PDA

View Full Version : Greatest ever get excited in meeting Errors

100%duncan
07-24-2014, 03:00 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t1.0-9/10557373_10154410350765650_2580080019156286065_n.j pg

"This morning at my hotel I met Jeff Ayres from the San Antonio Spurs at breakfast!"

FkLA
07-24-2014, 03:19 AM
who's the white guy ?

100%duncan
07-24-2014, 04:10 AM
^The GOAT of MMA tbh.

Robz4000
07-24-2014, 04:16 AM
^The GOAT of MMA tbh.

That's not Anderson Silva tbh.

100%duncan
07-24-2014, 04:23 AM
That's not Anderson Silva tbh.

Who won his last fight?

Tee hee

testies
07-24-2014, 04:50 AM
gsp looks fat

Jenks
07-24-2014, 09:35 PM
^The GOAT of MMA tbh.
Bas Rutten's lookin pretty spry

chazley
07-25-2014, 12:09 AM
Played with Georges St. Pierre in the WSOP Main Event last year, cool dude, bad poker player.

hater
07-25-2014, 12:39 AM
who's the midget tbh?

ezau
07-25-2014, 03:38 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t1.0-9/10557373_10154410350765650_2580080019156286065_n.j pg

"This morning at my hotel I met Jeff Ayres from the San Antonio Spurs at breakfast!"

More like greatest white fighter ever, :lol

thiste
07-25-2014, 06:07 AM
More like greatest white fighter ever, :lol

http://halestormsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Fedor.jpg

ezau
07-25-2014, 06:38 AM

Good point, tbh.

dorrrr
07-25-2014, 06:49 AM
Fedor>silva>gsp

100%duncan
07-25-2014, 08:19 AM
Silva :lol the most overrated fuck in MMA. Weakass division

SupremeGuy
07-25-2014, 09:03 AM
That's not Fedor tbh.fify

Oh, Gee!!
07-25-2014, 02:04 PM
Jeff Errors?

spurraider21
07-25-2014, 02:11 PM
Silva :lol the most overrated fuck in MMA. Weakass division
he moved up and embarrassed the former light heavy champ tbh. i have no problems with silva, though age caught up with him. Sonnen exposed him and Weidman ended him.

if anything Fedor was over-glorified. Pride was a fucking scam and he faced a ton of shitty, no-named fighters. he sucked in strikeforce when he actually had solid competition. he is glorified for beating overrated fucks like Cro-cop (who was exposed as garbage in the UFC) as well as minotauro, who was exposed in the UFC after becoming a legend in Pride. pride is a joke and nobody that became famous there should be taken seriously

GSP and Silva have been the 2 most dominant fighters of the past decade since MMA blew up along with UFC. Jon Jones is working his way to be on that list

SupremeGuy
07-25-2014, 03:00 PM
Forrest fucking Griffin. :lmao

The argument for either GSP or Silva is laughable when compared to Fedor's dominance. I don't think we'll ever see a champion fed perfect matchups like the way Dana fed Silva ever again, and GSP? That faggot Canadian got knocked the fuck out in his prime by Matt Serra. Oh my God, go back to sherdog.

Frank Dux
07-25-2014, 03:58 PM
gsp looks fat

He says he's been adding 10-15 pounds of muscle during his break from competition.

spurraider21
07-25-2014, 04:35 PM
Forrest fucking Griffin. :lmao

The argument for either GSP or Silva is laughable when compared to Fedor's dominance. I don't think we'll ever see a champion fed perfect matchups like the way Dana fed Silva ever again, and GSP? That faggot Canadian got knocked the fuck out in his prime by Matt Serra. Oh my God, go back to sherdog.
i dont frequent sherdog, i dont go on mma forums at all and rarely post about it here. fedor was dominating a weak Pride league... the best fighters he faced there were big Nog (who was fucking horrible against UFC competition) and fucking Kevin Randleman :lol

when fedor tried strikeforce out he got wrecked. he would have stood no chance against UFC heavyweights

Robz4000
07-25-2014, 04:41 PM
:lmao Fedor

SupremeGuy
07-25-2014, 04:43 PM
gsp looks fatAliens.

