PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi on a Filipino TV Show

MeloHype
07-21-2014, 01:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R5LrZcCK-I

Starts @ 1:45

benstanfield
07-21-2014, 02:51 AM
Kawhi doing thumb sized lines of coke since FMVP, can't blame 'em.

And LOL at the US all stars being mostly shitty Raptors chuckers and James Harden. That lineup was like Kawhi & the Antoine Walkers.

100%duncan
07-21-2014, 02:53 AM
Beat me to it. Kind of ashamed they went to this piece of shit show tbh.

Holden_Caulfield
07-21-2014, 03:16 AM
shit i've been hanging out with the wrong filipino girls...

spursfan1000
07-21-2014, 03:36 AM
Kawahi smiling

barakz21
07-21-2014, 03:40 AM
I knew this was gonna happen..... Except I thought they'd be at showtime. :lol

outmap
07-21-2014, 04:10 AM
Isabelle Daza! <3

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/438848027520802816/ex9U2gjN.jpeg

siraulo23
07-21-2014, 04:27 AM
Beat me to it. Kind of ashamed they went to this piece of shit show tbh.

The alternative sucks as well tbh, showtime gfto here

When's the game?

barakz21
07-21-2014, 04:49 AM

When's the game?

100000000000000x better than wowowee tbh. :lol

noxious
07-21-2014, 04:53 AM
i dont get it. why do they have to go to a noon time show? cant they be interviewed by a sports show or something. we have decent sports channels right?

hater
07-21-2014, 05:01 AM
wonder how many pesos James Harden offered to bang twitter hookers over there :lol

ezau
07-21-2014, 05:34 AM
Isabelle Daza! <3

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/438848027520802816/ex9U2gjN.jpeg

4/10

playbonner15
07-21-2014, 05:34 AM
LMAO!!

100%duncan
07-21-2014, 05:56 AM

When's the game?

Philippine TV sucks as a whole tbh.

Tomorrow and on wednesday. You going? Im going to both. Hope there's a meet and greet, Kawhi looks like he's in a good mood.

carina_gino20
07-21-2014, 06:29 AM
:lol whatamess. Hope you all have fun tomorrow.

wildchild
07-21-2014, 07:51 AM
Isabelle Daza! <3

This one and the other girl Marian...I like the hot phil/asian chicks.

Edit: Marian Rivera

KL2
07-21-2014, 08:34 AM
Harden got a hardon for them filipino ladyboys.

good to see a lot of spur fans out there.

Dex
07-21-2014, 08:42 AM
:lol Kawhi is so awkward whenever he gets a microphone in his hand. He always tries to hype up the crowd first.

dabom
07-21-2014, 08:50 AM
Someone needs to make a thread for the game. I'm already hyped.

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10322734_752222404825294_5835609084532918116_n.jpg

apalisoc_9
07-21-2014, 09:29 AM
Kawhi just increased his All-star votes by 100k :lol

apalisoc_9
07-21-2014, 09:39 AM

Tomorrow and on wednesday. You going? Im going to both. Hope there's a meet and greet, Kawhi looks like he's in a good mood.

July 22nd what time is that?

Not sure what time it would be CT..

carina_gino20
07-21-2014, 09:56 AM
July 22nd what time is that?

Not sure what time it would be CT..

The game itself:
July 22, 810pm
July 23, 510pm

All times are in Manila time (GMT+8)

siraulo23
07-21-2014, 10:19 AM

i wish :lol, im here in au lol

PingPong
07-21-2014, 10:27 AM
Fucking beta nigs, can't speak eye-to-eye to these filibeaner girls. Kawhi is the only one who spoke without looking to the ceiling.

100%duncan
07-21-2014, 10:28 AM
Fucking beta nigs, can't speak eye-to-eye to these filibeaner girls. Kawhi is the only one who spoke without looking to the ceiling.

Harden and PG searching for a Ladyboy as of this moment imho

PÒÓCH
07-21-2014, 10:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJw5nIKFSao

Man In Black
07-21-2014, 01:14 PM
Man...some of you peeps are the racist, insensitive kind. Gen Y and newer have lost the art of respect.

It's a TV show and they're doing what locals do when people that come all the way from the US(12 hour flight from the West Coast) visit their country.

