PDA

View Full Version : Who in the He%$ is Vander Blue?

Rummpd
07-20-2014, 10:03 PM
Got high ranking today from ESPN.

Vander Blue, San Antonio Spurs | Grade: A-minus
Former Marquette coach Buzz Williams is like the NBA’s version of Red Bull. His players provide the league with energy, he gives it wings, and he always looks like he has condensation on him. Blue is one of those wings, and he showed off his pesky defensive skills against the Wizards -- literally taking the ball away from opposing guards on a couple possessions Saturday night. But where Blue stood out from his usual self was in his ability to create for others, distribute on dribble-drives and make a couple perfect bounce passes to set his buddies up for scores. -- Katz

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/69917/las-vegas-summer-league-day-9-grades

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-20-2014, 10:08 PM
Scoring point guard who left college last year or the year before. I had him in the development roster of one of my Dynasty teams. ;) :lol

ChumpDumper
07-20-2014, 10:14 PM
Not even a scoring point guard yet. Shooting guard out of college trying to become a combo guard in the D-Leauge. Called up for a time by Boston. Athletic, but no real skills yet.

Ice009
07-20-2014, 10:17 PM
I at least liked his hustle and he tried to play hard every time he got onto the court. Definitely not a PG though. He looked like a SG to me, but it did look like he tried to play a little bit at PG, so Chump's description of combo guard seems about right.

His athleticism also surprised me. I knew he was a little short, he looked a bit smaller than I thought he was the first time I saw him, but he made up for some of his lack of height with his athleticism. Hopefully he can get good enough to make it in the NBA.

baseline bum
07-20-2014, 10:22 PM
Scoring point guard who left college last year or the year before. I had him in the development roster of one of my Dynasty teams. ;) :lol

Yeah I know, you kept trying to trade me that scrub. I got about a billion PM's saying "Hey baseline, can I have Drummond for Vander Blue, Patric Young, and <insert other shitty NCAA player>?"

vander
07-20-2014, 10:23 PM
what kinda of idiot parents name their kid Vander? tbh

Russ
07-20-2014, 10:36 PM

It could have been "Vida."

Snaq O'Meal
07-20-2014, 10:41 PM
It could have been "Vida."

Or "Vader."

exstatic
07-20-2014, 10:43 PM

vander, with the goods. :lol

vander
07-20-2014, 10:55 PM
however with the last name Blue, it kinda works I guess

"from the Blue"

maybe there's a story there

Solid D
07-20-2014, 11:30 PM

His dad, Selsun, liked the name because it rhymed with dander.

http://target.scene7.com/is/image//Target/13090944?wid=610&hei=610

Floyd Pacquiao
07-20-2014, 11:36 PM
Is he a black and athletic?

Dre_7
07-20-2014, 11:42 PM
He played his high school ball in my home town. I wouldn't waste a roster spot on him if I were the Spurs. I'd rather have Cotton.

BackHome
07-21-2014, 12:41 AM
He is quick that is for sure but no where near NBA ready, I wouldn't mind him playing for the Toros. Needs to work on his shot and also gain about ten pds of muscle.

If I were him would try to get with a team in Europe if possible.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-21-2014, 01:01 AM
Yeah I know, you kept trying to trade me that scrub. I got about a billion PM's saying "Hey baseline, can I have Drummond for Vander Blue, Patric Young, and <insert other shitty NCAA player>?"

:lmao

Indeed I did. Offloaded him to someone in the end. :lol

benstanfield
07-21-2014, 02:37 AM
Like every guard in the SL roster, Blue is a "combo" guard that can't play PG, can't really shoot, and doesn't move the needle on defense/offense.

The back court on this SL team was pretty fucking terrible.

callo1
07-21-2014, 07:16 AM
To me, Cotton is the kid to go after. That crossover may be the best since Iverson's. Totally fearless, and pesters on defense, not to mention his athletic ability.

This kids offense would give many "top pgs" fits. I have no doubt about that.