PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Interesting article about Kyle Anderson

sexinthatsx
07-27-2014, 03:57 PM
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but i was curious whether Anderson held work outs with the Spurs. Needless to say, CIA Pop and CIA Buford went to work lol

http://www.nj.com/knicks/index.ssf/2014/06/2014_nba_draft_after_long_wait_kyle_anderson_lands _in_exceptional_situation_with_spurs.html

The selections were called out one after the other — as last night’s NBA draft crept toward its third hour — and Kyle Anderson still had not heard his name. His dad thought he might get picked as high as No. 15 by Atlanta, but the choices had trickled into the late 20s, with Anderson still sliding.

Then, at No. 30, the final pick of the first round, the drama came to an abrupt end as the NBA champion San Antonio Spurs finally selected Anderson, the former St. Anthony High of Jersey City and UCLA star.

What had been an agonizing wait in a Harlem restaurant became instant euphoria for Anderson and his family. Not only had he fulfilled his life-long dream of getting drafted. But Anderson realized he had also been picked by a championship organization that emphasizes ball movement and team play — two of Anderson’s strengths.

“I know I’m going to a great organization,” Anderson said. “My ability to pass the ball and share the ball with my teammates and my knowledge for the game really gives me an advantage to come in and fit well with that team. I’m just happy with it overall.”

An All-Pac-12 first-team selection last season, the 6-9, 230-pound Anderson averaged 14.6 points, 6.5 assists and 8.8 rebounds while leading UCLA to the Sweet 16. Despite solid numbers, some NBA scouts feared Anderson lacks the athleticism and defensive ability to thrive in the league. In fact, despite Anderson being UCLA’s leader, Bruins teammates Zach LaVine (No. 13 to Minnesota) and Jordan Adams (No. 22 to Memphis) were picked ahead of him last night.

But Anderson’s dad, Kyle Sr., and his high school coach, Bob Hurley, said Anderson has always found ways to succeed despite limited athleticism because of his natural feel for the game and basketball IQ, which are off the charts. He’s a coach’s son — Kyle Sr. coached at St. Peter’s College and Ferris and Snyder high schools — who was raised in the gym with an unquenchable thirst for the game.

Anderson went 65-0 and won two state championships and two Tournament of Champions titles over his junior and senior seasons at St. Anthony. As a senior, he was named The Star-Ledger’s state boys basketball player of the year.

“His game will translate to the NBA the same way it did when the doubters doubted him on the college level, when the doubters doubted him on the high school level,” Kyle Anderson Sr. said. “Production. It will translate into production. Playing with a team like San Antonio that’s about passing, getting teammates involved — that’s a tremendous setting for him.”

Hurley, the legendary high school coach, called San Antonio an “exceptional” fit for Anderson.

“Here he is now going to the best team in the sport and with the best coach in the sport and an opportunity to learn from guys who truly get it,” Hurley said. “Kyle has been taught to handle the ball and look to pass, so he already philosophically is part of the way the Spurs play. He’s not a one-on-one player. He gets rebounds, assistants, steals. That’s the kind of players that they plug in their lineup.”

Anderson said he wasn’t surprised the Spurs selected him, but noted he did not work out for the team and had no contact with them before the draft, beyond an interview at the combine in Chicago. He said he’ll head to San Antonio July 5 to meet with team officials.

In the meantime, Anderson and his dad were out to lunch yesterday in New Jersey, making plans to get into the gym and hit the mall to buy some Spurs gear.

“We’re going to get back in the gym this afternoon and start working out so that he’s in the best shape of his life going down to San Antonio,” Kyle Anderson Sr. said. “Most people after the draft day get to sit back and think about it, but me and him are back at work.”

xmas1997
07-27-2014, 05:58 PM
Sean Elliott was interviewed today about Kyle Anderson while signing autographs at South Park Mall.

He was real excited about him and said the Spurs got the steal of the draft, that he saw him play college ball last year three times, and calls him a poor mans' Magic Johnson.

dabom
07-27-2014, 06:14 PM
Sean Elliott was interviewed today about Kyle Anderson while signing autographs at South Park Mall.

He was real excited about him and said the Spurs got the steal of the draft, that he saw him play college ball last year three times, and calls him a poor mans' Magic Johnson.

Even a homeless mans magic johnson would be great.

lil'mo
07-27-2014, 07:09 PM
lol how cool would it be to be in a situation like Kyle Anderson Sr.? Being your pro athlete sons trainer, mentor, and biggest fan. Fuckin cool.

exstatic
07-27-2014, 07:11 PM
Anderson will play THIS year, and probably more than people think. He's a coaches son, and has a veteran's understanding of the game.

Twisted_Dawg
07-27-2014, 07:24 PM
After the draft, RC Buford said the Spurs had 20 guys with 1st round grades and when it came time for SA to pick one of those 20 was still on the board----Kyle Anderson. He said the reason the didn't work him out was because they never thought he would be available at 30.

exstatic
07-27-2014, 07:39 PM
After the draft, RC Buford said the Spurs had 20 guys with 1st round grades and when it came time for SA to pick one of those 20 was still on the board----Kyle Anderson. He said the reason the didn't work him out was because they never thought he would be available at 30.

In the draft of the decade...the Spurs only graded 20 guys as first round material. Yeah, they have different standards than the rest of the league. :lol

If I ever won a HUGE lottery jackpot, I think I would offer $1M every year that RC is in charge to be in the war room and see their draft board, with 100% penalty clauses built into a non-disclosure agreement.

littlecoyotecoin
07-27-2014, 07:39 PM
Anderson will play THIS year, and probably more than people think. He's a coaches son, and has a veteran's understanding of the game.

I get that feeling, too. I just mentioned in another thread. Hope you don't mind coat-tailers.

heyheymymy
07-27-2014, 07:58 PM
If I ever won a HUGE lottery jackpot, I think I would offer $1M every year that RC is in charge to be in the war room and see their draft board, with 100% penalty clauses built into a non-disclosure agreement.

to be a fly on the wall in some of the rooms the biggest franchise decisions were made? damn. wonder how intense it was during the hill > leonard switch.

exstatic
07-27-2014, 08:07 PM
I get that feeling, too. I just mentioned in another thread. Hope you don't mind coat-tailers.

He knows where everyone is on the floor, even when they move. You can't teach or coach that. It's a gift that you either have or you don't, like vertical leap.

My favorite play in his UCLA Sophomore highlights was a fast break where he spun once between the circles, and spun a second time in the paint, then executed a no look bounce pass to a guy he hadn't had vision of since he crossed the 3 point arc. He spun right the second time, and dropped the pass to a man on the left block. He just knew where the guy was going to be. It took my breath away, and I've been watching bball for over 30 years.

