PDA

View Full Version : Hamburgers

johnsmith
07-16-2014, 03:26 PM
I need some new ideas. For the longest time I mixed dry ranch packets and bacon bits with ground beef and then grilled. I'm tired of that now...anyone have some good ideas?

lefty
07-16-2014, 03:28 PM
Mix dry ranch packets and bacon bits with ground beef and then grill.

RD2191
07-16-2014, 03:30 PM
Mix dry ranch packets and bacon bits with ground beef and then grill.
:lol

cantthinkofanything
07-16-2014, 03:31 PM
Fry up some bacon and lay on top of the burger. Accent the taste with some ranch dressing.

Cry Havoc
07-16-2014, 03:33 PM
If you ever get a chance, go here:

http://www.thecounterburger.com/

DisAsTerBot
07-16-2014, 03:34 PM
blue cheese with pickled red onions

CosmicCowboy
07-16-2014, 03:39 PM
I've started smoking burgers instead of grilling them. I will first put on peppered bacon (cut in half) about 30 minutes later I will put on the meat patties (seasoned however you like, I like worcestershire and fajita seaoning kneaded into the meat) with piles of serrano peppers cut in half and onions in foil seasoned with olive oil and steak seasoning. When the bacon is crisp I'll put it on top of the beef patties, pile up peppers and seasoned onions as desired on top of the bacon and then top with a couple of cheese slices...drop the lid till the cheese melts and holds that flavor bomb all together...then add to the lettuce. tomato etc. on the bun...

cantthinkofanything
07-16-2014, 03:41 PM
I've started smoking burgers instead of grilling them. I will first put on peppered bacon (cut in half) about 30 minutes later I will put on the meat patties (seasoned however you like, I like worcestershire and fajita seaoning) with piles of serrano peppers cut in half and onions in foil seasoned with olive oil and steak seasoning. When the bacon is crisp I'll put it on top of the beef patties, pile up peppers and seasoned onions as desired on top of the bacon and then top with a couple of cheese slices...drop the lid till the cheese melts and holds that flavor bomb all together...then add to the lettuce. tomato etc. on the bun...

I thought your mainly smoked sausages.

seriously though...that sounds like damn good burgers

Sportcamper
07-16-2014, 03:41 PM
Was waiting for Cosmic...No more calls, we have a winner! :lol

In any case I have been grilling Buffalo ground beef stuffed with mozzarella…Grilled bun, red onion & toppings…Leaner than beef & not gamey…

TheSanityAnnex
07-16-2014, 03:42 PM
I need some new ideas. For the longest time I mixed dry ranch packets and bacon bits with ground beef and then grilled. I'm tired of that now...anyone have some good ideas?

Burger patty: lowest fat ground beef you can find (patties shrink with high fat content, flavor is the same)/fresh jalepeno minced/crumbled blue cheese/coarse ground pepper/dash of cayenne
Burger construction from bottom up: bun/shredded lettuce/patty/bacon(cooked in oven covered in brown sugar/cayenne/coarse black pepper)/avocado/bun

edit: cheese of choice on patty

Trill Clinton
07-16-2014, 03:47 PM
no offense, but making a good burger patty shouldn't have more than 3 steps. get some good 80/20 beef, season with salt n pepper and grill it on slightly greased griddle or cast iron skillet and cook it to your liking(i prefer medium well)

save the fancy toppings and buns for the geeks burger elitist's. tomato, lettuce and onion for toppings and your choice of bun and condiments.

RD2191
07-16-2014, 03:50 PM
I thought the point of a burger was to taste the beef? I'm old school, salt, pepper, cheese, is all I need on my burger.

mrsmaalox
07-16-2014, 04:01 PM
no offense, but making a good burger patty shouldn't have more than 3 steps. get some good 80/20 beef, season with salt n pepper and grill it on slightly greased griddle or cast iron skillet and cook it to your liking(i prefer medium well)

save the fancy toppings and buns for the geeks burger elitist's. tomato, lettuce and onion for toppings and your choice of bun and condiments.

I agree. I do like minced onions in the meat though.

The Gemini Method
07-16-2014, 04:02 PM
I'm an unabashed hamburger hipster. So I go to The Habit, The Counter, Eggslut, or 50/50 and have them make my burger. Preferably medium rare...I want that shit like my 'giners...bloody. Kidding about the 'giners...not so much about the burgers.

lefty
07-16-2014, 04:12 PM
I thought the point of a burger was to taste the beef? I'm old school, salt, pepper, cheese, is all I need on my burger.
Det nig gets it

The Gemini Method
07-16-2014, 04:22 PM
Fuck it. Sometimes you want to add extra to it and then you venture outside the boring and put whatever you like on the burger. A fried egg is a great addition...may not be the most healthiest add-on, but it sure tastes good.

leemajors
07-16-2014, 04:23 PM
I like either putting caramelized onions and garlic in my patties, or doing ground venison with pesto - either sage/basil pesto or rosemary pesto. Adds a bit of fat to hold the venison together and tastes great.

Spur|n|Austin
07-16-2014, 04:49 PM
I've started smoking burgers instead of grilling them. I will first put on peppered bacon (cut in half) about 30 minutes later I will put on the meat patties (seasoned however you like, I like worcestershire and fajita seaoning kneaded into the meat) with piles of serrano peppers cut in half and onions in foil seasoned with olive oil and steak seasoning. When the bacon is crisp I'll put it on top of the beef patties, pile up peppers and seasoned onions as desired on top of the bacon and then top with a couple of cheese slices...drop the lid till the cheese melts and holds that flavor bomb all together...then add to the lettuce. tomato etc. on the bun...

Wowzers that sounds good - may be making burgers tonight now.

TeyshaBlue
07-16-2014, 05:47 PM

Word...'cep for the skillet part. Grill those fuckers over fire like a man!

I buy brisket and have it ground. Best burger known to man.

TeyshaBlue
07-16-2014, 05:49 PM

Troof. If you have a good burger, you don't need to throw stuff at it to make it behave.

TeyshaBlue
07-16-2014, 05:50 PM
I agree. I do like minced onions in the meat though.

You're very high maintenence.

DJR210
07-16-2014, 05:57 PM

Juicy Lucy's ya dig? Stuff that sum'bitch with shredded cheese, seal the edge and bake. You can stuff with bleu cheese, bacon pieces, basically whatever you like. Worcestershire sauce with some onion and garlic powder makes a good marinade for the beef too..let that shit sit overnight in the fridge..good stuff

DJR210
07-16-2014, 05:59 PM
Duplicate