PDA

View Full Version : Another Malaysian Boeing Airline went down

RsxPiimp
07-17-2014, 10:45 AM
(CNN) -- A Malaysia Airlines flight from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur has crashed in eastern Ukraine, Russian news agency Interfax reported Thursday.
The jet is a Boeing 777, according to Interfax.
The plane reportedly went down near the border between Russia and Ukraine.

Probably shot down by Russia. At least they know where this one landed.

The Gemini Method
07-17-2014, 10:46 AM
Damn...not a good year for the Malay airline...

JudynTX
07-17-2014, 10:47 AM
Holy fuck. Not again!

djohn2oo8
07-17-2014, 10:47 AM
It was shot down. I remember when I said to some niggas around here (Rogue) that the other plane was probably shot down too.

RsxPiimp
07-17-2014, 10:49 AM
It was shot down. I remember when I said to some niggas around here (Rogue) that the other plane was probably shot down too.

Russians dont fuck around when it comes to their airspace.

RD2191
07-17-2014, 10:53 AM
:wow

cantthinkofanything
07-17-2014, 10:53 AM
Manufactured crisis to take focus of border debacle

JudynTX
07-17-2014, 11:28 AM
Body parts scattered around up to 15 km from crash site, at least 100 bodies seen. :(

Trill Clinton
07-17-2014, 11:30 AM
prayers sent up to the victims and their families. hopefully whoever is responsible is dealt with swiftly.

The Gemini Method
07-17-2014, 11:33 AM
Terrible. Probably the end of Malaysian Airlines and a senseless tragedy.

RsxPiimp
07-17-2014, 11:34 AM
Malaysian Airlines passenger plane with 295 aboard was shot down by a surface-to-air missile in Ukraine near the Russian border, according to multiple reports.

The airline, which saw one of its fleet disappear over the Indian Ocean in March, confirmed only that "an incident" had occurred involving the Boeing 777, which was en route to Kuala Lumpur from Amsterdam.

“Malaysia Airlines has lost contact of MH17 from Amsterdam," read a tweet from the airline. "The last known position was over Ukrainian airspace. More details to follow,” read a tweet from Malaysia Airlines’ account.

Malaysian Defense Minister Hishammuddin Hussein said he has directed the country’s Ministry of Defense to investigate the incident, according to a message on his Twitter account. He said he could not confirm that the plane was shot down.

But multiple reports, including from Russia's Interfax news agency, said the plane was shot down at cruising altitude. Anton Gerashenko, an adviser to Ukraine's Interior Minister told The Associated press that the plane, carrying 280 passengers and 15 crew people onboard, was shot down.

Gerashenko says on his Facebook page the plane was flying at an altitude of 33,000 feet when it was hit Thursday by a missile fired from a Buk launcher. A similar launcher was seen by Associated Press journalists near the eastern Ukrainian town of Snizhne earlier Thursday.

The adviser also told Russian news agency Interfax that all onboard have been killed.

The border area where the plane apparently went down, near the city of Kremenchuk, has been embroiled in the larger dispute between Ukraine and ethnic Russian separatists. Fighting has intensified in recent months in the region. A day before, according to the Ukrainian government, a Russian military plane shot down a Ukrainian fighter jet in Ukrainian airspace.

cantthinkofanything
07-17-2014, 11:45 AM
I'm wondering who was on that flight. I wouldn't be surprised if it is some big wig.

lil'mo
07-17-2014, 12:21 PM
Damn, so Ukraibe isn't even calling it an accident? They're just saying "yeah, we shot it down, all 285 are dead". That's fucked up :wow

cantthinkofanything
07-17-2014, 12:23 PM
Damn, so Ukraibe isn't even calling it an accident? They're just saying "yeah, we shot it down, all 285 are dead". That's fucked up :wow

Yes...that's what they're saying. Furthermore, they said they've been planning it since yesterday and are going to do it again real soon.

lil'mo
07-17-2014, 12:25 PM
Where you read that?

cantthinkofanything
07-17-2014, 12:26 PM
Where you read that?

some newspaper that was left in the bathroom stall

2pac > Kobe
07-17-2014, 12:27 PM
ww3, lets get that 3peat baby

RD2191
07-17-2014, 12:29 PM
So was it Ukraine or Russia?

lil'mo
07-17-2014, 12:50 PM
some newspaper that was left in the bathroom stall

Yeah, ok

cantthinkofanything
07-17-2014, 12:52 PM
Yeah, ok

well...where are you reading that Ukraine is saying they shot it down?

lefty
07-17-2014, 12:53 PM
Maybe the pilots should wear those Malaysian glasses from Seinfeld

ColinB
07-17-2014, 12:57 PM
At least they found this one.

DJR210
07-17-2014, 01:09 PM
hopefully whoever is responsible is dealt with swiftly.

Yeah, guess which country goes and "deals" with them assuming they were shot down for no legitimate reason?

RD2191
07-17-2014, 01:12 PM
Obama like idgaf.:lol

The Gemini Method
07-17-2014, 01:17 PM
Probably the Russian separatists that shot them down because there were a SAM battery there in the area. This also happened on the anniversary of the TWA airplane crash a while ago.

cantthinkofanything
07-17-2014, 01:17 PM
Obama like idgaf.:lol

he'll give a fuck. he's going to be happy for anything that takes the press away from all the other shit.
23 Americans on board.

spurraider21
07-17-2014, 01:20 PM
I remember you saying that it either landed or crashed :lol

RD2191
07-17-2014, 01:21 PM
he'll give a fuck. he's going to be happy for anything that takes the press away from all the other shit.
23 Americans on board.
I doubt it, he never wins anyways. People bitch about what he does and doesn't do. They're never happy.

cantthinkofanything
07-17-2014, 01:26 PM
I doubt it, he never wins anyways. People bitch about what he does and doesn't do. They're never happy.

Never winning is a good indication that you suck.

The Gemini Method
07-17-2014, 01:27 PM

True. Fucking people expect their beliefs to be completed by a politician and yet they always complain when their personal needs aren't meted out. Blame the Lefties; Blame the Righties :cry Anyhow, watching that impact video is crazy. Though, I wonder by the way the plane went down and exploded, it must've been crippled by the so-called missle because it was too centralized to have been an explosion in the sky. It was a refined explosion rather than a chaotic explosion you would tend to get via on-contact explosion.

RD2191
07-17-2014, 01:32 PM
Never winning is a good indication that you suck.
I don't care about politics or know much about them. I do know that Obama has been unfairly criticized since his 1st day in office.

RD2191
07-17-2014, 01:33 PM
True. Fucking people expect their beliefs to be completed by a politician and yet they always complain when their personal needs aren't meted out. Blame the Lefties; Blame the Righties :cry Anyhow, watching that impact video is crazy. Though, I wonder by the way the plane went down and exploded, it must've been crippled by the so-called missle because it was too centralized to have been an explosion in the sky. It was a refined explosion rather than a chaotic explosion you would tend to get via on-contact explosion.
I agree. And I have no idea what happened. Maybe the wing got clipped or something?

The Gemini Method
07-17-2014, 01:36 PM
I agree. And I have no idea what happened. Maybe the wing got clipped or something?

I'm guessing so. If the missile is fired by supposed separatists, then that could explain it sense they wouldn't have the best training of firing a SAM missile. The FAA had prohibited American flights to even come close to the Ukraine airspace. Because of the possibility of Ukrainian and Russian radars sending conflicting information. I mean, though, if a commercial airline is flying at 32k miles, it should be distinguishable from a enemy military plane. However, a Russian fighter did shoot down a Ukrainian plane earlier this week. Not sure why Malaysian Aviation Authorities would even consider a route. Just another misstep by that country and it probably would've been avoided if they had followed the protocol of other airlines.

cantthinkofanything
07-17-2014, 01:37 PM
I'm guessing so. If the missile is fired by supposed separatists, then that could explain it sense they wouldn't have the best training of firing a SAM missile. The FAA had prohibited American flights to even come close to the Ukraine airspace. Not sure why Malaysian Aviation Authorities would even consider a route. Just another misstep by that country and it probably would've been avoided if they had followed the protocol of other airlines.

Have they ruled out an onboard bomb yet?

RsxPiimp
07-17-2014, 01:37 PM
well...where are you reading that Ukraine is saying they shot it down?

