PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: Dwight's a cocky bastard

phoenix219
07-21-2014, 01:43 AM
Dwight Howard believes that Chandler Parsons' departure from the Houston Rockets will not have a major impact on the team next season.

It won't affect us at all," Howard said. "We have myself and James. We have the best center and the best two guard in the game on the same team. It's on us."

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/234366/Dwight-Howard-Chandler-Parsons-Departure-Wont-Affect-Rockets-At-All

mavsfan1000
07-21-2014, 01:53 AM
lol Idiot.

Strange Love
07-21-2014, 01:55 AM
It would mean something if he actually could back that up but he cant.

MeloHype
07-21-2014, 01:56 AM
So?

~O~
07-21-2014, 02:02 AM
Eh. Nothing new here. He's the same person he'll always ever be. He'll be directing his cockiness towards his next baby mother.

Arcadian
07-21-2014, 02:18 AM
:lol "won't affect us at all"

Oh good, then you won't have an excuse when your team fails to make it past round one again.

KaiRMD1
07-21-2014, 02:44 AM
Ol' sport put a spin on the McGrady excuse "It's on me" but proclaiming, without Harden being aware of it, that it was on Harden & himself.

Thebesteva
07-21-2014, 03:30 AM
He's kind of like Koba from Planet of the apes. Koba not care about other apes, Koba only care about Koba.

Infinite_limit
07-21-2014, 03:31 AM
He's kind of like Koba from Planet of the apes. Koba not care about other apes, Koba only care about Koba.
Spoiler Alert dawg

Thread
07-21-2014, 06:16 AM
I called this fuck first. Me.

djohn2oo8
07-21-2014, 06:54 AM
He's right. How far they go or don't go is on him and Harden. What is he supposed to say?

djohn2oo8
07-21-2014, 06:55 AM
And the rest of the quote for context

Parsons spent three years as the Rockets' starter at small forward. He signed a three-year, $46 million deal with the Dallas Mavericks.Howard praised the Rockets' addition of Trevor Ariza.
"He'll go through a wall for you," Howard said of Ariza, who was his teammate on the Orlando Magic. "Just to have soldiers on your team like that is great. We have that one-two punch with me and James. We're filling out our roster with guys who are willing to go through that wall and doing whatever it takes to win."

100%duncan
07-21-2014, 07:17 AM
Parsons is an overrated piece of shit anyway.

Raven
07-21-2014, 08:11 AM
Ariza is a far better fit than Parsons with Harden and dwert, but if they were serious about ring chasing, they should have matched, or better just picked up his option.. They blew it, period.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-21-2014, 08:24 AM
He's right. It won't. They will lose in the 1st round again this year.

djohn2oo8
07-21-2014, 09:06 AM
Ariza is a far better fit than Parsons with Harden and dwert, but if they were serious about ring chasing, they should have matched, or better just picked up his option.. They blew it, period.
No way they should have matched. And by picking up his option, you won't keep him anyway next season. He'll leave unrestricted, and no one is trading for a rental.

Raven
07-21-2014, 09:12 AM
No way they should have matched. And by picking up his option, you won't keep him anyway next season. He'll leave unrestricted, and no one is trading for a rental.

sooooo?

Clipper Nation
07-21-2014, 09:14 AM
Hawes > Dwert :downspin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4i9aeDwSHc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYrFQd7J6as

djohn2oo8
07-21-2014, 09:37 AM
sooooo?
Woww, is it really that hard? Either you lose him next season for nothing either and don't get a replacement on the cheap, or you don't match him now and replace him with Ariza. Parsons doesn't get them any closer to a ring without a PF or PG. Ariza's defense is a plus, and they can be an even better team if they acquire a PF or defensive PG who can score.

Spurs9
07-21-2014, 09:39 AM
Hes on him, until he has a reason to throw a teammate under the bus after a first round exit.

mavsfan1000
07-21-2014, 09:44 AM
I'm calling it now. The Rockets aren't making the playoffs.

djohn2oo8
07-21-2014, 10:03 AM
I'm calling it now. The Rockets aren't making the playoffs.
Because of no Parsons? :lol

100%duncan
07-21-2014, 10:08 AM

What? Your statements dont match.

