PDA

View Full Version : What Real Gun Safety Looks Like

TheSanityAnnex
07-18-2014, 04:32 PM
http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s679/thefuzzylumpkins/RealGunSafety_zpsbf7d8b71.png (http://s1311.photobucket.com/user/thefuzzylumpkins/media/RealGunSafety_zpsbf7d8b71.png.html)

boutons_deux
07-18-2014, 04:42 PM
http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s679/thefuzzylumpkins/RealGunSafety_zpsbf7d8b71.png (http://s1311.photobucket.com/user/thefuzzylumpkins/media/RealGunSafety_zpsbf7d8b71.png.html)

total joke! :lol

NRA/gun industry propaganda

no b/g checks, private sellers, gun shows, straw buyers, etc, etc, etc

100M with locks? are they locked? 300M+ guns in USA :lol

TheSanityAnnex
07-18-2014, 04:50 PM
total joke! :lol

NRA/gun industry propaganda

100M with locks? are they locked? 300M+ guns in USA :lol

Speaking of propaganda...more lies from Everytown for gun safety

http://www.nssfblog.com/for-gun-control-advocates-exaggeration-is-standard-practice/

Recently, we wrote a letter to the editor of USA Today to correct inaccuracies in an article (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/06/25/death-child-unintentional-shooting/11324717/) about a new Everytown for Gun Safety “study”. In that study, the team at the Bloomberg-funded Everytown was following in the footsteps of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence in willfully misconstruing key facts.
At a June Brady Campaign Washington state rally, complete with props for television coverage intended to tug at heartstrings, the organization asserted that nine children die every day across the U.S. from gunshot wounds. While we agree that any accidental death is a genuine tragedy, the figure seemed high – and not just to us. And so our tale begins.
When asked about the number, the Brady Campaign said it was sourced from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) database, 2007-2011, at the same time revising the number downward by one.
It turns out, however, that an even more telling attempt to mislead was in play.

As Politifact reported (http://www.politifact.com/oregon/statements/2014/jun/27/brady-campaign-prevent-gun-violence/do-average-nine-children-day-die-united-states-gun/), what the Brady Campaign neglected to mention is that the CDC’s data includes “children” aged 0-19. Important, but unnoted by the campaign, over half the accidental deaths were among 18 and 19 year olds. Additionally, approximately half the cases of unintentional injuries were also from 18 and 19 year olds. Politifact found that if this age group is removed from the calculation, the number of accidental deaths drops by 50 percent to 4 and the number of intentional injuries decreases to 5.
This discrepancy is significant. After all, those who are 18 can vote and join the military, which is hardly the province of “children” as most people define the term.
However, if one had attended the Brady Campaign rally, one would have no idea that the bulk of the data it was touting relied on including “children” who are legally young adults. And this is beside the fact that the CDC acknowledges its own data is inconsistent because the sample sizes are so small.

This misrepresentation is not a new development. The Clinton Administration made a habit of skewing the figures in the 1990s when it was campaigning to pass the Brady law, which mandated background checks and waiting periods for gun buyers. Celebrating the six-year anniversary of the law’s passage in 1999, President Clinton said (http://www.nytimes.com/1999/12/01/us/clinton-calls-brady-law-a-success-and-backs-more-limits.html) ”over 32,000 Americans still lose their lives in gunfire every year, including 12 children every day,” a number unsupported by the CDC’s database (http://www.cdc.gov/injury/wisqars/dataandstats.html) http://www.nssf.org/images/external_link_icon.png
The Brady Campaign’s recent rally is but one of the latest examples of an anti-gun organization misinterpreting the truth and misleading the public to advance its agenda. It marked the third time in a month that a gun control group has been caught (http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/380108/lying-about-school-shootings-charles-c-w-cooke) doing this. The NSSF and the industry we represent are accustomed to witnessing such misleading exaggeration. It’s standard practice.

TheSanityAnnex
07-18-2014, 04:57 PM
Project ChildSafe (http://projectchildsafe.org/) in partnership with NSSF, announces the second annual S.A.F.E Summer campaign, a part of Project ChildSafe’s ongoing program to emphasize the importance of responsible firearm storage — particularly while children are home from school and more likely to be unattended.

Each month, Project ChildSafe will recognize and spotlight local leaders nationwide who are promoting safety and making a difference in their community as the program turns its national message into local action. The firearm industry is promoting safe and responsible ownership through its network — reinforcing Project ChildSafe’s overarching message, “Own it? Respect It. Secure it,” — so that programs such as S.A.F.E. Summer serve as a reminder that proper firearm storage is the #1 way to prevent firearm accidents, theft and misuse.
Our mission is to make the mantra “Own it? Respect it. Secure it.” second nature when talking about firearm safety. The S.A.F.E Summer initiative aims to emphasize the importance of safe and responsible storage in communities across the country.
“S.A.F.E.” serves as an acronym for Store your firearms responsibly when not in use; Be Aware of those around you who should not have unauthorized access to guns; Focus on your responsibility as a firearm owner and Educate yourself and others about safe firearm handling and storage. The effort is focused on providing education and tools that helps gun owners take responsible action to keep their families and communities safer.
NSSF launched Project ChildSafe in 1999 (prior to 2003 the program was called Project HomeSafe) as a nationwide initiative to promote firearms responsibility and provide safety education to all gun owners. Through partnerships with more than 15,000 law enforcement agencies, the program has provided more than 36 million free firearm safety kits to gun owners in all 50 states and five U.S. territories. That’s in addition to the more than 70 million free locking devices manufacturers have included with new firearms sold since 1998 and continue to do today.
Project ChildSafe was originally supported by federal grants provided by the U.S. Department of Justice. Since 2008, when this funding was cut, the firearms manufacturing industry has solely funded the Project ChildSafe program through the members of NSSF.

boutons_deux
07-18-2014, 04:58 PM
"Project ChildSafe (http://projectchildsafe.org/)"

a HUGE success. kids don't kill kids, guns do! :lol

TheSanityAnnex
07-18-2014, 07:28 PM
"Project ChildSafe (http://projectchildsafe.org/)"

a HUGE success. kids don't kill kids, guns do! :lol
I'd say less than 1.5% of accidental fatalities of children under 14 by firearm is pretty good actually. Considering there 100's of millions firearms in circulation. When are going to start railing against bathtubs? You know, for the children of course.

Wild Cobra
07-18-2014, 07:35 PM
I'd say less than 1.5% of accidental fatalities of children under 14 by firearm is pretty good actually. Considering there 100's of millions firearms in circulation. When are going to start railing against bathtubs? You know, for the children of course.
With all the accidental deaths by guns, and libtards wanting to outlaw them, I wonder when they will start wanting to outlaw cars? Aren't there far more accidental deaths by car, than by guns?

TheSanityAnnex
07-18-2014, 07:41 PM
With all the accidental deaths by guns, and libtards wanting to outlaw them, I wonder when they will start wanting to outlaw cars? Aren't there far more accidental deaths by car, than by guns?
That's a terrible argument. Please delete from my thread.

cantthinkofanything
07-18-2014, 08:33 PM
That's a terrible argument. Please delete from my thread.

LMAO. Yeah...get back in the car faggot. Even I'm not going to intrude on this ass whippin'.

pgardn
07-18-2014, 08:56 PM
I trust the safe gun owner much more than I trust sleepy, old, young, drunk drivers.

Yet we are fine with very limited checks on drivers. Drivers with massive amounts of momentum at their "control".
I don't like guns in my house. But if most gun owners are like Sanity, I'm much more comfortable.

Again, we take the most deadly vehicle accidents and treat them as ok because we as a nation have decided transportation trumps the loss of life. This is very curious. And yes, I almost got hit by an 18 wheeler today. I implore folks to be way ahead or behind these idiots now driving killer momentum. It's a serious problem. Pull these idiots over for sobriety tests often. I will wait in that line.

TheSanityAnnex
07-18-2014, 08:57 PM

Bend over boutons, time for another bitch slap.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation®, NSSF®, the trade association for the firearms and ammunition industry, represents federally licensed firearms manufacturers, distributors and retail dealers. Proponents of gun control have perpetuated the myth that there is a “gun show loophole” in current law.
Licensed retailers must follow the same regulations and procedures, including conducting criminal background checks, when conducting business at gun shows just as they would if at their store or other place of business.

Claim: There is a gun show “loophole.”

Fact: There is no gun show loophole.
Most of the vendors at gun shows — up to 75 percent — are licensed dealers.i If you are a licensed firearms dealer, you are allowed to sell at gun shows in your own state. However, all the same rules apply. You must run a federal background check on any individual you sell a firearm to through the FBI’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). The same paperwork, recordkeeping, age restrictions, and other rules also apply, as if the sale occurred in the dealer’s place of business.
Further, only a small percentage of tables at gun shows, about 20 to 25 percent, actually sell firearms. The others sell books, accessories or other items.

Claim: The law allows unlicensed dealers to sell guns at gun shows.

Fact: Unlicensed dealers are criminals.
It is true that a background check and other regulations do not apply if you are an individual that wishes to occasionally sell a firearm from your personal collection in a private transaction. This bright line is clearly delineated in current law. If an individual is “engaged in the business” of selling firearms, they must be licensed. This is defined as, “a person who devotes time, attention and labor to dealing in firearms as a regular course of trade or business with the principal objective of livelihood and profit through the repetitive purchase and resale of firearms.”ii Under existing law, unlicensed dealers that fit this description and sell firearms at gun shows (or anywhere else) are breaking the law.

