PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: I'm Right Again...

Buddy Mignon
07-23-2014, 09:36 AM
I should start charging for my services here. I wonder how the Mavfag Krew feels this morning knowing their German Sausage not only married a nigga, but also just got fucked by a nigga. Huh? This is a prime example of why I refuse to co-sign stars giving away their salary to scrub role players. Its happening all over the league... and you faggots are cheering this foolish behavior. Mavfags and Cuban deserve this pipe-down they just recieved. I hope Lewis gets paid in full...:rollin

RobbyH
07-23-2014, 09:41 AM
so you think Dirk should have taken 4 years 97 mil

Buddy Mignon
07-23-2014, 09:47 AM
so you think Dirk should have taken 4 years 97 mil

Yup... and if the Mavs want to improve its team then the owner should go into luxury tax to do so, or pay Parsons 5 mil, instead of 15 mil. Pay Brandon Wright 1 mil instead of 5 mil. Chandler 7 mil instead of 14 mil. Felton 500k instead of 3 mil. How do you justify the leader and by far the best player on the team and one of the best in the league taking a pay cut while all the scrub players I just mentioned get overpaid?

djohn2oo8
07-23-2014, 09:49 AM
Yup... and if the Mavs want to improve its team then the owner should go into luxury tax to do so, or pay Parsons 5 mil, instead of 15 mil. Pay Brandon Wright 1 mil instead of 5 mil. Chandler 7 mil instead of 14 mil. Felton 500k instead of 3 mil. How do you justify the leader and by far the best player on the team and in the league taking a pay cut while all the scrub players I just mentioned get overpaid?
They did not intend to actually pay Parsons that money. They thought Rockets would match, and now Cuban fucked himself for 3 years, in which Durant becomes a FA in 2.

Buddy Mignon
07-23-2014, 09:52 AM
They did not intend to actually pay Parsons that money. They thought Rockets would match, and now Cuban fucked himself for 3 years, in which Durant becomes a FA in 2.

Its irrelevant. Its a culture that the owners breeded, and the fans have embraced. You expect your best player to do more, right? Then why shouldn't he get paid more.

djohn2oo8
07-23-2014, 09:56 AM
Its irrelevant. Its a culture that the owners breeded, and the fans have embraced. You expect your best player to do more, right? Then why shouldn't he get paid more.
He should be payed more. Yet Dirk allowed it to happen which is why Cuban gets away with it.

Spur-Addict
07-23-2014, 10:08 AM
Dirk definitely should be in the double digit millions per year. But if he willingly sacrifices salary, that's on him no matter who's trying to influence him. But at least Dirk is being proactive about sustaining the winning culture in his last years as opposed to raping his team for 48.5 million over two years, and depending on getting lucky with the amnesty provision. Dirk knows they'll win too many games to get a franchise transformational talent, yet if he takes too much money in FA, they can't get true impact players to make a real run. Too bad other players in the same stage of their career don't see this :lol

mavsfan1000
07-23-2014, 10:27 AM
Someone is bitter that Parsons is gone.

Kool Bob Love
07-23-2014, 10:37 AM
http://static1.dallasblack.com/Articles%5CMarkCubanChandlerParsons_article.jpg

djohn2oo8
07-23-2014, 10:42 AM
How am I bitter when Donnie Nelson admitted they overpaid? Read between the lines.

djohn2oo8
07-23-2014, 10:43 AM
http://static1.dallasblack.com/Articles%5CMarkCubanChandlerParsons_article.jpg
Ok? That's 15 million not on our cap.

Buddy Mignon
07-23-2014, 11:10 AM
Dirk definitely should be in the double digit millions per year. But if he willingly sacrifices salary, that's on him no matter who's trying to influence him. But at least Dirk is being proactive about sustaining the winning culture in his last years as opposed to raping his team for 48.5 million over two years, and depending on getting lucky with the amnesty provision. Dirk knows they'll win too many games to get a franchise transformational talent, yet if he takes too much money in FA, they can't get true impact players to make a real run. Too bad other players in the same stage of their career don't see this :lol