Seventyniner
07-27-2014, 08:31 PM

That makes me wonder what the Spurs would have done if all 20 were off the board. Did they have a team lined up to trade the pick to, perhaps for a couple of second rounders or a future heavily protected first?

exstatic
07-27-2014, 08:36 PM
That makes me wonder what the Spurs would have done if all 20 were off the board. Did they have a team lined up to trade the pick to, perhaps for a couple of second rounders or a future heavily protected first?

Lots of teams were looking for picks late in the first round in this draft. We probably could have gotten a good second and a future first in the 20s. SA might have also drafted and stashed a Euro. Glad it didn't come to that, though.

Uriel
07-27-2014, 08:57 PM
"A poor man's Magic Johnson" is way too much of a compliment. Probably a disease-ridden, homeless, and welfare-reliant Magic Johnson cast into abject poverty.

littlecoyotecoin
07-27-2014, 09:01 PM
He knows where everyone is on the floor, even when they move. You can't teach or coach that. It's a gift that you either have or you don't, like vertical leap.

My favorite play in his UCLA Sophomore highlights was a fast break where he spun once between the circles, and spun a second time in the paint, then executed a no look bounce pass to a guy he hadn't had vision of since he crossed the 3 point arc. He spun right the second time, and dropped the pass to a man on the left block. He just knew where the guy was going to be. It took my breath away, and I've been watching bball for over 30 years.

I reposted that very clip from PTR on ST. Something special, wasn't it? We do differ on whether that vision can be taught and learned. Things are rarely only nature or nuture. You definitely have to have some innate ability, but I think it is something that is cultivated over a lifetime, too. You can't teach it to a player when they're 20. But, a coach's son, or just a kid that has an early appreciation for the pass. I know you are not a Daye fan, but I see a little of that in him, too. Being an NBA player's son, it makes some sense. They've had years and years of good tutelage.

boutons_deux
07-27-2014, 09:13 PM
Was little playmaker Stevie Nash notably fast?

I doubt speed will be KA's top problem as a rookie.

He's a great playmaker with enough shot to keep the defense honest, and enough height and board crashing habit to rebound well for a PG/SG.

You greedy mofos sure know how to look a gift horse in the mouth.

pgardn
07-27-2014, 09:18 PM

He's a great playmaker with enough shot to keep the defense honest, and enough height and board crashing habit to rebound well for a PG/SG.

Little Stevie was super quick.

Anderson does know the game. It's apparent. He just may not be athletic enough.
I think it was a great pick though.

tholdren
07-27-2014, 09:25 PM
lol how cool would it be to be in a situation like Kyle Anderson Sr.? Being your pro athlete sons trainer, mentor, and biggest fan. Fuckin cool.
If I was kyle I would fire the shit out of my pops because I have the build of a pre-teen girl and the stamina of a 900 pound diabetic. His dad is lucky that his kid got tall. 6 foot kyle anderson wouldnt have made his high school team

tholdren
07-27-2014, 09:27 PM

STOP POSTING

littlecoyotecoin
07-27-2014, 09:36 PM
STOP POSTING

No, it's really somewhat the same. You can't teach an idiot to play smart no matter how hard you try. The analogy with leaping ability is sound, in that regard. But, to what degree a person can learn it, it is still often neglected and uncultivated, and by the time they're 20, they've been playing stupid for ten years, and unteaching stupidity is difficult. Even if they had an innate ability to begin with.

tholdren
07-27-2014, 09:50 PM
No, it's really somewhat the same. You can't teach an idiot to play smart no matter how hard you try. The analogy with leaping ability is sound, in that regard. But, to what degree a person can learn it, it is still often neglected and uncultivated, and by the time they're 20, they've been playing stupid for ten years, and unteaching stupidity is difficult. Even if they had an innate ability to begin with.
This is really the dumbest thing Ive ever seen, and Im a troll. so take it for what its worth. you dont just wake up at age six and have court vision, you practice, and get reps. Similarly you dont just go out after sitting on your ass for years and dunk a basketball weighing 400 pounds.

The lack of logic and excess of ignorance is astounding.

I averaged roughly 9 assists per game in high school, I couldnt dunk. Now I can dunk(same height), but cant pass nearly as good as I used to. Why is that? Because I magically had gifts and then switched them?

exstatic
07-27-2014, 09:58 PM
STOP POSTING

FUCK OFF

baseline bum
07-27-2014, 10:34 PM
I forgot Kyle played at St Anthony for Bob Hurley. You can see high school Anderson in some of this 60 Minutes story on Hurley; he's wearing #5. There is actually quite of bit of Kyle Anderson in this video.

https://vimeo.com/60691731

littlecoyotecoin
07-27-2014, 10:51 PM
Of all the people on the board, I am not surprised that you are the one confused by this. Take that for what it's worth. Among many things, you don't understand what innate ability is. I will use mathematics as an example. Some people are born with an innate ability to do mathematics. The ability may reside there, untapped, through life until death. Uncultivated. The person may never learn how to do much more than rudimentary arithmetic. He may be a cabbage farmer in China. That same person may learn complex mathematics and yet their skills may wane with little practice. The difference comes when comparing two people. One with more innate ability in the skill, and one with less. With the same practice and experience, the one with greater innate ability has higher highs and higher lows. The one with less innate ability has lower highs and lower lows. It doesn't mean one will always be better than the other, depending upon conditions, they could even be equal. The same applies to leaping ability, or a myriad other things. With equal training and use/environment the two mathematicians will not be equal, just like with equal training Mike Miller in his prime will not out vertical leap Michael Jordan in his prime.

How we answer what happened to you is an anecdotal case. It depends on specifics. It is possible that you understood the game better when you were younger. There could have been traumatic brain damage, lead poisoning, etc. But, judging by your posts, you are pretty stupid, now. It's really an unfair exercise to ask me to diagnose how you became so stupid without more information. But, at least you can still dunk.

Solid D
07-27-2014, 10:51 PM
From St. Anthony to St. Anthony (San Antonio).

sexinthatsx
07-27-2014, 11:18 PM

Do you happen to have a youtube video of the said move? If so, post please!

littlecoyotecoin
07-27-2014, 11:27 PM
Do you happen to have a youtube video of the said move? If so, post please!

Scroll down a bit...

http://bostinno.streetwise.co/2014/06/03/boston-celtics-2014-draft-trade-rumors-kyle-anderson-the-latest-mock-draft-picks-for-the-celtics-17th-pick-video/

sexinthatsx
07-27-2014, 11:27 PM
In the draft of the decade...the Spurs only graded 20 guys as first round material. Yeah, they have different standards than the rest of the league. :lol

Spurs draft the best fit, not the best available. Even when Pop had the #1 pick back in 1999 with Tim Duncan, pretty sure he was going around player to player finding the one that will actually listen to Pop and take his yelling.