In practice, federal law is just the floor of restrictions on gun shows. Many gun show promoters require that all vendors leasing space at a show, including private parties, must agree to run background checks, regardless of whether they hold federal licenses or not. The vast majority of guns sold at gun shows go through federal background checks.
Further, in several states there is another layer of regulation as some states require background checks as part of all private firearms transactions. Background checks for private firearm sales are required in seventeen states.

Claim: Criminals get their guns at gun shows.

Fact: According to a November 2001 study by the U.S. Department of Justice of state and prison inmates, less than one percent (0.7) of criminals that possessed a firearm during their current offense acquired their guns from gun shows.iii By contrast, nearly 40 percent reported acquiring their guns illegally, such as by theft.
This is unsurprising when considering that other research suggests that while imposing additional gun show regulations does reduce the number of gun shows in a state, there is no evidence these laws reduce violent crime. In fact, there is some evidence that it is associated with an increase in murder and robbery rates.iv
More recently, a University of Maryland and National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) study in 2008 found that there is “no evidence that gun shows lead to increases in either gun homicides or suicides.” The study also found that “tighter regulation of gun shows does not appear to reduce the number of firearms-related deaths.”v
Gun control advocates often point to a 1999 study by the U.S. Justice and Treasury departments as evidence of widespread purchases of guns at gun shows by felons.vi This study, and other similar research, has been deliberately misused by gun control proponents to imply that criminals get their guns at gun shows. This is misleading, as the study only considers cases of criminal behavior related to gun shows that were already under investigation by the ATF. This is analogous to finding higher rates of food poisoning from restaurants that are being investigated for poor food safety practices, and saying the results are true for all restaurants in the country.
What this study does show is that criminals are illegally selling to criminals. More than half of the investigations reviewed involved individuals engaging in the business without a license – a clear violation of existing law. It also found that felons were buying or selling firearms in more than 46 percent of the investigations, also against the law.vii

Claim: The firearms industry doesn’t support background checks at gun shows.

Fact: While there is nothing you can do inside a gun show that you can’t do outside a gun show, the firearms industry has never opposed instant background checks at these events. The reason why this has not come to pass is that anti-gun legislators do not support an instant check.
They, along with the gun-ban lobby, have tried to incorporate waiting periods for all buyers at gun shows. Such an action is not only unnecessary, as the FBI National Instant Check System would require only seconds to conduct a federal background check, but must be considered a de facto ban of all gun shows, as implementing a five-day waiting period for a two-day gun show is impossible.

i U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Department of the Treasury, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, “Gun Shows: Brady Checks and Crime Gun Traces,” January 1999. p.4 http://www.atf.gov/publications/ download/treas/treas-gun-shows-brady-checks-and- crime-gun-traces.pdf
ii 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(11)(A) iii Caroline Wolf Harlow, Department of Justice, Bureau
of Justice Statistics Special Report, “Firearm Use by Offenders: Survey of Inmates in State and Federal Correctional Facilities,” NCJ 189369, November 2001. http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub/pdf/fuo.pdf
iv John R. Lott, Jr., More Guns Less Crime: Under- standing Crime and Gun Control Laws, Third Edition. Chicago and London: The University of Chicago Press, 2010. pp.329-330
v Mark Duggan, Randi Hjalmarsson, Brian A. Jacob, ”The Effect of Gun Shows on Gun-Related Deaths: Evidence from California and Texas,” September 2008. p. 1 http://closup.umich.edu/research/work- ingpapers/oldpapers/gunshows-sept08-final.pdf
vi U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Department of the Treasury, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, “Gun Shows: Brady Checks and Crime Gun Traces,”
11 Mile Hill Road Newtown, CT 06470-2359 T: 203.426.1320 F: 203.426.1087 nssf.org © 2013 National Shooting Sports Foundation, Inc. All Rights Reserved
January 1999. p.7 http://www.atf.gov/publications/ download/treas/treas-gun-shows-brady-checks-and- crime-gun-traces.pdf
vii U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Department of the Treasury, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, “Gun Shows: Brady Checks and Crime Gun Traces,” January 1999. p.7-8 http://www.atf.gov/publications/ download/treas/treas-gun-shows-brady-checks-and- crime-gun-traces.pdf

boutons_deux
07-19-2014, 08:53 AM
"Most of the vendors at gun shows — up to 75 percent" :lol, and 25% and above? :lol

"anti-gun legislators do not support an instant check." ??? :lol and who FINANCES "anti-gun legislators"

and quoting the DoJ documents as if DoJ (and all of govt) weren't:

prevented from having a computerized gun tracking system,

prevented from EVEN JUST studying gun violence.

(AZ) prevent amnestied/surrendered guns from being destroyed?

so since gun regs are so restrictive and so religiously respected and enforced, how did all the "bad guys" get Ms of guns? :lol

The entire NRA/gun-industry strategy is SELL GUNS AND AMMO without EFFECTIVE limit.

Allow guns for ALL bad guys so the paranoid, suckered good guys will buys multiple guns to defend themselves.

pgardn
07-20-2014, 09:40 AM
Has Sanity ever been to a gunshow where arms and ammunition were being sold outside the show?
If so did he inform anyone?

ChumpDumper
07-20-2014, 11:43 AM
The whole safe/bedside/safe/bedside shtick is weird to me. I just wouldn't want to incorporate paranoia into my daily routine.

Different strokes.

TheSanityAnnex
07-20-2014, 01:02 PM
Has Sanity ever been to a gunshow where arms and ammunition were being sold outside the show?
If so did he inform anyone?
Never seen that outside a gun show but I've only been to a few, not really my crowd. Have you been to one and seen what you are asking?

TheSanityAnnex
07-20-2014, 01:04 PM
The whole safe/bedside/safe/bedside shtick is weird to me. I just wouldn't want to incorporate paranoia into my daily routine.

Different strokes.its called being responsible.

pgardn
07-20-2014, 01:12 PM
Never seen that outside a gun show but I've only been to a few, not really my crowd. Have you been to one and seen what you are asking?

Yep.

But that was a while back. I went with a friend. Asked what we should do, he said leave it.
Strange group, never went back. Way too many survivalist types. Still have no idea how that is
dealt with. My friend has a bunch of guns but he really goes to see the people.

ChumpDumper
07-20-2014, 01:20 PM
its called being responsible.i am not talking about the safety aspect. I am talking about having those thoughts as part of one's daily routine. It could just as easily be called living in fear.

TheSanityAnnex
07-20-2014, 01:31 PM
Yep.

But that was a while back. I went with a friend. Asked what we should do, he said leave it.
Strange group, never went back. Way too many survivalist types. Still have no idea how that is
dealt with. My friend has a bunch of guns but he really goes to see the people.Only show I've been to is in Del Mar, CA. Really nice part of San Diego and its still an "interesting" crowd. I can only imagine the crowd gets more interesting in the Midwest/Southern gun shows.

TheSanityAnnex
07-20-2014, 01:34 PM
i am not talking about the safety aspect. I am talking about having those thoughts as part of one's daily routine. It could just as easily be called living in fear.
I get in my car and put my seatbelt on every day. I do not live in fear of dying in a car accident, do you?

ChumpDumper
07-20-2014, 04:56 PM
I get in my car and put my seatbelt on every day. I do not live in fear of dying in a car accident, do you?That's the law.

And I don't think about shooting someone every day. You have to. You make yourself. I will never live that way.

SnakeBoy
07-20-2014, 05:34 PM
i am not talking about the safety aspect. I am talking about having those thoughts as part of one's daily routine. It could just as easily be called living in fear.

You could say the same about locking your doors, having an alarm system. If someone fastens their seatbelt are they driving in fear?

ChumpDumper
07-20-2014, 05:54 PM
You could say the same about locking your doors, having an alarm system. If someone fastens their seatbelt are they driving in fear?Not to the point of planning on shooting to kill someone, no.

Spurminator
07-20-2014, 07:54 PM
The seat belt comparison is almost as bad as WC's car argument. No one in the history of humankind could ever reasonably make the statement "I feel less safe with a seat belt on me." People don't accidentally kill people with seat belts.

If you feel more protected with a gun, that's fine. Plenty of people don't feel safer with a gun in the home, and that's fine too.

cantthinkofanything
07-20-2014, 08:49 PM
The seat belt comparison is almost as bad as WC's car argument. No one in the history of humankind could ever reasonably make the statement "I feel less safe with a seat belt on me." People don't accidentally kill people with seat belts.

If you feel more protected with a gun, that's fine. Plenty of people don't feel safer with a gun in the home, and that's fine too.

The End.

TheSanityAnnex
07-20-2014, 11:32 PM
That's the law.

And I don't think about shooting someone every day. You have to. You make yourself. I will never live that wayI've been around guns a long time, you obviously haven't. We view them quite differently. You are provably afraid to even touch one for fear of it shooting you on it's own. I don't look at my gun and think about having to kill someone. You're projecting quite a bit.

TheSanityAnnex
07-20-2014, 11:35 PM

Don't think you quite followed Chump and I. But yes, agree with the last part.

