PDA

View Full Version : Foundational Falshoods of Creationism

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RD2191
07-31-2014, 06:23 PM
What part of GODS CHOSEN PEOPLE AGAINST HIS ENEMIES DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND? DID YOU KNOW THAT JOSHUA FAILED THE FIRST TIME HE ATTACKED AI BECAUSE HIS PEOPLE HAD DONE THINGS WRONG AND WERE NOT LOOKED UPON BY GOD? Geez man.

RandomGuy
07-31-2014, 06:25 PM
The Bible does not have logical flaws.

RB3g6mXLEKk

RD2191
07-31-2014, 06:26 PM
No contradictions, keep making as ass of yourself though.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 06:26 PM
:lolYoutube vids. Keep it going.

RandomGuy
07-31-2014, 06:27 PM
What part of GODS CHOSEN PEOPLE AGAINST HIS ENEMIES DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND? DID YOU KNOW THAT JOSHUA FAILED THE FIRST TIME HE ATTACKED AI BECAUSE HIS PEOPLE HAD DONE THINGS WRONG AND WERE NOT LOOKED UPON BY GOD? Geez man.

Is hacking babies to death evil?

Notice I am not even asking you if you would do it. Just if you think it is evil.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 06:28 PM
I already answered your question, the answer is at the time and given the situation, no.

RandomGuy
07-31-2014, 06:28 PM
I read the bible plenty.

Maybe you can answer this one:

There are quite a few instances where Yahweh orders the wholesale slaughter of towns.

Joshua 8:1-29
Joshua 6:20-21
Judges 20:48
Exodus 32:26-29

Etc, etc.

If you were ordered by the Lord to hack children to death, would you do it?
[first time question was asked-RG]
Remember:
You can't know God's plan, He could ask this of you tomorrow.

I doubt God would ask of me to murder children. And you're reading with an agenda. You aren't looking for answers. You're looking to find things that are wrong or flawed in your eyes. Those were different times and different sets of laws and different circumstances.

No one knows God's plan.

God commanded others to kill in His name.

You can't know that. Doubt all you want.

The question would remain. If God commanded you to kill children, would you?
second time question was asked-RG]

Really? Really? LOL, and you claim to read the Bible.

Not really an answer to the question.

That is the second or third time you have dodged it.

If God commanded you to kill children, would you?
[third time question was asked-RG]
You can't or won't answer it, and that should tell you something about your belief system.

It won't go away. Yes or no?

Because you are stupid and clearly do not read the Bible. God's plan is very clear in the Bible.

He wouldn't ask me that. Why would I answer a question I know God wouldn't ask me.

You really are an idiot. You do realize that in most cases you referred to were instances of war in a very different time and era.

I am an idiot, but you, who are smarter than I am, cannot answer a simple yes or no question that my childern could easily answer, were I to ask them.

I gon't give a flying fuck what the time or era was, I would say hacking 2 year olds to death with swords is immoral.

You however, have to make that excuse, because you think the God you believe in is some source of morals.

Let's put it this way then, since you aren't being intellectually honest. I can give you some more rope. For the fourth time.

If you were a soldier in Moses' army, would you have hacked infants to death? Would you have thought it moral then, since God commanded it?

God wouldn't ask me that so that is my answer.

You're right. God would command you.

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

All the inhabitants. Men, women, toddlers and babies.

1) If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.' (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)

More killing children directly commanded by the Lord you worship.

Of course the Lord is not content with having others kill for him. Sometimes he actively decides to massacre children.

If even then you remain hostile toward me and refuse to obey, I will inflict you with seven more disasters for your sins. I will release wild animals that will kill your children and destroy your cattle, so your numbers will dwindle and your roads will be deserted. (Leviticus 26:21-22 NLT)

It goes on...

The Bible God did command to kill, and killed a lot. So we can throw aside the "he wouldn't" because "he did", IF the Bible is true, as you think it is.

So, your excuse is to claim that you KNOW the mind of GOD, who created the universe.

The question remains. Fifth time.

If God had commanded you to hack children to death, if you had been there, worshiping the same God you do now, would you have?

:lolRG is stupid, there is no way around that. .

Your knowledge on the Bible is terrible.

At this point, I think it is safe to say;

Yes, Rob would hack children to death, and he thinks it is perfectly moral.

Feel free to contradict me.

RandomGuy
07-31-2014, 06:29 PM
I already answered your question, the answer is at the time and given the situation, no.

So there are times and situations where hacking babies to death IS moral. Thank you.

You are an evil piece of shit.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 06:30 PM
:lolok

RD2191
07-31-2014, 06:31 PM
wow, you sure put me in my place.

RandomGuy
07-31-2014, 06:31 PM
:lolok

At least we can all be clear about it now.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 06:33 PM
Yes, it is very clear that you are an idiot.

xmas1997
07-31-2014, 06:34 PM
What if it simply means that if you look inward and drop your opinions, theories, and what you think you know -

that truth will reveal itself?

Pretty simple - you asked = and you received.

Unless you are a judgmental prick who reads shit and needs someone to spoon feed him the truth even though his mind/heart/brain has been closed and shuttered all his life therefore making it impossible to ever allow truth in.

I think you may have missed this, but I know you are well versed on it and some on here are surprised how deep and introspective you truly are.

As most of us already know it is hard for someone to close off all the outside distractions in order to open ones mind to the truth, what with all the preconceived notions, programmed negativity, and ages of accepted teachings aside, in order to allow the truth to filter through the muck.

It is no wonder there are so many idiots on this site for example, it being a small microcosmic example of the macrocosm.

