PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi getting some hate by casual fans for not joining Team USA

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
07-16-2014, 11:41 AM
You know what they say, when you become MVP or a top player, you will get the media hate :lol

"I went through those two seasons going down to June 20," Leonard told the San Antonio Express-News (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2014/07/14/leonard-may-be-withdrawing-from-team-usa-for-fiba-world-cup/). "That's tough on your body to keep going. I'm just learning from Tony and Manu Ginobili, just going into that offseason and playing so hard and then coming back and their bodies not feeling the same and then being tired for the regular season. So I'm just learning from them."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11222189/kawhi-leonard-san-antonio-spurs-withdraws-team-usa

Quotes:

Wowww.
Lebron 4 finals, Olimpcs and is 29.

This kid is only 23 and is tired??

(https://www.facebook.com/pages/Israel-Defense-Forces/105291309509626)well manu is 37 next week and parker is 32 ofcouse they will be tired..kawhi is 23 with 3 seasons on him..i understand what he saying but come on..that lesson you learn when you reach their age not at this stage of your career..

(https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cactus-Shadows-High-School-Psh/106470209390418)23 years old. If you're that tired now good luck in 10 years

(https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dirk-Nowitzkis-Manager/234629479884751)I am in no means hating on kawhi Leonard but there was a chance that hr wasn't going to make the team anyway

phxspurfan
07-16-2014, 11:44 AM
The last guy's got a point. With KD and PG24 leading the team, Leonard's skillset was not really necessary this time around. Hew might be able to fill the AI role in the next olympics, though.

The Reckoning
07-16-2014, 11:44 AM
damn son he'll play til his 40s

FkLA
07-16-2014, 11:49 AM
The last guy's got a point. With KD and PG24 leading the team, Leonard's skillset was not really necessary this time around. Hew might be able to fill the AI role in the next olympics, though.

Yeah, plus it mightve been a little awkward for Kawhi considering Beta Durant's 'Kawhi is a system player imagine Paul George on the Spurs' tweet.

RD2191
07-16-2014, 11:49 AM
Good thing the MVP don't give a fuck.

Malik Hairston
07-16-2014, 11:50 AM
:lol I thought this was going to be "hate" from a media outlet or something..these are hate quotes from random ESPN message board posters? Who the fuck cares, tbh?..

Obstructed_View
07-16-2014, 11:51 AM
Revised thread title: "Kawhi getting criticized by people that don't know how hard it is to play a single game, let alone 89 of them in less than 8 months"

InRareForm
07-16-2014, 11:52 AM
Lol digging up stupid comments from stupid people

TheGreatYacht
07-16-2014, 11:57 PM
Lmao at the people saying Kawhi wouldn't of made the team... Coach K needs defense, here are his guards: Curry, Irving, Lillard, Rose, HARDEN, & now either Beal or Thompson
(Paul George will be Durant's backup)

Ron Swanson
07-17-2014, 12:00 AM
Revised thread title: "Kawhi getting criticized by people that don't know how hard it is to play a single game, let alone 89 of them in less than 8 months"

For two years in a row, as well. It's not like the offseason is all that long.

Salty
07-17-2014, 12:32 AM
How asshurt could Spurs fans possibly get after we just won 5?

Obstructed_View
07-17-2014, 12:45 AM
Lmao at the people saying Kawhi wouldn't of made the team... Coach K needs defense, here are his guards: Curry, Irving, Lillard, Rose, HARDEN, & now either Beal or Thompson
(Paul George will be Durant's backup)

They needed defense, and talked about how much they valued it a few years ago, and then Bruce Bowen was the first cut. You can probably tell who's going to make the team by how many jerseys they sell.

TampaDude
07-17-2014, 07:38 AM
Kawhi Leonard is an NBA Champion.

Kawhi Leonard is the Finals MVP.

Kawhi Leonard doesn't give a fuck what people think about his decision.

100%duncan
07-17-2014, 07:55 AM
I bet Kawhi is banging chicks right now and not giving a fuck tbh. So should you guys here.

TheyCallMePro
07-17-2014, 02:39 PM
I'm kinda disappointed Kawhi isn't going to be playing as well... now we won't get to see TP, Kawhi, Patty, and now probably even Manu play this summer, and who doesn't want to see them play? I don't buy into this "I need the rest" BS either. It's an excuse and is more like "I want the vacation" and "I don't want to play, and this is the only way I can get out of it" more so than anything. And obviously the Spurs had a hand in this. Manu is right, the Spurs shouldn't interfere with the players off-season agenda's when it comes to playing for their countries national teams.

Granted Kawhi's minutes probably would have been limited with all the scorers and the "super-stars" there, but it would have been interesting seeing him play outside of the spurs system for once.