ChumpDumper
07-20-2014, 11:40 PM
I've been around guns a long time, you obviously haven't.Sure I have. Used guns a fair amount when I was younger. Received them as gifts. Never felt the need to keep them by my bedside ever.
We view them quite differently. You are provably afraid to even touch one for fear of it shooting you on it's own.Wrong. You and I view the world quite differently. You go to bed every night preparing yourself for an attack. I just go to bed.
I don't look at my gun and think about having to kill someone. You're projecting quite a bit.Nope. That's the only reason you keep moving it in and out of your safe. There is no other possible reason other than readying yourself to kill someone every time you do it.

SnakeBoy
07-21-2014, 12:27 AM
I just go to bed.

Do you lock your doors when you go to bed?

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 12:28 AM
Do you lock your doors when you go to bed?Do you think the analogy will fail less if you try it five times?

SnakeBoy
07-21-2014, 12:34 AM
Do you think the analogy will fail less if you try it five times?

I think you'll never answer for obvious reasons.

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 12:37 AM
I think you'll never answer for obvious reasons.Yes. I lock doors.

My locks aren't designed to kill people.

Guns are.

Therefore your analogy fails.

Five times.

We've been over this.

Oine who takes a gun out of a safe and put it in his nightstand every night is preparing to kill someone every night.

A person who merely locks a door every night is not preparing to kill someone every night.

You will never admit this for obvious reasons.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2014, 11:17 AM
Wrong. You and I view the world quite differently. You go to bed every night preparing yourself for an attack. I just go to bed.I'm sure you lock your doors and set your alarm system if you have one no? You prepare yourself for an attack every night as well, I'm just better prepared.

Nope. That's the only reason you keep moving it in and out of your safe. There is no other possible reason other than readying yourself to kill someone every time you do it.I put it in a safe before I leave so if my house is broken into while I'm gone my guns are not stolen and in the hands of criminals.

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 11:19 AM
I'm sure you lock your doors and set your alarm system if you have one no? You prepare yourself for an attack every night as well, I'm just better prepared.Prepared to kill someone. Every night.

I put it in a safe before I leave so if my house is broken into while I'm gone my guns are not stolen and in the hands of criminals.And you take it out every night to prepare to kill someone.

Why are you trying to deny this? Pretty weak of you.

cantthinkofanything
07-21-2014, 11:59 AM
Prepared to kill someone. Every night.

And you take it out every night to prepare to kill someone.

Pretty weak that you lock your doors thereby acknowledging the threat but you're not willing to acknowledge anything happening past the locked door.

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 12:04 PM
Pretty weak that you lock your doors thereby acknowledging the threat but you're not willing to acknowledge anything happening past the locked door.Of course something could happen past the door. I just don't obsess over it to the point I prepare to kill someone every night before going to bed.

Why is this so difficult for the gun sleepers to admit?

Keep trying det analogy.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2014, 12:08 PM
Prepared to kill someone. Every night.

And you take it out every night to prepare to kill someone.

I've never denied that.

Why do you lock your doors at night?

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 12:10 PM
I've never denied that.So why do you keep trying to equate it to locking doors?

Why do you lock your doors at night?Obviously to kill anyone who tries to get in, genius.

cantthinkofanything
07-21-2014, 12:12 PM
Of course something could happen past the door. I just don't obsess over it to the point I prepare to kill someone every night before going to bed.

Why is this so difficult for the gun sleepers to admit?

Keep trying det analogy.

I think you're obsessing over it more than most gun owners.
I own smoke detectors AND a fire extinguisher. But I don't prepare to put out a fire every night.

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 12:22 PM
I think you're obsessing over it more than most gun owners.Nope. Just driving a point home. If they accepted it and didn't try deflecting with failed analogies, I wouldn't repeat myself.

I own smoke detectors AND a fire extinguisher. But I don't prepare to put out a fire every night.If you took out the fire extinguisher and kept it by your bedside every night, you would be.

Nice try though. At least you moved on from door locks.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2014, 12:24 PM
So why do you keep trying to equate it to locking doors?You lock your doors for the same reason I lock my doors. I just have a plan for if the locks don't stop them.

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 12:29 PM
You lock your doors for the same reason I lock my doors. I just have a plan for if the locks don't stop them.I lock the doors more to keep stuff from getting stolen when i'm gone. I often leave the door unlocked when I'm here. I would never kill someone over some stuff. You prepare to kill someone every night.

Good for you.

I don't feel the need.

If I get murdered in my apartment, I'll put it in my will to have someone post lol me here. Then you can claim scoreboard.

cantthinkofanything
07-21-2014, 12:34 PM
Nope. Just driving a point home. If they accepted it and didn't try deflecting with failed analogies, I wouldn't repeat myself.

If you took out the fire extinguisher and kept it by your bedside every night, you would be.

Nice try though. At least you moved on from door locks.

You lock your doors every night to be prepared for a break in. Would you say you prepare every night to have your home invaded?
I have a gun but don't pull it out and have it by my bed. So, if someone did break it, I acknowledge that I wouldn't be as prepared as Sanity.
But being more prepared does not equate with preparing to kill someone. But you know that. You're trying to turn this into a semantic argument
which you always tend to do.

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 12:37 PM
You lock your doors every night to be prepared for a break in. Would you say you prepare every night to have your home invaded?See above.

I have a gun but don't pull it out and have it by my bed. So, if someone did break it, I acknowledge that I wouldn't be as prepared as Sanity.Great. You are less prepared to kill someone.

But being more prepared does not equate with preparing to kill someone. But you know that. You're trying to turn this into a semantic argument
which you always tend to do.Sure, it means actively preparing to kill someone. For some reason gun owners are uncomfortable with calling it what it is and go out of their way to deflect with lock and alarm and fire extinguisher analogies

It's not a big deal. You're making it a big deal by trying to deny it. Which gun owners always tend to do.

cantthinkofanything
07-21-2014, 12:41 PM
See above.

Great. You are less prepared to kill someone.

Sure, it means actively preparing to kill someone. For some reason gun owners are uncomfortable with calling it what it is and go out of their way to deflect with lock and alarm and fire extinguisher analogies

It's not a big deal. You're making it a big deal by trying to deny it. Which gun owners always tend to do.

Gun owners are usually on the defensive because gun control advocates paint with a broad brush.

Gotta put this on hold so I can go prepare not to starve to death.

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 12:50 PM
Gun owners are usually on the defensive because gun control advocates paint with a broad brush.Kind of emo there.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2014, 01:01 PM
I lock the doors more to keep stuff from getting stolen when i'm gone. I often leave the door unlocked when I'm here. I would never kill someone over some stuff. You prepare to kill someone every night.

Good for you.

I don't feel the need.

If I get murdered in my apartment, I'll put it in my will to have someone post lol me here. Then you can claim scoreboard.

When did I ever say I'd kill someone over some "stuff"? My firearm is to protect me from a threat. A guy stealing stuff from my house is not a threat unless he comes after me. I assume most would be burglars would likely flee when there is a flashlight with a gun attached to it pointing at them. If they do come at me though, dead burglar.

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 01:22 PM
When did I ever say I'd kill someone over some "stuff"? I never said you did, but thank you for clearly stating your reasons for preparing to kill someone every night.

So defensive.

SnakeBoy
07-21-2014, 01:23 PM
Yes. I lock doors.

My locks aren't designed to kill people.

Guns are.

Therefore your analogy fails.

Five times.

We've been over this.

Oine who takes a gun out of a safe and put it in his nightstand every night is preparing to kill someone every night.

A person who merely locks a door every night is not preparing to kill someone every night.

You will never admit this for obvious reasons.

Thanks for acknowledging that you do incorporate paranoia into your daily routine. Must suck preparing to be killed every night.

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 01:26 PM
Thanks for acknowledging that you do incorporate paranoia into your daily routine. Must suck preparing to be killed every night.In what way am I actively preparing to be killed?

Be specific.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2014, 01:30 PM
I never said you did, but thank you for clearly stating your reasons for preparing to kill someone every night.

So defensive.

Yes, I am prepared to kill someone who is trying to harm or kill me in my home, without a doubt. Being prepared does not mean I live in fear, I sleep well at night. Are you not prepared to kill someone if they are trying to kill you?

SnakeBoy
07-21-2014, 02:42 PM
In what way am I actively preparing to be killed?

Be specific.

You may not be actively doing anything but you are locking your doors so obviously you are afraid of intruders. You brought up being murdered in your home so obviously it is something you think about and fear. I just don't understand why you are living in fear of being murdered and yet even more afraid of having the means to defend yourself.

Wild Cobra
07-21-2014, 02:45 PM
Yes, I am prepared to kill someone who is trying to harm or kill me in my home, without a doubt. Being prepared does not mean I live in fear, I sleep well at night. Are you not prepared to kill someone if they are trying to kill you?

“It's a good feeling, you know, to shoot a bad guy. Something you Democrats would never understand. Americans... we're homesteaders, we want a safe home, keep the money we make, and shoot bad guys.”
~ Denny Crane

Spurminator
07-21-2014, 03:11 PM
:lol

You might as well have quoted Stephen Colbert.

Wild Cobra
07-21-2014, 03:21 PM
:lol

You might as well have quoted Stephen Colbert.
I just watched that episode last night. Couldn't help but post it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0530522/?ref_=ttep_ep10

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 06:29 PM
Yes, I am prepared to kill someone who is trying to harm or kill me in my home, without a doubt. Being prepared does not mean I live in fear, I sleep well at night. Are you not prepared to kill someone if they are trying to kill you?By definition it's living in an amount of fears if you actively prepare to kill someone every night.

It's not a big deal.

