07-27-2014, 03:51 AM
we won..

in this fashion

avenging okc, heat

gaaahhh
my life as a sports fan is fulfilled

J.T.
07-27-2014, 05:49 AM
Nice to see someone that is happy with what we got and not saying they need the Spurs to repeat next year to validate their existence as a Spurs fan :tu

soxxx
07-27-2014, 06:29 AM
My minds still in a state of shock,like when I think of the whole trophy celebration its like some sort of dream. After all those letdowns its like wow is the ordeal really over?

boutons_deux
07-27-2014, 07:17 AM
Closing out OKC on the road was delicious.

TampaDude
07-27-2014, 07:33 AM
For real...we came back from that heartbreaking loss last year to do the following:

1. Finish the regular season 62-20, the best record in the NBA, and do it while playing everyone less than 30 minutes per game on average.
2. Win COY and EOY.
3. Knock off our rival Dallas in a blowout Game 7. (If not for VC's bullshit buzzer beater, we win that series in 5, but it is what it is.)
4. Cruise through perennial "thorn in our side" Portland in 5.
5. Take down the Thunder in Game 6, IN OKC, avenging 2012 and sending us to the Finals.
6. Get the Finals rematch with Miami, and utterly smash them in 5 games, with the largest combined margin of victory in NBA Finals history, thus avenging 2013.
7. Do all this while watching TOSB Kirby and the Lakers miss the playoffs and flounder in lottery land. (That was the icing on the cake.)

I swear, this past season was like a Hollywood movie...like the NBA version of Hoosiers or something.

YA GOTTA LOVE IT!!! :hat

aal04
07-27-2014, 08:02 AM
Dallas 1st round exit = revenge
Thunder backdoor sweep = revenge
2013 finals heartbreak = revenge

TampaDude
07-27-2014, 08:04 AM

:toast

Cry Havoc
07-27-2014, 08:25 AM
we won..

in this fashion

avenging okc, heat

gaaahhh

The cliff you jumped off of was so big it took you 5 weeks to climb back up, eh?

ViceCity84
07-27-2014, 08:54 AM
Spurs championship and a lottery win.Life doesn't get much better.

xmas1997
07-27-2014, 09:25 AM
The cliff you jumped off of was so big it took you 5 weeks to climb back up, eh?

A few on here are "still" in the pits of despair, the Manu haters and kobyz, to name a few.

Dex
07-27-2014, 09:36 AM

Portland stealing Batum in the draft = revenge

marzbarz
07-27-2014, 09:59 AM
Closing out OKC on the road was delicious.

This, by far my favorite game of the 2014 playoffs followed of course by 5

dabom
07-27-2014, 10:50 AM
This, by far my favorite game of the 2014 playoffs followed of course by 5

Josh810
07-27-2014, 10:52 AM
Hey guys remember that time we destroyed the Heat as a legitimate contender for years to come? :lol

testies
07-27-2014, 12:51 PM
The Portland series was so underratedly good... A bunch of media guys were saying Portland were too young and fast for us .. I just knew watching the Rockets series that we would smash them...

It was soo great to listen to their interviews before the series, all cocky and full of dreams and then them realizing how much superior we are

"their screens hurt" was funny also

lil'mo
07-27-2014, 01:07 PM
"we"?

littlecoyotecoin
07-27-2014, 01:57 PM
"we"?

Of course WE! That vicarious living is the joy of fandom and investing money on tickets and gear and time out of your life to support your team.

spurraider21
07-27-2014, 02:01 PM

littlecoyotecoin
07-27-2014, 02:08 PM
Yes, a new 6!

lil'mo
07-27-2014, 02:15 PM
Of course WE! That vicarious living is the joy of fandom and investing money on tickets and gear and time out of your life to support your team.

:lol those who love vicariously have no life of their own.

littlecoyotecoin
07-27-2014, 02:51 PM

Says a guy posting on an internet message board. C'mon, man. That's a pithy little maxim. Are you suggesting to live my life more fully, I should try out for a professional basketball team? Do they take 50 year old dudes? Should only former professional players be fans? I would hate to sit around, thinking I haven't lived up to Lil'mo's expectation because I live vicariously through my basketball team. Get real. I am pretty sure there are plenty of radical fans on here that would throw around "we" that live very fruitful lives. I have observed physicists, engineers, attorneys, oncologists, and all manner of other successful individuals doing just the same. Get over yerself and enjoy the win.

Spur|n|Austin
07-27-2014, 03:04 PM
And wrapping it up by securing two important pieces in Boris and Patty. I'm pumped for 2014-2015.

:flag::flag::flag:

says the guy who lives vicariously through ST.

Obstructed_View
07-27-2014, 03:29 PM
Says a guy with over 2500 posts on another team's internet message board.

Fissed.