That said, I am giddy like a school girl about watching Kyle Anderson play this upcoming season

scanry
07-27-2014, 11:30 PM
I forgot Kyle played at St Anthony for Bob Hurley. You can see high school Anderson in some of this 60 Minutes story on Hurley; he's wearing #5. There is actually quite of bit of Kyle Anderson in this video.

Good video. Hurley only takes home $9000/yr stipend. That's remarkable in this day and age tbh.

Ice009
07-27-2014, 11:42 PM
If I was kyle I would fire the shit out of my pops because I have the build of a pre-teen girl and the stamina of a 900 pound diabetic. His dad is lucky that his kid got tall. 6 foot kyle anderson wouldnt have made his high school team

I read another article earlier today that said most of his family members were fast, so it's kind of strange that he didn't get that from any of them. Here's the quote and link :

http://www.nba.com/spurs/features/140713_kyle_anderson_family_athletes

So how did the son end up with a shortage of fast-twitch muscle? “I don’t know where that came from,” says the Spur nicknamed "Slow-mo." “Man, everybody in my family is fast except for me.”

Obstructed_View
07-28-2014, 12:33 AM
I think some of you are going to be surprised when you actually see him play.

sexinthatsx
07-28-2014, 01:03 AM
I think some of you are going to be surprised when you actually see him play.

a good surprise or a bad surprise?

sexinthatsx
07-28-2014, 01:07 AM
Scroll down a bit...

http://bostinno.streetwise.co/2014/06/03/boston-celtics-2014-draft-trade-rumors-kyle-anderson-the-latest-mock-draft-picks-for-the-celtics-17th-pick-video/

yeah that was a jaw dropping pass...

tholdren
07-28-2014, 06:46 AM
Of all the people on the board, I am not surprised that you are the one confused by this. Take that for what it's worth. Among many things, you don't understand what innate ability is. I will use mathematics as an example. Some people are born with an innate ability to do mathematics. The ability may reside there, untapped, through life until death. Uncultivated. The person may never learn how to do much more than rudimentary arithmetic. He may be a cabbage farmer in China. That same person may learn complex mathematics and yet their skills may wane with little practice. The difference comes when comparing two people. One with more innate ability in the skill, and one with less. With the same practice and experience, the one with greater innate ability has higher highs and higher lows. The one with less innate ability has lower highs and lower lows. It doesn't mean one will always be better than the other, depending upon conditions, they could even be equal. The same applies to leaping ability, or a myriad other things. With equal training and use/environment the two mathematicians will not be equal, just like with equal training Mike Miller in his prime will not out vertical leap Michael Jordan in his prime.

How we answer what happened to you is an anecdotal case. It depends on specifics. It is possible that you understood the game better when you were younger. There could have been traumatic brain damage, lead poisoning, etc. But, judging by your posts, you are pretty stupid, now. It's really an unfair exercise to ask me to diagnose how you became so stupid without more information. But, at least you can still dunk.

Im confused by many aspects, the first is that you wake up with court vision, and that it cannot be taught. That is not true. Second, his vertical leap theory that you either have the ability to jump or do not, that it cannot be taught, is also incorrect, and untrue. Third your agreeing with it. I am not certain who is more ignorant, you for agreeing with his terrible analogy, not understanding that both of those things are skills, or him for sitting in his mom's basement thinking he came up with a winner of an argument.

LMFAO at you trying to justify this concept through "innate ability" - There is no way to even prove that your concept is real. You are the same person that probably believes people get fat because of "genetics" rather than their lifestyle.

littlecoyotecoin
07-28-2014, 07:31 AM
Im confused by many aspects, the first is that you wake up with court vision, and that it cannot be taught. That is not true. Second, his vertical leap theory that you either have the ability to jump or do not, that it cannot be taught, is also incorrect, and untrue. Third your agreeing with it. I am not certain who is more ignorant, you for agreeing with his terrible analogy, not understanding that both of those things are skills, or him for sitting in his mom's basement thinking he came up with a winner of an argument.

LMFAO at you trying to justify this concept through "innate ability" - There is no way to even prove that your concept is real. You are the same person that probably believes people get fat because of "genetics" rather than their lifestyle.

He made a little bit of a binary statement, either you have it, or you don't. You don't read well, as I, almost immediately, did tell him that we differed slightly in that nothing is all nature or nuture. Meaning: these two things almost always work in concert with each other. But, I did agree with his "gist". People are born with higher propensities to do certain things. It seems a silly thing for you to disagree with, but to each his own. And, people do get fat due to their "genetics", not rather than their lifestyle, but in conjunction with their lifestyle. Whether you want to believe it or not, there is a genetic predisposition to weight gain:

http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsweek/Why-people-become-overweight.htm

Maybe you don't trust a little school like Harvard, but it seems legit?

"Genes are probably a significant contributor to your obesity if you have most or all of the following characteristics:

You have been overweight for much of your life.
One or both of your parents or several other blood relatives are significantly overweight. If both of your parents have obesity, your likelihood of developing obesity is as high as 80%.
You can’t lose weight even when you increase your physical activity and stick to a low-calorie diet for many months.'

Of course, no captives walked out of Auschwitz fat, either. So, what we consume is relevant, as well. But, your understanding is so superficial, it really isn't worth going on.

Do you REALLY think that you can teach anyone to jump as high as a world-class high jumper? That's just a skill? There is no innate genetic propensity?

100%duncan
07-28-2014, 07:54 AM
Really one of the reasons why I'm so excited for next season.

Yuixafun
07-28-2014, 08:36 AM

Ahh, you saved the best for last.

This right here folks is the difference between Simpsons Funny and Family Guy funny. Well developed to a punchline, you earned the laughter by creating the humor instead of relying on a gag.

One liners are an art form too though.

Yuixafun
07-28-2014, 08:46 AM
Of course, no captives walked out of Auschwitz fat, either. So, what we consume is relevant, as well. But, your understanding is so superficial, it really isn't worth going on.

Do you REALLY think that you can teach anyone to jump as high as a world-class high jumper? That's just a skill? There is no innate genetic propensity?

The world is always full of the sound of waves. The little fishes, abandoning themselves to the waves, dance and sing and play, but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows its depth?

Interrohater
07-28-2014, 10:15 AM

This may be the greatest burn I've ever read on here. How underrated! I applaud you, good sir. You've made my day.

littlecoyotecoin
07-28-2014, 10:40 AM

Almost every post in the thread has been pro-Anderson.

jag
07-28-2014, 12:16 PM
Almost every post in the thread has been pro-Anderson.

You're going to have to learn to ignore boutons, like the rest of us. Unlike tholdren, his intellectual capacity/acuity didn't wane over time. He was born retarded.