spurraider21
07-25-2014, 04:44 PM
:lmao Pride

SupremeGuy
07-25-2014, 05:17 PM
:lmao PrideYou cannot tell me that you didn't like Pride. It was a shit load more entertaining than what we have currently...

spurraider21
07-25-2014, 05:40 PM
You cannot tell me that you didn't like Pride. It was a shit load more entertaining than what we have currently...
its not about the entertainment, necessarily. the competition in pride was a complete joke. its why pride legends like CroCop and big nog sucked when it went under

barakz21
07-25-2014, 05:51 PM
Don't really watch much MMA, but I think GSP is the MMA version of the spurs. Dude is classy, doesn't talk smack and despite his obvious athletic gifts has a very well rounded and cerebral game IMHO

spurraider21
07-25-2014, 06:04 PM
Don't really watch much MMA, but I think GSP is the MMA version of the spurs. Dude is classy, doesn't talk smack and despite his obvious athletic gifts has a very well rounded and cerebral game IMHO
he's also widely considered to be boring, so the shoe fits tbh

SupremeGuy
07-25-2014, 06:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX3sEGtG8mQ

:lol

SupremeGuy
07-25-2014, 06:40 PM
he's also widely considered to be boring, so the shoe fits tbhThe Spurs are fun as hell to watch. Watching GSP lnp is like watching paint dry, tbh.

lefty
07-25-2014, 06:41 PM
He had his ass handed to him by a Chris Evans backflip

DJR210
07-25-2014, 06:41 PM
You cannot tell me that you didn't like Pride. It was a shit load more entertaining than what we have currently...

Pride was sick..less rules

SupremeGuy
07-25-2014, 06:45 PM
Pride was sick..less rulesThose fucking intros! Pride made legends :cry

spurraider21
07-25-2014, 06:51 PM
The Spurs are fun as hell to watch. Watching GSP lnp is like watching paint dry, tbh.
i agree on both counts, just going by general perception tbh

barakz21
07-25-2014, 07:14 PM
he's also widely considered to be boring, so the shoe fits tbh

I think Silva's more "boring". Imagine the spurs with OKC's brashness. Then again, I don't watch that much MMA, so I'm not going to disagree with you.

spurraider21
07-25-2014, 07:20 PM
I think Silva's more "boring". Imagine the spurs with OKC's brashness. Then again, I don't watch that much MMA, so I'm not going to disagree with you.
every single GSP fight since August of 2008 ended in a decision :lol

in the same timespan Silva has fought 9 matches and only 1 went to a decision. can't see how you could possibly argue he's more boring than GSP. i mean, there ARE some great fights that go to decision (most notably in recent memory was Henderson vs Shogun 1), but none of GSP's fights are really that entertaining

barakz21
07-25-2014, 08:25 PM
every single GSP fight since August of 2008 ended in a decision :lol

in the same timespan Silva has fought 9 matches and only 1 went to a decision. can't see how you could possibly argue he's more boring than GSP. i mean, there ARE some great fights that go to decision (most notably in recent memory was Henderson vs Shogun 1), but none of GSP's fights are really that entertaining

To start, I didn't exactly argue with statement. I was only basing my statement on the few fights that I saw. I and I didn't exactly say that Silva is boring, and I didn't intend to. For some reason, Silva reminds me of Floyd Mayweather, who many people call boring. Just so we're clear though, I'm not arguing with you, and you obviously know more a lot about MMA than I do. I was just basing my statement on the very few fights I saw. :toast

spurraider21
07-25-2014, 08:35 PM
To start, I didn't exactly argue with statement. I was only basing my statement on the few fights that I saw. I and I didn't exactly say that Silva is boring, and I didn't intend to. For some reason, Silva reminds me of Floyd Mayweather, who many people call boring. Just so we're clear though, I'm not arguing with you, and you obviously know more a lot about MMA than I do. I was just basing my statement on the very few fights I saw. :toast
:lol no worries man. i'd personally compare mayweather more to GSP since they're both very, very defensive fighters in their respective sports, but hey.

tvdij
07-26-2014, 12:19 AM
Pride never die :(

During it's time Pride had the best fighter in the world at heavyweight and lightheavyweight.

