PDA

View Full Version : Suns: Eric Bledsoe

Kamnik
07-17-2014, 11:19 AM
Is there any indication of what is happening?

Is there still any team willing to max him?? I was sure he will be signed by now but there is almost no reliable information anywhere.

Thread
07-17-2014, 11:29 AM
The Suns offering him 11 million a year on a 4 year deal. He's looking for max, but, nobody is offering that.

The Suns are willing to settle at 12 million a year, but, no further.

Findog
07-17-2014, 11:36 AM
Wish there was a way we had the financial flexibility to do a S'n'T for him.

Thread
07-17-2014, 12:15 PM

Well, there ain't, so, in the meantime go back and fuck your mother some more.

Killakobe81
07-17-2014, 12:25 PM
The Suns offering him 11 million a year on a 4 year deal. He's looking for max, but, nobody is offering that.

12 million while Dirk and Duncan work for less? Old or not that is bullshit. what a dumbass job of negotiations by the players no wonder Lebron and Wade wanted Fisher and company fired.

Findog
07-17-2014, 12:59 PM
Well, there ain't, so, in the meantime go back and fuck your mother some more.

Let's hug it out Cubby. I'm sorry for voting against you in whatever that EC thing was. I didn't put much thought into it one way or the other.

POPownsJackson
07-17-2014, 01:10 PM

12*4

Thread
07-17-2014, 01:15 PM
Let's hug it out Cubby. I'm sorry for voting against you in whatever that EC thing was. I didn't put much thought into it one way or the other.

Apology accepted, Fin, and a fine bear hug exchanged.

Good fellow.

baseline bum
07-17-2014, 03:02 PM

Not sure why Houston isn't all over that.

Findog
07-17-2014, 04:12 PM
Not sure why Houston isn't all over that.

Yup, he'd be a huge upgrade over Beverly. I'd rather pay Bledsoe $15 million than the guy they just shipped out. Why else did they trade Jelemy Rin to the Rakers if not to use the cap space provided?

baseline bum
07-17-2014, 04:28 PM
Yup, he'd be a huge upgrade over Beverly. I'd rather pay Bledsoe $15 million than the guy they just shipped out. Why else did they trade Jelemy Rin to the Rakers if not to use the cap space provided?

Just looked it up, and it seems like Houston can only offer about $12.1 million, so maybe that's it.

djohn2oo8
07-17-2014, 04:42 PM
Rockets are after Bledsoe. And Dragic.

Thread
07-17-2014, 04:44 PM

Ready yourself for the fight of your life, dj. They won't give him up easily. They get their back up here with little prompting. And their back is up over this. He does not want to be here and they're brazening it out nonetheless.

C'mon ta my house, dj, snag Blood.

- Pap

Leon Black
07-17-2014, 05:10 PM

And they'll come up empty like they have all offseason :lol

DPG21920
07-17-2014, 05:27 PM
:lol Bledsoe trying to be the poster boy for cashing in off limited flashes of potential:

Thread
07-17-2014, 05:29 PM
:lol Bledsoe trying to be the poster boy for cashing in off limited flashes of potential:

They have to tread carefully here. This is how it began when they dealt originally with Joe Johnson. It ended up in a bitter divorce over what boiled down to $5 million and a lot of hurt feelings.

phoenix219
07-17-2014, 06:36 PM
They have to tread carefully here. This is how it began when they dealt originally with Joe Johnson. It ended up in a bitter divorce over what boiled down to $5 million and a lot of hurt feelings.

Not quite the same; 5M and 32M aren't really in the same ball park. Joe had proven himself a bit more, and didn't have the injury history... but you also have to remember the timing on it. The first, smaller deal that was offered was right after they blew their wad on Nash and Q. It was unknown if Johnson, who had been very inconsistant and meek when backing up Penny, would be able to maintain that level of play... if they had faith in Joe, they wouldn't have signed Q. By the time the team bucked all expectations, the deal that he originally wanted was no longer even an option for the team, and he forced his way to Atlanta, wanting to be a big fish rather then a team player, and derailed the title train before it had barely gotten started. I believe there was some friction between he and Amare; I remember thinking that there were opportunities to get the ball to Stoudemire that Joe passed up on. He made it clear that he did not want to be the 4th star, even though Steve was orchestrating and Marion was cleanup, and it would have been Amare and Joe reaping all the benefits.

