PDA

View Full Version : Wizards: Durant notices the adulation Lebron has gotten for going home, may do the same

JohnnyMax
07-22-2014, 10:09 AM
Source: Washington Post (http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/07/21/gary-williams-thinks-kevin-durant-will-one-day-settle-in-the-washington-area/)

Over the next few months, and possibly years, you will hear and read lots of speculation about what will happen with Kevin Durant’s NBA future, some of it grounded in fact, some of it based on gut feelings, and some of it just reflecting random stream-of-consciousness blather.

“One interesting thing on this LeBron going back to Cleveland, Durant’s watching that very close,” Williams said on ESPN 980 last week. “He’s seeing the adulation pouring out for LeBron James for coming home. And Durant loves this area. He does. He’s back every summer. He plays at Montrose [Christian] against their high school kids sometimes; he’s out there taking charges. He just loves to play basketball. He’s been over at Maryland, he plays with the players over there. He just wants to play. And these are where his ties are. I know one thing, when his career’s over, I’d be shocked if he didn’t live in this area.”

Hmmmmm?

“I think you go in steps,” Williams later said. “I don’t think [Paul] Pierce comes here unless the Wizards did what they did in the playoffs this year. So now take that a step further. If they do make another really strong playoff run this coming year; now all of a sudden there’s somebody that good that’s out there, they have to look at the Wizards. Because I think all those guys – Durant included – are looking at if I go here, will they be good enough to win a championship? So if the Wizards can show that maybe they’re just missing a Durant to win a championship, I think they have a good chance, I really do.”

Captivus
07-22-2014, 01:43 PM
Maybe the CBA should allow for discounts in salary when player is city native (is that the word?).

DJR210
07-22-2014, 05:50 PM
This would be nice tbh.. one less hurdle for SA, and it would be nice to actually have a reason to watch the Eastern Conference Playoffs

baseline bum
07-22-2014, 09:48 PM
KP5M7lknLTM

Franklin
07-22-2014, 10:47 PM
BB going HAM tbh :lol

rogues
07-22-2014, 10:51 PM
The writing has been on the wall since the Harden trade. This is nothing new.

DMC
07-22-2014, 10:54 PM
No one cares where KD goes. He'd have to go to Seattle to actually do what Lebron did, except even then he wasn't raised there. Going home.... overrated.