Thread
07-21-2014, 10:17 AM
He's right. How far they go or don't go is on him and Harden. What is he supposed to say?

Crack wise & scurry away from it like he always does at crisis.

Raven
07-21-2014, 10:31 AM
Woww, is it really that hard? Either you lose him next season for nothing either and don't get a replacement on the cheap, or you don't match him now and replace him with Ariza. Parsons doesn't get them any closer to a ring without a PF or PG. Ariza's defense is a plus, and they can be an even better team if they acquire a PF or defensive PG who can score.

houston had the option to keep him at around a milion and then leave him FA, so they would have ariza AND parsons. Instead they lost him.

djohn2oo8
07-21-2014, 10:32 AM
houston had the option to keep him at around a milion and then leave him FA, so they would have ariza AND parsons. Instead they lost him.
Um no. They would have never gone after Ariza if Parsons was there.

Raven
07-21-2014, 10:38 AM
Um no. They would have never gone after Ariza if Parsons was there.

because they're retards? sure, but not because they couldn't.

djohn2oo8
07-21-2014, 10:40 AM
because they're retards? sure, but not because they couldn't.
They would not have needed to when they had more pressing needs at PF and PG. Stop being dumb.

Raven
07-21-2014, 10:54 AM
They would not have needed to when they had more pressing needs at PF and PG. Stop being dumb.

so you're saying that having parsons at 1M and Ariza is worse than having just Ariza, because they had other issues. I see, it makes sense :lol. A team needs the brain to actually know before who can come and who just won't, Bosh was too much of a risk and you guys gambled. Period.

djohn2oo8
07-21-2014, 10:57 AM
so you're saying that having parsons at 1M and Ariza is worse than having just Ariza, because they had other issues. I see, it makes sense :lol. A team needs the brain to actually know before who can come and who just won't, Bosh was too much of a risk and you guys gambled. Period.
Bosh was worth the risk. And Ariza would not come to sit on the bench.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-21-2014, 11:00 AM

They could have made bids to Bledsoe, Lowry instead of chasing Bosh and Melo. Instead, all the Rockets did this offseason was lose Lin, Asik, and Parsons for Ariza basically.

If they were smart, Morey would have picked up the option, and focused on getting a much needed PG this year. They could have always sign and traded Parsons next year. Now, the Rockets have zero trading chips at this point and very little room to make a big splash next year.

Rockets are going to take a step backwards this year for sure.

djohn2oo8
07-21-2014, 11:04 AM
They could have made bids to Bledsoe, Lowry instead of chasing Bosh and Melo. Instead, all the Rockets did this offseason was lose Lin, Asik, and Parsons for Ariza basically.

If they were smart, Morey would have picked up the option, and focused on getting a much needed PG this year. They could have always sign and traded Parsons next year. Now, the Rockets have zero trading chips at this point and very little room to make a big splash next year.

Rockets are going to take a step backwards this year for sure.
They are making a bid for Bledsoe anyway.

Koolaid_Man
07-21-2014, 11:12 AM
the way I see it one pays white hookers $20k for a night of pussy and the other gets caught in a hotel room and texting with 16 yr old girls who threaten to out him.....that's a winning fucking combination for your ass :lol the best 2 guard and center indeed

RsxPiimp
07-21-2014, 12:04 PM
the way I see it one pays white hookers $20k for a night of pussy and the other gets caught in a hotel room and texting with 16 yr old girls who threaten to out him.....that's a winning fucking combination for your ass :lol the best 2 guard and center indeed

:lmao on a roll.. on a roll my nig

cd021
07-21-2014, 12:40 PM

I think they went with Ariza ,in large part, because he was cheaper (Similar to the Lakers replacing Ariza with Artest) They still have about $10 million in cap. Keeping Parsons and signing Ariza doesn't make a ton of since. They'd be paying about $23 million per seasons over the next 3 seasons for 2 SFs.

housious
07-21-2014, 01:23 PM
This dude has sex with 16 year old girls.

