PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Lebron gave up winning...

apalisoc_9
07-16-2014, 01:25 AM
The hardest part about Lebron leaving the Heat is accepting the fact that he gave up chasing Micheal...

It's really hard for me now to be a fan of lebron..I try to..But it's hard knowing that he just gave up.

hater
07-16-2014, 01:27 AM
He's still young and the Steroids are strong in him. He can easily play another 10 years at the highest level(Steroidswilling) and rack up at the very least 2 or 3 more rings.

Plus he stayed in the weak east. Who's going to challenge him? :lol I can easily see him make the East Finals this coming season tbh

SupremeGuy
07-16-2014, 01:30 AM
Honestly, I thought he kind of gave up the title of GOAT when he had to join his superfriends to win a title. He'll prob win at least one or maybe two more rings just because the road to the finals in the East is a fucking embarrassment. lol

Sean Cagney
07-16-2014, 01:30 AM
He wasn't going to catch Mike with the Heat as is, Wade is old now and pretty much done and Bosh is soft as burger Buns and the cast was not that great. They were done winning titles there as is, maybe one more if they add some more or at the most 2, he was not going to catch Mike.

His best bet was going where he is now with a future ahead of them, younger guys and talent and they are still adding to it. He will win in Cleveland, maybe not a title this year but they are a top 5 seed out East EASILY.

Floyd Pacquiao
07-16-2014, 01:34 AM
Well at least he's doing good by boosting Cleveland's economy

moisaenz
07-16-2014, 01:36 AM
last time I saw him he lost because a whole team quit on him,at the end of the day basketball is a team sport and its hard to win championships .

hater
07-16-2014, 01:41 AM
last time I saw him he lost because a whole team quit on him,at the end of the day basketball is a team sport and its hard to win championships .

tbh Lebron quit on his team in the crucial game 1 of the NBA Finals

Juggity
07-16-2014, 01:47 AM
You can't honestly believe the Heat were going to win again. Their roster was totally spent, as proven by the spurs in the finals (and if not the spurs, any western conference team). Dwyane Wade was still supposed to be good at this point, but he's barely a top-40 player in the league right now given the injuries and failure to produce.

Also, Lebron is 29. That's still pretty young. He's probably got 10 more years to win rings. If he wins so much 1 ring, he is immortal in Cleveland. He certainly has a better chance of winning a ring in Cleveland than in the dying husk of the Miami Big 3 era with as much dead weight as that team was carrying around (chalmers, cole, wade, birdman, oden, haslem, beasley). Cleveland has some dead weight too, but their young talent is on its way up and all-in-all better than what's left in Miami. The chance to play with Irving and wiggins (or love), in his hometown makes a lot of sense. With as bad as the east is, the team is an immediate contender.

SupremeGuy
07-16-2014, 01:49 AM
last time I saw him he lost because a whole team quit on him,at the end of the day basketball is a team sport and its hard to win championships .I don't know if they quit as much as they were just outmatched, tbh. The Spurs were just on another level. If it wasn't for 4 consecutive missed FTs in G2, we sweep the Heat. Lebron did as much as he could though. lol

Infinite_limit
07-16-2014, 02:24 AM
Honestly, I thought he kind of gave up the title of GOAT when he had to join his superfriends to win a title. He'll prob win at least one or maybe two more rings just because the road to the finals in the East is a fucking embarrassment. lol
I agree. He'll never catch Jordan but returning to Cleveland allows him to crack the Immortal 6. Winning 2 titles in Cleveland is the equivalent of 4 with the Superfriends. If he were to Win 3 titles in the next 8 years in Cleveland. I'd have to put him alongside the Magics, Birds, Wilts, etc.

Franklin
07-16-2014, 06:33 AM
No, the cavs have better supporting cast than Miami.

TDMVPDPOY
07-16-2014, 07:41 AM
giving up on guys who sign to play with you at bargain prices only to find out u left them for greener pastures

i wonder what wouldve been mcrobs and grangers price on the market if they didnt sign that slave minimum deals

Clipper Nation
07-16-2014, 07:46 AM
1 Cleveland ring > 6 Stern-engineered, Pippen's-sidekick rings

baseline bum
07-16-2014, 08:06 AM
LeBron lost the race to catch Jordan in 2011.

TDMVPDPOY
07-16-2014, 08:18 AM
i think the top5 goat is settled.....

whatever kang does from here on is probably get him as high as 6 only

Dex
07-16-2014, 08:33 AM
Lebron traded TOSB Wade and Alpha Bosh (who hangs out on the perimeter now, which has caused the rest of his offensive game to regress) for a young and explosive point guard in Kyrie Irving and two up-and-coming prospects in Bennett and Wiggins. I'm not convinced he has given up anything right now. The East is still wide open and the Cavs will be in the mix as long as their young players show up.

The question which remains to be seen is whether Cleveland will be able to bring in more talent season after season to satisfy James. Miami had the full package (money, location, and Lebron) to throw at FAs, whereas Cleveland will only have one of those things unless Gilbert suddenly has decided to stop being cheap.

