PDA

View Full Version : Reminder: $250 Draft Today

timvp
08-20-2005, 03:05 PM
The $250 dollar league draft is today at 4PM central time.

You know who you are and you know where to be.

:smokin

Kori Ellis
08-20-2005, 03:06 PM
And AlamoSpursFan - if you aren't in the draft, our trade is off. I'm not going to pick who you want at number 2 if you aren't even there to pick for me.

So get your ass there. :)

ZStomp
08-20-2005, 03:07 PM
I'm there!

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-20-2005, 03:18 PM
And AlamoSpursFan - if you aren't in the draft, our trade is off. I'm not going to pick who you want at number 2 if you aren't even there to pick for me.

So get your ass there. :)

I'll pick for him.

With the second pick in the Spurstalk 250 Draft, the Shaftesbury Hooligans trade their first and second round selections to The Blaze for a Jammin 94.1 giftpack.

http://www.spurstalk.com/house061.jpg

Kori Ellis
08-20-2005, 03:53 PM
Six minutes til draft time. Still people not there yet.

Get in the room.

scott
08-20-2005, 06:51 PM
Results?

Kori Ellis
08-20-2005, 06:53 PM
It just finished a few minutes ago. Guru is putting through the pre-draft trades right now.

scott
08-20-2005, 06:55 PM
After the tongue lashing I got last year for my "analysis" of the draft, I won't comment... I just want to see for research purposes.

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-20-2005, 06:57 PM
Oh, just comment.

That's what makes it fun.

Mr Dio
08-20-2005, 06:59 PM
Yeah, tell them how bad my team is going to kick their team's asses!

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-20-2005, 07:02 PM
The Blaze (2nd Place in 2004)

QB - Trent Green, KC
QB - Byron Leftwich, JAC
QB - Alex Smith, SF

RB - Priest Holmes, KC
RB - Jerome Bettis, PIT
RB - Mike Anderson, DEN
RB - Nick Goings, CAR

WR - Marvin Harrison, IND
WR - Ashley Lelie, DEN
WR - Chad Johnson, CIN
WR - Peter Warrick, CIN
WR - Reggie Brown, PHI
WR - Terry Glenn, DAL
WR - Reggie Williams, JAC

TE - Alge Crumpler, ATL
TE - Mark Campbell, BUF

K - Matt Stover, BAL
K - Lawrence Tynes, KC

DEF - Atlanta
DEF - Minnesota

Kori Ellis
08-20-2005, 07:02 PM
Here's my team. I had 2nd pick but I traded 1:2, 4:11, 7:2 for 1:11, 3:11, 4:2.

QB's
M. Hasselbeck
B. Rothlesberger

RB's
B. Westbrook
T. Barber
D. Foster
T. Jones
C. Williams

WR's
T. Owens
P. Burress
J. Horn
E. Moulds
D. Givens
G. Lewis
A. Davis
K. Osgood
M. Booker

TE's
M. Pollard
A. Becht

K
J.Reed

D
NY Jets

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-20-2005, 07:03 PM
As you can see, I'm going to be watching a lot of AFC West football. :lol

angel_luv
08-20-2005, 07:07 PM
Clueless Angel available to be team cheer leader. = ) Any takers?

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-20-2005, 07:09 PM
Clueless Angel available to be team cheer leader. = ) Any takers?

Right here!

angel_luv
08-20-2005, 07:14 PM
All right! = ) What's the name of my new favorite team?

T Park
08-20-2005, 07:15 PM
what about me.

I was the orginal Rasho homer in the forum.

T Park
08-20-2005, 07:20 PM
QB
Kerry Collins
Carson Palmer
Billy Volek
Kelly Holcomb

RBs
Deuce Mcallister
Marcell Shipp
Ruben Droughns

WRs
TJ Houshmanzadeh
Torry Holt
Antwan Randle El
Kevin Curtis
Joe Jurevicius
Bryant Johnson
Mark Clayton

TE
Jeremy Shockey
Ben Troupe

K
David Akers
Ryan Longwell

Defense

Baltimore
Pittsburgh

angel_luv
08-20-2005, 07:22 PM
Sounds like a conflict of interest, but I'll sneak in some happy thoughts for you anyway.