Kobe has four more rings... and five more finals trips than Dirk. Kobe has proved that you don't need to be a ring chaser to actually win rings. Let me explain how your perception is all fucked up. Up until recently if a star player got old and couldn't win a title with his current team and decided to go to another team just to win a title we'd call him a ring chaser. All fans frowned on this... no exceptions!!! Now... you have these same type players taking massive pay cuts at the end of their careers in hopes to lure more talent to their team just to win a ring. Its ring chasing in reverse. The player is saying to himself. "I don't deserve what I'm worth...so I'll take a huge pay cut just to win a title." What kind of fuckery is this...:lmao What about the other 29 losers? Not only did they give back money that they earned, but they didn't win a title either. All while the owners sit back in their box offices laughing their asses off. And the coaches sign deals requesting that their salaries not be disclosed... I'm talking to you Pop. :wakeup

Buddy Mignon
07-23-2014, 11:11 AM

You should be bitter over that sausage sandwich that Lewis just forced you to swallow.

Leetonidas
07-23-2014, 11:16 AM
You also thought Howard/Kobe/Pau/Nash were going to rape the league, so you should probably just stfu and cool it with the basketball takes narutoluva.

Clipper Nation
07-23-2014, 11:16 AM
How am I bitter when Donnie Nelson admitted they overpaid? Read between the lines.
Cuban dropping truthbombs on the Rockets:

Houston is a very logical organization. They do things by the book. They'll follow logic as opposed to some other human elements ...

(Houston) looked at every player as an asset. That asset was a step toward getting another asset. We look towards how do you build a team. Chemistry matters to us. Culture matters to us.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-mavericks/headlines/20140722-mark-cuban-on-how-mavericks-used-rockets-logic-to-help-land-chandler-parsons.ece

:downspin: dat shit! :lol

Spur-Addict
07-23-2014, 11:20 AM
Kobe has four more rings... and five more finals trips than Dirk. Kobe has proved that you don't need to be a ring chaser to actually win rings. Let me explain how your perception is all fucked up. Up until recently if a star player got old and couldn't win a title with his current team and decided to go to another team just to win a title we'd call him a ring chaser. All fans frowned on this... no exceptions!!! Now... you have these same type players taking massive pay cuts at the end of their careers in hopes to lure more talent to their team just to win a ring. Its ring chasing in reverse. The player is saying to himself. "I don't deserve what I'm worth...so I'll take a huge pay cut just to win a title." What kind of fuckery is this...:lmao What about the other 29 losers? Not only did they give back money that they earned, but they didn't win a title either. All while the owners sit back in their box offices laughing their asses off. And the coaches sign deals requesting that their salaries not be disclosed... I'm talking to you Pop. :wakeup

So what RutoLuva, he also played with prime Shaq, and another team that had the best frontcourt in basketball during their run. And more spending power than most teams to boot. Irrelevant point because Dirk never played with the same level of talent. And you have the nerve to mock players who are adapting to a climate where players in their primes are creating super teams so they can remain competitive late in their career? Idiot :lol. After making hundreds of millions of dollars the line between 130 and 135 million isn't the same for them, they care more about winning because at that stage it's the only reason to play the game.

Buddy Mignon
07-23-2014, 11:26 AM
So what RutoLuva, he also played with prime Shaq, and another team that had the best frontcourt in basketball during their run. And more spending power than most teams to boot. Irrelevant point because Dirk never played with the same level of talent. And you have the nerve to mock players who are adapting to a climate where players in their primes are creating super teams so they can remain competitive late in their career? Idiot :lol. After making hundreds of millions of dollars the line between 130 and 135 million isn't the same for them, they care more about winning because at that stage it's the only reason to play the game.

No they don't. They don't care about winning. If they cared about winning they would have strung Fisher up for convincing them to give up 7% of the revenue back to the owners. Kobe carried lazy ass Shaq for too long.

Spur-Addict
07-23-2014, 11:28 AM
No they don't. They don't care about winning. If they cared about winning they would have strung Fisher up for convincing them to give up 7% of the revenue back to the owners. Kobe carried lazy ass Shaq for too long.

You're talking outside the realm of logic now.

Twisted_Dawg
07-23-2014, 12:17 PM
You also thought Howard/Kobe/Pau/Nash were going to rape the league, so you should probably just stfu and cool it with the basketball takes narutoluva.

