PDA

View Full Version : Rewatching some of the playoff games...

ElNono
07-20-2014, 01:06 AM
I've been slowly watching again some of the playoff games this season. The games are so easy on the eyes, truly enjoyable watching some of this stuff again.

My last re-watch was Game 6 against OKC, and jeez, that game could've easily gone to either team. If you still have it on DVR, go ahead and take another look. Cojo was great in the 2nd half, the Spurs run in the 3rd quarter, the OKC comeback in the 4th. IIRC, that was actually the closest win margin on the entire playoffs on a game the Spurs won.

Next up to watch are probably Game 3 and 4 against Miami...

Did you guys re-watch any games from the Portland or Dallas series? I think Game 7 against Dallas was another great game. Any other recommendations?

Splits
07-20-2014, 01:15 AM
I have a TV with 2012 G6 WCF on loop, a 2nd TV with 2013 G6 Finals on loop, and a shower rod.

Sincerely,

Rob Diaz

siraulo23
07-20-2014, 01:16 AM
game 3 and 4 from the mavs series

game 4 especially since the spurs won and how close they were being down 3-1

game 3 of the POR series, just to hear the commentators admire the spurs lol, and a bit of game 5

game 5 and 6 - OKC series, the tnt crew were convinced the thunder were winning game 5 especially after the 1st quarter

the finals? i'll watch the 4th quarter of game 2, then game 3-5 tbh

Spurs 4 The Win
07-20-2014, 01:17 AM
I have a TV with 2012 G6 WCF on loop, a 2nd TV with 2013 G6 Finals on loop, and a shower rod.

Sincerely,

Rob Diaz
A rigged game and an all time choke, he is a glutton for punishment. Also, game 4 vs Dallas was closest game in terms of margin

Mikeanaro
07-20-2014, 01:20 AM
IŽll say Dallas Game 1 Spurs were slow and miles away from the team that reached its final form vs Miami.
Need to get some games from the Portland series.

Mikeanaro
07-20-2014, 01:21 AM

Sincerely,

Rob Diaz
Lol its tank time.

Sean Cagney
07-20-2014, 01:33 AM
IŽll say Dallas Game 1 Spurs were slow and miles away from the team that reached its final form vs Miami.
Need to get some games from the Portland series.

I agree, I thought when watching that team in games one and two no way they make it past the 2nd round or WCF at best! THANK GOD they stepped it up miles after that game there, bigtime. Game 7 started the full step up and they never let up after that. Portland series was a flat out joke, I only remember one game really and thats the one they actually won and I was upset for one night, the rest of the games were just a flat out ass kicking, perfect bball.

SpursFan86
07-20-2014, 01:40 AM
I re-watched Game 5 of the Finals the other night. Got chills towards the end when Pop was taking the big 3 out one by one and they'd hug everyone on the sidelines.

Not gonna lie, that Game 6 against OKC had my blood pressure going through the roof. I was watching it with friends and I was having to try so hard not to have a complete meltdown and look like an idiot :lol Pretty sure I said "We're really going to fucking choke this series away aren't we?!" at least 3 or 4 times. Then when Ibaka got away with goaltending I started throwing a damn temper tantrum lmao.

As for other games, Game 7 against Dallas was nice and as others have said, that was when we really kicked it up into postseason form IMO. Game 5 against Portland was pretty good; I remember Kawhi went off in that game. Game 4 against Dallas was when Manu went stupid (in a good way) and I believe when Splitter of all people carried us in the 4th :lol

I was there live for Games 1 and 2 against OKC and while I haven't watched them again yet, I remember them being insanely fun...but a lot of that probably has to do with the fact I was drunk as hell and watching it live.

Ron Swanson
07-20-2014, 01:43 AM
I've watched Game 3 of the Finals a lot. Their response to Game 2 is nothing short of amazing.

Spurs 4 The Win
07-20-2014, 01:51 AM
Could someone PM me some information on how i could download game 7 of the mavs series? I have looked on Itunes and it isnt available and the full game is not on youtube to my knowledge.

apalisoc_9
07-20-2014, 01:52 AM
Re-watched the whole OKC and Miami series...Some things i didn't even notice before.

- Kawhi acutally started to become more aggresive in game 6 of the WCF. In games 1 and 2 he was aggressive and looking to shoot when he was on the floor but got in foul trouble that limited his touches.

- Tony's work on the defensive end against Miami was underrated IMO. He kept his ground.

- There's two spurs team..offensively speaking that is.

1. Tony Parker and Tim Duncan show

2. the whole team passing the ball around...

The first one was thankfully abolished later in the OKC series...Gotta stop having spells of 1.

scanry
07-20-2014, 01:54 AM
I actually couldn't watch any previous games from the title years after rewatching this year's games.. Heck even the 2005 Suns series bored me to death.

What the Spurs accomplished this year is truly amazing. The way they shared the ball.

carina_gino20
07-20-2014, 02:01 AM
Can't remember how many times i've watched gms 3-5 vs miami. Game 3 1st half is so much fun but I hate that 3rd q. :lol Game 4 was the most dominant and complete 48 min game from the Spurs.

Of other series, I've watched some replays from the Mavs and OKC. Planning to rewatch all 16 wins. While watching the Mavs Game 1, it was jarring how the offense was light years away from what we saw in the Finals. I think the Spurs just took all the punches in each round and used those to get even stronger for the next.

