PDA

View Full Version : California alone.....

Avante
07-22-2014, 04:05 PM
...has.

UCSB
Hayward State
Fresno State
Fresno Pacific
Stanislaus State
Chico State
San Francisco State
Redlands
Occidental
Sacramento State
UCLA
LA State
Humbolt State
UC Davis
CPSLO
CPP
Stanford
U of SD
U of SF
Bakersfield State
USC
Cal
SJS
SDS

Now add Hartnell, SFCity and all those JC's.

How many schools in Texas? Well Hell...

North Texas
West Texas State
Abilene Christian
Texas Southern
SMU
Baylor
Texas
Texas Tech
Houston Baptist
UTEP
TCU
Texas A&I
Nichols
Texas at Arlington
Austin Peay
Texas A&M
Prairie View
Houston
Lamar
Sam Houston State
Stephen F. Austin
Dallas Baptist

now add Odessa, Blinn, and all those JC's

Right there is what seperates the USA from everywhere else. Cali and Texas alone have over 200 colleges. How many countries compare to just those two states?

cantthinkofanything
07-22-2014, 04:10 PM
Right there is what seperates the USA from everywhere else. Cali and Texas alone have over 200 colleges. How many countries compare to just those two states?

it's unknowable

InRareForm
07-22-2014, 04:10 PM
U forgot a lot of california schools

The Gemini Method
07-22-2014, 04:11 PM
Think he might be going for Football schools...but I don't know.

Avante
07-22-2014, 04:17 PM
it's unknowable

Nothing is unknowable.

Avante
07-22-2014, 04:18 PM
U forgot a lot of california schools

Go ahead, add them.

Avante
07-22-2014, 04:18 PM
Think he might be going for Football schools...but I don't know.

Nope!

Clipper Nation
07-22-2014, 04:20 PM
Go ahead, add them.
Here's one: S.T.F. U

hehateme
07-22-2014, 04:22 PM

touché...

Avante
07-22-2014, 04:31 PM

Kids on computers, not good.

Sportcamper
07-22-2014, 04:31 PM
Go ahead, add them.

Pierce College…Back to Back American Pacific Conference Champions!
Go Brahma's...
http://faculty.piercecollege.edu/campbekt/images/piercebulllogo213.gif

johnsmith
07-22-2014, 04:32 PM
I haven't spent much time in California, but I base my opinion on the fact that businesses there have the tendency to leave and come to Texas...has to be a pretty fucked up state to leave and go to Texas.

Avante
07-22-2014, 04:33 PM
touché...

Stick to...

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187969

...ok stupid?

Avante
07-22-2014, 04:33 PM
Pierce College…Back to Back American Pacific Conference Champions!
Go Brahma's...
http://faculty.piercecollege.edu/campbekt/images/piercebulllogo213.gif

I mentioned....and all those JC's.

johnsmith
07-22-2014, 04:36 PM
Stick to...

...ok stupid?

Dude, CN is the one that said to stfu

Sportcamper
07-22-2014, 04:38 PM
Back to Back American Pacific Conference Champions!
Pierce Football is an institution...On any given day could beat any college team in the nation…:smokin

Blake
07-22-2014, 04:41 PM
Lol utsa

The Gemini Method
07-22-2014, 04:42 PM
Long Beach St., University of the Pacific, Loyola Marymount, Mt. St Mary's...are some you missed.

Clipper Nation
07-22-2014, 04:45 PM
Avante posting about kids again.... shocker!

In fairness, I think we can all agree that he needs to STFU :lol

Avante
07-22-2014, 04:46 PM

Well no shit.

Avante
07-22-2014, 04:47 PM
Long Beach St., University of the Pacific, Loyola Marymount, Mt. St Mary's...are some you missed.

I guess that proves I don't Google.

The Gemini Method
07-22-2014, 04:49 PM
I guess that proves I don't Google.

Pretty good w/o Google...Fullerton St and CSU Channel Islands as well--no Google either.

Avante
07-22-2014, 04:54 PM
Let me take stab at Cali JC's...

SFCC
SJCC
COS
Laney
Merritt
Fresno City
COS
Pasadena City
Sac City
Bakersfield JC
Taft
LA Harbour
MT SAC
San Bernidino
Hartnell
American River
SJDelta
Merced College
Cerritos
SDJC
SMJC
Pierce
Contra Costa
Santa Ana
Consumes River

...hmmmm?

Avante
07-22-2014, 04:54 PM
Pretty good w/o Google...Fullerton St and CSU Channel Islands as well--no Google either.