T Park
08-20-2005, 07:23 PM
Sounds like a conflict of interest

lol I dont see how....

Mr Dio
08-20-2005, 07:28 PM
All right! = ) What's the name of my new favorite team?

Angel! You have to cheer for me to win because we both have the same awesome taste in cars.

Mr Dio
08-20-2005, 09:55 PM
QB
----
Marc Bulger
Steve McNair

WR
-----
Roy Williams
Larry Fitzgerald
Mike Williams
Keary Colbert
Darius Watts
Tyrone Calico
Shaun McDonald
Matt Jones

RB
-----
Jamal Lewis
Julius Jones
Ronnie Brown
Eric Shelton
Derrick Blaylock

TE
-----
Dallas Clark
Jeb Putzier

Def
-----
NE
Dallas

Kicker- Jeff Wilkins

Guru of Nothing
08-20-2005, 11:01 PM
My team sucks!

angel_luv
08-21-2005, 12:05 AM
lol I dont see how....

Angel! You have to cheer for me to win because we both have the same awesome taste in cars.

:elephant I hope and expect that the both of you will do very well. :elephant

But (Sorry Johnny Blaze!) I have decided that Kori's team is my favorite. We girls have to stick together! = )

Trainwreck2100
08-21-2005, 12:12 AM
what about me.

I was the orginal Rasho homer in the forum.

Don't forget the $50 now.

King
08-21-2005, 12:33 AM
Blaze - Outside of Priest, you have a weak backfield. Three of the guys aren't starters on their own teams, so you're banking on a lot of injuries. Bettis may get goalline, but Staley (pending health) will get the lions share of Pitts yards/carries. Goings is #3 behind Foster and Davis (although it's entirely possible they'll miss time) and Anderson is a FB in Denver's gridlocked backfield. Truth be told, probably #3 behind Bell and Griffin. I'd look to trade Harrison or Johnson for a good RB (maybe a Dillon or Curtis Martin type). You'll still have a top 5 WR in whomever you keep, and a lot of good players in Lelie, Glenn, and Brown (solely based on Phi's depleted WRs) more than enough firepower at WR to keep you in competitive, if you beef up the backfield. Leagues are won with RBs, and you've only got one guy who will get consistent carries.

Kori - Solid team top to bottom. Great WRs, solid backfield, and one of the better fantasy QBs.

TPark - Outside of Holt, you have no WRs. Houshmandzedeh won't repeat his year last year, which was only pretty good. And if you take out two of his games (weeks 13 and 14) his numbers drop by 22 receptions and about 350 yards and 3 TDs. Definitely skewed his value. I imagine the numbers after removing those games are about what TJ is really worth. Mark Clayton may come up big, and you'd better hope he does. There's also really no reason to carry 4 QBs on a team, especially when two of them are backups, and not for players on your team.

Dio - You're banking on a lot of young WRs, but they all could come up huge. Great backfield. Good QBs. Solid team. You MAY want to try and trade for at least a sure thing at WR, but Roy Williams could be a bonafide #1. Not a Harrison/Moss type, but maybe Moulds/Horn. I hate Matt Jones.

Guru of Nothing
08-21-2005, 01:06 AM
Here is my suckass team

QB: significant weakness - Jake Delhomme and Kyle Boller (mister 2 INTs tonight)

RB: Edge, Ahman, Chrissy/Travis, Marshall Faulk, Chester Taylor

WR: Javon, Mi.Clayton, Lee Evan (my obligatory reach), Keyshawn, Stallworth, Antonio Bryant, Michael Jenkins and Eric Parker (EPark)

TE: suck - Chris Cooley-Aid

K: Kaeding (it was a dare)

D: Cincy and Jax

Seriously, I'm not happy with my roster. Hopefully, I'll steal a high score here and there.

Guru of Nothing
08-21-2005, 01:11 AM
B. Westbrook
T. Barber

Imagine if we scored 1 point per reception.

