PDA

View Full Version : Call me crazy but Kawhi and Danny are the two most important Duo's in the team..

apalisoc_9
07-22-2014, 12:12 AM
It's not a coincidence that the spurs just suddenly went on a losing streak when they lost kawhi and danny...They are actually irreplaceable at this point. The spurs could actually cover up Duncan, Timmy or Parker's absence but they can't cover up Kawhi and danny.

Kawhi is truly the Most Valuable player in the team if you highlight value...

I think we should all take down our nostalgia glasses and accept the fact that Kawhi is more valuable to this team than any of the big 3..In a sense that, without Kawhi, the spurs will most likely struggle and will a significal fall in terms of winning %..They most likely will go down from a 60 plus winning team to something like 50-55...Without Kawhi and Danny, they will most likely be an 8th seed..

I can say with supreme confidence that even without Manu and Tony, the spurs will still be a 55 win team.

Splits
07-22-2014, 12:23 AM
http://i.minus.com/i4kRtpQROuR4N.gif

Prime Time
07-22-2014, 12:24 AM
I'm one of the few guys who still argues Kawhi/Danny/Tiago are just as valuable as Tony/Manu/Tim.. but c'mon, Spurs would be straight up fucked without Duncan.

Holden_Caulfield
07-22-2014, 12:25 AM
if danny ever learns to dribble

apalisoc_9
07-22-2014, 12:28 AM
I'm one of the few guys who still argues Kawhi/Danny/Tiago are just as valuable as Tony/Manu/Tim.. but c'mon, Spurs would be straight up fucked without Duncan.

Nope

Splitter-Diaw-Leonard-Green/Ginobili-Parker is a 55-60 win team..there's diaw and Tiago...Both are capable players that can cover up Duncan. Spurs are obviously better with Duncan but Losing Kawhi is game over for the spurs..Irrelevance is the word.

apalisoc_9
07-22-2014, 12:30 AM
Kawhi, Splitter, and Danny are actually more valuable at this point...People hate change, People hate seeing their stars go away, but it's the truth..

Ok maybe not Duncan, but Kawhi and Danny at this point is > Tony and Manu..

But Splitter is the second most underrated spur right now.

Brunodf
07-22-2014, 12:30 AM
2/10

apalisoc_9
07-22-2014, 12:34 AM
The lack of recognition the meduim 3 gets mainly because spurs fans are so scared to let go of their boyhood heroes and overall nostalgia is disgusting!..

Tony showed great leadership, Manu was phenomenal and timmy is the old fundamental...But It's ridiculous how underrated the meduim three are specially Danny and Tiago..

MeloHype
07-22-2014, 12:34 AM
"In the team" :lol

Aztecfan03
07-22-2014, 12:35 AM
Imagine the Spurs without Duncan/Splitter. We could better recover without kawhi/danny then without duncan/splitter.

Prime Time
07-22-2014, 12:37 AM
Nope

Splitter-Diaw-Leonard-Green/Ginobili-Parker is a 55-60 win team..there's diaw and Tiago...Both are capable players that can cover up Duncan. Spurs are obviously better with Duncan but Losing Kawhi is game over for the spurs..Irrelevance is the word.
Diaw and Tiago fill the void for Duncan about as well as Ginobili and Green could fill in for Leonard.. both of which are not very good :lol

Look at some of the monster games Duncan had in the playoffs. No other Spurs big could make up for that, no matter how good they are at defense/passing.

I personally feel Kawhi and Duncan are the 2 most valuable Spurs.. for Parker-Ginobili-Leonard-Splitter-Duncan with Diaw, Mills, and Belinelli on the bench could probably beat that starting five you listed.

apalisoc_9
07-22-2014, 12:37 AM
Imagine the Spurs without Duncan/Splitter. We could better recover without kawhi/danny then without duncan/splitter.

WTF that doesn't even make sense...of course losing both duncan and splitter=game over....

apalisoc_9
07-22-2014, 12:40 AM
"In the team" :lol

English is my fourth language....I learned ABC's when I was 14..