Now add...Azusa Pacific

The Gemini Method
07-22-2014, 04:55 PM
Long Beach City College... there is 112 CCs in the state of California.

Avante
07-22-2014, 04:57 PM
Long Beach City College... there is 112 CCs in the state of California.

I knew we had a ton, so Cali alone has around 200 schools, wow!

Aztecfan03
07-22-2014, 04:57 PM

also UCSD, UCR, UCI, CSUSM, Point Loma Nazarene just off the top of my head.

Avante
07-22-2014, 04:59 PM
So it's looking like Cali/Tex have over 300 schools between them. What country can say that?

The Gemini Method
07-22-2014, 05:02 PM
It's why the CCs and State universities are cheap to get into here in Cali. When you have soooo many places of higher education, the state can afford to keep tuition cheaper. Though I wouldn't know firsthand...

hehateme
07-22-2014, 05:07 PM
Stick to...

...ok stupid?

You can keep that one...but explain this one

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226548&

The irony in calling someone stupid...

edit: let the back pedaling begin

Avante
07-22-2014, 05:10 PM
It's why the CCs and State universities are cheap to get into here in Cali. When you have soooo many places of higher education, the state can afford to keep tuition cheaper. Though I wouldn't know firsthand...

My point is....education...is very important here in the USA. Hell, just for black students...

Alabama State
Mississippi Valley State
Alcorn State
Texas Southern
Tuskegge Institute
Morgan State
Maryland State
Florida A&M
Grambling
Howard
Hampton
Tennesee State
Jackson State
Southern U
Arkansas Pine-Bluff
Norfolk State
South Carolina State
Alabama State
Bethune Cookman
Prairie View
Alabama A&M
North Carolina A&T
Delaware State
North Carolina Central
Savannah State

Avante
07-22-2014, 05:11 PM
You can keep that one...but explain this one

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226548&

The irony in calling someone stupid...

edit: let the back pedaling begin

I'm not the one entering threads to just wimper around like you..... stupid. Stay out..ok..stupid?

hehateme
07-22-2014, 05:18 PM
I'm not the one entering threads to just wimper around like you..... stupid. Stay out..ok..stupid?

I'm sorry, did I hit a nerve? I guess you forgot that this was a message board where people can reply where they want to. If it wasn't this would be called private message Fagvante talk, population: 1

ok..stu..stu..stupid.....

Avante
07-22-2014, 05:21 PM
I'm sorry, did I hit a nerve? I guess you forgot that this was a message board where people can reply where they want to. If it wasn't this would be called private message Fagvante talk, population: 1

ok..stu..stu..stupid.....

Then say something instead of wimpering around like some pussy, ok? Let me guess you have no idea what this topic is about....right?

hehateme
07-22-2014, 05:33 PM
Then say something instead of wimpering around like some pussy, ok? Let me guess you have no idea what this topic is about....right?

To be honest, I highly doubt you even know what your own topic is about. All I did was express a reply to another person's post. I forget, isn't that what we are allowed to do here?

Explain: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226548&

or please take door #2 and squeal some more as usual

DJR210
07-22-2014, 05:33 PM
What do you fucking know? Two of the top 3 largest states in the nation have the most schools.. what a fucking brilliant observation!!

Blake
07-22-2014, 05:40 PM
So it's looking like Cali/Tex have over 300 schools between them. What country can say that?

And yet Texas is one of the dumbest states in a country that's dumber than most of the advanced countries in the world.

Blake
07-22-2014, 05:41 PM
What do you fucking know? Two of the top 3 largest states in the nation have the most schools.. what a fucking brilliant observation!!

USA education at work

DJR210
07-22-2014, 05:42 PM
USA education at work

Not a fair assessment to use the TC as an example tbh

benefactor
07-22-2014, 05:53 PM
Welchers and liars on computers, not good.

Infinite_limit
07-22-2014, 06:32 PM
Avante the gullible old man

"Would you like to know what America's young people are actually learning while they are away at college? It isn't pretty. Yes, there are some very highly technical fields where students are being taught some very important skills, but for the most part U.S. college students are learning very little that they will actually use out in the real world when they graduate.

Are you starting to understand why our college graduates can't function effectively when they graduate and go out into the real world?
All of this would be completely hilarious if not for the fact that we have millions of young people going into enormous amounts of debt to pay to go to these colleges.
In America today, college education has become a giant money making scam (http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/29-shocking-facts-that-prove-that-college-education-in-america-is-a-giant-money-making-scam)."

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac255/kegstermd/googleyo_zps4ffcf2c0.png

Typical American College = brain dead athletes & frat boys

Avante
07-22-2014, 06:34 PM
To be honest, I highly doubt you even know what your own topic is about. All I did was express a reply to another person's post. I forget, isn't that what we are allowed to do here?

