PDA

View Full Version : Everybody bowing down to dem Spurs

100%duncan
07-21-2014, 09:58 PM
http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/?cid=nba_12_facebook_L

Here's how the 30 teams stack up. Everything starts with the champs, who are bringing everybody back and who have no question marks. From there, it's all Western Conference in the top five until we see what the Bulls are getting from Derrick Rose and whether the Cavs are getting anything from Minnesota.

Kawhi
07-21-2014, 10:02 PM
Suck my dick

manufan10
07-21-2014, 10:10 PM
Key addition(s): Larry O'Brien

:lol

Spurs 4 The Win
07-21-2014, 10:10 PM
Those rankings are so fucking bad, i cant believe people get paid to be so damn stupid

Ron Swanson
07-21-2014, 10:11 PM
Key addition(s): Larry O'Brien, Ettore Messina

:tu

100%duncan
07-21-2014, 10:27 PM
Dat key addition tho :lol

phxspurfan
07-21-2014, 11:14 PM
Dallas lookin good already. West gonna be even better next year lol

Solid D
07-22-2014, 12:35 AM
Matchup to watch in the Western Conference: S. Ibaka vs M. Bonner

Uriel
07-22-2014, 05:54 AM
The notion that Dallas is the 4th best team in the NBA is absurd. :lol

Raven
07-22-2014, 07:16 AM
solid rankings i guess, dallas is probably very overrated but they should be better than last year. And yeah, everyone is sucking our dick, and rightfully so.

Dex
07-22-2014, 08:39 AM

The West is too talented to line them up for a top 4 spot, but the Mavs do look pretty loaded. If those pieces come together and play like Carlisle had them playing in Round 1, they could be a pretty challenging team.

Spur|n|Austin
07-22-2014, 08:40 AM

They did give the Spurs their best run for their money this past post-season..

Ice009
07-22-2014, 08:51 AM

I still don't know what to think of the Dallas series. I'm not sure if Dallas was that good, or if the Spurs just didn't take them seriously enough. Maybe it was a little bit of both, with more of it being the Spurs not being ready/awake for the playoffs and Dallas giving it their all out there.

Spur|n|Austin
07-22-2014, 09:24 AM
I still don't know what to think of the Dallas series. I'm not sure if Dallas was that good, or if the Spurs just didn't take them seriously enough. Maybe it was a little bit of both, with more of it being the Spurs not being ready/awake for the playoffs and Dallas giving it their all out there.

This upcoming season will be a good measuring stick for them, especially since I think they improved, at least on paper.

Dallas def woke up a sleeping giant in the Spurs during Game 7 - and we should be somewhat grateful :lol

TE
07-22-2014, 09:30 AM
Dallas was very good. Their defense in the regular season was middle of the pack while their offense was one of the best in the league (the sets the ran utilized the Dirk-Ellis pnr, a very good scheme). The Spurs kicked themselves in the foot by turning the ball over and over passing a lot early in the series. They weren't a true eighth seed. More like a 5th-6th seed.

TampaDude
07-22-2014, 09:38 AM

If not for VC's ridiculous buzzer beater, the Spurs win that series in 5.

boutons_deux
07-22-2014, 09:42 AM
awww, so cute, sniff :violin

LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/22/maverick-carter-lebron-james-and-dwyane-wade-still-speak-nearly-daily/)
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/ddz1J?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nba

:makeout

Spur|n|Austin
07-22-2014, 09:43 AM
If not for VC's ridiculous buzzer beater, the Spurs win that series in 5.

Could have also been a travel..

TampaDude
07-22-2014, 09:49 AM
Could have also been a travel..

Heh...

TE
07-22-2014, 09:56 AM
awww, so cute, sniff :violin

LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/22/maverick-carter-lebron-james-and-dwyane-wade-still-speak-nearly-daily/)

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/ddz1J?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nba

:makeout

Wade sacrificed some guaranteed money but he should remain thankful (at life) that Bron got him two more rings to add to that fraud one from 06 imo

will_spurs
07-22-2014, 11:55 AM

Especially when the writer says he's not even sure Dallas is a contender...

