PDA

View Full Version : Courtney Love's Sobbing Keeps Her Out Of Jail

Jelly
08-20-2005, 02:57 PM
This is what you get with pathetic male judges. Another female would have thrown her ass in the can.

Courtney Love´s sobbing softens judge and avoids her jail

Courtney Love was given until the end of the day on Friday to enter a drug treatment facility and undergo a 28-day rehab programme.

Courtney Love tearfully admitted using drugs in violation of her probation terms and the rocker/actress was ordered Friday into a 28-day drug treatment program by a judge who said he had wanted to put her in jail.

The judge in Los Angeles told Love he wanted to put her in jail, but decided to put her in rehab instead.

"I can't force you to be successful in getting off drugs. Your lawyers can't force you to get off drugs. Three courts have tried now to help you get off drugs, and I am disappointed because you're not clean and sober. And it certainly is not something to joke about."

On these words, the 41-year-old Love, former widow of rock musician Kurt Cobain, broke into tears and hugged her attorney Howard Weitzman.

Superior Court Judge Rand Rubin told the sobbing Love, "I think that you need to hit rock bottom before you make a decision about what you're going to do in the future."

She had been ordered to appear in court for allegedly being under the influence of a controlled substance, which wasn't identified.

She was given until the end of the day on Friday to enter a drug treatment facility and undergo a 28-day rehab programme.

Love pleaded no contest to a misdemeanour assault charge last February and was already on probation in two unrelated drug cases.

In July, a judge praised the singer for making progress in a court-ordered drug treatment program.

The treatment is tied to a misdemeanour count of being under the influence of a controlled substance in 2003 when police alleged she tried to break into a former boyfriend's home.

Love, the former lead singer for the band Hole, is on probation in three separate cases.

The judge ordered her back to court Sept. 16 for sentencing on the probation violations.

MannyIsGod
08-20-2005, 03:04 PM
I'm so tired of seeing this murdering bitch get over. It doesn't matter, though. She'll fuck up again. She's one big fuck up and I look forward to the day she's behind bars where she belongs.

SpursWoman
08-20-2005, 03:17 PM
That is absolutely ridiculous. :fro