Lady boys? Seriously? I know they exist, but that's not what you're looking at here. I bet half you bitches wouldn't know what to do with that quality chick if she gave you the time of day. Lucky for most of you, if you have a US Passport, smile nice and be nice, you still got a shot.

Now, give my people some respect.

Man In Black
07-21-2014, 01:18 PM
http://ticketnet.com.ph/The-Last-Home-Stand-MNL-2014-All-Star-Charity-Event--Smart-Araneta-Coliseum/EventDetails/202

BackHome
07-21-2014, 02:34 PM
Man hope you and your country are doing good after that terrible storm hit you that thing was bigger then Katrina. It sucked for me was going to go to Cebu for my vacation but had to cancel because of storm. Damn,damn, still pissed! Well maybe next year know I now when your Typhoon/Hurricane season is.

Nathan89
07-21-2014, 03:54 PM
Kawhi seems to be loved in the Philippines. I guess that's because he was standing next to 1st round exits.

barakz21
07-21-2014, 04:39 PM
Pretty amazed that Kawhi got a lot of love from the Filipinos, since most people there root for the lakers(bandwagoners and legit fans), celtics, and of course the heat and thunder bandwagoners. To be fair though, Filipinos recognize game. If an nba player who's got game went over there for a visit, it doesn't matter what team he's on, the people will go nuts.

carina_gino20
07-21-2014, 05:53 PM
Kawhi seems to be loved in the Philippines. I guess that's because he was standing next to 1st round exits.

I think it's a result of him winning the FMVP. The Spurs do have a following in PH but now that we're the champs, suddenly everyone seems to love Kawhi. Take away the scrubs from the background and he would still get lots of love. :lol

Hopefully this same bandwagonners will remember to vote him into the ASG...

hater
07-21-2014, 07:26 PM
:lol Filipinos are the true definition of bandwagoners. Now that Spurs beat the Heat, all of them are Spursfans :lol

PingPong
07-21-2014, 08:08 PM
Man...some of you peeps are the racist, insensitive kind. Gen Y and newer have lost the art of respect.

It's a TV show and they're doing what locals do when people that come all the way from the US(12 hour flight from the West Coast) visit their country.

Lady boys? Seriously? I know they exist, but that's not what you're looking at here. I bet half you bitches wouldn't know what to do with that quality chick if she gave you the time of day. Lucky for most of you, if you have a US Passport, smile nice and be nice, you still got a shot.

Don't take it too serious. We all know there are tons of filipino ladyboys. Nothing wrong with it, except if you are a homophobe. About the chicks, all I have to say is that I've been in japan and there's a lot of filipiinas there, as few ladyboys. I just have a word for you: japayuki. Google it.

100%duncan
07-21-2014, 08:58 PM
:lol Filipinos are the true definition of bandwagoners. Now that Spurs beat the Heat, all of them are Spursfans :lol

This is true. Especially teens. My FB was full of "spurs fans" when we rang.

apalisoc_9
07-21-2014, 09:56 PM
kawhi seems like he's the center of attention..

Nice!!

hater
07-21-2014, 11:39 PM
kawhi seems like he's the center of attention..

Nice!!

as it should be. he's got the hardware

the other bums don't

BackHome
07-22-2014, 12:02 AM
Don't take it too serious. We all know there are tons of filipino ladyboys. Nothing wrong with it, except if you are a homophobe. About the chicks, all I have to say is that I've been in japan and there's a lot of filipiinas there, as few ladyboys. I just have a word for you: japayuki. Google it.

So how was working as a Japayukis Pin Pong?

FireMicoHalili
07-22-2014, 07:49 AM
event got cancelled, NBA players failed to get green light from the NBA to play an actual game. Crowd booing, money being refunded. George and Griffin had to pull out. Safe to say I'm thankful I didn't go.

dabom
07-22-2014, 07:54 AM
event got cancelled, NBA players failed to get green light from the NBA to play an actual game. Crowd booing, money being refunded. George and Griffin had to pull out. Safe to say I'm thankful I didn't go.

You serious? How can they forget the most important part?

FireMicoHalili
07-22-2014, 07:57 AM
they're just doing lay-up lines and practice drills. Announced game was cancelled the night of the event.

anakha
07-22-2014, 07:59 AM

If that's true, guess the whole 'sanctioned by the NBA' discussion a while back was based on inaccurate knowledge.