Darius McCrary
07-28-2014, 01:04 PM

time to put don in some workouts tbh

Agloco
07-28-2014, 01:34 PM
For any of you that have watched Anderson extensively, would it be fair to say that he's a younger version of Boris Diaw? Everything I've seen seems to indicate that Kyles passing is at least on par with Boris. Perhaps he will develop into a slightly better rebounder and defender than Boris?

maverick1948
07-28-2014, 02:02 PM

I guess Pop and Hurley have talked. Think another TP roasting. If he turns out half as good we will have another solid role player. If he takes it like TP, then he might become a starter.

Obstructed_View
07-28-2014, 02:08 PM
a good surprise or a bad surprise?
I don't know. The overwhelming majority of people who don't have anything good to say about him haven't actually seen him play. I don't know if those people are going to be happy when he turns out to be a good player. There are still people on this board who are angry that Tiago Splitter turned out to be such a good player.

urunobili
07-28-2014, 02:14 PM
After that video I like the kid even more than what I did b4 it :tu

Obstructed_View
07-28-2014, 02:17 PM
For any of you that have watched Anderson extensively, would it be fair to say that he's a younger version of Boris Diaw? Everything I've seen seems to indicate that Kyles passing is at least on par with Boris. Perhaps he will develop into a slightly better rebounder and defender than Boris?

I've watched him extensively since the draft, but not before, so take that for what it's worth. I thought he was Boris Diaw the first time I saw his scouting highlights on Youtube. Nothing's changed my mind on that.

lil'mo
07-28-2014, 02:25 PM
time to put don in some workouts tbh

Stuff yah

tholdren
07-28-2014, 03:16 PM
He made a little bit of a binary statement, either you have it, or you don't. You don't read well, as I, almost immediately, did tell him that we differed slightly in that nothing is all nature or nuture. Meaning: these two things almost always work in concert with each other. But, I did agree with his "gist". People are born with higher propensities to do certain things. It seems a silly thing for you to disagree with, but to each his own. And, people do get fat due to their "genetics", not rather than their lifestyle, but in conjunction with their lifestyle. Whether you want to believe it or not, there is a genetic predisposition to weight gain:

http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsweek/Why-people-become-overweight.htm

Maybe you don't trust a little school like Harvard, but it seems legit?

"Genes are probably a significant contributor to your obesity if you have most or all of the following characteristics:

You have been overweight for much of your life.
One or both of your parents or several other blood relatives are significantly overweight. If both of your parents have obesity, your likelihood of developing obesity is as high as 80%.
You can’t lose weight even when you increase your physical activity and stick to a low-calorie diet for many months.'

LOLOLOL

No, I dont agree with that shit or those bullet points, as they have ZERO to do with genetics.
The discoveries add to the growing body of knowledge about the biology behind weight, and the results confirm that while it’s represented by a single number, weight is the complex combination of a multitude of different metabolic processes, from brain (http://topics.time.com/brain/) systems that regulate appetite to enzymes that control how efficiently calories are turned from food into energy that the body needs. Making matters even more confusing, these factors are also likely influenced by environmental contributors such as diet and lifestyle.

Genes get mutated when you flood your body with shit, dont practice moderation, and have limited exercise. Children learn from parents, and 99% of the time eat what parents eat. If you were overweight for most of your life, as the bullet point states, then look to your lifestyle. The second bullet point wins the argument. If you have fat parents, you typically see a fat child, or one that doesnt understand portions (like a majority of america), understand exercise (elevating heart rate is the only way to increase metabolism), or eat healthy.

More elaboration on the second point. If you have been poor most of your life, and both of your parents are poor, then you have an EXTREMELY high percent chance you will be poor. This is also a fact, but CRAZY ENOUGH, it is not genetic? WHY? THESE ARE LIFESTYLE CHOICES....

The third bullet point would revert back to knowing HOW to eat and HOW to exercise.

There is no way around this fact FOOD = FUEL. If you input more than you put out then you gain weight. THE END. Its science.

SnakeBoy
07-28-2014, 03:53 PM

I didn't know anything about Hurley/St. Anthony...thanks for posting. Anderson has been called a perfect Spur because of his playing style but knowing that Pop won't have to spend any time teaching him to "get over himself" just makes him more perfect for the Spurs.

SnakeBoy
07-28-2014, 03:56 PM
LOLOLOL

No, I dont agree with that shit or those bullet points, as they have ZERO to do with genetics.
The discoveries add to the growing body of knowledge about the biology behind weight, and the results confirm that while it’s represented by a single number, weight is the complex combination of a multitude of different metabolic processes, from brain (http://topics.time.com/brain/) systems that regulate appetite to enzymes that control how efficiently calories are turned from food into energy that the body needs. Making matters even more confusing, these factors are also likely influenced by environmental contributors such as diet and lifestyle.

Genes get mutated when you flood your body with shit, dont practice moderation, and have limited exercise. Children learn from parents, and 99% of the time eat what parents eat. If you were overweight for most of your life, as the bullet point states, then look to your lifestyle. The second bullet point wins the argument. If you have fat parents, you typically see a fat child, or one that doesnt understand portions (like a majority of america), understand exercise (elevating heart rate is the only way to increase metabolism), or eat healthy.

More elaboration on the second point. If you have been poor most of your life, and both of your parents are poor, then you have an EXTREMELY high percent chance you will be poor. This is also a fact, but CRAZY ENOUGH, it is not genetic? WHY? THESE ARE LIFESTYLE CHOICES....

The third bullet point would revert back to knowing HOW to eat and HOW to exercise.

There is no way around this fact FOOD = FUEL. If you input more than you put out then you gain weight. THE END. Its science.

http://i.qkme.me/3qce6m.jpg

tholdren
07-28-2014, 04:19 PM
you're right, when people claim that jumping, becoming obese, or any other skill is simply gifted to you, then it's time for someone to go full retard on them.

sexinthatsx
07-28-2014, 05:19 PM
I don't know. The overwhelming majority of people who don't have anything good to say about him haven't actually seen him play. I don't know if those people are going to be happy when he turns out to be a good player. There are still people on this board who are angry that Tiago Splitter turned out to be such a good player.

There's always never a shortage of cliff jumping ST posters that are mad at the world lol. Like you, I've seen his highlights and one thing that pops out is obviously his passing. His shooting is a tough call because you never know how well it translates to the NBA (but then again Spurs have Chip). His defense needs work as well.

If Kyle Anderson sees the floor, he'll probably be asked to do what he does best: run the offense on point forward plays.

Obstructed_View
07-28-2014, 05:43 PM
I'm not sure how much defensive work he needs, as he's going to be checking the other team's second or third swing. You don't need to shut those guys down as much as you need to keep them in reach. As long as he's moving his man in the right direction, he doesn't have to keep the guy in front of him. The team's defense doesn't need him to stop anyone.

ChumpDumper
07-28-2014, 06:34 PM
Wait. Did someone just say that genes get mutated through lack of exercise?