"MH-17 is not an incident or catastrophe, it is a terrorist attack," Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko tweeted. He has stepped up his military campaign against the rebels since a ceasefire late last month failed to produce any negotiations.
Russia, which Western powers accuse of trying to destabilize Ukraine to maintain influence over its old Soviet empire, has accused Kiev's leaders of mounting a fascist coup. It says it is holding troops in readiness to protect Russian-speakers in the east - the same rationale it used for taking over Crimea.
Ukrainian Interior Ministry official Anton Gerashchenko said on Facebook: "Just now, over Torez, terrorists using a Buk anti-aircraft system kindly given to them by Putin have shot down a civilian airliner flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur."
"There is no limit to the cynicism of Putin and his terrorists!" he wrote on the social media site. "Europe, USA, Canada, the civilized world, open your eyes! Help us in any way you can! This is a war of good against evil!"

RD2191
07-17-2014, 01:38 PM
Some dude on CNN believes the plane wasn't hit my a missile. So it just went down by itself?

cantthinkofanything
07-17-2014, 01:39 PM
"MH-17 is not an incident or catastrophe, it is a terrorist attack," Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko tweeted. He has stepped up his military campaign against the rebels since a ceasefire late last month failed to produce any negotiations.
Russia, which Western powers accuse of trying to destabilize Ukraine to maintain influence over its old Soviet empire, has accused Kiev's leaders of mounting a fascist coup. It says it is holding troops in readiness to protect Russian-speakers in the east - the same rationale it used for taking over Crimea.
Ukrainian Interior Ministry official Anton Gerashchenko said on Facebook: "Just now, over Torez, terrorists using a Buk anti-aircraft system kindly given to them by Putin have shot down a civilian airliner flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur."
"There is no limit to the cynicism of Putin and his terrorists!" he wrote on the social media site. "Europe, USA, Canada, the civilized world, open your eyes! Help us in any way you can! This is a war of good against evil!"

and??? my response was to mo who seemed to be saying Ukraine shot it down.

RD2191
07-17-2014, 01:39 PM
I'm guessing so. If the missile is fired by supposed separatists, then that could explain it sense they wouldn't have the best training of firing a SAM missile. The FAA had prohibited American flights to even come close to the Ukraine airspace. Because of the possibility of Ukrainian and Russian radars sending conflicting information. I mean, though, if a commercial airline is flying at 32k miles, it should be distinguishable from a enemy military plane. However, a Russian fighter did shoot down a Ukrainian plane earlier this week. Not sure why Malaysian Aviation Authorities would even consider a route. Just another misstep by that country and it probably would've been avoided if they had followed the protocol of other airlines.
Any connection to Malaysian airline flight 370? In your opinion.

cantthinkofanything
07-17-2014, 01:40 PM
I don't care about politics or know much about them. I do know that Obama has been unfairly criticized since his 1st day in office.

he has also been fairly criticized on numerous other occasions

regardless...I can't take you seriously with that mullet

The Gemini Method
07-17-2014, 01:40 PM
Have they ruled out an onboard bomb yet?

As the situation down there is chaotic w/o this tragedy, I'm guessing the have no real idea of what happened and probably will not have one for a while. This is a highly contested area and it was really foolish to even devise a flight plan in the area. Fuck being late or having to take a longer route, those things can be overcame. Unfortunately, death cannot and even if they never do find a culprit, it will continue to destroy the already damaged image of Malaysian Airlines and fuel a contentious rift between Russia and Ukraine.

RsxPiimp
07-17-2014, 01:41 PM
It's being reported that 23 US citizens are on board, if that matters to you guys.

RD2191
07-17-2014, 01:42 PM
he has also been fairly criticized on numerous other occasions

regardless...I can't take you seriously with that mullet
:lolBusiness in the front, party in the back.

RsxPiimp
07-17-2014, 01:42 PM
Some dude on CNN believes the plane wasn't hit my a missile. So it just went down by itself?

Doubt it. No plane loses contact just like that at 33,000 feet.

The Gemini Method
07-17-2014, 01:43 PM
Any connection to Malaysian airline flight 370? In your opinion.

I don't think so. Well, there is a connection the fumbling nature of how Malaysian Airlines handled MH370 and allowing for one of its planes to fly over a battle zone would probably the most concrete linkage between the two. I do believe that one was totally avoidable (MH17) and the other was probably due to catastrophic failure of both machine and pilot.

RD2191
07-17-2014, 01:44 PM
I don't think so. Well, there is a connection the fumbling nature of how Malaysian Airlines handled MH370 and allowing for one of its planes to fly over a battle zone would probably the most concrete linkage between the two. I do believe that one was totally avoidable (MH17) and the other was probably due to catastrophic failure of both machine and pilot.
Well, I won't be flying Malaysian anytime soon. :lol

The Gemini Method
07-17-2014, 01:44 PM
Doubt it. No plane loses contact just like that at 33,000 feet.

If it is a design flaw in the 777 then it is certainly possible...however, I agree that is highly unlikely with it happening over a hot spot and what not...

The Gemini Method
07-17-2014, 01:45 PM
Well, I won't be flying Malaysian anytime soon. :lol

Probably the best way to go :lol.

RD2191
07-17-2014, 01:48 PM
http://d2lzghgvw1jtbn.cloudfront.net/event_updates/10/333507212_134660687.jpg

RD2191
07-17-2014, 01:49 PM
Not to worry, some random dude is providing his expertise on the situation.

The Gemini Method
07-17-2014, 01:51 PM
For those who mentioned that Ukrainian forces shot it down, it wouldn't be that far-fetched. They did "accidentally" shoot down a Russian Tupulov back in 2001 during a military exercise. Plug in a very, very, volatile situation and it could have been downed by Ukrainian forces with a twitchy sense of being.

cantthinkofanything
07-17-2014, 01:53 PM
:lolBusiness in the front, party in the back.

LOL. I think they fucked up your business too.

The Reckoning
07-17-2014, 01:53 PM
damn i used to like flying malaysian. crazy how SAMs can knock out planes that high up.

The Gemini Method
07-17-2014, 01:54 PM
always :lol when a mullet is involved...

cantthinkofanything
07-17-2014, 01:55 PM
http://d2lzghgvw1jtbn.cloudfront.net/event_updates/10/333507212_134660687.jpg

oh yeah...this was definitely shot down by the Russians. All the tell-tell signs are there.

RsxPiimp
07-17-2014, 01:57 PM
If it is a design flaw in the 777 then it is certainly possible...however, I agree that is highly unlikely with it happening over a hot spot and what not...

I don't know if we can point it to that. 777 is supposedly Boeing's first entirely computer-designed commercial aircraft. It had 1 fatal crash and there were only 3 casualties there. This is totally different as it has been reported by witnesses the plane exploded in mid air plus 100 bodies were scattered spread over 15 km.

The Gemini Method
07-17-2014, 01:57 PM
damn i used to like flying malaysian. crazy how SAMs can knock out planes that high up.

Used to be highly rated on the yearly airlines list...after this, I'm not sure if they can weather this and the MH370 fiasco. SAMs nowadays have a great deal of reach. It is curious though as to whether this was intentional or accidental. Guess that really doesn't matter at this point because no one will own up to shooting down a passenger plane in the middle of a contested region.

The Gemini Method
07-17-2014, 01:59 PM
I don't know if we can point it to that. 777 is supposedly Boeing's first entirely computer-designed commercial aircraft. It had 1 fatal crash and there were only 3 casualties there. This is totally different as it has been reported by witnesses the plane exploded in mid air plus 100 bodies were scattered spread over 15 km.

You are probably right. However, its insane how long it takes airlines to correct recalls and malfunctioning parts in airplanes. I think there were an issue on cargo doors and it took 3 massive crashes before anything was enforced. It certainly makes a traveler wary of flying an airline of a country that might not have as strict guidelines as say the FAA does.

Infinite_limit
07-17-2014, 02:10 PM
LOL @ deflecting from Israel committing genocide on the Palestinians

The Gemini Method
07-17-2014, 02:15 PM
LOL @ deflecting from Israel committing genocide on the Palestinians

Humanity. Gotta love it!

Wild Cobra
07-17-2014, 02:24 PM
Malaysian Airlines passenger plane with 295 aboard was shot down by a surface-to-air missile in Ukraine near the Russian border, according to multiple reports.

Who is claiming it was shot down with surface to air?

