non factor on offense against smart bigs and his FT shooting is a negative. He can pass and hit 3's. Its a good signing. Doesn't move the needle against the Spurs or Thunder. Diaw or Splitter cold neutralize him. Davis a nice add for depth but the likely hood is he is a player who is never going to live up to the talent.

Marion or Aminu would be a solid pickup on the wing for the Clippers. Gives them another player they can throw at Durant.

Pacers are in a better place with out without Lan. Miami losing Lebron means that the only legit threat at the moment appears to be Chicago with a ? mark with Rose and a rotation that's likely to include 3 rotation players with 2 years of experience or less. Hibbert won't have to worry about being sucked into the lane by Lebron and having to recover to Bosh.

Bulls need for a scorer is lessened because of Lebron switching teams. They couldn't score with Lebron draped on Rose and they couldn't stop Wade and Lebron. If they can win 48 games with the 28th best offense. Rose (even as a 15 ppg score) and Gasol (still a 15 ppg player) will only improve the Bulls.

Chandler is still probably a better defender than Dalembert. At the very least, his post defense will help against Memphis, & San Antonio. They were 22nd last year in D and 3rd in Offense. they only need to be around league average defensively (15th or better) and be a contender with an elite offense. Miami was 11th in D and made it to the Finals. Portland was 16th in D and made it to the West- Semis.

Not saying a lineup of Harris-Ellis-Parsons-Dirk -Chandler is going to stop anyone but they just need to be average in that regard and blow the doors off teams on offense.

sook
07-16-2014, 12:00 AM
mavs get a real PG and they'll right there tbh. As of now, this list is kind of pointless because there isn't a single team that can take the spurs out. The gap isn't too close, and if they have a major injury you'll have James coming through.

Infinite_limit
07-16-2014, 12:04 AM
* I guarantee *

James will not be in the Finals next season

tlongII
07-16-2014, 09:41 AM
1. Portland
2. Cavs
3. Spurs
4. Clippers
5. Thunder
6. Bulls