PDA

View Full Version : Raptors: No respect

Daniel Sedin
07-18-2014, 02:21 PM
Toronto is picked to be 9th in the East this year according to Las Vegas, and other teams are being placed ahead of them as legitimate contenders (like the Wizards :lol). They haven't really lost any pieces and were third in the East last year. As far as I'm concerned, the East looks like this.

Cleveland/Chicago
Chicago/Cleveland
Indy
Toronto

And that's really debatable, as I have my doubts with Stuckey fitting in the Pacers system.. they really should try to pick up Bledsoe.

lefty
07-18-2014, 02:22 PM
to be fair the Wiz are improving

Chris
07-18-2014, 02:24 PM
I think the Heat make the playoffs anywhere from the 4th to the 8th

Henrik Sedin
07-18-2014, 02:26 PM
I think the Heat make the playoffs anywhere from the 4th to the 8th

Agreed. But I do think Toronto is a top five team. They lost to an extremely experienced team last year in Brooklyn.

Malik Hairston
07-18-2014, 02:39 PM
I'm one of the 3 biggest Raptors supporters on ST, but as I said prior to last year's playoffs, they're pretty overrated and their 1st round loss was very predictable, tbh..

They have limited upside, mediocre coach, and they didn't add any pieces to last year's team..there's really no reason to believe they will be much better..

Raptors and Wizards are probably the most overrated teams in the East, tbh..

Killakobe81
07-18-2014, 02:42 PM
I'm one of the 3 biggest Raptors supporters on ST, but as I said prior to last year's playoffs, they're pretty overrated and their 1st round loss was very predictable, tbh..

They have limited upside, mediocre coach, and they didn't add any pieces to last year's team..there's really no reason to believe they will be much better..

How many teams do you support? Team Lebron, spurs and Raptors? Was it Baseline that said you cant support two teams in one sport? you got three ...

Daniel Sedin
07-18-2014, 02:42 PM

Nah, that goes to Indy.

Malik Hairston
07-18-2014, 02:48 PM
I'm not a Raptors fan, but I live in TO and like to see them do well..I dislike most of the players and coaches that they have had during the past 10 years, though..

And I don't support LeCoon, fuck that pussy..

spurraider21
07-18-2014, 04:24 PM
How many teams do you support? Team Lebron, spurs and Raptors? Was it Baseline that said you cant support two teams in one sport? you got three ...
problem would be solved if lebron joined the spurs/raptors :lol

~O~
07-18-2014, 04:35 PM
The Toronto Raptors as an organization have a hard time maintaining relevance and success. They're the team that makes a sudden plunge one season and gets to the playoffs only to disappoint and fall off the faster than they went up the tower and it was never even halfway...

Using common knowledge without facts to back it up, you could say that they'll plunge back into mediocrity. They've been steadily improving however on record year by year. They had the best record they've ever had in their existence this year. The question is about improvement in coaching and experience on and off the ball.

All stats are frozen now so we'll have to wait for the regular season.

baseline bum
07-18-2014, 06:37 PM
How much respect should they get after losing to the Nets?

Salty
07-18-2014, 08:45 PM
How much respect should they get after losing to the Nets?

Better than 9th in the East tbh. Raptors are definitely overrated but anyone who thinks there's 8 better teams in the East is kidding themselves.

Roger Freemason Jr.
07-18-2014, 10:30 PM
Indy will finish first, followed by the Bulls, Cleveland, Wizards, and then Toronto. The Hawks might get that 5th seed though, since they'll have Brazilian Dream back.

horsielove
07-19-2014, 02:18 AM
*Wizards are probably the most overrated teams in the East, tbh..

No take this back. Their frontcourt and backcourt is pretty solid.

Spurs 4 The Win
07-19-2014, 02:44 AM
Winning the East is like kissing your sister, its disgusting and when you win it doesnt really mean much

Franklin
07-19-2014, 08:54 AM
I'm not a Raptors fan, but I live in TO and like to see them do well..I dislike most of the players and coaches that they have had during the past 10 years, though..

And I don't support LeCoon, fuck that pussy..
What you said sounds just as genuine as if I said I hated Scarlett Johansson, tbh.