Mikeanaro
07-20-2014, 02:04 AM
I agree, I thought when watching that team in games one and two no way they make it past the 2nd round or WCF at best! THANK GOD they stepped it up miles after that game there, bigtime. Game 7 started the full step up and they never let up after that. Portland series was a flat out joke, I only remember one game really and thats the one they actually won and I was upset for one night, the rest of the games were just a flat out ass kicking, perfect bball.
Those first 2 games were like a big turd we all have been there right??? Lol, I think Portland gave his all against Houston and had no real answers against a more defensive opponent but that series against Harden and Howard was real nice head to head nose to nose Lillard with the clutch shot and Howard making faces...priceless.

Prime Time
07-20-2014, 02:25 AM
Game 1 vs. Miami was probably the most entertaining finals game for me. I mean, Game 5 was obviously the most fun but the game was never really close. It was Miami for the first 6 minutes or so, Spurs for the rest of the game. Would've been a 30pt blowout if James didn't go bananas at the start.

I still can't believe the Spurs beat OKC. They're going to be even tougher next season, added experience AND revenge on their minds.

Mnky
07-20-2014, 03:41 AM
I've watched Game 3 of the Finals a lot. Their response to Game 2 is nothing short of amazing.

Warlord23
07-20-2014, 03:49 AM
Top 5 games
1. Game 6 vs OKC
2. Game 3 vs Heat
3. Game 4 vs Heat
4. Game 5 vs Heat
5. Game 7 vs Mavs

noxious
07-20-2014, 04:04 AM
been watching games 3, 4 and 5 of the finals when im bored. i wish i had the other playoff games too. i really want to re-watch the portland series. :)

baseline bum
07-20-2014, 07:57 AM
I've been slowly watching again some of the playoff games this season. The games are so easy on the eyes, truly enjoyable watching some of this stuff again.

My last re-watch was Game 6 against OKC, and jeez, that game could've easily gone to either team. If you still have it on DVR, go ahead and take another look. Cojo was great in the 2nd half, the Spurs run in the 3rd quarter, the OKC comeback in the 4th. IIRC, that was actually the closest win margin on the entire playoffs on a game the Spurs won.

Did you guys re-watch any games from the Portland or Dallas series? I think Game 7 against Dallas was another great game. Any other recommendations?

Prime Danny Crawford was a hell of a difficult matchup tbh

baseline bum
07-20-2014, 08:01 AM
Game 1 of the Finals: I mean how many times are you going to see a team shoot 14-16 in the fourth quarter of a playoff game?

UZER
07-20-2014, 08:59 AM
I've rewatched OKC game 6. Favorite win of this playoff run. Most emotionally draining game this season. I was exhausted after watching the game like I had just had worked out for 3 hours.

It was a combination of wanting revenge for '12, the Ibaka "miracle" return, Westbrook (enough said), Scott Brooks blantant free throw comments, the KD MVP speech replays every 5 seconds, Perkins constant fouling with no calls, and the announcers over the top OKC ass kissing all hanging in the balance in the 4th qtr and overtime of that game.

Watching it live, I knew Leonard's steal from WB was huge in the moment, but rewatching I realized how much bigger that steat was in the overall picture.

Manu said something during the parade which I appreciated. It was something to the effect of, game 6 hurt really bad last year and probably hurt just as bad for you fans. I though that was a really cool acknowledgement from a player recognizing that fans do get emotionally involved in their team.

Dex
07-20-2014, 09:03 AM

I just re-watched Game 1 of the Mavericks series the other day (which was the first time since attending the game). Incredible game by our Big 3, almost harkened back to their glory days. The incredible run the Spurs used to climb out of a late hole and save that game was easily forgotten after the rest of the drama in that series.

Dex
07-20-2014, 09:05 AM
Re-watched the whole OKC and Miami series...Some things i didn't even notice before.

- Kawhi acutally started to become more aggresive in game 6 of the WCF. In games 1 and 2 he was aggressive and looking to shoot when he was on the floor but got in foul trouble that limited his touches.

- Tony's work on the defensive end against Miami was underrated IMO. He kept his ground.

- There's two spurs team..offensively speaking that is.

1. Tony Parker and Tim Duncan show

2. the whole team passing the ball around...

The first one was thankfully abolished later in the OKC series...Gotta stop having spells of 1.

1+Manu Ginobili is the reason we were able to win the Mavs series.

dbreiden83080
07-20-2014, 10:11 AM
OKC in spite of their undisciplined style of play still have it all to win a title or even multiple titles. I still think their time is coming and maybe it's next year..

dabom
07-20-2014, 10:14 AM
Top 5 games
1. Game 6 vs OKC
2. Game 3 vs Heat
3. Game 4 vs Heat
4. Game 5 vs Heat
5. Game 7 vs Mavs

I would have
1 game 6 okc
2 game 5 heat
3 game 7 mavs
4 game 4 heat
5 game 3 heat

pgardn
07-20-2014, 10:22 AM
OKC in spite of their undisciplined style of play still have it all to win a title or even multiple titles. I still think their time is coming and maybe it's next year..

Scotty Brooks makes it all ok.
I see Westbrook getting injured again with the minutes put on him.
Balls to the Wall even during the regular season. He's gonna break down if Scotty does not get it.
Because of their lack of ball movement Durant and Westbrook wear down. You could see it against us.

Warlord23
07-20-2014, 10:26 AM
I would have
1 game 6 okc
2 game 5 heat
3 game 7 mavs
4 game 4 heat
5 game 3 heat

I get your logic in putting closeout games first, but the tension going into Game 3 vs the Heat was immense after losing Game 2 at home. And the Spurs put on a 71 point smack down in the first half - unbelievable offensive execution. Game 4 everyone expected the Heat to respond, and the Spurs crushed them again. Game 5, despite the slow start was anticipated to be a comfortable win before tipoff.

