PDA

View Full Version : A player i would love to see with the spurs: Nocioni

marcus
08-20-2005, 01:44 PM
About Rasho the main reason why i think he should be traded is not because of his contract but because he will limit Oberto's chances to play.
However, i found him as a very good player so if he stays he can always contribute.
On the other hand we find Mohammed, a player who came in the last off-season and next season will be a free agent.
For sure if we keep him until the off-season we won't pay him as much as he will demand and it will be hard to find a good sign and trade for us as we will need to make salaries work.
So taking this into account, maybe Mohammed should be traded.

Currently the Spurs are in need of a SF and Chicago is looking for a great front court player and to free up cap space.

As the Bulls are under the cap a trade of Mohammed for Nocioni would work and we might also be able to persuade them of sending a 2nd round pick with Nocioni.

If Chicago do that trade they would win either way if they re-sign Mohammed or not as they will be able to look any option in the market with the huge cap space they will have.

And for us, well, we would cover the SF position, we would get Nocioni with 2 years remaining in his contract with 2,7 millons for this year and he could contribute great time.

Lets not forget that if we get him we would have probably the best 3 players of the Argentinian national team and the team chemistry would go up to the clouds.

If we do that trade we will need some front court player to get some minutes.
In that case i was thinking that we solve that in a sign and trade for Devin Brown.

I believe spurs wont pay much for him but that teams like Utah will.

Utah has some interesting frontcourt players in their rosters like Collins who is expiring and Humphries and they might be willing to offer Brown 3 millons in the first year.

If the deal is Brown for Collins and Humphries then we would cover all our frontcourt needs and if they ask for more we could add a 2nd round pick, maybe coming from Chicago.

I know Humphries has a lot of potential but so did Snyder and they traded him just to get rid of some cap so they might accept.

-----------------------------------------------------------
If we could do those 2 trades then we would still have the 2 trade exceptions, a better and younger team and most of the position problems solved.

smeagol
08-20-2005, 01:59 PM
marcus, you must be Argie.

marcus
08-20-2005, 02:02 PM
argie?

marcus
08-20-2005, 02:18 PM
Actually the Spurs should be able to get more for Nazr besides Nocioni but i think that a move like that would help.
I know Mohammed was a good contributor in the playoffs but Oberto will also be a very good player as well. And Nocioni can also contribute to the system as he has a defense and a intensity that can adjust to the Spurs kind of game.

Maybe Nocioni, Pargo (restricted through sign and trade) and a next year 1st pick could work for Mohammed.

Kori Ellis
08-20-2005, 02:22 PM
argie?

He's asking if you are from Argentina.

marcus
08-20-2005, 02:26 PM
I am but still that trade would help.

One of the reasons why the Spurs play so well is because they have great defensive and offensive schemes which are based on, in big part, the Argentinian system.

Solid D
08-20-2005, 03:26 PM
I am but still that trade would help.

One of the reasons why the Spurs play so well is because they have great defensive and offensive schemes which are based on, in big part, the Argentinian system.

I think that trade scenario, marcus, would fail league requirements.

The idea of going after Nocioni is intriguing, though, if Skiles would part with him. He's a physical, splinters and sweat guy, which fits Scott's style.

I wouldn't say the Spurs' offensive schemes are based in large part on the Argentinian system. Yes they do run some Flex like the NT in Argentina did under Magnano but certainly not the majority of the time. Perhaps you mean their passing and movement resembles the Argentine NT style, which it does. I don't know their playbook, so I can only go by what is observed, but the Spurs run 4 -Out, 1-In Motion...3-Out, 2-In Motion, & they've even run a version of the triple-post (Triangle). Supposedly, the Spurs have the most complex playbook in the NBA.

I think the higher percentage of plays in the Spurs offense are based on spread and iso with high and side screen-rolls. That's what they rely on in crunch-time...letting the playmakers make the plays.