Fuck this Dirk pay shit, or Kobe did that shit......that bitch in your sig doing the mirror selfie.....she got some big naturals!!:toast

Koolaid_Man
07-23-2014, 12:21 PM
Buddy raw fucking Spur fan in this ass in this thread...Carry on bruh I'm watching this shit and sipping my Mojito

spurraider21
07-23-2014, 12:38 PM
didn't you also say kawhi leonard sucked?

Buddy Mignon
07-23-2014, 12:38 PM
You're talking outside the realm of logic now.

Logic, huh. You're ticket prices are likely to go up. Your franchise player got hosed at the bargaining table... and your coach got a raise for his performance. To sum it all up... the fans pay more money to see their star player perform at a discount, while the owner and coaches all laugh their way to the bank. Can someone please post the picture of Kobe singing his extension with LA management.

Buddy Mignon
07-23-2014, 12:40 PM

Listen, jackass... Kiwiw had a lucky run. He's nothing more than a Trevor Ariza. Every year there's a player on a good team that gets lucky. This year it was Kiwi.

Spur-Addict
07-23-2014, 12:42 PM
Logic, huh. You're ticket prices are likely to go up. Your franchise player got hosed at the bargaining table... and your coach got a raise for his performance. To sum it all up... the fans pay more money to see their star player perform at a discount, while the owner and coaches all laugh their way to the bank. Can someone please post the picture of Kobe singing his extension with LA management.

I think the fans would rather see their team win than have a TOSB make 24 million a year to chuck bricks and miss the playoffs :lmao

Our franchise player got hosed into winning another championship and making hundreds of millions over his career:lol NarutoLogic

illusioNtEk
07-23-2014, 01:07 PM
Listen, jackass... Kiwiw had a lucky run. He's nothing more than a Trevor Ariza. Every year there's a player on a good team that gets lucky. This year it was Kiwi.

you should rewatch GM 3 and 4 vs the heat

ambchang
07-23-2014, 01:39 PM
A) Not sure how Lewis getting a knee surgery after signing a contract proves Dirk is wrong to sign at a discount. At most, it shows the Mavs medical staff is not doing their jobs.
B) https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/source--mavs-void-rashard-lewis--contract-because-of-knee-injury-164352602.html The contract will be/has already been voided.
C) When was the last time you were right? (basketball-wise, or anything that is NOT Naruto related).

ChumpDumper
07-23-2014, 01:42 PM
lol lakerfan trying to justify last season's laker team that was one-deep while the 12-deep Spurs rang.

Mal
07-23-2014, 02:23 PM
I wonder if Rockets will make playoffs. Dwight sucks, and Harden will be exposed, same as McHale coaching. They really could not make it.

djohn2oo8
07-23-2014, 02:28 PM
Cuban dropping truthbombs on the Rockets:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-mavericks/headlines/20140722-mark-cuban-on-how-mavericks-used-rockets-logic-to-help-land-chandler-parsons.ece

:downspin: dat shit! :lol

Let me address here the inevitable question of Dwight vs Mavs culture. *We saw it as somewhat of a risk, but felt like because Dwight by all appearances and checking we did, *is a good guy and with our support systems we believed we could make it work. *if not, he was obviously a very trade able asset

http://blogmaverick.com/2013/08/03/lets-talk-mavs-mffl/

Yeah directly from Cuban. I'm done addressing this.

Bill_Brasky
07-23-2014, 02:39 PM

yes they did.

I was pretty confident. Houston is a very logical organization. They do things by the book. They'll follow logic as opposed to some other human elements ... I guess I can't think of a better way to put it. And so, by the book, they were not going to match. We priced it so if they tried to do a sign-and-trade, they were up against the CBA's hard cap. And that would limit their options. We knew if they didn't do anything with Chris Bosh, it would create limitations for their future flexibility. If they did bring in Chris Bosh, they basically were going to have to get rid of everybody. We tried to make it as difficult as possible on them. On Parsons' 'untradeable contract' Mark Cuban: That just says so much about the difference. They looked at every player as an asset. That asset was a step toward getting another asset. We look towards how do you build a team. Chemistry matters to us. Culture matters to us. We made it a difficult contract to trade because we have no intentions of trading him.

djohn2oo8
07-23-2014, 02:41 PM
yes they did.