Kool Bob Love
07-16-2014, 11:59 AM

http://i54.tinypic.com/fux8nd.jpg

spurraider21
07-16-2014, 12:02 PM
he gave up on his crusade against racism too, tbh

Buddy Mignon
07-16-2014, 12:04 PM
tbh Lebron quit on his team in the crucial game 1 of the NBA Finals

And game 5.

Splits
07-16-2014, 12:15 PM
he gave up on his crusade against racism too, tbh

And the Sterling trial isn't over. What a coon.

AaronY
07-16-2014, 12:18 PM
LeBron lost the race to catch Jordan in 2011.

troof bomb

baseline bum
07-16-2014, 12:25 PM
Lebron traded TOSB Wade and Alpha Bosh (who hangs out on the perimeter now, which has caused the rest of his offensive game to regress) for a young and explosive point guard in Kyrie Irving and two up-and-coming prospects in Bennett and Wiggins. I'm not convinced he has given up anything right now. The East is still wide open and the Cavs will be in the mix as long as their young players show up.

The question which remains to be seen is whether Cleveland will be able to bring in more talent season after season to satisfy James. Miami had the full package (money, location, and Lebron) to throw at FAs, whereas Cleveland will only have one of those things unless Gilbert suddenly has decided to stop being cheap.

Arison was cheap too.

JoeTait75
07-16-2014, 12:51 PM

Dan Gilbert has a lot of issues, but being cheap is not one of them. He'll spend whatever he has to spend.

Really, all LeBron has to do is win one ring in Cleveland to truly put him in the pantheon, imho. Even without Kevin Love his new supporting cast has a far higher ceiling than any of the teams he had in Cleveland before 2010. Personally I think the Cavaliers need good veteran role players- shooters, defenders, rim-protectors- more than they need Kevin Love.

Thread
07-16-2014, 01:06 PM
Really, all LeBron has to do is win one ring in Cleveland to truly put him in the pantheon, imho.

That's a royal crock of shit, but, it's propagation is wide ranging---like CN's mothers' ass.

BlackSwordsMan
07-16-2014, 01:15 PM
He's already passed kobe for greatness

baseline bum
07-16-2014, 01:49 PM
Dan Gilbert has a lot of issues, but being cheap is not one of them. He'll spend whatever he has to spend.

Really, all LeBron has to do is win one ring in Cleveland to truly put him in the pantheon, imho. Even without Kevin Love his new supporting cast has a far higher ceiling than any of the teams he had in Cleveland before 2010. Personally I think the Cavaliers need good veteran role players- shooters, defenders, rim-protectors- more than they need Kevin Love.

How close are you guys to signing Ray Allen? Any bigs out there? Can't believe Clevelenad didn't draft Noel last year. He'd have been such a perfect fit, and seemed an obvious pick after passing on Valaciunas.

baseline bum
07-16-2014, 01:50 PM
He's already passed kobe for greatness

He did that when he took that godawful 09 Cavs team to 66 wins tbh.

Clipper Nation
07-16-2014, 01:53 PM
He did that when he was born tbh.
fify

JoeTait75
07-16-2014, 02:00 PM
That's a royal crock of shit, but, it's propagation is wide ranging---like CN's mothers' ass.

You probably haven't been back for a while, Cully, maybe you've forgotten how hard it is to win here- in anything.

Arcadian
07-16-2014, 02:09 PM
Are you a closet Miami fan or something? Lebron actually has a better chance to win with Cleveland in the long run...Miami was getting older and shittier with every passing season. Lebron jumped off the sinking ship before it was too late.

kobe4life
07-16-2014, 02:10 PM

Ah shat up Great Satan worshiper no way in hell will 3 rings be greater than 6. Stop making excusing for your false Idol's failures.

Thread
07-16-2014, 06:03 PM
You probably haven't been back for a while, Cully, maybe you've forgotten how hard it is to win here- in anything.

Difficult to win anywhere. I just don't care for the preamble that if he wins one in Cleveland it's the second coming of Christ and it will be this watershed moment......until the next watershed moment. And they (Media) ain't setting up that lone victory. They're providing shade in case he loses without end. Setting his legacy in cement because the first legacy they set for him went away across two Junes.

2 is puny...and at 11 years in...they're well aware of that.

Clipper Nation
07-16-2014, 06:37 PM
Difficult to win anywhere. I just don't care for the preamble that if he wins one in Cleveland it's the second coming of Christ and it will be this watershed moment......until the next watershed moment. And they (Media) ain't setting up that lone victory. They're providing shade in case he loses without end. Setting his legacy in cement because the first legacy they set for him went away across two Junes.

2 is puny...and at 11 years in...they're well aware of that.
Of course you don't see the value of ringing in Cleveland, you hopped off the bandwagon when Mesa blew that save.

Thread
07-16-2014, 07:15 PM
Of course you don't see the value of ringing in Cleveland, you hopped off the bandwagon when Mesa blew that save.

No. I hopped off when they moved off the Lake.

Clipper Nation
07-16-2014, 07:16 PM
No. I hopped off when they moved off the Lake.

Dale, defending his fandom.

tee, hee.

Thread
07-16-2014, 07:17 PM
Dale, defending his fandom.

tee, hee.

Nope.

BlackSwordsMan
07-16-2014, 07:21 PM
Nope.

So you're a suns fan then?

Thread