Explain: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226548&

or please take door #2 and squeal some more as usual

How about......we can take two "states" here in the USA and have more colleges than most countries.

Dude, why not deal with those more on your level ok stupid?

Avante
07-22-2014, 06:35 PM

ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avante
07-22-2014, 06:36 PM
Avante the gullible old man

"Would you like to know what America's young people are actually learning while they are away at college? It isn't pretty. Yes, there are some very highly technical fields where students are being taught some very important skills, but for the most part U.S. college students are learning very little that they will actually use out in the real world when they graduate.

Are you starting to understand why our college graduates can't function effectively when they graduate and go out into the real world?
All of this would be completely hilarious if not for the fact that we have millions of young people going into enormous amounts of debt to pay to go to these colleges.
In America today, college education has become a giant money making scam (http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/29-shocking-facts-that-prove-that-college-education-in-america-is-a-giant-money-making-scam)."

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac255/kegstermd/googleyo_zps4ffcf2c0.png

Ok dummy give me a country better off when it comes to education. Well? I alone could take you and everyone ya know to school on a numberr of things and I only had a couple years at a JC.

Avante
07-22-2014, 06:39 PM
Welchers and liars on computers, not good.

I never saw you do anything little man but run your mouth.

Infinite_limit
07-22-2014, 06:44 PM
Ok dummy give me a country better off when it comes to education. Well? I alone could take you and everyone ya know to school on a numberr of things and I only had a couple years at a JC.

Best Education In The World: Finland, South Korea Top Country Rankings, U.S. Rated Average

The United States places 17th in the developed world for education, according to a global report (http://thelearningcurve.pearson.com/content/download/bankname/components/filename/FINAL%20LearningCurve_Final.pdf) by education firm Pearson.

Finland (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/24/finland-schools-success-equality-collaboration_n_1219780.html) and South Korea, not surprisingly, top the list of 40 developed countries with the best education systems. Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore follow.

But America's average ranking doesn't come as a surprise. A report recently published by Harvard University's Program on Education Policy and Governance (http://www.hks.harvard.edu/pepg/PDF/Papers/PEPG12-03_CatchingUp.pdf) found that students in Latvia, Chile and Brazil are making gains in academics three times faster than American students, while those in Portugal, Hong Kong, Germany, Poland, Liechtenstein, Slovenia, Colombia and Lithuania are improving at twice the rate.

A 2009 study found that U.S. students ranked 25th among 34 countries in math and science (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-12-07/teens-in-u-s-rank-25th-on-math-test-trail-in-science-reading.html)

Just 6 percent of U.S. students performed at the advanced level on an international exam administered in 56 countries in 2006. That proportion is lower than those achieved by students in 30 other countries (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/joanne-jacobs/us-lags-in-top-math-stude_b_783155.html). American students' low performance and slow progress in math could also threaten the country's economic growth (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/17/math-test-proficiency-naep-pisa_n_929498.html), experts have said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/27/best-education-in-the-wor_n_2199795.html

Avante
07-22-2014, 06:54 PM
You do understand %'s right? How many students does the US have compared to those countries?

benefactor
07-22-2014, 07:09 PM
I never saw you do anything little man but run your mouth.
That's because you lied and welched.

Avante
07-22-2014, 07:28 PM
That's because you lied and welched.

Little man, I once showed a picture of my den, there were the weights, there were the track posters. there were the football trophies for all to see, ok? Been lifting for over 45 years, and look like it. No way in hell some dumbass like you is going to get me taking pictures and all that shit, ya see half pint I never did believe you and still don't, ok? Do what I did show some pictures right here or shut the fuck up.

Now watch as do do nothing but run your mouth. You still haven't done shit half pint.

Blake
07-22-2014, 07:46 PM

Good lord

:lmao

DJR210
07-22-2014, 07:58 PM
ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zoom all you want Chester, that was a more worthless fact than your usual.

Avante
07-22-2014, 08:01 PM
Zoom all you want Chester, that was a more worthless fact than your usual.

That coming from a little shit who does nothing but bug people, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DJR210
07-22-2014, 08:03 PM
That coming from a little shit who does nothing but bug people, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raper :lol

Avante
07-22-2014, 08:09 PM
Raper :lol

You still on that stupid bullshit, wow guy. Are you really this fucking dumb? Wow!