They were talking to Stephenson and Deng on the side. The move was designed to fuck the Rockets' salary cap. Cuban knows Parsons is not worth that.

ElNono
07-23-2014, 02:51 PM
Lakerfan with the terrible takes all around... you can pile this turd with other hits like "kawhi sucks" or "anything is possible with this Lakers roster"...

Sometimes it's just better to do the scarn instead of posting, tbh

cd021
07-23-2014, 02:54 PM

I think they intended to get Parsons. The Mavs had no chance of getting Lebron, Melo and Bosh. He was obtainable and Parsons is a only 25 year old and posted 16 ppg, 4 APG, and 5.5 RPG during the season and 18.5 ppg, 2.5 APG, and 7 RPG in the playoffs. Thats why they did the poison pill deal making it 3 yrs/ $45 million instead of 4 yrs/ $45 million. It screwed up Houston and got them a nice upgrade at SF.

cd021
07-23-2014, 02:55 PM
They were talking to Stephenson and Deng on the side. The move was designed to fuck the Rockets' salary cap. Cuban knows Parsons is not worth that.

Morrey knew that Lin and Asik weren't worth $15 million a piece in '14-'15. Its basically the same situation.

RobbyH
07-23-2014, 04:25 PM
their German Sausage not only married a nigga

speaking of which I can't believe dirk went out and married a nigg3r when he could've had any aryan pussy in the world to his choosing

DMC
07-23-2014, 04:34 PM
Blame Fisher. He's the one who negotiated the CBA tbh.

Infinite_limit
07-23-2014, 04:41 PM
speaking of which I can't believe dirk went out and married a nigg3r when he could've had any aryan pussy in the world to his choosing
And....reproduced. Then name the girl Malaika. Can't even find a picture of the creature

Knocks him down a few pegs honestly.

Infinite_limit
07-23-2014, 04:47 PM
Marcin Gortat. White Stud

http://sinbapointforward.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/marcin-gortat-wizards-1.jpg

http://sportsoftheroundtable.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/gortat-2154.jpeg

http://fabwags.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/anna_kociuga_marcin-gortat.jpg

http://fabwags.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Anya-Gortat-Anna-Kociuga-marcin-gortat-girlfriend-photos.png

RobbyH
07-23-2014, 04:49 PM
jj redick

http://www.playerwives.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/jj-redicks-wife-chelsea-redick.jpg

http://www.playerwives.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/jj-redicks-wife-chelsea-redick-2.jpg

Infinite_limit
07-23-2014, 04:52 PM
jj redick

http://www.playerwives.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/jj-redicks-wife-chelsea-redick.jpg

http://www.playerwives.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/jj-redicks-wife-chelsea-redick-2.jpg
Very cute. Looks like a good country girl.

mavsfan1000
07-23-2014, 06:01 PM
He's only 25. Still lots of room for improvement. Most nba players peak at around 29 years old. If he ups his game any more, he should be an all star. He is close. So it's a good gamble imo. Speaking of overpaid, Harden and Howard prevented Houston from being able to get Parsons.

djohn2oo8
07-23-2014, 06:05 PM
He's only 25. Still lots of room for improvement. Most nba players peak at around 29 years old. If he ups his game any more, he should be an all star. He is close. So it's a good gamble imo. Speaking of overpaid, Harden and Howard prevented Houston from being able to get Parsons.

:lmao two all stars prevented Houston from resigning a non all star? Parsons was not worth that money even if they had the space.

djohn2oo8
07-23-2014, 06:06 PM
Unless they had gotten Bosh or anyone else. Without them he just ties up their cap space when they have other needs.

spurraider21
07-23-2014, 06:06 PM
i love seeing the sudden spin with Mavfans propping up Parons and Roxfans shitting on him :lol

Clipper Nation
07-23-2014, 06:09 PM
:lmao two all stars prevented Houston from resigning a non all star? Parsons was not worth that money even if they had the space.
:lol "All-Stars"
:lol Jamaal Magloire, Tyrone Hill, Kirby, Dale Davis, and Wally Szczerbiak were also All-Stars

djohn2oo8
07-23-2014, 06:10 PM
i love seeing the sudden spin with Mavfans propping up Parons and Roxfans shitting on him :lol

He was underrated on the 900,000 a year salary. No one expected 15.