FireMicoHalili
07-22-2014, 08:09 AM
print ads were misleading. Technically right, but that's flat out bad faith. Not much you can gather from " looking to match skills" and "the SMART Araneta Coliseum with the Gilas Pilipinas taking on an elite group of US basketball superstars comprising the FIBR All-Stars team". Common human experience would give an expectation of a game at least.

As far as NBA rules go, still convinced they're allowed to play exhibition games e.g. Drew League.

carina_gino20
07-22-2014, 08:09 AM
Any news about tomorrow's event? Axed too? I've seen a lot of shitty deals in the PH but man, this is so embarrassing...WTF

dabom
07-22-2014, 08:13 AM
Might be more embarrassing for the players than anyone else.

carina_gino20
07-22-2014, 08:16 AM
Might be more embarrassing for the players than anyone else.

And it isn't even their fault. Just seriously screwed up mismanagement and false advertising. Wow, we really know how to screw things up. :lol They were charging $400+ for courtside seats to this scrimmage.

FireMicoHalili
07-22-2014, 08:16 AM
joke of an event, really. Embarrassing for both sides. Hoop fans were let down while the players got booed. Unprofessional PR/event organization.

dabom
07-22-2014, 08:24 AM
And it isn't even their fault. Just seriously screwed up mismanagement and false advertising. Wow, we really know how to screw things up. :lol They were charging $400+ for courtside seats to this scrimmage.

Now players might be wary of going there.

Ice009
07-22-2014, 08:35 AM
Wow. I came into this thread to see if there was possibly a link to the game or something. Can't believe that it was cancelled.

What happened exactly? Did the NBA call up and say that they are not allowed to play, or was the advertizing not correct? Were the players expecting to play?

FireMicoHalili
07-22-2014, 08:42 AM
Event page: http://ticketnet.com.ph/The-Last-Home-Stand-MNL-2014-All-Star-Charity-Event--Smart-Araneta-Coliseum/EventDetails/202

The issue wasn't that they weren't eligible to play, apparently, but that the organizing team didn't contract them to do so. People expected a game but were given practice drills and exhibition shows instead, as what was advertised. Blake Griffin and Paul George pulled out for personal reasons and were replaced by Matt Barnes. Technically the telco company advertising the event was right; no game was to be played. Would have been nice of them to announce there weren't any games to be held. The Philippines is a third-world country and $400 for an event is a steep price. Crowd ended up booing.

FireMicoHalili
07-22-2014, 08:43 AM
If that's true, guess the whole 'sanctioned by the NBA' discussion a while back was based on inaccurate knowledge.
just received they could have sought the NBA's sanction. The problem was they never did.

carina_gino20
07-22-2014, 08:44 AM
Wow. I came into this thread to see if there was possibly a link to the game or something. Can't believe that it was cancelled.

What happened exactly? Did the NBA call up and say that they are not allowed to play, or was the advertizing not correct? Were the players expecting to play?

Haven't seen anything official yet though it seems they didn't clearance. All advertisements, appearances, comments from both the NBA and local players leading up to tonight had everyone believing they would actually see a game between these two teams. A 'glorified scrimmage' maybe, but not an actual scrimmage. smh. Just false advertising or people jumping the gun when the players had no clearance (if that is the case).

carina_gino20
07-22-2014, 08:44 AM
Double post...

dabom
07-22-2014, 08:51 AM
I bet they're working overtime for tomorrows game.

carina_gino20
07-22-2014, 08:56 AM
They've already announced hotline numbers for refund. What if nobody shows up tomorrow? :lol

FireMicoHalili
07-22-2014, 09:02 AM
They've already announced hotline numbers for refund. What if nobody shows up tomorrow? :lol
C A N C E L L E D
People filing out in droves as I type :downspin:

carina_gino20
07-22-2014, 09:09 AM
I don't even know where to start...Not even Kawhi's hands are big enough for the double facepalm this deserves. As they say, only in the Philippines...

carina_gino20
07-22-2014, 10:40 AM
MVP apologizes to Filipino fans for ‘disappointing’ developments in ‘Last HOME Stand’ charity event
Karl Decena, InterAksyon.com · Tuesday, July 22, 2014 · 11:24 pm

PLDT chairman Manuel V. Pangilinan apologized to Filipino fans for a disappointing outcome to the company’s charity event ‘Last HOME Stand’ on Tuesday night.