Proxy
07-22-2014, 01:59 PM

iirc, Dirk said in the postgame 7 interview, that their unorthodox gameplan took the Spurs offguard, and that they slowly adjusted every game leading up to the final blowout.

I agree with that... I feel that the Mav's gameplan could be perceived a gimmicky defense that worked in this specific matchup. Two best coaches in the nba going at it. Great respect for Carlisle.

lefty
07-22-2014, 01:59 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Seinfeld-Laughing-with-Cigar.gif

Raven
07-22-2014, 02:19 PM
Dallas was very good. Their defense in the regular season was middle of the pack while their offense was one of the best in the league (the sets the ran utilized the Dirk-Ellis pnr, a very good scheme). The Spurs kicked themselves in the foot by turning the ball over and over passing a lot early in the series. They weren't a true eighth seed. More like a 5th-6th seed.

i couldn't disagree more, dallas had an awful D, i mean harris and calderon as a pg, ellis as the sg and dirk as the pf speak for themselves. they barely even qualified. The story of the series was simply one, and this is the unquestionable truth, Belinelli was playing, period.

Ice009
07-23-2014, 01:07 AM
i couldn't disagree more, dallas had an awful D, i mean harris and calderon as a pg, ellis as the sg and dirk as the pf speak for themselves. they barely even qualified. The story of the series was simply one, and this is the unquestionable truth, Belinelli was playing, period.

Belinelli was very bad on the defensive end of the court in the series. Dallas took advantage of him every chance they got. He almost made Vince Carter look like a prime Vince Carter again. Dallas really took advantage of him when he was on the court.

He's going to have to get a lot better defensively if he wants to play against the best teams.

It's kind of a similar situation to where Patty was last off season and going into the season. I thought the main area Patty needed to improve upon was on the defensive end of the court if he was going to get into the regular rotation. I'd say the same thing with Marco this upcoming season. That's the main point of emphasis for him IMO. He needs to work his ass off to become at least a passable defender for the Spurs to have him playing in the regular rotation.

T Park
07-23-2014, 03:48 AM
If they could sign Shawn Marion, outside of health they'd be twice as good next year.

G-Dawgg
07-23-2014, 09:43 PM
Dallas lookin good already. West gonna be even better next year lol

With Dallas adding Jameer Nelson to back-up Devin Harris, Dallas is going to be even more formidable.. Devin Harris killed us through 7 games of the first round playoffs with his midrange jumper. We couldn't stop him. Now with Jameer in the kix with his similar mid range game Dallas will be an even tougher out...

exstatic
07-23-2014, 09:53 PM
With Dallas adding Jameer Nelson to back-up Devin Harris, Dallas is going to be even more formidable.. Devin Harris killed us through 7 games of the first round playoffs with his midrange jumper. We couldn't stop him. Now with Jameer in the kix with his similar mid range game Dallas will be an even tougher out...

Dallas's switch/deny 3s defense that left the lane WIDE open can only work as a surprise, like once.

Josh810
07-23-2014, 10:31 PM
L.A. Lakers (27-55)
Pace: 101.0 (2), OffRtg: 101.9 (21), DefRtg: 107.9 (28), NetRtg: -6.0 (27)
Key addition(s): Lots of "And one!" yelps

:lol

Sean Cagney
07-23-2014, 11:11 PM

They are a rival team so probably a little bit of both, plus that Lucky Carter shot pushed it to 7, that truly was a flukey shot but it fell. That woke them up and primed them IMO.

Raven
07-24-2014, 07:26 AM

only problem, nelson is slow.

Captivus
07-24-2014, 07:29 AM
Mills...:depressed

SnakeBoy
07-24-2014, 08:05 AM
Who would you put as the 4th best team over Dallas?

Drachen
07-24-2014, 08:26 AM
I was in new Orleans last weekend and wore a Spurs hat the whole time that I was there. I got all sorts of attention and several people said "you from San Antonio? I'm a new Spurs fan" - lol (all of a sudden, right?). On my way back we stopped near Lafayette and there was this teenager wearing a slightly faded heat wind breaker and a brand new Spurs hat. I felt like asking him if he had a worn out Kobe Jersey at home. One guy did say that he wasn't a basketball fan, was only interested in football, but might start watching because the Spurs made the sport look so exciting to him and that it just made sense watching them play.