POPownsJackson
07-17-2014, 06:46 PM
They have room? They just signed Ish Smith to a 1 year deal. Seems rockets know they arent gonna get anyone good so they are just signing bottom feeders to fill their holes

Mugen
07-17-2014, 06:50 PM
Bledsoe is a loser tbh. Not sure why a shorter, shittier Rajon Rondo has gotten so much hype tbh.

DPG21920
07-17-2014, 07:32 PM
They have room? They just signed Ish Smith to a 1 year deal. Seems rockets know they arent gonna get anyone good so they are just signing bottom feeders to fill their holes

HOU still has about 11M in cap space (realistically).

Thread
07-17-2014, 07:47 PM
Not quite the same; 5M and 32M aren't really in the same ball park. Joe had proven himself a bit more, and didn't have the injury history... but you also have to remember the timing on it. The first, smaller deal that was offered was right after they blew their wad on Nash and Q. It was unknown if Johnson, who had been very inconsistant and meek when backing up Penny, would be able to maintain that level of play... if they had faith in Joe, they wouldn't have signed Q. By the time the team bucked all expectations, the deal that he originally wanted was no longer even an option for the team, and he forced his way to Atlanta, wanting to be a big fish rather then a team player, and derailed the title train before it had barely gotten started. I believe there was some friction between he and Amare; I remember thinking that there were opportunities to get the ball to Stoudemire that Joe passed up on. He made it clear that he did not want to be the 4th star, even though Steve was orchestrating and Marion was cleanup, and it would have been Amare and Joe reaping all the benefits.

Don't cloud the issue with meaningless details.

phoenix219
07-17-2014, 09:28 PM
Don't cloud the issue with meaningless details.

:D You'd love to see us "learn" from the mistake and attach a crippling max contract to an injury prone, over hyped, half broken guard, wouldn't ya.....

Malik Hairston
07-17-2014, 09:36 PM
:lol how are guards that can't shoot still getting hype in 2014, tbh?..

Spurs da champs
07-17-2014, 09:39 PM
Wouldn't have to be, if they just signed Dragic instead of Lin.

spurraider21
07-17-2014, 09:44 PM
Bledsoe is terrific, but he's not a max guy. What Phoenix offered is about right

tmtcsc
07-17-2014, 09:46 PM
SMH at the over-inflated sense of worth. He doesn't have the resume to warrant 12Mill, much less 16 per. Spurs fans are very, very fortunate to have a bunch of selfless players who put winning ahead of ridiculous salary demands.

WTH would Phoenix get rid of Dragic? The guy is starting to blossom. Bledsoe needs to be shipped out/traded.

Xylus
07-17-2014, 11:47 PM
Bledsoe has very little leverage here. He isn't an unrestricted free agent. No other team is offering him max money. He could take the qualifying offer (approx. 3.5mil) and go into unrestricted free agency next year, but he immediately loses out on $9-10 million in year 1. If he does that, he runs the risk of injuring himself again and losing out on a shit ton of money.

It's also not worth it for the Suns to "give up" on Bledsoe. He's a great talent, a rising star, and he pairs extremely well in the backcourt with Dragic. Suns need to hold their ground, maybe concede a few million bucks, and Bledsoe will be forced to accept a lower offer. Just because he's asking for a lot of money doesn't mean you just trade his ass right away. Athletes want as much money as they can get guaranteed, as do their agents. This is no surprise.

Xylus
07-17-2014, 11:47 PM
Bledsoe is a loser tbh. Not sure why a shorter, shittier Rajon Rondo has gotten so much hype tbh.

This post is idiotic. What a shit take.

8FOR!3
07-18-2014, 12:35 AM
Yeah Eric Bledsoe and Rajon Rondo aren't similar at all. Two completely different types of players. But Bledsoe's not worth the max. I'd rather him walk than pay him the max if I'm a Suns fan. Big contract? Yeah, but not the max.

100%duncan
07-18-2014, 01:41 AM
Bledsoe. :lol

Keep Dragic instead.