It is odd, my atheistic friends in real life have no problems with any of my theistic views, and the reverse is true as well, yet some fanatical atheists on here are highly offended to the point they HAVE to make fun of it.

What's up with that?

RandomGuy
07-31-2014, 06:36 PM
Yes, it is very clear that you are an idiot.

Calling me a boo-boo head won't make you less evil. Just more silly looking.

Added your post to my siggy, thanks.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 06:40 PM
:lolYou're an idiot. It is very clear to many here. You can't even comprehend what you're reading.

silverblk mystix
07-31-2014, 06:46 PM
No.

Now you can answer my question.

It is evil to hack babies to death or not?

So you do not think it is stupid to take things literally when they were not intended to be taken literally.

Ok.

Seems like we have pin-pointed your major problem here.

As for your idiotic question -

The world is perfect.

Evil only exists in the stupid human sleeping mind- take away human beings off the planet and the planet would go on in its perfect splendor.

Evil is a concept invented by sleeping stupid human beings. You can continue your blindness as long as you want - why do you need confirmation of YOUR idiotic judgement?

silverblk mystix
07-31-2014, 06:50 PM
I think you may have missed this, but I know you are well versed on it and some on here are surprised how deep and introspective you truly are.

As most of us already know it is hard for someone to close off all the outside distractions in order to open ones mind to the truth, what with all the preconceived notions, programmed negativity, and ages of accepted teachings aside, in order to allow the truth to filter through the muck.

It is no wonder there are so many idiots on this site for example, it being a small microcosmic example of the macrocosm.

It is odd, my atheistic friends in real life have no problems with any of my theistic views, and the reverse is true as well, yet some fanatical atheists on here are highly offended to the point they HAVE to make fun of it.

What's up with that?

Well, because they are idiots who were brainwashed by their jr college professors and never stopped to think that by labeling people "who believe" as "stupid" = they reduced themselves even lower - because aside from revealing their stupidity - they also revealed that they are also condescending, petty, judgmental, and still blind to truth because they swallowed their science "theories" whole and closed their tiny brains.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 06:51 PM
SBM destroying RG, nothing to see here folks.

RandomGuy
07-31-2014, 06:51 PM

I just want an answer. Pretty easy question.

Is it stupid to take things literally when they weren't meant to be literal?

Simple yes or no will suffice.

No.

The world is perfect.

Not really an answer.

It is a pretty easy question, I don't see why you are having such problems with it.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 06:53 PM
If God doesn't exist then this means in your mind that it never happened. So how can you claim that God is evil if he doesn't exist?

RD2191
07-31-2014, 06:54 PM
And why is murder wrong? In your eyes we are just animals are we not? Descendants of apes and such. Animals kill each other all the time. So why is it wrong?

RandomGuy
07-31-2014, 06:54 PM
If God doesn't exist then this means in your mind that it never happened. So how can you claim that God is evil if he doesn't exist?

http://giggl.in/out/images/1154789958_getoffthestageretard.jpg

I don't really bother with evil pieces of shit. Your "attention from RG" card is hereby revoked.

All the lame-ass trolling and name calling you can try isn't going to change that. Not on ignore, just decided you are a waste of time.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 06:55 PM
:lmaoCANT ANSWER THE QUESTION. ROFL WHAT PIECE OF SHIT.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 06:55 PM
And why is murder wrong? In your eyes we are just animals are we not? Descendants of apes and such. Animals kill each other all the time. So why is it wrong?

RD2191
07-31-2014, 06:56 PM
Getting destroyed, poor son of a bitch doesn't know what to do.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 06:59 PM
:wakeup

RD2191
07-31-2014, 06:59 PM

RD2191
07-31-2014, 07:04 PM
:lmaoStop being a bitch and answer my questions.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 07:05 PM
:cryMurder is wrong even though I believe in Evolution which means I'm an animal and even though animals kill each other all the time it is still wrong! :lmao

silverblk mystix
07-31-2014, 07:09 PM
Not really an answer.

It is a pretty easy question, I don't see why you are having such problems with it.

Gave you a real answer but it does not compute in your brain.

The planet existed before human beings arrived.

If a natural disaster happened and killed a bunch of creatures - it was just reality and it was just the planet doing what it does.

When human beings arrived - this same disaster - was "labeled" by stupid sleeping humans - as "a tragedy" "a shame" "a disaster" "a sad event"

"evil"

Yet - the planet and reality never changed - they went on as before - the only difference is that stupid humans invented labels like "evil"

So is it evil?

Depending on your level of stupidity - you can judge it and label it any which way you want - you do not need others to approve or disapprove of your stupidity.

It is your stupidity that is labeling an event anyway.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 07:15 PM
Do you eat meat RG? Isn't killing animals the same as killing babies in your eyes? I mean, we are all animals, aren't we?

spurraider21
07-31-2014, 07:24 PM
robdiaz2191 round 2?

:lol jk i'm probably good with that stuff for another month at least

johnsmith
07-31-2014, 07:29 PM
Reading SBM and Xmas jerk eachother off makes me wish I didn't believe in God...I may actively avoid church out of fear of becoming like them.

Xmas can't follow anyone correctly...at least SBM comprehends what people are saying.

silverblk mystix
07-31-2014, 07:36 PM
Reading SBM and Xmas jerk eachother off makes me wish I didn't believe in God...I may actively avoid church out of fear of becoming like them.

Xmas can't follow anyone correctly...at least SBM comprehends what people are saying.

So you believe in God -

but what is "god" ???

No one knows and no can can tell you - all they can do is point you to the opposite;

Fear. Ignorance.