Sailors in foreign bars are not....rapers....hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this one dumb fuck or what? According to this moron 70% of all those in the service were raptists, hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChumpDumper
07-22-2014, 08:25 PM
An almanac really would have come in handy for the OP tbh.

benefactor
07-22-2014, 08:38 PM
Little man, I once showed a picture of my den, there were the weights, there were the track posters. there were the football trophies for all to see, ok? Been lifting for over 45 years, and look like it. No way in hell some dumbass like you is going to get me taking pictures and all that shit, ya see half pint I never did believe you and still don't, ok? Do what I did show some pictures right here or shut the fuck up.

Now watch as do do nothing but run your mouth. You still haven't done shit half pint.
You know what the agreement was and deflecting doesn't change that. I did my part. You did not. You are a liar and a welcher. You are a fat old man with a fake internet life...and you proved it by not following through.

Avante
07-22-2014, 08:50 PM
You know what the agreement was and deflecting doesn't change that. I did my part. You did not. You are a liar and a welcher. You are a fat old man with a fake internet life...and you proved it by not following through.

Dude, are you simply not paying attention? I talked about al my hobbies and...BOOM!!!!!!!!.... there they all were in pictures I posted right here. All the books, the music, the weights, the trophies, the pictures of sprinters.

I just don't take dumb fucks like you too seriously and look at what's happened you haven't showed us shit and you won't be because you're a fake and a liar.

ONE MORE TIME.....let's see the pictores or shut up, ok?

Dude, how about either talking about the topic or stay away, ok? You're really becoming a huge...zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

benefactor
07-22-2014, 09:10 PM
Again...all you can do is deflect. You are an old, fat liar.

Avante
07-22-2014, 09:15 PM
Again...all you can do is deflect. You are an old, fat liar.

What is it about....I POSTED PICTURES RIGHT HERE WITH ALL THOSE HOBBIES I TALKED ABOUT.....well? What have you done, yep......nothing!

Dummy, who has a bench press just sitting there taking up half the room? Are you realy as dumb as you appear?

So unless somebody trusts a obvious internet freak like you, they must be an old fat liar, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many fat guys follow sprinting little man, now think about that. How many fat guys can talk about Eugene Sandow and the origins of bodybuilding? Wanna talk Reg Park, Sergio Olivia, Steve Reeeves, Larry Scott, Frank Zane, Franco Columbo?

I was a running back, cornerback, kick returner and ran the 100, 200 and both relays. Started lifting at 15 and have been ever sense. That's why I know so much about football/track and bodybuilding, ya recckon?

Clipper Nation
07-22-2014, 09:19 PM
What is it about....I POSTED PICTURES RIGHT HERE WITH ALL THOSE HOBBIES I TALKED ABOUT.....well? What have you done, yep......nothing!

Dummy, who has a bench press just sitting there taking up half the room? Are you realy as dumb as you appear?

You were supposed to make and post a video as part of the bet, and you instead chose to welch and not do it.... you are deflecting, end of story....

You are a fat, welching, lying old faggotPERIOD

Avante
07-22-2014, 09:24 PM
You were supposed to make and post a video as part of the bet, and you instead chose to welch and not do it.... you are deflecting, end of story....

You are a fat, welching, lying old faggotPERIOD

Ok faggot since ya won't get off my leg.

Noway I'm going to play the same shit I did last time. With..."prove those all belong to you". This would be no different, it would be.."that isn't you"....and I know it, so fuck it.

Ok faggot back to ignoring your dumbass.

Hell, if I say...I know my track/football...I have to read..."almanac". So why even bother with videos when it's real obvious it will be....."so who is that?"

Clipper Nation
07-22-2014, 09:37 PM
Ok faggot since ya won't get off my leg.

Noway I'm going to play the same shit I did last time. With..."prove those all belong to you". This would be no different, it would be.."that isn't you"....and I know it, so fuck it.

Ok faggot back to ignoring your dumbass.

Hell, if I say...I know my track/football...I have to read..."almanac". So why even bother with videos when it's real obvious it will be....."so who is that?"

Translation: you welched....

benefactor
07-22-2014, 09:39 PM
More backpedaling. More deflecting.

Look old man...I didn't make you agree to anything. You did it on your own and even upped the stakes without me asking. I made the video(as I said, I was going to make it anyway so why not throw the challenge out there), PMed it to maalox and even gave you an extra week to get one together. But that's just it...you were never going to make one...because you are fat and probably can't even do 135.:lol

Avante
07-22-2014, 09:47 PM
More backpedaling. More deflecting.