You may not be actively doing anything but you are locking your doors so obviously you are afraid of intruders. You brought up being murdered in your home so obviously it is something you think about and fear. I just don't understand why you are living in fear of being murdered and yet even more afraid of having the means to defend yourself.I never said I was afraid to have a gun, and the fact I don't lock my door when I'm at home half the time must mean I am less fearful than those who are arming themselves every night.

Why are gun folk afraid to admit they are afraid?

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2014, 07:16 PM
By definition it's living in an amount of fears if you actively prepare to kill someone every night.

It's not a big deal.

Because you keep repeating it doesn't make it true, I don't live in fear, I am prepared to deal with a threat against me if it ever happens. It's funny how you keep saying gun owners all live in fear when I can guarantee you're the guy who crosses the street when a group of black guys is walking on the side as you.

And I'll ask you again since you dodged the question earlier, are you willing to kill someone if they are trying to kill you?

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 07:27 PM
Because you keep repeating it doesn't make it true, I don't live in fear, I am prepared to deal with a threat against me if it ever happens. It's funny how you keep saying gun owners all live in fear when I can guarantee you're the guy who crosses the street when a group of black guys is walking on the side as you. Nah. Why would I? We're just walking down the street.

Of course you live in fear. There is no reason to arm yourself every night if you aren't living in fear.

And I'll ask you again since you dodged the question earlier, are you willing to kill someone if they are trying to kill you?sure. I just don't live in fear of that every day of my life like you demonstrably do.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2014, 07:41 PM
Nah. Why would I? We're just walking down the street. No one believes you.

Of course you live in fear. There is no reason to arm yourself every night if you aren't living in fear.

sure. I just don't live in fear of that every day of my life like you demonstrably do.Recognizing that crime is a reality and having a gun handy does not mean one is living in fear no matter how many times you say it. This brings me back to seat belts. I don't wear one because it's the law, I wear one because accidents happen. I don't drive in fear for my life.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2014, 08:07 PM
Do you have a first aid kit at your house?

Do you have a surge protector for your electronics?

Do you have bottled water/canned foods/flashlight in case of natural disaster?

Th'Pusher
07-21-2014, 08:08 PM
No one believes you.

Recognizing that crime is a reality and having a gun handy does not mean one is living in fear no matter how many times you say it. This brings me back to seat belts. I don't wear one because it's the law, I wear one because accidents happen. I don't drive in fear for my life.
Comparing Snapping on a seatbelt with moving a gun from a safe to a bedside table then back to the safe every single day isn't really a fair comparison. You're routine reeks of fear. The behavior you've described is irrational IMHO.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2014, 08:16 PM
Comparing Snapping on a seatbelt with moving a gun from a safe to a bedside table then back to the safe every single day isn't really a fair comparison. You're routine reeks of fear. The behavior you've described is irrational IMHO.so now securing a gun when I am not home is irrational? :lol

Th'Pusher
07-21-2014, 08:21 PM
so now securing a gun when I am not home is irrational? :lol

It's wildly excessive. As opposed to comparing it to wearing a seatbelt, a better comparison would be wearing a dental dam to sleep at night so that you don't swallow a spider :lol

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/fact-or-fiction-people-swallow-8-spiders-a-year-while-they-sleep1/

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2014, 08:24 PM
It's wildly excessive. As opposed to comparing it to wearing a seatbelt, a better comparison would be wearing a dental dam to sleep at night so that you don't swallow a spider :lol

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/fact-or-fiction-people-swallow-8-spiders-a-year-while-they-sleep1/

How do the majority of criminals acquire their guns?

Th'Pusher
07-21-2014, 08:45 PM
How do the majority of criminals acquire their guns?
It's not irrational to keep your gun in a safe. As you should have noted by my apt comparison, what's irrational is moving it from your safe to your bedside table every night when you go to sleep. You've already bragged in this thread that you live In a low crime area. Do you really need to sleep with a loaded gun next to you? The whole scenario reeks of fear, if in fact you actually exercise that ridiculous routine...

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 08:47 PM
No one believes you.lol speaking for others.

Recognizing that crime is a reality and having a gun handy does not mean one is living in fear no matter how many times you say it. This brings me back to seat belts. I don't wear one because it's the law, I wear one because accidents happen. I don't drive in fear for my life.lol another failed analogy.

Tell me, what are the odds of being murdered in a home invasion compared to those of being in a car accident of any kind?

Don't dodge this question.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2014, 09:06 PM
Do you have a first aid kit at your house?

Do you have a surge protector for your electronics?

Do you have bottled water/canned foods/flashlight in case of natural disaster?

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 09:07 PM
Do you have a first aid kit at your house?What are the odds of cutting my finger compared to being murdered in a home invasion?

Do you have a surge protector for your electronics?What are the odds of a power surge compared to being murdered in a home invasion?

Do you have bottled water/canned foods/flashlight in case of natural disaster?What are the odds of may power being knocked out compared to being murdered in a home invasion?

You have a specific fear of being murdered in your home, and that fear causes you to prepare to kill someone every night.

I have no fear of being murdered in a home invasion and I won't live in that fear. Violent crime peaked in the early 90s. I lived through that, so I'll just keep doing what I do. If someone really wants to murder me, they'll find a way -- but considering the percentage of homicides committed in the course of a home burglary (look it up, it is laughably small), chances are better it will be in the parking lot of a Buffalo Wild Wings for something I posted here.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2014, 09:14 PM
It's not irrational to keep your gun in a safe. As you should have noted by my apt comparison, what's irrational is moving it from your safe to your bedside table every night when you go to sleep. You've already bragged in this thread that you live In a low crime area. Do you really need to sleep with a loaded gun next to you? The whole scenario reeks of fear, if in fact you actually exercise that ridiculous routine...
What is irrational about moving a gun from a safe to a drawer at night and how exactly is a five second process ridiculous? Aren't you all about keeping guns out of the hands of criminals? And do I need to sleep with one next to me? I'll answer that when I can see in the future.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2014, 09:19 PM
lol speaking for others.keep telling yourself that

Tell me, what are the odds of being murdered in a home invasion compared to those of being in a car accident of any kind?

Don't dodge this question.Dying in a car accident would have been a better comparison than a general accident imo

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 09:24 PM
keep telling yourself thatI will, and it's exactly right because you are trying to do just that.

Dying in a car accident would have been a better comparison than a general accident imoNope. they protect against injury in any kind of accident. And I have been in car wrecks of all types, including one that led to a fatality. Have you been involved in a home invasion murder lately?

But sure -- move that goalpost to help yourself out -- what are the odds of dying in a car wreck compared to being murdered in a home invasion?

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 09:29 PM
Dude, you tried to equate being murdered in your home to a power surge to your computer -- then you try to limit seat belts to only preventing death.

Try to decide which extreme of preparedness you are going to argue here.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2014, 09:30 PM
The odds mean nothing to me
What are the odds of cutting my finger compared to being murdered in a home invasion?do you fear cutting your finger?

What are the odds of a power surge compared to being murdered in a home invasion?do you fear a power surge?

What are the odds of may power being knocked out compared to being murdered in a home invasion?

You have a specific fear of being murdered in your home, and that fear causes you to prepare to kill someone every night.do you fear a natural disaster?

I have no fear of being murdered in a home invasion and I won't live in that fear. Violent crime peaked in the early 90s. I lived through that, so I'll just keep doing what I do. If someone really wants to murder me, they'll find a way -- but considering the percentage of homicides committed in the course of a home burglary (look it up, it is laughably small), chances are better it will be in the parking lot of a Buffalo Wild Wings for something I posted here.[/Quote]nope. No fear. Sorry. Some just make different preparations for possible situations.

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 09:32 PM
The odds mean nothing to medo you fear cutting your finger?

do you fear a power surge?

nope. No fear. Sorry.Obvious fear.

If you have no fear of being murdered at home you wouldn't sleep with a gun by you.

I have a very real fear of dying in a car wreck and I'm not afraid to admit it. My experience and the statistics justify that fea. Why are you afraid to admit your fear of being murdered in a home invasion?

Do your experience and the statistics justify your fear?

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2014, 09:36 PM
Dude, you tried to equate being murdered in your home to a power surge to your computer -- then you try to limit seat belts to only preventing death.

Try to decide which extreme of preparedness you are going to argue here.
Again we just see things differently. You go through life telling yourself it could never happen to me, it's rather naive.

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 09:39 PM
Again we just see things differently. You go through life telling yourself it could never happen to me, it's rather naive.What are the odds it can happen to me?

You've obviously studied this and have all the hard data to lead you to a rational decision to sleep next to your gun every night.

What are the odds I will be murdered during a home invasion?

Please do not dodge this question again.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2014, 09:41 PM
Obvious fear.

If you have no fear of being murdered at home you wouldn't sleep with a gun by you.

I have a very real fear of dying in a car wreck and I'm not afraid to admit it. My experience and the statistics justify that fea. Why are you afraid to admit your fear of being murdered in a home invasion?

Do your experience and the statistics justify your fear?
You can't seem to grasp the difference between fear and shit happens. Your projecting is quite telling.

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 09:42 PM
You can't seem to grasp the difference between fear and shit happens. Your projecting is quite telling.You are the one who is equating human life to a modem.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2014, 09:46 PM
What are the odds it can happen to me?

You've obviously studied this and have all the hard data to lead you to a rational decision to sleep next to your gun every night.

What are the odds I will be murdered during a home invasion?