Otherwise - we are all blind to this topic - therefore - the ones who condescend, the ones who "know"

the ones who ridicule - including you - are worse than the ones who are only "blind"

johnsmith
07-31-2014, 07:42 PM
So you believe in God -

but what is "god" ???

No one knows and no can can tell you - all they can do is point you to the opposite;

Fear. Ignorance.

Otherwise - we are all blind to this topic - therefore - the ones who condescend, the ones who "know"

the ones who ridicule - including you - are worse than the ones who are only "blind"

Someone please put this guys house back up on this site so he can focus on that instead.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 07:45 PM
robdiaz2191 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=42690) round 2?

:lol jk i'm probably good with that stuff for another month at least
:lol

silverblk mystix
07-31-2014, 07:56 PM
Someone please put this guys house back up on this site so he can focus on that instead.

lol

still waiting for you to confirm the gtg

see ya there!

xmas1997
07-31-2014, 08:00 PM
lol

still waiting for you to confirm the gtg

see ya there!

Have you noticed since I put him on ignore he can't stop talking about me?
I'm not in his head, am I?
:lmao

TeyshaBlue
07-31-2014, 08:55 PM
Thread's full of fake deep, tbh.

leemajors
07-31-2014, 08:57 PM

:tu

lakerhaterade
07-31-2014, 09:00 PM
Do you eat meat RG? Isn't killing animals the same as killing babies in your eyes? I mean, we are all animals, aren't we?
Random Goy and FuzzyLumpkins are typical liberalfags that push their agenda like good little minions. Don't waste your time on them.....

xmas1997
07-31-2014, 09:01 PM

:tu

Wake up, take off your blinders, or be left behind like the dinosaurs.

RandomGuy
07-31-2014, 09:09 PM

I just want an answer. Pretty easy question.

Is it stupid to take things literally when they weren't meant to be literal?

Simple yes or no will suffice.

No.

The world is perfect.

Not really an answer.

The planet existed before human beings arrived.

Again, not really an answer, more of a non sequitur.

Seems like an easy question for me, but you seem to be completely flummoxed.

Surely a towering intellect such as yourself can't have this much of a problem with something my eight year old can fathom for himself.

Yes or no.

Is it evil to hack babies to death?

RandomGuy
07-31-2014, 09:13 PM

Just kidding. Really I just wanted to watch a movie with my wife, but it was hilarious watching you post 8 times begging for my attention.

I have moved towards being a vegetarian, mostly because industrial meat production is fucking nasty. I don't really have a moral objection to eating tasty animals though.

Here is 26 minutes that is going way over your head.

cq2C7fyVTA4

Whatever you say, I will be able to know I am a vastly more moral person than you are. Troll away.

or man up and watch something dimly serious. Your call.

xmas1997
07-31-2014, 09:17 PM
You and I are in much agreement upstairs on the Spurs and on Kyle Anderson, but down here, there is no way anyone can condone what you are asking.
Why on earth would you or anyone else want to hack babies to death?
Yes, there is death going on in the world right now where babies are being blown up in the Middle East and Ukraine, but no one condones it.
Unfortunately they justify it as collateral damage.
Surely you aren't interpreting bible old testament stories literally, are you?

TeyshaBlue
07-31-2014, 09:22 PM
Wake up, take off your blinders, or be left behind like the dinosaurs.

Been awake for awhile. Never needed blinders and have none to be rid of. But, thanks for playing the role of enlightened noble. It makes me giggle.

TeyshaBlue
07-31-2014, 09:24 PM
Is it evil to hack babies to death?

Only liberabies™. :lol

TeyshaBlue
07-31-2014, 09:35 PM
Been awake for awhile. Never needed blinders and have none to be rid of. But, thanks for playing the role of enlightened noble. It makes me giggle.

Iow...if you have to tell someone how enlightened you are, you aren't.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 09:41 PM

xmas1997
07-31-2014, 09:41 PM
Iow...if you have to tell someone how enlightened your are, you aren't.

Seems to me those are your words, not mine.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 09:42 PM
Answer the question fuckface. Or admit that your a piece of shit that doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about.

TeyshaBlue
Thats me going fake deep.

RD2191
Why is killing people wrong if we are all animals?

RD2191
07-31-2014, 09:43 PM
:lolYoutube vids.

TeyshaBlue
07-31-2014, 09:43 PM
But it was your words describibg me as wearing blinders....so there ya go.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 09:44 PM
Answer

RD2191
07-31-2014, 09:45 PM
Answer

RD2191
07-31-2014, 09:45 PM
Answer

xmas1997
07-31-2014, 09:46 PM
Thats me going fake deep.

Still, you made the statement, not I.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 09:46 PM
Hurry up.

TeyshaBlue
07-31-2014, 09:47 PM
Not sure bout you rob, but I'm pretty sure we stand outside the animal camp.:lol

RD2191
07-31-2014, 09:47 PM
"I'm an enemy of religion."- Some bald fat guy on youtube. :lol

TeyshaBlue
07-31-2014, 09:48 PM
Still, you made the statement, not I.

Pretty sure I didnt suggest you take off any blinders nor characterize your position as prehistoric.....I mean if you really want to parse...there ya go.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 09:48 PM
Not sure bout you rob, but I'm pretty sure we stand outside the animal camp.:lol
How so? You evolved from an ape. You are an animal according to science and evolution.

TeyshaBlue
07-31-2014, 09:53 PM
So is a dog....doesnt make him a human

RD2191
07-31-2014, 09:54 PM
Why is murder wrong if we are all animals? Why can't RandomGuy answer the question?

TeyshaBlue
07-31-2014, 09:55 PM
Animals =/= humans?

xmas1997
07-31-2014, 09:56 PM
Pretty sure I didnt suggest you take off any blinders nor characterize your position as prehistoric.....I mean if you really want to parse...there ya go.