100%duncan
07-24-2014, 08:49 AM
^ :lol

Ok Imma share mine, I shared on FB(pre Lebron Decision 2.0) that article about Duncan as the best player post Jordan....

and then my mate who is a known bandwagoner commented something like "lol yeah right"

So just for shit and giggles I replied "Who you cheering for next year? Lebron's new team or where Carmelo would end up?" and he replied back not sensing my sarcasm "I'd cheer for LA when Kobe comes back." :lol

Yeah not really about praising the spurs but bandwagoners are truly funny and easy to troll :lol

ajh18
07-24-2014, 09:27 AM
Who would you put as the 4th best team over Dallas?

Gonna be a dogfight for those 3-6 seeds in the West, even moreso than this year. LA (who are bordering on the "top tier" with SA and OKC), Houston, Dallas, Portland, and Golden State will all be incredibly tough. That's a 1-7 lineup that will make for some really tough first round series. Then you have Phoenix, Memphis, the Brow trying to make NO relevant, and the Kobe trying to make the Lakers relevant. Just a brutal conference next year. That's 11 teams that easily make the playoffs in the East.

will_spurs
07-24-2014, 05:17 PM
Gonna be a dogfight for those 3-6 seeds in the West, even moreso than this year. LA (who are bordering on the "top tier" with SA and OKC), Houston, Dallas, Portland, and Golden State will all be incredibly tough. That's a 1-7 lineup that will make for some really tough first round series. Then you have Phoenix, Memphis, the Brow trying to make NO relevant, and the Kobe trying to make the Lakers relevant. Just a brutal conference next year. That's 11 teams that easily make the playoffs in the East.

Houston and Portland will be about as "incredibly tough" as this season, which is to say "not very much at all". Golden State is broken and can only win fluke games with incredibly high FG% that they can't consistently reproduce.

Phoenix, NO, Memphis or the Lakers are really outsiders. They could click at the right time but there's very little chance that's going to happen.

All in all the West will still be decided between SA, OKC, the Clippers and the Mavs.

therealtruth
07-24-2014, 06:02 PM
It's clear what Dallas is doing. They were too old last season and they're trying to balance that by adding youth. It's our young guys KL, DG, Tiago that have given us life the past couple of years.

Malik Hairston
07-24-2014, 06:21 PM
:lol the Mavs aren't even close to contending, tbh..I can't believe people put so much stock into a fluky 1st round series..

Every single year, Spurs fan overrates the rest of the conference..there are only 2 other threats: OKC and the Clippers(although they are more of a dark horse)..

Memphis should be better, but they match up poorly with the Spurs..

Houston got worse, and Portland is very likely to regress..there's no reason to believe Phoenix will be better, and I can't believe people are discussing the Lakers like they'll be anywhere near the playoffs:lmao..

Golden State is the only team that could see major improvements by playing in a new-age system, tbh, since they were one of the 5 most ISO-oriented teams under Mark Jackson, despite having plenty of passers/shooters on the roster..

exstatic
07-24-2014, 06:30 PM
It's clear what Dallas is doing. They were too old last season and they're trying to balance that by adding youth. It's our young guys KL, DG, Tiago that have given us life the past couple of years.

Then, they're doing a damn poor job of it. RJ is young? Tyson Chandler is young? Nelson is young?

Malik Hairston
07-24-2014, 06:33 PM
Then, they're doing a damn poor job of it. RJ is young? Tyson Chandler is young? Nelson is young?

:lol ya, I was thinking the same thing..Parsons is the only young rotation player they have IIRC..

CGD
07-24-2014, 06:33 PM
The east got better this year. Miami remains decent, not contending, but decent. Bulls look great if DRose returns. Cavs are relevant again. Wiz look very good and Are my favorites for first in the east. don't sleep on the hawks. One of the bucks, magic, or Sixers will take a step forward this season.

exstatic
07-24-2014, 06:49 PM
:lol ya, I was thinking the same thing..Parsons is the only young rotation player they have IIRC..

:lol I know, right? This board would have totally melted down if we had exchanged VC for HWSNBN, and yet there is a Mav envy thread. :lol