TDMVPDPOY
07-18-2014, 01:52 AM
a scrub wanting 80/5yr? this clown hasnt proven shit, let alone made any AS team or won any individual awards

smaka
07-18-2014, 07:08 AM
Dragic is way better and gets paid half less per year than this scrub wants :lol

Koolaid_Man
07-18-2014, 07:23 AM
12 million while Dirk and Duncan work for less? Old or not that is bullshit. what a dumbass job of negotiations by the players no wonder Lebron and Wade wanted Fisher and company fired.

either you're drunk or trolling with this take...if serious it doesn't make sense 1 Iota. :lol

Koolaid_Man
07-18-2014, 07:25 AM
a scrub wanting 80/5yr? this clown hasnt proven shit, let alone made any AS team or won any individual awards

Maybe the Suns will take back Steven Nash for sentimental reasons and get rid of the Cancer Beldsoe to the Lakers on a 3 yr deal...like Lance did with the Bobcats....that's a win win for both sides. would be a ton of risk for the Lakers since Bledsoe is still just all potential

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-18-2014, 08:04 AM
What the Suns should do is give him a 3 year 36-40mil a year deal with a 3rd year player option. This will give them two years to trade Bledsoe if they see that he won't be staying around long term. And cap should go up to possibly 70mil by 2016, which will allow Bledsoe to seek a bigger deal by then.

Suns can unload him for a high draft pick in next year's draft. He is not worth the Max. Max players are those players that actually can lead a team to playoff year in and year out. That can hardly be said about over half of the players getting these deals. That is why the Spurs don't overspend or even try to recruit these types of money hungry players.

GP
GS
MIN
FGM-A
FG%
3PM-A
3P%
FTM-A
FT%
OR
DR
REB
AST
BLK
STL
PF
TO
PTS

13-'14

PHX (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/phx/phoenix-suns)

6.2-12.9
1.2-3.3
4.3-5.5

Kamnik
07-18-2014, 10:08 AM
Wanting a max is unrealistic and quite frankly idiotic from him..... 4 years, 40 mil for his first big contract is more than fair with all the injuries he had.

Another thing - anyone who watched the Suns whole year could see from his body language that winning the game was not as important to him than to showcase himself and put up good stats. It was quite obvious.

Do you want a guy like that on a team where all the other really care about winning? Bad apple and all...
With Isiah Thomas on the team now I would S&T him for a good SG or PF.

Kamnik
07-18-2014, 10:12 AM
Too bad Wolves have something like 5 point guards on their roster...
Love would be awesome to have.

Kamnik
07-18-2014, 10:13 AM
That is why the Spurs don't overspend or even try to recruit these types of money hungry players.

BINGO!

DPG21920
07-18-2014, 04:17 PM

spurraider21
07-18-2014, 04:19 PM
i doubt its true, but :rollin

i'm a bigger Bledsoe fan than most on this site, but he's not worth 2 firsts considering he's coming with a presumably large contract. not to mention they literally could have signed Bledsoe to an offer sheet instead of signing Jordan Hill and Nick Young. if they gave an offer higher than Phoenix liked, they would have ended up with Bledsoe, Randle, and would still have that 1st from Houston, which would actually be a decent offseason tbh

Thread
07-18-2014, 04:24 PM

Nothing more than bitterness by a Laker hater.

Lettin' Artest put that back. tee, hee.

Splits
07-18-2014, 04:33 PM

I heard Chazz was spotted at Gypsybar a few nights ago...

~O~
07-18-2014, 04:36 PM
This "win right now" mentality is going to fuck the Lakers over big time. It'll take a couple years till they get it

phoenix219
07-18-2014, 07:56 PM
Maybe the Suns will take back Steven Nash for sentimental reasons and get rid of the Cancer Beldsoe to the Lakers on a 3 yr deal...like Lance did with the Bobcats....that's a win win for both sides. would be a ton of risk for the Lakers since Bledsoe is still just all potential

First time in the history of life that I'm completely agreeing with Koolaid Man! Send the man home!

spurraider21
07-18-2014, 09:30 PM
First time in the history of life that I'm completely agreeing with Koolaid Man! Send the man home!
You can get way more than 40 year old Nash for Bledsoe tbh