“We at PLDT would like to apologize to the Filipino fans for having disappointed them tonight. It was a sudden turn of events and we ourselves are disappointed with the way things developed contrary to our expectations,” Pangilinan said after the event.

“So we extend our sincerest apologies.”

The event was expected to feature a five-on-five scrimmage between the Philippine national men’s basketball team and the Fibr All-Stars, which features some of the top basketball players in the world, but it was cancelled at the last minute.

Instead, the participants had to settle for a skills clinic where they went through drills from renowned skills coach John Lucas.

Pangilinan assured that ticket refunds will be given to fans.

“Our responsibility is the Filipino basketball fans. It is a basketball clinic but we really appreciate if the expectation that there would be a five-on-five or a game. That is much clear to us, there should be no mincing of words here,” Pangilinan said.

“Clearly, we created that expectation and perception. Our job as PLDT is to be accountable to that perception, that’s why there is an offer for refund. This is our duty. ‘Okay if you’re not happy, we’ll pay your ticket.’”

Fans can contact the hotlines 836-5818, 836-5890 and 836-5819 starting at 9 a.m. on Wednesday for the refund to begin the process of getting a refund for their tickets.

(InterAksyon.com is the news portal of TV5, which Pangilinan also chairs.)

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/mvp-apologizes-to-filipino-fans-for-disappointing-developments-in-last-home-stand-charity-event

carina_gino20
07-22-2014, 10:47 AM
So far, what I've read is:

- The event management groups incharge of this event were the same ones that brought Kobe and Co. before (but that was during the lockout period).

- One guy/sponsor saying they never mentioned there would be a game (though they also never bothered correcting the impression that there would be one).

- The ban hammer dropped in the last 24 hrs...if they played, they would be suspended/sanctioned/fined.

- Players got booed and crowd openly chanted for a refund...

Just a failure of massive proportions. Someone forgot to dot the i's and cross the t's will or probably has already lost their job...

100%duncan
07-22-2014, 11:03 AM
Wow that was awful. The crowd was disrespectful and rowdy and I felt bad for the players that they were the ones who took the booing. No one in authority explained anything. What a mess.

NickiRasgo
07-22-2014, 11:21 AM
Will post a rant tomorrow. Really BS.

Mel_13
07-22-2014, 11:37 AM
The National Basketball Association has warned a touring group of its stars that they could face financial fines for participating in clinics in Manila, Philippines, that include short scrimmages and games of "H-O-R-S-E," league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Several NBA stars, including Blake Griffin, James Harden, Kawhi Leonard and Damian Liillard, were scheduled to participate in promotional appearances in Manila this week, and the NBA has told its Players Association that the event organizers failed to gain league approval, sources said.

There were scheduled to be two days of exhibition events on Tuesday and Wednesday in Manila, but news reports out of Manila suggest that those events were canceled and ticket refunds were given to fans.

The NBA warned against violations that included "some kind of exhibition of basketball skills," including shooting games and dunk contests, an NBPA memo obtained by Yahoo Sports said.

In the memo, the Players Association informed player agents and players that the NBA "has taken the position that any such exhibition or competition is unallowable and is not approved for player participation under the [Collective Bargaining Agreement], regardless of whether it is incorporated into a 'clinic' or other 'benign-sounding activity.'"

The warning was delivered to a formidable group of NBA players that also included Kyle Lowry, Terrence Ross, DeMar Derozan, Tyson Chandler and Brandon Jennings, sources said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--nba-warned-touring-stars-of-participating-in-events-in-manila-162518235.html

LakerHater
07-22-2014, 11:38 AM

carina_gino20
07-22-2014, 11:38 AM
Woj article: Several NBA stars, including Blake Griffin, James Harden, Kawhi Leonard and Damian Liillard, were scheduled to participate in promotional appearances in Manila this week, and the NBA has told its Players Association that the event organizers failed to gain league approval, sources said.

http://t.co/WTbjyLk6pU

100%duncan
07-22-2014, 11:39 AM
Players were clearly blindsided and the NBA didnt say these crap until today clearly. Everyone was looking forward to play but shit got cancelled last minute.