A Russian did claim responsibility for downing an aircraft, but that was 3 days ago, and an AN-26 flying at 6,500 ft. Not a 777 flying at 30,000 ft.

Wild Cobra
07-17-2014, 02:26 PM
(CNN) -- A Malaysia Airlines flight from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur has crashed in eastern Ukraine, Russian news agency Interfax reported Thursday.
The jet is a Boeing 777, according to Interfax.
The plane reportedly went down near the border between Russia and Ukraine.

Probably shot down by Russia. At least they know where this one landed.

I read a report that believes it was a terrorist bombing.

tlongII
07-17-2014, 02:31 PM

Nah. It was a surface to air missile.

Wild Cobra
07-17-2014, 02:40 PM
Nah. It was a surface to air missile.
What proof is there?

Infinite_limit
07-17-2014, 02:43 PM
What proof is there?
No proof of anything. For all we know it was Israel

RD2191
07-17-2014, 02:46 PM
Israel launches ground offense in Gaza.

cantthinkofanything
07-17-2014, 02:50 PM
Israel launches ground offense in Gaza.

that's a wild ass response to a Malaysian jet getting shot down.

It confirms my suspicion that some high ranking Israelis were on the plane.

RD2191
07-17-2014, 02:50 PM
"For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another."

M (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/matthew/24/#v40024007)atthew 24:7

RD2191
07-17-2014, 02:51 PM
that's a wild ass response to a Malaysian jet getting shot down.

It confirms my suspicion that some high ranking Israelis were on the plane.
:lolProbably not related but who knows.

cantthinkofanything
07-17-2014, 02:51 PM

Was that my report on page 2 of this thread?

cantthinkofanything
07-17-2014, 02:52 PM
"For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another."

M (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/matthew/24/#v40024007)atthew 24:7

Check out today's date. 7/17/2014.

RD2191
07-17-2014, 02:57 PM
Nice catch.

johnsmith
07-17-2014, 03:01 PM
Stories I've read on this say it was shot down and that locals have reported seeing a "rocket" flying up and hitting it.

johnsmith
07-17-2014, 03:02 PM

So you think this is the beginning of the end?

RD2191
07-17-2014, 03:04 PM
So you think this is the beginning of the end?
I don't think its the beginning, I believe it began a while back. Of course this is just my opinion so who knows.

johnsmith
07-17-2014, 03:14 PM
I don't think its the beginning, I believe it began a while back. Of course this is just my opinion so who knows.

Too many "end of the world" scares have occurred just in my lifetime for me to buy into any of that...however, when it does happen, I hope it's as funny as "This is the End" was.

RD2191
07-17-2014, 03:18 PM
Too many "end of the world" scares have occurred just in my lifetime for me to buy into any of that...however, when it does happen, I hope it's as funny as "This is the End" was.
I understand. No one knows so to make predictions or set dates is wrong. However I do believe we are seeing signs of the end today. According to the Bible of course.

Never got around to seeing it. Heard it was hilarious.

johnsmith
07-17-2014, 03:19 PM
I understand. No one knows so to make predictions or set dates is wrong. However I do believe we are seeing signs of the end today. According to the Bible of course.

Never got around to seeing it. Heard it was hilarious.

Personally, I thought it was one of the funniest movies I've seen in the past decade.

cantthinkofanything
07-17-2014, 03:21 PM
Personally, I thought it was one of the funniest movies I've seen in the past decade.

Ugh. I was excited to see this movie but it sucked IMO.

The Gemini Method
07-17-2014, 03:22 PM

I would make a run at Rihanna if that were the case...just like Michael Cera did...beat that up in a different matter than Chris Brown...

RD2191
07-17-2014, 03:32 PM
U.S. Officials: Plane was shot down

RD2191
07-17-2014, 03:33 PM
So much for that douche who was on earlier claiming that a missile didn't hit the plane.

RD2191
07-17-2014, 03:33 PM
*on CNN

The Gemini Method
07-17-2014, 03:35 PM
Not a surprise, Robdiaz. I mean, you will always have counter-points in this time of media exposure. It was obvious 2 + 2 = 4 in this equation...terrible idea for whoever oversees the Malaysian flight plans...who the fuck in their right minds sends a plane over a warzone?

Big Empty
07-17-2014, 03:35 PM

LOL that is a little creepy

RD2191
07-17-2014, 03:36 PM
Not a surprise, Robdiaz. I mean, you will always have counter-points in this time of media exposure. It was obvious 2 + 2 = 4 in this equation...terrible idea for whoever oversees the Malaysian flight plans...who the fuck in their right minds sends a plane over a warzone?
Very good question. Someone is going to get fired or even prosecuted.

Infinite_limit
07-17-2014, 03:36 PM
U.S. Officials: Plane was shot down
LOL @ believing a single word by American officials.

RD2191
07-17-2014, 03:39 PM
LOL @ believing a single word by American officials.
Doesn't take a genius to figure out it was taken down by a missile. They didn't say who did it just that they could indeed confirm it was shot down.

cantthinkofanything
07-17-2014, 03:42 PM
hey...I've got that movie, Non-Stop, from Redbox at home. Is it any good?

The Gemini Method
07-17-2014, 03:45 PM
Is that the one with Liam Neeson in it? Probably a decent movie...

Infinite_limit
07-17-2014, 03:47 PM
hey...I've got that movie, Non-Stop, from Redbox at home. Is it any good?
Went straight to DVD rather quickly

RsxPiimp
07-17-2014, 03:48 PM
It's crazy how much risk Airline Companies take.

21:16
Aviation expert Julian Bray tells the BBC he was surprised any airlines were still flying over eastern Ukraine.
"Normally what they do [is] they fly around it - they declare it black and say 'no we're not going in there' or they send their aircraft a little higher," he says.

21:13
US carrier Delta Air Lines has said it was no longer sending flights through Ukrainian airspace.
"Out of an abundance of caution, Delta is not routing flights through Ukrainian airspace and is monitoring the situation involving Malaysia Airlines Flight 17," Delta said in a statement.

cantthinkofanything
07-17-2014, 03:54 PM
Went straight to DVD rather quickly

yeah...but I was surprised by his last few movies. Rolled my eyes when I saw the commercials but ended up liking them. Especially for a buck or so.

The Gemini Method
07-17-2014, 04:01 PM
yeah...but I was surprised by his last few movies. Rolled my eyes when I saw the commercials but ended up liking them. Especially for a buck or so.

Can't go wrong with fun for a buck.

Big Empty
07-17-2014, 04:03 PM
"there’s actually a tweet from a few hours ago (https://twitter.com/WowihaY/status/489700047215685632) that reported a sighting of a Buk missile system moving between the cities of Torez and Snizhne, both within in Donetsk Oblast — where the plane came down. "

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/186485-malaysia-airlines-flight-17-shot-down-in-ukraine-how-did-they-do-it

RD2191
07-17-2014, 04:28 PM
Wolf Blitzer is a tard. No wonder the world hates Americans.

cantthinkofanything
07-17-2014, 04:37 PM
Wolf Blitzer is a tard. No wonder the world hates Americans.

I hadn't though of the Tard Blog in a long time so I decided to share an entry:

12/2: Tards and stickers
I teach special education, kindergarten through 6th grade. I think it is important to note that, just like candy, retards will do anything for stickers.

One of my kids is a highly-functioning autistic. He is very smart, but quite troubled. This was our sticker conversation today, (Brad is his name):

Brad: "Do I get two stickers today, one for last Wednesday and one for today?"
Me: "No, Brad, you didn't earn your sticker last Wednesday, you did not make good choices, and talked back to the recess teacher and kicked Fred."
Me: "Fine. I hate you. I hate you so much. My Dad hates you to. Your a sorry bitch. My dad buys me all the stickers I want, so I don't even need more stickers. You are greedy and an asshole."

At this point I hit the button on the wall (http://tardblog.com/pics/button.jpg), to summon the principal for help.

Brad starts to tear his sticker book apart. Page by page, ripping it to shreds. This lasts for like 30 seconds. At which point he looks at me and says, "Now look what you made me do!! My dad is gonna be so mad at you. You owe me three months of stickers for this."

Needless to say, the tard will not get one fucking sticker from me. He will not get to chose from the Friday treat jar either, that Tweeker.

tlongII
07-17-2014, 04:55 PM
What proof is there?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/07/17/malaysia-airlines-passenger-jet-shot-down-over-ukraine/

Big Empty
07-17-2014, 05:26 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/07/17/malaysia-airlines-passenger-jet-shot-down-over-ukraine/

man thats odd. where did that video come from? its like it knew exactly where the plane was going to crash it even looked up.

