PDA

View Full Version : Is there a more retarded group than the anti-execution group?

Thebesteva
07-23-2014, 10:38 PM
I was originally going to post this story, an Arizona man smiles at his victims family as he was being executed. The execution went wrong and it took him 2 hours to die as he gasped for air. Now people are outraged and looking to prevent this from ever happening again.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/23/justice/arizona-execution-controversy/

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/140723185329-joseph-wood-mug-left-tease.jpg

Can someone explain to me how the fuck people are so sensitive to these scum bags not being eaten by lions and instead want them to be loved and hugged for life? Please explain to me the retarded theory behind this?

TheSanityAnnex
07-23-2014, 10:42 PM
Lol was going to post a similar thread about this same shit earlier.
Failed execution :lol the motherfucker died didn't he? :lol

what I don't get is why we spend so much developing drugs to kill them. Hanging people is extremely cheap and extremely effective. Fifteen cent round of .22 to the head works just as well. Stop wasting my tax dollars.

DarrinS
07-23-2014, 10:44 PM
I think their objection is that some innocent people may get executed, which is a strong point. If the the crine is heinous enough and the proof beyond doubt, I doughy they would object.

Thebesteva
07-23-2014, 10:46 PM
Lol was going to post a similar thread about this same shit earlier.
Failed execution :lol the motherfucker died didn't he? :lol

what I don't get is why we spend so much developing drugs to kill them. Hanging people is extremely cheap and extremely effective. Fifteen cent round of .22 to the head works just as well. Stop wasting my tax dollars.

Honestly, Im one of the more 'sensitive' individuals when it comes to 1) Animal abuse 2) Wanting to see automatic rifles banned from America. Regardless of your stance on those 2 things, even I cannot for the life of me understand how we look for the most comfortable way to kill individual monsters like this. Personally, I believe they should be lit on fire.

ElNono
07-23-2014, 11:16 PM
I think their objection is that some innocent people may get executed, which is a strong point. If the the crine is heinous enough and the proof beyond doubt, I doughy they would object.

There's that, then the fact that it's the easy way out and that in reality it costs way more to go through with execution than to jail them for life. I mean, do you think that guy in the OP rather be Jamal and Leroy sex toy for life or dead?

As far as 'comfort' in executions, it's largely to avoid triggering the US Constitution's 8th amendment, which reads:

Amendment VIII
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Thebesteva
07-23-2014, 11:24 PM
There's that, then the fact that it's the easy way out and that in reality it costs way more to go through with execution than to jail them for life. I mean, do you think that guy in the OP rather be Jamal and Leroy sex toy for life or dead?

As far as 'comfort' in executions, it's largely to avoid triggering the US Constitution's 8th amendment, which reads:

Amendment VIII
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Rape in jail is highly overrated. I knew a guy who was a guard for a max security prison and said rape is not as common as people think, very rare. But fights and getting killed is extremely common

baseline bum
07-23-2014, 11:25 PM
Honestly, Im one of the more 'sensitive' individuals when it comes to 1) Animal abuse 2) Wanting to see automatic rifles banned from America. Regardless of your stance on those 2 things, even I cannot for the life of me understand how we look for the most comfortable way to kill individual monsters like this. Personally, I believe they should be lit on fire.

I don't think lethal injection is all that comfortable. A quick bullet to the head would be way more humane. Not that I really give a shit about showing humanity to a murderer like that fuck, but I'd just shoot him since it would be cheap. Maybe the lethal injection is more for the comfort of the executioner though.

AaronY
07-23-2014, 11:43 PM

According to wiki 15 people were exonerated and released from death row before being executed so innocent people already probably been executed a bunch of times since DNA hasn't been around forever or even existed in a lot of cases. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrongful_execution

ElNono
07-24-2014, 12:39 AM
Rape in jail is highly overrated. I knew a guy who was a guard for a max security prison and said rape is not as common as people think, very rare. But fights and getting killed is extremely common

Don't really care. Let him rot in jail until the end of days. It's still cheaper. That 8th Amendment is what opens the door to all sorts of challenges which is why it takes so long and costs so much to off these guys.

PublicOption
07-24-2014, 01:04 AM
I am a democrat. I am also a nurse. They are saying stupid shit to scare people. I can hear it in the words they use. They are doing the same thing fox does and its pissing me off.