If I have the means to give myself an advantage in any situation I'll incorporate them, probability means little to me.

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 09:47 PM
If I have the means to give myself an advantage in any situation I'll incorporate them, probability means little to me.Another dodge.

What are the odds I will be murdered in a home invasion?

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2014, 09:48 PM
Not having the means to protect one's self is irrational. Your pink pepper spray stun gun combo don't count.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2014, 09:49 PM
Another dodge.

What are the odds I will be murdered in a home invasion?

Look it up if you're so curious. I've said numerous times I do not care how slim the chance. It does me no harm to be prepared to protect my own life. You obviously don't value your own life as much.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2014, 09:51 PM
I'm out for the night chump. We can resume tomorrow. Make sure you lock your doors tonight and turn on your security alarm.

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 09:57 PM
I bet you a million dollars I will not be murdered tonight.

Thanks for dodging the same question six times.

Don't ever accuse anyone of dodging again.

Th'Pusher
07-21-2014, 10:02 PM
If I have the means to give myself an advantage in any situation I'll incorporate them, probability means little to me.
Basically the definition of irrational. If you had the means to wear a dental dam to bed every night so that you don't accidentally swallow a spider, would you do it?

what about living in a bubble like the bubble boy in an effort to reduce being infected by an airborne disease?

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2014, 10:37 PM
I bet you a million dollars I will not be murdered tonight.

Thanks for dodging the same question six times.

Don't ever accuse anyone of dodging again.
I've never once said the chances are high and have repeatedly said the probability of it happening means little to me. I value my life, along with that of my girlfriend who sleeps next to me every night. Being prepared for the slim chance of it happening is not fear. I place an inanimate object next to me at night, forget about it, and go to sleep. It is no different than locking your doors or arming a security system before you sleep. Is it irrational to lock doors and have a security system?

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2014, 10:37 PM
Basically the definition of irrational. If you had the means to wear a dental dam to bed every night so that you don't accidentally swallow a spider, would you do it?

what about living in a bubble like the bubble boy in an effort to reduce being infected by an airborne disease?do you lock your doors at night? Do you have a security system installed at your home?

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 10:41 PM
I've never once said the chances are high and have repeatedly said the probability of it happening means little to me. I value my life, along with that of my girlfriend who sleeps next to me every night. Being prepared for the slim chance of it happening is not fear. I place an inanimate object next to me at night, forget about it, and go to sleep. It is no different than locking your doors or arming a security system before you sleep. Is it irrational to lock doors and have a security system?It's very different. You are actively preparing to kill someone.

You have tried denying and tapdancing around and deflecting from that fact, but the fact remains.

It made you equate your life with the circuits in your modem.

And it made you dodge the same question six times.

I'm playing the odds. I'm not going to be murdered in my home tonight. No gun necessary.

m>s
07-21-2014, 10:47 PM
chances are better it will be in the parking lot of a Buffalo Wild Wings for something I posted here.
sounds like a fear to me, since you randomly mentioned it specifically

but i wouldn't worry too much, being in that much fear you've gone to great lengths to hide your identity and avoid being photographed at your faggy little spurs get togethers. if my post didn't soothe you and you're still worried, you could always get a gun.

Th'Pusher
07-21-2014, 10:48 PM
I've never once said the chances are high and have repeatedly said the probability of it happening means little to me. I value my life, along with that of my girlfriend who sleeps next to me every night. Being prepared for the slim chance of it happening is not fear. I place an inanimate object next to me at night, forget about it, and go to sleep. It is no different than locking your doors or arming a security system before you sleep. Is it irrational to lock doors and have a security system?

I have an alarm, but never set it when I'm home. Just when I leave. One time I used it as a placebo for my seven year old. She was scared someone was going to kidnap her, so I walked her over to the alarm, armed "stay" mode and sent her to bed. She fell fast asleep. The funny thing is she didn't ask me to set it again the next night. She understood her fear was irrational.

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 10:50 PM
sounds like a fear to me, since you randomly mentioned it specificallyIt's a joke, Chachi.

but i wouldn't worry too much, being in that much fear you've gone to great lengths to hide your identity and avoid being photographed at your faggy little spurs get togetherslol you checked all the GTG pics looking for me?

That's gay, dude.

I only attended one GTG that I actually organized. It was fun but no one bothered to take any pictures to my knowledge.

Sorry to break your heart.

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 10:51 PM
I have an alarm, but never set it when I'm home. Just when I leave. One time I used it as a placebo for my seven year old. She was scared someone was going to kidnap her, so I walked her over to the alarm, armed "stay" mode and sent her to bed. She fell fast asleep. The funny thing is she didn't ask me to set it again the next night. She understood her fear was irrational.She's obviously packing heat now.

m>s
07-21-2014, 10:53 PM
It's a joke, Chachi.

lol you checked all the GTG pics looking for me?

That's gay, dude.

I only attended one GTG that I actually organized. It was fun but no one bothered to take any pictures to my knowledge.

Sorry to break your heart.
i heard you and whottt got caught alone together in a closet no pun intended and that's why he and you were always afraid to have your pictures taken or something

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2014, 10:54 PM
It's very different. You are actively preparing to kill someone.

You have tried denying and tapdancing around and deflecting from that fact, but the fact remains.

It made you equate your life with the circuits in your modem.

And it made you dodge the same question six times.

I'm playing the odds. I'm not going to be murdered in my home tonight. No gun necessary.
Yet you still lock your door before you go to sleep.

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 10:54 PM
i heard you and whottt got caught alone together in a closet no pun intended and that's why he and you were always afraid to have your pictures taken or somethingWow, you are really on a roll making shit up today. You have the fantasies of a twelve year old girl.

m>s
07-21-2014, 10:55 PM
Wow, you are really on a roll making shit up today. You have the fantasies of a twelve year old girl.
your feelings started showing there at the end, relax dude always in so much fear

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2014, 10:56 PM
I have an alarm, but never set it when I'm home. Just when I leave. One time I used it as a placebo for my seven year old. She was scared someone was going to kidnap her, so I walked her over to the alarm, armed "stay" mode and sent her to bed. She fell fast asleep. The funny thing is she didn't ask me to set it again the next night. She understood her fear was irrational.
Seems pretty stupid to purchase an alarm system and not set it before you go to sleep, especially if you have a child. That's like putting a bark collar on your dog at night. Bet you don't lock your doors either right, chances are slim to nothing.

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 10:58 PM
Yet you still lock your door before you go to sleep.50-50 I do that. Don't get all OCD to check. And I never actively prepare to kill anyone every night as you do.

It's a safe neighborhood as far as that stuff is concerned. I looked it up.

m>s
07-21-2014, 10:58 PM
i feel sorry for your kid, just becuase she's black doesn't mean she deserves to die..what a shitty father

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 10:59 PM
your feelings started showing there at the end, relax dude always in so much fearYou fantasize about dudes. Relax, it's normal for homosexuals such as yourself.

m>s
07-21-2014, 10:59 PM
50-50 I do that. Don't get all OCD to check. And I never actively prepare to kill anyone every night as you do.

it's safe in part because you live in texas and your neighbors all own guns. nobody knows that you're the one faggot in the neighborhood who isn't armed unless you put a sign out front and told them.

if it's really like that then you should have no problem putting up such a sign. go ahead and do it and post pics.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2014, 11:01 PM
50-50 I do that. Don't get all OCD to check. And I never actively prepare to kill anyone every night as you do.

I don't believe you for a second.

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 11:02 PM
it's safe in part because you live in texas and your neighbors all own guns. nobody knows that you're the one faggot in the neighborhood who isn't armed unless you put a sign out front and told them.

if it's really like that then you should have no problem putting up such a sign. go ahead and do it and post pics.HOA wouldn't allow it.

lol "all own guns"

You've never been to Austin, have you?

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 11:03 PM
I don't believe you for a second.Not everyone is as afraid as you are.

Th'Pusher
07-21-2014, 11:03 PM
She's obviously packing heat now.

It would be very easy for me to put in the 4 digit code and set it every night when I go to bed. I'm just not driven enough to do it. Just doesn't cross my mind.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2014, 11:04 PM
HOA wouldn't allow it.

:lol fearing your HOA

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 11:05 PM
:lol fearing your HOAWhat are the odds of being murdered in my home compared to being cited by the HOA?

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2014, 11:05 PM
It would be very easy for me to put in the 4 digit code and set it every night when I go to bed. I'm just not driven enough to do it. Just doesn't cross my mind.
Pretty irresponsible considering you have a daughter, as simple as pressing 4 buttons is.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2014, 11:08 PM
What are the odds of being murdered in my home compared to being cited by the HOA?

I've never nor would I ever live under HOA rule. No reason for me to determine odds of being murdered to living in fear of being fined in my place of residence.

m>s
07-21-2014, 11:09 PM
HOA wouldn't allow it.

lol "all own guns"

You've never been to Austin, have you?

maybe if the chicomms nuked NYC kim jong could shoot his to austin. austin isn't even part of texas, technically.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/10505324_1439737209632372_6875672931552026631_n.jp g

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 11:10 PM
I've never nor would I ever live under HOA rule. No reason for me to determine odds of being murdered to living in fear of being fined in my place of residence.we aren't talking about you.

We are talking about my chances of being murdered in my home compared to that of being cited by my HOA.

You are saying people are naive thinking it won't happen to them.

Fine. Back up your rhetoric -- what are the odds of being murdered in one's home?