No, my statement pretty much stands on it's own, i.e. wake up, take your blinders off, or go the way of the dinosaurs.
I don't see my position as prehistoric, but it is a stretch to say we are enlightened at this point in our evolution IMHO.
In another thread I said I hoped we were steadily and slowly progressing toward an age of enlightenment especially regarding racial bigotry, but that is a separate issue.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 09:57 PM
Animals =/= humans?
According to evolution, yes.

TeyshaBlue
07-31-2014, 09:58 PM
No, my statement pretty much stands on it's own, i.e. wake up, take your blinders off, or go the way of the dinosaurs.
I don't see my position as prehistoric, but it is a stretch to say we are enlightened at this point in our evolution IMHO.
In another thread I said I hoped we were steadily and slowly progressing toward an age of enlightenment especially regarding racial bigotry, but that is a separate issue.

Then I totally mistook your statement. My bad and retraction.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 09:58 PM
We all evolved from the same things, so what makes our lives more valuable than that of a fish?

TeyshaBlue
07-31-2014, 10:01 PM
We possess the ability to hold opposing viewpoints simultaneously in addition to temporal awareness...these are two of the deliniators between humans and animals.... (the lesser animals perhaps?)

RD2191
07-31-2014, 10:03 PM
Well, human is just a step in evolution, is it not? Just because other animals haven't caught up means our lives are worth more?

RD2191
07-31-2014, 10:03 PM
RG answer my questions please.

TeyshaBlue
07-31-2014, 10:04 PM
Well, human is just a step in evolution, is it not? Just because other animals haven't caught up means our lives are worth more?

Of course it does.

TeyshaBlue
07-31-2014, 10:05 PM
We crossed that bridge millenia ago....been raising and eating animals ever since.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 10:05 PM
Of course it does.
Says who?

TeyshaBlue
07-31-2014, 10:06 PM
Tasty, tasty animals.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 10:06 PM
But why is your life more valuable than that of any other animal?

TeyshaBlue
07-31-2014, 10:07 PM
Says who?

I think humans as a whole say so.

TeyshaBlue
07-31-2014, 10:07 PM
But why is your life more valuable than that of any other animal?

Sentience for starters.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 10:08 PM
I think humans as a whole say so.
How did humans come to that conclusion?

xmas1997
We possess the ability to hold opposing viewpoints simultaneously in addition to temporal awareness...these are two of the deliniators between humans and animals.... (the lesser animals perhaps?)

This is true, we can love someone even though that person may be a very bad person, and we are aware that we are doing so.

TeyshaBlue
Thats the hubris of the top of the evolutionary pile tbh.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 10:09 PM
RG answer my questions please.

TeyshaBlue
How did humans come to that conclusion?

See: sentience.

HI-FI
robdiaz has been taking his game to the next level lately.

TeyshaBlue
07-31-2014, 10:10 PM
Im thoroughly enjoying the discussion, rob.

xmas1997
07-31-2014, 10:11 PM
Sentience for starters.

Speaking of sentience, how do we know for sure that other animals do not possess a limited amount of sentience.
What if they do, but we are not aware enough to realize it?

RD2191
Animals feel pain just as we do. So why is it okay to kill an animal and not a human?

TE
robdiaz has been taking his game to the next level lately.
Yup...and the guy wasn't even in the POTM. He deserves it tbh.

TeyshaBlue
07-31-2014, 10:12 PM
Speaking of sentience, how do we know for sure that other animals do not possess a limited amount of sentience.
What if they do, but we are not aware enough to realize it?

Ive often wondered that myself.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 10:13 PM

Shastafarian
07-31-2014, 10:14 PM
Some animals do have some limited amount of sentience. Most notably apes, elephants, and some species of birds. God must be one fucked up looking creature.

TeyshaBlue
07-31-2014, 10:15 PM
Animals feel pain just as we do. So why is it okay to kill an animal and not a human?
Thats a value judgement sentients make everytime they order a burger. Also, see humanitarianism. Anthromorphizing a cow is dicey at best.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 10:15 PM
:lolRG bolted. Isn't even sure of his own beliefs. What a clown.

TeyshaBlue
07-31-2014, 10:16 PM
Not sur bout speling. :lol

RD2191
07-31-2014, 10:17 PM
In b4 RG Youtube vid.

xmas1997
07-31-2014, 10:18 PM
Sentience may be just a matter of degrees. Other animals such as dogs for example may be aware of their surroundings, they feel, taste, smell, etc, but they are allso better capable than us in certain areas. Dogs seem to know when an epileptic is going to have a fit before the human does.
Some animals can sense earthquakes before they occur.
Why is that?
Why can't humans do this?
So who are we to say that's what makes us the top of the animal kingdom, our ability to be sentient, or self aware?

spurraider21
07-31-2014, 10:20 PM
because we're higher on the food chainPERIOD

TeyshaBlue
07-31-2014, 10:21 PM
Sentience may be just a matter of degrees. Other animals such as dogs for example may be aware of their surroundings, they feel, taste, smell, etc, but they are allso better capable than us in certain areas. Dogs seem to know when an epileptic is going to have a fit before the human does.
Some animals can sense earthquakes before they occur.
Why is that?
Why can't humans do this?
So who are we to say that whats makes us the top of the animal kingdom is our ability to be sentient, or self aware?

