Jeff Green
Josh Smith
Deron Williams
Kobe Bryant
Ersan Ilyasova
JR Smith

SpursFan86
07-15-2014, 10:44 PM
I can already foresee a 100+ page topic about Ilyasova being bought out and the Spurs "having interest".

mosdef17
07-15-2014, 10:58 PM
Jason Terry
Landry Fields
Andrea Bargnani
Brendan Haywood
Joel Anthony
Raymond Felton?

TheGoldStandard
07-15-2014, 11:01 PM
Once the knicks dispose of Bargnani I wonder who will be the next stupid team to take a flyer on him.

Mel_13
07-15-2014, 11:03 PM
Once the knicks dispose of Bargnani I wonder who will be the next stupid team to take a flyer on him.

Messina coached him for two of the last three years he played in Europe.

lmbebo
07-15-2014, 11:04 PM
Gerald Wallace
Jeff Green
Josh Smith
Deron Williams
Kobe Bryant
Ersan Ilyasova
JR Smith

Kobe isn't getting bought out. He's a Laker till he dies. He's not walking away from 48 million either.

Not sure I'd stick Deron Williams in there either. I think he cares more about his paycheck than winning. He's never gonna get the kind of cash he has with the Nyets ever again. Not sure buying out Deron does anything for the Nets anyways.

Mel_13
07-15-2014, 11:05 PM
Jason Terry
Landry Fields
Andrea Bargnani
Brendan Haywood
Joel Anthony
Raymond Felton?

Haywood's contract (10.5M completely unguaranteed) will be an extremely valuable trade chip in July, 2015. He won't be bought out.

Chinook
07-15-2014, 11:11 PM
Haywood's contract (10.5M completely unguaranteed) will be an extremely valuable trade chip in July, 2015. He won't be bought out.

Most of the players proposed in this thread have very little chance of being bought out. I will say, though, that I still can't believe that Charlotte not only traded away Haywood's contract, but actually gave up a pick to do so. Seriously one of the dumbest moves in Jordan's tenure -- and that's saying something.

Mel_13
07-15-2014, 11:14 PM
Most of the players proposed in this thread have very little chance of being bought out. I will say, though, that I still can't believe that Charlotte not only traded away Haywood's contract, but actually gave up a pick to do so. Seriously one of the dumbest moves in Jordan's tenure -- and that's saying something.

I wasn't sure if the first post was even serious. Ilyasova is the only one that's even remotely possible.

TheGoldStandard
07-15-2014, 11:17 PM
Messina coached him for two of the last three years he played in Europe.

That was 9 years ago but for like vet minimum I'd give him a shot but his BBIQ is lacking

Chinook
07-15-2014, 11:18 PM
I wasn't sure if the first post was even serious. Ilyasova is the only one that's even remotely possible.

I don't even think he does. He's under contract for three years and has $20 Million guaranteed. I don't think the post was serious. However, we may as well make the thread legitimate. The third post was a lot better.

Mel_13
07-15-2014, 11:19 PM
That was 9 years ago but for like vet minimum I'd give him a shot but his BBIQ is lacking

I should have gone with the blue font. I wouldn't want Bargnani if he paid to be on the team.

TheGoldStandard
07-15-2014, 11:21 PM
I should have gone with the blue font. I wouldn't want Bargnani if he paid to be on the team.
:toast

Mel_13
07-15-2014, 11:22 PM
I don't even think he does. He's under contract for three years and has $20 Million guaranteed. I don't think the post was serious. However, we may as well make the thread legitimate. The third post was a lot better.

You're right. I misread his cap numbers and thought it was one year plus a nearly unguaranteed year, but it's two years plus.

So there wasn't a single realistic candidate in that first post.

mosdef17
07-15-2014, 11:24 PM

It's a virtually impossible task of putting together a list of potential buyout candidates. Very easy to disagree with suggestions - much more difficult to make your own.

Mel_13
07-15-2014, 11:31 PM
It's a virtually impossible task of putting together a list of potential buyout candidates. Very easy to disagree with suggestions - much more difficult to make your own.

Your list made sense, as almost all the players were on expiring contracts. I commented on Hayward because of the unique aspects of his contract.

The list in the first post just makes no sense as a starting point for this topic.

Chinook
07-15-2014, 11:33 PM

It's actually not hard to get most of them. The only real surprise last year was Granger

I think there's a real chance Kirilenko gets bought out . Multiple players from Boston and Minnesota. Terry and Evans (and maybe even Gay) from Sacramento. Nate Robinson.