Pretty sure I've mentioned that a million times already. Not bad for a fourth language imo

Prime Time
07-22-2014, 12:41 AM
True.. then again, replacing Green and Leonard with Mills and Ginobili in the starting five would also be catastrophic defensively.

Fact is.. Spurs are complete in their current form. Take away 1 or 2 pieces and suddenly the entire team changes, that's how valuable each player is.

Aztecfan03
07-22-2014, 12:44 AM
WTF that doesn't even make sense...of course losing both duncan and splitter=game over....

You said most improtant duo and then talked about when the spurs were without green and Kawhi at the same time.

apalisoc_9
07-22-2014, 12:44 AM
Diaw and Tiago fill the void for Duncan about as well as Ginobili and Green could fill in for Leonard.. both of which are not very good :lol

Look at some of the monster games Duncan had in the playoffs. No other Spurs big could make up for that, no matter how good they are at defense/passing.

I personally feel Kawhi and Duncan are the 2 most valuable Spurs.. for Parker-Ginobili-Leonard-Splitter-Duncan with Diaw, Mills, and Belinelli on the bench could probably beat that starting five you listed.

I left out Timmy..I do think that in the playoff the spurs would need a big that can create a shot for himself ( Diaw alone won't suffice), but in terms of RS KL is actually more valuable. Considering how weak the league is in terms of Good big men, Duncan really isn't that much of a huge loss since that line up I typed is more than enough to get a top 3 seed. The league have an abundance of Skilled 1's, 2's and 3's...Losing an elite defender, is huge....

gilmor
07-22-2014, 12:48 AM
Diaw is prob the most important player along with Kawhi. The big 3 is still good for what they do; but without Diaw and Kawhi.. we won't win the championship

apalisoc_9
07-22-2014, 12:49 AM
You said most improtant duo and then talked about when the spurs were without green and Kawhi at the same time.

In the Playoff, they are obviously just as important..RS is a different story though because you have to consider other other teams. The league today is full of Skilled Guards and Forwards today..Shitty teams and mediocre teams that the spurs don't need to worry about will be nightmare in the RS...

Imo, it all comes down to what kind of talent the league have right now.

IMO, if the league is filled with Great big men..I'd say losing Diaw-Duncan-Splitter would a minus 5 or 10 in the win coloum but it's not though.

apalisoc_9
07-22-2014, 12:49 AM

In the Playoff, they are obviously just as important..RS is a different story though because you have to consider other other teams. The league is full of Skilled Guards and Forwards today..Shitty teams and mediocre teams that the spurs don't need to worry about will be nightmare in the RS...

IMO, if the league is filled with Great big men..I'd say losing Diaw-Duncan-Splitter would a minus 5 or 10 in the win coloum but it's not though.

apalisoc_9
07-22-2014, 12:52 AM
True.. then again, replacing Green and Leonard with Mills and Ginobili in the starting five would also be catastrophic defensively.

Fact is.. Spurs are complete in their current form. Take away 1 or 2 pieces and suddenly the entire team changes, that's how valuable each player is.

We should avoid cliches that absoutely not true since that takes away value from players that are clearly more valuable...The spurs did just fine without Parker and Will do just fine in the RS with Parker or Ginobili...

Take out Green or Kawhi or both and you probably have 50% team..

Kool Bob Love
07-22-2014, 12:54 AM
:wow
http://youtu.be/59Tu0ixuXB0

Aztecfan03
07-22-2014, 12:56 AM
In the Playoff, they are obviously just as important..RS is a different story though because you have to consider other other teams. The league is full of Skilled Guards and Forwards today..Shitty teams and mediocre teams that the spurs don't need to worry about will be nightmare in the RS...

? Are you saying the SPurs wouldn't miss a beat in the RS with Baynes, Ayres, and Bonner as our big men? Or do you mean missing only one of the trio above? Because missing both Splitter and Duncan is exponentially worse than just missing one of them.