Big Empty
07-17-2014, 06:11 PM
conspiracy theories!
http://www.boston.com/news/world/europe/2014/07/17/the-weirdest-conspiracy-theories-surrounding-the-malaysia-airlines-flight/Vga8tXxgp0g9z4t4OtctYL/story.htm

djohn2oo8
07-17-2014, 06:13 PM
I remember you saying that it either landed or crashed :lol
No, I said it either landed, or was shot down.

The Gemini Method
07-17-2014, 06:33 PM
conspiracy theories!
http://www.boston.com/news/world/europe/2014/07/17/the-weirdest-conspiracy-theories-surrounding-the-malaysia-airlines-flight/Vga8tXxgp0g9z4t4OtctYL/story.htm

They took the article down...

Wild Cobra
07-17-2014, 07:07 PM

I just have to make this remark...

Now all of a sudden, Fox news is credible?

Wild Cobra
07-17-2014, 07:10 PM
conspiracy theories!
LOL...

Deleted page...

Wild Cobra
07-17-2014, 07:12 PM
man thats odd. where did that video come from? its like it knew exactly where the plane was going to crash it even looked up.
Where is the missile trail?

Big Empty
07-17-2014, 07:18 PM

thats a good question. The main conspiracy theory was this http://rt.com/news/173672-malaysia-plane-crash-putin/ Putins plane was on a similar path as the Malaysion flight

Malaysian Airlines MH17 plane was travelling almost the same route as Russia’s President Vladimir Putin’s jet shortly before the crash that killed 295, Interfax news agency reports citing sources.
LIVE UPDATES:Malaysia Airlines MH17 plane crash in Ukraine (http://rt.com/news/173628-malaysian-plane-crash-ukraine/)
“I can say that Putin’s plane and the Malaysian Boeing intersected at the same point and the same echelon. That was close to Warsaw on 330-m echelon at the height of 10,100 meters. The presidential jet was there at 16:21 Moscow time and the Malaysian aircraft - 15:44 Moscow time,” a source told the news agency on condition of anonymity.
"The contours of the aircrafts are similar, linear dimensions are also very similar, as for the coloring, at a quite remote distance they are almost identical", the source added.
http://www.spurstalk.com/files/news/2a/66/80/00/33.jpg
At the same time, there have been reports contradicting Intefax’s report that was the first and the only media source to publish the news, saying that Presidential plane was not flying over Ukraine at the same time.
As a source told Gazeta.ru online news portal, Putin’s plane does take off from Vnukovo-3 [the terminal that accepts business jets], but the president does not fly over the conflict-gripped neighboring country.
“Putin has only one jet – Board One, he does not fly other planes. This plane always takes off from Vnukovo-3, but the presidential plane have not been flying over Ukraine for a while,” the source at Vnukovo-3 terminal said.
President Putin was on his way from Brazil, where he attended the BRICS summit, to Moscow.
Flight MH17 crashed in Ukraine on a flight from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, and was carrying 295 people.
The passenger Boeing-777 was expected to enter Russian airspace at 5:20pm local time, but never did, a Russian aviation industry source was cited by Reuters.
“The plane crashed 60km away from the border, the plane had an emergency beacon,” ITAR-TASS cited its source.

tlongII
07-17-2014, 07:34 PM

Fox is much more credible than the other news sources.

Wild Cobra
07-17-2014, 07:38 PM

thats a good question.

They say it would have been an SA-11 or SA-20 missile.

Ever see the plainly visible trail those things leave?

Big Empty
07-17-2014, 08:02 PM
This flight shares the anniversary of TWA flight 800, which was also at first believed to be a terrorist attack. 07/17/1996

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TWA_Flight_800

pgardn
07-17-2014, 08:44 PM

What makes you think that would be visible?

TheSanityAnnex
07-17-2014, 08:44 PM
So thoughtful of Obama to briefly say it "may" be a tragedy and then go on to make jokes about Biden and continue on fundraising.

Big Empty
07-17-2014, 08:53 PM
So thoughtful of Obama to briefly say it "may" be a tragedy and then go on to make jokes about Biden and continue on fundraising.

:lol It was just a matter of time before the Obama hatred was shown. Its not like he was playing with kids in a classroom while America was under attack

RandomGuy
07-17-2014, 09:12 PM
So was it Ukraine or Russia?

Ukrainian separatists.

They have been using (or commanding non-uniformed russian crews to do so) sophisticated SA-11 vehicle launched SAMs to shoot down Ukrainian military aircraft.

One of the separatists, immediately before the news broke claimed they shot down another large air transport, then deleted the posting online as soon as they found out what they actually shot down.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/118741/ukraine-rebels-allegedly-downed-malaysian-airlines-buk-launcher

"buk launcher" = SA-11

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buk_missile_system

RandomGuy
07-17-2014, 09:14 PM
:lol It was just a matter of time before the Obama hatred was shown. Its not like he was playing with kids in a classroom while America was under attack

Obama was on the phone with Putin at the time the news broke. Putin was bitching about the escalation of sanctions that hit the russian energy and financial sectors.

Awkward....

RD2191
07-17-2014, 09:16 PM
Ukrainian separatists.

They have been using (or commanding non-uniformed russian crews to do so) sophisticated SA-11 vehicle launched SAMs to shoot down Ukrainian military aircraft.

One of the separatists, immediately before the news broke claimed they shot down another large air transport, then deleted the posting online as soon as they found out what they actually shot down.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/118741/ukraine-rebels-allegedly-downed-malaysian-airlines-buk-launcher

"buk launcher" = SA-11

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buk_missile_system
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

RandomGuy
07-17-2014, 09:16 PM
They say it would have been an SA-11 or SA-20 missile.

Ever see the plainly visible trail those things leave?

Don't need to see a trail. We have had some very sophisticated sensors trained on it for a while. The kind of infrared signature of a launcher like that is VERY distinctive.

It was under surveillance before, and will be under a microscope now. I imagine the US government will release the data at some point fairly soon.

Fuck Russia, it is time to cripple the shit out of their economy.

RD2191
07-17-2014, 09:17 PM
So what does the US do about this? What exactly do the separatist hope to achieve?

RandomGuy
07-17-2014, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

New Republic has a lot of good links in their articles.

If you follow them, you can even see the official Russian news agency noting that the separatists got ahold of Buk launchers. "SA-11" is the NATO designation. I went to the link and had Google translate it for me to confirm it.

You are welcome.

RandomGuy
07-17-2014, 09:21 PM
So what does the US do about this? What exactly do the separatist hope to achieve?

First question: ramp up sanctions to make it fucking hurt.

The separatists fucked up. They thought they were hitting another Ukrainian military transport plane.

The separatists have pissed Putin off, and he will probably throw them under the bus, from what I read so far.

Still, the responsibility falls plainly on Russia's shoulders though. You just don't let that kind of SAM system out of your control by accident, and they can only really effectively be deployed if they are properly maintained and supplied, as well as crewed by someone with some fair idea as to what they are doing.

RD2191
07-17-2014, 09:23 PM
First question: ramp up sanctions to make it fucking hurt.

The separatists fucked up. They thought they were hitting another Ukrainian military transport plane.

The separatists have pissed Putin off, and he will probably throw them under the bus, from what I read so far.

Still, the responsibility falls plainly on Russia's shoulders though. You just don't let that kind of SAM system out of your control by accident, and they can only really effectively be deployed if they are properly maintained and supplied, as well as crewed by someone with some fair idea as to what they are doing.
I keep hearing the word "sanctions". As someone new to politics, what exactly does sanctions mean? What's the end game here? Russia takes over Ukraine? sorry for all of the questions.

RandomGuy
07-17-2014, 09:23 PM
Recent US and EU sanctions:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-28338897

The US has targeted major banks including Gazprombank, defence firms and energy companies including Rosneft.

Russian President Vladimir Putin was quoted as saying sanctions would take US-Russia relations to a "dead end".

Saying it would give sanction details by the end of July, the EU said it would ask its EIB investment bank no longer to fund Russian projects.

The new round of US sanctions announced by the US treasury significantly expands previous penalties by Washington, which were limited to individuals in Russia and Ukraine and a number of companies.