Warlord23
07-20-2014, 10:30 AM
Scotty Brooks makes it all ok.
I see Westbrook getting injured again with the minutes put on him.
Balls to the Wall even during the regular season. He's gonna break down if Scotty does not get it.
Because of their lack of ball movement Durant and Westbrook wear down. You could see it against us.

Yeah Scotty is our biggest advantage over the Thunder. He responds to a weak bench performance by moving Reggie Jackson into the starting unit, thereby reducing their bench production to almost zero.

But if Durant develops a post game and Westbrook doesn't break down they still have a big enough talent advantage to win a title despite Scotty

Jenks
07-20-2014, 10:41 AM
Here's a fun one, go watch Baynes surprise the shit out of Portland in the first half of game 1.

http://4ca03fhcpiv4bsn7vbg2ef11td.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Aaron-Baynes.jpg

dabom
07-20-2014, 10:45 AM
I get your logic in putting closeout games first, but the tension going into Game 3 vs the Heat was immense after losing Game 2 at home. And the Spurs put on a 71 point smack down in the first half - unbelievable offensive execution. Game 4 everyone expected the Heat to respond, and the Spurs crushed them again. Game 5, despite the slow start was anticipated to be a comfortable win before tipoff.

We both agree on OKC first.
2 Winning a championship and seeing everyone being called to the bench and all the emotion of winning another ring has to be one of the must watch games of the series
3 Game seven of the MAVS was a MUST win for obvious reasons, but there was a lot of doubt going into that game. Lot of legacies on the line.
GAme 3 and 4 vs the heat could be a toss up for me.

RD2191
07-20-2014, 11:13 AM

Sincerely,

Rob Diaz
:lmao

soxxx
07-20-2014, 11:23 AM
Rewatch game 4 in the Mavs series, people forget we were minutes away from falling down 3-1. That would have truly sucked.

703 Spurz
07-20-2014, 11:50 AM

I only have Game 5 of the NBA Finals on DVR and I've rewatched it about 6 times already. Pure beauty.

barbacoataco
07-20-2014, 11:50 AM
I've been re-watching and these are some observations
1. Any time I'm in a bad mood I can watch some of games 3 or 4 of the Miami series and I feel better.
2. Duncan had a great playoffs. Every time the offense got stuck they went to him in the post. And that crucial OT win against OKC was all Duncan. Also great defense.
3. Spurs had some incredible 3 pt shooting. Green versus OKC was huge. Spurs had 8 players who shot the 3 pt well. No other championship Spurs team had that many shooters.
4. Duncan and Ginobili came up big against OKC
5. Miami actually played pretty well especially on the offensive end. They just got overwhelmed by the Spurs offense and Chalmers and Wade had terrible series.
6. One of the advantages of having a deep team and bench is that in different match ups you can use different weapons. MarcoB had a great series against Portland because it was a good match up for him. I think often people on think of having a good bench as something you do only to save minutes on your starters. But there is also the advantage that you can adjust to different match up problems with a different lineup.

Sean Cagney
07-20-2014, 12:48 PM
Rewatch game 4 in the Mavs series, people forget we were minutes away from falling down 3-1. That would have truly sucked.

Diaws three was the biggest shot of the playoffs IMO.

ElNono
07-20-2014, 01:17 PM

phxspurfan
07-20-2014, 01:42 PM
I re-watched 2014 finals game 1 and noticed just how huge our A/C asterisk was for the series. If the Heat had won game 1 (which was likely to happen if LeBron didn't cramp up), this would have at least been a 7 game series, we may have been talking 3 peat for the Heat, and LeBron back in Miami for the Shabazz Napier Experience.

spurs10
07-20-2014, 01:49 PM
I've been slowly watching again some of the playoff games this season. The games are so easy on the eyes, truly enjoyable watching some of this stuff again. My last re-watch was Game 6 against OKC, and jeez, that game could've easily gone to either team. If you still have it on DVR, go ahead and take another look. Cojo was great in the 2nd half, the Spurs run in the 3rd quarter, the OKC comeback in the 4th. IIRC, that was actually the closest win margin on the entire playoffs on a game the Spurs won. Next up to watch are probably Game 3 and 4 against Miami... Did you guys re-watch any games from the Portland or Dallas series? I think Game 7 against Dallas was another great game. Any other recommendations? I have been watching Finals games 3,4,& 5 in sections since the glorious day of June, 15 2014. I had the OT of Game 6 on my DVR, but lost it. I'm hoping the DVD has select portions of all the series. It truly is enjoyable to watch and a lot less stressful! In game 5 I couldn't relax until the final buzzer....even though we were up by a hundred. I realize I'm biased, but I believe this is the most amazing story of redemption in the modern history of sports.

timtonymanu
07-20-2014, 02:04 PM

Agreed. That game is up there with Game 6 against OKC for me. I kept screaming and yelling.

timtonymanu
07-20-2014, 02:04 PM
Wish I had copies of the games. :(

TE
07-20-2014, 02:26 PM
I've watched highlights and parts of every game just not full games. How are you all getting full games? Can I buy/download them anywhere?