When a dog signs my paycheck I'll give up the throne of sentience. :lol

spurraider21
07-31-2014, 10:21 PM
In b4 RG Youtube vid.
:lol laughing off youtube vids when he posts book quotes

RD2191
07-31-2014, 10:22 PM
That doesn't matter. I'm asking why it's okay to kill an animal but not a human? According to science, humans are animals.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 10:22 PM
:lol laughing off youtube vids when he posts book quotes
You mean the Bible? The book where I get all of my beliefs from?

Shastafarian
07-31-2014, 10:23 PM
Define "okay"

RD2191
And these questions are for RandomGuy. Even though he ran off like a little girl.

xmas1997
When a dog signs my paycheck I'll give up the throne of sentience. :lol

Good answer.

When a dog cooks me dinner, I will.

spurraider21
07-31-2014, 10:25 PM
You mean the Bible? The book where I get all of my beliefs from?
i thought you were claiming not to be christian?

TE
07-31-2014, 10:25 PM
This is the point where words are distorted and asked to be "defined".

check

RD2191
07-31-2014, 10:26 PM
This is the point where words are distorted and asked to be "defined".

check

xmas1997
And these questions are for RandomGuy. Even though he ran off like a little girl.

RG gave up the ghost, at least in this thread.

Shastafarian
No I'm just trying to cut through the bullshit to follow. Morally ok? Ok based on what? It's a vague term.

RD2191
So if humans aren't animals then what are we?

spurraider21
07-31-2014, 10:28 PM
humans absolutely are animals... :lol not sure where this question arose

RD2191
07-31-2014, 10:29 PM
So then why is it okay to kill an animal but not a human?

Shastafarian
07-31-2014, 10:29 PM
Humans are in the kingdom Animalia so yes by that definition we are animals.

Shastafarian
07-31-2014, 10:31 PM
Waiting for you to tell me what your word "okay" means. With respect to a person's beliefs? Societal beliefs? Religious?

spurraider21
because we're higher on the food chain and thats how nature works. eat or be eaten. there is no "ok"... heck morals are all just manmade ideas and dont really exist in nature.

Shastafarian
I can see why RG gave up :lol

HI-FI
co-signed.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 10:32 PM
So how can RG claim something is evil if it doesn't exist?

xmas1997

When you get right down to it, it probably isn't okay to kill animals, but then that means I would have to give up a good steak.
I really like a good steak, and I love bacon too.
So please, don't spoil it for me, I prefer to live in ignorance when it comes to that :lol

RD2191
I can see why RG gave up :lolBecause she is not sure of her beliefs.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 10:33 PM
because we're higher on the food chain and thats how nature works. eat or be eaten. there is no "ok"... heck morals are all just manmade ideas and dont really exist in nature.
So its okay to kill a human in your eyes?

RandomGuy
07-31-2014, 10:34 PM
You and I are in much agreement upstairs on the Spurs and on Kyle Anderson, but down here, there is no way anyone can condone what you are asking.
Why on earth would you or anyone else want to hack babies to death?

Why on earth indeed. It is a horrible, evil thing to do. It was evil thousands of years ago, and is evil today.

Shastafarian
Because she is not sure of her beliefs.

Whatever you have to tell yourself

spurraider21
i wouldn't under most circumstances. if i have reason to, i would

RD2191
07-31-2014, 10:35 PM
RG said I was evil because I said it was okay for Gods people to "murder" children under certain circumstances. How can I be evil if evil doesn't exist?

xmas1997
07-31-2014, 10:35 PM

In self defense, or if you are protecting your loved ones from being killed by that human, yes, it is okay to kill that human IMHO.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 10:36 PM
i wouldn't under most circumstances. if i have reason to, i would
So in RG's eyes you are evil.

Shastafarian
Why on earth indeed. It is a horrible, evil thing to do. It was evil thousands of years ago, and is evil today.

How about tying your son to a rock to sacrifice him?

RandomGuy
RG gave up the ghost, at least in this thread.

or shit, I went and finished watching monument men. One or the other. Guess which.

Or maybe I will sleep and "leave the idiots on the internet alone". Love the wife's turn of phrase at times. heh

RD2191
07-31-2014, 10:37 PM
Why it evil to kill a human but not an animal RG? People all over the world kill animals to eat every day. So in your eyes anyone who eats meat is evil?

spurraider21
07-31-2014, 10:37 PM
So in RG's eyes you are evil.
sucks for him... but as they say in planet of the apes "Ape shall not kill ape"

its not that humans "aren't animals" its that animals of the same species dont kill each other nearly as frequently as humans do. some do when they are territorial (and come to think of it, thats the same reason most humans do). Bees attack other beehives all the time.

there is nothing inherently wrong with killing humans at its most fundamental level, but an environment where that sort of action is unrestricted isn't the best for humans to live in (anarchy). if you've read Hobbes or Rousseau its pretty well laid out

Shastafarian
07-31-2014, 10:38 PM
or shit, I went and finished watching monument men.

Any good? Heard it was mediocre.

Shastafarian
07-31-2014, 10:39 PM
Is it okay to kill another human if god tells me to?

RandomGuy
07-31-2014, 10:39 PM
Answer the question fuckface. Or admit that your a piece of shit that doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about.

You really should clarify who you are talking to, if you are going to throw a tantrum. Sheesh.

And if you want someone to answer a question, you might want to, you know, actually ask one.

RandomGuy
07-31-2014, 10:40 PM
Is it okay to kill another human if god tells me to?

Some people think so.

RD2191
I asked you multiple questions, pussy. Don't act dumb.

xmas1997

It is "okay" :lol I was hoping it would be better, but it has an interesting premise and I think based somewhat on a true story.

Shastafarian
Wait wait wait, only if the right god tells me to.

RandomGuy
07-31-2014, 10:41 PM

Monument men was worth a 2 dollar redbox rental.