Look old man...I didn't make you agree to anything. You did it on your own and even upped the stakes without me asking. I made the video(as I said, I was going to make it anyway so why not throw the challenge out there), PMed it to maalox and even gave you an extra week to get one together. But that's just it...you were never going to make one...because you are fat and probably can't even do 135.:lol

So I just read about football, track and bodybuilding for the hell of it, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You really that dumb?

No matter what I do it will be.."those aren't yours"..."that isn't you"..."almanac"...so why bother with it? I did bother with it once and all I got was..."so who really owns all that stuff".

Dude, x-footballer, trackster, who has a thing about staying in shape. If you can't figure out no fat fuck is goihng to know track/bodybuilding/running backs.......you are a lost cause.

I still hold a school record.

Want to break down a workout routine all fat fucks are up on, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cry Havoc
07-22-2014, 11:13 PM
...has.

UCSB
Hayward State
Fresno State
Fresno Pacific
Stanislaus State
Chico State
San Francisco State
Redlands
Occidental
Sacramento State
UCLA
LA State
Humbolt State
UC Davis
CPSLO
CPP
Stanford
U of SD
U of SF
Bakersfield State
USC
Cal
SJS
SDS

How the fuck could you list all those and miss the #1 school in California, UC - Berkeley? Hell it's only one of the top 3 engineering schools in the entire fucking nation.

hehateme
07-22-2014, 11:35 PM
How the fuck could you list all those and miss the #1 school in California, UC - Berkeley? Hell it's only one of the top 3 engineering schools in the entire fucking nation.

The google search didn't provide that one is what I am guessing

Infinite_limit
07-22-2014, 11:44 PM
Avante logic: "Americans make the best cars because we have the most car factory's"

Aztecfan03
07-23-2014, 12:37 AM

It was listed. UC berkeley is Cal.

sandman
07-23-2014, 03:06 AM
Best Education In The World: Finland, South Korea Top Country Rankings, U.S. Rated Average

The United States places 17th in the developed world for education, according to a global report (http://thelearningcurve.pearson.com/content/download/bankname/components/filename/FINAL%20LearningCurve_Final.pdf) by education firm Pearson.

Finland (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/24/finland-schools-success-equality-collaboration_n_1219780.html) and South Korea, not surprisingly, top the list of 40 developed countries with the best education systems. Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore follow.

But America's average ranking doesn't come as a surprise. A report recently published by Harvard University's Program on Education Policy and Governance (http://www.hks.harvard.edu/pepg/PDF/Papers/PEPG12-03_CatchingUp.pdf) found that students in Latvia, Chile and Brazil are making gains in academics three times faster than American students, while those in Portugal, Hong Kong, Germany, Poland, Liechtenstein, Slovenia, Colombia and Lithuania are improving at twice the rate.

A 2009 study found that U.S. students ranked 25th among 34 countries in math and science (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-12-07/teens-in-u-s-rank-25th-on-math-test-trail-in-science-reading.html)

Just 6 percent of U.S. students performed at the advanced level on an international exam administered in 56 countries in 2006. That proportion is lower than those achieved by students in 30 other countries (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/joanne-jacobs/us-lags-in-top-math-stude_b_783155.html). American students' low performance and slow progress in math could also threaten the country's economic growth (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/17/math-test-proficiency-naep-pisa_n_929498.html), experts have said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/27/best-education-in-the-wor_n_2199795.html

I love how these Scandinavian countries with total populations below 8 million are always used to show how bad the US quality of life, social programs, education, etc. compare to the "rest of the world".

Finland has fewer people than the Houston MSA. I applaud their efforts and success when it comes to quality of education in their country, but it's a tough sample size to point to and ask why a country of 315 million can't do the same thing.

This isn't to say that higher education in the US doesn't need to improve. I'm not a fan of the everyone-gets-to-go-to-college philosophy that is dumbing down institutions of higher learning and negatively impacting pipeline flow of high school graduates into trade schools for licensed professionals. We've convinced high school kids that their options are College or McDonald's/Mall Jobs. But pointing to Finland isn't a logical route. Neither are the majority of countries listed in the article as improving. Portugal, Hong Kong, Liechtenstein, Slovenia and Lithuania all have less than 10 million people.

South Korea in the 50 million range definitely has merit to get a better understanding of their success. But with the second highest per capita military population in the world (only surpassed by their Korean brothers to the north), one wonders if there is a correlation between culture, military service and quality education.

Germany at almost 90 million being tagged as an emerging country in the quality education picture would be a good comparison. But again, they are not ranked high, but improving.

I know it's difficult to compare like populations to the US, but let's be honest about the apples to oranges comparisons of lists like these.

benefactor
07-23-2014, 06:18 AM
a bunch more deflecting hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You wrote a check your ass couldn't cash. Admit you lied and that your word isn't worth a shit and we will be done here. Thanks.

