PDA

View Full Version : Aminu to Dallas

TheGreatYacht
07-23-2014, 08:38 PM
@daldridgetnt: Aminu's deal with Dallas is for two years, $2.1M, player option for second season, per source.

@daldridgetnt: Mavericks maintained $2.7M room exception, expected to go to veteran guard Jameer Nelson.

...RC Buford isn't even trying now lol. Ed Davis and Aminu gone for 1M/yr... Don't expect anymore signings from the Spurs, tbh

ElNono
07-23-2014, 08:54 PM
We have 2x champ Bonner and 1x champ Ayres, tbh...

benefactor
07-23-2014, 08:55 PM
:cry:cry

exstatic
07-23-2014, 08:57 PM
Shit.

baseline bum
07-23-2014, 08:57 PM
Aminu's not a bad value signing, but I'd much rather see the Spurs use Ayres' roster spot on a shooter with Mills and Ginobili looking like they're going to miss some serious time.

SpursFan86
07-23-2014, 09:00 PM
For only $1.1 million/year, that's a great deal tbh. Gives them some defense and rebounding that they desperately need.

spursparker9
07-23-2014, 09:01 PM
wtf 1 mil per year?

TheGoldStandard
07-23-2014, 09:03 PM
We have Bellinelli folks.

Ice009
07-23-2014, 09:05 PM
I seriously have no idea why the Spurs wouldn't be interested, especially if they could have gotten him at that price.

spursparker9
07-23-2014, 09:07 PM

Belli at times just look like a shorter Bonner, tbh.

TheGoldStandard
07-23-2014, 09:07 PM
Belli at times just look like a shorter Bonner, tbh.

Already has a year in the system and will do whatever they tell him to do.

ElNono
07-23-2014, 09:09 PM

Championship experience, tbh

baseline bum
07-23-2014, 09:11 PM

I'd much rather have Belinelli than Aminu.

TheGoldStandard
Championship experience, tbh

Exactly, dude falls in line on the rotation and doesn't complain

TheGoldStandard
I'd much rather have Belinelli than Aminu.

Same.. he'll be improved this year.

TheWriter
07-23-2014, 09:15 PM
ITT: Dipshit fans wondering who will fill the illustrious 15th roster spot. Then getting upset when some robber signs with another team.

I can't wait for the preseason cliff jumping bullshit to occupy the front page. That's gonna be fun. /s

Malik Hairston
07-23-2014, 09:17 PM
:lol there's a reason Aminu received limited interest from teams and only got a low-level contract, and the reason isn't only because he's one of the ugliest players in the league, tbh..

He's just another "potential" player to add to the long list of desired players from fans during every off-season..I've heard "Mbah a Moute would be amazing if he could learn to shoot, let's sign him" for the past 8 years:lol..

DesignatedT
07-23-2014, 09:18 PM
Aminu sucks lmao. Guy is awful.

TD 21
07-23-2014, 09:21 PM
Aminu's not a bad value signing, but I'd much rather see the Spurs use Ayres' roster spot on a shooter with Mills and Ginobili looking like they're going to miss some serious time.

Yeah, he's not and that goes for the majority of their off season . . . but that's as far as it goes. Incremental improvement on top of a fools gold seven game series against the Spurs doesn't make them contenders.

montgod
07-23-2014, 09:21 PM
Decent on D but serious liability on offense...

concan1
07-23-2014, 09:22 PM
Aminu is terrible won't help Dallas.

Malik Hairston
07-23-2014, 09:28 PM
The Mavs are a solid team, but people put way too much stock in the Spurs-Mavs series this season, tbh:lol..

apalisoc_9
07-23-2014, 10:06 PM
Aminu is a decent player but that's about the right price for his kind of player IMO..He's an OK defensive player but he really doesn't have much in the offensive end. Honestly, he's a 12th man on a good team...Good pick up for the mavs though..Gives them more weapons to throw out opposing guards.