Really disappointed with the crowd, those boo's, sad for Kawhi and crew really.

carina_gino20
07-22-2014, 11:40 AM
The same event group is trying to backpedal saying "From the beginning, we never mentioned about a game."

:cry me a river. Somebody's losing her job.

100%duncan
07-22-2014, 11:42 AM
Hell even MVP, the most powerful businessman of the country was blindsided by organizers.

loveforthegame
07-22-2014, 12:03 PM
How unfortunate. It's a shame they waited until the last minute to make the announcement.

ezau
07-22-2014, 10:24 PM
What a mess.

wildchild
07-23-2014, 10:30 AM
I had entirely forgotten about Chip played for the Philippine team in the 80s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qls0IStd8QY
"I got a coach on the Spurs, he played on the national team so he told me a lot about the Philippines... I wasn't able to have a chance to see him compete against the USA national team when he played in about 1984 for the Philippines...So he just shared that experience with me, how many points he scored..."
Chip The Machine Gun :tu

milkyway21
07-24-2014, 04:57 AM

Thanks Man in Black. Wish those who are bashing their countrymen and their culture would just lay down their flags and act as they're mature people.
Hypocrites!

siraulo23
07-24-2014, 06:17 AM
Wtf, no game what a mess

th3answ3r
07-24-2014, 08:28 PM
what the fuck

apalisoc_9
07-24-2014, 09:14 PM
No game again?

I need my dose of kawhi!!

ca®lo
07-25-2014, 11:27 AM
really messed up crap that last home stand gig was.

waste of my time and money

100%duncan
07-25-2014, 12:13 PM
really messed up crap that last home stand gig was.

waste of my time and money
Hey technically we saw Kawhi for free.

bulakenyo
07-26-2014, 12:08 PM
That was pretty shit. And I didnt even buy a ticket.

Bad PR and negative vibes from the NBA.

They schedule official sanctioned games in China and Japan, (who's love for basketball is eclipsed by the Philippines. Not even the most popular sport in those countries) and they give us this crap?

If Silver and co. were behind this, I'm starting to think he's not a very good NBA commish.
At least Stern was more accommodating and more giving to 3rd world countries fanbase with huge passion for the game.

100%duncan
07-26-2014, 12:12 PM
That was pretty shit. And I didnt even buy a ticket.

Bad PR and negative vibes from the NBA.

They schedule official sanctioned games in China and Japan, (who's love for basketball is eclipsed by the Philippines. Not even the most popular sport in those countries) and they give us this crap?

If Silver and co. were behind this, I'm starting to think he's not a very good NBA commish.
At least Stern was more accommodating and more giving to 3rd world countries fanbase with huge passion for the game.

https://scontent-b-hkg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/p180x540/10526101_10202339828038397_337273962089223742_n.jp g?oh=c66074423ca84b0ed2038af9ea05db40&oe=543491A2

bulakenyo
07-26-2014, 12:23 PM
very disappointing.

The 2011 exhibition game promoted priceless amounts of goodwill for the NBA brand, the players and respective team's marketability and likability factor, for the casual NBA fan in the Philippines. It was really nice.

The 2014 edition left a really bad taste in the mouth.The players and the NBA got a lot of negative vibes from the fans here.

100%duncan
07-26-2014, 12:25 PM
I think the 2011 was smoother because it was during the lockout so technically the players didn't have any obligations to anyone. Nonetheless, no one is to be blamed other than the organizers. The NBA had nothing to do with it if they just followed the rules. Very disappointed indeed. I was sad that Kawhi had to experience the boo's when it was out of the players' control.

bulakenyo
07-26-2014, 12:34 PM
Yeah. The local reception for Kawhi sort of reminded me of the Philippines' reception for this young up and coming player back in the late 1990s. kobe Bryant.

Of course Kobe had better on cam and mic skills compared to Kawhi.

100%duncan
07-26-2014, 01:16 PM
Meh Kawhi is a big boy and I bet they all understand the fans. Organizers screwed up everyone.

wildchild
08-21-2014, 10:24 PM
This is what happen when you have a slow PR staff
After three weeks...

Brox6
08-21-2014, 10:31 PM
Organizer's fault