Fedor is easily the best heavyweight in MMA, top5 overall. GSP is in that list aswell (he has 0 unavenged losses). pretty much unheard of for someone with as long a carrer as his

100%duncan
07-26-2014, 01:07 AM
Saying GSP is boring because most of his fights goes to decision is like preferring a high scoring basketball game with no defense over a quality all around game, or like preferring player A over player B because he scores 30 ppg and player B just gets 18 a night but is better in every other category.

cjw
07-26-2014, 09:06 AM
To everyone who wants to sign every (potential) athletic freak out there, this is what you'd be saying about Aminu and the rest a year from now when you realize they can't play basketball.

littlecoyotecoin
07-26-2014, 09:33 AM
To me, GSP is the Bowen defensive Spurs. They ground teams up and spit them out. Some basketball fans are incapable of appreciating good defense as much as good offense. Ergo, Spurs are boring. Dominating but boring. To those fans. To myself, and many other fans, The Spurs D teams, and GSP's wrestling, grappling, and defense are beautifully dominant. Silva also has a couple more losses on his record against good wrestlers Lutter and Sonnen, if they don't get complacent. That has been a weakness. He is great and fun to watch, but arguing that GSP is boring, you might as well argue taking wrestling and grappling out of MMA. Just watch striking events and movies with lots of explosions.

dorrrr
07-26-2014, 10:12 AM

Nah, the MMA version of the spurs was ezily Fedor. Quite, honorable, doesn't celebrate when wins, stays away from spotlight, gentelman, hard worker, humble, classic.
That's why he was so admirable and he was also well rounded and very entertaining to watch.

What spurraider21 doesn't understand is that MMA evolved since. It's a young sport and fighters are miuch more complete today than they were on Fedor's time.
Fedor DID beat all of his competition then. Including UFC'S heavyweights champs at that time- Tim Silvia and Arlovsky.

100%duncan
07-26-2014, 11:03 AM
To me, GSP is the Bowen defensive Spurs. They ground teams up and spit them out. Some basketball fans are incapable of appreciating good defense as much as good offense. Ergo, Spurs are boring. Dominating but boring. To those fans. To myself, and many other fans, The Spurs D teams, and GSP's wrestling, grappling, and defense are beautifully dominant. Silva also has a couple more losses on his record against good wrestlers Lutter and Sonnen, if they don't get complacent. That has been a weakness. He is great and fun to watch, but arguing that GSP is boring, you might as well argue taking wrestling and grappling out of MMA. Just watch striking events and movies with lots of explosions.

Very well said.

barakz21
07-26-2014, 12:06 PM
Nah, the MMA version of the spurs was ezily Fedor. Quite, honorable, doesn't celebrate when wins, stays away from spotlight, gentelman, hard worker, humble, classic.
That's why he was so admirable and he was also well rounded and very entertaining to watch.

What spurraider21 doesn't understand is that MMA evolved since. It's a young sport and fighters are miuch more complete today than they were on Fedor's time.
Fedor DID beat all of his competition then. Including UFC'S heavyweights champs at that time- Tim Silvia and Arlovsky.

Well.. I did say that I don't really watch much of MMA. That was just my observation based on the few fights I've seen. Oh, and GSP's stint during the ultimate fighter against Koscheck kind of sealed the deal for me, regarding his being a non trash talker. I remember him telling his guys to just shut up and let their game do their talking.

To be fair with spurraider21, our discussion was only between GSP and Silva, so he may be aware of the exact same things you were saying, except that te topic was only centered on those two fighters. Regardless, both your inputs are appreciated l, since I'm not really THAT famuliar with MMA.

DMC
07-26-2014, 12:18 PM

This..

DMC
07-26-2014, 12:21 PM
It's hilarious to see pudgy little neck bearded faggots breaking down the finer points between someone like Fedor and GSP as if they have any idea or could ever step into a ring with even a recreational fighter.

100%duncan
07-26-2014, 12:23 PM
It's hilarious to see pudgy little neck bearded faggots breaking down the finer points between someone like Fedor and GSP as if they have any idea or could ever step into a ring with even a recreational fighter.

IMHO that's a weak argument. If you go by your logic then you shouldn't even have almost 36k posts in a basketball forum as if you can ball with even a college varsity?