RD2191
07-20-2014, 02:31 PM
I re-watched 2014 finals game 1 and noticed just how huge our A/C asterisk was for the series. If the Heat had won game 1 (which was likely to happen if LeBron didn't cramp up), this would have at least been a 7 game series, we may have been talking 3 peat for the Heat, and LeBron back in Miami for the Shabazz Napier Experience.
:lmao

Dre_7
07-20-2014, 02:34 PM

I honestly think the Spurs would have won game 2 if MIA had won game 1.

But, with the way the Spurs shot in the 4th qtr, they probably still would have won that game if James stayed in.

Mel_13
07-20-2014, 02:36 PM
I've watched highlights and parts of every game just not full games. How are you all getting full games? Can I buy/download them anywhere?

Finals: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KVNA35S/ref=dv_dp_ep1

WCF: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KGRHZKU/ref=dv_dp_ep1

Round 1, Games 1 and 4: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KE40L10/ref=dv_dp_ep10

TE
07-20-2014, 02:37 PM
Most memorable game for me was Game 3 of the Mavs series. I was at a bar and I got into it with some Mav bandwagoners/Spurs haters. I wish I could see that fucker now; if it so happens you stumble on the forum and read this thread: kiss the rings sucka

5>1

TE
07-20-2014, 02:38 PM

Round 1, Games 1 and 4: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KE40L10/ref=dv_dp_ep10

Whoa, cheaper than I thought. Thanks.

xmas1997
07-20-2014, 02:38 PM
I think Miami was lucky to escape frpm being swept.
And I know they were lucky last year when they won game 6, they should have lost last year.

TE
07-20-2014, 02:40 PM

The Spurs would've still won the series. I admit losing hope after game 2, that was a gut wrenching loss tbh

Whataburger
07-20-2014, 02:55 PM
I rewatched game 5 last night. Parker took a lot of heat for how he played, but he literally killed every hope Miami had in the 4th qtr. It's not how you start it's how you finish.

vander
07-20-2014, 04:19 PM
I rewatched game 5 last night. Parker took a lot of heat for how he played, but he literally killed every hope Miami had in the 4th qtr. It's not how you start it's how you finish.

there was already no hope,

baseline bum
07-20-2014, 04:25 PM

Really? The Spurs dominate them in four of the five games, and they only won Game 1 because of the fucking A/C?

Splits
07-20-2014, 04:33 PM

With the ultraviolence the Spurs put on their opponents, I can't believe Amazon rates those as "TV-G". Should be NR-17...

ElNono
07-20-2014, 04:35 PM

Hopper with Sling, 2TB of DVR storage goodness, and you can archive to an external HD too... highly recommend if you're a Dish customer.

Also, as Mel said, Amazon has some games and I'm sure you can find some online too.

Mikeanaro
07-20-2014, 05:09 PM
I don't download shit off the internet, bad experiences. So I don't care to look for them by doing google searching. Rather I'd buy it from a reputable online sale's site.

Thanks for the concern tho.
I can PM you a place where I downl games just let me know.

Malice
07-20-2014, 05:14 PM
Here's a fun one, go watch Baynes surprise the shit out of Portland in the first half of game 1.

http://4ca03fhcpiv4bsn7vbg2ef11td.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Aaron-Baynes.jpg

Just did. I forgot how dominant we were in that game...broke their spirit, set the tone for the series out the gate.

tmtcsc
07-20-2014, 05:32 PM
I've been watching game 6 WCF and games 3,4 & 5 from the Finals pretty regularly. The Spurs were so awesome. Its hard to believe they still have the "old and boring" stigma attached to them. -- Not so much anymore but to some retards.

I have no desire to watch any game from the Dallas series. Not even game 7. That series was a big waste of time and energy. It should have been a sweep but the Spurs didn't take the Mavs seriously. I guess it was a necessary evil and served as a wake-up call but it was pretty disappointing. The Spurs are so much better than the Mavs and to have those fools win 3 games was silly.

The Portland series was a blur and the biggest surprise of all. If anyone wants to argue that the regular season means something, just direct them to the ass-whooping the Spurs delivered to the Blazers in the 2013-2014 playoffs. Complete domination.

The OKC series was fun until the Spurs bought in to the Ibaka hype. All but Leonard and CoJo that is. To me, seeing the young guys shake off the intimidation factor was huge. Over the years, Tim and Tony have played like mental midgets in certain match-ups. I think the Thunder and Ibaka specifically held an edge on the guys. Now that its over and behind them, I have a hard time believing OKC has done anything roster-wise to change things. We took their best punch and slapped em down in 6 games. No more Fisher nonsense, no ore Sefalosha or Harden. They don't match up with us.

And then there was the Heat. I knew it was going to be an ass-whooping of epic proportions. It was so convincing that James could play in Arcade mode and it didn't matter. SPURS !!!!!

phxspurfan
07-20-2014, 05:38 PM
Really? The Spurs dominate them in four of the five games, and they only won Game 1 because of the fucking A/C?

If you re-watch game 1, you'll notice that Miami really had their confidence. Even though Chalmers was sucking, he was still confident, and his team hadn't given up on him yet. Rashard Lewis was ok, but not great. Even when they were losing, Ray Allen was just laughing and joking around with guys. And LeBron, before the 4th, was pretty good. But then the AC got to his steroid muscles and it was over.

That being said, if Miami pulled out game 1 in SA, and then that game 2 loss at the last second, the series would have looked way different. Pop would have probably went with his Diaw adjustment, and won a couple games. But Then Spo/Riley may have well made their own adjustment as the series went back to Miami for game 6. SA would have probably won game 7 on their home floor, but even then, LeBron may not have been so embarrassed and left. Just saying how influential that A/C "breakdown" may have been this year.