mavsfan1000
07-23-2014, 06:11 PM
Unless they had gotten Bosh or anyone else. Without them he just ties up their cap space when they have other needs.
Yes they are good players. Just not reliable. They get paid a ton. That pretty ties up their cap space. And Bosh would've been a mistake.

djohn2oo8
07-23-2014, 06:11 PM
:lol "All-Stars"
:lol Jamaal Magloire, Tyrone Hill, Kirby, Dale Davis, and Wally Szczerbiak were also All-Stars

Yeah if reaching the third round was a requirement to be an all star we know who would be shit out of luck

Clipper Nation
07-23-2014, 06:12 PM
Yeah if reaching the third round was a requirement to be an all star we know who would be shit out of luck
....James Harden as a primary option :lol

Sportstudi
07-23-2014, 06:13 PM
He should be payed more. Yet Dirk allowed it to happen which is why Cuban gets away with it.

Obviously you don't seem to understand. I already wrote it in different thread, but I have no problems to repeat it:

Well, on the first look you could get this feeling (that Dirk is underpayed), I know what you mean. But you should look about all the statements Dirk has made so far in his career, especially from 2010 onwards. When he gave the Mavs their first discount, taking 80 million instead of 96, he already said that has earned more money until that point than he could ever spend in his whole life. Based on his own admission anything more would just be accumulation of something he has already enough of. Basically, you can say he doesn't give a shit about money. He doesn't spend it on any glitz and glamour, on cars, fancy mansions, bitches and some boyhood crew.

Directly after winning the title he said in an interview that he just wants to live his normal life in Dallas, playing basketball and having a family sooner or later (at that point he wasn't together with that Swedish-Kenyan woman). He doesn't care much about business or being a celebrity. After winning the title there were many facturers sending him watches, cars or whatever for endorsements, he turned down every single offer.

Somehow it seems that some folks just cannot get it through their head that some people are not motivated by only money, they don't understand what Dirk is about. He's just a humble guy that wants to live a pretty normal life with his family. He's just like that. Hard to understand if you see many of the other athletes around, hunting for one last big payday.

djohn2oo8
07-23-2014, 06:13 PM
Yes they are good players. Just not reliable. They get paid a ton. That pretty ties up their cap space. And Bosh would've been a mistake.

no Bosh would not have been a mistake. PF is a position of need.

djohn2oo8
07-23-2014, 06:14 PM
....James Harden as a primary option :lol

Drag queen as your best player :lol

Clipper Nation
07-23-2014, 06:16 PM
Drag queen as your best player :lol
But enough about Houston....

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Dwight-Howard-Riri-300x281.png

ElNono
07-23-2014, 06:17 PM
Parsons is an excellent talent, and I agree the jury is still out on what's his ceiling.

Don't know why All-Star is being brought up, it's a glorified popularity contest... after all, Parsons has as much hardware as Durbeta, a player the league furiously and unashamedly promotes...

If anything, Kiwi shits on both, tbh

djohn2oo8
07-23-2014, 06:21 PM
But enough about Houston....

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Dwight-Howard-Riri-300x281.png

http://www.thelostogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/blake-griffin-frolicking.jpg

spurraider21
07-23-2014, 06:26 PM

http://www.thelostogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/blake-griffin-frolicking.jpg

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Sports/AP_Spurs3_140616_DG_16x9_992.jpg

Clipper Nation
07-23-2014, 06:32 PM
:lol Pedowight Howard
:lol Pro athlete, but can only pull underage girls who look like Colin Kaepernick

midnightpulp
07-23-2014, 06:55 PM
Marcin Gortat. White Stud

http://sinbapointforward.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/marcin-gortat-wizards-1.jpg

http://sportsoftheroundtable.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/gortat-2154.jpeg

http://fabwags.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/anna_kociuga_marcin-gortat.jpg

http://fabwags.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Anya-Gortat-Anna-Kociuga-marcin-gortat-girlfriend-photos.png

Nice looking Mexican chick :tu

ElNono
07-23-2014, 07:01 PM

She def looks like the one wearing the pants on that relationship...

RGMCSE
07-23-2014, 07:05 PM
Buddy raw fucking Spur fan in this ass in this thread...Carry on bruh I'm watching this shit and sipping my Mojito

Heterosexuals drink mojitos?