DMC
07-26-2014, 12:33 PM
IMHO that's a weak argument. If you go by your logic then you shouldn't even have almost 36k posts in a basketball forum as if you can ball with even a college varsity?

Poor analogy, as if anyone here has never played basketball, and as if 99% of the posters here ever stepped into a MMA contest at any level, ever. It's easy to say Lebron would dominate Jeff Ayers. It's not as easy to say a champion from one circuit would dominate a champion from another circuit. You'd have to know a hell of a lot more about each fighter to know how they would match up.

:lol pudgy armchair warriors

spurraider21
07-26-2014, 01:05 PM
regardless of your own participation, anybody who observes a sport long enough will gain an understanding of it. the armchair warrior argument is no different than armchair GM arguments, since none of us have participated in sports management, yet we think we know which players are championship caliber, which aren't, etc. i don't think anybody here is insinuating they can take Fedor in a fight. but the level of competition Fedor faced in Pride was poor, to say the least.

littlecoyotecoin
07-26-2014, 01:06 PM
Luckily we've got lean, neck-shaven, DEFINITELY NOT GAY, real warriors like you to keep all of us neck-bearded, arm-chair warrior pudgy faggots in line.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
07-26-2014, 01:08 PM

GOAT

100%duncan
07-26-2014, 01:15 PM
Poor analogy, as if anyone here has never played basketball, and as if 99% of the posters here ever stepped into a MMA contest at any level, ever. It's easy to say Lebron would dominate Jeff Ayers. It's not as easy to say a champion from one circuit would dominate a champion from another circuit. You'd have to know a hell of a lot more about each fighter to know how they would match up.

:lol pudgy armchair warriors

Isn't it the point of forums? Or even discussions in daily lives about pros in whatever sport?

Plum Island
07-26-2014, 01:16 PM
Luckily we've got lean, neck-shaven, DEFINITELY NOT GAY, real warriors like you to keep all of us neck-bearded, arm-chair warrior pudgy faggots in line.
Ha ha ha!

TheyCallMePro
07-26-2014, 01:36 PM
This whole thread has really confused me... is that Anderson Silva in the photo or 100%Duncan?

Curse you guys!

DMC
07-26-2014, 01:38 PM
Isn't it the point of forums? Or even discussions in daily lives about pros in whatever sport?

Why stop with sports? How about discussions on which branch has the toughest special forces? Let's see all the Call of Duty players weigh in on it.

DMC
07-26-2014, 01:41 PM
regardless of your own participation, anybody who observes a sport long enough will gain an understanding of it. the armchair warrior argument is no different than armchair GM arguments, since none of us have participated in sports management, yet we think we know which players are championship caliber, which aren't, etc. i don't think anybody here is insinuating they can take Fedor in a fight. but the level of competition Fedor faced in Pride was poor, to say the least.

Watching it long enough is the point. Who here has watched every MMA fight Fedor and GSP have had, and followed their training regimens, knows who their trainers are, knows every move they make and understands the counters? Very few. On an NBA forum, a lot of people will know just that about the NBA team or player they watch. I'm not saying you have to be a pro to have an opinion on pro sports, but most of these takes on MMA are "at a glance" takes. It's like NBA takes from people who only watch the Finals.

100%duncan
07-26-2014, 01:44 PM
Wtf has this thread turned into? :lmao

spurraider21
07-26-2014, 01:55 PM
I wonder how familiar dmc is with every fighter and their regimens to come to the conclusion that fedor is the best ever. My main criticism of fedor is that he never faced elite competition. Most of the pride "legends" he faced like big nig and cro cop were shown to be nothing special when they moved out of pride. Even fedor. Age surely caught up with him but it never really hindered him to that point. But conveniently once he joined strike force he started losing fights

RD2191
07-26-2014, 02:03 PM
Lol @ DMC calling anyone fat. Fucking dude is a small hippo.

lefty
07-26-2014, 10:34 PM
http://recommandedmovies.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/tumblr_n0e899wNR91qaw3xro1_r1_500.gif

100%duncan
07-27-2014, 12:06 AM
^Didn't even hit :wakeup

lefty
07-27-2014, 12:24 AM
^Didn't even hit :wakeup
" on va voua "

Det Chris Evans french accent :lmao