Purch
07-20-2014, 05:42 PM
I view this years finals like this. Pop saw how Diaw changed the series against Okc, but he wasn't going to change to that lineup until Miami showed that they couldn't be beat by going big.

So basically to sum it up, I thought Pop would start Diaw the first game after you guys lost. So if you guys lost game 1, I belive he starts Diaw and it ends up a back door sweep

UZER
07-20-2014, 05:48 PM
If you re-watch game 1, you'll notice that Miami really had their confidence. Even though Chalmers was sucking, he was still confident, and his team hadn't given up on him yet. Rashard Lewis was ok, but not great. Even when they were losing, Ray Allen was just laughing and joking around with guys. And LeBron, before the 4th, was pretty good. But then the AC got to his steroid muscles and it was over.

That being said, if Miami pulled out game 1 in SA, and then that game 2 loss at the last second, the series would have looked way different. Pop would have probably went with his Diaw adjustment, and won a couple games. But Then Spo/Riley may have well made their own adjustment as the series went back to Miami for game 6. SA would have probably won game 7 on their home floor, but even then, LeBron may not have been so embarrassed and left. Just saying how influential that A/C "breakdown" may have been this year.

Miami was never gonna be able to keep up their swarming flying around the court defense for 6-7 games with no bench. It lasted as long as it could....two games.

heyheymymy
07-20-2014, 05:49 PM
got a lot of movies on the DVR so i deleted the games after i watched them mostly to save space. it was part superstition as well. but i saved game 5 of the nba finals, gonna re-watch it some time right before next season.

this is a great thread. really brings back the twists and turns of the playoffs throughout the rounds.

jeebus
07-20-2014, 05:50 PM

Just finished watching this game. Gorgeous.

It's amusing. Watching My Nigga Bane go off in this game then watch a summer league game with Errors....it's dumbfounding how Errors got so much more playing time last season than MNB. Pop's love affair with Boner was probably waning so he latched on onto Penderfaggot.

baseline bum
07-20-2014, 06:16 PM

Who cares about their confidence? They were talking big about their championship DNA and guaranteeing a win, talking about how they love to play with their backs against the wall, and still got wrecked in Game 5. The only way the series could have gone much different is with Parker and Duncan hitting their free throws in Game 2 and the Spurs sweeping. Spoelstra's adjustments in Games 4 and 5 did shit. The A/C breakdown meant shit; LeBron faded in second and fourth quarters all series after carrying his team in first and third quarters and the Spurs hit 14/16 shots in the fourth running Ray Allen's old ass through screens for Green's threes and punishing them down low with Splitter and Duncan. People want to act like Miami was controlling the game and all of a sudden LeBron can't go, but that's bullshit. Bosh gets a four point play and all of a sudden Miami was going to win the game, nevermind the Spurs cutting that lead to two before LeBron walked to the bench the first time.

TD 21
07-20-2014, 06:31 PM
Not gonna lie, that Game 6 against OKC had my blood pressure going through the roof. I was watching it with friends and I was having to try so hard not to have a complete meltdown and look like an idiot :lol Pretty sure I said "We're really going to fucking choke this series away aren't we?!" at least 3 or 4 times. Then when Ibaka got away with goaltending I started throwing a damn temper tantrum lmao.

Same. I saw the worst possible scenario developing as the Spurs were coming back: They'd now have to play the key players extended minutes, they'd inevitably run out of gas, have a few crucial calls go against them, have little to nothing left in the tank for game 7, not know what they were going to get out of Parker and have their psyche shattered.

I said it after the game, but the two biggest takeaways from what was the penultimate game of the playoffs, since it arguably decided the championship . . .

1) Just how much luck is involved when two teams are that close. There were a litany of random things, out of the Spurs control, that just so happened to go their way.

2) Duncan coming as close as humanly possible to willing the ball into the basket in overtime. He had nothing left and virtually no physical advantage over Ibaka, yet somehow found a way to grind out a few crucial post ups against him.

That being said, if Miami pulled out game 1 in SA, and then that game 2 loss at the last second, the series would have looked way different.

If the Heat had pulled out game 1, then game 2 more than likely wouldn't have played out the same way, because the Spurs would have treated it with a season on the line mentality.

100%duncan
07-20-2014, 06:32 PM
Already rewatched every spurs finals win and game 5-6 against OKC. Planning on rewatching all of 16 wins if I get some time :lol

hitmantb
07-20-2014, 06:40 PM
Every championship team save for a couple of overpowered teams (2001 Shaq/Kobe Lakers, for example) needs a guardian angel.

Game 4 vs Mavs, Game 1 vs Heat were our breaks. But none bigger than game 6 vs Thunder. We had nothing left in the tank and Ginobili/Duncan turned the clock back to 2005 for the last a few minutes plus OT. Even if we won game 7, we would have been completely drained against the Heat. Spurs/Heat are not nearly as far apart as the games suggest, if you look at the way Spurs played this entire play-offs, we either blow out the other team or we lose. It is because our playing style is all about overwhelm the opponent early or at least tire out their stars so Spurs's lack of ISO power is not a factor in crunch time.

Also Kwahi completely changed Spurs destiny from Utah Jazz 1998 to Detroit 2004. After the series was tied 1-1 and Spurs lost home court advantage, He canceled out LeBron completely in games 3-5 (and LeBron did not have bad games), and Spurs can not lose when they have LeBron equivalent on their team. Kwahi's ISO power in the last three games was tremendous. Just incredible individual performance and opened up Spurs passing game.

baseline bum
07-20-2014, 06:52 PM
Every championship team save for a couple of overpowered teams (2001 Shaq/Kobe Lakers, for example) needs a guardian angel.