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 11:11 PM
maybe if the chicomms nuked NYC kim jong could shoot his to austin. austin isn't even part of texas, technically.Sure it is.

It's the capital of the state.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2014, 11:19 PM
Not everyone is as afraid as you are.
You're in your HOA run apartment at 4 AM on spurstalk, typical night a few hundred posts sipping on a redbull. You're so deep in an internet fued you don't hear the intruder enter your house. Gun or no gun?

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 11:21 PM
You're in your HOA run apartment at 4 AM on spurstalk, typical night a few hundred posts sipping on a redbull. You're so deep in an internet fued you don't hear the intruder enter your house. Gun or no gun?lol now you're fantasizing about me.

What are the odds of my being murdered in my home?

C'mon, justify your fear.

Th'Pusher
07-21-2014, 11:23 PM
Pretty irresponsible considering you have a daughter, as simple as pressing 4 buttons is.

Meh. I lock my doors. Statistically speaking, that's sufficient a deterrent. Anything else is overkill. If I lived in a shitbag neighborhood, I'd likely set the alarm, and if I lived in utter fear, I'd likely sleep with a loaded pistol under my pillow.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2014, 11:26 PM
we aren't talking about you.

We are talking about my chances of being murdered in my home compared to that of being cited by my HOA.

You are saying people are naive thinking it won't happen to them.

Fine. Back up your rhetoric -- what are the odds of being murdered in one's home?no we aren't just talking about murder. We are talking robbery, rape, assault, and murder. All valid reasons to keep a firearm in the home.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2014, 11:27 PM
lol now you're fantasizing about me.

What are the odds of my being murdered in my home?

C'mon, justify your fear.
Answer the question, gun or no gun.

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 11:28 PM
no we aren't just talking about murder. We are talking robbery, rape, assault, and murder. All valid reasons to keep a firearm in the home.Man, you are really moving those goalposts tonight.

Ok. back up your rhetoric. What are the odds of each of those happening to you?

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 11:28 PM
Answer the question, gun or no gun.The answer is no intruder. The odds of someone breaking into my house have been lowered even more by my being up and having lights and music/tv on.

Answer the question I asked you eight times.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2014, 11:38 PM
Man, you are really moving those goalposts tonight.

Ok. back up your rhetoric. What are the odds of each of those happening to you?
If I've clearly stated the odds don't concern me why would I look up odds for you?

SnakeBoy
07-21-2014, 11:39 PM
I don't believe you for a second.

He already admitted he locks his doors (plural) now he's lying about it so he can continue his schtick.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2014, 11:40 PM
The answer is no intruder. The odds of someone breaking into my house have been lowered even more by my being up and having lights and music/tv on.

Answer the question I asked you eight times.
The probability is not zero no matter how many redbulls you drink and how late you stay up. Answer the question. Gun or no gun, your refusal to answer only proves my point.

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 11:42 PM
If I've clearly stated the odds don't concern me why would I look up odds for you?Of course they don't concern you since they would really hurt your argument.

I'm saying the odds of my being murdered in my home tonight are borderline infinitesimal when compared to other horrors you listed like power surges and paper cuts.

You have done and will do nothing to rebut this, so this point will remain forever.

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 11:46 PM
He already admitted he locks his doors (plural) now he's lying about it so he can continue his schtick.I don't do so religiously as TSA prepares to kill someone every night.

The probability is not zero no matter how many redbulls you drink and how late you stay up. Answer the question. Gun or no gun, your refusal to answer only proves my point.Since I don't own a gun, no gun.

Here, let's put money on it.

If my home is broken into tonight, I will give you $5000. If it is not, you give me $50.

Do you take the bet or not?

PS -- If I am murdered during the break-in, you will have eternal scoreboard.

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 11:48 PM
I'll make a point to unlock my front door as well if you think that will help me get murdered.

m>s
07-21-2014, 11:51 PM
Since I don't own a gun
What's wrong with you

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 11:53 PM
What's wrong with youWell, technically I do but it's hundreds of miles away and I haven't shot it in years.

m>s
07-21-2014, 11:54 PM
>texan
>not owning a gun

pick 1

ChumpDumper
07-22-2014, 12:01 AM
>texan
>not owning a gun

pick 1No need.

it's fun that you're angry about it tho.

m>s
07-22-2014, 12:02 AM
>guns
>no need

pick 1 fgt

ChumpDumper
07-22-2014, 12:04 AM
>guns
>no need

pick 1 fgtlol it's fun when you get sol salty you don't even make sense anymore.

m>s
07-22-2014, 12:15 AM
sol salty
I see what u did there m8

ChumpDumper
07-22-2014, 12:20 AM
Now that was funny.

TheSanityAnnex
07-22-2014, 10:30 AM
Since I don't own a gun, no gun.

That was not the question. If faced with an intruder in your home who wanted to harm you gun or no gun?

ChumpDumper
07-22-2014, 10:38 AM
That was not the question. If faced with an intruder in your home who wanted to harm you gun or no gun?You've been so busy dodging and making failed analogies you can't even form coherent questions.

ChumpDumper
07-22-2014, 10:41 AM
And I'm alive after leaving my door unlocked last night.

No gun.

Would you like to go double or nothing tonight?

boutons_deux
07-22-2014, 10:54 AM
TX man shoots self hitching up shorts in store: ‘It’s dangerous to stick a gun in your pants’

A Texas man was wounded Friday afternoon after accidentally shooting himself during a trip to a convenience store.

Police said Jason Bryant, who held a concealed carry permit, went into the store in Orange, where the gun discharged as he pulled up his shorts, reported the Longview News-Journal (http://www.news-journal.com/panola/news/man-accidentally-shoots-himself-late-friday-afternoon/article_9fba4294-44f3-5263-aece-636111954642.html).

“He walked maybe six feet in the door when he pulled his shorts up, something caught the trigger and the gun discharged into his leg,” said Chief Jim Vanover, of Orange police. “People immediately rushed over to help.”

Another customer fashioned a tourniquet from a belt by the time emergency crews arrived, and Bryant was taken to an area hospital for treatment.

Vanover said the shooting could have been prevented by proper gun safety.

“If you’re going to carry a gun it needs to be in a safe holster,” Vanover said. “It’s dangerous to stick a gun in your pants.”

No one else was injured during the incident, which remains under investigation.

Bryant has not been charged in the negligent discharge.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/22/tx-man-shoots-self-hitching-up-shorts-in-store-its-dangerous-to-stick-a-gun-in-your-pants/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

TheSanityAnnex
07-22-2014, 11:07 AM
No gun.

Your life is on the line and you just choose to die? You are either a liar or a coward.

ChumpDumper
07-22-2014, 11:11 AM
Your life is on the line and you just choose to die? You are either a liar or a coward.Eh, I'll try something. I don't force myself to think about it every night like you do when you prepare to kill someone.

Living in fear of that works for you. Fine. I choose not to live in that fear.

Spurminator
07-22-2014, 11:58 AM
The way I look at it, and as someone who has no property he absolutely can't live without...

(Low % chance that my home will be intruded upon) * (Low % chance said intruder wants to murder me or my family unprovoked) * (Low % chance I would actually wake up and fire the first shot if they did want to murder us)

<

(Low % chance my gun might accidentally harm or kill someone in my family or otherwise)

I also know we would feel even LESS safe in the days/weeks/months after shooting an intruder. I've now introduced the possibility of retaliation into the mix. We'd probably have to move to feel safe again.

But that's just me.

TheSanityAnnex
07-22-2014, 01:00 PM
Eh, I'll try something. I don't force myself to think about it every night like you do when you prepare to kill someone.

Living in fear of that works for you. Fine. I choose not to live in that fear.

When you are out and about in downtown Austin on a weekend night having a few drinks do you just wander around aimlessly staring at the sidewalk or do you have situational awareness?

ChumpDumper
07-22-2014, 01:04 PM
When you are out and about in downtown Austin on a weekend night having a few drinks do you just wander around aimlessly staring at the sidewalk or do you have situational awareness?lol listen to yourself. Every second of your life is a combat situation.

Not much for me downtown on weekends tbh, but nothing I do involves preparing to kill someone. I'm just not that fearful.

TheSanityAnnex
07-22-2014, 01:21 PM
lol listen to yourself. Every second of your life is a combat situation.

Not much for me downtown on weekends tbh, but nothing I do involves preparing to kill someone. I'm just not that fearful.

So when you are out and about you are oblivious to what is going on around you correct?

ChumpDumper
07-22-2014, 01:24 PM
So when you are out and about you are oblivious to what is going on around you correct?what does this have to do with preparing to kill someone before you go to bed?

I don't have a gun in any of these situations. Are you carrying when you go out on the town wherever you are?

Are we going double or nothing I survive tonight?

TheSanityAnnex
07-22-2014, 01:30 PM
So when you are out and about you are oblivious to what is going on around you correct?

Yes or no?

ChumpDumper
07-22-2014, 01:44 PM
Yes or no?lol now you're demanding I answer a question after dodging the same one 15 times?

Doesn't work that way.

I don't' obsess over being murdered every second of the day like you do and think everyone else should. Waste of time and energy.

Now answer this question -- are you packing all the time?

Seriously, there have been three homicides in my zip code this past year.

The victims all knew the people who killed them.

They were all domestic disputes.

Having a gun in the home led to the murders.

They all happened in the same apartment -- months apart. Freaky, eh?