The spurs don't need him..I'm acutally happy the spurs dont want him

cd021
07-23-2014, 10:07 PM
Shit.

This

Budkin
07-23-2014, 10:15 PM
Meh tbh

cd021
07-23-2014, 10:15 PM
Decent on D but serious liability on offense...

At the least, he is a laterally move from Marion. Good athlete, can play either forward spot and can board and defend. 12 years younger. $2 million is a very good price.

Birn
07-23-2014, 10:26 PM
Aminu sucks lmao. Guy is awful.

+1 never understood why SpursTalk posters love this guy. He's just plain terrible.

Aztecfan03
07-23-2014, 10:34 PM

Why Ginobili? His injury wont keep him out. you mean because of the world cup?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-23-2014, 10:38 PM
What a pity! That we could have had him for a very low salary but don't is an awful shame.

If Chip could teach that guy to shoot even half-decently, he would be a monster. Instead he goes to one of our major rivals, and a we clog up the team with dross like Ayers and Daye. Unfortunate.

Spur|n|Austin
07-23-2014, 10:47 PM
:lol at people getting scared of Dallas.

07-23-2014, 10:55 PM
Damn that was cheap. I think it's pretty obvious Aminu was not on the Spurs radar at all. They could have easily outbid the Mavs if they wanted. Aminu is terrible at offense but he's only 23. Better than wasting time on an older Austin Daye. Aminu can still develop into an elite defensive player and someone who can make the corner 3. Chip could have fixed his ugly jumper.

Spurs may have thought he was hopeless though but a Aminu/Leonard defensive combo at its full potential would have been fun to watch.

FireMicoHalili
07-23-2014, 11:00 PM
wow that's a pretty formidable roster, esp with Nelson in tow

Sean Cagney
07-23-2014, 11:01 PM
wow that's a pretty formidable roster, esp with Nelson in tow

Oh yeah they are a pretty good team, around middle of the pack in the West IMO (5th or 6th Seed), definitely will be a tough out in round one for whoever gets them.

07-23-2014, 11:02 PM
I wouldn't be scared of Aminu on the Mavs. At this point, he's just a project that may take a couple of years to eventually develop. Mavs look pretty good now but not because of Aminu.

FireMicoHalili
07-23-2014, 11:06 PM
Not that it matters, but the "I'm not scared; we just won a championship so the Spurs' front office can do nothing wrong" is a bad argument to just set aside other team's improvements. Doesn't mean the front office is without flaws.

marinoman
07-23-2014, 11:34 PM
I feel like certain Spurs "fans" root or expect the team to fail.
RC isnt even trying huh, sounds similar to what people said last year. How many titles or deep playoff runs until people around here say maybe Pop and RC have some idea of what their doing?
Manu sux, RC's an idiot, so many popsuckers.........are we in the fuckin lottery every year?

TheWriter
07-23-2014, 11:43 PM
Not that it matters, but the "I'm not scared; we just won a championship so the Spurs' front office can do nothing wrong" is a bad argument to just set aside other team's improvements. Doesn't mean the front office is without flaws.

They literally brought everyone back, sans one player, and only have one roster spot open for a player who will likely see very very little playing time if any at all.

Who are they supposed to sign so you can pop a boner?

FireMicoHalili
07-23-2014, 11:45 PM
They literally brought everyone back, sans one player, and only have one roster spot open for a player who will likely see very very little playing time if any at all.

Didn't say they just did anything wrong either. Best check yourself mate. Best front office sure, not perfect though.

Ice009
07-23-2014, 11:46 PM
I feel like certain Spurs "fans" root or expect the team to fail.
RC isnt even trying huh, sounds similar to what people said last year. How many titles or deep playoff runs until people around here say maybe Pop and RC have some idea of what their doing?
Manu sux, RC's an idiot, so many popsuckers.........are we in the fuckin lottery every year?

I'm pretty sure RC said last off-season that he knows the Spurs have a bit of a hole at backup SF. If he knows what he's doing, why did he say that and still hasn't addressed it?