Game 4 vs Mavs, Game 1 vs Heat were our breaks. But none bigger than game 6 vs Thunder. We had nothing left in the tank and Ginobili/Duncan turned the clock back to 2005 for the last a few minutes plus OT. Even if we won game 7, we would have been completely drained against the Heat. Spurs/Heat are not nearly as far apart as the games suggest, if you look at the way Spurs played this entire play-offs, we either blow out the other team or we lose. It is because our playing style is all about overwhelm the opponent early or at least tire out their stars so Spurs's lack of ISO power is not a factor in crunch time.

What a fucking load of bullshit. The Spurs breaks were bad ones: Carter hitting a fluke shot to win Game 3 and Danny Crawford giving OKC a parade to the free throw line in the fourth to erase a 10 point lead and then not calling the obvious goaltend by Ibaka on Manu's layup with 45 seconds left in regulation. Or not calling the fouls on Durant and then Ibaka on Duncan's layup 15 seconds earlier.

Darius McCrary
07-20-2014, 06:53 PM
Game 1 of the Finals: I mean how many times are you going to see a team shoot 14-16 in the fourth quarter of a playoff game?
Including a Danny Green dribble dunk :lol

TampaDude
07-20-2014, 07:01 PM
What a fucking load of bullshit. The Spurs breaks were bad ones: Carter hitting a fluke shot to win Game 3 and Danny Crawford giving OKC a parade to the free throw line in the fourth to erase a 10 point lead and then not calling the obvious goaltend by Ibaka on Manu's layup with 45 seconds left in regulation. Or not calling the fouls on Durant and then Ibaka on Duncan's layup 15 seconds earlier.

Remember...without VC's fluke miracle shot, the Spurs drop the Mavs in 5.

baseline bum
07-20-2014, 07:03 PM
But the A/C shutdown extended a likely 7 point win to a 15 point one. :cry

jeebus
07-20-2014, 07:07 PM
:lol that dude is full of shit. even after the Spurs win it all, people still look for shit to whine and bitch about.

baseline bum
07-20-2014, 07:11 PM
:lol that dude is full of shit. even after the Spurs win it all, people still look for shit to whine and bitch about.

LOL phoenix Knicks fan coming here and trying to shit all over the Spurs title too.

jeebus
07-20-2014, 07:12 PM
LOL phoenix Knicks fan coming here and trying to shit all over the Spurs title too.
bitching about the AC game is the best. players on both sides said it didn't bother them; a lot said it was nostalgic and took them back to earlier days :lol bitter faggots tbh

baseline bum
07-20-2014, 07:20 PM
bitching about the AC game is the best. players on both sides said it didn't bother them; a lot said it was nostalgic and took them back to earlier days :lol bitter faggots tbh

What the fuck kind of Spurs fan says he'd trade 2 rings for Ewing's monkey ass to have one? If Patrick wanted to ring he should haven't been such a faggot in the 94 Finals. Nigga's true shooting percentage was fucking 39% in that series. :lmao

I mean can you believe having a TS% of 39%? That's on par with Larry Johnson's shit 1999 Finals when Walton called him a sad pathetic man. And Starks shooting 2-18. :lmao

Might as well have been Chris Dudley checking Olajuwon.

hitmantb
07-20-2014, 07:32 PM

It is called being objective. First four games of the Dallas series, Mavs was clearly the better team. It is easy for us to selective memory VC's 2 second shot and forget Mavs dominated Spurs most of game 1 and 2. Blair was dominating until he got ejected which opened things up for us. Spurs obviously had another gear, Heat obviously has another gear as well but the difference was, Spurs recovered in time, Heat never did. Momentum swing is GIGANTIC, just ask Brazil how they lost to Germany 1-7. When the other team has the momentum, you usually need a bit of luck to turn the tide.

OKC obviously has ref support but that is what every team has to deal with when they play against them. Ibaka injury is the other break I didn't even mention. A full health Ibaka may have pushed them over the edge and Heat may have three-peated. Last year Heat was the team with guardian angel, this year Spurs was the chosen one. Luck is part of one's strength. We shouldn't only remember what went wrong but what went right for us out of chance. This board always talk about 0.4, foul and 6 but choose to ignore Horry 3 rim out in 2003, Horry took over the game out of nowhere in 2005 and Horry hip-checking Nash in 2007.

Most championship teams need a bit of luck to win it all, it is part of the game. Had we replayed game 6 without Parker in OKC, down 7 at the half ten times, Spurs probably would have only won once.

baseline bum
07-20-2014, 07:44 PM
It is called being objective. First four games of the Dallas series, Mavs was clearly the better team. It is easy for us to selective memory VC's 2 second shot and forget Mavs dominated Spurs most of game 1 and 2. Blair was dominating until he got ejected which opened things up for us. Spurs obviously had another gear, Heat obviously has another gear as well but the difference was, Spurs recovered in time, Heat never did. Momentum swing is GIGANTIC, just ask Brazil how they lost to Germany 1-7. When the other team has the momentum, you usually need a bit of luck to turn the tide.

OKC obviously has ref support but that is what every team has to deal with when they play against them. Ibaka injury is the other break I didn't even mention. A full health Ibaka may have pushed them over the edge and Heat may have three-peated. Last year Heat was the team with guardian angel, this year Spurs was the chosen one. Luck is part of one's strength. We shouldn't only remember what went wrong but what went right for us out of chance. This board always talk about 0.4, foul and 6 but choose to ignore Horry 3 rim out in 2003, Horry took over the game out of nowhere in 2005 and Horry hip-checking Nash in 2007.

