PDA

View Full Version : Tony Dungy may lose his job for saying the truth about Michael Scam

Thebesteva
07-22-2014, 05:17 AM
What a world we live in. You can now LOSE your fucking job for stating anything less than a compliment about the faggot community. He is in danger of losing his job as an analyst because of his comments on this disgusting homo. Michael Scam is completely conning the gay community for his own benefit. I can't wait till this actor turns around and dates a woman after he gets dropped by the NFL and everyone realizes what a fraud he was.

He's just doing it for the $.

“I wouldn’t have taken him. Not because I don’t believe Michael Sam should have a chance to play, but I wouldn’t want to deal with all of it. [...] It’s not going to be totally smooth … things will happen.”

benefactor
07-22-2014, 08:11 AM
:lol all the horrible intellectual dishonesty going on by the media...saying things like this is the same as integrating black coaches or Dungy giving Vick a second chance. They can't be typing that with a straight face.

leemajors
07-22-2014, 01:51 PM
I don't really see how this has anything to do with Sam. You say the wrong shit you get canned.

Bill_Brasky
07-22-2014, 02:53 PM
pretty inconsistent behavior considering he was the ringleader for the :cry give dog killer a second chance :cry movement.....

hes just a mad bible thumper

rogues
07-22-2014, 02:59 PM
I don't really see how this has anything to do with Sam. You say the wrong shit you get canned.
Did Dungy say anything wrong?

JMarkJohns
07-22-2014, 03:23 PM
Just because Dungy's not wrong doesn't mean he's right. Teams draft, sign distractions all the time: druggies, gang members, dudes with multiple kids from multiple women, violent offenders, felons, dog killers.

The distraction isn't the crime. It's the type of distraction.

If you're only not wrong is not wanting to deal with hassle, or distractions for being a human than Dungy needs to make the rounds and apologize to every player/coach/exec for his peoples forced integration of sports, schools, water fountains that caused folk of a similar mindset considerable grief all them years ago.

And, yes, to a degree, it's the same freaking thing.

If your excuse is he'll bring media attention, do what you can to minimize it.

Sam isn't innocent in this. His bullshit Opera show was a bad idea if he wanted to be a football player only, and not looked to as a gay football player only, but it's laughable to think he's going to turn the lockerroom on itself if he just does what he's supposed to do. Missouri proved that to a large degree.

Dungy is an ass clown who is not wrong that Sam brings media attention, but for the fact he's a chickenshit hypocrite because comments like these only make the media attention for the kid/team worse. What, the media isn't going to ask Sam about Dungy's comments? Whether he thinks they represent the thinking of every team that passed on him?

He should go feign Chistianity elsewhere. He's a shitty analyst anyways. Maybe he should be fired for that? Oh, but his comments bring media attention, even if negative, so it's all good.

Avante
07-22-2014, 03:37 PM
The Michael Sam situation is great and I'm going to enjoy people seeing how things really are out there. No it's not..."hey, it's cool with me". Which actually means..."I have to say that or I'm in trouble".

Nobody wants to see a couple fags carrying on like a man and his woman yep...YUCK!!!!!!! We saw that with the kiss.

We will never ever ever have a known gay head coach in the NFL. No owner would allow that. Now try an imagine a gay head coach at Alabama or USC, what parent wants their son playing for a fag?

I do get a kick out of the bulshit, it is funny. Sam will hear...."you sick dick don't ya"...or something similiar if he does make the team, I guarantee it!

So Billy Bob a gay QB has won the Superbowl, here comes his gay lover, they exchange a long sloppy kiss right there on the 50 yard line, as a whole world....OH YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Who remembers when Jimmy the Greek talked about how plantation owners would pair up the big black stud and that big black stout woman? He did lose his job for that and he was 100% correct, that's exactly what went on.

Aztecfan03
07-22-2014, 05:06 PM
:lol all the horrible intellectual dishonesty going on by the media...saying things like this is the same as integrating black coaches or Dungy giving Vick a second chance. They can't be typing that with a straight face.

Vick had a lot of talent.

JMarkJohns
07-22-2014, 06:15 PM
Vick had a lot of talent.

More talent than Sam, sure, but he was old, away from football for years, and not to diminish Sam to much, the kid is SEC DPOY. You have to have some talent to be heralded as the top defensive player in a defensive conference.

Pelicans78
07-22-2014, 10:12 PM
More talent than Sam, sure, but he was old, away from football for years, and not to diminish Sam to much, the kid is SEC DPOY. You have to have some talent to be heralded as the top defensive player in a defensive conference.

It was complete BS for him to get that award. Nine of his 11.5 sacks came against Vandy, Arkansas St., and Florida. Didn't do crap against real competition despite playing on the opposite side of a first round pick. Then you look at his terrible combine, the guy was a marginal prospect.

JMarkJohns
07-23-2014, 12:08 AM
That's fair. So don't draft him because he's short, his stiff hips, and lacks ability to find the edge vs. NFL competition.

That's a football reason.

But it's bullshit to use his humanity against him in a league filled with felons and assholes, just as it was bullshit to use humanity against those of Dungy's race oh so few years ago. Dungy should thank his version of God that so many people in black history cared enough to champion the black cause without worry of distraction or popular thought. Funny how Dungy, a product of that struggle, now uses his liberty to keep in chains another in theirs.

Floyd Pacquiao
07-23-2014, 12:41 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/applause.gif standing up to those politically correct libifags

Biernutz
07-23-2014, 12:54 AM
This media attack on Tony smells the same way it was on Phil on Duck Dynasty. Its like if you
don't agree with us your a raciest. The PC police have struck again! Tony knows that Sam is a marginal
player and he brings more baggage than Samsonite. This can only distract a team. Good luck with St. Louis
when they cut him....It will be a media mess.....