Blake
07-24-2014, 01:05 AM
The pro-execution group is much more retarded, imo

Jacob1983
07-24-2014, 01:43 AM
Why not just have a firing squad or a lone shooter and fire a bullet into the brain of the individual? Get a revolver and some bullets and get it done fast.

boutons_deux
07-24-2014, 05:19 AM

A United States Department of Justice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Department_of_Justice) report, Sexual Victimization in Prisons and Jails Reported by Inmates, states that "In 2011-12, an estimated 4.0% of state and federal prison inmates and 3.2% of jail inmates reported experiencing one or more incidents of sexual victimization by another inmate or facility staff in the past 12 months or since admission to the facility, if less than 12 months."[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison_rape_in_the_United_States#cite_note-2) However, advocates dispute the accuracy of the numbers, saying they seem to under report the real numbers of sexual assaults in prison, especially among juveniles.[ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison_rape_in_the_United_States#cite_note-3)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison_rape_in_the_United_States

guys LOVE to fantasize that male rape in prison is rampant

boutons_deux
07-24-2014, 05:22 AM
Sentenced to Wait: Efforts to End Prison Rape Stall Again

Texas prison inmates report being raped at some of the highest rates in the country, and the problem only seems to be worsening: The three most recent reports (http://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=4989)issued by the U.S. Department of Justice show stubbornly high levels of reported sexual assault.

But late last month, Texas Gov. Rick Perry wrote a letter (http://www.tdcjunion.com/research/rick_perry_letter.pdf) to U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder signaling that he'd rather lose federal funds for corrections than comply with new rules under the Prison Rape Elimination Act requiring states to substantially improve detection and prevention of sexual assaults in prisons.

"Washington has taken an opportunity to help address a problem in our prisons and jails, but instead created a counterproductive and unnecessarily cumbersome and costly regulatory mess for the states," Perry said of the regulations.

Perry asserted that some of the federal rules would duplicate safeguards already in place, including, for example, the development of comprehensive sexual assault training for staff and prisoners.

http://www.propublica.org/article/sentenced-to-wait-efforts-to-end-prison-rape-stall-again

Has RickyBobby EVER cooperated with the Feds? :lol

boutons_deux
07-24-2014, 05:24 AM
nothing more humane, painless, even extremely pleasant, and reliable than on overdose of pure heroin, which is a lot cheaper, more effective than the expensive crap taxpayers buy from BigPharma.

boutons_deux
07-24-2014, 05:30 AM
Court Rejects California’s Death Penalty

In an indictment of California’s death penalty, a federal judge ruled Wednesday that decades-long delays and uncertainty about whether condemned inmates will ever be executed violate the constitution’s ban on cruel or unusual punishment.

The ruling by U.S. District Judge Cormac J. Carney, an appointee of former President George W. Bush, was unprecedented and likely to further inflame the debate over the state’s death penalty. Several prominent judges have excoriated California’s death penalty for its dysfunction, but Carney was the first to rule the delays amounted to a constitutional violation and left the system without any legitimate purpose.

For decades, California’s inmates have argued that the death penalty violates the U.S. Constitution’s ban on cruel and unusual punishment, and courts have routinely dismissed the claim. But Carney focused on how the state enforces the death penalty and ordered lawyers to present written arguments on it.

California’s system, “where so many are sentenced to death but only a random few are actually executed, would offend the most fundamental of constitutional protections — that the government shall not be permitted to arbitrarily inflict the ultimate punishment of death,” wrote Carney, who serves in Orange County.

Carney noted that more than 900 people have been sentenced to death in California since 1978 but only 13 have been executed.

“For the rest, the dysfunctional administration of California’s death penalty system has resulted, and will continue to result, in an inordinate and unpredictable period of delay preceding their actual execution,” Carney wrote. “As for the random few for whom execution does become a reality, they will have languished for so long on Death Row that their execution will serve no retributive or deterrent purpose and will be arbitrary.”

Carney said the delays had created a “system in which arbitrary factors, rather than legitimate ones like the nature of the crime or the date of the death sentence, determine whether an individual will actually be executed.”

Carol Steiker, a criminal law professor at Harvard Law School and an expert on the death penalty, described Carney’s decision as “stunning” and “path-breaking.”

“That’s a ruling of tremendous breadth,” she said. “We haven’t seen very many rulings from the federal courts declaring a whole state’s system unconstitutional. That’s quite stunning.”

http://www.nationalmemo.com/court-rejects-californias-death-penalty/

101A
07-24-2014, 09:02 AM
Had my dog put down a couple of months ago. He died in, literally, five seconds. Cost me 20 bucks. WTF is it with lethal injection? Just go to a god damned veterinary clinic, pick up a vile.