I feel/guess that they couldn't find anyone before last season started, so they went with what they had and decided to fill the spot by committee. This off-season I think it should have been a top priority and I thought for sure they would have addressed it by now.

FireMicoHalili
07-23-2014, 11:47 PM

Wait...you get boners from free agent signings? That's weird but I respect that

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-23-2014, 11:52 PM

This. I keep having to remind myself that RC and Pop seem to be complacent every offseason we win a title.

We need another damn scoring guard with Mills and Manu down. Apparently our FO thinks that Parker, Joseph, Green, and Cotton can carry the scoring load while they recover :rolleyes

T Park
07-24-2014, 01:27 AM
This. I keep having to remind myself that RC and Pop seem to be complacent every offseason we win a title.

We need another damn scoring guard with Mills and Manu down. Apparently our FO thinks that Parker, Joseph, Green, and Cotton can carry the scoring load while they recover :rolleyes

seeing as Cotton is Austin feed....

Mr. Body
07-24-2014, 01:35 AM
Laughing at you dipshits who think Aminu is a player of any importance.

Only reason this is mildly important is it makes Marion less likely to remain a Mav.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-24-2014, 04:07 AM
Laughing at you dipshits who think Aminu is a player of any importance.

Only reason this is mildly important is it makes Marion less likely to remain a Mav.

Aminu is a player with potential to one day be important in that maybe you sign him to a cheap contract and he turns into a solid rotation player (ie. outperforms). Let's be clear about that. :lol

Still, I like your second point - this does make Marion less likely to remain a Mav, and that is subtraction by addition for the Mavs if Marion still has any game left (he is a far better player today than Aminu, even given his age).

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-24-2014, 04:08 AM

They probably think Belli will take some of the load, but I agree that we need another wing.

jyra
07-24-2014, 05:12 AM
There is no way Marion is going back to the Mavs now that they can only bring him back on a minimum contract (assuming that Jameer Nelson signs for the Room-MLE).

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-24-2014, 06:01 AM
Aminu is a player with potential to one day be important in that maybe you sign him to a cheap contract and he turns into a solid rotation player (ie. outperforms). Let's be clear about that. :lol

There are many players who are one skill away from becoming legit contributors. The Spurs can't get them all.

Can't wait for his first 6 and 6 game so some gnsf would start a thread about how he's the missing piece.

FireMicoHalili
07-24-2014, 06:49 AM
here's the thing though: if Daye were a free agent this summer and the Spurs scooped him up, I'd feel good about it. Can't say the same for Ayres, with the glut at PF in the market.

therealtruth
07-24-2014, 06:54 AM
We should have got him. With our player development we could really help him.

benefactor
07-24-2014, 07:52 AM
Wow...grey tears taste even better after 5.

Please ST, never change.

UnWantedTheory
07-24-2014, 08:55 AM
Everybody chill. We resigned Bonner.

Darth_Pelican
07-24-2014, 09:47 AM
As someone who has had to endure Aminu in New Orleans, I'm telling you all from plenty of viewing experience that he is not good enough to have a roster spot on the Spurs, regardless of the cheap price tag. Consider yourselves blessed.

look_at_g_shred
07-24-2014, 10:03 AM
Fuck!

look_at_g_shred
07-24-2014, 10:03 AM
We need to get Chris Douglas Roberts tbh..

ChumpDumper
07-24-2014, 10:05 AM

We need another damn scoring guard with Mills and Manu down. Apparently our FO thinks that Parker, Joseph, Green, and Cotton can carry the scoring load while they recover :rolleyesYou mentioned Cotton without mentioning Marco?

tuncaboylu
07-24-2014, 10:23 AM
I seriously have no idea why the Spurs wouldn't be interested, especially if they could have gotten him at that price.

His 3 point percentage is %27.

A stretch 4 who can't shoot and can't create space.