Most championship teams need a bit of luck to win it all, it is part of the game. Had we replayed game 6 without Parker in OKC, down 7 at the half ten times, Spurs probably would have only won once.

What another load of crap. Carter's fluke shot was a well-defnded hail Mary falling out of bounds at the buzzer. Diaw's three was wide open with no one within 15 feet and people want to act like that's the luck shot? Dallas was the better team because they had an awesome Game 2? :lol

Here's the Spurs luck this playoff run:
1. Parker's hamstring and ankle wrecked
2. Ginobili stress fracture
3. Patty Mills shoulder completely fucked

UZER
07-20-2014, 08:02 PM
I was never worried about the mavs series, not one bit. Even if they would have gone down 3-1. They weren't losing to the mavs. It was just frustrating waiting for the spurs to wake up and start playing spurs basketball.

The mavs deserve credit for their fight and so does Carlisle, but the spurs weren't setting good picks or making smart passes. It was like they were expecting the mavs to roll over. In hindsight it was the best thing because it helped them blow through the blazers by coming with the right focus from game one.

Michael Spurs
07-20-2014, 09:31 PM
I re-watched Game 5 of the Finals the other night. Got chills towards the end when Pop was taking the big 3 out one by one and they'd hug everyone on the sidelines.

As for other games, Game 7 against Dallas was nice and as others have said, that was when we really kicked it up into postseason form IMO. Game 5 against Portland was pretty good; I remember Kawhi went off in that game. Game 4 against Dallas was when Manu went stupid (in a good way) and I believe when Splitter of all people carried us in the 4th :lol

I was there live for Games 1 and 2 against OKC and while I haven't watched them again yet, I remember them being insanely fun...but a lot of that probably has to do with the fact I was drunk as hell and watching it live.

Nice boobs~:blah

Agloco
07-20-2014, 09:38 PM
Might seem like a dumb question but are the complete games available for sale somewhere? I lost mine when I moved a few weeks ago :td

ElNono
07-20-2014, 09:39 PM
Might seem like a dumb question but are the complete games available for sale somewhere? I lost mine when I moved a few weeks ago :td

There's some on Amazon. Check Mel's post earlier in this thread.

Agloco
07-20-2014, 10:12 PM
Diaws three was the biggest shot of the playoffs IMO.

You could argue that Manus three in OKC was right up there with it.

Agloco
07-20-2014, 10:13 PM
There's some on Amazon. Check Mel's post earlier in this thread.

:tu

Sean Cagney
07-20-2014, 11:02 PM
You could argue that Manus three in OKC was right up there with it.

It was huge! Without either we might not advance. I like my chances being tied 3-3 though better than being down 1-3 in a series, the second one is almost impossible to overcome. Manus three was big though, one of the biggest shots in recent history for the Spurs, Diaws is ahead of it IMO.

Sean Cagney
07-20-2014, 11:06 PM
Heat Fans don't even usually use this excuse and just admit they got whipped. I knew some fool would bring that crap up like they both were not playing in that condition and use it as an asterisk or excuse, he is one of the first. Heat fans even gave that up after game 3 or so, just flat out had no excuses but the Spurs were a way better team.

Also Kwahi completely changed Spurs destiny from Utah Jazz 1998 to Detroit 2004. After the series was tied 1-1 and Spurs lost home court advantage, He canceled out LeBron completely in games 3-5 (and LeBron did not have bad games), and Spurs can not lose when they have LeBron equivalent on their team. Kwahi's ISO power in the last three games was tremendous. Just incredible individual performance and opened up Spurs passing game.
They had some bad breaks against them too in a few games man, game 3 against Dallas being the biggest one to stick out and as the other guy said the OKC game where the FT's came into play and the goal tend not called. They got a few to go their way but none of it was flukey crap that made you say how did that go in or they had no right at all to win that game etc. Spurs just did their best and won the title, period.

emanueldavidginobili
07-21-2014, 01:00 AM
downloading all 16 wins right now, definitely watching all of them on this deployment

hater
07-21-2014, 01:08 AM

this is awesome :tu

I am going to download the games and re watch them. I had lots of work and things going on that I couldn't even watch most of the WCF, Finals games live :pctoss

hell, I was in a Cartel meeting when the Spurs clinched the title :(

I can finally get wasted and watch an entire game like the Lord intended to :tu

spursparker9
07-21-2014, 01:09 AM
at OKC game 6 was amazing.

seems like the basketball god was not going to let SA to lose.

emanueldavidginobili
07-21-2014, 01:19 AM
at OKC game 6 was amazing.

seems like the basketball god was not going to let SA to lose.

I felt the complete opposite, the entire game I felt as if the Basketball gods were doing everything in their power for the Spurs to lose the game.

ajh18
07-21-2014, 01:25 AM
I felt the complete opposite, the entire game I felt as if the Basketball gods were doing everything in their power for the Spurs to lose the game.

I was right there with you. The 4th Quarter comeback by OKC, the goaltend non-call, the missed Manu FT, Tim's tip at the buzzer being just a bit too late... felt like last year all over again.

spursparker9
07-21-2014, 01:28 AM
I was right there with you. The 4th Quarter comeback by OKC, the goaltend non-call, the missed Manu FT, Tim's tip at the buzzer being just a bit too late... felt like last year all over again.