I could give two shits about the inmates suffering...but let them rot in prison. ANY chance of executing an innocent is too great of one to risk.

boutons_deux
07-24-2014, 09:52 AM
ANY chance of executing an innocent is too great of one to risk.

but but but ... dubya said he was sure every one of the 500 executed on he was nominally TX governor watch was guilty. whew, what relief!

If it's good enough for Peaches, it's good enough for executing

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/peaches-geldof-died-heroin-overdose-coroner-article-1.1876801

(not that I'm pro-execution)

Aztecfan03
07-24-2014, 12:33 PM

Amendment VIII

That is because of the appeals process. If the death penalty could only be used or more absolute cases, they wouldn't need that and it would be really cheap with a bullet to the head.

Big Empty
07-24-2014, 01:39 PM
just bring in an anesthesiologist, put him to sleep and have a fire squad put 5 bullets in the heart

ElNono
07-24-2014, 02:31 PM
That is because of the appeals process. If the death penalty could only be used or more absolute cases, they wouldn't need that and it would be really cheap with a bullet to the head.

While personally I might agree with that, legally, I think goes well beyond the certainty level on the resolution of a case. Just taking a look at the abortion debate tells you how much America values life, and the fact that a life would be taken in punishment, triggers a lot of legal avenues that are not there for other forms of punishment, like life in prison.

It would also be difficult to put a threshold on what's "absolute", tbh... One has to look no further than the OJ Simpson case to realize there's a lot of relatives to reach certain conclusions.

cantthinkofanything
07-24-2014, 02:58 PM
this group has to be close...

1XALVTzMOeQ

Clipper Nation
07-25-2014, 11:20 AM
Don't really care. Let him rot in jail until the end of days. It's still cheaper. That 8th Amendment is what opens the door to all sorts of challenges which is why it takes so long and costs so much to off these guys.
Exactly.... that being said, you also can't really get rid of the rigorous legal challenges due to the chance of the person actually being innocent.... this is people's lives being dealt with here, if you fuck up, it can't be reversed....

My favorite question to ask the pro-execution crowd: are the types of (guilty) scumbags who are eligible for execution really worth the extra tax money it costs to execute them?

Aztecfan03
07-25-2014, 11:28 AM
Exactly.... that being said, you also can't really get rid of the rigorous legal challenges due to the chance of the person actually being innocent.... this is people's lives being dealt with here, if you fuck up, it can't be reversed....

My favorite question to ask the pro-execution crowd: are the types of (guilty) scumbags who are eligible for execution really worth the extra tax money it costs to execute them?

THe way it is now nope also because innocents get executed sometimes.

angrydude
07-25-2014, 12:07 PM
Prosecutors lie, cops lie, juries are clueless. What's not to love about putting your life in the hands of the state?

boutons_deux
07-25-2014, 12:23 PM
Prosecutors lie, cops lie, juries are clueless. What's not to love about putting your life in the hands of the state?

star convicted/witnesses, eye witnesses, for the prosecution corrupted, offered deals to testify, etc

forensic crime labs, from FBI on down, have some pretty horrible failures, sloppiness

Add it all into the overall crapification of America.

spurraider21
07-25-2014, 05:59 PM
Amendment VIII
nothing cruel/unusual about the death penalty tbh. its CERTAINLY not unusual, its a practice that has been around forever. and you yourself said its an easy way out, and that life i prison is more likely to be cruel.

and of course, if one cares about original intent, during the time the bill of rights was written, execution was practiced and legal, meaning they certainly didnt consider it cruel and unusual. besides, the fact that it says cruel AND unusual means a punishment would have to fit both to be considered illegal.

the main reason executions are expensive is the legal battle, the countless appeals. they also choose weird expensive techniques instead of a bullet to the temple

HI-FI
07-25-2014, 08:37 PM
eh, still a fan of the death penalty, but understand the fear of killing innocent people. some people simply need to go imo....The fact that California never got rid of the Manson family still boggles the mind.

ElNono
07-26-2014, 02:48 AM
nothing cruel/unusual about the death penalty tbh. its CERTAINLY not unusual, its a practice that has been around forever. and you yourself said its an easy way out, and that life i prison is more likely to be cruel.

and of course, if one cares about original intent, during the time the bill of rights was written, execution was practiced and legal, meaning they certainly didnt consider it cruel and unusual. besides, the fact that it says cruel AND unusual means a punishment would have to fit both to be considered illegal.

the main reason executions are expensive is the legal battle, the countless appeals. they also choose weird expensive techniques instead of a bullet to the temple

I've never been personally a fan of the death penalty only because the risk of offing innocent people. There's just no going back from that, and frankly, you have to look no further than the Trayvon Martin case to understand how fine is the line sometimes on some of these convictions... The wrong jury can send you straight to hell.

