07-22-2014, 01:55 AM
On the 29th

spursfan1000
07-22-2014, 02:18 AM
On the 29th

thankyou, I didn't think it would take this long

Russo21
07-22-2014, 05:15 AM
Pre-Ordered mine on June 17th. They said it should arrive around August 5th. That was from the Yahoo Sports Shop.

urunobili
07-22-2014, 09:32 AM
Ships August 1st...

fundamental9903
07-22-2014, 04:32 PM
If you have iTunes, it's out as of this morning. https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/2014-nba-champions-san-antonio/id895464027

rayray2k8
07-22-2014, 04:51 PM
Kinda want a hard copy of this. I'm gonna assume the blu-ray version will cost more.

bobcatfan4life
07-22-2014, 04:57 PM
Kinda want a hard copy of this. I'm gonna assume the blu-ray version will cost more.

The hard copies only come in a blu ray/DVD combo pack.

TrueSpursFan
07-22-2014, 05:09 PM
Who's watched it already? Worth the $5 to watch it right now?

Splits
07-22-2014, 05:14 PM
The iTunes version is only 56 minutes, doesn't include any of the games.

jhfenton
07-22-2014, 07:55 PM
The blu-ray/DVD combo is $19.99 on Amazon vs. $12.99 to buy on iTunes. I preordered the blu-ray/DVD combo a few weeks ago to go with my DVDs for the previous championship years.

TampaDude
07-23-2014, 09:36 AM
The iTunes version is only 56 minutes, doesn't include any of the games.

I already have the important games DVR'd, so I'm fine with the iTunes version. Best thing is I can stream it to my Apple TV and watch it in HD on the big screen. :hat

Amuseddaysleeper
07-23-2014, 11:12 AM
What special features does the bluray include?

urunobili
07-23-2014, 11:14 AM
What special features does the bluray include?

Hopefully all 4 finals wins and 4th quarter of WCF game 6 tbh

Spur|n|Austin
08-26-2014, 01:20 PM
For those that didn't order it, here's a streaming version via Hulu:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/674863

Ginobili3
08-28-2014, 08:17 PM
DVDs haven't been good since 2010 Lakers one

Spurs 4 The Win
08-28-2014, 08:56 PM

Thanks, some good stuff in there. Definitely not worth 10 though

daslicer
08-28-2014, 11:42 PM

Thanks for posting this video I'm definitely glad that I didn't buy it. They were a few good tidbits in this film but overall it sucked compared to the previous spurs championship dvds. Its not just this NBA championship DVD that has sucked but the previous ones that have been done by Ahmad Rashad have been crap the last few years.

spurs10
08-29-2014, 01:00 AM
I got my DVD and Blue-ray discs today after returning from vacation. Thought it was great...

scanry
08-29-2014, 03:49 AM
A bunch of NBA Finals mini movies tbh.

baseline bum
08-29-2014, 11:33 AM
Thanks for posting this video I'm definitely glad that I didn't buy it. They were a few good tidbits in this film but overall it sucked compared to the previous spurs championship dvds. Its not just this NBA championship DVD that has sucked but the previous ones that have been done by Ahmad Rashad have been crap the last few years.

Ahmad Rashad would be fine doing narration if the NBA gave a shit about actually telling the story of the season. Instead they do an interview with each of the star players, an interview with Pop, and then stretch out a bunch of generic answers so they can give the generic storyline: season wasn't going so great, had some adversity, then we started playing well, but who cares once the playoffs start; it's a whole new animal. How do you tell the story of the Spurs season and not mention the 19 game win streak, not show Diaw's three to tie the Dallas series 2-2, not show Leonard's block on Westbrook in OT to save the win nor Tim's shot that used all the rim to ice the game? Never even mentioned that the fourth quarter of Game 1 was one of the two best shooting quarters in the history of the Finals (with the other being the first quarter of Game 3), never mentioned that the Spurs set a record for FG% in a Finals series, never mention they set a record for point differential in a Finals? Every year since 2000 it's the same bland storyline in these DVDs.

timtonymanu
08-29-2014, 12:10 PM
The past Spurs dvds, whether you like them or not, still gave good coverage of the season and recapped the big moments of the playoffs. Like baseline said, there was no footage of Diaw's big 3, Leonard's steal, and Duncan's actual game winning shot against OKC (they used the shot that he hit over Ibaka). Game 6 of the WCF was barely covered, even though it was a top 2 game of the 2014 playoffs. I also would have liked to see them acknowledge our guys outside the Big 3 and Leonard. Shameful product, tbh.