I don't have a gun and I don't live in that apartment, so I'm good. Thanks for all your concern and dodging.

TheSanityAnnex
07-22-2014, 02:04 PM
I already answered your question numerous times, but ill answer once again, very slim.

So, yes or no?

ChumpDumper
07-22-2014, 02:06 PM
I already answered your question numerous times, but ill answer once again, very slim.Now you finally know why i don't have a gun.

So, yes or no?I already answered your question. I'm not walking around downtown prepared to kill someone with a gun at all times.

Now answer this question -- are you packing all the time?

TheSanityAnnex
07-22-2014, 02:09 PM
Now you finally know why i don't have a gun.

I already answered your question. I'm not walking around downtown prepared to kill someone with a gun at all times.never mentioned a gun once. You haven't answered the question. Do you walk around oblivious to what is going on around you?

Now answer this question -- are you packing all the time?nope

ChumpDumper
07-22-2014, 02:11 PM
never mentioned a gun once. You haven't answered the question. Do you walk around oblivious to what is going on around you?I'm sure I'm not as hypervigilant as you, so what does it matter?

nopeHow irresponsible.

TheSanityAnnex
07-22-2014, 02:15 PM
I'm sure I'm not as hypervigilant as you, so what does it matter?

so you are aware?

ChumpDumper
07-22-2014, 02:15 PM
so you are aware?Aware of what?

Be specific.

TheSanityAnnex
07-22-2014, 02:17 PM
Aware of what?

Be specific.what drives your awareness?

ChumpDumper
07-22-2014, 02:18 PM
what drives your awareness?Awareness of what?

Be specific.

TheSanityAnnex
07-22-2014, 02:24 PM
Drop the schtick.

ChumpDumper
07-22-2014, 02:25 PM
Drop the schtick.Answer the question.

Awareness of what?

TheSanityAnnex
07-22-2014, 02:32 PM
Your surroundings when you are in public; people, cars, dogs, construction, trees, airplanes etc.

ChumpDumper
07-22-2014, 02:34 PM
Your surroundings when you are in public; people, cars, dogs, construction, trees, airplanes etc.Sure. What do trees and airplanes have to do with planning to kill a person in your home every night?

TheSanityAnnex
07-22-2014, 02:57 PM
Sure. What do trees and airplanes have to do with planning to kill a person in your home every night?

Why are you aware of these things when you are out in public? people, cars, dogs, etc?

ChumpDumper
07-22-2014, 02:59 PM
Why are you aware of these things when you are out in public? people, cars, dogs, etc?Not because I have planned to kill them before going out.

Why did you exclude planes and trees now?

TheSanityAnnex
07-22-2014, 03:09 PM
Not because I have planned to kill them before going out.

Never mentioned killing them. Why are you aware of these things when you are out in public?

ChumpDumper
07-22-2014, 03:12 PM
Never mentioned killing them. Why are you aware of these things when you are out in public?Not because I plan on killing them.

TheSanityAnnex
07-22-2014, 03:21 PM
Not because I plan on killing them.

Why did you exclude planes and trees now?Include them it helps you actually answer the question. Never mentioned killing them, so why are you aware of them?

ChumpDumper
07-22-2014, 03:31 PM
Include them it helps you actually answer the question. Never mentioned killing them, so why are you aware of them?Because they are there and not imaginary like the fantasy intruders you plan to kill every night.

Do you think you are more likely to be raped at home or outside of the home?

TheSanityAnnex
07-22-2014, 03:52 PM
Because they are there and not imaginary like the fantasy intruders you plan to kill every night.

Do you think you are more likely to be raped at home or outside of the home?

You are aware of the loose dog, the speeding car approaching your crosswalk, the suspicious guy walking towards you because they could harm you no?

ChumpDumper
07-22-2014, 06:58 PM
You are aware of the loose dog, the speeding car approaching your crosswalk, the suspicious guy walking towards you because they could harm you no?

All at once?

Damn, your fantasy world is dangerous. No wonder you sleep with a gun. Those planes and trees are after me too!

TheSanityAnnex
07-22-2014, 07:21 PM
All at once?

Damn, your fantasy world is dangerous. No wonder you sleep with a gun. Those planes and trees are after me too!
You going to answer the question or act like a smart ass?

ChumpDumper
07-22-2014, 07:42 PM
You going to answer the question or act like a smart ass?
I don't want to freak anyone out right now, but there is a tree right outside my window as we speak.

TheSanityAnnex
07-22-2014, 08:29 PM
Your refusal to answer is all I needed. Thank you.

ChumpDumper
07-22-2014, 08:39 PM
I answered long ago. I don't believe any of those things are out to kill me so I don't need to prepare to kill any of those in my sleep.

Thank you for refusing to answer the question I asked you a dozen times and thank you for refusing to take my 100 to 1 odds on my survival and consequent double or nothing bet.

Thank you failing to make even one relevant analogy to your preparing to kill someone every night.

And more than anything, thank you for admitting the fear that drives you to prepare another human being every night. It takes a certain amount of courage to admit living in that much fear all the time. I mean, not that much courage because you're still so afraid, right?

TheSanityAnnex
07-22-2014, 08:55 PM
I answered long ago. I don't believe any of those things are out to kill me so I don't need to prepare to kill any of those in my sleep.

Never once mentioned killing any of these things or being prepared to kill them and you continually refuse to answer. Since I know you won't answer I'll answer for. You are aware of the loose dog because it may bite you. You are aware of the speeding car because it may hit you. You are aware of the suspicious man because he may harm you. Now none of these things may actually harm you but all are possible and you will try your best to prevent them from happening. Would I be correct in saying you live in fear of these things?

ChumpDumper
07-22-2014, 08:58 PM
Never once mentioned killing any of these things or being prepared to kill them and you continually refuse to answer. Since I know you won't answer I'll answer for. You are aware of the loose dog because it may bite you. You are aware of the speeding car because it may hit you. You are aware of the suspicious man because he may harm you. Now none of these things may actually harm you but all are possible and you will try your best to prevent them from happening. Would I be correct in saying you live in fear of these things?I already admitted a fear in which I live hours and hours and hours ago. Given my experience and the actual odds, it's pretty well founded.

Yours is a picture perfect dictionary definition of living in fear and all you can do is try to deflect by saying I live in fear of being attacked by a plane in downtown Austin.

You tried just a little too hard there. You live in fear. It's OK.

TheSanityAnnex
07-22-2014, 09:21 PM
I already admitted a fear in which I live hours and hours and hours ago. Given my experience and the actual odds, it's pretty well founded.

Yours is a picture perfect dictionary definition of living in fear and all you can do is try to deflect by saying I live in fear of being attacked by a plane in downtown Austin.

You tried just a little too hard there. You live in fear. It's OK.so you don't live in fear of these things but you do try and prevent them if possible, cause lets face it getting hit by a car would suck. Am I understanding this correctly?

ChumpDumper
07-22-2014, 09:25 PM
so you don't live in fear of these things but you do try and prevent them if possible, cause lets face it getting hit by a car would suck. Am I understanding this correctly?Absolutely not.

Let's try this again:

What are the odds of my being hit by a car?

What are the odds of your being raped in your home?

I fear being hit by a car to the point I look both ways before crossing the street.

You fear being raped in your home to the point you prepare to kill another person with a gun every night.

Which is more rational?

ChumpDumper
07-22-2014, 09:27 PM
Serious question: What made you so terrified of being raped in your home that you prepare to kill a person every night?

TheSanityAnnex
07-23-2014, 10:24 AM
Absolutely not.

Let's try this again:

I fear being hit by a car to the point I look both ways before crossing the street.

You fear being raped in your home to the point you prepare to kill another person with a gun every night.

Which is more rational?

Do you live in fear of being hit by a car or is it just a momentary thought before you cross the street?

ChumpDumper
07-23-2014, 10:26 AM
Do you live in fear of being hit by a car or is it just a momentary thought before you cross the street?The car is there. I am not imagining it.

Answer my questions.

Your fear being raped in your home to the point you prepare to kill another person with a gun every night.

Which is more rational?

Do not dodge or stall anymore please.

pgardn
07-23-2014, 10:40 AM
It's pretty clear different people have their own spiders and snakes.
Individual trivial paranoia is diverse.

I just wish my wife would stop checking the doors twice every night and then asking me to.
When she is gone, windows open at night in the fall and spring. I love night sounds. Especially rain at night.

TheSanityAnnex
07-23-2014, 10:43 AM
The car is there. I am not imagining it.

Do you think about being hit by a car all day or only when you are crossing the street?

ChumpDumper
07-23-2014, 10:51 AM
Do you think about being hit by a car all day or only when you are crossing the street?It is obvious you live in fear of my questions.

To bad you can't prepare to kill those every night.

TheSanityAnnex
07-23-2014, 10:56 AM
It is obvious you live in fear of my questions.

To bad you can't prepare to kill those every night.I've answered repeatedly the odds mean nothing to me.

So, do you think about being hit by a car all day or only when you cross the street?

TheSanityAnnex
07-23-2014, 10:57 AM
Quite a simple question you can't seem to answer, I wonder why.

TeyshaBlue
07-23-2014, 10:58 AM
lol @ planning to kill.
What...TSA has drawn out a plan to kill someone?
Actions are situational/transitory and don't exist in a vacuum.
I live in a very nice suburb where violent crime is virtually unheard of. However, a couple of years ago a banger rolled up to an elderly woman's house and shot her in the head for no reason. I kept a .357 mag in my nightstand at night for a couple of months then retired it back to the safe in my closet.
Was I planning to kill someone? Um...no.