US went farther than the Europeans did, but will be forced to go a lot farther now.

The US penalties stop short of a complete disengagement with sectors of the Russian economy - a step that US officials said was being held in reserve in case Moscow launches a military invasion of Ukraine.

RD2191
07-17-2014, 09:26 PM
Recent US and EU sanctions:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-28338897

US went farther than the Europeans did, but will be forced to go a lot farther now.
:tuThanks again.

RandomGuy
07-17-2014, 09:28 PM
:tuThanks again.

You're welcome. This is hugely important, it seemed to need some actual information.

RandomGuy
07-17-2014, 09:34 PM
I keep hearing the word "sanctions". As someone new to politics, what exactly does sanctions mean? What's the end game here? Russia takes over Ukraine? sorry for all of the questions.

This is when we forbid western companies from doing business with Russia. It is very dependent on a lot of Western companies for some things, especially their oil sector.

The end game is likely quite a bit of economic damage to Russia, and a severe loss of prestige and standing for them, pretty much the opposite of what Putin wanted.

Russia will not take over Ukraine. It is too big, and that would quite possibly trigger a NATO-Russia dust up. Ukraine is not part of NATO, but is running that way as fast as they can.

I can see a lot of military cooperation being shoved their way in rather covert ways after this.

You can expect Russia's oil output to decline faster than it has been once the sanctions go into effect, but that is a long term effect of this event. You won't see much effect on gas prices in the US though. (EDIT: Russia's oil sector managed to halt its production decline though partnerships with Western oil majors, and increased it in 2013, but this would not be sustainable without those partnerships)

If you want to profit from this, invest in US natural gas companies. Europe will be very very eager to cut its dependence on Russia for its natural gas after this, even more so than they were before. They will never be able to completely get away from it, though.

Big Empty
07-17-2014, 09:38 PM
There are alot of coincidences with this ur right random guy. Americans were murdered today. I wonder what becomes of this.

RD2191
07-17-2014, 09:39 PM
This is when we forbid western companies from doing business with Russia. It is very dependent on a lot of Western companies for some things, especially their oil sector.

The end game is likely quite a bit of economic damage to Russia, and a severe loss of prestige and standing for them, pretty much the opposite of what Putin wanted.

Russia will not take over Ukraine. It is too big, and that would quite possibly trigger a NATO-Russia dust up. Ukraine is not part of NATO, but is running that way as fast as they can.

I can see a lot of military cooperation being shoved their way in rather covert ways after this.

You can expect Russia's oil output to decline faster than it has been once the sanctions go into effect, but that is a long term effect of this event. You won't see much effect on gas prices in the US though.

If you want to profit from this, invest in US natural gas companies. Europe will be very very eager to cut its dependence on Russia for its natural gas after this, even more so than they were before. They will never be able to completely get away from it, though.
Very informative answer. I really do appreciate you walking me through this. I'm starting to at least get a small picture of what's going on over there.

Cry Havoc
07-17-2014, 09:44 PM
You're welcome. This is hugely important, it seemed to need some actual information.

Dude, haven't seen you around for a while. Great to to see you posting.

Cry Havoc
07-17-2014, 09:47 PM

You can expect Russia's oil output to decline faster than it has been once the sanctions go into effect, but that is a long term effect of this event. You won't see much effect on gas prices in the US though. (EDIT: Russia's oil sector managed to halt its production decline though partnerships with Western oil majors, and increased it in 2013, but this would not be sustainable without those partnerships)

Agree. Russia completely overplayed their hand here. They dared Europe and the United States to do something, and since then have given us increasing amounts of justification for actually taking serious action against Putin.

Things could get bad in Russia, really quickly. What's scary is that Putin is possibly arrogant enough to escalate this further...

RandomGuy
07-17-2014, 09:51 PM
Here is a bit on the covert Russian military support, both in Crimea and in eastern Ukraine. They have been dubbed "little green men".

The Ukraine crisis has seen an interesting phenomenon: the appearance in Crimea and eastern Ukraine of seemingly professional soldiers in Russia-style combat uniforms with Russian weapons but without identifying insignia. Ukrainians coined the term "little green men" when such soldiers first manned roadblocks and seized strategic points on the Crimean peninsula.

NATO should think through what this could portend for Alliance security, specifically, how to react if little green men appeared in Estonia or Latvia.

The little green men turned up in Crimea at the end of February. When asked at a March 4 press conference about the soldiers and their Russian-style combat fatigues, President Vladimir Putin denied that they were Russian, calling them "local self-defense units."

The truth soon came out. On March 28, Putin congratulated Russian officers in the Kremlin for their conduct of the Crimean operation. The Russian Defense Ministry issued a victory medal for the "return of Crimea." In a May 18 telethon, Mr. Putin acknowledged that the troops in Crimea were Russian.

In the same telethon, the Russian president denied that the soldiers who in April had begun seizing buildings in eastern Ukraine were Russian. While many of the armed separatists in Donetsk and Luhansk undoubtedly are local, some have looked and handled themselves a lot like the little green men/Russian soldiers who so efficiently took control of Crimea. Will Mr. Putin at some later date confirm that Russian personnel have in fact been involved in eastern Ukraine?

http://www.brookings.edu/research/opinions/2014/07/07-watch-out-little-green-men-pifer

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Europe/2014/0624/No-more-little-green-men-Putin-takes-military-option-in-Ukraine-off-table.-video

RandomGuy
07-17-2014, 09:54 PM

Been busy in a project in a very small town with shitty internet connectivity, that and vacation to wyoming to see my brother.

RandomGuy
07-17-2014, 09:56 PM
Agree. Russia completely overplayed their hand here. They dared Europe and the United States to do something, and since then have given us increasing amounts of justification for actually taking serious action against Putin.

Things could get bad in Russia, really quickly. What's scary is that Putin is possibly arrogant enough to escalate this further...

Well, Putin has indicated he will back down from the analysis I have read. Even he knows he has fucked up at this point.

His problem is that his own right-wing nationalists really want to escalate this, as they see Ukraine as "theirs". Those fuckers are in for a rude awakening.

Quite frankly it is, to me, another indication that right-wing nationalism is stupid and dangerous, in any country.

RandomGuy
07-17-2014, 09:59 PM
Very informative answer. I really do appreciate you walking me through this. I'm starting to at least get a small picture of what's going on over there.

Well this is some scary shit, that could draw the US, in a worst case scenario into a military conflict.

This and China's bullying of its neighbors. Fuck. But that is a whole other thread... maybe I will try to find one of my old ones and update it...

Cry Havoc
07-17-2014, 10:05 PM
Well, Putin has indicated he will back down from the analysis I have read. Even he knows he has fucked up at this point.

His problem is that his own right-wing nationalists really want to escalate this, as they see Ukraine as "theirs". Those fuckers are in for a rude awakening.

Quite frankly it is, to me, another indication that right-wing nationalism is stupid and dangerous, in any country.

He says that. To me, translated into Putindrek, it means, "In going to keep my underhanded assholery on the down low for a few weeks until everyone forgets about then, then resume the translucent attempts to wrest territory away from Ukraine."

Franklin
07-17-2014, 10:18 PM
Malaysia :lmao

Franklin
07-17-2014, 10:21 PM
People are stupid as fuck to believe it has anything to do with Putin and his Russia. Whole shit was caused by Malaysians' laziness and irresponsibility, which are inborn characteristics of them Southeastern Asian fucks. They just wanna cover up the whole shit and blame others for their own mistakes. They crashed two planes within the span of a few months and that ain't coincidence imho.

pgardn
07-17-2014, 10:32 PM
People are stupid as fuck to believe it has anything to do with Putin and his Russia. Whole shit was caused by Malaysians' laziness and irresponsibility, which are inborn characteristics of them Southeastern Asian fucks. They just wanna cover up the whole shit and blame others for their own mistakes. They crashed two planes within the span of a few months and that ain't coincidence imho.

You are an idiot.

Dirk Oneanddoneski
07-17-2014, 10:43 PM
The first Malaysian plane was probably the test run, now that the ratcoon tribe controls western Ukraine the call to take down the 2nd came straight from tel aviv

pgardn
07-17-2014, 10:50 PM
The first Malaysian plane was probably the test run, now that the ratcoon tribe controls western Ukraine the call to take down the 2nd came straight from tel aviv

Wild mushrooms in the salad.
Avoid them.