Mental midget and statutory rapist. GTFO Howard.

Thebesteva
07-21-2014, 01:28 PM
Spoiler Alert dawg

Hows that a spoiler my nig?

jehawk81
07-21-2014, 04:05 PM
I called this fuck first. Me.

What an attention whoring faggot

Leon Black
07-21-2014, 05:49 PM
Because of no Parsons? :lol

Yes. Unless rockets fans think contract whore ariza is a better player? lol

djohn2oo8
07-21-2014, 06:43 PM
Yes. Unless rockets fans think contract whore ariza is a better player? lol
Parsons isn't even better than Batum. He can't create, and playing with two other players who attract double teams, Parsons still couldn't drive past his defender without a pump fake. He benefitted from running the floor for easy layups, and catch and shoot threes. While he is a good passer, he is 6'10 and can't average 6 rebounds a game and had a worse year on defense than Harden. Ariza is a better value, with the same PER.

djohn2oo8
07-21-2014, 06:53 PM
Every time I think you're going to amount to something you flee thru the side door. Why can't you just take a lickin' & then keep on tickin'?
You don't like stats do you?

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/article/media_slots/photos/001/640/374/265bf396d2c6fdf4e34f61ac75886c3d_crop_exact.png?w= 650&h=434&q=85

Buddy Mignon
07-21-2014, 06:54 PM
Parsons isn't even better than Batum. He can't create, and playing with two other players who attract double teams, Parsons still couldn't drive past his defender without a pump fake. He benefitted from running the floor for easy layups, and catch and shoot threes. While he is a good passer, he is 6'10 and can't average 6 rebounds a game and had a worse year on defense than Harden. Ariza is a better value, with the same PER.

Be honest for a change, john. Parsons was your best shooter from mid-range and deep. Young, clean cut with no attitude. He won't be an all-star, but an all around solid player. The Mavs overpaid for him, but this is Cubans way of cleaning up his mess from ruining their chance of repeating. You guys had the shittiest summer by far.

djohn2oo8
07-21-2014, 07:06 PM
Be honest for a change, john. Parsons was your best shooter from mid-range and deep. Young, clean cut with no attitude. He won't be an all-star, but an all around solid player. The Mavs overpaid for him, but this is Cubans way of cleaning up his mess from ruining their chance of repeating. You guys had the shittiest summer by far.

No and he did have an attitude. His shots from 3 were usually wide open due to Harden and Howard, that is indisputable as Parsons was at 37% 3pt shooting, Beverley at 36%, hell even Jeremy Lin shot 35% from 3. Those are wide open shots due to Harden and Howard being doubled.

Buddy Mignon
07-21-2014, 07:11 PM
No and he did have an attitude. His shots from 3 were usually wide open due to Harden and Howard, that is indisputable as Parsons was at 37% 3pt shooting, Beverley at 36%, hell even Jeremy Lin shot 35% from 3. Those are wide open shots due to Harden and Howard being doubled.

You guys absolutely hated Ariza. And I'm the one that warned you about how overrated he was. Parsons was a good fit in Houston and will be a better fit in Dallas. Beverly is a scrub and we now have Lin, which leaves you holding the bag. Shit happens, man... no need in denying it.

djohn2oo8
07-21-2014, 07:15 PM
You guys absolutely hated Ariza. And I'm the one that warned you about how overrated he was. Parsons was a good fit in Houston and will be a better fit in Dallas. Beverly is a scrub and we now have Lin, which leaves you holding the bag. Shit happens, man... no need in denying it.
Parsons and Harden on the perimeter defensively was not going to cut it. That is why Portland kicked their asses, and for most of the regular season meetings too. And yes, everyone hated Ariza because he was forced to be the number one option. Now, he is just as good of a fit accepts his role, being better defensively, better rebounding. Parsons wanted a bigger role and that just was not going to happen for a dude who can only score on open looks.