Wow!!

T Park
08-21-2005, 01:51 AM
Yeah we gotta work on that point per reception deal.

King,

your overlooking guys like Randle El, who will be starting full time replacing Plaxico Burress, Bryant Johnson has a shot with the Cardinals and Warner..
Kevin Curtis might be getting more looks and trying to work him in to replace Issac Bruce.

Easy to critisize when you dont know who was available at the time.

4 quarter backs is a great thing.

Holcombe and Volek will start 75% of the games this year, so then they become trade bait for what I need! :)

Horry For 3!
08-21-2005, 01:56 AM
QB
----
Marc Bulger
Steve McNair

WR
-----
Roy Williams
Larry Fitzgerald
Mike Williams
Keary Colbert
Darius Watts
Tyrone Calico
Shaun McDonald
Matt Jones

RB
-----
Jamal Lewis
Julius Jones
Ronnie Brown
Eric Shelton
Derrick Blaylock

TE
-----
Dallas Clark
Jeb Putzier

Def
-----
NE
Dallas

Kicker- Jeff Wilkins
Not too bad.

Horry For 3!
08-21-2005, 01:58 AM
Here is my suckass team

QB: significant weakness - Jake Delhomme and Kyle Boller (mister 2 INTs tonight)

RB: Edge, Ahman, Chrissy/Travis, Marshall Faulk, Chester Taylor

WR: Javon, Mi.Clayton, Lee Evan (my obligatory reach), Keyshawn, Stallworth, Antonio Bryant, Michael Jenkins and Eric Parker (EPark)

TE: suck - Chris Cooley-Aid

K: Kaeding (it was a dare)

D: Cincy and Jax

Seriously, I'm not happy with my roster. Hopefully, I'll steal a high score here and there.
Chris Cooley could have a good year.
Kyle Boller?
And Kaeding just plain out sucks.

Horry For 3!
08-21-2005, 01:59 AM
Dio - You're banking on a lot of young WRs, but they all could come up huge. Great backfield. Good QBs. Solid team. You MAY want to try and trade for at least a sure thing at WR, but Roy Williams could be a bonafide #1. Not a Harrison/Moss type, but maybe Moulds/Horn. I hate Matt Jones.
You might hate him but hes gonna have a huge year. Bank on it.

gospursgojas
08-21-2005, 01:59 AM
What the hell is all this shit HF3!???

Horry For 3!
08-21-2005, 02:00 AM
What the hell is all this shit HF3!???
Fantasy Football.

gospursgojas
08-21-2005, 02:08 AM
Fantasy Football.

Ahhh Im so out of the loop :depressed

Horry For 3!
08-21-2005, 02:09 AM
Ahhh Im so out of the loop :depressed
Fantasy Football is great stuff. :)

timvp
08-21-2005, 04:13 AM
Quarterbacks
Michael Vick
Joey Harrington
Drew Bledsoe

Running Backs
Corey Dillon
Clinton Portis
Michael Bennett
Ladell Betts
Dominic Rhodes
Maurice Morris
Stephen Davis

Wide Receivers
Reggie Wayne
Jimmy Smith
Derrick Mason
Rod Smith
Joey Galloway
Robert Ferguson

Tight Ends
Antonio Gates
Daniel Graham

Defense
Carolina Panthers

Kicker
Sebastian Janikowski

Pretty boring team on paper, but I think I had a very solid draft. I feel better about this draft than either of my two teams last year ... and I won one league and was a couple plays away from winning the other.