Basically He doesn' fit our system. It's obvious why we didn't interest in my opinion.

tuncaboylu
07-24-2014, 10:32 AM
We should have got him. With our player development we could really help him.

We don't have tim to develop a player, we need an immediate impact.

We can not wait a guy to improve his shooting from %27 to %37, we have to win next year.

It's a one year rental for Dallas. If he shows up in Dallas, he will seek for much more money.

DrunkTXLabrat
07-24-2014, 11:19 AM
I like a lot of the Dallas off-season moves. I think the Mavs are going to be tougher. I hope Anderson and in-house development is toughening enough for the Spurs.

marinoman
07-24-2014, 01:49 PM
I'm pretty sure RC said last off-season that he knows the Spurs have a bit of a hole at backup SF. If he knows what he's doing, why did he say that and still hasn't addressed it?

I feel/guess that they couldn't find anyone before last season started, so they went with what they had and decided to fill the spot by committee. This off-season I think it should have been a top priority and I thought for sure they would have addressed it by now.

maybe the Spurs feel Kyle Anderson is that guy. Maybe RC AND Pop think Daye is ready for that role, who knows? The bottomline is I feel at the very least the Spurs organization deserves the benefit of the doubt. Last year I was a bit worried when we let Neal go and didnt sign a backup pg. They saw Mills would be that guy, NOONE on this forum said "man I like Mills as our backup PG going into the 13-14 season" last summer.

ironman2886
07-24-2014, 02:55 PM
As someone who has had to endure Aminu in New Orleans, I'm telling you all from plenty of viewing experience that he is not good enough to have a roster spot on the Spurs, regardless of the cheap price tag. Consider yourselves blessed.
Listen to this man.

Sean Cagney
07-24-2014, 03:24 PM
Listen to this man.

I will always listen to fan of the team he came from who has seen him alot more than most of us. I have never even seen this guy play! I can look up stats and so on but that doesn't even tell the half. I will take his word for it and smile.

DrunkTXLabrat
07-24-2014, 06:22 PM
maybe the Spurs feel Kyle Anderson is that guy. Maybe RC AND Pop think Daye is ready for that role, who knows? The bottomline is I feel at the very least the Spurs organization deserves the benefit of the doubt. Last year I was a bit worried when we let Neal go and didnt sign a backup pg. They saw Mills would be that guy, NOONE on this forum said "man I like Mills as our backup PG going into the 13-14 season" last summer.

i believed in mills/cojo. I thought the "spurs need a pg who can pass" business was stupid. Hell they still had De Colo and mighta had signed Beli already.

I'll tell ya what nobody saw, and still can't see. The Ayers hate started with how much of a head scratch'r his signing was. The Spurs had Baynes and Bonner. What they needed to do was to gamble on a little pre-ripe LJC. They screwed up cause they didn't have the balls to let a skinny kid with potential sit on the bench. They end up winning anyway but they gave up on Decolo, maybe a little early. The lost Malcolm Thomas. They spent any amount of time dickin with James and Daye, and LJC gets hurt.

DrunkTXLabrat
07-24-2014, 06:27 PM
i believed in mills/cojo. I thought the "spurs need a pg who can pass" business was stupid. Hell they still had De Colo and mighta had signed Beli already.

I'll tell ya what nobody saw, and still can't see. The Ayers hate started with how much of a head scratch'r his signing was. The Spurs had Baynes and Bonner. What they needed to do was to gamble on a little pre-ripe LJC. They screwed up cause they didn't have the balls to let a skinny kid with potential sit on the bench. They end up winning anyway but they gave up on Decolo, maybe a little early. The lost Malcolm Thomas. They spent any amount of time dickin with James and Daye, and LJC gets hurt.

and/or Bertans

ceperez
07-24-2014, 06:51 PM

Nice price.... however Spurs roster is already full

Parker, Mills, Joseph
Green, Ginobili, Belinelli
Leonard, Daye, Anderson
Duncan, Diaw, Bonner, Ayres
Splitter

14 players .... not including unsigned Baynes and unguaranteed Cotton. If Aminu was signed then obviously Baynes and Cotton are both out.

