PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: Thread

KoolAid Mans Brother
07-18-2014, 10:25 AM
Culburn,

Let's be realistic here. The Spurs are going to be heavy favorites to win the title again next year. I don't see any roster at this point which can dethrone them. My question to you is what will you become when Duncan gets his 6th ring? When it's Duncan 6, Kobe 5, what will you new schtick be?

Please advise.

Thread
07-18-2014, 10:29 AM
Culburn,

Let's be realistic here. The Spurs are going to be heavy favorites to win the title again next year. I don't see any roster at this point which can dethrone them. My question to you is what will you become when Duncan gets his 6th ring? When it's Duncan 6, Kobe 5, what will you new schtick be?

Please advise.

I have no idea, Kevin. I'm just going to enjoy the intervening months at 5-5 as much as I can and pray that some calamity surfaces that will stop them from 6. Anything is possible.

It's a living nightmare that is for certain.

Clipper Nation
07-18-2014, 10:30 AM
He'll stick with the "Diaw carried Duncan" and "The Bag stays in Texas" schticks, or find another qualifier to put on Duncan's rings :lol

scanry
07-18-2014, 11:42 AM
He'll stick with the "Diaw carried Duncan" and "The Bag stays in Texas" schticks, or find another qualifier to put on Duncan's rings :lol

There isn't a qualifier on earth that favors Kobe right now.

Cry Havoc
07-18-2014, 12:00 PM

Field goal attempts?

Thread
07-18-2014, 12:04 PM

You surfaced after 6. Anything is possible.

mavsfan1000
07-18-2014, 12:13 PM
Spurs are good but getting older. Next year will be interesting.

NASpurs
07-18-2014, 12:17 PM

We need to print some shirts that say "San Antonio Spurs - getting older since 1999"

Thread
07-18-2014, 12:19 PM

Uh, uh, none of that "interesting" crapola, el grande'. You'll ring, or, you'll answer for it just like 28 others.

Thread
07-18-2014, 12:20 PM
We need to print some shirts that say "San Antonio Spurs - getting older since 1999"

Kawhi, hauling that tired old shit bag Duncan to it. ha.

scanry
07-18-2014, 01:37 PM
You surfaced after 6. Anything is possible.

I've been here long before you started parroting your ass.

Thread
07-18-2014, 04:18 PM
I've been here long before you started parroting your ass.

Yeah, you were here when you didn't count rings.

spurraider21
07-18-2014, 04:18 PM
the LOB is a bag?

~O~
07-18-2014, 04:42 PM
With how the rotation is set by Popovich which keeps the players fresh all year, it extends careers...and instills a winning organization. They've got a couple of months off and I doubt they're spent like the rest of the league(not counting tanking teams).

We'll see what happens...to thread and Thread.

The Reckoning
07-18-2014, 05:51 PM

they keep modifying their game to make up for it. we'll continue to see more of an assist-first team.

Thread
07-18-2014, 06:35 PM
they keep modifying their game to make up for it. we'll continue to see more of an assist-first team.

The league talks about emulating you, but, they haven't the fortitude, nor the How to Book. Consequently they'll do the next best thing:::they'll aspire to combat it with everything they can muster.

The Reckoning
07-18-2014, 07:32 PM
The league talks about emulating you, but, they haven't the fortitude, nor the How to Book. Consequently they'll do the next best thing:::they'll aspire to combat it with everything they can muster.

they're too busy playing musical chairs. it won't fly.

http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/2aplic/2014_offseason_trades/

mavsfan1000
07-18-2014, 08:57 PM
You know Thread still has it when there is a thread dedicated to him.

Thread
07-18-2014, 10:14 PM
You know Thread still has it when there is a thread dedicated to him.

Yep, I still have it. But, I'm an institution. I accomplished here what I set out to accomplish at AZ Central. I brought a culture to this burg. I set the line and I kept it I took the injury and the officiating cards tore 'em little pieces and flushed 'em down the commode. I started the rings count. I established The Bag and awarded it's charter. I founded The Barrel.

And I brought a heart into the proceedings here. That is my finest accomplishment. We value one another. Hate, love, loathing, respect, jealousy, envy, we feel and that is how we differ from the other Forums and Boards. We are a family, and families hate and love and loath, are envious and propagate feuds and foment jealousy. We're no different than any other family. We have a matriarch & a patriarch and deep down we respect their sacrifice, for us, their "children."

Splits
07-18-2014, 10:15 PM
Yep, I still have it. But, I'm an institution. I accomplished here what I set out to accomplish at AZ Central. I brought a culture to this burg. I set the line and I kept it I took the injury and the officiating cards tore 'em little pieces and flushed 'em down the commode. I started the rings count. I established The Bag and awarded it's charter. I founded The Barrel.