Good story, fairly well written, well acted. 6.5 out of ten. Pacing seemed a bit stilted, but all in all worth seeing.

Shastafarian
It is "okay" :lol

touché

RD2191

RandomGuy
07-31-2014, 10:42 PM
I asked you multiple questions, pussy. Don't act dumb.

Sum it up Einstein, I gotta work tomorrow, and get up early.

I have time for one question. Point away at the one you want me to answer.

xmas1997
07-31-2014, 10:42 PM
The radical and fanatical elements of Islam think it is okay to kill innocent humans no matter what their age and even themselves, all in the name of God.
Go figure.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 10:43 PM
Answer all of them. Hurry up.

Shastafarian
07-31-2014, 10:43 PM
Monument men was worth a 2 dollar redbox rental.

Good story, fairly well written, well acted. 6.5 out of ten. Pacing seemed a bit stilted, but all in all worth seeing.

Thanks. I rented the second hobbit movie and hated it. Need some more options.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 10:44 PM

RD2191
07-31-2014, 10:45 PM
Answer it.

xmas1997
07-31-2014, 10:46 PM
How about tying your son to a rock to sacrifice him?

You are not back to literal translations of the bible Old Testament, are you?

RandomGuy
07-31-2014, 10:48 PM
Why it evil to kill a human but not an animal RG? People all over the world kill animals to eat every day. So in your eyes anyone who eats meat is evil?

ah nevermind. I found the one you are alluding to.

Depends. I could show you some animals being killed in pretty evil ways, yes.

I am a humanist.

If you want your stomach churned, the internet is full of rather nasty things.

Biology insists I have to kill to live. I don't view killing animals as inherently evil.

Killing some humans isn't entirely evil either. I can think of humans I would personally strangle with my bare hands if I could. Mostly people who are nasty to kids in ways I would spare even you from reading.

Did you watch the video?

cq2C7fyVTA4

It really does sum up how you form your morals.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 10:49 PM
:lmaoSame vid, gtfo queer.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 10:50 PM
So killing in context and under certain circumstances is okay? Got it, thank you and good day.

RandomGuy
and on that, good night rob.

I really do hope you rethink your commitment to giving excuses for child murder.

RD2191
So killing in context and under certain circumstances is okay? Got it, thank you and good day.

RD2191
:sleepToo easy.

Shastafarian
07-31-2014, 10:51 PM
I don't get it. What exactly did you prove?

RD2191
07-31-2014, 10:52 PM
I don't get it. What exactly did you prove?
yeah, wtf is RG talking about

RandomGuy
07-31-2014, 10:53 PM

Killing infants is not really ok under any context I can think of.

This is called a strawman fallacy, in which the actual position of someone is ignored and a distorted version is substituted.

The context given in the bible you seem fond of is not sufficient for the slaughter. Just because someone doesn't worship some deity or another, seems pretty evil to me.

Stop reading it with an agenda and you would see that.

now... really truly... night.

Shastafarian
yeah, wtf is RG talking about

What did you prove with him answering as he did?

spurraider21
never post a 27 minute video and tell people to watch it during an argument tbh :lol

RD2191
07-31-2014, 10:54 PM
Killing infants is not really ok under any context I can think of.

This is called a strawman fallacy, in which the actual position of someone is ignored and a distorted version is substituted.

The context given in the bible you seem fond of is not sufficient for the slaughter. Just because someone doesn't worship some deity or another, seems pretty evil to me.

Stop reading it with an agenda and you would see that.

now... really truly... night.
Why is an animal killing another animal evil? Answer the question.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 10:54 PM
atheists and their "strawman":lol

RD2191
07-31-2014, 10:55 PM
Its amazing how many different ways a person can dodge a question.

Shastafarian
07-31-2014, 10:56 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, but do you have a learning disability?

RD2191
07-31-2014, 10:56 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, but do you have a learning disability?

RD2191
07-31-2014, 11:01 PM
ah nevermind. I found the one you are alluding to.

Depends. I could show you some animals being killed in pretty evil ways, yes.

I am a humanist.

If you want your stomach churned, the internet is full of rather nasty things.

Biology insists I have to kill to live. I don't view killing animals as inherently evil.

Killing some humans isn't entirely evil either. I can think of humans I would personally strangle with my bare hands if I could. Mostly people who are nasty to kids in ways I would spare even you from reading.

Did you watch the video?

cq2C7fyVTA4

It really does sum up how you form your morals.
Biology is evil.

xmas1997
Some men say the bible is the inspired Word of God and thus cannot be wrong, while others say it is infallible as well.
I think it can easily be the inspired Word of God, but I draw the line at infallibility.
Why? Because men put it together, men interpret it, some men want to interpret it literally, men translated it into other languages, plus men had selfish agendas and sought control, and IMHO they left out a bunch of books that should have been in it which were recently discovered in various sites like the Dead Sea Scrolls, and others.
Yet I think the writings could indeed still be inspired, but incomplete and were never meant to be interpreted literally.
And lets not forget, it was men who made the claim it was inspired and infallible.
Also if the bible is inspired, there is nothing to say it is the only inspired Word of God, and more than likely there are.

silverblk mystix
Rob doing work....

again.

:toast

RD2191
So does anyone think RG answered the question?

RD2191
07-31-2014, 11:02 PM
Rob doing work....

again.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 11:03 PM
RandomGuy logic, God is evil because he ordered his followers to kill. Yet killing is necessary for our survival as a species. :lol

silverblk mystix
07-31-2014, 11:04 PM
So does anyone think RG answered the question?

He answered my question - whether it was stupid to take things literally - when they weren't meant to be literal.