DMC
07-22-2014, 01:03 AM
Two guys make one duo, not two.

apalisoc_9
07-22-2014, 01:03 AM
? Are you saying the SPurs wouldn't miss a beat in the RS with Baynes, Ayres, and Bonner as our big men? Or do you mean missing only one of the trio above? Because missing both Splitter and Duncan is exponentially worse than just missing one of them.

I meant one of them..

Although my point is that missing of one kawhi or danny is a bigger loss in the RS than missing one of Tiago and Duncan...

Aztecfan03
07-22-2014, 01:04 AM
I meant one of them..

Although my point is that missing of one kawhi or danny is a bigger loss in the RS than missing one of Tiago and Duncan...

Kawhi maybe, but not green. But the SPurs stil did pretty well in the RS before kawhi and green got here and we sucked at those spots. Since then,although tony is worse, Duncan hasn't really gotten worse and splitter is better than blair, so how did the Spurs win so much without Kawhi and green?

apalisoc_9
07-22-2014, 01:07 AM

yeah yeah..

English is not even my third language DMC..That should be common knowledge by now considering how i construct my sentences...I know what a Duo is, but I am prone to making mistakes likes these..People should give me a break, I was already in my teen's when I learned the English Alphabet..:lol

apalisoc_9
07-22-2014, 01:21 AM
Kawhi maybe, but not green. But the SPurs stil did pretty well in the RS before kawhi and green got here and we sucked at those spots. Since then,although tony is worse, Duncan hasn't really gotten worse and splitter is better than blair, so how did the Spurs win so much without Kawhi and green?

Maybe because Tony was argubly the best PG in the league and Duncan and Manu were a few years younger?

Baam
07-22-2014, 04:40 AM
It's not a coincidence that the spurs just suddenly went on a losing streak when they lost kawhi and danny...They are actually irreplaceable at this point. The spurs could actually cover up Duncan, Timmy or Parker's absence but they can't cover up Kawhi and danny.

I think we should all take down our nostalgia glasses and accept the fact that Kawhi is more valuable to this team than any of the big 3..In a sense that, without Kawhi, the spurs will most likely struggle and will a significal fall in terms of winning %..They most likely will go down from a 60 plus winning team to something like 50-55...Without Kawhi and Danny, they will most likely be an 8th seed..

I can say with supreme confidence that even without Manu and Tony, the spurs will still be a 55 win team.

You find way to sound dumber every day tbh :toast...

Baam
07-22-2014, 04:44 AM
The lack of recognition the meduim 3 gets mainly because spurs fans are so scared to let go of their boyhood heroes and overall nostalgia is disgusting!..

Tony showed great leadership, Manu was phenomenal and timmy is the old fundamental...But It's ridiculous how underrated the meduim three are specially Danny and Tiago..

Tiago is so underrated that he was turned into a cheerleader by Ibaka and Bonner stole his minutes :lmao... Matt Bonner is way more underrated than Tiago Splitter, true story...

FireMicoHalili
07-22-2014, 04:52 AM
Green's defense is valuable, sure, but some consistency in shooting would be nice too. His shooting comes in waves...and it was disappointing to see his stroke flat-line in the last few games of last year. Hard to argue now because of this year's championship though.

aal04
07-22-2014, 05:07 AM
Duncans there to make sure things run smoothly when they disappear... like in about 5 games during the playoffs run. Hes the consistent contingency plan.

barakz21
07-22-2014, 05:35 AM
Well... Kawhi and Danny are part of the medium 3 after all, along with Splitter. They're very important to the team, but their contributions don't always show up on the box scores.

dabom
07-22-2014, 07:24 AM
Pop and Tim is the most important duo of this team.

Tim duncan is the most important person on this team. Can drop 20 and 10 on you with great defense every game. I rarely see him have a bad game. Like ever.

Pop is the second most important person on this team. With all our injuries this year we and no pop, we might be 6-8 seed fodder. This guy is the brains behind everything including all the playoff adjustments.

Next are Manu and Tony. When healthy are amazing. Last year tony b4 he got injured and this year manu. If we ever get both those guys healthy. WOW.