Horry For 3!
08-21-2005, 04:43 AM
Quarterbacks
Michael Vick
Joey Harrington
Drew Bledsoe

Running Backs
Corey Dillon
Clinton Portis
Michael Bennett
Ladell Betts
Dominic Rhodes
Maurice Morris
Stephen Davis

Wide Receivers
Reggie Wayne
Jimmy Smith
Derrick Mason
Rod Smith
Joey Galloway
Robert Ferguson

Tight Ends
Antonio Gates
Daniel Graham

Defense
Carolina Panthers

Kicker
Sebastian Janikowski

Pretty boring team on paper, but I think I had a very solid draft. I feel better about this draft than either of my two teams last year ... and I won one league and was a couple plays away from winning the other.
Pretty good.

kris
08-21-2005, 05:35 AM
I think Dio's team is the best. We think a lot alike. Roy Williams will break out this year and he got very solid rb's and an upper echelon qb. Darius Watts was your only screw up. Jerry Rice took his roster spot.

scott
08-21-2005, 10:19 AM
Jesus GoN, you could have paid me $250 to kick you in the nuts and I'm not sure you'd be any worse off.

Mr. Dio's RB's make him a force to reakon with.

I think it is really important for Kori that Foster stays healthy. If he does, she will make a push for league title. TE is a little weak for her, but servicable.

T Park really only has one starting RB. Shipp will be #2 behind Arrington and Droughns at best will be a comittee back with Suggs and Green.

I like Blaze's WR corps and QBs, but same problem as T Park... only one starting RB.

I like LJ's team a lot. Like he said, it isn't the sexiest, but it will be consistent. Could be in trouble if Vick or the starting RB's go down. But a very solid starting lineup. FYI, Gates is suspsended for the 1st game of the year vs. Dallas if you didn't know.

GoN actually doesn't have that bad of a team. Delhomme put up pretty decent fantasy stats last year, but loses Mohammed although gets Steve Smith back plus Rod Gardner. I like his RBs. His WR's are the big names, but they are the solid names. WR is probably the most overrated position in FF, so I doubt he's really losing anything. Chris Cooley speaks for himself though!

Guru of Nothing
08-21-2005, 10:40 AM
Jesus GoN, you could have paid me $250 to kick you in the nuts and I'm not sure you'd be any worse off.

I played it close to the vest. I'm saving my best effort to kick your ass in the $15 league.

Mr Dio
08-21-2005, 12:37 PM

:lol

Damn, I almost pissed myself laughing at that one.

Guru of Nothing
08-21-2005, 10:44 PM

'fess up Scott, you scoffed my Antonio Gates pick last year.

Horry For 3!
08-21-2005, 10:52 PM
I like Dio & Timvp's teams.

Guru of Nothing
08-21-2005, 11:24 PM
Blaze - Outside of Priest, you have a weak backfield. Three of the guys aren't starters on their own teams, so you're banking on a lot of injuries. Bettis may get goalline, but Staley (pending health) will get the lions share of Pitts yards/carries. Goings is #3 behind Foster and Davis (although it's entirely possible they'll miss time) and Anderson is a FB in Denver's gridlocked backfield. Truth be told, probably #3 behind Bell and Griffin. I'd look to trade Harrison or Johnson for a good RB (maybe a Dillon or Curtis Martin type). You'll still have a top 5 WR in whomever you keep, and a lot of good players in Lelie, Glenn, and Brown (solely based on Phi's depleted WRs) more than enough firepower at WR to keep you in competitive, if you beef up the backfield. Leagues are won with RBs, and you've only got one guy who will get consistent carries.

Kori - Solid team top to bottom. Great WRs, solid backfield, and one of the better fantasy QBs.

TPark - Outside of Holt, you have no WRs. Houshmandzedeh won't repeat his year last year, which was only pretty good. And if you take out two of his games (weeks 13 and 14) his numbers drop by 22 receptions and about 350 yards and 3 TDs. Definitely skewed his value. I imagine the numbers after removing those games are about what TJ is really worth. Mark Clayton may come up big, and you'd better hope he does. There's also really no reason to carry 4 QBs on a team, especially when two of them are backups, and not for players on your team.

Nice editorial.

Are you familiar with the league's scoring setup?