Yeah, despite all these crap, SA still managed to pull through.

tmtcsc
07-21-2014, 01:39 AM

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1489/14891079/2437050-1395088810-colin.gif

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-21-2014, 05:03 AM
Most championship teams need a bit of luck to win it all, it is part of the game.

How lucky is having to go to contend with a PG with a bad ankle and tight hamstring, a slasher with a stress fracture and a shooter with a wrecked shoulder?

Jimcs50
07-21-2014, 07:55 AM
I accidently deleted all the games up to Finals. :depressed

TampaDude
07-21-2014, 09:02 AM

TBH, Finals Game 5 is all you need to watch. :hat

BuzzerBeater
07-21-2014, 10:06 AM
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q266/andygamezusa/OKCBallBusted_zpsa2b4d9c5.jpg

Game 5 vs OKC did it for me! That game confidence even spilled over into the closer game 6, as I felt good about our chances even when my eyes told me we were going to give it all away again.

Agloco
07-21-2014, 10:17 AM
It was huge! Without either we might not advance. I like my chances being tied 3-3 though better than being down 1-3 in a series, the second one is almost impossible to overcome. Manus three was big though, one of the biggest shots in recent history for the Spurs, Diaws is ahead of it IMO.

:tu

Jimcs50
07-21-2014, 01:10 PM
TBH, Finals Game 5 is all you need to watch. :hat

Wanted to watch close out game 6 against OKC again though.

TampaDude
07-21-2014, 01:21 PM
Wanted to watch close out game 6 against OKC again though.

I watched that game from a bar in Ybor City...talk about a "pulling your fucking hair out" game...we blew the lead twice in the 4th quarter and I was so sure the refs were gonna fuck us in OT...but we got it done!

It was the most mentally exhausting game of the playoffs for me...the Finals were a cakewalk by comparison...Miami had no shot.

baseline bum
07-21-2014, 01:24 PM
I watched that game from a bar in Ybor City...talk about a "pulling your fucking hair out" game...we blew the lead twice in the 4th quarter and I was so sure the refs were gonna fuck us in OT...but we got it done!

It was the most mentally exhausting game of the playoffs for me...the Finals were a cakewalk by comparison...Miami had no shot.

The refs did fuck the Spurs that game

TampaDude
07-21-2014, 01:44 PM
The refs did fuck the Spurs that game

Not hard enough, apparently. :hat

vander
07-21-2014, 09:44 PM
re-watching... that Miami offense: just give it to James and watch, I'm starting to feel bad for him.
if James had Pippin and Phil, or Shaq and Phil...

spurraider21
07-21-2014, 09:52 PM
i like how with a reduced role, Bonner went back to being fan favorite

ChumpDumper
07-21-2014, 10:04 PM
i like how with a reduced role, Bonner went back to being fan favoriteHe's always been a favorite of the paying fans and fans in general.

SpursTalk isn't your average spurfan demographic.

HI-FI
07-22-2014, 01:29 AM
I'd like to go back and re-watch all of the playoff games from the past 3 years. Well maybe only the WCF from 2012, since before that it was lots of blowouts, but still fun. I'd like to see game 6 again, now knowing things eventually righted themselves. The past 3 years though have been a crazy journey.

But definitely it would be fun to watch this season, since it was very stressful in the moment. Even now, after having curbstomped the Heat, it still feels surreal at times, but has felt more real with each day. I need to check my league pass, not sure if it's still active, to see if I can watch the postseason that just finished. If not, I might need to see if anyone has any good links....

edit: nevermind, saw the Mel13 amazon link.

look_at_g_shred
07-23-2014, 12:19 PM
Just finished watching this game. Gorgeous.

It's amusing. Watching My Nigga Bane go off in this game then watch a summer league game with Errors....it's dumbfounding how Errors got so much more playing time last season than MNB. Pop's love affair with Boner was probably waning so he latched on onto Penderfaggot. the fact that Ayres was playing in the summer league while Baynes was in Australia partying it up with Lazza says all you need to know.

spurraider21
07-23-2014, 01:03 PM
I'd like to go back and re-watch all of the playoff games from the past 3 years. Well maybe only the WCF from 2012, since before that it was lots of blowouts, but still fun. I'd like to see game 6 again, now knowing things eventually righted themselves. The past 3 years though have been a crazy journey.

But definitely it would be fun to watch this season, since it was very stressful in the moment. Even now, after having curbstomped the Heat, it still feels surreal at times, but has felt more real with each day. I need to check my league pass, not sure if it's still active, to see if I can watch the postseason that just finished. If not, I might need to see if anyone has any good links....

edit: nevermind, saw the Mel13 amazon link.
Game 3 against the Clippers. was at that game, best spurs game i've ever been to. clips jump out to a 20+ point lead in the 1st and the spurs win :lol

Dre_7
07-23-2014, 07:28 PM

Me too!

Fortunately I still have the Finals Games, but all the rest are gone. :depressed

ElNono
07-23-2014, 07:30 PM
If your DVR doesn't have an undelete function, you need to upgrade, tbh...

heyheymymy
07-24-2014, 12:05 AM
ElNono with that gucci DVR tbh

Holden_Caulfield
07-24-2014, 12:09 AM
where can i watch the playoff games for free, legally

ElNono
07-24-2014, 12:32 AM
ElNono with that gucci DVR tbh

tbh, I've been through a lot of different DVRs through the years, from the older Dish ones, to Comcast, etc... but the Hopper w/Sling really felt like a major upgrade... it still has some glitches and bugs here or there, but overall it's a great product.