Next are Kawhi and Green. Very inconsistent duo even when healthy. They can disappear and we still win. Both crucial to our team, but you can bet we can replace both better than manu and tony.

Next are Splitter and Diaw. Both are major weapons agaisnt certain teams. Splitter is great vs traditional bigs like mavs and portland. Diaw is great vs small ball lineups like the heat and okc(for a couple of games).

The rest are all meh to me.

DMC
07-22-2014, 08:28 AM
yeah yeah..

English is not even my third language DMC..That should be common knowledge by now considering how i construct my sentences...I know what a Duo is, but I am prone to making mistakes likes these..People should give me a break, I was already in my teen's when I learned the English Alphabet..:lol

Then stop making endless numbers of threads.

BillMc
07-22-2014, 08:40 AM
Pop and Tim is the most important duo of this team.

Tim duncan is the most important person on this team. Can drop 20 and 10 on you with great defense every game. I rarely see him have a bad game. Like ever.

Pop is the second most important person on this team. With all our injuries this year we and no pop, we might be 6-8 seed fodder. This guy is the brains behind everything including all the playoff adjustments.

Next are Manu and Tony. When healthy are amazing. Last year tony b4 he got injured and this year manu. If we ever get both those guys healthy. WOW.

Next are Kawhi and Green. Very inconsistent duo even when healthy. They can disappear and we still win. Both crucial to our team, but you can bet we can replace both better than manu and tony.

Next are Splitter and Diaw. Both are major weapons agaisnt certain teams. Splitter is great vs traditional bigs like mavs and portland. Diaw is great vs small ball lineups like the heat and okc(for a couple of games).

The rest are all meh to me.

I'd generally agree with this (though Patty Mills is never "meh" to me.

I do think Danny is underrated even by Spurs fans. He's a hell of a defender, streaky but ultimately successful 3 point shooter, and his ability to put it on the floor and drive is improving enough where he's becoming a real headache for opposing teams. He was huge in the 4th quarter of Game 1 of the finals, probably the reason we pulled away and won that game (more so than LeBron's cramps). He was also big in game 3 with all those steals, and in games 4 and 5 really shut down Wade. Made him look old and washed up.

Danny will never approach the money Leonard's about to get, but he's our second most important "young" player. (Third and fourth are Splitter and Mills, though Tiago really isn't that young). We'll see if Anderson can join the list...

dabom
07-22-2014, 08:49 AM
I'd generally agree with this (though Patty Mills is never "meh" to me.

I do think Danny is underrated even by Spurs fans. He's a hell of a defender, streaky but ultimately successful 3 point shooter, and his ability to put it on the floor and drive is improving enough where he's becoming a real headache for opposing teams. He was huge in the 4th quarter of Game 1 of the finals, probably the reason we pulled away and won that game (more so than LeBron's cramps). He was also big in game 3 with all those steals, and in games 4 and 5 really shut down Wade. Made him look old and washed up.

Danny will never approach the money Leonard's about to get, but he's our second most important "young" player. (Third and fourth are Splitter and Mills, though Tiago really isn't that young). We'll see if Anderson can join the list...

I knew I was missing someone. Yeah Mills is in there with the tiago and diaw tier even though we're talking about duos.
I like danny greens game. I wanna see more next year, but all the marco fans will hate me. lol

Dex
07-22-2014, 08:51 AM
This post exemplifies the true beauty of this team. Every piece on the team has a purpose, and their value is greater than the sum of their parts. There are at least six guys, maybe seven, whose absence could potentially disrupt that harmony (Tony, Tim, Manu, Kawhi, Danny, Boris, Tiago).

Roger Freemason Jr.
07-22-2014, 08:56 AM
Call me crazy but I think the Spurs just won their fifth championship.

mando6599
07-22-2014, 08:57 AM
http://i.minus.com/i4kRtpQROuR4N.gif

Is this block on BronBron from 2013 or 2014 finals?

dabom
07-22-2014, 09:02 AM

Looks like 2014.