Spurs 4 The Win
08-29-2014, 12:25 PM
Ahmad Rashad would be fine doing narration if the NBA gave a shit about actually telling the story of the season. Instead they do an interview with each of the star players, an interview with Pop, and then stretch out a bunch of generic answers so they can give the generic storyline: season wasn't going so great, had some adversity, then we started playing well, but who cares once the playoffs start; it's a whole new animal. How do you tell the story of the Spurs season and not mention the 19 game win streak, not show Diaw's three to tie the Dallas series 2-2, not show Leonard's block on Westbrook in OT to save the win nor Tim's shot that used all the rim to ice the game? Never even mentioned that the fourth quarter of Game 1 was one of the two best shooting quarters in the history of the Finals (with the other being the first quarter of Game 3), never mentioned that the Spurs set a record for FG% in a Finals series, never mention they set a record for point differential in a Finals? Every year since 2000 it's the same bland storyline in these DVDs.

Exactly, and I only made it to the Finals series in the video because it started just like the Mini Movies and I just sighed and thought, not this shit again.... I mean seriously, over half the DVD is material that nearly every fan had already seen. Where was the behind the scenes interview about how the team felt being tied 2-2 with OKC, being tied 1-1 to Miami, being tied 2-2 with Dallas, they really really dropped the ball, pitiful

scanry
08-29-2014, 12:29 PM
The last 35 minutes of the video was basically the mini movies with some Ahmad Rashad narration. Pretty sad tbh. Have they run out of talent tbh? Why not give the contract to TNT or CBS and have them make, market and sell the damn video.

spurs10
08-29-2014, 01:13 PM
Ahmad Rashad would be fine doing narration if the NBA gave a shit about actually telling the story of the season. Instead they do an interview with each of the star players, an interview with Pop, and then stretch out a bunch of generic answers so they can give the generic storyline: season wasn't going so great, had some adversity, then we started playing well, but who cares once the playoffs start; it's a whole new animal. How do you tell the story of the Spurs season and not mention the 19 game win streak, not show Diaw's three to tie the Dallas series 2-2, not show Leonard's block on Westbrook in OT to save the win nor Tim's shot that used all the rim to ice the game? Never even mentioned that the fourth quarter of Game 1 was one of the two best shooting quarters in the history of the Finals (with the other being the first quarter of Game 3), never mentioned that the Spurs set a record for FG% in a Finals series, never mention they set a record for point differential in a Finals? Every year since 2000 it's the same bland storylinfe in these DVDs. I think the ITunes version is a truncated version. They did talk about the win streak and the 76% shooting clinic they put on in the 4th quarter of game one. They did show Tim in OT in OKC, but not the final shot. It was the one where he pumped and faked out Ibaka. The block on Westbrook should have indeed been in there. I have all the full games and have seen most of the highlights dozens of times. Trying to cover an entire season and playoffs in 77 minutes is tough. I'm glad I bought it because years from now it will mean even more to me.

B-Hath
08-29-2014, 02:46 PM
Trying to cover an entire season and playoffs in 77 minutes is tough. I'm glad I bought it because years from now it will mean even more to me.

Then why did past Championship videos do it so well? Past videos have been up to 200 minutes long, when you count the season retrospective, along with the bonus features. Ahmad Rashad sounded like he was doing narration for a Nickelodeon after school special. This effort was absolutely pathetic. But I'm have this OCD thing where I absolutely HAD to buy it, to have this edition next to the others. I've watched this thing once. I tried to watch it again, but got pissed off half way through and turned it off. I then popped in the 2003 DVD and was much happier.

spurs10
08-29-2014, 05:14 PM
Then why did past Championship videos do it so well? Past videos have been up to 200 minutes long, when you count the season retrospective, along with the bonus features. Ahmad Rashad sounded like he was doing narration for a Nickelodeon after school special. This effort was absolutely pathetic. But I'm have this OCD thing where I absolutely HAD to buy it, to have this edition next to the others. I've watched this thing once. I tried to watch it again, but got pissed off half way through and turned it off. I then popped in the 2003 DVD and was much happier. I can't find my 2005 DVD, but 99 was 50 minutes and 2003 was almost 200 minutes. While I would have enjoyed a longer video, this year had some great moments. "Pathetic?" I dunno. Everyone talking how horrible it was had my expectations so low that when I actually saw it I enjoyed it. Thanks for the reminder about 2003. Looks like a lot of great stuff. Haven't seen it in years. I mostly watch the games from the 16 disc box set. Game 5 2005 from the end of the third quarter on is killer, same thing with game 7 that year.