Obstructed_View
07-28-2014, 06:37 PM
...and from shit-flooding.

Yuixafun
07-28-2014, 06:43 PM
you're right, when people claim that jumping, becoming obese, or any other skill is simply gifted to you, then it's time for someone to go full retard on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZiRZrYo5tA

Yuixafun
07-28-2014, 06:50 PM
This... probably extends to cognitive function and skill as well as physical and athletic ability.

There is just some threshold of understanding you may never achieve despite all your best efforts because you lack the range. Like... mental midgets I suppose.

tholdren is doing a fine job of being case in point.

Yuixafun
07-28-2014, 06:54 PM
I've watched him extensively since the draft, but not before, so take that for what it's worth. I thought he was Boris Diaw the first time I saw his scouting highlights on Youtube. Nothing's changed my mind on that.

Yea but despite his bouts of girthy-ness... by all account Boris is extremely athletic. I read about an episode where he was strolling around in sandals, I think in the Atlanta facility and encountered a coach that was finishing up measurements of verticals. Boris inquired into what the highest mark was, and then proceeded to best it, then wandered off muttering "That was not difficult..."

Is Slo-Mo's lack of athleticism exaggerated?

littlecoyotecoin
07-28-2014, 07:27 PM

You are anathema to science and reading comprehension. You dismiss a quote from Harvard researchers. Then babble a little. Then you fail to realize a whole bunch of what you quote corroborates what I've been telling you. For example, those enzymes you mention, they're proteins. You know what dictates how a protein is made, right? A gene. The very genes you said didn't have anything to do with obesity. You pasted:

...weight is the complex combination of a multitude of different metabolic processes, from brain systems that regulate appetite to enzymes that control how efficiently calories are turned from food into energy that the body needs.

Not only do you appear to be incapable of reading and understanding what I am writing and have written, you don't even appear to understand basic scientific principles you are attempting to use to bolster your side of the argument. You're disproving your own argument without even knowing it. A wise saying goes: "You should quit while you're ahead." However, in rare instances, you should not take old wisdom to heart. Here it presupposes, erroneously in your case, that you would ever be ahead. You, instead, should always strive to quit while you're behind. The earlier, the better.

littlecoyotecoin
07-28-2014, 08:11 PM
Yea but despite his bouts of girthy-ness... by all account Boris is extremely athletic. I read about an episode where he was strolling around in sandals, I think in the Atlanta facility and encountered a coach that was finishing up measurements of verticals. Boris inquired into what the highest mark was, and then proceeded to best it, then wandered off muttering "That was not difficult..."

Probably exaggerated, but he only added to the legend by opting out of the speed and agility testing at the draft. Boris, that is a classic story, love it, along with the one where he said: "That's what you think."

They are two of my favorites. But, they still do not unseat #1, when Ime took a rag-tag team down the Nile to retrieve a teammate that had gone rogue, ruling over the locals. He was only able to to get them back to civilization by crafting a make-shift raft from the skulls of his victims collected in the fight that ensued while making their way back to the riverbank. True story.

Obstructed_View
07-28-2014, 08:19 PM

I thought it was in Phoenix. It brings up an interesting point: how often do you see Boris Diaw dominate with his speed or leaping ability? Ever? He's got incredible court vision and basketball IQ. So does Anderson.

Look, I love Kawhi and absolutely love having an elite athlete on the Spurs again. Five Oh was fun to watch, and so is All Biz. But James White was a good athlete too, and it didn't do much for the team. It's really not as big a deal as people are making it out to be. There are a lot of really athletic teams watching the playoffs on TV.

sexinthatsx
07-28-2014, 09:32 PM
The grass is always greener on the other side. Somewhere out there, there's probably a Kings fan who would lust over Tim Duncan than having a headcase like Demarcus Cousins (who happens to be really athletic) on the team.

Yuixafun
07-29-2014, 03:09 AM
Probably exaggerated, but he only added to the legend by opting out of the speed and agility testing at the draft. Boris, that is a classic story, love it, along with the one where he said: "That's what you think."

They are two of my favorites. But, they still do not unseat #1, when Ime took a rag-tag team down the Nile to retrieve a teammate that had gone rogue, ruling over the locals. He was only able to to get them back to civilization by crafting a make-shift raft from the skulls of his victims collected in the fight that ensued while making their way back to the riverbank. True story.

Ahh that's gotta be hyperbole... lol @ victims skulls get away craft, but I do remember reading about Ime kung fuing his, and his teammates way out of a hostile terrain, where they were throwing batteries or some such onto the court.

Yuixafun
07-29-2014, 03:11 AM
I thought it was in Phoenix. It brings up an interesting point: how often do you see Boris Diaw dominate with his speed or leaping ability? Ever? He's got incredible court vision and basketball IQ. So does Anderson.

Look, I love Kawhi and absolutely love having an elite athlete on the Spurs again. Five Oh was fun to watch, and so is All Biz. But James White was a good athlete too, and it didn't do much for the team. It's really not as big a deal as people are making it out to be. There are a lot of really athletic teams watching the playoffs on TV.

True... as long as KA can move his feet enough and utilize his length and feel for the game to deter passing and allow the help defense to rotate etc his lack of elite athleticism shouldn't be the mountain it's been made out to be.

littlecoyotecoin
07-29-2014, 06:03 AM
Ahh that's gotta be hyperbole... lol @ victims skulls get away craft, but I do remember reading about Ime kung fuing his, and his teammates way out of a hostile terrain, where they were throwing batteries or some such onto the court.

I could be misremembering a little bit.

SpurAddict561
07-29-2014, 06:21 AM
The most "athletic" players(minus Bron) in the league have all watched the playoffs/Finals unfold every year for the past 10 years...

TrainOfThought5
07-29-2014, 07:21 AM
Another poster said you only NEED hyper athletic players to guard/negate the best/skilled athletes in the league. (I.e. Lebron/Durant/Westbrook) just enough to allow the other players on both teams to decide the outcome... so in THEORY, the only places we NEED exceptionally talented athletes would be at the 3/4 ( Kawhi) and the 1/2 ( Parker/Green).

If we can negate the FAR reaching impact of the absolute best athletes, our 3 through 10 man roster will dominate their 3 through 10 man roster. I think we saw a good example of this with the Thunder, and a GREAT example with the Heat.

eDizzle20
07-29-2014, 08:19 AM
Another poster said you only NEED hyper athletic players to guard/negate the best/skilled athletes in the league. (I.e. Lebron/Durant/Westbrook) just enough to allow the other players on both teams to decide the outcome... so in THEORY, the only places we NEED exceptionally talented athletes would be at the 3/4 ( Kawhi) and the 1/2 ( Parker/Green).

If we can negate the FAR reaching impact of the absolute best athletes, our 3 through 10 man roster will dominate their 3 through 10 man roster. I think we saw a good example of this with the Thunder, and a GREAT example with the Heat.