Superginobili!!!
08-20-2005, 04:13 PM
i really doubt the bulls would part with Nocioni, not to mention if the bulls resign both their bigs there would be no interest in nazr, btw i remember reading an article once that the spurs were thinking about drafting nocioni but there was confusion after his age and one of the spurs' scout recieved false information and thus is no longer with the team, come on guys the spurs can't have all the arg. to themselves

Tek_XX
08-20-2005, 04:30 PM
Nocioni seems like a decent average NBA player, nothing to wet our shorts over. We have the best argentine without a doubt.

gospursgojas
08-20-2005, 04:56 PM
Shouldn't Marcus get a flag???

spurster
08-20-2005, 07:04 PM
Nocioni would be a great future Bruce Bowen replacement. I really doubt the Bulls would part with him though. He was one of the bright spots in the Bulls 1st round loss.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-20-2005, 07:08 PM
Shouldn't Marcus get a flag???
why?? if he hasn't asked for one, then he doesn't have to have one. Its not like you NEED to know he is Argentinian. That is none of your business. If he choses to have one then he'll ask for it.

xcoriate
08-20-2005, 09:33 PM
Yeah but if we know your from Argentina we can understand the blind homerism. Thats why its great you have a flag MaNuMaNiA

MaNuMaNiAc
08-20-2005, 09:47 PM
Yeah but if we know your from Argentina we can understand the blind homerism. Thats why its great you have a flag MaNuMaNiA are you serious??? I don't really give a fuck what you think xcoriate! noone has the right to demand someone have a flag so that they can discriminate. If we were to follow that train of thought then we might as well ask you to wear "retard" under your nick so as to understand your mindnumbing stupidity!

smeagol
08-20-2005, 09:50 PM
Yeah but if we know your from Argentina we can understand the blind homerism. Thats why its great you have a flag MaNuMaNiA
Don't put an entire country in the same bag.

boutons
08-20-2005, 09:55 PM
Great! The Argentinian Civil War of 2005, right here in SpursTalk!! :)

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
08-20-2005, 10:16 PM
What the fuck is all the fuzz about? Smoke some and chill...

Oh, and Nocioni would fit for the Spurs system in defence, he is really tough there, he helps a lot in the boards, but his shooting must improve. He has a long 2pt. range, but his three point shooting needs some work.

orhe
08-20-2005, 11:59 PM
argentina vs. the world!
but isnt it amazing the high level of athletes argentina produces...
Men's volleyball men's soccer, tennis basketball!
amazing!

Solid D
08-21-2005, 12:14 AM
Props to Argentina...

but prayers to God for a positive turn-around from Argentina's financial woes.

xcoriate
08-21-2005, 12:26 AM
Oh, come on I was joking.

:lol

Come on now.

You take everything so seriously.

SequSpur
08-21-2005, 12:40 AM
He's asking if you are from Argentina.

ah shit, not another one.

:pctoss

Solid D
08-21-2005, 12:42 AM
It was a bit of an over-reaction by MaNuMaNiA. However, what do you expect from people living in countries that use the metric system and have winter when it's supposed to be summer?

Oops, sorry xcoriate. :smokin

Horry For 3!
08-21-2005, 01:46 AM
It was a bit of an over-reaction by MaNuMaNiA. However, what do you expect from people living in countries that use the metric system and have winter when it's supposed to be summer?

Oops, sorry xcoriate. :smokin

zeleni
08-21-2005, 03:05 AM
1.More people from the same country make chemistry work as long as they get along.
After that this would be anyone's guess.

2.Spurs do not need to fix anything just yet.

3. Nocioni is something Bulls love. So S&T is kinda BS.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-21-2005, 07:19 AM
Oh, come on I was joking.

Come on now.

You take everything so seriously.
well how am I supposed to know when you're joking? lol I'm sorry if I overreacted

smeagol
08-21-2005, 07:57 AM
I'd love to have Nocioni on the Spurs. I would have no reason to watch the Bulls.

ALVAREZ6
08-21-2005, 11:43 AM
I think I'd have a wet dream if Nocioni came to the Spurs.

Manu, Oberto, and Nocioni.