B-Hath
08-29-2014, 08:47 PM
I can't find my 2005 DVD, but 99 was 50 minutes and 2003 was almost 200 minutes.

Well, the 99 was originally released on VHS, so I forgive a short run time. The 2005 DVD was 200 minutes. It only had the clinching fourth quarter of the Finals, but it had a ton of other bonus features. But I routinely put on Game 5 from 05 from the 16 disc box set. I say "pathetic" because there is no good reason for so little effort to have been put into this years. A lackluster season review, and 4 small video packages as "bonus features". Half of which had either already been produced during the season, or before the Finals. Spurs fans on YouTube outclassed NBA Entertainment.

spurs10
08-30-2014, 01:21 AM
Well, the 99 was originally released on VHS, so I forgive a short run time. The 2005 DVD was 200 minutes. It only had the clinching fourth quarter of the Finals, but it had a ton of other bonus features. But I routinely put on Game 5 from 05 from the 16 disc box set. I say "pathetic" because there is no good reason for so little effort to have been put into this years. A lackluster season review, and 4 small video packages as "bonus features". Half of which had either already been produced during the season, or before the Finals. Spurs fans on YouTube outclassed NBA Entertainment. I get what you mean. Maybe Ken Burns will do a proper one some day and I'm not kidding. Last season is one of the biggest and greatest sports story in my lifetime. Sure I'm a huge fan, but you could not have made up a better story than we all witnessed. In the days that followed our devastating loss last year I was looking for a silver lining in all of it. I realized it was only a game and there are many people in the world with real problems. However, as a fan that wasn't the silver lining I was looking for. I realized win or lose we were going to witness this team play with a determination not quite like anything we've ever seen. They weren't going to talk about it. Tim, Pop, and the rest were going to put their heads down and work. I never necessarily was convinced they'd win the championship, I just knew they were going keel over trying. Rodeo people call that "try." I call it determination. We are blessed fans my friend.

baseline bum
08-30-2014, 07:35 AM
I get what you mean. Maybe Ken Burns will do a proper one some day and I'm not kidding. Last season is one of the biggest and greatest sports story in my lifetime. Sure I'm a huge fan, but you could not have made up a better story than we all witnessed. In the days that followed our devastating loss last year I was looking for a silver lining in all of it. I realized it was only a game and there are many people in the world with real problems. However, as a fan that wasn't the silver lining I was looking for. I realized win or lose we were going to witness this team play with a determination not quite like anything we've ever seen. They weren't going to talk about it. Tim, Pop, and the rest were going to put their heads down and work. I never necessarily was convinced they'd win the championship, I just knew they were going keel over trying. Rodeo people call that "try." I call it determination. We are blessed fans my friend.

Ken Burns sucks. I still remember the way he kept patting himself on the back for all these great shots he took in his national parks documentary, and then I saw the piece of shit and every shot was something you'd get right off the road. That shit was being hyped like he was Ansel Adams and instead it was the park experience 300 lb people on fat scooters would have. And the way he focused on people instead of the parks themselves. His documentaries are like bad highschool textbooks. His baseball documentary is so boring. His prohibition documentary the same. A Ken Burns documentary on the Spurs would be 60% still shots of Coby Dietrick and Mike Gale with bad narration over it. I can't believe how gifted Ken Burns is in taking incredibly interesting topics and making them seem like 10th grade history. Fuck that guy.

spurs10
08-31-2014, 01:52 AM
Ken Burns sucks. I still remember the way he kept patting himself on the back for all these great shots he took in his national parks documentary, and then I saw the piece of shit and every shot was something you'd get right off the road. That shit was being hyped like he was Ansel Adams and instead it was the park experience 300 lb people on fat scooters would have. And the way he focused on people instead of the parks themselves. His documentaries are like bad highschool textbooks. His baseball documentary is so boring. His prohibition documentary the same. A Ken Burns documentary on the Spurs would be 60% still shots of Coby Dietrick and Mike Gale with bad narration over it. I can't believe how gifted Ken Burns is in taking incredibly interesting topics and making them seem like 10th grade history. Fuck that guy. He told me he really liked you!? It's doubtful Burns is the cinematographer on many of his films/series. I know the National Park series was written by his colleague Dayton Duncan. Burns was his co-producer. I spend a lot of time in our National Parks and feel the purpose of films like theirs is encouraging people to visit them and see for themselves. The Civil War documentary was lauded by many.

baseline bum
08-31-2014, 02:02 PM
I spend a lot of time in our National Parks and feel the purpose of films like theirs is encouraging people to visit them and see for themselves.