And I brought a heart into the proceedings here. That is my finest accomplishment. We value one another. Hate, love, loathing, respect, jealousy, envy, we feel and that is how we differ from the other Forums and Boards. We are a family, and families hate and love and loath, are envious and propagate feuds and foment jealousy. We're no different than any other family. We have a matriarch & a patriarch and deep down we respect their sacrifice, for us, their "children."

Charter member: Kirby

http://i1.minus.com/jbgnCNhbbFxmBg.png

scanry
07-18-2014, 11:56 PM

Didn't they shut down due to your outbreak. This was what in 2008?

DMC
07-19-2014, 12:52 AM
Kawhi, hauling that tired old shit bag Duncan to it. ha.

Qualifying becomes you

Spurs 4 The Win
07-19-2014, 01:13 AM
With all the records Tim has broken of Kareem's, and he is pretty much #1 in every meaningful playoff stat and has 5 rings, 2 MVPs, and 3 Finals MVPs (never missing the playoffs and having 50 win seasons every year he has been on the team), the Kobe vs Duncan debate is in the books. It is really just Kobe vs Shaq for the #2 spot of the generation. Duncan has that #1 spot locked up.

Splits
07-19-2014, 01:23 AM
the Kobe vs Duncan debate is in the books. It is really just Kobe vs Shaq for the #2 spot of the generation. Duncan has that #1 spot locked up.

4TW Pour it ON, like maple syrup. MOAR

Thread
07-19-2014, 04:23 AM

And due to the 3 peat. I beat 'em like a dog with it.

dg7md
07-19-2014, 07:05 AM
:lmao at people still using the "old" excuse when we have a young superstar and the best bench in the NBA with the best minutes-manager in the NBA. People have said our window closed all the way back in 2012. There is no reason to suggest it's closed unless we are really struggling throughout the year.

The only teams that could challenge us will be the Thunder and Rockets. No disrespect to the Mavs but they caught us at a bad time and woke us up. Unless the Thunder or Rockets get a huge free agent then I think we'd have to be favorites to repeat.

Clipper Nation
07-19-2014, 07:12 AM
:lmao at people still using the "old" excuse when we have a young superstar and the best bench in the NBA with the best minutes-manager in the NBA. People have said our window closed all the way back in 2012. There is no reason to suggest it's closed unless we are really struggling throughout the year.

The only teams that could challenge us will be the Thunder and Rockets. No disrespect to the Mavs but they caught us at a bad time and woke us up. Unless the Thunder or Rockets get a huge free agent then I think we'd have to be favorites to repeat.
:lol at MethKC or Houston "challenging" the Spurs, especially Houston....

If we got a legit starting wing, I could maybe see us putting up a fight against the Spurs, but with Dudley and Barnes, it'll be the same old shit....

phoenix219
07-19-2014, 07:15 AM

That was nothing. another decade or so prior, give or take a few years, he brought them to their knees, slaughtering in cold blood.

It is the sole reason we built our fortress, created our home base. We were forged in those fires. Its unfortunate not everyone can give credit where credit is due. Most of us like a nice orderly home. I appreciate the chaos. I'm always lurking. :toast

dg7md
07-19-2014, 07:17 AM
:lol at MethKC or Houston "challenging" the Spurs, especially Houston....

If we got a legit starting wing, I could maybe see us putting up a fight against the Spurs, but with Dudley and Barnes, it'll be the same old shit....

I actually forgot about the Clips. They're a very good rising team that could challenge us if they hit their stride at the right time.

Also, Houston and OKC match up well to us and we've had issues with them before. Maybe they're past it and it was a mental block, but I definitely get a little concerned in a series against both of those teams.

Clipper Nation
07-19-2014, 07:23 AM
I actually forgot about the Clips. They're a very good rising team that could challenge us if they hit their stride at the right time.

Also, Houston and OKC match up well to us and we've had issues with them before. Maybe they're past it and it was a mental block, but I definitely get a little concerned in a series against both of those teams.
Until the Thunderefs and Rockets stop relying so heavily on two players and learn to move the ball, the Spurs have nothing to worry about - isoball isn't going to beat these Spurs.... the only reason I give the Clippers more of a chance is because Doc actually runs an offense and our team is capable of great ball movement, especially with Hawes on the team now, but we still need a wing defender to bother Kawhi and switch onto Enrique when necessary....

Thread
07-19-2014, 09:12 AM
I think we'd have to be favorites to repeat.

Only because of Pop's vanity & Amy's menstrual cycle are you not rounding the bag at second heading for a stand up triple, even a probable salami, grand style.