PDA

View Full Version : David Hawkins

Kori Ellis
08-20-2005, 11:52 AM
David Hawkins, a 6-foot-5, 230-pound guard, is one of eight players in camp with no contractual ties to the Sixers. With president and general manager Billy King possibly looking to bring three or four extra bodies to October's training camp, it's fair to say that Hawkins has a shot to get that far.

Along with the Wizards, the San Antonio Spurs, the Seattle SuperSonics and the Denver Nuggets have inquired into Hawkins' availability. But the Sixers are his first choice, and he will wait for them to make a decision before he plans his next move.

"It feels good to get the opportunity again to get my foot in the door in the NBA," he said, referring to this week's mini-camp. "That's my goal. So I'm just happy that the Sixers have given me this opportunity."

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/12431901.htm

Every guy that I see the Spurs are looking at is around the same mold -- 6'5 shooting guard. :wtf

boutons
08-20-2005, 11:54 AM
Go get 'im, Princess, turn on your royal recruiting charm. :)

Solid D
08-20-2005, 01:29 PM
Don't you think reason the Spurs are looking at 6'5" perimeter players may be more because they are more plentiful than taller Wings?

Dex
08-20-2005, 01:43 PM
That, or CIA is in full effect.

It is that time of year.

Kori Ellis
08-21-2005, 12:14 PM
Here you go .. they finally worked out something other than a 6'5 SG. This time a 6'6 SF. :)

Former UK star Chuck Hayes went to San Antonio at the end of the week to work out for the Spurs. His agent, Calvin Andrews, said Hayes continued to explore options in the NBA and Europe.

"Like many American kids, he wants to stay in America," Andrews said. "But he knows this is a business. If the opportunity is in Europe, he's fine with that."

Besides the Spurs, there are a couple other NBA teams with interest in Hayes, Andrews said. The agent declined to name the teams because it was too soon to know the level of interest.

CubanMustGo
08-21-2005, 02:37 PM
The agent declined to name the teams because it was too soon to know the level of interest.

AKA "we called some teams and they haven't called us back yet." :smokin