PDA

View Full Version : River Ice chest stereo

Big Empty
07-27-2014, 09:18 AM
Had a blAst yesterday on the river at Gruene. Roger Creager played on the banks and we set a world record for most people tied together at once. In all my years of toobing ive never seen so many people n so many tit flashes!! I also want me a stereo icechest now since im always out every where in the summer. Any suggestions of who does a great job building these custom stereos for reasonable price?

Bill_Brasky
07-27-2014, 10:09 AM
My friend and i built one, were actually taking it out today. It has 6 speakers and a bluetooth radio, ran it off an old car battery. We even divided it into 2 sides, a wet wide and a dry side, so we can still keep our drinks in there. A lot of stereo coolers dont function as coolers anymore, and we were like, what the fuck is the point of making one of those if we cant put our drinks in it? Why not just bring a waterproof radio instead?

Will post pics later.

Big Empty
07-27-2014, 10:11 AM
Hell yea

xmas1997
07-27-2014, 10:24 AM
Had a blAst yesterday on the river at Gruene. Roger Creager played on the banks and we set a world record for most people tied together at once. In all my years of toobing ive never seen so many people n so many tit flashes!! I also want me a stereo icechest now since im always out every where in the summer. Any suggestions of who does a great job building these custom stereos for reasonable price?

Guadalupe River.
Used to raft there all the time while going to college at U.I.W.'
Used to raft in New Mexico when I went to C.S.F.
And in New Hampshire when I went to D.C.

lil'mo
07-27-2014, 12:05 PM
Too many fat Mexicans with their broods polluting the rivers in gruene and new braunsfels these days to be enjoyable tbh

ChumpDumper
07-27-2014, 12:14 PM
Not a fan of the stereos. Music is always terrible.

Big Empty
07-27-2014, 12:26 PM
Too many fat Mexicans with their broods polluting the rivers in gruene and new braunsfels these days to be enjoyable tbh
Ull be happy to know that it seemed like 75% of the population out there tubing were white. :)

lil'mo
07-27-2014, 12:57 PM
Ull be happy to know that it seemed like 75% of the population out there tubing were white. :)

Color has no consequence. Girth, smell, lack of common decency, and quantity of offspring is what I have issues with.

johnsmith
07-27-2014, 01:05 PM

I highly recommend building your own as well. We made one a couple years ago out of about $200 worth of stuff. Battery was from a riding lawn mower and ours kicked so much ass.

johnsmith
07-27-2014, 01:06 PM
Color has no consequence. Girth, smell, lack of common decency, and quantity of offspring is what I have issues with.

Dude, if you can't enjoy yourself on the river, you suck.

DJR210
07-27-2014, 01:38 PM

If this is your opinion on Mexicans, I'd love to hear what you think of blacks.

xmas1997
07-27-2014, 02:06 PM
Not a fan of the stereos. Music is always terrible.

On this point we agree 100%.
:lol

lil'mo
07-27-2014, 02:18 PM
Dude, if you can't enjoy yourself on the river, you suck.

I used to enjoy the river, until it became polluted - by subhumans and litter

lil'mo
07-27-2014, 02:19 PM
If this is your opinion on Mexicans, I'd love to hear what you think of blacks.

You don't see a lot of blacks tubing. They don't really like to get wet lol.

Blake
07-28-2014, 09:43 AM
I used to have a blast on the Guadalupe too.

We always had a huge group of frat bros and girlfriends/wives and it was always hilarious to watch the girls watching the random chicks flash their racks for our jello shots. Good times.

But I got tired of seeing my drunk ass and my drunk ass friends get beat up by the river.

Luckily the worst that happened to me and g/f, wife was lost keys after tube flipped......and plenty of dudes lost keys, wallets, phones, beers.......but in 2000 we toobed that Saturday of the flood that happened Sunday, and one of the frat kids that came down from Lubbock and was camping along the river, actually had his car swept away.

that was actually fucking hilarious.....

But I've seen several near drownings, a couple of broken ankle that got caught in rocks, and the one that made me quit toobing for good: a buddy cut his leg on some rocks that ended with a staph infection, most likely caused by floating in some stagnant shit water.
He was in the hospital for several days and had to have surgery. It was fucking nasty.

Good times for sure, but yeah, I'm done with it.

Frank Dux
07-28-2014, 11:34 AM
I used to have a blast on the Guadalupe too.

We always had a huge group of frat bros and girlfriends/wives and it was always hilarious to watch the girls watching the random chicks flash their racks for our jello shots. Good times.

But I got tired of seeing my drunk ass and my drunk ass friends get beat up by the river.

Luckily the worst that happened to me and g/f, wife was lost keys after tube flipped......and plenty of dudes lost keys, wallets, phones, beers.......but in 2000 we toobed that Saturday of the flood that happened Sunday, and one of the frat kids that came down from Lubbock and was camping along the river, actually had his car swept away.

that was actually fucking hilarious.....

But I've seen several near drownings, a couple of broken ankle that got caught in rocks, and the one that made me quit toobing for good: a buddy cut his leg on some rocks that ended with a staph infection, most likely caused by floating in some stagnant shit water.
He was in the hospital for several days and had to have surgery. It was fucking nasty.

Good times for sure, but yeah, I'm done with it.

One of my buddies also got a killer case of river staph on one of my old college trips. He was dumb and spent the weekend in the river despite having a giant gaping scab on his leg.