Mugen
07-27-2014, 03:31 PM
Believe it, retard.

florige
07-27-2014, 08:05 PM
For real...we came back from that heartbreaking loss last year to do the following:

1. Finish the regular season 62-20, the best record in the NBA, and do it while playing everyone less than 30 minutes per game on average.
2. Win COY and EOY.
3. Knock off our rival Dallas in a blowout Game 7. (If not for VC's bullshit buzzer beater, we win that series in 5, but it is what it is.)
5. Take down the Thunder in Game 6, IN OKC, avenging 2012 and sending us to the Finals.
6. Get the Finals rematch with Miami, and utterly smash them in 5 games, with the largest combined margin of victory in NBA Finals history, thus avenging 2013.
7. Do all this while watching TOSB Kirby and the Lakers miss the playoffs and flounder in lottery land. (That was the icing on the cake.)

I swear, this past season was like a Hollywood movie...like the NBA version of Hoosiers or something.

Also Chris Bosh guaranteeing a Miami game 5 win. Well the only win in game 5 that included Bosh's name was Manu slamming it down his throat. That was the icing on the cake for me. That and Splitter sending Wade's dunk down his throat after LBJ got him last year. Everything went too picture perfect in 5. LBJ checking himself out of the game with 4 minutes left. Something out of a movie script.

TDomination
07-27-2014, 09:56 PM
I still can't believe it either, it's amazing!!!!

spurs10
07-27-2014, 10:13 PM
For real...we came back from that heartbreaking loss last year to do the following: 1. Finish the regular season 62-20, the best record in the NBA, and do it while playing everyone less than 30 minutes per game on average. 2. Win COY and EOY. 3. Knock off our rival Dallas in a blowout Game 7. (If not for VC's bullshit buzzer beater, we win that series in 5, but it is what it is.) 4. Cruise through perennial "thorn in our side" Portland in 5. 5. Take down the Thunder in Game 6, IN OKC, avenging 2012 and sending us to the Finals. 6. Get the Finals rematch with Miami, and utterly smash them in 5 games, with the largest combined margin of victory in NBA Finals history, thus avenging 2013. 7. Do all this while watching TOSB Kirby and the Lakers miss the playoffs and flounder in lottery land. (That was the icing on the cake.) I swear, this past season was like a Hollywood movie...like the NBA version of Hoosiers or something. YA GOTTA LOVE IT!!! :hat I couldn't agree with you more. Just amazing!!

skulls138
07-27-2014, 10:33 PM
we won..

in this fashion

avenging okc, heat

gaaahhh
my life as a sports fan is fulfilledWas thinking the same exact thing right before coming on ST, I cant believe we won. It strikes me every now and then.

Sean Cagney
07-27-2014, 10:36 PM
Nice to see someone that is happy with what we got and not saying they need the Spurs to repeat next year to validate their existence as a Spurs fan :tu
I agree, we got #5 damnit and thats all I ever wanted, after last year I thought it might never happen. I am glad we got #5 and in this fashion over those teams was second to none, a dream world.

skulls138
07-27-2014, 10:38 PM
Also Chris Bosh guaranteeing a Miami game 5 win. Well the only win in game 5 that included Bosh's name was Manu slamming it down his throat. That was the icing on the cake for me.Wow I didnt know Bosh guaranteed a win. Even better.

jARS mEsH sEt
07-27-2014, 10:49 PM

Yeah I don't care about a repeat. I just want to go down swinging and give whoever takes us out in 2015 a hell of a battle.

Spurs9
07-27-2014, 10:55 PM
And we broke up the Heat:toast

Spurs 4 The Win
07-27-2014, 11:43 PM
I was at Game 7 vs the Mavs, and Im sure everyone at that game will feel this way.

It was incredibly sweet, there were a ton of Mavs fans at that game and they all thought they were gonna win. They were talking trash before the game and really getting into it in the first quarter. When we started pulling away it was fun to watch them squirm. All of the spurs fans were making their lives a living hell, most bailed in the third quarter (and they all got booed out of the arena, that was great). The ones that didnt stuck around to talk shit, which was awesome, cuz we were up about 25 at that point. I kept yelling 4 rings and those fans melted down. Such a sweet, sweet victory, it was great.

phxspurfan
07-27-2014, 11:46 PM
I'm re-watching game 5 right now. What an incredible national anthem by Colbie Caillat. I watched it twice, it was so beautiful.

AWasmiD66O4

KaiRMD1
07-28-2014, 01:12 AM
Hey guys remember that time we destroyed the Heat as a legitimate contender for years to come? :lol

More like destroyed the franchise in general

dg7md
07-28-2014, 07:43 AM
The best Spur title victory ever... the stakes were so high, the franchise was teetering in the balance. Had we not made the Finals, or lost in them, there is no way our franchise would recover.