Cry Havoc
07-23-2014, 07:07 AM
It was listed. UC berkeley is Cal.

Weird. Fair enough.

The Gemini Method
07-23-2014, 10:24 AM
Weird. Fair enough.

Most Californians refer to UC Berkley as Berkley or UC Berkley. Cal is usually used, or what I generally hear, by people outside of California. I think it has to do with how the football and other athletics insignia. It says Cal...

sandman
07-23-2014, 10:44 AM
Most Californians refer to UC Berkley as Berkley or UC Berkley. Cal is usually used, or what I generally hear, by people outside of California. I think it has to do with how the football and other athletics insignia. It says Cal...

When I see Cal, I always think of those commercials back in the 80's for Cal Worthington Ford.

Cal Worthington and his dog Spot...

The Gemini Method
07-23-2014, 10:50 AM
When I see Cal, I always think of those commercials back in the 80's for Cal Worthington Ford.

Cal Worthington and his dog Spot...

That is something most of us Californians do too...He passed away last year and now his grandson or son does the commercials and it is not the same. R.I.P Cal Worthington.

Cry Havoc
07-23-2014, 11:53 AM

That explains a lot. Beautiful campus.

boutons_deux
07-23-2014, 12:43 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_state_universities_in_the_United_States

Aztecfan03
07-23-2014, 02:34 PM

Yeah i refer to it as UC Berkeley but just know they are the same probably becasue i am from California.

Avante
07-23-2014, 05:23 PM
You wrote a check your ass couldn't cash. Admit you lied and that your word isn't worth a shit and we will be done here. Thanks.

When did we see you doing anything here? I haven't seen shit. So it's looks like you are full of shit.

Avante
07-23-2014, 05:25 PM

Howe many schools in California are called....Cal?

Cry Havoc
07-23-2014, 05:28 PM
Howe many schools in California are called....Cal?

No one here calls it that. Literally no one. I have lived here for 3 years and haven't heard it referred to as "Cal" once. It's UC Berekley, or more often just Berkeley.

Avante
07-23-2014, 05:32 PM
No one here calls it that. Literally no one. I have lived here for 3 years and haven't heard it referred to as "Cal" once. It's UC Berekley, or more often just Berkeley.

Do I really need to send you to a dozen sites out there talking about....Cal?

number 1 of a ton

http://www.calbears.com/

So ya have never seen a...CAL...sweat shirt...right? When they talk about THE BIG GAME it's Cal vs Stanford. Nobody has ever said...UC Berkeley vs Stanford.

number 2
The University of California, Berkeley (also referred to as UC Berkeley; Berkeley; California; or simply Cal),[8] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-8) is a public research university located in Berkeley (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Berkeley,_California), California (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/California). The university occupies 1,232 acres (499 ha) on the eastern side (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/East_Bay_(San_Francisco_Bay_Area)) of the San Francisco Bay (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/San_Francisco_Bay) with the central campus resting on 178 acres (72 ha).[4] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-Facts_at_a_glance-4) Berkeley is the flagship institution of the 10 campus University of

Cry Havoc
07-23-2014, 06:17 PM

Yeah i refer to it as UC Berkeley but just know they are the same probably becasue i am from California.

Do I really need to send you to a dozen sites out there talking about....Cal?

number 1 of a ton

http://www.calbears.com/

So ya have never seen a...CAL...sweat shirt...right? When they talk about THE BIG GAME it's Cal vs Stanford. Nobody has ever said...UC Berkeley vs Stanford.

number 2
The University of California, Berkeley (also referred to as UC Berkeley; Berkeley; California; or simply Cal),[8] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-8) is a public research university located in Berkeley (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Berkeley,_California), California (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/California). The university occupies 1,232 acres (499 ha) on the eastern side (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/East_Bay_(San_Francisco_Bay_Area)) of the San Francisco Bay (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/San_Francisco_Bay) with the central campus resting on 178 acres (72 ha).[4] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-Facts_at_a_glance-4) Berkeley is the flagship institution of the 10 campus University of

Odd how the people who live in California are disagreeing with you. :lol I guess you know more than we do about our own state though, right? Anyway, I wasn't even arguing with you, just pointing out that I was confused and even admitted that I was mistaken. You get defensive about the stupidest shit. :lol

Avante
07-23-2014, 06:20 PM
Odd how the people who live in California are disagreeing with you. :lol I guess you know more than we do about our own state though, right? Anyway, I wasn't even arguing with you, just pointing out that I was confused and even admitted that I was mistaken. You get defensive about the stupidest shit. :lol

Dude, I've lived in California all my life and it's always been....Cal. Why do you think I brought up Cali? And I seriously doubt anyone you know knows more about this state than I do. Since I've lived in San Francisco, San Diego, Tulare, Visalia, Porterville and was a traveling salesman.