RsxPiimp
07-21-2014, 07:18 PM
:lol

Ariza is going to disappoint you. He was let go by Morey for a reason lmao and has been a journeyman since. The fact the Wizards didn't even offer him good money to stay despite having a career year is evidence. He's the type of player that always goes balls out on contract years. So are you going to pretend you weren't wishing the Rockets match Parsons' ? :lol

Parsons was a better fit. He could give you offense unlike Ariza. Plus his defense has been suspect since, dude was relying on reputation obviously.

Morey making another big mistake releasing a better player for "value". This is Courtney Lee Part II

RsxPiimp
07-21-2014, 07:18 PM

Ariza is going to disappoint you. He was let go by Morey for a reason lmao and has been a journeyman since. The fact the Wizards didn't even offer him good money to stay despite having a career year is evidence. He's the type of player that always goes balls out on contract years. So are you going to pretend you weren't wishing the Rockets match Parsons' ? :lol

Parsons was a better fit. He could give you offense unlike Ariza. Plus his defense has been suspect since, dude was relying on reputation obviously.

Morey making another big mistake releasing a better player for "value". This is Courtney Lee Part II

Buddy Mignon
07-21-2014, 07:24 PM
Parsons and Harden on the perimeter defensively was not going to cut it. That is why Portland kicked their asses, and for most of the regular season meetings too. And yes, everyone hated Ariza because he was forced to be the number one option. Now, he is just as good of a fit accepts his role, being better defensively, better rebounding. Parsons wanted a bigger role and that just was not going to happen for a dude who can only score on open looks.

Ariza is no lock down defender. He was massively overrated in La La land... its what happens to role players in LA. We overrate the shit out of our role players.

djohn2oo8
07-21-2014, 07:27 PM

Yeah, he could give you offense off of wide open looks or cuts to the basket. Examples...

Here, Parsons waits until his defender's attention is on the ball-handler coming off the screen and then makes a looping baseline cut for the alley-oop.
XevX7hD7yh4

Here, Wide open.

fhkih5uAm3I

Here, Wide open
Ex62F9QWCrw

_wR49F1CQ4Y

. To create for himself , he MUST pump fake.

hater
07-21-2014, 07:28 PM
funny I remember last year when Coward said "Harden, Parsons are 2 names that make me believe we are contenders" :lol

djohn2oo8
07-21-2014, 07:28 PM
Or scoring in transition.

Leon Black
07-21-2014, 07:29 PM
lol Ariza is a lockdown defender now?? Keep pumping that sunshine up your ass rockets fans.

hater
07-21-2014, 07:31 PM
How far they go or don't go is on him and Harden.

:lol did you not watch Rockets vs Blazers playoff series? that's how far Hardon and Coward can ever take em :lol

Buddy Mignon
07-21-2014, 07:34 PM
Yeah, he could give you offense off of wide open looks or cuts to the basket. Examples...

Here, Parsons waits until his defender's attention is on the ball-handler coming off the screen and then makes a looping baseline cut for the alley-oop.
XevX7hD7yh4

Here, Wide open.

fhkih5uAm3I

Here, Wide open
Ex62F9QWCrw

_wR49F1CQ4Y

. To create for himself , he MUST pump fake.

Larry Bird used the pump fake to create. Dirk uses the pump fake to create. That last video alone shows more offensive skills that 3 Ariza's. He's a willing passer and finishes strong at the rim. Dallas will love this kid.

djohn2oo8
07-21-2014, 07:34 PM
Ariza is no lock down defender. He was massively overrated in La La land... its what happens to role players in LA. We overrate the shit out of our role players.
Ariza was clearly better on defense last year than Parsons.

djohn2oo8
07-21-2014, 07:35 PM
lol Ariza is a lockdown defender now?? Keep pumping that sunshine up your ass rockets fans.
Where did I say lockdown? I said he is better than Parsons.

RsxPiimp
07-21-2014, 07:50 PM
While it's true Ariza is better than Parsons defensively, Ariza OTOH has always been an unreliable scoring option, especially if he's filling Parsons role who does his role tremendously well. Ariza's FT and FG% has just been awful. From Hou to NOH and in Washington. His improvement last year (contract year) was honestly expected and predictable.