TE
07-22-2014, 09:26 AM
Man, when threads like this are posted it's like fuck... people make a statement only to rile up others. Enjoy the championship smh. We never know when we'll get another.

Yuixafun
07-22-2014, 09:41 AM

Yup, like two Boobs = one Breast

Yuixafun
07-22-2014, 09:42 AM

I think they called a foul on this play... I distinctly remember being hyped and then being disgusted

TE
07-22-2014, 09:43 AM
Wow at the length of Kawhi's arms.

Spur|n|Austin
07-22-2014, 09:45 AM

English is his 4th language geez :cry

ducks
07-22-2014, 10:06 AM
spurs record without lenonard is .500 enough said

dabom
07-22-2014, 10:07 AM

But we're talking about Leonard.

Old School 44
07-22-2014, 10:30 AM

While I might agree about Kawhi being just as, or more important than anyone else on the team, lumping him with Danny as a duo is like saying "Between Tim and I we have 5 NBA championships". Don't get me wrong, I like Danny, but he's nowhere near as important as Tony, Tim and Manu and you can probably add Boris and Tiago in there too.

Raven
07-22-2014, 10:43 AM
Green's defense is valuable, sure, but some consistency in shooting would be nice too. His shooting comes in waves...and it was disappointing to see his stroke flat-line in the last few games of last year. Hard to argue now because of this year's championship though.

it's 2014 not 2010.

Raven
07-22-2014, 10:48 AM
well we know timmy, tony and manu, don't really defend anymore. They do try, and sometimes they have good stretches, but all three are worse defenders every year, which of course is perfectly normal. Kawhi, Danny and Tiago are the reason we are not the gooden - villanueva type of team anymore.

hitmantb
07-22-2014, 11:49 AM
They are without any question, the best overall wings Spurs ever had, would be insane if Duncan had these guys earlier in his career. Their growth from 2012 (intimidated by OKC's sheer talent) to 2014 (stepped up and matched Wade/LeBron) was the difference.

Spurs playoff success in Duncan era has always been about the quality of the wings.

diego
07-22-2014, 01:02 PM
Duncan and manu, even at their age, are the most important duo and once they retire the spurs will be a middle of the pack pretender, regardless of who the FO manages to replace them with. Maybe after a season or two pop can retool his system to the new personnel, but the current system won't produce the same results without them (1-2 seed, wcf or better). And before you start with 09-11, first those teams despite playoff failure were still 1-2 seed, but remember also the pieces of shit they were playing with (rj, bogans, rmj, Blair, corpses of Thomas and mcdyess, ian mahinmi, george hill, RJ). In a couple years time will tell.

dunkman
07-22-2014, 01:07 PM
1. Duncan - Kawhi
2. Manu - Parker
3. Splitter - Diaw
4. Green - Patty

Captivus
07-22-2014, 01:53 PM
Someone is gonna bump this thread in about a year and a half.

spurraider21
07-22-2014, 02:51 PM
Kawhi and Danny are one duo, not two.

Splits
07-22-2014, 04:00 PM

Game 4 2014 Finals

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/iNeJM_xe8eI/NBA+Finals+Game+4/82-5Bi532CJ/LeBron+James

Captivus
07-22-2014, 05:21 PM
I have a doubt:
Can 2 players be the most important duos?

I mean...I would assume you need 4 players in order to have the "two most important duos"? Right?
Or does that work in english?

marinoman
07-22-2014, 05:36 PM
I say Kawhi then Tim. If they play poor or are injured we're in trouble. If parker struggles, Mills is there, and im a big Joseph supporter as well. If Green plays like shit, ie game 5 of the finals, its not a killer, neither is manu when he struggles.
Best player on the team id say Parker with Kawhi closing in, but most valuable to our team, for me it's easily kawhii and tim

DJR210
07-22-2014, 05:37 PM
if danny ever learns to dribble

:lol game 3 against Miami he was a fucking changed man tbh

DJR210
07-22-2014, 05:39 PM
I have a doubt:
Can 2 players be the most important duos?

I mean...I would assume you need 4 players in order to have the "two most important duos"? Right?
Or does that work in english?