SpurSwag
07-24-2014, 08:22 PM
At the least, he is a laterally move from Marion. Good athlete, can play either forward spot and can board and defend. 12 years younger. $2 million is a very good price.

he's a fantastic bargain for these reasons and more. Dude is athletic, doesn't complain too much about his role, and obviously a big if but if he gets a consistent shot, he could be a difference maker on a Playoff team. He's got a good motor too

cd021
07-24-2014, 09:24 PM
he's a fantastic bargain for these reasons and more. Dude is athletic, doesn't complain too much about his role, and obviously a big if but if he gets a consistent shot, he could be a difference maker on a Playoff team. He's got a good motor too

I'm assuming that he will be the backup PF in Dallas. With Nelson/Harris-Felton-RJ/Crowder- & Wright. I like him better as a PF that can occasionally play SF. It makes his lack of shooting less of an issue. Was hoping the Spurs would have signed him as a combo forward (with Chip helping retool his jumper)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-24-2014, 11:45 PM
Nice price.... however Spurs roster is already full

Parker, Mills, Joseph
Leonard, Daye, Anderson
Duncan, Diaw, Bonner, Ayres
Splitter

14 players .... not including unsigned Baynes and unguaranteed Cotton. If Aminu was signed then obviously Baynes and Cotton are both out.

FIFY

Parker, Joseph, (Mills)
Leonard, Daye, Anderson
Diaw, (Baynes), Bonner
Duncan, Splitter, Ayres

() means yet to occur but likely, or injured.
And obviously Splitter and Duncan will start together depending on matchup.
Also, emboldened means I threw up in my mouth a little at the thought of it. I think that Beli plays a lot of the minutes slated for Daye in that lineup... at least I hope so!

Ice009
07-25-2014, 12:32 AM
I'll tell you guys something. Daye scoring 16 points or whatever (not sure on the exact numbers) from 15 shots a game in Summer League is pathetic. Efficiency is something that makes someone a good or better player.

If you give me that many shots per game consistently, I'd be able to score 16 points too. A few people say he played well overall, but I disagree. His body language was horrible anytime he made a mistake or things didn't go his way, he didn't seem like much of a leader and I just don't like the way that he carried himself out there. Didn't seem to help or prop up his teammates at all. That just doesn't give me any confidence in him and I doubt it inspires his teammates, in the least, to even give a fuck about him.

Seeing Ruff list him as the backup SF in the post above just disgusts me. At this point, I'm not a fan of his at all.

At least Ayres carries himself better on the court and seems more upbeat, more positive. He still sucks, but it's not his fault that the Spurs signed him.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-25-2014, 01:14 AM
I'll tell you guys something. Daye scoring 16 points or whatever (not sure on the exact numbers) from 15 shots a game in Summer League is pathetic. Efficiency is something that makes someone a good or better player.

If you give me that many shots per game consistently, I'd be able to score 16 points too. A few people say he played well overall, but I disagree. His body language was horrible anytime he made a mistake or things didn't go his way, he didn't seem like much of a leader and I just don't like the way that he carried himself out there. Didn't seem to help or prop up his teammates at all. That just doesn't give me any confidence in him and I doubt it inspires his teammates, in the least, to even give a fuck about him.

Seeing Ruff list him as the backup SF in the post above just disgusts me. At this point, I'm not a fan of his at all.

At least Ayres carries himself better on the court and seems more upbeat, more positive. He still sucks, but it's not his fault that the Spurs signed him.

Yup, as I said, I threw up a little in my mouth as I wrote that. I have no faith whatsoever in Daye, but I do have faith in the FO, so I guess they know what they're doing.

Realistically, Manu is the backup point-small forward, and Beli is the backup shooting guard, but that leaves us pretty thin unless SloMo is far more advanced than he looks. We really need another swing.