He said NO - it isn't stupid - confirming that yes - he is stupid.

Shastafarian
07-31-2014, 11:05 PM
I think he explained his beliefs pretty well.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 11:05 PM
He answered my question - whether it was stupid to take things literally - when they weren't meant to be literal.

He said NO - it isn't stupid - confirming that yes - he is stupid.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 11:07 PM
I think he explained his beliefs pretty well.
His beliefs are that God is evil for ordering his people to kill for survival. Yet he claims that Biology insists humans must kill in order to survive. So by his logic all humans are evil.

Shastafarian
07-31-2014, 11:11 PM
His beliefs are that God is evil for ordering his people to kill for survival. Pretty sure that's not what he said.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 11:12 PM
Pretty sure that's not what he said.
That's exactly what he's been saying.

Shastafarian
07-31-2014, 11:15 PM
Can you show me where he said God is evil for ordering his people to kill for their survival?

RD2191
07-31-2014, 11:16 PM
Can you show me where he said God is evil for ordering his people to kill for their survival?
go back and look for it.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 11:18 PM
What the hell do you think we've been arguing about this whole time?

Shastafarian
07-31-2014, 11:20 PM
Don't see it. I see where he said god was evil for ordering the killing of babies. Surely you don't think killing babies = killing for survival.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 11:21 PM
It was for their survival.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 11:22 PM
And even so, according to RG, we are all animals. So why is God evil for ordering the killing of animals?

Shastafarian
07-31-2014, 11:22 PM
So I can quote you on that? You'd kill a baby?

RD2191
07-31-2014, 11:24 PM
Who said I would kill a baby? :lolAll you faggots are the same.

RD2191
And even so, according to RG, we are all animals. So why is God evil for ordering the killing of animals?

Shastafarian
Who said I would kill a baby? :lolAll you faggots are the same.

So it's not "okay" to kill a baby? Make up your mind.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 11:25 PM
Who said I would kill a baby?

RD2191
07-31-2014, 11:26 PM
Answer my question.

RD2191
Answer it.

Shastafarian
If it meant your survival (somehow, not sure how killing babies is a matter of life and death for adults) you implied killing babies was "okay".

RD2191
07-31-2014, 11:27 PM
Answer my question please.

Shastafarian
07-31-2014, 11:28 PM
I don't believe in god so I can't answer your question. The term "evil" is also something I rarely if ever use. It's a vague term that usually just means opposite of good. These are terms we apply meaning to and therefore everyone has different meanings of those words. Since you won't even define "okay" I'm not even going to attempt to get a proper meaning for evil or good.

Shastafarian
07-31-2014, 11:28 PM
Now answer mine.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 11:30 PM
If you don't believe in God then you believe we are animals. How can an animal be evil for killing another animal? So the entire world is evil?

RD2191
07-31-2014, 11:30 PM
So then what is good and what is bad?

Shastafarian
07-31-2014, 11:31 PM
Your turn to answer mine: When is killing babies okay?

RD2191
07-31-2014, 11:32 PM
Why is it wrong? Just an animal in your eyes, correct?

Wild Cobra
07-31-2014, 11:32 PM
Your turn to answer mine: When is killing babies okay?
Ask any lefty.

When it's renamed abortion.

Shastafarian
07-31-2014, 11:33 PM
When is killing babies okay?

RD2191
07-31-2014, 11:33 PM
Why is it wrong? Just an animal in your eyes, correct?

RD2191
07-31-2014, 11:34 PM
So that's 2 people that can't answer my question. atheists:lol

Shastafarian
07-31-2014, 11:34 PM
I answered your question. Why can't you answer mine? This is why RG stopped talking to you. You want a one-sided conversation. Like him, I'm not interested in that.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 11:35 PM
I answered his questions many times.

Shastafarian
So answer mine.

xmas1997
Good night fellows, until tomorrow.
Great thread by the way.

RD2191
07-31-2014, 11:36 PM
Why can't you or RG answer my question?

Shastafarian
07-31-2014, 11:42 PM
Why can't you or RG answer my question?
Humans may be in the kingdom Animalia but we possess unique characteristics that have evolved over countless generations that have made us aware of life, death, the universe, etc. Sentience, and merely the promise of future sentience in the case of infants, is enough to differentiate humans from most other animals. Therefore over generations we have developed an innate sense of self and difference from other "animals". Add in that babies are defenseless (which you can't say for many animals) and it's pretty clear why it's morally wrong to kill babies. Technically, as others have stated, there is no "evil" in killing. It is our perception of the act and our awareness of what we do that makes it "wrong". Also the awareness of others and their perceptions play a role but ultimately, in a vacuum, our own minds decide what is wrong and right.

But you implied that is not always case. I'd like to know when it's ok to kill babies.

Shastafarian
07-31-2014, 11:43 PM
Now answer mine

RD2191
07-31-2014, 11:43 PM
I don't care about any of that. In your eyes are still animals. Why is evil for an animal to kill another animal?

RD2191
07-31-2014, 11:44 PM
Animals that we kill to eat feel pain, why is their pain different than that of a humans?

RD2191
07-31-2014, 11:45 PM
You don't even know what you believe.

Shastafarian
07-31-2014, 11:47 PM
Now answer mine

RD2191
07-31-2014, 11:47 PM
Now answer mine
Is an animal killing another animal okay? yes.

Shastafarian
07-31-2014, 11:48 PM
So you think killing babies is "okay". Thanks

Shastafarian
07-31-2014, 11:49 PM
Wait so killing babies is acceptable for any reason? Even when it's not for your survival?

RD2191
A baby is an animal in your eyes isn't it?

RD2191
You think killing animals is evil?