Infinite_limit
07-23-2014, 07:09 PM
She's Polish. Poles (for the most part) aren't pale Whites like Northern neighbors.

midnightpulp
07-23-2014, 07:14 PM
She's Polish. Poles (for the most part) aren't pale Whites like Northern neighbors.

Looks Latina.

http://d.polskatimes.pl/k/r/1/92/a2/51ebed53629a2_k27.jpg?1400892636

Also, a lot of Latinos/Latinas have Eastern European/Slavic features.

http://www.billboard.com/files/styles/promo_650/public/stylus/1144729-paulina-rubio-617-409.jpg

If you told me Paulina Rubio was Russian, I'd believe it.

DMC
07-23-2014, 07:22 PM
I should start charging for my services here. I wonder how the Mavfag Krew feels this morning knowing their German Sausage not only married a nigga, but also just got fucked by a nigga. Huh? This is a prime example of why I refuse to co-sign stars giving away their salary to scrub role players. Its happening all over the league... and you faggots are cheering this foolish behavior. Mavfags and Cuban deserve this pipe-down they just recieved. I hope Lewis gets paid in full...:rollin

Premature ejaculations again.. must be an anime thing.

Infinite_limit
07-23-2014, 07:38 PM
Looks Latina.

http://d.polskatimes.pl/k/r/1/92/a2/51ebed53629a2_k27.jpg?1400892636

Also, a lot of Latinos/Latinas have Eastern European/Slavic features.

http://www.billboard.com/files/styles/promo_650/public/stylus/1144729-paulina-rubio-617-409.jpg

If you told me Paulina Rubio was Russian, I'd believe it.
Agreed. It's why IMO the best White women are from Eastern Europe.

djohn2oo8
07-23-2014, 08:56 PM
After Parsons left, former teammate Dwight Howard said his departure “won’t affect us at all.” Parsons said the comment didn’t bother him, but it was “ridiculous.”

“I know he didn’t mean it. He’s one of my closest friends,” said Parsons. “He’s got to be confident with the Rockets moving forward with or without me there, so I understand where he’s coming from. I think it’s a ridiculous statement, but at the end of the day, he has to stick up for the Rockets and I don’t think he meant it in a bad way and didn’t try to bash me at all.”

http://jimrome.com/2014/07/23/chandler-parsons-on-mark-cuban-i-think-hes-the-best-owner-in-sports/

Just keep talking.

djohn2oo8
07-23-2014, 10:15 PM
CN, love how you dropped the asset argument when every GM speaks of players that way.

Clipper Nation
07-23-2014, 10:20 PM
CN, love how you dropped the asset argument when every GM speaks of players that way.

:lol I didn't "drop" shit, that was Mark Cuban nailing Morey to the tree of woe....

djohn2oo8
07-23-2014, 10:22 PM
:lol I didn't "drop" shit, that was Mark Cuban nailing Morey to the tree of woe....
No, that was Cuban himself calling Dwight a tradable asset, just like most GMs do.

Clipper Nation
07-23-2014, 10:25 PM
No, that was Cuban himself calling Dwight a tradable asset, just like most GMs do.

Calling one player's contract an asset once =/= creating an entire culture of instability, not valuing any of your current players and always begging for "stars" instead of upgrading the roster you have like Morey has done

djohn2oo8
07-23-2014, 10:39 PM
Calling one player's contract an asset once =/= creating an entire culture of instability, not valuing any of your current players and always begging for "stars" instead of upgrading the roster you have like Morey has done
Pelicans GM Dell Demps talk about the season
More on the trade deadline:
“It is interesting. Whenever you make a trade on the most part, you are trading an asset for an asset, a player for a player. That is the first way of look at it. And so, if you trade a guard for a center or a small forward for a guard, on the most part you are keeping pretty even. Now every once and while there is going to be a trade where it is a home run where guys say man he made this trade for this player for that player, how did that happen? But that’s rare. A second way of looking at it is, sometimes a team will give up an asset to acquire talent. A good example would be is that if you give up a draft pick and you might take on a player for that draft pick. Now you added talent and the other team added an asset for the future. A lot of times those things happen. I think for us at this trade deadline we were only looking to add to our core. We weren’t really looking to make any adjustments. We were looking to add. We didn’t want to give up any more assets to acquire any more players at this point. We did that last summer. We gave up a draft pick in this upcoming draft to acquire Jrue Holiday. We feel like Jrue Holiday is going to be our point guard for the future. We have him under contract for four years and we hope that he grows old here and his kids graduate from high school in New Orleans. We didn’t feel comfortable giving up any more assets for players at this time.”