Been all over the state.

It's the Cal Bears....not the UC Berkeley Bears. What does it say on the side of the football teams helmets....CAL

The Gemini Method
07-23-2014, 06:26 PM
It's pointless Cry Havoc...like arguing with the animatronics at Chuck E. Cheese's...

Aztecfan03
07-23-2014, 06:33 PM

For football it is never called Berkeley or UC berkeley.

Aztecfan03
07-23-2014, 06:37 PM
Dude, I've lived in California all my life and it's always been....Cal. Why do you think I brought up Cali? And I seriously doubt anyone you know knows more about this state than I do. Since I've lived in San Francisco, San Diego, Tulare, Visalia, Porterville and was a traveling salesman.

Been all over the state.

It's the Cal Bears....not the UC Berkeley Bears. What does it say on the side of the football teams helmets....CAL

Yea for football(probably all sports) it is always Cal. When I think of it as a college I say UC Berekeley because who the heck do they think they are calling themselves California.

Cry Havoc
07-23-2014, 06:38 PM

Been all over the state.

You created a thread topic about academic institutions and the superiority of the California and Texas educational systems.

Now you are identifying that school by its sporting mascot. Are you really that daft? I'm guessing you think people who get an advanced degree from Berkeley put, "Cal Bears" on their curriculum vitae, too? Maybe a paw print next to their doctoral thesis? A helmet next to their peer-reviewed research like it's a 5th grade science project? :lmao

Cry Havoc
07-23-2014, 06:38 PM
Yea for football(probably all sports) it is always Cal. When I think of it as a college I say UC Berekeley because who the heck do they think they are calling themselves California.

The thread title is about academic institutions, not sports teams.

Aztecfan03
07-23-2014, 06:47 PM

But most people still know it by Cal also because of the sports teams.

Avante
07-23-2014, 06:47 PM
It's pointless Cry Havoc (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=7256)...like arguing with the animatronics at Chuck E. Cheese's...

Ya don't argue..Cal...with someone born and raised in California and remember the Stanford Indians.

Avante
07-23-2014, 06:48 PM

The hell with sports...

It's still called Cal by the alumni.

Avante
07-23-2014, 06:51 PM
You created a thread topic about academic institutions and the superiority of the California and Texas educational systems.

Now you are identifying that school by its sporting mascot. Are you really that daft? I'm guessing you think people who get an advanced degree from Berkeley put, "Cal Bears" on their curriculum vitae, too? Maybe a paw print next to their doctoral thesis? A helmet next to their peer-reviewed research like it's a 5th grade science project? :lmao

I guess you're dumb enought to think those who graduated from there don't call it ....Cal. I've heard...

Steve Bartkowski
Chuck Muncie
Tony Gonzalez
Aaron Rodgers
Joe Kapp
Wesley Walker
Marshawn Lynch

...all call it Cal.

My brother in law who went there called it ....Cal.

"She went into this tirade about athletes and entitlements and whatnot. She basically picked on the wrong person in the class because I was probably the best student out of the 11 football players in there. I was second-team all-academic at Cal, if you do your research there," Rodgers explained. "She's looking at me, condescending, talking down to me. And she says, "What do you want to do with yourself?"I said, "I want to play in the NFL."She laughed. She laughed at me. It was a condescending laugh and she said, "You'll never make it. You'll get hurt. You'll need your education

Aaron Rodgers

Cry Havoc
07-23-2014, 07:06 PM
But most people still know it by Cal also because of the sports teams.

Fair enough.

Avante
07-23-2014, 07:14 PM
Nobody has ever said...

I went to the University of Caifornia at LA. It's simply....UCLA. This is similiar to that, not that some don't...Cal Berkeley.

mrsmaalox
07-23-2014, 07:23 PM
It's pointless Cry Havoc...like arguing with the animatronics at Chuck E. Cheese's...

:tu

DMC
07-23-2014, 07:47 PM
Another repetitive agenda schtick poster. Hey I have an idea, someone create a troll and post the same shit over and over. Make a new thread saying basically the same thing every day or so for a year. See how that goes. No one has tried it yet.

Avante
07-23-2014, 07:56 PM
Another repetitive agenda schtick poster. Hey I have an idea, someone create a troll and post the same shit over and over. Make a new thread saying basically the same thing every day or so for a year. See how that goes. No one has tried it yet.