Franklin
07-17-2014, 10:50 PM
You are an idiot.
Yeah I don't believe what the mainstream media wants me to believe, I am an idiot.

pgardn
07-17-2014, 10:55 PM
Yeah I don't believe what the mainstream media wants me to believe, I am an idiot.

Wow good for you.

So where do you get your information?
Give me some of your favorite sites that are not mainstream.
I need to read about the Southeast Asian lazy gene.

Cry Havoc
07-17-2014, 10:56 PM

Soooo despite the fact that one of the rebel leaders tweeted that he shot down an aircraft at the exact same time, using a launcher that they would have only obtained locally from Russia, means that Russia had nothing to do with it?

Hemotivo
07-17-2014, 11:25 PM

http://www.boston.com/news/world/europe/2014/07/17/the-weirdest-conspiracy-theories-surrounding-the-malaysia-airlines-flight/Vga8tXxgp0g9z4t4OtctYL/story.html# ?

Jacob1983
07-17-2014, 11:26 PM
Is this like wag the dog? To distract us from Israel killing off Palestinians?

Infinite_limit
07-17-2014, 11:42 PM
Wow good for you.

So where do you get your information?
Give me some of your favorite sites that are not mainstream.
I need to read about the Southeast Asian lazy gene.
This guy believes American Media :nope

Cry Havoc
07-17-2014, 11:59 PM
This guy believes American Media :nope

This guy believes RT. :lmao

Infinite_limit
07-18-2014, 12:06 AM
This guy believes RT. :lmao
I was reading their article & Al Jazerra earlier

Definitely the way to go

Jacob1983
07-18-2014, 12:48 AM
Sad way to die but why would anyone be on a flight that is close to Russia and Ukraine? Just a recipe for disaster. Avoid those places, the Middle East and north Korea.

The Reckoning
07-18-2014, 01:26 AM
Sad way to die but why would anyone be on a flight that is close to Russia and Ukraine? Just a recipe for disaster. Avoid those places, the Middle East and north Korea.

do you check your plane's trajectory when you buy tickets? get real.

Venti Quattro
07-18-2014, 01:31 AM
:lmao Cuckraine

TDMVPDPOY
07-18-2014, 01:56 AM
US sanctions dont do shit to russia

they just sell t heir shit to the chinese who are energy hungry

Gummi Clutch
07-18-2014, 02:01 AM
US sanctions dont do shit to russia

they just sell t heir shit to the chinese who are energy hungry:lol

RsxPiimp
07-18-2014, 02:22 AM

I sincerely hope you don't believe anything of this. These planes were allowed to fly in the Eastern part of Ukraine. :lol

TDMVPDPOY
07-18-2014, 02:38 AM
I sincerely hope you don't believe anything of this. These planes were allowed to fly in the Eastern part of Ukraine. :lol

his a chinese faggot still pissed about the previous MAS missing 3months ago with +200 chinese gooks on aboard...

spurraider21
07-18-2014, 02:47 AM
i'm waiting for Obama's apology to Ukraine tbh

RsxPiimp
07-18-2014, 02:50 AM
his a chinese faggot still pissed about the previous MAS missing 3months ago with +200 chinese gooks on aboard...

:lmao

djohn2oo8
07-18-2014, 06:04 AM

This. They know what happened to that first plane. They just didn't want it out that is was shot down, which it was at night and no one could see. No way to avoid it this time.

Franklin
07-18-2014, 06:23 AM
I just speak the truth bro. No party has claimed responsibility for this shit yet and the path of the plane was supposed to be safe, and the Ukrainian insurgents had no reason to shoot a commercial flight. If the plane was shot by a missile, shit would've exploded and disintegrated in the stratosphere, more than 10,000 meters above the ground, rather than fall down as a whole with a burning wing imho.

Franklin
07-18-2014, 06:27 AM
This. They know what happened to that first plane. They just didn't want it out that is was shot down, which it was at night and no one could see. No way to avoid it this time.
If the first plane was indeed shot down, as you think, who was the criminal then? My guess is neither plane was "shot" down, but both were paralyzed by mechanical failures and crashed. Malaysian fags just don't wanna admit the truth so they're digging hard into the ground looking for excuses. But I agree with you that there must be some details Malaysians know but will never reveal to us.

Michael Jordan.
07-18-2014, 08:22 AM

Michael Jordan.
07-18-2014, 08:23 AM
http://rt.com/files/politics/kuril-islands-defense-military-736/buk-m1-anti-aircraft-missile-system.jpg

Michael Jordan.
07-18-2014, 08:25 AM
If the first plane was indeed shot down, as you think, who was the criminal then? My guess is neither plane was "shot" down, but both were paralyzed by mechanical failures and crashed. Malaysian fags just don't wanna admit the truth so they're digging hard into the ground looking for excuses. But I agree with you that there must be some details Malaysians know but will never reveal to us.
If the plane wasn't shot down, why are body parts scattered for over seven miles?

Michael Jordan.
07-18-2014, 08:31 AM
graphic

pgardn
07-18-2014, 08:42 AM
I was reading their article & Al Jazerra earlier

Definitely the way to go

All while snorting glue...

You read what you want to be told, and then hallucinate.
Your entire world view revolves around the hatred of Jews via a Nazi fantasy.
So this is your truth. It can't be anything else.
Good luck with reality.

TDMVPDPOY
07-18-2014, 08:56 AM
I just speak the truth bro. No party has claimed responsibility for this shit yet and the path of the plane was supposed to be safe, and the Ukrainian insurgents had no reason to shoot a commercial flight. If the plane was shot by a missile, shit would've exploded and disintegrated in the stratosphere, more than 10,000 meters above the ground, rather than fall down as a whole with a burning wing imho.

missile mustve had a ecm attached to it....cuts all electric power

TDMVPDPOY
07-18-2014, 08:58 AM
All while snorting glue...

You read what you want to be told, and then hallucinate.
Your entire world view revolves around the hatred of Jews via a Nazi fantasy.
So this is your truth. It can't be anything else.
Good luck with reality.

so ur saying he shouldnt be reading al jazeera news? i was watching them who had multiple sources appear on their network as news broke out with good analysis, comared to when i switch over to cnn with 2 idiots rinse and repeating what they been saying every 10minutes with no new info

DMC
07-18-2014, 09:11 AM
prayers sent up to the victims and their families. hopefully whoever is responsible is dealt with swiftly.

Day late don't you think?

pgardn
07-18-2014, 09:11 AM
so ur saying he shouldnt be reading al jazeera news? i was watching them who had multiple sources appear on their network as news broke out with good analysis, comared to when i switch over to cnn with 2 idiots rinse and repeating what they been saying every 10minutes with no new info

No.

I read it.
CNN is an entertainment channel.

NY Times, Washington Post, The Guardian, BBC, Der Speigel, Politico...
as well. For Economics The Economist and Wall Street Journal both more conservative so add a dash of Robert Reich.
European papers are a must for any US citizen to gauge dislike towards the US.

RT is amusing more than anything. I invite others to post what they find useful.

TDMVPDPOY
07-18-2014, 09:15 AM
No.

I read it.
CNN is an entertainment channel.

NY Times, Washington Post, The Guardian, BBC, Der Speigel, Politico...
as well. For Economics The Economist and Wall Street Journal both more conservative so add a dash of Robert Reich.
European papers are a must for any US citizen to gauge dislike towards the US.

RT is amusing more than anything. I invite others to post what they find useful.

what do you expect when rupert murdoch buys warner for 90b? continue to be fed with 1 sided news that fits his agenda

DD
07-18-2014, 09:23 AM

Gratz on 20K posts.

DD
07-18-2014, 09:28 AM
Can probably book my next 2 vacay flights (Phuket and Philippines) for dirt cheap now:tu

TDMVPDPOY
07-18-2014, 10:15 AM
Can probably book my next 2 vacay flights (Phuket and Philippines) for dirt cheap now:tu

u might as well buy them shares...

Cry Havoc
07-18-2014, 12:57 PM

Do you have a degree in advanced weaponry? Where are you getting this information? Do you realize that 600,000 pounds does not spontaneously disintegrate, and that missiles don't always land dead-center of an aircraft when they strike?

pgardn
07-18-2014, 01:07 PM
what do you expect when rupert murdoch buys warner for 90b? continue to be fed with 1 sided news that fits his agenda

Still go stuff in that paper.
Dis it at your own peril.
You understand who owns it, does not mean it turned crappy.