The Spurs depth is insane. I do believe Anderson will be in the regular rotation by the end of the season. I can see him taking minutes from Belinelli and Baynes along with the standard rest minutes given to the big 3. It's hard to believe his intelligence at only 20 years old and he has yet to play an NBA game. As many have seen in the past, if you don't understand defensive rotations, offensive spacing, etc., you will not see the court playing for Pop.

xmas1997
07-29-2014, 09:39 AM
I wonder if he is going to use the jersey number 1 as he did in the SL?
I don't think there will be any doubt he will be playing in the rotation Sooner rather than Later, not to mention that he has an extremely high basketball IQ and will grasp the Spurs system a whole lot faster than most..
Pop knows what he has, whereas Tiago was more of a question mark when he came over.

ceperez
07-29-2014, 10:07 AM
The Spurs depth is insane. I do believe Anderson will be in the regular rotation by the end of the season. I can see him taking minutes from Belinelli and Baynes along with the standard rest minutes given to the big 3. It's hard to believe his intelligence at only 20 years old and he has yet to play an NBA game. As many have seen in the past, if you don't understand defensive rotations, offensive spacing, etc., you will not see the court playing for Pop.

+1

Doesn't matter how athletic a player happens to be, he's not going to be on the court if he doesn't know where he should be at all times!

xmas1997
07-29-2014, 12:44 PM
Just saw in the Sports Illustrated that came out just before the draft that Anderson would be one of the best 1st round selections coming out of that draft.

ceperez
07-29-2014, 03:42 PM
Just saw in the Sports Illustrated that came out just before the draft that Anderson would be one of the best 1st round selections coming out of that draft.

Isn't it odd that he fell to #30?

Maybe none of the teams had any interest in Anderson playing as point guard.

I wonder if the Spurs play him at point guard? The Spurs have had 6'9"+ guards in the past: Steven Jackson and Hedo Turkuglu, so possibly they know what to do with his kind of talent.

xmas1997
07-29-2014, 03:45 PM

The rest of the leagues' loss and the Spurs gain!:flag:

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-29-2014, 08:41 PM

Maybe none of the teams had any interest in Anderson playing as point guard.

I wonder if the Spurs play him at point guard? The Spurs have had 6'9"+ guards in the past: Steven Jackson and Hedo Turkuglu, so possibly they know what to do with his kind of talent.

I watched the draft this year and was stunned as teams kept passing on Anderson! Had they not just watched the Finals and learned that multi-skilled passers (like Diaw) can be the key to an NBA championship? Had they not realised that basketball is a game of passing and smarts? Hadn't they learned from the Spurs? Obviously not. Once again they left our team the perfect piece late in the 1st round. Thanks, NBA FO morons! :D

sexinthatsx
07-29-2014, 10:18 PM
I watched the draft this year and was stunned as teams kept passing on Anderson! Had they not just watched the Finals and learned that multi-skilled passers (like Diaw) can be the key to an NBA championship? Had they not realised that basketball is a game of passing and smarts? Hadn't they learned from the Spurs? Obviously not. Once again they left our team the perfect piece late in the 1st round. Thanks, NBA FO morons! :D

I don't think any of the NBA teams implement the point forward system, so they didn't have a need to draft KA. Usually point forwards are reserved for really uptempo basketball teams, which are Clippers and Warriors (just off the top of my head right now). Clippers drafting a point forward is counter-intuitive because cp3 is already so ball dominant and Blake Griffin is a pretty good passer already so they don't need KA. Warriors have a log jam at the SF position with Iggy and Barnes, so that's probably why they passed on KA.

Like you said, it's pretty awesome he fell to the Spurs!

exstatic
07-29-2014, 10:30 PM
I don't think any of the NBA teams implement the point forward system, so they didn't have a need to draft KA. Usually point forwards are reserved for really uptempo basketball teams, which are Clippers and Warriors (just off the top of my head right now). Clippers drafting a point forward is counter-intuitive because cp3 is already so ball dominant and Blake Griffin is a pretty good passer already so they don't need KA. Warriors have a log jam at the SF position with Iggy and Barnes, so that's probably why they passed on KA.

Philly and Atlanta should have been interested, since they run the Spurs system.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-29-2014, 10:52 PM

A smart team would've drafted him and developed him for a couple of years, as he does look to need a fair bit of physical development. Also, systems change with each new coach, and the smart coaches like Pop even change their systems on the fly as their team and the NBA evolves.

But yeah, more awesomeness for us! :)

sexinthatsx
07-29-2014, 10:52 PM
Philly and Atlanta should have been interested, since they run the Spurs system.

Atlanta could've benefited a ton by drafting KA. Philly had draft pick #3 and #10; drafting Embiid at 3 was a no brainer. But if I were the Philadelphia FO, I would pass on KA with the #10 pick as well, it was just too high of a pick in too deep of a draft to choose KA

tholdren
07-30-2014, 09:41 PM
You are anathema to science and reading comprehension. You dismiss a quote from Harvard researchers. Then babble a little. Then you fail to realize a whole bunch of what you quote corroborates what I've been telling you. For example, those enzymes you mention, they're proteins. You know what dictates how a protein is made, right? A gene. The very genes you said didn't have anything to do with obesity. You pasted:

...weight is the complex combination of a multitude of different metabolic processes, from brain systems that regulate appetite to enzymes that control how efficiently calories are turned from food into energy that the body needs.

Not only do you appear to be incapable of reading and understanding what I am writing and have written, you don't even appear to understand basic scientific principles you are attempting to use to bolster your side of the argument. You're disproving your own argument without even knowing it. A wise saying goes: "You should quit while you're ahead." However, in rare instances, you should not take old wisdom to heart. Here it presupposes, erroneously in your case, that you would ever be ahead. You, instead, should always strive to quit while you're behind. The earlier, the better.

So what you're telling me is that, even though I have an advanced degree in branch of science closely related to nutrition and biology, if harvard funds a study/theory it is a "fact" and all other reading/research/publication is not? Further you cited some shit article that has typographical and grammatical errors (YES FROM HARVARD) "People with only a moderate genetic predisposition to be overweight have a good chance of losing weight on their own by eating fewer calories and getting more vigorous exercise more often. These people are more likely to be able to maintain this lower weight." ... sigh

Further this junk that you are citing is all over-the-place, relying on evidence such as BMI to judge obesity. If you didnt stop reading there, then you are a moron.

Here's another from harvard that disproves your "proof" from Harvard.... interesting eh?
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/obesity-prevention-source/obesity-causes/genes-and-obesity/

*fun fact for chumpdumper: multiple references to MUTATIONS

- you arguing anything about nutrition or exercise with me will take more than a google search and copy and paste. I have been studying these concepts and have worked in the field for YEARS.

