PDA

View Full Version : so I was watching game 5 of the Spurs-Lakers '03

sprrs
08-20-2005, 02:07 PM
It's creepy how the endings of that game and of game 5 of the finals this year were so similar. It gave me chills to see how close Horry's shot was to going in in '03, and how his shot in '05 bounced in exactly the same way but luckily for us went in. The shots came from the same place on the court as did the passes that got them to Horry.

What if the shot had went in in '03? Who knows if the Spurs would have recovered and went on to win the championship. Say the Lakers would have won it all again, would the Lakers have let Horry go? He might not have ended up with the Spurs for the last two years, and I think it's pretty safe to say no Horry no championship this year.

Just some food for thought.

*shudders*

gmanrulz
08-20-2005, 06:26 PM
even had the shot gone in there would be about .4 seconds left for the spurs to get the win.

Leetonidas
08-20-2005, 06:28 PM
even had the shot gone in there would be about .4 seconds left for the spurs to get the win.

And we all know what happens when there's .4 left on the clock in SBC, the ball MUST go in.

BruceBowenFan
08-20-2005, 06:58 PM
lol

Trainwreck2100
08-20-2005, 07:02 PM
And we all know what happens when there's .4 left on the clock in SBC, the ball MUST go in.

Actually there's was about two seconds left. Horry played badly the entire Playoffs that year, he only had 3 three pointers. Prob due to fatigue like Pop exlained at the end of game five, they kept his minutes short, and played him more in the Playoffs

angel_luv
08-20-2005, 07:19 PM
I like to think I helped the team out a little. =) In both situations, the ball did exactly what I prayed it would- i.e. (2003) bounced out and went in (2005).

Major props to God and Rob!

Tek_XX
08-20-2005, 08:52 PM
dude that 03 shot actually convinced my brain for a split second that it had actually gone in the basket, he got robbed.....thank you jesus. But alas karma is a bitch ain't it.

Dre_7
08-21-2005, 12:05 AM
There was like 2 seconds left. Spurs coulda hit a buzzer beater. But hey, it worked out for them.