And so that's one paper you don't like, YOUR reading list... C'mon, you've put some bizzare stuff up, let's see.

The Reckoning
07-18-2014, 02:09 PM

Phuket's one of my favorite places in the world if you know where to stay. i flew malay there from australia and i couldn't complain. cheap flight too.

except KL is one of the worst airports ever to have a layover in. the places to lay down are uncomfortable, they keep the A/C in the low 60s, and the power kept going out lol.

i had a 12 hour layover there for a 2 hour connecting flight to phuket. that's prob why it was cheap.

StrengthAndHonor
07-18-2014, 02:55 PM
Stay away from Manila in general and Thailand
https://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/forums/asia-thailand/topics/safety-in-thailand-6a0646ce-bc05-46fa-97d2-ec2a5a8ed25c

cantthinkofanything
07-18-2014, 03:00 PM
Stay away from Malate or Manila in general

I tell ya...I never catch a break. I was working with my travel agent trying to find a place to vacation. After hours of back and forth, I said, "I don't care anymore. Fuck it.". Next thing I know, I'm getting fucked in the ass by a Thai ladyboy. Oy Vay!

StrengthAndHonor
07-18-2014, 03:03 PM
I tell ya...I never catch a break. I was working with my travel agent trying to find a place to vacation. After hours of back and forth, I said, "I don't care anymore. Fuck it.". Next thing I know, I'm getting fucked in the ass by a Thai ladyboy. Oy Vay!
Thailand still has the highest HIV cases in SE Asia right? My buddy went there last summer and he told me after a dozen beers, he wasn't sure if the girl giving him head was a lady boy or a woman.

cantthinkofanything
07-18-2014, 03:16 PM
Thailand still has the highest HIV cases in SE Asia right? My buddy went there last summer and he told me after a dozen beers, he wasn't sure if the girl giving him head was a lady boy or a woman.

Right. Mine was a joke in that I said, "Fuck it" and the travel agent sent me to Phuket.

cute_spursfan
07-18-2014, 03:19 PM
Some Aussie lady died but the creepy
part is her brother and sis in law were passengers on the Malaysian flight that went missing in March

cantthinkofanything
07-18-2014, 03:24 PM
Some Aussie lady died but the creepy
part is her brother and sis in law were passengers on the Malaysian flight that went missing in March

I'm sure that their mother or grandmother was abducted by aliens and that "they" are now just disposing of the genetic evidence which would be present in both the brother and sister.

The Reckoning
07-18-2014, 05:56 PM
Right. Mine was a joke in that I said, "Fuck it" and the travel agent sent me to Phuket.

how original.

fwiw it's pronounced pooket

RandomGuy
07-18-2014, 06:27 PM
He says that. To me, translated into Putindrek, it means, "In going to keep my underhanded assholery on the down low for a few weeks until everyone forgets about then, then resume the translucent attempts to wrest territory away from Ukraine."

I don't think so. I think he is going to cut his losses.

The sanctions and economic damage are going to bite. The nationalists will be told to go fuck themselves when the kleptocrats get hit in the pocketbook.

Franklin
07-18-2014, 06:29 PM
so you people seriously think a Boeing 777 could continue to glide hundreds of miles after eating a military anti-air missile?

RandomGuy
07-18-2014, 07:01 PM
so you people seriously think a Boeing 777 could continue to glide hundreds of miles after eating a military anti-air missile?

um... no.

Not sure who is saying that is possible.

RandomGuy
07-18-2014, 07:06 PM

No. Not really.

Malaysian air was not the only airline operating in the area before the shoot-down.

Indeed the bellicosity of the separatists is a fairly new thing.

How then, do you explain that the non-malaysian body setting the rules as to what is dangerous or not, did not have the area listed as a no fly zone?

MH17's flight plan was approved by Eurocontrol.

Are you saying Eurocontrol is run by people trying to cover up Malaysian Air's mistakes?

RandomGuy
07-18-2014, 07:09 PM

Actually, someone did claim responsibility.

Fail.

Deleted posts suggest Ukraine rebels downed Malaysian jet in error
http://news.yahoo.com/rebel-suggests-insurgents-shot-down-malaysia-plane-mistake-174750060.html;_ylt=AwrBEiLwtslTZEwAjUDQtDMD

They claimed responsibility for shooting down a military transport, because that is what they thought it was. Until they knew otherwise, then they fucking deleted all their online claims, but not before it got recorded.

RandomGuy
07-18-2014, 07:15 PM
If the plane was shot by a missile, shit would've exploded and disintegrated in the stratosphere, more than 10,000 meters above the ground, rather than fall down as a whole with a burning wing imho.

Fail.

It has a 2 mile long debris field.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/18/world/europe/malaysia-airlines-plane-leaves-trail-of-debris.html?_r=0

Wild Cobra
07-18-2014, 07:22 PM
Actually, someone did claim responsibility.

Fail.

Deleted posts suggest Ukraine rebels downed Malaysian jet in error
http://news.yahoo.com/rebel-suggests-insurgents-shot-down-malaysia-plane-mistake-174750060.html;_ylt=AwrBEiLwtslTZEwAjUDQtDMD

They claimed responsibility for shooting down a military transport, because that is what they thought it was. Until they knew otherwise, then they fucking deleted all their online claims, but not before it got recorded.
Appearances are sometimes misleading. I will agree the separatists likely are responsible, but I will not bet on it. there are still other possibilities, admittedly less likely.

Propaganda plays a large role in wars.

If the intercepted recording was real, and not faked. Those releasing it violated an oath to secrecy. If true, now the separatists know their communications were compromised, and will change communications methods.

The reports are careful to say "evidence" exists. Evidence is not always proof and sometimes fabricated.

I wonder if we will ever learn the truth, but I do have a hard time believing they would mistake and shoot down an aircraft at 30,000+ ft.

What ever the fate of the previous Malaysian airliner was, the cause could be similar. I wonder if both flights had passengers with some common link that would cause someone to murder everyone on board.

cantthinkofanything
07-18-2014, 08:23 PM
how original.

fwiw it's pronounced pooket

That would have pooked up the joke.

Michael Jordan.
07-19-2014, 12:46 PM
KIEV, Ukraine — The Ukrainian government said on Saturday, that it had proof that Russia had provided the surface-to-air missile system that shot down a Malaysia Airlines passenger jet over eastern Ukraine on Thursday, killing all 298 people aboard.
Ukraine accused Russia and separatist rebels in the east of trying to cover-up their role by blocking recovery workers from the crash site, removing evidence and driving the missile launchers back to Russia just hours after the crash. At a news conference in Kiev, Vitaly Nayda, the head of counterintelligence for the Ukrainian State Security Service, displayed photographs that he said showed three of the Buk-M1 missile systems on the road to the Russian border. Two of the devices, which are missile launchers mounted on an armored vehicle, crossed the border into Russia at about 2 a.m. Friday, or less than 10 hours after the jet, Flight 17, was blown apart in midair, he said. The third weapon crossed at about 4 a.m.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/20/world/europe/malaysia-airlines-plane-ukraine.html?_r=0

TDMVPDPOY
07-19-2014, 01:32 PM
lol these world leaders sittin behind a camera talkin shit to putin

go say it to his face

pgardn
07-19-2014, 02:53 PM
Appearances are sometimes misleading. I will agree the separatists likely are responsible, but I will not bet on it. there are still other possibilities, admittedly less likely.

If the intercepted recording was real, and not faked. Those releasing it violated an oath to secrecy. If true, now the separatists know their communications were compromised, and will change communications methods.

The reports are careful to say "evidence" exists. Evidence is not always proof and sometimes fabricated.

I wonder if we will ever learn the truth, but I do have a hard time believing they would mistake and shoot down an aircraft at 30,000+ ft.

What ever the fate of the previous Malaysian airliner was, the cause could be similar. I wonder if both flights had passengers with some common link that would cause someone to murder everyone on board.

I wonder if the tooth fairy actually replaced my teeth instead of leaving compensation.

And what you would not bet on above, I would.
I would bet money on it.

pgardn
07-19-2014, 02:55 PM
lol these world leaders sittin behind a camera talkin shit to putin

go say it to his face

Please no.
I would rather not see an old man with his shirt off, again.
Apparently you feed off his teets.

RandomGuy
07-19-2014, 11:27 PM

Other possiblities?