Blake
07-23-2014, 11:00 AM
Sure. What do trees and airplanes have to do with planning to kill a person in your home every night?

Lol

TeyshaBlue
07-23-2014, 11:01 AM
I don't want to freak anyone out right now, but there is a tree right outside my window as we speak.

I keep a chainsaw under my pillow, tbh.

Blake
07-23-2014, 11:08 AM
I've answered repeatedly the odds mean nothing to me.

So, do you think about being hit by a car all day or only when you cross the street?

Playing the odds is a great way to make life choices in my opinion.

If there's a 99% chance something won't happen to me, I'm not gonna waste much time or any money protecting myself against it.

TheSanityAnnex
07-23-2014, 11:19 AM
Playing the odds is a great way to make life choices in my opinion.

If there's a 99% chance something won't happen to me, I'm not gonna waste much time or any money protecting myself against it.

I guess I could spend those 10 seconds a day doing something more productive, push out an extra fart or two.

TheSanityAnnex
07-23-2014, 11:19 AM

Blake
07-23-2014, 12:01 PM
I guess I could spend those 10 seconds a day doing something more productive, push out an extra fart or two.

Better than me wasting money on guns on that 1%, imo.

TheSanityAnnex
07-23-2014, 12:08 PM
Better than me wasting money on guns on that 1%, imo.

The amount of meat these guns have put in my freezer have far exceeded their cost.

ChumpDumper
07-23-2014, 12:17 PM
I've answered repeatedly the odds mean nothing to me.

So, do you think about being hit by a car all day or only when you cross the street?asked and answered.

The car is there.

I actually do think about car wrecks when not around cars. It was pretty traumatic tbh.

So yes, real cars > imagined rape

Is there a flaw in my logic?

ChumpDumper
07-23-2014, 12:22 PM
lol @ planning to kill.
What...TSA has drawn out a plan to kill someone?
Actions are situational/transitory and don't exist in a vacuum.
I live in a very nice suburb where violent crime is virtually unheard of. However, a couple of years ago a banger rolled up to an elderly woman's house and shot her in the head for no reason. I kept a .357 mag in my nightstand at night for a couple of months then retired it back to the safe in my closet.
Was I planning to kill someone? Um...no.it's a contingency plan to kill somebody.

And yours was a perfectly reasonable reaction to a random crime in your neighborhood. The murders in my neighborhood were limited to gun owners in separate domestic disputes in the same apartment.

What man rape caused tsa to make his contingency killing plan a lifetime routine?

TheSanityAnnex
07-23-2014, 12:22 PM
asked and answered.

The car is there.

I actually do think about car wrecks when not around cars. It was pretty traumatic tbh.

So yes, real cars > imagined rape

Is there a flaw in my logic?

You were hit by a car as a pedestrian crossing the street?

ChumpDumper
07-23-2014, 12:25 PM
You were hit by a car as a pedestrian crossing the street?I was severely injured by a car.

And I don't plan on killing any drivers.

Why are you so concerned about being raped that you lost it as a reason to prepare to kill someone every night?

TheSanityAnnex
07-23-2014, 12:34 PM
I was severely injured by a car.

And I don't plan on killing any drivers.

Why are you so concerned about being raped that you lost it as a reason to prepare to kill someone every night?

So you weren't hit while crossing the street as a pedestrian?

TheSanityAnnex
07-23-2014, 12:36 PM
So do you think about getting hit by a car all day or just when you are crossing the street?

ChumpDumper
07-23-2014, 12:42 PM
So do you think about getting hit by a car all day or just when you are crossing the street?I don't plan to kill a car every day.

ChumpDumper
07-23-2014, 12:43 PM
Oh shit!

A plane if flying several thousand feet above me and I don't have a gun!

What am i to do?

TheSanityAnnex
07-23-2014, 12:45 PM
I'll try one more time.

Do you think about getting hit by a car all day or just when you are crossing the street? Yes or No.

ChumpDumper
07-23-2014, 12:47 PM
I'll try one more time.

Do you think about getting hit by a car all day or just when you are crossing the street? Yes or No.i'll try one more time.

I don't make any plans to shoot any cars on any day.

Look, you have your little ritual because you fear being raped. It's OK. I don't know why you fear being raped every night but you do. It's Ok, you're not hurting anyone.

TheSanityAnnex
07-23-2014, 12:54 PM
Your refusal to answer is all I need.

You don't live in fear of being run over by car but you do look both ways to prevent it. I don't live in fear of being killed in my home but I do put a gun in my nightstand to prevent it.

Thanks for playing.

ChumpDumper
07-23-2014, 12:59 PM
Your refusal to answer is all I need.

You don't live in fear of being run over by car but you do look both ways to prevent it. I don't live in fear of being killed in my home but I do put a gun in my nightstand to prevent it.

Thanks for playing.
The fact I do fear that is the very reason I look before crossing the street every time I cross the street. The car is there and it's real and could hurt me.

The tree is still outside my home. It is real but will not hurt me.

You live in fear of being raped at home every night. You prove that every night by sleeping with your gun. Your rapist is not there and is imaginary.

Thanks for trying so hard to be so macho while admitting your fear of being raped in your home every night over and over. It's hilarious.

Kudos to you for being prepared to kill someone trying to rape you every night -- but you can't do that and say you aren't afraid of being raped.

Every night.

TheSanityAnnex
07-23-2014, 01:19 PM
The tree is still outside my home. It is real but will not hurt me.

You're next

http://abc7.com/news/falling-palm-tree-kills-east-los-angeles-man/64819/

EAST LOS ANGELES (KABC) --
A man was killed when a palm tree fell on top of him during his morning walk in East Los Angeles on Saturday.

The incident happened in the 3900 block of Dozier Street around 8:30 a.m.

Relatives identified the man as 49-year-old Tony Calderon. They said he was out for his morning walk and stopped to say hello to a neighbor when he was struck by the tree moments later.

Calderon was trapped underneath the debris and downed power lines. Firefighters pronounced him dead at the scene.

His own mother was among those who heard the crash.

"We heard a boom and I ran outside and I saw all the neighbors come and they were all trying to pull him, get him," said Nellie Mora, the victim's mother.

Calderon's family was on their way to a funeral for another family member when they got the news that he had died.

The woman who lives in the home where the tree fell and other residents say the tree has been a concern for a long time. The woman said she could not afford to pay for the tree to be trimmed and reported it to the city. She believes the city should have had the tree trimmed.

Neighbors described Calderon as a very popular, friendly man.

ChumpDumper
07-23-2014, 01:26 PM
You're next

A man was killed when a palm tree fell on top of him during his morning walk in East Los Angeles on Saturday.

Relatives identified the man as 49-year-old Tony Calderon. They said he was out for his morning walk and stopped to say hello to a neighbor when he was struck by the tree moments later.

Calderon was trapped underneath the debris and downed power lines. Firefighters pronounced him dead at the scene.

"We heard a boom and I ran outside and I saw all the neighbors come and they were all trying to pull him, get him," said Nellie Mora, the victim's mother.

Calderon's family was on their way to a funeral for another family member when they got the news that he had died.

The woman who lives in the home where the tree fell and other residents say the tree has been a concern for a long time. The woman said she could not afford to pay for the tree to be trimmed and reported it to the city. She believes the city should have had the tree trimmed.

Neighbors described Calderon as a very popular, friendly man.Eh, if it only paralyzes me I could be the next governor of Texas after limiting lawsuit awards that made me a multimillionaire.

http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/20131128-1013_thegov_300w.jpg.ece/BINARY/w620x413/1013_TheGov_300w.jpg

Those trees are now keeping a safe distance.

Those flowers, on the other hand....

Winehole23
07-23-2014, 02:16 PM
Capitol Police confiscated a 9mm Ruger handgun from the bag of Camden, S.C., resident Ronald William Prestage shortly after 9 a.m. on Wednesday morning at the Cannon House Office Building. Prestage, 59, was arrested and charged with carrying a pistol without a license, a District of Columbia offense that carries up to five years in prison.

Records indicate he has a concealed carry permit in South Carolina. Prestage is a veterinarian and farm operator, and is president-elect of the National Pork Producers Council. He may have been on the Hill to lobby on agriculture issues.

http://blogs.rollcall.com/hill-blotter/capitol-police-stop-another-gun-from-entering-cannon-building/

Blake
07-23-2014, 02:16 PM
The amount of meat these guns have put in my freezer have far exceeded their cost.

Goody.

Blake
07-23-2014, 02:17 PM
You're next

Neighbors described Calderon as a very popular, friendly man.

So how are you going to protect your home from the killer trees

Winehole23
07-27-2014, 04:54 PM
tangent: http://reason.com/archives/2014/07/22/how-crazy-negroes-with-guns-he

Winehole23
08-10-2014, 05:48 PM
Explaining a proposal to allow alcoholic beverages to be served at Texas gun shows:

“We got a request from a gun club in the Dallas-Fort Worth area to amend the rules,” said TABC spokeswoman Carolyn Beck.http://kxan.com/2014/08/08/alcohol-would-be-allowed-at-gun-shows-under-new-proposal/

Winehole23
08-11-2014, 04:55 PM
tangent:

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/08/gun-linux-on-the-range-with-trackingpoints-new-ar-15s/