Aztecfan03
07-23-2014, 01:02 AM
That's fair. So don't draft him because he's short, his stiff hips, and lacks ability to find the edge vs. NFL competition.

That's a football reason.

But it's bullshit to use his humanity against him in a league filled with felons and assholes, just as it was bullshit to use humanity against those of Dungy's race oh so few years ago. Dungy should thank his version of God that so many people in black history cared enough to champion the black cause without worry of distraction or popular thought. Funny how Dungy, a product of that struggle, now uses his liberty to keep in chains another in theirs.

teams always take multiple factors into account.

JMarkJohns
07-23-2014, 01:42 AM
teams always take multiple factors into account.

Almost any hetero actual problems > all gay no problems

Makes sense. DUI, rape, murder, gay

J.T.
07-23-2014, 02:11 AM
Well, I bet a lot of teams get high on themselves and think they can help a player with a drinking/drug/violence problem through the family and community of a football team. But sometimes it's hard to change a person who's young and making millions of dollars so you see repeat offenders and what not.

No NFL team can go to Michael Sam and try to rehab the gay out of him. The Rams should just shut down any and all non-football media at their facilities. Michael Sam wants to just play football, then just play football. Don't bring all this extra shit around with you. If a player gets suspended for failing a drug test, reporters might ask him about it and he'll give a cookie cutter response about how he learned from his mistakes and will improve as a man. ESPN isn't going to be sending its top boy to talk to WR #5 on the depth chart about his weed habit.

I think Dungy abuses his platform as an African-American (although not as bad as other blacks in the media) but those comments look like he was speaking from the position as a former coach. Maybe he should have qualified his statement better, but it's NBC that's gay if he gets canned over that.

JMarkJohns
07-23-2014, 02:57 AM
Yeah, I don't want him fired over this.

He sucks, and that's why I want him fired.

Dungy, however, is an vocal opponent to gay rights, so his statement, even if qualified as football reasons, isn't really entirely about football reasons. They are the typical freedom of religion to discriminate reasons. Funny, I remember some fellas in hoods down south that once used the same shield against blacks and their rights.

But what would Dungy care. He's a made man. He's Christian. He's Black. He's untouchable on two fronts. Can't fire a moral man for preaching what the good book says, and you especially can't fire a moral black man for such.

That's truth.

Mal
07-23-2014, 04:57 AM
So if this guy wont make the team, probably most 7th round picks wont, whole NFL, Rams, their coaches are homophobic. Am I right?

Chinook
07-23-2014, 06:15 AM
Dungy was a fool for saying this out loud. We already knew where he stood on this. There was no upside to him explicating it.

That said, being gay never has been and never will be like being black. To even suggest that is ignorant and offensive. There have been a number of gay players in all sports for years. There weren't undercover blacks hanging around the leagues before integration. Gay folk can already play in the NFL. They just want to be able to be open about their preference. That's fine, but it's not the same thing as getting legitimate death threats because of what you look like.

Sam is just such a terrible player to have this battle over. If Jackie Robinson sucked like Michael does, he would not have gotten into the big leagues.

Trill Clinton
07-23-2014, 09:16 AM
Dungy was a fool for saying this out loud. We already knew where he stood on this. There was no upside to him explicating it.

That said, being gay never has been and never will be like being black. To even suggest that is ignorant and offensive. There have been a number of gay players in all sports for years. There weren't undercover blacks hanging around the leagues before integration. Gay folk can already play in the NFL. They just want to be able to be open about their preference. That's fine, but it's not the same thing as getting legitimate death threats because of what you look like.

Sam is just such a terrible player to have this battle over. If Jackie Robinson sucked like Michael does, he would not have gotten into the big leagues.

this

The Gemini Method
07-23-2014, 11:04 AM
Of course its not equivalent--however, to say that being a different race put you at the mercy of death threats and being gay doesn't is a misguided statement. I'm sure he's gotten death threats for his sexual orientation and to put it that it is easier being gay than being a different color is incorrect. Also, it was almost unfathomable to be gay during the time of Jackie Robinson's day. So neither really has an inherent perch above the other though one may be easier to hide it also caused many a tortured soul to struggle with belonging. Suicide rates are highest among lesbian/homosexual youths. Most of the claims here are rooted by a deep sense of loathing. If Michael Sam was a better prospect, there would be a more hushed discussion. However, if you're a homophobe than so be it; just don't shield it under a different reason. Own up to your beliefs and don't hide. It's a shame that the same people who argue for equality because of a difference of skin color won't be open to equality based on other differing factors. You can't have it both ways.

DD
07-23-2014, 11:08 AM
I'll never be accepting of faggots in the NFL, and hopefully locker room justice is swift and merciless on this twink.

leemajors
07-23-2014, 12:20 PM
I'll never be accepting of faggots in the NFL, and hopefully locker room justice is swift and merciless on this twink.

They gonna beat up Sam's boyfriend?

spurraider21
07-23-2014, 01:00 PM
If Jackie Robinson sucked like Michael does, he would not have gotten into the big leagues.
literally? or...

moisaenz
07-23-2014, 02:17 PM
Tolerance one way Street

Avante
07-23-2014, 04:21 PM
It's already gotten to where it MUST be.

reporter...so you ok with Michael Sam as a teammate?
Ram....oh hell yes~! I'm thrilled to have him, what a cool guy!

That's where we are at on this now.

What would happen if....

reporter..so you ok with Michael Sam as a teammate?
Ram...no not really, I'm not cool with it at all.

That Ram will be in deep shit.

The Franchise
07-24-2014, 08:35 PM
All Tony said was I wouldn't draft him because I don't have time to deal with all the extra bullshit. What's wrong with that?