But we did it, and we made it look easy. It's a good time to be a Spurs fan.

will_spurs
07-28-2014, 08:40 AM

The only way this postseason could have been more "perfect" would have been to play, and beat, Memphis instead of Portland in the 2nd round. But we took care of that one last year anyway, so it's no big deal.

hooperflash
07-28-2014, 08:57 AM
The only way this postseason could have been more "perfect" would have been to play, and beat, Memphis instead of Portland in the 2nd round. But we took care of that one last year anyway, so it's no big deal.

Don't forget that Portland felt like they pretty much had us beat because of their recent years of dominating us in the regular season.

dbreiden83080
07-28-2014, 09:16 AM
I'm re-watching game 5 right now. What an incredible national anthem by Colbie Caillat. I watched it twice, it was so beautiful.

AWasmiD66O4

She did a wonderful job.. The whole night was magical..

Budkin
07-28-2014, 10:47 AM
BELIEVE!!!

http://i.cbc.ca/1.2676632.1402889128!/fileImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/16x9_620/leonard-kawhi.jpg

jsandiego
07-28-2014, 11:04 AM

2. Win COY and EOY.

This, AND Tony Parker was injured for the 2nd half, and we still came back and won the game/series!

Honestly, TP hasn't been healthy two playoffs in a row. Hoping TP at 100% and Kahwi's continued progression counters Tim & Manu's regression, and we get a legit shot at #6.

florige
07-28-2014, 02:48 PM
Wow I didnt know Bosh guaranteed a win. Even better.

Yeah that was pretty stupid of him considering the fact he hadn't done much of anything prior and both those blowout loses came in Miami. I guess he was calling himself motivating himself and the team, but obviously it didn't work. lol

Spurs 4 The Win
07-28-2014, 05:24 PM
Yeah that was pretty stupid of him considering the fact he hadn't done much of anything prior and both those blowout loses came in Miami. I guess he was calling himself motivating himself and the team, but obviously it didn't work. lol

I cant really blame Bosh for guaranteeing a win. A reporter asked him if they thought they could win tonight and he said something along the lines of I guarantee a win, if not our season is done, so he was kind of baited into it. On the other hand LeBron ran his championship DNA smack talk... what a fagget

florige
07-28-2014, 11:38 PM
I cant really blame Bosh for guaranteeing a win. A reporter asked him if they thought they could win tonight and he said something along the lines of I guarantee a win, if not our season is done, so he was kind of baited into it. On the other hand LeBron ran his championship DNA smack talk... what a fagget

He could had said something along the lines of "they will get our best shot tonight", if we don't then our season is done". Don't go guaranteeing crap when you just got whupped the last two games BAD.

JR3
07-28-2014, 11:54 PM
Still beyond excited! I'll celebrate until the Allstar break....then it is on!

Spurs 4 The Win
07-28-2014, 11:55 PM
He could had said something along the lines of "they will get our best shot tonight", if we don't then our season is done". Don't go guaranteeing crap when you just got whupped the last two games BAD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m9NgA2GowM

Seems like he is trying to convince himself lol

exstatic
07-29-2014, 07:40 AM
More like destroyed the franchise in general

Their owner did that by going cheap, and not paying for talent around the Superfriends.

florige
07-29-2014, 04:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m9NgA2GowM

Seems like he is trying to convince himself lol

The only thing I can think of is he really must had thought the last two blowout games in Miami were flukes or something. lol

thiste
07-29-2014, 06:48 PM
Yeah, don't forget that we broke the Heat big 3, and most of all for me : we retired fucking Derek Fisher!! With tears!!!

KaiRMD1
07-29-2014, 10:10 PM
Yeah, don't forget that we broke the Heat big 3, and most of all for me : we retired fucking Derek Fisher!! With tears!!!

This is the sweetest part for me. Next order of business, help Lakers make the playoffs so we can retire Kobe & Nash

DMC
07-29-2014, 10:53 PM
we won..

in this fashion

avenging okc, heat

gaaahhh

Tony wins the MVP over the summer, Belli started it off in the RS with shitting right in Reggie's mouth and winning the 3pt trophy, then Pop wins CotY, RC follows suit with EOY, Spurs win championship and Leonard gets FMVP, all this while dismantling the super team and sending Lebron to another city (again).

Not going to see another season like that, probably ever.

DMC
07-29-2014, 10:56 PM
"we"?

You know, like "our" home in Breck?

lil'mo
07-30-2014, 09:17 AM
No I don't understand...he is not family with any of the Spurs staff or players?

florige
07-30-2014, 02:56 PM
Their owner did that by going cheap, and not paying for talent around the Superfriends.

To be fair, they had just come off a repeat with pretty much their same roster. Can't really blame the owner for Chalmers literally crapping the bed during the Finals. Any roster that has Norris Cole playing major minutes is a recipe for disaster.