703 Spurz
07-17-2014, 04:00 PM
You know what they say, when you become MVP or a top player, you will get the media hate :lol

"I went through those two seasons going down to June 20," Leonard told the San Antonio Express-News (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2014/07/14/leonard-may-be-withdrawing-from-team-usa-for-fiba-world-cup/). "That's tough on your body to keep going. I'm just learning from Tony and Manu Ginobili, just going into that offseason and playing so hard and then coming back and their bodies not feeling the same and then being tired for the regular season. So I'm just learning from them."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11222189/kawhi-leonard-san-antonio-spurs-withdraws-team-usa

Quotes:

You can't possibly expect every single person to agree on something. You could have Jessica Alba's pussy in your face and someone would complain it smells or doesn't look right. On the other hand, the casual NBA fan is a god damn idiot so what the fuck do you expect?

703 Spurz
07-17-2014, 04:04 PM
I'm kinda disappointed Kawhi isn't going to be playing as well... now we won't get to see TP, Kawhi, Patty, and now probably even Manu play this summer, and who doesn't want to see them play? I don't buy into this "I need the rest" BS either. It's an excuse and is more like "I want the vacation" and "I don't want to play, and this is the only way I can get out of it" more so than anything. And obviously the Spurs had a hand in this. Manu is right, the Spurs shouldn't interfere with the players off-season agenda's when it comes to playing for their countries national teams.

Granted Kawhi's minutes probably would have been limited with all the scorers and the "super-stars" there, but it would have been interesting seeing him play outside of the spurs system for once.

I don't want to see any of them play. They need rest. They need to stay healthy. I don't give 2 fucks about their international play.

rogues
07-17-2014, 04:06 PM
Kiwi is not a real American. Look at Kevin, a proud MVP going to defend his country's national team. He could learn a thing or two..

Brunodf
07-17-2014, 04:42 PM
Who cares, as long as he plays for the Spurs next season...

Arcadian
07-17-2014, 04:46 PM
If I were an NBA player, I would want no part of playing in the summer. Athletes are already enslaved enough as it is, and people expect them to play even more than they're obligated to? :lol Fuck off.

Skull-1
07-17-2014, 08:17 PM
Kawhi Leonard is an NBA Champion.

Kawhi Leonard is the Finals MVP.

Kawhi Leonard doesn't give a fuck what people think about his decision.

Obstructed_View
07-17-2014, 08:29 PM
If I were an NBA player, I would want no part of playing in the summer. Athletes are already enslaved enough as it is, and people expect them to play even more than they're obligated to? :lol Fuck off.

I agree. The Olympics was dirty enough before the NBA got involved. I love the idea of playing for your country, and I'm a very patriotic person, but guilting professionals into joining team USA just so someone can make a fortune on jersey sales is fucking bullshit. Let it be a showcase for college players or guys trying to break into the NBA. I'd much rather have those guys playing on my behalf. In a couple of years some NBA star will have the bright idea of having his agent get him a paycheck for playing, and the whole shitty experiment will come to an end.

xellos88330
07-18-2014, 11:20 AM
I think Kawhi has made the right choice. I don't believe he made the choice with "rest" in mind. I think these are his reasons why.

1. You could tell he was surprised when he won Finals MVP. He wanted to thank everyone for pushing him so hard to reach that goal. Maybe he just wants to return the favor by being as healthy as possible.
2. He feels like he could do even more and won't participate internationally until he himself believes he is a top tier talent in the NBA and can represent the USA properly.
3. He wants his youngest years in the NBA to not be marred by fatigue, or potential injury by playing international ball. He would rather continue improving w/o any distractions or excuses.

Mel_13
07-18-2014, 11:34 AM
I think Kawhi has made the right choice. I don't believe he made the choice with "rest" in mind. I think these are his reasons why.

1. You could tell he was surprised when he won Finals MVP. He wanted to thank everyone for pushing him so hard to reach that goal. Maybe he just wants to return the favor by being as healthy as possible.
2. He feels like he could do even more and won't participate internationally until he himself believes he is a top tier talent in the NBA and can represent the USA properly.
3. He wants his youngest years in the NBA to not be marred by fatigue, or potential injury by playing international ball. He would rather continue improving w/o any distractions or excuses.

3a. He's not about to risk the 8 figure annual salary that will be in his immediate future by playing for free in a tournament most casual fans won't even watch.

spurraider21
07-18-2014, 11:34 AM
Kiwi is not a real American. Look at Kevin, a proud MVP going to defend his country's national team. He could learn a thing or two..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wek2Hw6qgM

Raven
07-18-2014, 11:37 AM
well they do have a point, but who cares.

weebo
07-18-2014, 12:15 PM
I think the US already made its point of being better than any other country at the game of basketball. It's time to give the Olympic game back to the college kids.