Shastafarian
07-31-2014, 11:55 PM
Humans are in the kingdom Animalia. If you don't know what that means I can send you to the wikipedia page that explains it. I don't think animals killing other animals is "evil". I think killing is something that I would personally do only if it meant my own survival resulted from said action. And even then I would say that wouldn't always be the case. You should look up the term altruism as it relates to survival.

As far as eating meat goes I do eat meat. I don't like how my food meets its demise but in that area I recognize my hypocrisy. It is in a manner of speaking, for my survival.

Can't wait for you to misinterpret or twist my words...

Shastafarian
07-31-2014, 11:55 PM
WHEN is killing babies acceptable in your view?

RD2191
07-31-2014, 11:58 PM
There is no in between here. You believe humans are animals. Just a more evolved animal. What's the difference between a baby and a dog in your eyes? How is it evil to kill a baby but not a dog? Both feel pain do they not? If you claim killing babies is evil then you are also evil for killing and eating other animals. It's that simple.

Shastafarian
07-31-2014, 11:58 PM
WHEN is killing babies acceptable in your view?

RD2191
07-31-2014, 11:59 PM
There is no in between here. You believe humans are animals. Just a more evolved animal. What's the difference between a baby and a dog in your eyes? How is it evil to kill a baby but not a dog? Both feel pain do they not? If you claim killing babies is evil then you are also evil for killing and eating other animals. It's that simple.

Shastafarian
08-01-2014, 12:00 AM
Sorry I'm not going to continue to answer your questions while you ignore mine.

RD2191
08-01-2014, 12:01 AM
I already answered your question.

spurraider21
08-01-2014, 12:02 AM
So that's 2 people that can't answer my question. atheists:lol
i answered it :wakeup

although it depends how you define atheist... i dont believe in god. some people claim that god does not exist. imo those are 2 different things

RD2191
08-01-2014, 12:02 AM
i answered it :wakeup

Shastafarian
08-01-2014, 12:03 AM
Is an animal killing another animal okay? yes.

lol This is the only answer you gave so I must assume you think it's always ok to kill babies. Holy shit man that's fucked up.

RD2191
08-01-2014, 12:03 AM
Why are you holding the life of an animal to a higher standard than that of another animal?

RD2191
08-01-2014, 12:04 AM
lol This is the only answer you gave so I must assume you think it's always ok to kill babies. Holy shit man that's fucked up.
So humans aren't animals?

spurraider21
08-01-2014, 12:04 AM
:lol game over atheists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZFG5PKw504

RD2191
08-01-2014, 12:05 AM

Your move, shasta.

RD2191
Why are you holding the life of an animal to a higher standard than that of another animal?

RD2191
So humans aren't animals?

Shastafarian
There is no in between here.A good way to start.

You believe humans are animals. Just a more evolved animal. correct

What's the difference between a baby and a dog in your eyes? Quite a lot. Different orders for one.

How is it evil to kill a baby but not a dog? Already answered this on the previous page

Both feel pain do they not? Wait when did pain enter into this? I can kill any type of animal without pain. Does that change things for you?

If you claim killing babies is evil then you are also evil for killing and eating other animals. It's that simple.Never said anything was evil. See this is why I asked if you had learning disability. And it's not that simple. Just because you think it is, doesn't mean it is.

RD2191
08-01-2014, 12:06 AM
So then why is it wrong to kill babies?

Shastafarian
08-01-2014, 12:07 AM
So then why is it wrong to kill babies?

Already answered on the previous page.

RD2191
08-01-2014, 12:08 AM
All you're saying is that killing is neither good or bad. Are you the one with a learning disability?

RD2191
08-01-2014, 12:09 AM
Are you saying animals are not aware of life and death?:lol

RD2191
08-01-2014, 12:10 AM
And it doesn't really matter what we are aware of. You claim than humans are animals. So once again, what is wrong with an animal killing another animal?

Shastafarian
08-01-2014, 12:10 AM

:rollin

Rob did you actually watch that and agree with it?

spurraider21
08-01-2014, 12:13 AM
did god create peanut butter in his own image?

http://www.quinntastic.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/mr-peanut.jpg

RD2191
08-01-2014, 12:14 AM
did god create peanut butter in his own image?

http://www.quinntastic.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/mr-peanut.jpg
If I have to school you again with the banana I will.

Shastafarian
08-01-2014, 12:15 AM
All you're saying is that killing is neither good or bad. Are you the one with a learning disability?
Not really. Try to stay with me. I'm saying those words only have meanings we place on them. My perception of good is different from yours (baby killer). I kid. But these words have dynamic meanings in relation to the same action in the sense that killing in one instance might be seen as "good" (eg killing a mass murderer) or "bad" (killing a baby you sick fuck). It's quite the opposite of a learning disability honestly. You not following it kind of points to you being slow on the uptake...or disingenuous. Take your pick.

Are you saying animals are not aware of life and death?:lolI don't claim to know what animals are aware of. But I don't think they have a concept of life and death as we do no. That being said, there are very intelligent animals that may actually have some concept of self or life. More research into that needs to be done before I can have an educated opinion on it.

And it doesn't really matter what we are aware of.:lol what?

You claim than humans are animals. So once again, what is wrong with an animal killing another animal?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal

RD2191
08-01-2014, 12:17 AM
Once again, in your eyes humans are animals. Why is it wrong to kill a baby animal?

Shastafarian
08-01-2014, 12:18 AM
So you do have a learning disability. My bad.

RD2191
My questions are fairly simple yet you can't provide a clear answer.

RD2191
Once again, in your eyes humans are animals. Why is it wrong to kill a baby animal?