PDA

View Full Version : Texas to face Duke(bball)

cecil collins
08-21-2005, 09:07 AM
As a football matchup would be a slaughtering, I thought it appropriate to clear that up in the title. I just read this:

Horns get high marks

The top two college basketball teams in the country will meet on Dec. 10 in East Rutherford, N.J., at least according to one pundit.

Andy Katz, reporter and analyst for ESPN, has Duke ranked No. 1 and Texas No. 2.

Texas also will face Katz's No. 3 team, Villanova, on Jan. 14 at the Erwin Center.

[email protected]; 445-3958

Nice to have some high profile non conference games to look forward to. Last years Wake Forest game was the shit.

j-6
08-21-2005, 11:49 AM
Texas is ranked second in basketball too? The Horns are second in the AP football polls as well, in case you didn't know. I thought top ten would be appropriate, but 2nd is a little high for my tastes.

That's badass that 'Nova is coming to Austin.

N.Y. Johnny
08-21-2005, 03:37 PM
Rick Barnes has done a great job at Texas

Cant_Be_Faded
08-21-2005, 10:23 PM
holy shit, texas is ranked 2nd?

I think thats just UT getting usual media bias....no way we're 2nd best team in the nation. first of all we have to assume PJ tucker will crack a book open at least once this semester. also, lamarcus did not show us much last year, the only real bonus we got last season was Gibson being a lethal 3 point shooter. Brad Buckman is also going to be off the heeze, but 2nd is wayy overrated imo.

cecil collins
08-22-2005, 03:16 AM
Perhaps overrated, but they will be damn good. Gibson and Aldridge were both freshmen, and will surely improve. Aldridge and Mike Williams have added 15 pounds of muscle, although the hip disallowed much running for Lamarcus. P.J. Tucker was the backbone of the team, and losing him really hurt. Brad Buckman discovered that he has the ability to dominate his man, and actually has a pretty good stroke. I think they'll be in the top 10.

Ballcox
08-22-2005, 01:20 PM
^Aldridge didn't show much last year? What Texas team were you watching. The kid was close to averaging a double/double when he got injured in the Nebraska game. He's bulked up in the off-season and I'm looking for him to be huge this year for Texas.

samikeyp
08-22-2005, 05:32 PM
He couldn't "show much" from the bench being hurt. When he was in there...he was kicking ass.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-22-2005, 08:50 PM
ok yes i follow ut basketball fairly well but i was not too impressed iwth lamarcus (freshman he may be) after all the hype about the "true seven footer" received after committing to texas

I have not heard about the bulking up of him and williams. thats definitely to be expected and will definitely help their games. I'm just skeptical about the rankings, i know UT will be dope this year (IF PJ TUCKER cracks a book open, that bitch)

j-6
08-22-2005, 11:11 PM
The Dirty Dozen is at the cusp of being an elite hoops conference in the same vein as the ACC and the Big 10. We have perennial powers like KU, UT, OU, and OSU. Tech will be solid as long as Bobby's there. Long term, Gillespie might have been a better hire than Franchione in College Station. Missouri and Iowa State traditionally fly below the radar and surprise people. Nebraska won seven conference games last season. CU, Baylor and K-State don't really bring much to the table, but they combined for eleven conference wins in 04-05.

Any Big 12 team that survives a sked like that and gets a decent seed should be expected to make noise in the tourney.

TheIf Of jUStiCE
08-23-2005, 02:12 AM
i think the big 12 has established its status after the last season of TJ Ford in which UT made the final four. every fucking big 12 team was bad ass that season, furthermore KU and UT together comprised half of the final four.

ACC is so overrated its not even funny

samikeyp
08-23-2005, 08:21 AM
I do agree that Big 12 hoops has established itself with the big boys but I would have to disagree about the ACC being overrated. That being said, the Big 12 is only going to get better and better.

Horry For 3!
08-23-2005, 08:20 PM
Damnnnn Texas football & basketball both ranked #2 in the nation. That is crazy but cool.

mookie2001
08-24-2005, 12:36 PM
sweet