Obstructed_View
07-18-2014, 01:09 PM
I think the US already made its point of being better than any other country at the game of basketball. It's time to give the Olympic game back to the college kids.

And you, like most of us, probably thought that somewhere at the end of 1992. That sentiment was kind of sealed when Shawn Kemp dunked with a hand on his nuts playing for Dream Team II.

kobyz
07-18-2014, 02:13 PM
If somehow USA losing the gold medal, the media will give Kawhi hard time for avoiding the call up...

King
07-18-2014, 02:26 PM

They could both learn from each other. Kawhi could learn about patriotism and Kevin could learn about winning.

TampaDude
07-18-2014, 04:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wek2Hw6qgM

"Get in my poster!"

toki9
07-19-2014, 07:35 AM
Isn't there a bit of bad blood between Colangelo and Pop with regards to Team USA?

Russo21
07-19-2014, 08:08 AM
Screw the haters. Kawhi played until game 7 of the final round last season, played until game 5 of the final round this season. He has/had a bad knee he was resting during the season before he LeBron'd LeBron in the finals. I'm glad he isn't playing. And as someone else said in here, I don't think Kawhi would give a shit about any haters he has for skipping the event. After a full on 2 seasons i'm sure he has some family and friends and some skanks he'd rather spend time and chill with then play more ball.

Obstructed_View
07-19-2014, 11:30 AM
Isn't there a bit of bad blood between Colangelo and Pop with regards to Team USA?

There's bad blood from Colangelo because the Spurs whipped the Suns in the playoffs. Colangelo has taken it out on Bowen and Pop in his capacity with Team USA. Pop had to send a letter to him, carbon copied to everyone in the league, asking Colangelo to stop spreading lies about Pop's willingness to coach the team after he started telling the press bullshit to cover his bias.

jimbo
07-19-2014, 12:41 PM

:lol enslaved by playing a children's game

:lol you probably work just as many hours as them but for a shitty paycheck

Athletes that are good enough to play for team USA are blessed beyond measure imo. If I was one of them I'd feel obligated to play for someone other than myself. (AKA the US)

Arcadian
07-19-2014, 02:46 PM
:lol enslaved by playing a children's game

:lol you probably work just as many hours as them but for a shitty paycheck

Athletes that are good enough to play for team USA are blessed beyond measure imo. If I was one of them I'd feel obligated to play for someone other than myself. (AKA the US)

Nah. I work waaaay less than a professional athlete...and on my own schedule.

The only commonality is that athletes, like me, do something they claim to enjoy. However, as with anything in life, when you do something you enjoy with too much regularity and under the control of an owner, it stops being enjoyable, and it starts feeling like work.

Mikeanaro
07-19-2014, 03:30 PM
Lol, enough is enough he dont wanna play thats great there is a time to rest some fatties canŽt understand that, Kawhi is young and needs a bus full of pussies.
Too much BB already fuck team usa thats for losers like Durant or PG I dont remember the media criticizing Klobe for giving usa his middle finger.
First he need rest and second he wants to improve his skills and third the buss full of pussies.
Im glad this season is over and when late october comes IŽll be fully recharged to see the new season.
Casual fatties want to see their players play like robots because they have no life and moving their asses out the couch would be a suicide attempt.

TampaDude
07-19-2014, 03:43 PM

The only commonality is that athletes, like me, do something they claim to enjoy. However, as with anything in life, when you do something you enjoy with too much regularity and under the control of an owner, it stops being enjoyable, and it starts feeling like work.

^ this, tbh

jimbo
07-19-2014, 06:10 PM

Great for you. If you can make a living and work minimal hours, you've got it made. (I'm the opposite. I do something I enjoy, so I enjoy working a lot of hours.)

I just know I'd have a different perspective If I was playing a game for millions of dollars. There'll be plenty of time to do whatever the hell I want in the 40+ years of free time I've got after I retire. & like I said earlier If I were an elite NBA player, I'd feel like I'd owe it to play for other people because of how lucky/blessed I am.

Regarding the second part, wouldn't the Olympics/World Cup or whatever be a break from basketball "feeling like work?" They aren't working for an owner in that situation. Not just technically speaking with that, as a lot of these guys do those random summer league games like the Drew League anyways. Playing more basketball in their free time. Might as well do it for your country with other top guys against other top talent.

Josh810
07-19-2014, 08:46 PM
Lol @ taking any internet comment section seriously. You can post a video of an autistic little boy saving a puppy from a fire and that will get hated on in the comments section. Get outta here with this. :lol