I think he failed miserably there, since that NP documentary was all boring stories about administrators, rangers, and politicians instead of the parks themselves. Just like the shitty championship DVD, there is so much better content on our NPs on YouTube than in his big budget documentary. For instance, Yosemite Nature Notes just kills any of the coverage Burns gave Yosemite (which he spent a lot of time on):

mgnzSTY5zRg

yneADYBWRvs

qB7uuwBL8lg

80CulKuksHc

9V9p4mFEYXc

spurs10
08-31-2014, 02:21 PM
I think he failed miserably there, since that NP documentary was all boring stories about administrators, rangers, and politicians instead of the parks themselves. Just like the shitty championship DVD, there is so much better content on our NPs on YouTube than in his big budget documentary. For instance, Yosemite Nature Notes just kills any of the coverage Burns gave Yosemite (which he spent a lot of time on): mgnzSTY5zRg yneADYBWRvs qB7uuwBL8lg 80CulKuksHc 9V9p4mFEYXc Thanks for the Yosemite Nature Notes. Haven't spent as much time there but it's beautiful. And speaking of the Spurs, so is that LOB statue!

baseline bum
08-31-2014, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the Yosemite Nature Notes. Haven't spent as much time there but it's beautiful. And speaking of the Spurs, so is that LOB statue!

If you like backpacking it's unreal. Also you can stay where you want as long as it's wilderness and you have the right wilderness permit, so you don't need rigid plans nailing where you stay every night before hand like you do in Grand Teton, Yellowstone, or Big Bend. Only downside is you have to carry a three pound bear canister for your food, as there the bears know how to take down properly hung food and will do it 100% of the time. The Ansel Adams National Forest on the east edge of Yosemite is even more impressive for backpacking, especially stuff like the Sierra High Route (which roughly runs parallel to the John Muir Trail) if you like off-trail.

spurs10
08-31-2014, 02:51 PM
If you like backpacking it's unreal. Also you can stay where you want as long as it's wilderness and you have the right wilderness permit, so you don't need rigid plans nailing where you stay every night before hand like you do in Grand Teton, Yellowstone, or Big Bend. Only downside is you have to carry a three pound bear canister for your food, as there the bears know how to take down properly hung food and will do it 100% of the time. The Ansel Adams National Forest on the east edge of Yosemite is even more impressive for backpacking, especially stuff like the Sierra High Route (which roughly runs parallel to the John Muir Trail) if you off-trail. It sounds "unreal." Yeah, just saw a few bears in the wild (from a distance) and watched one make mincemeat out of bear-proof cooler. Bears are not to be trifled with. My only close encounter with one ended well when the bear decided he wasn't hungry and let us be.

baseline bum
08-31-2014, 02:58 PM
It sounds "unreal." Yeah, just saw a few bears in the wild (from a distance) and watched one make mincemeat out of bear-proof cooler. Bears are not to be trifled with. My only close encounter with one ended well when the bear decided he wasn't hungry and let us be.

They only allow a few specific models of canisters to be used in Yosemite, and when you go backpacking there they tell you the canister can really only be counted on for a few minutes and that you need to run the bear off, which isn't a problem with California black bears. Now Candaian black bears or grizzlies from Yellowstone all the way north to Banff no way you'd ever do that.

It's funny in Yosemite the bears have learned to go and tip people's cans over to see if they have the lids screwed on. :lol

Then the bears just usually walk off if the lid is on.

spurs10
08-31-2014, 03:03 PM
They only allow a few specific models of canisters to be used in Yosemite, and when you go backpacking there they tell you the canister can really only be counted on for a few minutes and that you need to run the bear off, which isn't a problem with California black bears. Now Candaian black bears or grizzlies from Yellowstone all the way north to Banff no way you'd ever do that. I hear you. I've heard they have never had an attack in Yellowstone of four or more people. I'm always hyper vigilant when I hike there. It's part of the thrill...until you get mauled I suppose!

baseline bum
08-31-2014, 03:07 PM
I hear you. I've heard they have never had an attack in Yellowstone of four or more people. I'm always hyper vigilant when I hike there. It's part of the thrill...until you get mauled I suppose!

You ever hike the Beartooths? Way better backpacking than Yellowstone and just a few miles northeast of the park, less crowds, much less wildlife, though the weather can be serious. Yosemite and the Ansel Adams wilderness even in the high country the weather is pretty tame in comparison.