PDA

View Full Version : Which of the Big 3 can you see sticking around after retirement?

TMTTRIO
07-19-2014, 10:16 AM
I just was thinking which of the Big 3 can you see sticking around and working with the Spurs in some kind of way after retirement. I could see Tim being involved in some way and Tony possibly being involved in scouting/management. The only one I could see leaving for good is Manu. I know he's said many times he doesn't want to coach and that he wants to move back home. If there's one thing he does is he's going to help develop players especially since Argentina doesn't have many.

Malice
07-19-2014, 10:22 AM
I can see all three retiring into the sun set to their respective countries, making occasional visits to games.

spursfan1000
07-19-2014, 01:39 PM
Parker NO Manu NO Duncan YES

benstanfield
07-19-2014, 02:44 PM
None. TP and Manu will probably go back home, TD will disappear and at most play the David Robinson role every once in a while.

spurraider21
07-19-2014, 02:56 PM
None. TP and Manu will probably go back home, TD will disappear and at most play the David Robinson role every once in a while.
It's what I suspect too. It's disappointing, I would love to see manu coach

doobs
07-19-2014, 03:07 PM
Before his sexting undid his marriage, I expected Parker would stick around in retirement or maybe move to LA. Now that he's with a Frenchie, he's probably going back. Manu is definitely going back.

Duncan will probably split time between SA and USVI. His ladyfriend is from SA, his kids have grown up in SA and are at an age where it makes sense to stay until they're 18, etc.

ironman2886
07-19-2014, 03:22 PM
Duncan stays. Manu will go back to Argentina. Parker is gone.

Brunodf
07-19-2014, 03:26 PM
Big 3 will coach the Spurs to another 5 championships :danceclub

illusioNtEk
07-19-2014, 03:30 PM
all 3 will always have a home here in SA

all 3 are legendary in SA

all 3 are treated like gods in SA

all 3 will one day live and stay in SA

all 3 love SA

all 3 love mexican food

all 3 love the spurs

Vic Petro
07-19-2014, 03:41 PM
Tony Parker definitely has coaching and/or general management in his future, but it'll probably be for Asvel and not San Antonio. He is the most likely though imo.
Ginobili will probably go back to Argentina and try to continue growing the sport there.
Duncan probably becomes a full time dad and earns checks from the Spurs in some sort of consultant role.

tmtcsc
07-19-2014, 05:03 PM
None. Duncan might live here part time for his kids sake. His heart is probably in the Virgin Islands. I wouldn't be surprised if he kept a home in both places.

Skull-1
07-19-2014, 05:04 PM
Not a one.

Brazil
07-19-2014, 05:10 PM

Tp said a million times he wants to stay in San Antonio after he retire

Juggity
07-19-2014, 05:25 PM
Tony Parker definitely has coaching and/or general management in his future, but it'll probably be for Asvel and not San Antonio. He is the most likely though imo.
Ginobili will probably go back to Argentina and try to continue growing the sport there.
Duncan probably becomes a full time dad and earns checks from the Spurs in some sort of consultant role.

If the Asvel logo is any indication, it looks like they're positioning themselves to be a spurs talent factory in the future.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/fr/e/e6/ASVELLyon-Villeurbannelogo2011.png

DAF86
07-19-2014, 06:14 PM
Manu will become an entrepreneur here in Argentina.

illusioNtEk
07-19-2014, 06:27 PM
Manu will become an entrepreneur here in Argentina.

I thought Manu wanted to do politics ?

DAF86
07-19-2014, 06:32 PM
I thought Manu wanted to do politics ?

Practically the same down here.

emanueldavidginobili
07-19-2014, 08:55 PM
can't see Manu, especially with him having 3 kids now

TheWriter
07-19-2014, 09:06 PM
Tim will retire in SA and run his business, probably open up others. Unlikely any of them will be cross fit gyms harhar.

Tony has stated multiple times he will retire in San Antonio. Probably the most likely to do something with the Spurs while also handling duties with Asvel.

Manu will likely return to Argentina.

florige
07-19-2014, 09:13 PM
TD I think is def gone. He seems to be very private kinda like D-Rob. Manu I see going back home. Parker not yet sure what he would be doing. I can't picture him as a coach though. But that being said I also couldn't picture that prick Fisher as a coach either so you never know I guess.

BatManu20
07-19-2014, 09:14 PM
Plot twist: Duncan disappears off the face of the earth, Tony starts his own record label, and Manu takes a FO position with the Lakers.

spursparker9
07-19-2014, 09:28 PM

This

DMC
07-19-2014, 09:47 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I'm tired of seeing Gervin and Dave after ever big win. Move on, fuckers.

superbigtime
07-19-2014, 10:37 PM
I never get tired of seeing any former real Spur. I really don't see Manu sticking around but I think out of his sense of duty and respect he will make a showing in San Antonio for years to come. Tony I think will keep a home in SA as long as it's still fun for him. Who knows Tim may stick around. At the least I think he will have a presence in San Antonio even if it does not remain his permanent home. Pop will pack it up entirely when the time comes.

DMC
07-19-2014, 11:08 PM
I get tired of seeing George, David and, tbh, Bill Russell. Nothing against them, but it's like dragging an old girlfriend to a family reunion... you can see the discomfort in the others faces.

colargol
07-20-2014, 12:57 AM

this

carina_gino20
07-20-2014, 02:06 AM
TD - No
Gino - No
TP - yes. At least, of the 3, he seems to be the one who may go into coaching/FO with the Spurs.

Spurs 4 The Win
07-20-2014, 02:52 AM
I get tired of seeing George, David and, tbh, Bill Russell. Nothing against them, but it's like dragging an old girlfriend to a family reunion... you can see the discomfort in the others faces.

No respect for elders, smh

Ginobili3
07-20-2014, 03:50 AM
Tony may either go to France or stay in the States; I think he'll pursue a GM position in either country. Manu is the same, but I think having his kids grow up here might be what he's considering. TD will go back and forth between here and USVI

ajh18
07-20-2014, 04:04 AM

Yes Tim Duncan looked really uncomfortable jumping int Dave's arms after winning five. Ice and David even moreso are why we HAVE a team in SA, and Robinson was the cultural foundation of the title team we have today. Oh, and he's an owner. Seeing those guys around and still fans is awesome and very much appreciated. And it's hardly like David has had trouble "moving on" from bball...

DAF86
07-20-2014, 07:12 PM
Tony may either go to France or stay in the States; I think he'll pursue a GM position in either country. Manu is the same, but I think having his kids grow up here might be what he's considering. TD will go back and forth between here and USVI

Doubt it, tbh.