:lmao I was thinking the same thing

apalisoc_9 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=11260) holding true to my assessment as being ST's equivalent to Jeff Ayers

Nathan89
07-22-2014, 05:57 PM
I rather the Spurs be without Green for the playoffs than without Duncan.

Prose
07-22-2014, 06:01 PM
exactly tim is the anchor and the glue that holds the whole puzzle together. with tim protecting the rim it allows danny and kawhi to be more aggressive on the perimeter.

FireMicoHalili
07-22-2014, 06:29 PM
it's 2014 not 2010.
Sorry man I missed your point, hope you'd expound on that. Or not, sorry if your snark didn't work.

cd021
07-22-2014, 06:31 PM

its like he was rope a doping everyone in to thinking he couldn't dribble. He impressed me as much as Kawhi did in game 3.

BanditHiro
07-22-2014, 06:55 PM
yep it is no coincidence that the two closes games in the Finals was because both Green and Kawhi were in foul trouble.

therealtruth
07-22-2014, 08:07 PM
There wasn't a single matchup the Heat really had the advantage at. DG stopped a DWade that looked pretty good in the ECF.

Getting back to your point about why KL and DG are so important. It really helps to have length on the wings. Jordan/Pippen were long defenders. It makes it difficult for the other team to run their offense when you can disrupt them with that length. With TD/Splitter in the paint there isn't much space left on the court.

spurraider21
07-22-2014, 09:50 PM
:lol that left handed floater by Green to start the 4th. thats when the game was over

cd021
07-22-2014, 10:17 PM

several of those games were without Green, Splitter, Ginobili or Parker so thats a bit overrated.

Raven
07-23-2014, 04:21 AM
Sorry man I missed your point, hope you'd expound on that. Or not, sorry if your snark didn't work.
Well, they already posted some videos...

KL2
07-23-2014, 08:31 AM
Agreed, they are very important, they ARE the perimeter defense on this team. Parker rarely has to guard opposing PG's because of Green, while Leonard handles the great SF's such as KD/LBJ, and can rebound even amongst bigs.

i think the biggest thing KL brings to this team his his toughness and energy, after he fucking grilled Ibaka he sort of destroyed that "beast" in the paint, others followed suit and attacked him. SA has a history of getting owned by shot blockers such as Ibaka, they go into pussy mode and settle for low % jumpers. I remember the days when Bynum used to make everyone in SA quit.

wildchild
07-23-2014, 09:09 AM
Green and Leonard are the best defensive duo in the NBA.
The Spurs have dramatically improved since 2008 and these two guys are the main reason for the vast improvement.

Like Woj said "Leonard is the reason the Spurs are chasing championships again. He changed everything for the Spurs. He gave them size and strength and athleticism to partner with his calculating, cunning basketball mind. Eventually, he gave them a startling offensive game to go with his stifling defense. Against Oklahoma City and Miami, he gave them a defender for Kevin Durant and LeBron James. Yes, Kawhi Leonard gave the Spurs a chance again"
And I would like to add Green to the equation.

Cklbmk
07-23-2014, 11:46 AM
Tim Duncan needs to take after Kevin Willis and come back for every playoff run

Cklbmk
07-23-2014, 01:45 PM
Kawhi is part of the big 3. Parker is part of the other 4... Parker...Splitter.. Diaw...Green

barbacoataco
07-23-2014, 02:46 PM
I think Parker is way underrated on this board. He still led the Spurs in scoring in the playoffs even though he was hurt. His ability to drive and break down defenses is what makes the Spurs go.

Leonard is awesome but he had some iffy moments in the playoffs too. In the OKC series he was pretty meh on the offensive end. In that series it was Manu who really carried the team at times. The spurs have so many weapons no reason to always be comparing them.

Cklbmk
07-23-2014, 03:27 PM
I think Parker is way underrated on this board. He still led the Spurs in scoring in the playoffs even though he was hurt. His ability to drive and break down defenses is what makes the Spurs go.