Houston, particularly Dwight will miss Parsons' offensive contribution. You can pretty much leave Ariza open and not worry about him making you pay, since he's as streaky as he can be. I've seen more Ariza than any Rockets fans these past 2 yrs since I'm a DC native and the consensus has always been that. For $8 mil, it's not a terrible signing but considering what was on the table before him, Houston will miss Chandler. Dude was on another level in the playoffs.

Bulaien999
07-21-2014, 07:53 PM
Parsons at least gave up half the points he put up PERIOD

djohn2oo8
07-21-2014, 08:15 PM
Btw, Ariza does a much better job covering Durant.

mavsfan1000
07-21-2014, 09:30 PM
Btw, Ariza does a much better job covering Durant.
We'll see. We know he doesn't compare to Parsons on the offensive end. And Parsons is 4 years younger.

Indazone
07-22-2014, 01:50 PM
He's right but Howard showed up in the playoffs, the Beard...not so much. Harden needs to step up his game big time if we are even to have a chance. Never seen someone labeled "superstar" suck it up so much in the playoffs.

djohn2oo8
07-22-2014, 06:18 PM
He's right but Howard showed up in the playoffs, the Beard...not so much. Harden needs to step up his game big time if we are even to have a chance. Never seen someone labeled "superstar" suck it up so much in the playoffs.

Agree. Also, Parsons disappeared pretty much every second half in that series.

RsxPiimp
07-22-2014, 06:28 PM
Rockets will probably have a worse record this season. Their depth is horrible.

djohn2oo8
07-22-2014, 06:31 PM
Rockets will probably have a worse record this season. Their depth is horrible.
True depth is horrible. Not like they had any depth last year, which is why Parsons and Harden played 40 minutes a game. Plenty of time before season starts.

RsxPiimp
07-22-2014, 06:33 PM
True depth is horrible. Not like they had any depth last year, which is why Parsons and Harden played 40 minutes a game. Plenty of time before season starts.

Are you guys going after Rondo, or is that just a rumor?

djohn2oo8
07-22-2014, 06:36 PM
I think they are. Right now they are focused on Dragic or Bledsoe. They might not get either, but damn I would obviously love Dragic back. I don't see any way for them to get Bledsoe. Phoenix likes Motiejuanas and a few others, so we will see.

RsxPiimp
07-22-2014, 06:49 PM
Dragic would be amazing with the Rockets tbh.

baseline bum
07-22-2014, 09:48 PM
KP5M7lknLTM

Bulaien999
07-22-2014, 09:50 PM
I think they are. Right now they are focused on Dragic or Bledsoe. They might not get either, but damn I would obviously love Dragic back. I don't see any way for them to get Bledsoe. Phoenix likes Motiejuanas and a few others, so we will see.

Was a big fan of Dragic in Houston, maybe he could be the third star....

Indazone
07-23-2014, 01:01 AM
If Dragic came, he'd be relegated to standing in the corner and shooting spot up threes while handing the ball off to Harden per McHales orders.

Clipper Nation
07-23-2014, 07:06 AM
:lol Rondo, Harden, and Dwight on the same team would be must-see TV, and not because they'd be dominant....

djohn2oo8
07-23-2014, 07:21 AM
If Dragic came, he'd be relegated to standing in the corner and shooting spot up threes while handing the ball off to Harden per McHales orders.
You cannot be this dumb. Lin and Beverley were spot up shooters primarily because Beverley isn't a true PG and cannot run an offense, while Lin is not a point guard at all.

Raven
07-23-2014, 07:34 AM
ariza is better than parsons on both ends, not the issue here tbh.

djohn2oo8
07-23-2014, 07:43 AM
^Parsons is the better passer, but I do think he benefited greatly from Harden/Howard double teams.

POPownsJackson
07-23-2014, 01:20 PM
Rockets are literally going after anyone. desperate. go after a coach

mavsfan1000
07-23-2014, 01:23 PM
ariza is better than parsons on both ends, not the issue here tbh.
Um no he isn't. The stats clearly show in favor of Parsons.