Sorry shorty but not everyones gets off leeching off everyone else then wahwahwahing about it. Don't you ever get tired of that?

Cry Havoc
07-23-2014, 08:55 PM
Sorry shorty but not everyones gets off leeching off everyone else then wahwahwahing about it. Don't you ever get tired of that?

What's the point of this thread again? Football? K.

Cry Havoc
07-23-2014, 08:57 PM
Nobody has ever said...

I went to the University of Caifornia at LA. It's simply....UCLA. This is similiar to that, not that some don't...Cal Berkeley.

Holy shit.

Do you realize how many people call it "UC Berkeley"? You really think because you call it Cal, everyone calls it Cal, don't you? Your mind can't even fathom of someone calling it something other than the name you know it by. It's absurd how blinded you are. I'm on that campus literally once a month or so for work. Students who go there don't call it Cal nearly as often as you are claiming, as I've NEVER heard it since they only seem to call it Berkeley or UC Berkeley.

Avante
07-23-2014, 09:06 PM
Holy shit.

Do you realize how many people call it "UC Berkeley"? You really think because you call it Cal, everyone calls it Cal, don't you? Your mind can't even fathom of someone calling it something other than the name you know it by. It's absurd how blinded you are. I'm on that campus literally once a month or so for work. Students who go there don't call it Cal nearly as often as you are claiming, as I've NEVER heard it since they only seem to call it Berkeley or UC Berkeley.

What I think is when ya see...Cal...in a list of Cali schools you have enought sense to know what that means, not unlike UCLA/USC.

Now think.....what other school does CAL...fit? Yep....none!

You have any idea how many students have come and gone from that school? I don't give a shit what you are seeing right now, you ask any of those thousands of alumni what school they went to, I'm betting ya hear....Cal.

Cry Havoc
07-23-2014, 09:50 PM
What I think is when ya see...Cal...in a list of Cali schools you have enought sense to know what that means, not unlike UCLA/USC.

Now think.....what other school does CAL...fit? Yep....none!

You have any idea how many students have come and gone from that school? I don't give a shit what you are seeing right now, you ask any of those thousands of alumni what school they went to, I'm betting ya hear....Cal.

Cool story bro.

Avante
07-23-2014, 09:52 PM
Cool story bro.

True ones usually are.

DMC
07-24-2014, 07:51 AM
Holy shit.

No one at Berkeley calls it Cal. Trust me on this.

Cry Havoc
07-24-2014, 08:11 AM

Oh, I do, since I know several students and faculty who work there. I'll ask them if they put "Cal Bears on their resume the next time I'm up there.

Avante
07-25-2014, 03:53 AM

Bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, that is a 100% lie. I know more than one Cal graduate who has never called the school anything but ...Cal.

Why lie?

Avante
07-25-2014, 03:54 AM
Oh, I do, since I know several students and faculty who work there. I'll ask them if they put "Cal Bears on their resume the next time I'm up there.

You're an idiot guy. Only a moron wouldn'r know....Cal...is UC Berkeley. Sorta like...

CCR
UTEP
BYU
USA
KKK
ACU
CIA
UOP
COS
UCLA
CPSLO
FSU
LSU
FBI

reporter....so tell me sir who do you work for?
sir...the Federal Bureau of Investigations

Yeah right.

http://alumni.berkeley.edu/

Tell me what ya see at the upper left hand corner.

Aztecfan03
07-25-2014, 04:41 AM
You're an idiot guy. Only a moron wouldn'r know....Cal...is UC Berkeley. Sorta like...

CCR
UTEP
BYU
USA
KKK
ACU
CIA
UOP
COS
UCLA
CPSLO
FSU
LSU
FBI

reporter....so tell me sir who do you work for?
sir...the Federal Bureau of Investigations

Yeah right.

http://alumni.berkeley.edu/

Tell me what ya see at the upper left hand corner.

It is not the same. It should be UCB. All UC's have California in their name. And were the people you knew athletes?

Avante
07-25-2014, 04:55 AM
It is not the same. It should be UCB. All UC's have California in their name. And were the people you knew athletes?

The point was when we have a shorter way to say things it's human nature to go that route. I went to....The College of the Sequoias.... in Visalia. Yep....COS.

Where I used to work the plant manager was a Cal graduate, he always said....Cal. When I was in the insurance business the district manager was a Cal graduate, he always said....Cal. I have a brother in law who attended Cal, he says....Cal.

It's the...Cal Alumni Associate. We see sweaters, sweat shirts....CAL. Headbands....CAL.