AlamoSpursFan
08-21-2005, 11:26 PM
Shaftesbury Hooligans:

QB

Donovan McNabb
Drew Brees
Patrick Ramsey *
Trent Dilfer *

RB

LaDanian Tomlinson
Corell Buckhalter
Cedric Benson

WR

Jerry Porter
Santana Moss
Brandon Stokley
David Boston
Marcus Robinson *
Jerome Pathon *

TE

Jason Witten
Jimmy Kleinsasser *
Eric Johnson *

K

Adam Vinatieri
John Hall *

DEF

Tampa Bay
Seattle *

* - Selected Automatically after I left the draft

Guru of Nothing
08-21-2005, 11:34 PM
Shaftesbury Hooligans:

QB

Donovan McNabb
Drew Brees
Patrick Ramsey *
Trent Dilfer *

RB

LaDanian Tomlinson
Corell Buckhalter
Cedric Benson

WR

Jerry Porter
Santana Moss
Brandon Stokley
David Boston
Marcus Robinson *
Jerome Pathon *

TE

Jason Witten
Jimmy Kleinsasser *
Eric Johnson *

K

Adam Vinatieri
John Hall *

DEF

Tampa Bay
Seattle *

* - Selected Automatically after I left the draft

Wow, you are hurting at RB depth. The light of day might change my mind, but holler if you are interested in Travis Henry for Brees.

Horry For 3!
08-22-2005, 12:04 AM
Wow, you are hurting at RB depth. The light of day might change my mind, but holler if you are interested in Travis Henry for Brees.
Henry for Brees? Chris Brown will be starting. :smokin

AlamoSpursFan
08-22-2005, 12:14 AM
I might consider Brees for Edgerrin James...

T Park
08-22-2005, 12:17 AM
Id rather have Ramsay.

Improved O line, some targets to throw at.

Ramsay might have a good year....

AlamoSpursFan
08-22-2005, 12:18 AM
I would definitely do Ramsey for Henry...

Horry For 3!
08-22-2005, 12:24 AM
Id rather have Ramsay.

Improved O line, some targets to throw at.

Ramsay might have a good year....
Its Ramsey and he sucks. Jason Campbell will be the starter soon for the Redskins this season.

kris
08-23-2005, 01:50 PM
Quarterbacks
Michael Vick
Joey Harrington
Drew Bledsoe

Running Backs
Corey Dillon
Clinton Portis
Michael Bennett
Ladell Betts
Dominic Rhodes
Maurice Morris
Stephen Davis

Wide Receivers
Reggie Wayne
Jimmy Smith
Derrick Mason
Rod Smith
Joey Galloway
Robert Ferguson

Tight Ends
Antonio Gates
Daniel Graham

Defense
Carolina Panthers

Kicker
Sebastian Janikowski

He took a risk and it paid off with Gates. Gates signed a 6 year deal and could be the cornerstone of this fantasy team. Vick and Portis are the question marks. They had poor seasons last year, but there is pretty much nowhere to go for them except up.

Could be trophy worthy.

T Park
09-18-2005, 06:53 PM

Apology accepted.

Horry For 3!
09-18-2005, 06:59 PM
QB
Kerry Collins
Carson Palmer
Billy Volek
Kelly Holcomb

RBs
Deuce Mcallister
Marcell Shipp
Ruben Droughns

WRs
TJ Houshmanzadeh
Torry Holt
Antwan Randle El
Kevin Curtis
Joe Jurevicius
Bryant Johnson
Mark Clayton

TE
Jeremy Shockey
Ben Troupe

K
David Akers
Ryan Longwell

Defense

Baltimore
Pittsburgh
Pretty good so far for you

Kori Ellis
09-18-2005, 07:05 PM
I won Week 1 -- high score in the league. (Yes, $100 in my pocket).

And I'm winning Week 2. I have 105 points so far and the nearest person has 83. I have 3 players left to go -- Barber, Burress and Horn.

Horry For 3!
09-18-2005, 07:08 PM
I won Week 1 -- high score in the league. (Yes, $100 in my pocket).

And I'm winning Week 2. I have 105 points so far and the nearest person has 83. I have 3 players left to go -- Barber, Burress and Horn.
I thought it was if you were the high scorer for 2 weeks in a row?

Kori Ellis
09-18-2005, 07:09 PM
I thought it was if you were the high scorer for 2 weeks in a row?

No, it's $100 each week that you are the high scorer for the first 14 weeks.