Raven
07-23-2014, 01:36 PM

I see, so you dig loserball..

Indazone
07-23-2014, 01:40 PM
Every single Houston point guard has been hampered in Houston's gimicky offense. McHale demands every player to play guard and the point doesn't run many plays. All the point does is shoot the open three and if the lane is open, drive. Other than that, it's feed the post or get the ball to Harden. Every single point guard who have left the Rockets have gone on to breakout performances. Lowry, Dragic, hell even Aaron Brooks. Lin will be no different. Every opposing team knows where the ball is going when they play the Rockets.

mavsfan1000
07-23-2014, 01:58 PM
I see, so you dig loserball..
I dig logic. Add to that Parsons is 3 years away from his prime and Ariza's inconsistent stats year by year and it's a no brainer who is better.

djohn2oo8
07-23-2014, 02:37 PM

Not defensively or rebounding.

mavsfan1000
07-23-2014, 02:58 PM
Not defensively or rebounding.
Well he's not in his prime yet. We'll see in the next 3 years how much he improves.

spurraider21
07-23-2014, 05:29 PM
we've noticed that with Kobe tbh

RsxPiimp
07-23-2014, 05:40 PM
:lol Rondo, Harden, and Dwight on the same team would be must-see TV, and not because they'd be dominant....

A stat padder, a flopper and a mental midget pedo walks into the bar...

wanggi
07-24-2014, 07:16 AM
Kick out Harden, the Rockets will be a better team.

djohn2oo8
07-24-2014, 07:44 AM
No.

wanggi
07-25-2014, 11:05 AM
No.
Sounds like you still don't know why the Rockets lost in game 6.

Bill_Brasky
07-25-2014, 11:24 AM

:cry its Lin's fault :cry

HemisfairArena
07-25-2014, 11:42 AM

Exactly right,,,Trade the bricker Harden for better pieces to support Howard and the Rockets would be much better. Harden will continue to brick the Rockets out of any chance at a title as long as he is on the team,,,

djohn2oo8
07-25-2014, 11:53 AM

You should check and see who led in win shares.

wanggi
07-25-2014, 12:11 PM
You should check and see who led in win shares.
The Rockets would have won in game 6
But Harden directed Parsons to replace Beverley to guard Lillard in the final second..
Then you know the result.
You guys could check the video how the Rockets set the defense during the last timeout in game 6.
Harden's mistaken instruction ruined the game.

djohn2oo8
07-25-2014, 06:21 PM
The Rockets would have won in game 6
But Harden directed Parsons to replace Beverley to guard Lillard in the final second..
Then you know the result.
You guys could check the video how the Rockets set the defense during the last timeout in game 6.
Harden's mistaken instruction ruined the game.
What does that have to do with Parsons still not being able to guard Lillard? If the switch isn't made, then Mo Williams gets the open shot. Same result. Parsons sagged off Lillard when he should have crowded him.

wanggi
07-26-2014, 05:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v4d0EGyhqk
What does that have to do with Parsons still not being able to guard Lillard? If the switch isn't made, then Mo Williams gets the open shot. Same result. Parsons sagged off Lillard when he should have crowded him.

Beverley should be the one guarded Lillard not Parsons.
Harden told Parsons and Beverley switch the defensive position despite the coach's permission and eventually ruined the game.
Check youtube above: (from 04:28)

djohn2oo8
07-26-2014, 07:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v4d0EGyhqk

Beverley should be the one guarded Lillard not Parsons.
Harden told Parsons and Beverley switch the defensive position despite the coach's permission and eventually ruined the game.
Check youtube above: (from 04:28)

I've seen the video. Beverley was fronting Lillard which is what Parsons should have done. That's all he had to do.

wanggi
07-26-2014, 07:46 AM
Beveley is a sharp defender!
Lillard wouldn't have chance to score if Beverley guarded him.
Stupid Harden switched Beverley with Parsons to guard Lillard.