Maybe I'm just become an old fart with a case of the Good Ol' Days, but I can't stand how crowded and dirty the rivers are now. I live in Colorado now and people treat the rivers here (and outdoors in general) with so much more respect. When I go home to Texas, and head to the Frio or Guadalupe, I'm pretty much disgusted at how people just leave garbage everywhere.

leemajors
07-28-2014, 12:03 PM
One of my buddies also got a killer case of river staph on one of my old college trips. He was dumb and spent the weekend in the river despite having a giant gaping scab on his leg.

Maybe I'm just become an old fart with a case of the Good Ol' Days, but I can't stand how crowded and dirty the rivers are now. I live in Colorado now and people treat the rivers here (and outdoors in general) with so much more respect. When I go home to Texas, and head to the Frio or Guadalupe, I'm pretty much disgusted at how people just leave garbage everywhere.

I was done with tubing after white water rafting on the Snake in 02.

lil'mo
07-28-2014, 12:09 PM

It's the fat/lower-middle class Mexicans. They treat Texas like it's Mexico. They know a trip to the river or beach is like a once in a lifetime trip and that they'll never be back to have to look at the trash they just dumped.

Frank Dux
07-28-2014, 03:11 PM
I was done with tubing after white water rafting on the Snake in 02.

I've actually tube sometimes up in Boulder. The water is cold as hell but still pretty fun.

DMC
07-28-2014, 03:15 PM
Guadalupe River.
Used to raft there all the time while going to college at U.I.W.'
Used to raft in New Mexico when I went to C.S.F.
And in New Hampshire when I went to D.C.
Any time I read your post I hear a sax solo at the end, followed by some sunglasses wearing hippie snapping his fingers above his head and saying "groovy"

xmas1997
07-29-2014, 01:24 PM
Any time I read your post I hear a sax solo at the end, followed by some sunglasses wearing hippie snapping his fingers above his head and saying "groovy"

:lmao
Groovy, maaan.
Like, what it is!
:lol

Bill_Brasky
07-29-2014, 01:57 PM
Front
http://i.imgur.com/Ot9QdRC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2ZPqnqx.jpg

Inside
http://i.imgur.com/yOZg8lB.jpg

Kinda still wanna make a couple tweaks like building a compartment on the dry side, maybe getting some degreaser and cleaning up the top, but overall we were pretty pleased. Worked well and didnt leak!

xmas1997
07-29-2014, 02:00 PM
Wow, you made this?!?!

Too much!

Bill_Brasky
07-29-2014, 02:12 PM
Wow, you made this?!?!

Too much!

i mean.....why not?

xmas1997
07-29-2014, 02:14 PM
i mean.....why not?

Wish I had thought of it when I was rafting.

leemajors
07-29-2014, 02:33 PM
Front
http://i.imgur.com/Ot9QdRC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2ZPqnqx.jpg

Inside
http://i.imgur.com/yOZg8lB.jpg

Kinda still wanna make a couple tweaks like building a compartment on the dry side, maybe getting some degreaser and cleaning up the top, but overall we were pretty pleased. Worked well and didnt leak!

Nice, my stepbrother and his friends made one recently too, I was impressed. Yours is way more clean looking (he's 18) but neither leaks :tu

DrRich96
07-29-2014, 03:06 PM
Man, that brings back some good memories. We were doing that back in the late 80's/early 90's. We had PVC pipe coming out of the cooler w/ Bose waterproof speakers mounted on top, Car battery and radio inside the cooler with "Rollin' Down the River" blasting away!! Ahhhh, Good Times!!

Big Empty
06-12-2015, 02:59 PM
got my aquaticaudio stereo for 3 bills and its worth every penny. cant wait to go back to the comal tommorw!

ChumpDumper
06-12-2015, 03:01 PM
got my aquaticaudio stereo for 3 bills and its worth every penny. cant wait to go back to the comal tommorw!Is tubing even allowed yet?

Stay off the San Marcos.

Big Empty
06-12-2015, 03:14 PM
yes i went last week. the comal is completely fine no difference in current or depth. It was super busy with all the other rivers closed. I found it strange though other rivers in the area were flooded

Blake
06-12-2015, 03:26 PM
By order of* the New Braunfels' City Council:No containers under 5 fluid ounces are permitted. (This usually refers to*"Jello Shots"*in 5 oz. or smaller containers. This rule was created because so many people littered the rivers with small plastic containers after shooting down their Jello Shots, causing environmental problems. Jello Shots have NOT been outlawed, only containers that are 5 ounces or smaller have been banned. You can still bring your Jello Shots in containers larger that 5 ounces.) Please Drink responsibly, thank you!*

http://www.riversportstubes.com/Guadalupe_and_Comal_River_Rules.htm

Lol 6 oz jello shots?

We used to go to taco cabana and get a big stack of their hot sauce containers. No mas i guess.....of course, I'm never going tubing on the river ever again...

DJR210
06-12-2015, 05:11 PM
:lol thispego (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=193), get your stupid ass in here and tell these idiots that tubing is for faggots, and so is having an ice chest stereo

Big Empty
06-12-2015, 06:13 PM
:lol thispego (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=193), get your stupid ass in here and tell these idiots that tubing is for faggots, and so is having an ice chest stereo. nothing like havn a cold beer, listening to good loud music and cooling off in the river! If the sun is out if you arnt at the beach, river pool or lake ur lame.

DJR210
06-12-2015, 08:03 PM
. nothing like havn a cold beer, listening to good loud music and cooling off in the river! If the sun is out if you arnt at the beach, river pool or lake ur lame.

Tell that to thispedo