There will be others depending on trades, but those are good ones to start with nine months before the deadline.

mosdef17
07-16-2014, 12:08 AM
It's actually not hard to get most of them. The only real surprise last year was Granger

I think there's a real chance Kirilenko gets bought out . Multiple players from Boston and Minnesota. Terry and Evans (and maybe even Gay) from Sacramento. Nate Robinson.

There will be others depending on trades, but those are good ones to start with nine months before the deadline.

Kirilenko - Almost certainly getting paid under the table through Russian owner. He's not going anywhere.
Jason Terry - Yes, he was on my list.
Rudy Gay - Kings are going to buy out a player for $19m only 12 months after they traded 3-4 assets for? Nope.
Evans - Value deal, solid contributor. More likely to be traded than bought out. Someone would take him.

Nate - Possible.

As I said... It's difficult.

Chinook
07-16-2014, 12:17 AM
Kirilenko - Almost certainly getting paid under the table through Russian owner. He's not going anywhere.
Jason Terry - Yes, he was on my list.
Rudy Gay - Kings are going to buy out a player for $19m only 12 months after they traded 3-4 assets for? Nope.
Evans - Value deal, solid contributor. More likely to be traded than bought out. Someone would take him.

Nate - Possible.

As I said... It's difficult.

The Kings traded away their deep bench for Gay. They aren't married to him.

Anyway, I think you misunderstood me. On two fronts. One, I wasn't criticizing your post. I already said it was more realistic. Secondly, this thread is about potential buyout candidates. It's not a final list by any means. At best, it's a what-to-watch-for list. It's not difficult to create a scatter-shot list and get most of the eventual names as a result.

cd021
01-18-2015, 12:29 AM
I think Brandon Bass could be brought out if he isn't moved by the trade deadline. They have Zeller, Olynyk and Sullinger they'd likely try to get them more minutes and tank. He has $6.9 million remaining and his deal expires this season.

FlAVaK
02-19-2015, 04:04 PM
So, will there be anybody out of trade deadline fallout worth consideration?

timtonymanu
02-19-2015, 04:07 PM
I wonder if Bass gets waived. Wouldn't mind him.

Chinook
02-19-2015, 04:13 PM
Bass, maybe. Though with Boston acquiring Thomas, I don't know their intentions. Doubt Philly releases McGee or Bud, if they were ever in play. Possible Lopez would negotate a buyout, but I doubt it. Scola could be a darkhorse now that the Pacers missed out on a PG.

In reality, this was one of the weirdest deadlines I can remember. The line between buyers and sellers was extremely blurred. Usually, buyout happen because of buyers taking back expirings, but it doesn't seem like many teams want to give up on the season yet.

If the Spurs intend to find someone for the last spot, they'll probably have to get them from overseas. When is Deshaun Thomas available?

FlAVaK
02-19-2015, 04:22 PM

szkorhetz
02-19-2015, 04:23 PM
I don't really expect anything...

The Spurs have signed Reggie Williams for the rest of the season, per RealGM. The roster stands at 15, the maximum.

FlAVaK
02-19-2015, 05:10 PM
^ah, forgot that his second ten day contract was already up (signed on 8th)...

Godbama
02-19-2015, 05:26 PM
Thomas Robinson? And damn, not sure why we bothered locking down Reggie Williams for the rest of the season.

NASpurs
02-19-2015, 05:54 PM
Bass, maybe.

Guess that means Bass is staying put with the Celtics so undermanned at the forward position.

CGD
02-19-2015, 06:03 PM
Thomas Robinson may be seeking a buy out from Denver.

Chinook
02-19-2015, 06:04 PM

Guess that means Bass is staying put with the Celtics so undermanned at the forward position.

He may stay, but Boston just traded for two power-forwards, so it's not like they didn't have the bodies.

cd021
02-19-2015, 06:13 PM
He may stay, but Boston just traded for two power-forwards, so it's not like they didn't have the bodies.

Ice009
02-19-2015, 06:15 PM
By signing Williams it seems like the Spurs have given up on chasing any of the buyout players.

exstatic
02-19-2015, 10:07 PM
Thomas Robinson sucks. He was drafted less than 3 years ago, and is now on his 4th team. ALL of those coaches and organizations can't be wrong. Jumping ability <> basketball ability. He is what Barkley would call a "deer".