http://www.nba.com/pelicans/blog/pelicans-gm-dell-demps-talks-about-season

Mark Cuban: Tanking teams will affect trade deadline decisions

“That’s the catch-22 of the tanking philosophy,” he said. “When everybody in your conference except for two teams, three teams, is tanking, then you still got to play all those games and someone has to win them. So it makes it a lot more difficult to make a decision [about to make the playoffs or selling off assets].”

Cuban: NBA's Olympic give-away 'stupid'

“No,’’ Cuban said. “I think it should be 21 (-year-olds) and under, 22-and-under. That’s it. I can’t think of anything more ridiculous and stupid than giving away the best assets from a for-profit business to somebody else to make hundreds of millions, if not billions of dollars.

It doesn’t get any dumber than that.’’
But if you pay players, then you won’t be giving it away.
“No, no,’’ he said. “I’m talking about ...

About your assets?
“Yeah,’’ he said. “They get hurt, you both get hurt, player and team.
And players do get hurt. And then what? Just stupid. They should play high-school players. Give them experience.’’

GM says Heat don't have assets to reel in big man (http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2011-01-17/gm-says-heat-dont-have-assets-to-reel-in-big-man)

“Their centers aren't good enough and if they could find an upgrade, they would do it,” the GM said. Even if the Heat were able to find a center another team was willing to trade, “they don't have the draft picks or assets to get it done, beyond Mike Miller. He has value around the league but he's LeBron James' guy. They don't have the salary room structure to trade for Brendan Haywood, who would help.”

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2011-01-17/gm-says-heat-dont-have-assets-to-reel-in-big-man

djohn2oo8
07-23-2014, 10:39 PM
Anything else I can help you with?

djohn2oo8
07-24-2014, 08:02 AM
I think they intended to get Parsons. The Mavs had no chance of getting Lebron, Melo and Bosh. He was obtainable and Parsons is a only 25 year old and posted 16 ppg, 4 APG, and 5.5 RPG during the season and 18.5 ppg, 2.5 APG, and 7 RPG in the playoffs. Thats why they did the poison pill deal making it 3 yrs/ $45 million instead of 4 yrs/ $45 million. It screwed up Houston and got them a nice upgrade at SF.
Cuban did not break up a championship team so he could pay Parsons 15 mil a year. It would have only screwed Houston if they had matched without Bosh, which they didn't because that money could be used towards a bench. Now, Cuban is paying a role player who compares himself to LeBron 15 million a year.

dg7md
07-24-2014, 11:56 AM

:lmao When has Trevor Ariza outplayed LeBron James for two consecutive games?

There is no comparison... We're not claiming Kawhi is the next top-10 player, but he is much more than Ariza.

Was his run lucky? Maybe some luck played into it, but you don't get lucky in the NBA Finals — that's talent and skill coming out.

mavsfan1000
07-24-2014, 12:05 PM
Cuban did not break up a championship team so he could pay Parsons 15 mil a year. It would have only screwed Houston if they had matched without Bosh, which they didn't because that money could be used towards a bench. Now, Cuban is paying a role player who compares himself to LeBron 15 million a year.
Yep Houston can't afford a third high paying contract. They are left with little options after paying high for Harden and Howard. Dallas could afford the contract. Can't wait to see Parsons draining those 3's.

djohn2oo8
07-24-2014, 01:46 PM
Yep Houston can't afford a third high paying contract. They are left with little options after paying high for Harden and Howard. Dallas could afford the contract. Can't wait to see Parsons draining those 3's.

Yes they could afford it. Parsons is not worth it and you will find out.

mavsfan1000
07-24-2014, 02:49 PM
Yes they could afford it. Parsons is not worth it and you will find out.
Replace Parsons with Harden and I would agree with you.

djohn2oo8
07-24-2014, 04:53 PM
Replace Parsons with Harden and I would agree with you.