The irony of your last statement is the best, as I can tell your work with any type of real dietetics or nutrition has been limited to the past 2 days of trying to prove me wrong. Great work... Please, go back to informing us all how you either got it or dont when it comes to other skills...

tholdren
07-30-2014, 09:43 PM
PS there is no such thing as predisposed obesity. just to make it clear. and if you think so, well, you're an idiot.

ChumpDumper
07-30-2014, 09:46 PM
*fun fact for chumpdumper: multiple references to MUTATIONS

Genetic changes are unlikely to explain the rapid spread of obesity around the globe. (1) That’s because the “gene pool”—the frequency of different genes across a population—remains fairly stable for many generations. It takes a long time for new mutations or polymorphisms to spread.

That was fun.

tholdren
07-30-2014, 09:51 PM
Genetic changes are unlikely to explain the rapid spread of obesity around the globe. (1) That’s because the “gene pool”—the frequency of different genes across a population—remains fairly stable for many generations. It takes a long time for new mutations or polymorphisms to spread.

That was fun.

fun for what, totally dismissing CONTEXT. you are not smart

ChumpDumper
07-30-2014, 10:08 PM
fun for what, totally dismissing CONTEXT. you are not smartThe context:

The Bottom Line: Healthy Environments and Lifestyles Can Counteract Gene-Related Risks

Fun.

tholdren
07-30-2014, 10:19 PM
The context:

The Bottom Line: Healthy Environments and Lifestyles Can Counteract Gene-Related Risks

Fun.

common sense, sad you had to look that up.

here's another - drinks containing limited amounts of sugar will help dehydration

or

eating fiber helps people with digestive tract problems

Chumpdumper should be given an honorary degree

ChumpDumper
07-30-2014, 10:21 PM
common sense, sad you had to look that up. You posted it, genius.

tholdren
07-30-2014, 10:37 PM
You posted it, genius.
maybe you should eat more fiber, you always respond as if you were constipated.

ChumpDumper
07-30-2014, 10:40 PM
maybe you should eat more fiber, you always respond as if you were constipated.On the contrary, I'm shitting all over you.

Are you trying to distract from the fact that you indeed posted what I quoted?

tholdren
07-30-2014, 10:43 PM
On the contrary, I'm shitting all over you.

Are you trying to distract from the fact that you indeed posted what I quoted?
not at all. what are "gene related risks?"

ChumpDumper
07-30-2014, 10:44 PM
not at all. what are "gene related risks?"Not the mutated ones.

tholdren
07-30-2014, 10:48 PM
Not the mutated ones.
no, i mean specifically, what would be considered a "gene related risk?"

tholdren
07-30-2014, 10:48 PM
take your time

ChumpDumper
07-30-2014, 10:51 PM
no, i mean specifically, what would be considered a "gene related risk?"i meant specifically not the ones you claimed were mutating when people don't exercise, making them fat.

tholdren
07-30-2014, 10:52 PM
i meant specifically not the ones you claimed were mutating when people don't exercise, making them fat.

in other words, you dont know what a gene related risk would be?

ChumpDumper
07-30-2014, 10:58 PM
in other words, you dont know what a gene related risk would be?I didn't say that. I said specifically what I was talking about.

What part of that are you having trouble with? I am here to help you understand what you are failing to understand.

tholdren
07-30-2014, 11:08 PM
I didn't say that. I said specifically what I was talking about.

What part of that are you having trouble with? I am here to help you understand what you are failing to understand.
the only thing that you have helped me understand is that you have no idea what you are talking about, and you are easily duped into an argument. I can always count on you to take the bait, and for that, I thank you.

ChumpDumper
07-30-2014, 11:13 PM
the only thing that you have helped me understand is that you have no idea what you are talking about, and you are easily duped into an argument. I can always count on you to take the bait, and for that, I thank you.Of course I know what I am talking about.

I was making fun of your stupid statement that stuck in your craw so badly you had to post my name again when you found an article that merely mentioned mutations but in fact shat all over your original stupid contention again.

Sorry I got to you so badly. Don't be so stupid next time.

tholdren
07-30-2014, 11:14 PM
Of course I know what I am talking about.

I was making fun of your stupid statement that stuck in your craw so badly you had to post my name again when you found an article that merely mentioned mutations but in fact shat all over your original stupid contention again.

Sorry I got to you so badly. Don't be so stupid next time.

dont be mad man, its only an anonymous message board. breath. relax. your constipation and fuming anger cant be good for your health. maybe you need a break.

ChumpDumper
07-30-2014, 11:14 PM
lol tholdren.0

tmtcsc
07-31-2014, 03:36 AM
Let's hope the guy can play against NBA competition. I thought he looked very average in the summer league and wasn't even the best guy on the Spurs roster. At this point, I'd be surprised if he makes the team.

exstatic
07-31-2014, 07:04 AM
Let's hope the guy can play against NBA competition. I thought he looked very average in the summer league and wasn't even the best guy on the Spurs roster. At this point, I'd be surprised if he makes the team.
He has a guaranteed contract for two years, and the Spurs, in this supposed deep draft, only had 20 players graded as first rounders, and he was one of them, so they feel they got him at LEAST 10 spots below where he should have been picked. I think he'll make the team.

littlecoyotecoin
07-31-2014, 10:05 AM
dont be mad man, its only an anonymous message board. breath. relax. your constipation and fuming anger cant be good for your health. maybe you need a break.

He's been attempting to lead you to an epiphany like a leprotic child. Thus far, for his efforts, he's collected some fingers, a thumb, a hand, and a forearm, and you're still standing in the same puddle of ignorance you pissed several days ago.

Regarding your science chops, they're about as legit as young Earthers'. You're not about to tell us the Earth is 6000 years old, too, are you?

xmas1997
07-31-2014, 10:43 AM

He has a guaranteed contract for two years, and the Spurs, in this supposed deep draft, only had 20 players graded as first rounders, and he was one of them, so they feel they got him at LEAST 10 spots below where he should have been picked. I think he'll make the team.

Thank you, guys, for bringing us back to the topic of Kyle Anderson (Slo Mo) from the endless bickering and thread hijacking that chump loves the most to indulge in.

It won't be long before we hear the results from training camp.

I tend to trust the opinions of those who are being paid big money to make the tough basketball decisions with the Spurs, and the people that know the sport the best like Sean Elliott, over some armchair basketball enthusiasts, and wannabe coaches and fans, when it comes to Kyle, don't you?

wildbill2u
07-31-2014, 11:56 AM
Let's hope he proves to be an lucky gem in the draft--but if he needs some seasoning on the bench or in Austin, or even bombs out of the league, it's not the end of the world as he was only the last pick in the round and most of those guys are gone by October.