Horry For 3!
09-18-2005, 07:11 PM
No, it's $100 each week that you are the high scorer for the first 14 weeks.
Oh, alright. I guess yall changed it or I read something different.

timvp
09-18-2005, 07:12 PM
Over the last two years, my team has a pretty damn good record ... except when I play AlamoSpursFans. I'm now 0-3 against him in the last two years. The problem is his QBs always go off against me. Last year he had Peyton Manning and this year he has McNabb. In the three games against me, his QBs seriously have like 15 TDs.

:flipoff

P.S.

It doesn't help that he also has LT.

Kori Ellis
09-18-2005, 07:13 PM
Oh, alright. I guess yall changed it or I read something different.

You probably read the initial ideas. But we voted on $100 per week. We originally talked about $200 every two weeks.

Horry For 3!
09-18-2005, 07:16 PM
You probably read the initial ideas. But we voted on $100 per week. We originally talked about $200 every two weeks.
Yeah, I read the inital idea.

T Park
10-03-2005, 12:54 AM
ahem.

BUMP again......

T Park
12-04-2005, 08:44 PM
Bump again.

For that horrible TJ Houshmandzadeh.

Who wont have that close to that great a season.

RIGHT KING??

Will bump this thread continuously till King responds. :)

tlongII
12-04-2005, 09:03 PM
Bump again.

For that horrible TJ Houshmandzadeh.

Who wont have that close to that great a season.

RIGHT KING??

Will bump this thread continuously till King responds. :)

TJ is an excellent receiver. Former Oregon State Beaver!

Why didn't anybody pick Shaun Alexander??? Are you NUTS!!!

T Park
12-04-2005, 09:20 PM
Ohh king,

where are you??

Kori Ellis
12-04-2005, 10:34 PM
Why didn't anybody pick Shaun Alexander??? Are you NUTS!!!

:lmao

Someone did.

King
12-04-2005, 10:46 PM
Haha, sorry didn't see this...TJs last two games have been great. But, where were these call-outs in weeks 1, 7, 9, and 11? I'll admit that he's doing better than I thought he would, due in large part to the defense Chad Johnson commands, and Carson Palmer's becoming a top tier QB - but he's still really no better than a #3 fantasy wise - (but admittedly, he'd be a #1 on my current team.)

I'll put him somewhere inbetween what we both thought of him.

Jurevicius is huge one week, then absent for three weeks - and he wasn't a starter when you picked him.

Curtis has actually come up pretty big this year.

Randle El, Johnson, and Clayton have been worthless - so I stand by those.

T Park
12-04-2005, 11:11 PM
Randle El has been worthless?

look back a couple weeks ago vs Cleveland.

and Droughns??

You said he was a stiff too.....

King
12-04-2005, 11:50 PM
A few weeks ago against Cleveland he had one pass completion for 51 yards and a TD - and no catches. Maybe your league rewards out of position TDs big, but even so - it's one play, one time - and maybe it helped you win a week. Other than that, he's been, yeah, worthless. He has one receiving TD this year, in week one, and since week three, he hasn't topped 50 yards. If you drafted him for that one play in week 10, then he's paid off in spades. If you wanted a decent week to week option, he's been again, worthless.

If we're going with one week sensations then Frisman Jackson and Alex Smith (TE) are having great years.

And I've never said anything about Droughns. I drafted him in my league, too. I haven't even mentioned him.

T Park
12-05-2005, 12:25 AM
T Park really only has one starting RB. Shipp will be #2 behind Arrington and Droughns at best will be a comittee back with Suggs and Green

I apologize King,

that comment was from Scott.

But still,

your doubting of my man TJ, i just love to bring it up once in a while :D

Hopefully we get to do a roundtable again :)

Horry For 3!
12-05-2005, 01:04 AM
I apologize King,

that comment was from Scott.

But still,

your doubting of my man TJ, i just love to bring it up once in a while :D

Hopefully we get to do a roundtable again :)
What other RB you got besides those 3? Because Shipp hasn't done shit. Droughns is pretty solid though.