Name them.

Wild Cobra
07-19-2014, 11:33 PM
Other possiblities?

Name them.
One, would be an on-board bomb.

Another could be actual mechanical failure, though extremely unlikely because we have no "mayday" message.

My whole point is there is no certainty yet that it was a missile.
Can you seriously think of no reason besides a missile?

m>s
07-19-2014, 11:36 PM
alex jones actually ran a good piece on this. to break it down to really simple baby terms for the slower guys like pgardn, basically he said that russians are bad, globalists are worse. russia has nothing to gain by shooting down an airliner. and the rebels are actively supported by real russian military personnel who wouldn't just mistakenly shoot it down. there's only one possibility here really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XnWfo2nQqs&list=UUvsye7V9psc-APX6wV1twLg

RandomGuy
07-20-2014, 09:44 PM

By the by:

Here is an interesting video.

6OLPL5p0fMg

Very interesting yootoob channel.

RandomGuy
07-20-2014, 09:54 PM
alex jones actually ran a good piece on this. to break it down to really simple baby terms for the slower guys like pgardn, basically he said that russians are bad, globalists are worse. russia has nothing to gain by shooting down an airliner. and the rebels are actively supported by real russian military personnel who wouldn't just mistakenly shoot it down. there's only one possibility here really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XnWfo2nQqs&list=UUvsye7V9psc-APX6wV1twLg

The most highly trained militaries in the world have mistakenly shot down airliners.

the assertion that a bunch of rank amateurs couldn't possibly make a mistake is ridiculous.

That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Wild Cobra
07-21-2014, 02:32 PM
Other possiblities?

Name them.
This may be the most credible so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR5HtzbMy-E

Cry Havoc
07-21-2014, 04:37 PM

LOL "an intelligence source" from a random YouTube channel. K.

Wild Cobra
07-21-2014, 04:46 PM
LOL "an intelligence source" from a random YouTube channel. K.

Am I to assume you complete dismiss the possibility this is accurate?

Maybe you should testify with the evidence you possess.

Cry Havoc
07-21-2014, 04:53 PM

Today I learned that "possibly accurate" and "most credible source" mean the same thing to you. :lol

So if I found a random YouTube channel, regardless of what it says about anything, you consider it the most credible source? Because I got some people who would love to talk to you about chemtrails. :lol

"I'm wildcobra. Fuck actual investigations, I found a contratrian who uses a dramatic voice on top of his shoddy cut and paste Windows movie maker narratives! He seems reliable!"

Wild Cobra
07-21-2014, 05:24 PM
Today I learned that "possibly accurate" and "most credible source" mean the same thing to you. :lol

You idiot. I did not say it was the most credible source.

I said it may be.

may1
mā/
verb
modal verb: may

expressing possibility.
"that may be true"

So if I found a random YouTube channel, regardless of what it says about anything, you consider it the most credible source? Because I got some people who would love to talk to you about chemtrails. :lol

Did you follow the link in Youtube and sub links by chance?

The retraction in the NY Times?

"I'm wildcobra. Fuck actual investigations, I found a contratrian who uses a dramatic voice on top of his shoddy cut and paste Windows movie maker narratives! He seems reliable!"
You already have decide...

Blake
07-21-2014, 05:34 PM

It's been hilarious over the years looking at what sources you feel are credible and what sources you feel are driven by libtards

Wild Cobra
07-21-2014, 05:36 PM
It's been hilarious over the years looking at what sources you feel are credible and what sources you feel are driven by libtards
It's incredible entertaining to watch totally stupid fucks like yourself come to unfounded conclusions.

I'm not the one coming to a conclusion on this matter.

You stupid fucks are concluding I have come to a conclusion.

RandomGuy
07-21-2014, 05:51 PM

What I’ve been told by one source, who has provided accurate information on similar matters in the past, is that U.S. intelligence agencies do have detailed satellite images of the likely missile battery that launched the fateful missile, but the battery appears to have been under the control of Ukrainian government troops dressed in what look like Ukrainian uniforms.

The source said CIA analysts were still not ruling out the possibility that the troops were actually eastern Ukrainian rebels in similar uniforms but the initial assessment was that the troops were Ukrainian soldiers. There also was the suggestion that the soldiers involved were undisciplined and possibly drunk, since the imagery showed what looked like beer bottles scattered around the site, the source said.

One anonymous source says...

Given that the Russian separatists don't have an air force to actually shoot down, and have themselves been bragging about all the ukrianian military aircraft they have been shooting down, we would need a bit more than one anonymous source to assign any credibility to this more implausible scenario.

LOL "credible" source on infowars.com

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/uploads/gallery/1275187108/gallery_83989_34758_3566024244c01e7d0e3cc7.jpg

The Reckoning
07-21-2014, 05:52 PM
i won't believe it until i here what tspence has to say

RandomGuy
07-21-2014, 05:57 PM

I will dismiss it as likely inaccurate.

Such a theory is not anywhere near a better fit to the facts available, than a stupid, over-eager bunch of ill-trained rednecks might have pulled the trigger on what they thought was a military transport plane. I will be happy to flesh that out, if you want.

I would though, ask how much "credibility" do you think this "one unnamed source" have? Score of 1-100, with one being the lowest.

I would agree with the statement "this may be the most credible", but that is not saying much. I find it very un-credible, but out of the realm of other possibilities, i.e. aliens, or koreans, that would mean very little.

Wild Cobra
07-21-2014, 06:22 PM
I will dismiss it as likely inaccurate.

Such a theory is not anywhere near a better fit to the facts available, than a stupid, over-eager bunch of ill-trained rednecks might have pulled the trigger on what they thought was a military transport plane. I will be happy to flesh that out, if you want.

I would though, ask how much "credibility" do you think this "one unnamed source" have? Score of 1-100, with one being the lowest.

I would agree with the statement "this may be the most credible", but that is not saying much. I find it very un-credible, but out of the realm of other possibilities, i.e. aliens, or koreans, that would mean very little.
Does this mean you consider fact to be what consensus says, or what is most probable?

Blake
07-21-2014, 07:16 PM
It's incredible entertaining to watch totally stupid fucks like yourself come to unfounded conclusions.

You mean like your unfounded conclusion about black surgeons?

Wild Cobra
07-21-2014, 07:20 PM
You mean like your unfounded conclusion about black surgeons?
God you are a fucking retard.

I never concluded any such thing. Again, you are making unfounded conclusions of what you think my conclusions are. My words were to show the damage racial based quota systems have.

CuckingFunt
07-21-2014, 07:22 PM
God you are a fucking retard.

I never concluded any such thing. Again, you are making unfounded conclusions of what you think my conclusions are. My words were to show the damage racial based quota systems have.

Your conclusion was that black surgeons are unworthy of your trust because they were more likely to have benefited from Affirmative Action than their colleagues of any other race.

You stated that. Plainly.

Wild Cobra
07-21-2014, 07:28 PM
Your conclusion was that black surgeons are unworthy of your trust because they were more likely to have benefited from Affirmative Action than their colleagues of any other race.

You stated that. Plainly.
Oh bullshit.

I put that out as to show what it looks like to some people. It is a valid thought that crosses some people's mind. Quota systems cause concern of.

Bring that thread back up if you wish to continue. It doesn't belong in this one.

Who's troll are you to finally jump into this thread for that?

Have anything to contribute to this thread, or are you trying to derail it like a degenerate?

Wild Cobra
07-22-2014, 10:11 AM
More information:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/07/21/world/europe/wreckage-offers-clues-on-why-flight-17-went-down.html?_r=0

CuckingFunt
07-22-2014, 10:20 AM
Oh bullshit.

I put that out as to show what it looks like to some people. It is a valid thought that crosses some people's mind. Quota systems cause concern of.

Bring that thread back up if you wish to continue. It doesn't belong in this one.

Who's troll are you to finally jump into this thread for that?

Have anything to contribute to this thread, or are you trying to derail it like a degenerate?

A degenerate? I merely responded to something you said.

Cry Havoc
07-22-2014, 10:42 AM

Posting a random YouTube link and attacking people for subjecting it to doubt counts as contributing? Lawsy me, you just advocated for every Laker troll that's ever ventured onto Spurstalk.

TDMVPDPOY
07-26-2014, 08:14 AM
u know whats interesting about this incident? MAS is doing jackshit, just like the other plane also doing jackshit without giving any answers or any effort ...