PDA

View Full Version : Is It A Big Deal To Drive A HotWheels On A Pool Table?

PM5K
08-20-2005, 02:41 PM
So my brother owns a fairly expensive pool table, it's got slate and what not and it's pretty nice.

My son was driving his hotwheels car on the top edge of the table which I believe is wood with some type of coating over it.

Well that was just one of the things that my brother freaked out about. I don't see how a hotwheels car can damage a pool table, at least not anymore than a belt buckle would when you lean over to take a shot or maybe a ring on your hand that might bump it when you are playing.

I mean lots of things get minute scratches on them, like the type that you would get on your sunglasses but not even notice unless you were actually looking for them, also like the type that you get on a cd even when you clean it with a cd cleaning cloth.

Was it really a big deal, especially to those that own pool tables?

CharlieMac
08-20-2005, 02:48 PM
Materialistic.

Horry For 3!
08-20-2005, 02:57 PM
He doesn't want people to fuckin with it? Unless your playing pool.

PM5K
08-20-2005, 03:00 PM
Pretty much yeah. I can understand if he was doing something that would damage it more than normal use might, but I just don't feel that driving the hotwheels was A: A big deal and B: Such a horrible thing for a three year old to do and I'm just wondering what other people think.

Ishta
08-20-2005, 03:17 PM
It doesn't sound like such a big deal to me... I wouldn't worry about someone who has a problem with a three year old being normal.

tw05baller
08-20-2005, 03:18 PM
no

SpursWoman
08-20-2005, 03:19 PM
It's hard for me to see that as a big deal, but then I've had 10 years to get used to kids destroying all my things, so it's all relative. :lol

I hope he didn't scream at your son, though....if so, I'd have popped him one. :)

Ishta
08-20-2005, 03:27 PM
It's hard for me to see that as a big deal, but then I've had 10 years to get used to kids destroying all my things, so it's all relative. :lol

I hope he didn't scream at your son, though....if so, I'd have popped him one. :)
My father in law freaked out on one of my daughters turning the bathtub on.... Talk about retarded...This turned into a 6 month fight..

Kori Ellis
08-20-2005, 03:29 PM
When my sister and I were little, we ripped the felt on our next door neighbor's very nice brand new pool table. :wow

ZStomp
08-20-2005, 03:33 PM
So does that mean no sex on the table??

no GTGs playing pool?

ObiwanGinobili
08-20-2005, 03:46 PM
thast not at all a big deal.
a. it's just a hot wheel
b. it's not gonna damage anything
c. if he had climbed up onto the table and pissedon it then your brother would have somethign to complain about.

but seriously. he needs ot take a chill pill. thats pathetic.

Mr. Ash
08-20-2005, 03:47 PM
I agree with Mr. Baller. "No".

Tell him to take the stick/pool cue out of his ass.

Clandestino
08-20-2005, 09:41 PM
regardless, it is your brother's shit and you should respect his wishes.

Dex
08-20-2005, 10:02 PM
You should blame the Micro Machines video games. In them, the crazy little cars use pool tables as a race course, zip-zooping all over the thing, riding on the edges, going in and out of the pockets!

I bet that's where your son got the idea. Video games are the root of evil, as we all know.

Sue them for instigation, I says! :lol

usckk
08-20-2005, 10:20 PM

I agree.

Clandestino
08-20-2005, 10:54 PM
especially since you know it is a "fairly expensive" pool table.

The sone
08-21-2005, 02:00 AM

even though i think he over reacted you have to respect his shit...but he is a butt for freaking out...a simple correction would have done the job.

MannyIsGod
08-21-2005, 03:14 AM
Well, it depends on what he means by freaking out. I do feel that people should control their children around other peoples things; especially expensive things. I would hate to have someone's kid playing with hotwheels on a guitar of mine even though I get scratches on them all the time.

I hope he wasn't an ass with the way he told your son or you, though. People an be dicks, and thats uncalled for.

So yeah, I think he has a right to not want your son doing that, but he should handle himself in a respectable manner or else fuck him. :)

orhe
08-21-2005, 06:24 AM
lols that stupid... the cloth will get worn out anyways... he can always get a new one

edit... if its the edge........... i can't see any reason to actually fret over this

Jester1525
08-21-2005, 08:55 AM
While any damage your kiddo could do with a toy car would be minute, I have no problem with your brother asking him not to play on the table. If your some knows that the table is off limits from him completely, he won't play with anything on that table, such as a rougher toy or crayons or anything else.

Freaking out? naw, that's excessive, but asking that your son not play on the table is well within his rights and not at all rude or inappropriate

Clandestino
08-21-2005, 09:10 AM
[QUOTE=MannyIsGod]Well, it depends on what he means by freaking out. I do feel that people should control their children around other peoples things; especially expensive things. I would hate to have someone's kid playing with hotwheels on a guitar of mine even though I get scratches on them all the time. [QUOTE]

I fucking hate this shit with a passion! I hear, "the they're just being kid." way too much. I say, "we'll, they can just go be a kid outside." and then i laugh. they get the point. sometimes. some still don't give a fuck.

SequSpur
08-21-2005, 09:58 AM
beat him.