:lol thinking Parsons is worth 15 million. What makes him worth that?

FkLA
07-24-2014, 05:13 PM
:lol thinking Parsons is worth 15 million. What makes him worth that?

Hey t-shirt, what do you think of this?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/234977068/Affidavit-For-Montrel-Meander-and-Kendall-Sanders

lol avoiding the college forum like the plague.

Bulaien999
07-24-2014, 08:29 PM
Mavs really propping up Parsons, Keith Van Horn part 2

djohn2oo8
07-24-2014, 08:55 PM
Yep. Parsons averaged 37.6 minutes per game, 7th most in the NBA, while putting up numbers while not being guarded by the opponent's best wing defender. 15.9 PER.

Clipper Nation
07-24-2014, 09:07 PM
Hey t-shirt, what do you think of this?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/234977068/Affidavit-For-Montrel-Meander-and-Kendall-Sanders

lol avoiding the college forum like the plague.
What do you think of Speedy Noil getting arrested for armed robbery?

The Franchise
07-24-2014, 09:21 PM
Morey does have a habit of treating players like assets, but that was not the case for Mr. Parsons. Had they wanted to treat him like an asset, his ass would be playing for $900,000 this upcoming season. Instead they didn't pick up his option as a favor which was a mistake. Please don't misunderstand. I think Chandler Parsons is a damned good role player, but not 15 per good. I do however respect his decision to be payed and I'm happy with Ariza as his replacement. The Rockets made the right decision in not matching and Mav fans will find that out in time.

Bulaien999
07-24-2014, 09:43 PM
Morey does have a habit of treating players like assets, but that was not the case for Mr. Parsons. Had they wanted to treat him like an asset, his ass would be playing for $900,000 this upcoming season. Instead they didn't pick up his option as a favor which was a mistake. Please don't misunderstand. I think Chandler Parsons is a damned good role player, but not 15 per good. I do however respect his decision to be payed and I'm happy with Ariza as his replacement. The Rockets made the right decision in not matching and Mav fans will find that out in time.

I agree with your assessment, dude can ball but the way he is carrying himself is making him become a hated ex rockets player.

FkLA
07-24-2014, 11:45 PM
What do you think of Speedy Noil getting arrested for armed robbery?

1. Im not an A&M fan.
2. Even if I was, I didnt start a thread about the behavior of my rival's players only to find out guys from my team just raped a girl during a mmf threesome.

Buddy Mignon
02-24-2015, 09:47 AM

Yes I did...:lmao

Buddy Mignon
05-03-2015, 06:01 PM

I didn't forget about the Mavfag Krew.:whine

DMC
05-03-2015, 06:35 PM
Too many edgy fake coons here tbh. Some of yall need to change it up a bit.

Bulaien999
05-03-2015, 10:04 PM

Quoted for truth Mavs fans

mavsfan1000
05-04-2015, 12:45 AM
Rockets will get schooled in round 2. Who will guard Chris Paul? :lol

GuerillaBlack
05-04-2015, 05:37 AM
Rockets will get schooled in round 2. Who will guard Chris Paul? :lol

Chris Paul looks to be injured. If he isn't, Brewer or Ariza will be on him, Harden on Barnes, Terry or Prig on Redick. If the series goes long, there is a good chance that Patrick Beverley comes back (if the Rockets make it to the WCF, Beverley will be ready).

mavsfan1000
05-04-2015, 02:57 PM
Chris Paul looks to be injured. If he isn't, Brewer or Ariza will be on him, Harden on Barnes, Terry or Prig on Redick. If the series goes long, there is a good chance that Patrick Beverley comes back (if the Rockets make it to the WCF, Beverley will be ready).
That's just an act. Paul will school whoever guards him. Terry can't hide on defense this series.

mavsfan1000
05-11-2015, 02:44 PM
That's just an act. Paul will school whoever guards him. Terry can't hide on defense this series.
I'm right again!

DMC
05-11-2015, 04:47 PM
Too bad you weren't right about det liberal arts degree eh?

Buddy Mignon
05-11-2015, 07:04 PM

Man... Im good at this. I should be a GM.

Buddy Mignon
05-11-2015, 07:09 PM

Wow... you had hugh hopes. Always love seeing that pretty face in your sig, though.