Lillad ran over the arch to catch the ball when Parsons was at wrong position.

The Rockets would have won the game 6 if Harden didn't switch them.

wanggi
07-26-2014, 07:48 AM
Harden sucked in the playoffs.

djohn2oo8
07-26-2014, 08:39 AM
Beveley is a sharp defender!
Lillard wouldn't have chance to score if Beverley guarded him.
Stupid Harden switched Beverley with Parsons to guard Lillard.

Lillad ran over the arch to catch the ball when Parsons was at wrong position.

The Rockets would have won the game 6 if Harden didn't switch them.

That's what I said. It's his fault for sagging off when he should have been fronting Lillard. He wasn't ready for Lillard to start the play and push off.

wanggi
07-26-2014, 01:35 PM
That's what I said. It's his fault for sagging off when he should have been fronting Lillard. He wasn't ready for Lillard to start the play and push off.
So, if Harden didn't disturb that the position Beverley fronting Lillard during the timeout, Lillard wouldn't have been so easy to shoot 3. The Rockets probably would win in game 6.
Whatever Harden shouldn't direct Parsons and Beverley to switch their guarding objects, because he's not coach. He was against the coach's plan and eventually caused the elimination.

djohn2oo8
07-26-2014, 02:06 PM
So, if Harden didn't disturb that the position Beverley fronting Lillard during the timeout, Lillard wouldn't have been so easy to shoot 3. The Rockets probably would win in game 6.
Whatever Harden shouldn't direct Parsons and Beverley to switch their guarding objects, because he's not coach. He was against the coach's plan and eventually caused the elimination.

Mo Williams would have gotten open from Parsons. Watch the play again. Parsons is sagging off of Williams before the switch is made, if the play is run with no switch Williams gets open. Lillard got open because Parsons was not paying attention.

sgcs-JBG0b0

spurraider21
07-26-2014, 03:33 PM
I like djohn but he's awfully sensitive when you criticize his teams

djohn2oo8
07-26-2014, 03:34 PM
I like djohn but he's awfully sensitive when you criticize his teams
No, I'm discussing the set up of the play.

spurraider21
07-26-2014, 03:37 PM
No, I'm discussing the set up of the play.
In general man. Back when nobody knew who was behind the MJ account you would still get noticeably mad when people said something negative about Hakeem

harden was pretty bad in the playoffs, and when somebody tells you so, you defend him by telling them to check win shares. You've convinced yourself that harden is a better defensive players than parsons, etc.

djohn2oo8
07-26-2014, 03:39 PM
In general man. Back when nobody knew who was behind the MJ account you would still get noticeably mad when people said something negative about Hakeem
So does everyone else if someone shits on Tim..

spurraider21
07-26-2014, 03:44 PM
So does everyone else if someone shits on Tim..
Yeah but if you are on a Michael Jordan troll account... I mean a spurfan on a laker troll account wouldn't jump to Tim's defense

wanggi
07-27-2014, 12:40 AM
Mo Williams would have gotten open from Parsons. Watch the play again. Parsons is sagging off of Williams before the switch is made, if the play is run with no switch Williams gets open. Lillard got open because Parsons was not paying attention.

sgcs-JBG0b0
No.
The Rokets' game plan was pass the ball to red hot Lillard not old horse Mo. The chance Mo made the three in 0.9 sec was much minor than Lillard even if Mo got the ball.
Lillard wouldn't be so easy taking the shot if Beverley guarded him.
Friends around me we all have talked about it-Harden should be blamed in this regard. Not only Parsons.

Indazone
07-27-2014, 11:52 AM
Harden not playing any defense is all on the coaching staff. You know Van Gundy would never allow his type of performance defensively. And so the merry go round continues that is the Rockets.

Thread
07-27-2014, 12:20 PM
^Sure, years ago Van Gundy, but, not this Van Gundy. The players run it, they're backed and insulated by Media. That their rank & file is by & large black only makes the glass wall they're operating behind that much more dangerous to mess with. It's a check cashing consortium. And either everyone goes along, or, you will not believe what's happening to you even as it's happening.