On the cruelty aspect, it's just another avenue to pursue delays. While my personal feeling is that perhaps it's more cruel for them to rot in jail, the reality is that the amendment provides a route to challenge deathrow that's not there in jail for life, and it's unlikely to go away due to the fact that changing the US Constitution is a difficult process. This is reflected in the SCOTUS having to tackle the 8th amendment many times when it comes to the death penalty.

But that is also why States that have the death penalty try to pursue a known, proven, minimally cruel method: it cuts down on arguments on appeal. With all these botched executions, now you have new arguments on appeal, and you can bet every inmate on deathrow is going to be applying for that shit. Now you have more delay, etc.

spurraider21
07-26-2014, 04:20 AM
I've never been personally a fan of the death penalty only because the risk of offing innocent people. There's just no going back from that, and frankly, you have to look no further than the Trayvon Martin case to understand how fine is the line sometimes on some of these convictions... The wrong jury can send you straight to hell.

On the cruelty aspect, it's just another avenue to pursue delays. While my personal feeling is that perhaps it's more cruel for them to rot in jail, the reality is that the amendment provides a route to challenge deathrow that's not there in jail for life, and it's unlikely to go away due to the fact that changing the US Constitution is a difficult process. This is reflected in the SCOTUS having to tackle the 8th amendment many times when it comes to the death penalty.

But that is also why States that have the death penalty try to pursue a known, proven, minimally cruel method: it cuts down on arguments on appeal. With all these botched executions, now you have new arguments on appeal, and you can bet every inmate on deathrow is going to be applying for that shit. Now you have more delay, etc.
i agree that the death penalty has to be handed out extremely carefully, if at all. not anybody who gets convicted of something should get the death penalty, it should require a separate standard. also, just want to be clear that i dont have some hammurabi-esque eye for an eye view, or have some bloodlust for people to be executed. i just have no problem with handing it out in cases where its deserved. you don't see guys guilty of a standard first degree murder get death penalties and such.

i'm just not a fan of the life in prison thing either, particularly life without parole.

pgardn
07-26-2014, 08:04 AM
Society: Torturing and then killing is an abominable act. Killing is the worst kind of act.

Solution: So if you torture and kill, we will act in an abominable way.

Besides all the practicalities and law, at its heart, it is a bit strange. Europeans find us odd for our thought process.
Then the range of reasons individual States and Juries deal out the penalty is hugely inconsistent.
So there's that...

Fabbs
07-26-2014, 10:00 PM
an Arizona man smiles at his victims family as he was being executed.
Is the smiling part in another article? I did not see it in the CNN link.

RandomGuy
08-26-2014, 04:52 PM
I was originally going to post this story, an Arizona man smiles at his victims family as he was being executed. The execution went wrong and it took him 2 hours to die as he gasped for air. Now people are outraged and looking to prevent this from ever happening again.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/23/justice/arizona-execution-controversy/

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/140723185329-joseph-wood-mug-left-tease.jpg

Can someone explain to me how the fuck people are so sensitive to these scum bags not being eaten by lions and instead want them to be loved and hugged for life? Please explain to me the retarded theory behind this?

For one thing, some of these people really are guilty, and scumbags, and I would happily put a bullet in their brain myself.

That said, let's expand our look a bit beyond the outrage de jour:

DNA evidence has freed a lot of people on death row, very conclusively showing that the legal system is flawed.

Are you comfortable with giving the government power to kill people for crimes they didn't commit? If so, what percent of "innocent" executions are you comfortable with?

Also, the cost studies are such that death sentences cost a LOT of money to carry out, far more than simply locking people up and throwing away the key. I can provide data on that if you wish, it is not hard to find, you can look it up yourself.

I personally don't think the government, especially state and local prosecutors should have that much power, especially given that once you kill someone, you can't take it back.

TheSanityAnnex
08-26-2014, 05:11 PM
For one thing, some of these people really are guilty, and scumbags, and I would happily put a bullet in their brain myself.

Would you obtain your gun through the gun show loophole?

DD
08-26-2014, 06:22 PM

:rollin

RandomGuy
08-28-2014, 11:12 AM

Well played, sir, well played.