Leonard is awesome but he had some iffy moments in the playoffs too. In the OKC series he was pretty meh on the offensive end. In that series it was Manu who really carried the team at times. The spurs have so many weapons no reason to always be comparing them.

Theres a reason the vegas odds were the same for the Spurs with tony playing and without tony playing. He's clearly not important to success.

He needs to be traded for someone relevant before his value plummets due to old age

dabom
07-23-2014, 03:38 PM
Theres a reason the vegas odds were the same for the Spurs with tony playing and without tony playing. He's clearly not important to success.

He needs to be traded for someone relevant before his value plummets due to old age

I knew you were trolling earlier but ignored you. How about you STFU already.
We should trade some stupid fans.

boutons_deux
07-23-2014, 03:51 PM
where the hell did Danny get that floater? and started finishing at the rim? WTH?

therealtruth
07-24-2014, 08:33 PM

TP might be underrated but we can't win with him as our best player. That's not to say he can't be leading scorer. But when he's our best player the defense can focus it's attention on stopping him. With KL taking on a bigger role this year the Heat couldn't simply put Lebron on TP and get the same effect. It also makes TP more deadly as he can score when the defense isn't paying attention to him.

Shabazz
07-24-2014, 08:37 PM
English is my fourth language....I learned ABC's when I was 14..

Pretty sure I've mentioned that a million times already. Not bad for a fourth language imo

That's impressive.

Shabazz
07-24-2014, 08:38 PM
where the hell did Danny get that floater? and started finishing at the rim? WTH?

hard workers rarely take time off

Kidd K
07-24-2014, 08:51 PM
I love Leonard and Green, especially Green due to his hard time getting a role then making a name for himself as what could possibly be an all time great 3pt shooter. . .

But OP, stop it. The Spurs would fall apart without Duncan and Parker. You have to know this. Don't be that guy who thinks major key players are somehow not important because they Spurs did okay without them for one half or a game or two.

barbacoataco
07-24-2014, 08:59 PM
Watch the Finals and you'll see that Lebron was guarding Parker most of the time. Miami went into the series keying on stopping Parker driving to the basket. That opens up possibilities for everyone else. So you can dig out Tony all you want but the fact that Lebron was defending Parker says a lot.

Malik Hairston
07-24-2014, 09:03 PM
Parker had a net negative on/off during the playoffs, which doesn't make sense if you're trying to argue that the team runs entirely on his performance, tbh..

I'm not arguing that the Spurs were better without him on the floor, they certainly weren't, but it's virtually impossible to argue that he was the key cog on the team when he had net negative on/off metrics, tbh..

The 2012-2013 Spurs' offense was certainly carried by Parker and his superstar-like performance during that season, but 2013-14 Parker was not even in the same universe as the former, tbh..

Technically, every player on the 2014 Spurs was an elite role player..there wasn't really any particular player that was assigned to carry the team in one specific facet of the game..they all had 1 or 2 roles to play at an elite level while being aided by another 1 or 2 players in that specific facet..

ElNono
07-24-2014, 09:25 PM
Parker had a net negative on/off during the playoffs, which doesn't make sense if you're trying to argue that the team runs entirely on his performance, tbh..

I'm not arguing that the Spurs were better without him on the floor, they certainly weren't, but it's virtually impossible to argue that he was the key cog on the team when he had net negative on/off metrics, tbh..

The 2012-2013 Spurs' offense was certainly carried by Parker and his superstar-like performance during that season, but 2013-14 Parker was not even in the same universe as the former, tbh..

Technically, every player on the 2014 Spurs was an elite role player..there wasn't really any particular player that was assigned to carry the team in one specific facet of the game..they all had 1 or 2 roles to play at an elite level while being aided by another 1 or 2 players in that specific facet..

hater

baseline bum
07-24-2014, 09:40 PM

It's amazing how much Verde improved this year. In 2013 his ball handling was about the worst in the league for a guard, fast forward to 2014 and he's taking LeBron off the dribble. I went fucking nuts seeing that 3 point play at the 1:50 mark at the time.