PDA

View Full Version : Ayers contract or Hibbert contract?

07-16-2014, 10:10 AM
Both were robberies, but which was worse?

I vote Ayers. Dude can't even hang in summer league, yet he has a guaranteed NBA contract and a championship. Hibbert could at least be serviceable on a decent contract.

Hibbert was overpaid, Ayers should have never been paid to begin with.

lmbebo
07-16-2014, 10:40 AM
Not even close. Hibbert is much worse. His potential to influence the game is that much higher. One is a starting center in the league, one rides the end of the bench for near the vet min.

Ayers at 2 yrs, 4 mil total?

Hibbert is at like 4-5 years, max territory?

Malik Hairston
07-16-2014, 11:58 AM
Hibbert's is obviously worse from a "harmful" standpoint, it could seriously hinder his franchise if he doesn't turn it around next year, but Ayers's contract is horrible from a logic/principle standpoint..

Still not sure how a random scrub that was already past the point of being a "prospect" managed to receive a contract that was worth more than the minimum:lol..realistically, he probably isn't even an NBA player..

Mikeanaro
07-16-2014, 12:29 PM
Hibbert to me, dude is a starting center in a young team with aspirations to at least the NBA FINALS but he was such a crapbag that nobody cared about his 7´2¨ ass, yeah other players sucked but Hibby was the worst of them this was the time for Indy and yet they fell short.

MarCowMar
07-16-2014, 12:33 PM
Ayers is only locked up for one more season. Hibbert is locked for two.

So it comes down to whether you want to risk $30 million for a potential starting center, or $2 million for a potential third string center.

look_at_g_shred
07-16-2014, 01:09 PM
Dat nigga Hibbert by far, and it ain't even close. Here's the difference, the Pacers success relies solely on the production of Hibbert. When he's good the pacers are too. When he's bad, which during the post-season seemed pretty much every game, the pacers look horrible. The Spurs on the other hand, don't rely on the play of one Jeff Ayres. If he sucks, which is all the time :lol it doesn't hurt the Spurs. The Spurs are going to do good/bad without him even hitting the floor.

TheGoldStandard
07-16-2014, 01:11 PM
Jeff Ayres can call Roy Hibbert and tell him to kiss the rangs.... He's a CHAMPION

look_at_g_shred
07-16-2014, 01:14 PM
And please quit talking bout my boy....http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/702/501/hi-res-187012612-jeff-ayres-of-the-san-antonio-spurs-looks-on-against_crop_north.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75&v=1405124893

SpurPadre
07-16-2014, 01:29 PM
Hibbert's is obviously worse from a "harmful" standpoint, it could seriously hinder his franchise if he doesn't turn it around next year, but Ayers's contract is horrible from a logic/principle standpoint..

Still not sure how a random scrub that was already past the point of being a "prospect" managed to receive a contract that was worth more than the minimum:lol..realistically, he probably isn't even an NBA player..

Well, PATFO aren't infallible, just like me starting a thread complaining about the ESPYs, lol. It's like they just hung to Boylen's word and got burned. I still hate the Bonner love fest but at least he isn't making Ayres money.

spurs1990
07-16-2014, 09:54 PM
Still waiting on a user named PlayAyers to make their way to this forum.

HankChinaski
07-17-2014, 11:45 AM
Hibbert is a shell of his former self. Verdict still out on him. He is much worse if he doesn't turn it around this season.

Ayers is just a ethical problem with his contract. He got paid for murdering an taking the place Jeff Pendergraph.

Richie
07-17-2014, 12:04 PM
Ayres has no negative impact on the Spurs at all. If we want we can waive him to free up a roster spot, his cap hit would make no difference because we only have exceptions anyway.

ChumpDumper
07-17-2014, 12:10 PM
This gnashing of teeth over a deal barely over the minimum is hilarious.

lol spurfan

HankChinaski
07-17-2014, 02:19 PM
He doesn't cost the club much in comparison to equal talent or players with even less on crappier contracts.

TheyCallMePro
07-17-2014, 02:29 PM
Hibbert, no doubt about it. Outside of a few good playoff series (one won, one lost last year) he's SUCKED his whole career. At least nobody ever thought Ayers was good and gave him 55 MILLION DOLLARS. Ayers only got 2 years/4 million, and 1 of those years, thank God, is already past us. The Pacers are going to be stuck with Hibbert for another 3 years. There's no comparison.

Now if you're asking who's better? Well if you put a gun to my head.....Hibbert, by a hair. But I hope that speaks volumes as to how bad he is because I consider Ayers as the worst player in the NBA.

Obstructed_View
07-17-2014, 08:17 PM
For what Ayres provides to the regular-season Spurs, he's paid just about right. I want him making as many mistakes as possible on the summer league team so he knows what to work on and what not to do when the games are for real. So far, I have no reason to doubt his ability to do that.

Baam
07-17-2014, 08:21 PM
This gnashing of teeth over a deal barely over the minimum is hilarious.

lol spurfan

Well it was just a much worse deal than Blair that gave way more on the court for way less money so there's that...

ChumpDumper
07-17-2014, 09:15 PM
Well it was just a much worse deal than Blair that gave way more on the court for way less money so there's that...Exactly what I'm talking about.

Hyperbole time.