Kamnik
07-19-2014, 05:58 AM
Is there a decent avaliable SG or PF in the league for S&T? (no, Monroe doesn't count)

phoenix219
07-19-2014, 06:19 AM
You can get way more than 40 year old Nash for Bledsoe tbh

He would come home to a hero's welcome for retirement, our training staff; spot minutes off the bench. We would get the money off the books, be rid of the Bledsoe mess, and get 2 first round draft picks (randle and a future one) ... I kind of like the way that sounds. :D

Thread
07-19-2014, 09:08 AM
He would come home to a hero's welcome for retirement, our training staff; spot minutes off the bench. We would get the money off the books, be rid of the Bledsoe mess, and get 2 first round draft picks (randle and a future one) ... I kind of like the way that sounds. :D

No, "you've" done too much talking out of school about him. Sure, it didn't surface on the wire services, but, he's heard it.

You just settle in with Bledsoe. Chop/chop.

cd021
07-19-2014, 03:58 PM
Just looked it up, and it seems like Houston can only offer about $12.1 million, so maybe that's it.

According to http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/HOU.html they have $52.9 million in cap that would be $10.4.

spurraider21
07-19-2014, 04:18 PM
I don think the picks were in Kool's scenario though :)

Kamnik
07-20-2014, 06:13 AM
Do you think it is possible to get him for 3mil Qualifying Offer for the next year?
That would be awsome for Phoenix...
Would he be unrestricted FA in that case?

Thread
07-20-2014, 06:31 AM
Do you think it is possible to get him for 3mil Qualifying Offer for the next year?
That would be awsome for Phoenix...
Would he be unrestricted FA in that case?

& you think that pipe niqqer would just whistle while he worked? ha.

He wants outPERIOD

Findog
07-20-2014, 10:11 AM
HOU still has about 11M in cap space (realistically).

They should trade even more of their rotation players in order to free up even more cap space for the theoretical possibility of signing players using that cap space.

Michael Jordan.
07-20-2014, 10:13 AM
They should trade even more of their rotation players in order to free up even more cap space for the theoretical possibility of signing players using that cap space.
They are discussing trading for Dragic, but are pestering Phoenix about Bledsoe.

Thread
07-20-2014, 10:41 AM
They are discussing trading for Dragic, but are pestering Phoenix about Bledsoe.

Yep, it's (the Dragic faint) a ruse. They want Bledsoe. There is suspicions that Dragic can't cut the mustard outside the deserts.

But, I want everyone to keep their ass scratchers offin' Blood. I want him right fuckin' here, black, militant, incensed, a monkey in the wrench, a pain in the ass.

Michael Jordan.
07-20-2014, 12:08 PM
Yep, it's (the Dragic faint) a ruse. They want Bledsoe. There is suspicions that Dragic can't cut the mustard outside the deserts.

But, I want everyone to keep their ass scratchers offin' Blood. I want him right fuckin' here, black, militant, incensed, a monkey in the wrench, a pain in the ass.

How are they going to pay him AND Dragic though?

Thread
07-20-2014, 12:13 PM
How are they going to pay him AND Dragic though?

On the cheap,,,local Media is plowing the road, setting the mark, the price in hopes that they'll be able to pull Dragic's shorts down. Bledsoe won't go for it and they know. They're trying to get a great bounty for him, then afterward they'll dispense all sorts of unsavory shit about him thru back channels.

POPownsJackson
07-20-2014, 04:22 PM
why do you guys respond to Thread?

Thread
07-20-2014, 04:39 PM
why do you guys respond to Thread?

Go back and fuck your mother some more.

Buddy Mignon
07-20-2014, 05:04 PM

:rollin

Buddy Mignon
07-20-2014, 05:08 PM
No fucking way I give up all that for Bledsoe.

djohn2oo8
07-20-2014, 05:11 PM
No fucking way I give up all that for Bledsoe.
Give up all what? Lakers don't have shit to give.

Buddy Mignon
07-20-2014, 05:15 PM
Give up all what? Lakers don't have shit to give.

We have your gook PG and your 1st rounder which will be a lottery. Smile... kiddo.

djohn2oo8
07-20-2014, 05:26 PM
We have your gook PG and your 1st rounder which will be a lottery. Smile... kiddo.

If Kobe was on the team, sure. And Phoenix would laugh in your face at suggesting Lin.