Clearly the PO likes him so they must feel he can stick and make a contribution.

dbestpro
07-31-2014, 12:24 PM
Quite a bit of summer league is about individual talent and is one of the poorest places for a team first player to showcase their talents. Having said that, Anderson played fairly well all things considered. He is the prefect addition for the Spurs. Now if you're thinking like a Kings or Timberwolves fan and the only way you have a chance is if he drops 40 every night then I suggest you readjust your fandom.

tmtcsc
07-31-2014, 02:38 PM
I tend to trust the opinions of those who are being paid big money to make the tough basketball decisions with the Spurs, and the people that know the sport the best like Sean Elliott, over some armchair basketball enthusiasts, and wannabe coaches and fans, when it comes to Kyle, don't you?

I'll have you know I'm one of the best known and respected armchair basketball enthusiasts in my house. Made the hall of fame and everything. So...

xmas1997
07-31-2014, 04:21 PM
I'll have you know I'm one of the best known and respected armchair basketball enthusiasts in my house. Made the hall of fame and everything. So...

:lol
That you are!
I commend you!

Ice009
08-01-2014, 01:17 AM
Let's hope he proves to be an lucky gem in the draft--but if he needs some seasoning on the bench or in Austin, or even bombs out of the league, it's not the end of the world as he was only the last pick in the round and most of those guys are gone by October.

Clearly the PO likes him so they must feel he can stick and make a contribution.

Most of those guys are not gone by the end of October, most of those guys are guaranteed a 2 year contract if they sign to play in the NBA. Sure the team can still cut them as their salary is lower for being a 30th or late first round pick, but still, they've got guaranteed money.

exstatic
08-01-2014, 07:10 AM
Most of those guys are not gone by the end of October, most of those guys are guaranteed a 2 year contract if they sign to play in the NBA. Sure the team can still cut them as their salary is lower for being a 30th or late first round pick, but still, they've got guaranteed money.

Agreed. People need to STOP thinking that Kyle Anderson is going to be cut, under any circumstances. For those two seasons, he's owed more than $2M in cold hard cash. James Anderson, as injured and disappointing as he was, was kept for his first two seasons.

littlecoyotecoin
08-01-2014, 07:56 AM
Agreed. People need to STOP thinking that Kyle Anderson is going to be cut, under any circumstances. For those two seasons, he's owed more than $2M in cold hard cash. James Anderson, as injured and disappointing as he was, was kept for his first two seasons.

Chinook listed a couple of guys that were owed guaranteed money and were still cut. He couldn't come up with a long list, but it is not entirely unheard of, as I was making the argument that Ayres and Daye wouldn't be cut for the same reason. And, he made the case that there was a chance they could still be cut because The Spurs have done it in his cited examples. As you mention the James Anderson case, I agree that it is very unlikely, but just for information purposes...there are rare instances.

sexinthatsx
08-01-2014, 02:53 PM
Chinook listed a couple of guys that were owed guaranteed money and were still cut. He couldn't come up with a long list, but it is not entirely unheard of, as I was making the argument that Ayres and Daye wouldn't be cut for the same reason. And, he made the case that there was a chance they could still be cut because The Spurs have done it in his cited examples. As you mention the James Anderson case, I agree that it is very unlikely, but just for information purposes...there are rare instances.

You guys are just straight haters if you think Kyle Anderson is going to be cut. His poise for the game and passing ability alone makes him pretty indispensible to the team.

superbigtime
08-01-2014, 04:33 PM
I'm stoked about this guy!

littlecoyotecoin
08-01-2014, 07:56 PM
You guys are just straight haters if you think Kyle Anderson is going to be cut. His poise for the game and passing ability alone makes him pretty indispensible to the team.

I would like you to reread that and let me know what part of it put you on the scent of the trail that I thought Kyle was going to be cut. Just about everything in the statement indicates the opposite is more likely.

sexinthatsx
08-01-2014, 10:31 PM
I would like you to reread that and let me know what part of it put you on the scent of the trail that I thought Kyle was going to be cut. Just about everything in the statement indicates the opposite is more likely.

There isn't, but I'm just saying.

Kyle Anderson is not James Gist nor James Anderson for that matter; he's on a different level

littlecoyotecoin
08-01-2014, 10:47 PM
There isn't, but I'm just saying.

Kyle Anderson is not James Gist nor James Anderson for that matter; he's on a different level

Why would I be a hater, then, exactly? Confused.

sexinthatsx
08-01-2014, 10:53 PM
Why would I be a hater, then, exactly? Confused.

It was a figure of speech, calm down lol

littlecoyotecoin
08-01-2014, 11:05 PM
It was a figure of speech, calm down lol

I'm calm. I just think it should be a figure of speech used on someone saying at least even mildly negative things about KA, which I have not. Now, I wouldn't be calling him "indispinsible" [sic], as he'll be pretty dispensable, this year, especially. Howevever, I have said nothing but upbeat things about him.

BillMc
08-02-2014, 12:08 AM
I wonder if KA will get enough playing time to have a shot at an All-Rookie team?

Obstructed_View
08-02-2014, 12:34 AM
I wonder if KA will get enough playing time to have a shot at an All-Rookie team?

Let's hope he determines that with his play.

DMC
08-02-2014, 02:30 AM
We'll see. Anyone trying to guess what he will do in the pros is just planning on cherry picking in a few months anyhow. If he sucks, they will ignore their comments but someone will bump them, and then the offender will just bypass the thread. Of course they will bump their own prediction if it pans out, maybe via a sock puppet.

xmas1997
08-02-2014, 08:56 AM
We'll see. Anyone trying to guess what he will do in the pros is just planning on cherry picking in a few months anyhow. If he sucks, they will ignore their comments but someone will bump them, and then the offender will just bypass the thread. Of course they will bump their own prediction if it pans out, maybe via a sock puppet.

It would be no skin off my back either way, after all, this is just a message board, it's not like I would be winning or losing some sort of mythical contest or anything significant like that.
So I don't mind in the slightest on going on record and saying that I predict he will easily make the All Rookie team.
And not only that, other than if Embiid plays, I think he may challenge for Rookie of the Year, depending of course on how much Pop plays him.

SnakeBoy
08-02-2014, 10:08 AM
I'm calm. I just think it should be a figure of speech used on someone saying at least even mildly negative things about KA, which I have not. Now, I wouldn't be calling him "indispinsible" [sic], as he'll be pretty dispensable, this year, especially. Howevever, I have said nothing but upbeat things about him.

Just stop hating on KA and he's not getting cut so stop that talk too.

xmas1997
08-02-2014, 02:59 PM
I think any FA the Spurs could pick up this year, except for the exceptional ones, would take away the playing time that Anderson should get.
So that may be why they are not too concerned with getting anyone, they are pretty high on Kyle, already being better than most FAs out there, and plan to work him into the rotation as quickly as possible IMHO